The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 1:22pm

we are pattern-finding, narrative-driven animals....stick our brains in understimulated or over stimulated, anxiety producing situations, and our brains just can't help but make up connections and concoct narratives where none exist.

but, like a monkey in a space capsule constantly wanking, it's pretty damn embarrassing to be doing it in public.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 1:24pm

The monkey isn't in a space capsule.

This monkey's gone to heaven.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 1:26pm

"Further, the Trump movement (which I too have been watching closely) is obviously very 'christian' in its values"

ummmm, you lost me there short.

to be honest, I think you are totally cracked, but you're doing no harm on here.

it's when that shitt starts infecting the broader discourse that shit goes whack.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 1:26pm

Ha ha Indo and stunet - keep them coming!!!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 1:26pm

Ironic that those that are most determined not to be manipulated are often the most easily manipulated.

Or maybe it's the acid.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 1:28pm

ironic indeed.

and when you come unmoored from reality there's no telling where you end up.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 1:36pm

The sarcophagus lid is opening...tbb is awakening from his trance.
...need more shortenism more! more!...we are not worthy.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 1:39pm

re infecting broader discourse. that ship has sailed unfort. I'm struggling to find hope that reason will ever again overcome insanity given current trend.
i used to laugh at this stuff.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:02pm

@Steve,

Guy I know, ex-big wave pro of my generation, is on the same boat as our friend here, and the stuff he posts makes trolling look prosaic. At first I struggled to come to terms with it, he ain't a silly bloke but his capacity for self-deception and enthusiasm for hypothesis-shopping to fit his daily hot takes was fascinating. I got perverse entertainment from watching how his mind worked.

But now he's posted a few things that put him in the shoes of George Orwell - or more correctly, Winston Smith - and I'm getting a deeper insight to the strength of his conviction, and TBH its frightening.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:16pm

I don’t care what people think , say or do as long as it’s not directly threatening someone’s safety and I’d rather everyone felt free to speak their minds irrespective of how foolish or astute they felt others would see it.

Far better that than the closet dominatrix’s telling everyone what they can and can’t say , think and believe.

No one is forcing anyone else to take it seriously or even listen . The whole concept of an idea too dangerous to be spoken is so overblown it’s depressing.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:17pm

We're all in a room full of mirrors ei lads...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:19pm

But when people start acting on those ideas, Blowin?

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:23pm

Blowin for Pres!!

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:24pm

What are the actions arising from these ideas stunet?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:29pm

What do you think he’s going to do exactly ?

Start removing the numbers 9 and 1 from every calculator down at KMart ?

I think the world has got far too many genuine problems to worry about than this stuff.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:32pm

Well, collectively there're things like shifts in voting power, erosion of public institutions, cynicism of noble initiatives, and individually there's non-compliance of social advancements - such as vaccines - and more specifically, especially to my prior post and which frightens me the most, is the justification to arm oneself.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:43pm

"and when you come unmoored from reality there's no telling where you end up."

Funnily enough I just had an experience 5 minutes ago.

Some people end up walking around Boulders bailing people up talking about Our Lord Jesus Christ, being a Jehovahs Witness and also the prevalence of a high powered paedophile ring in Australia.

It's like the genie's out of the bottle and people feel justified to voice every bit of bullshit floating around.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:48pm

the essays are all marked...see you lot later.

in response to the decline of reason in the public sphere, i'm off to form a temporary semi-autonomous state in my attic with the help of bag of weed, a few thousand record and and a pile of synthesisers and samplers.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 2:52pm

One bloke posts a few out field ideas in a pleasant tone on a surfing website and you’re worried about an uncivil uprising ?

That’s as wacky as any other conspiracy theory.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 3:00pm

Ah shit was that you I was talking to AndyM..

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 3:02pm

Silver hair, playful Staffie?

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 3:15pm

Sorry AndyM, bad joke on my behalf.. It wasn't me. I am a long way from that part of the world.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 3:17pm
freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 4:06pm

"Silver hair, playful Staffie?"

that guy has got me so many times.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 27 Nov 2020 at 4:09pm

Haha, how is he??

