Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Saturday, 27 Feb 2021 at 8:55pm

#StillSingle

#You'reHome&HosedSypkan

#NoMoreLonelyNights

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/jacqui-lambie-s...

"So what does she consider to be the perfect man?

“I don’t know. I think that’s somebody that, you know, can pick up tools, use tools, but can put a suit on,” she said. “I don’t want a homebody. I want them to have their own career, and their own job.

“Bit of beef is good.”

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 27 Feb 2021 at 9:30pm

Apparently she likes a big cock.
Maybe you fit the bill Memo?
I mean, you’re a big cock :)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 27 Feb 2021 at 10:19pm

the fascination is over...

it seems Im not her type... I'm too skinny, too unemployed, and I don't do suits...

I can hang a picture though... possibly a door, if it doesn't need to be too straight...

but I'm still eternally indebted to her, the frankness of her speech to the senate was the forceful blunt honesty we desperately need much more of in politics

and besides, you weren't gonna do it, you or your bought mates in labor were never gonna do it, especially you...

you're eternally indebted to her too, you just haven't accepted it.. yet... still...

denial is a process... but geez you're taking some time...

maybe when xi finally takes out your honkey 'white supremicist' arse you might wake up

but I doubt it

some diodes aren't connecting...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 27 Feb 2021 at 9:45pm
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 27 Feb 2021 at 9:47pm

not to mention the hypocrisy

again...

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Saturday, 27 Feb 2021 at 11:11pm

"I'm still eternally indebted to her..."

"Apparently she likes a big cock."

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 28 Feb 2021 at 8:51am

How'd they vote?

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Sunday, 28 Feb 2021 at 10:23am

Googled your post Westofthelake and came to

https://theyvoteforyou.org.au

Not where your info came from but this site lays it all out about what the pollies are voting for.

Looked up my local National Party member to see the obvious. He voted to repeal the Minerals Resource Rent Tax, no surprise with that. MRT was set up to tax the “super profits” of the (85% foreign owned ) mining companies.

Then on the same bill, just to give a clear eyed picture of the LNPs intent and what they stand for, he voted to do away with the low income superannuation government co-contribution, income support bonus and school kids bonus.

Different bill, increase cost of subsidised pharmaceuticals and on it goes.

It’s a bit of an effort to follow up all the parliamentary info links so no wonder no-one really knows what their members really stand for other than the usual dumbed down rhetoric.

If all the “battlers” fully understood how they are being shafted some of these guys would never get voted in again.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 28 Feb 2021 at 11:47am

Cheers Fliplid. Good stuff.

The info-graphic above was from Larissa Water's FB page.

happyppl's picture
happyppl's picture
happyppl Sunday, 28 Feb 2021 at 1:55pm

goodonya andym, keep up the info, have'nt checked memos posts yet so no comment, (penis comment?) don't bite, , i think he's fishing.
no probs memo luv yr memos.

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Sunday, 28 Feb 2021 at 10:08pm

Crikey happy...'no probs memo luv yr memos' - you've got issues saying shit like that.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 7:33am

+1

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 1:17pm
seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 1:57pm

Almost almost Darwin Award candidates haha

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 2:36pm
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 3:56pm

"Morrison says cabinet minister has 'vigorously denied' rape allegations"

Sooooo I interpret that as Scomo believes ********* ******'s denial

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 4:00pm

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 4:09pm

#AIsFor?

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 4:24pm

Sheepdog, this story gets more frightening the more you look at it. It’s decidedly ugly, factotum’s link saying it happened to a girl (presumably that means under-age) and that it involved the wrong, ummh, orifice.

And it’s a cabinet minister, in the current government. Comments below that link worth a squiz. Australia, you’re standing in it, what an apt heading for this forum.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 4:30pm

I’m getting out of here. For everyone’s sake, best not to throw out any names here. Other places can do that. Keep yourself out of trouble, a cornered rat can be a very dangerous thing.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 1 Mar 2021 at 10:57pm

True Batfink, hence I didn't name

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Tuesday, 2 Mar 2021 at 7:46am

As for the PM not believing the victim, this press conference from 2019 ( Samantha Maiden retweet couple of posts down) shows what a low turd he really is.

https://twitter.com/nickryanwine

Now when he has the opportunity to believe the victim he takes the word of the alleged rapist instead
Just wondering exactly what a government minister would have to do before they were stood aside, murder in public?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 2 Mar 2021 at 8:31am

That's so sad Fliplid, piss poor!

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Tuesday, 2 Mar 2021 at 9:05am

Parliament house Canberra Australia.
A great place to be a woman?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 2 Mar 2021 at 10:16am
factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 2 Mar 2021 at 12:08pm
happyppl's picture
happyppl's picture
happyppl Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021 at 1:46pm

gee fellas maybe u guys see something in memos memos that i've missed?
all for freedom of speach.
ps i'm a fan of dk's and jello biafra and saw memos critique of his performance, fair comment i thought, maybe jello had a bad day?