He'll start a seemingly innocent chat, engage you, close the physical distance, then BOOM, its all JW and conspiracy theories and promises of being able to surf into eternity.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 3:02am

Trump Election Fund runs well past Court Dates to 14th Dec
Indicating victory was not the aim only to block Courts with appeals
Legal teams change daily & ask for extensions with constant appeals.
The reason is to cancel out disputed (late) State's Electoral College Votes

24th Nov Trump instructs GSA to ascertain Biden (Trump : 'Not a Concession')
GSA lie about independent decision...(Clearly under President's instruction)

Post Election Law Cases 26 down 14 to go + more certification appeals are likely.

Pennsylvania - Mail (deadline) / Provisional (Appeal) / Undated Ballots / Requested.
Michigan - Reverse Certification (Case Filed) 26th-Major Fraud Suit Launch.
Wisconsin - [f] Grants for 5 City electoral Upgrades / Mail in Voter [I.D]
Arizona - No 'Current' Cases...(Certification Appeal likely)
Nevada - Unconstitutional Mail -in / Improper use of Vote [I.D] Machines x 4 cases
Georgia - [ Mid Recount ] 26th Nov - Major Fraud Suit launch
Minnesota - Block Certification until Audit
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-s-election-fight-in...

26th Nov- Trump threatens more Law Suits.
Trump bullies Rudy bullies Jenna bullies the Courts who are losing patience.

Trump will portray each state as potentially corrupt on 8th Dec (Safe Harbour)
https://abc7ny.com/trump-threatens-more-lawsuits-but-court-challenges-ar...

Trump Election Fund (End Date 14th Dec is removed) Reasons?
1. The Post Court Date 8th Dec revealed Fighting Votes for a Win was a sham.
2. The open ended (No Date) affords a longer fight if needed. (Phase 2)

26th Nov - Trump dumps a fresh Batch of cases in Michigan & Georgia.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-26/ex-trump-lawyer-files...

8th Dec -Safe Harbour > (Statute) Results must be concluded 6 days prior 14 Dec.
Ballots + 6 ascertainment cert's are sent to Archive & Electoral College Count

Funniest Election Story ever, after weeks & weeks of Trump fighting Postal Ballots.

The crucial Results are by law "Posted" to Electoral Colleges with a 5 day deadline.

Meet the folk in charge of this process...to urgently stamp & 'secure' the 2020 Ballots.
Rep' Archivists + Rep Vice President + Rep #3 can take all the time to miss deadline.
Repeat of last year's Trump Thanksgiving National Strike over the Wall ... Bummer!

27th Nov- Trump Press interview.( re: 14th Dec 2020 Electoral College Vote )
[ re: above link > scroll for this Trump interview].
Media have already jumped the Judges..Now onto Electoral College Vote Question.
Note: Even after 14th Dec 2020 media will be made to address President Trump.

Q: Will the President accept the Electoral College Vote & will you concede?
Prez : "If they do that, they've made a mistake, because this election was a fraud!"
"No, I can't say that at all!"

Rant : "Don't ever talk to the Prez that way, you're just a lightweight...
Alright, I'm gonna go with another Question.."
(Trump picks a young Chick : Who asks the same Question!)
"Certainly I will and you know that!"
"But there will be a lot of things happen between now & the (20th)"

(President is referring to 20th Jan 2021 Inauguration Day - Yes, it's his party!).

14th Dec - Electoral College Vote
It seems the President will refuse Vote / Courts & maybe College Count as trivial.
Vice President / #3 Rep / Rep Archivist decide which Votes/Certificates are valid.
Republicans can knock out 1/2/3/4/5 Large States by House Rules.
Constitution gives Vice President a ruling say if State cert is a tiny bit iffy.
Eg: Dem it's Fine / Rep' it's Suss > your call Vice President > "Bin needs emptying."

After the College Vote, each process skews further toward "Governing President."

Vice President / #3 / Archivists have private control of votes until 23 Dec.
Again Trumps post is a bit slow, so some Dem states will likely miss out! (Oh Gee!)

Pause: Trump needs only to bitch about late mail & Joe's lead vanishes.(Bummer!)
He'll play the nice guy & offer to speed up Dem Ballots...(Shame he can't do that!)
Late Dem Ballots fall under may/generally (What's a day or two between pollies!)
Trump's Vice President will delay & void them by Trump's next day 4:am posties.

6th Jan -Vice President has cast the 2nd highest deciding votes in history (Expert)
23 days to finger sealed Ballots + Ruling vote (Ask Republicans if that's a steal?)