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021 at 2:02pm

#AtLeastTheReal3StoogesWereFunnyOnPurpose

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021 at 6:44pm

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021 at 6:58pm
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021 at 7:46pm

Oh no, our new Attorney General, the "People's Lawyer" for the citizens, is Michaelia we are going to stand by our tradies and we are going to save their utes, I couldn't give a flying fck about the environment, just give me the cash, Cash.
Way to go indeed.

https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/senate/wa/michaelia_cash/policies/94
https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/senate/wa/michaelia_cash

Caption this? (yea naa)

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 10:01am

This govt, eh? Understand that some issues are historical, but I can't help thinking that the LNP's gentle crusades are coming to a crashing halt.

There's been a long build up to this moment. ScoMo's got the patent on hands-off-the-steering-wheel leadership, made an art form of the do nothing approach to government. Reckon it started with the shameless behind-the-scenes machinations that began with Abbott, who turned transparency of government on its head, allowing ministers to make decisions without scrutiny, and in some cases shun rule of law without any recompense to justice.

Not only has ScoMo's willingly followed the template, but he's ramped it up with a stubborn refusal to hold any minister to account, such as the undies model Angus Taylor who signed off on policy that enriched the family business, and also fabricated evidence against a political foe - “Fantastic. Great move. Well done Angus.” - or the sports rorts and pork barrelling, using public money to keep themselves in power.

There's many more. Recent list had 902 broken promises, examples of cronyism, or just flat out corruption.

All the while they've been helped along by meek opposition. So ineffective they make me nostalgic for Shorten's zingers.

The LNP has brushed off every accusation, made shamelessness a sport, promoted incompetent and corrupt ministers, or human liabilities, and got away with it for a fucking long time, but it feels like the indulgences can only last so long.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 10:04am

Shows how important a strong & competent opposition is, doesn't it Stu!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 10:12am

Sure does.

Where's the friggen fire in the belly?

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 10:15am

#PerceptionIsReality

#TractionlessInAuzzie

#HowDoYouSolveAProblemLikeCorpoMedia

#DoYouRememberTheTime

#HistoricalOrHysterical

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 10:34am

Weak leadership has been an ongoing problem in Australian politics through number of years now. With A failure lead and deliver on policies and ideals democratic government is supposed to deliver to the democratic process (whilst following the rule of law, Constitution) etc.
They have made a meal of it achieving very little for the time they are installed. (you could even say undemanding our democratic processes)
All the while selling working for the Australian people agenda. The great Australian swindle?
This is Australia's unfolding legacy at they highest levels of government. Ramifications of conduct and outcomes in government shape the Australia we are a part of. Wake up Australia this is your future.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 10:41am

Weak leadership has been an ongoing problem in Australian politics through number of years now. With A failure lead and deliver on policies and ideals democratic government is supposed to deliver to the democratic process (whilst following the rule of law, Constitution) etc.
They have made a meal of it achieving very little for the time they are installed. (you could even say under minding our democratic processes)
All the while selling working for the Australian people agenda. The great Australian swindle?
This is Australia's unfolding legacy at they highest levels of government. Ramifications of conduct and outcomes in government shape the Australia we are a part of. Wake up Australia this is your future.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 11:07am

The'y ain't got no fire. or desire for change. For Australia would have seen it. From one fuck up to another the ongoing repetition of failures is remarkable, or piss poor management of our country.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 11:07am

"Scott Morrison stands by Christian Porter, says rule of law is essential for democracy and ‘we weaken it at our peril’."

Bernard Collaery agrees, but curiously Scott Morrison doesn't agree with Bernard.

Even more strange is that Christian Porter prosecuted 'Witness K' and Collaery shortly after he assumed the A-G's office.

Filthy business.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 11:17am

Filthier by the day, governance with no Substance, merit or respect for the foundation from which it arises, evolves from. Arrogance above the law.

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 11:17am
Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 11:22am

Not hard to work out why Porter won't step aside (/why Morrison won't force him) - with Kelly going to the crossbench, losing another minister would strip the coalition of it's majority (sure Kelly's said he'll still vote with them, but still...)
I do wonder if there would have been a very different response if they had a bigger buffer (or were in opposition)? Or is that too cynical?

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 11:24am

Did Scomo phone phone Brian Houston for advice on the matter at hand?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 11:36am
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 12:10pm

You have to ask yourself what this poor woman would have gained from this by lying and what Christian Porter would have gained from this by lying.

H2O's picture
H2O's picture
H2O Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 12:23pm

According to one Sydney taxi driver ,related in serious tones this morning, Christian Porter couldn't have done it because he is transsexual (as is Linda Reynolds ).

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 4 Mar 2021 at 12:30pm

This was overheard by a pal in a doctor's waiting room this morning. It should be noted that it was a conversation between 3 women, so I don't think any one of them were Optimist.

"They (women) lie about being raped to get money; then if they don't get any, they kill themselves to make the man look guilty. It happened to Geoffrey Rush. It happened to whatshisname from 'Neighbours' too. Bitches."