Vice President rules the Count..(Can this open hearing also be corrupted )
Vice Prez must pick 4 tellers 2 from each house equally from each party.
Let's say you pick a fall guy with a need for money over honesty...(A Politician?)
Each alternatively openly read & tally votes which only Vice Prez may see & Judge.
Naturally each party will also tally to ensure a rough estimate of 538 votes

Here's how it's done...The States are read Alphabetically.
Vice President therefore can pre allocate largest swing states for Rep' teller's count.
By targeting the larger Dem tally a Teller can reapportion his amount to suit.
Take two from large democrat State then add 2 to large Rep' State x 2 tellers.
This would not look out of place in Archives + Only vice President has keys.
There are 20 yrs of complaints about this suss process but they fall on deaf ears!
Vice President calls that Trump & Himself as the Winners..none can argue that!.

Whatever, who & what any cares to do about it, is way more ambiguous than now!
The whole process of if..may..generally..no neutral vote counter or transparency.
US would only further embarrass itself by recounting yet more Vote Corruption.
Public would also argue why Pollie's vote is worth more than theirs, not happening!

Even if Trump were still to go another round...
Inauguration Day (If 2 contenders stand side by side > Commander in Chief wins)

Once the Court cases are run, it's all plain bog standard Postal Vote rorting.

Of course Biden should be President but how & where is his plan to out Trump.
No one else will dare do it for him...Biden has to man up & call Trump out & again!
Biden may not ever face a more stubborn Leader than his own US President.
Think about it...each day he presents as a weaker leader of a cowering US.

Republican's run a closed shop from here to inauguration victory. (Power & Money)

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 8:11am

Just to lighten things up a bit
220-EF0-FB-C9-E5-4818-9-EC6-A002-D007-F3-F1

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 8:36am

What do you reckon we’d call a public servant who consciously undermined any other President’s ability to perform the role he was democratically elected to do ?

I don’t think it’d be “ resistance “ . I think seditious traitor would be thrown around.

I’m not talking about the desk thing either.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 8:52am

"seditious traitor"?
Ha Ha.
Have you got on the piss early blowin, or been at it all night?

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 9:35am

You do know the president is not elected to lead like a dictator or a king don't you Blowin?

I don't doubt that you'd throw round terms like seditious traitor, I think we all know the level of contempt and hatred you hold for those you dislike.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 9:56am

I know that public officials who strive to hamper the effective functionality of a government are guilty of sedition.

There’s ways , means and avenues for public servants to make their opinions known but there’s no scope for them to actively undermine the workings of government because they disagree with the result of a democratic election. No pretty way to say that , JQ.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 10:28am

Wow, so much hatred for an unknown alleged "seditious traitor" who may or may not have arranged a small desk for trump.
But when an orange lunatic clearly loses an election, refuses to admit defeat, and tries to cling to power via baseless conspiracy theories, blowin says nothing.
Hey blowin, you are one seriously weird dude.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 11:04am

Righto Blowin, by that definition, surely, Trumps actions in undermining the integrity of their countries election whilst the leader of the country surely counts as sedition.

Must be why all those public officials were charged with sedition then right?

Obstructing Trumps 'leadership' and 'actively undermine the workings of government' are most assuredly not one and same. That venn diagram really doesn't have a great deal of overlap.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 11:11am

OK ....forget the hyperbole of sedition and just call it as much a rejection of democracy as anything Trump did. Only they’ve been doing it since 2017 .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Part_of_the_Resistance_Inside_the_Tru...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 11:23am

Oh FFS blowin, you really have lost the plot.
2 weeks ago Trump was planning to bomb Iran and his advises stepped up and said that wouldn't be a good idea.
Given your current train of thought, you'd have a problem with the advisers who were "rejecting democracy" not the bloke who wanted to go to war in the dying days of his destructive presidency.
Just because someone gets elected doesn't mean laws don't apply to them. The book "Anonymous" that you linked to, clearly outlines how Trump's thought bubbles were impractical, impossible and often illegal. His staff spent a great deal of time trying to protect Trump from himself. The author actually believed in much of Trump's agenda and wanted to see the bits that weren't illegal implemented.
If you are going to put up links, at least read the book so you don't make a fool of yourself.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 11:34am

You think a President listening to his advisers and a public servant willfully and unlawfully contradicting and disobeying the behest of their democratically elected superior is the same thing ?

Sure.

“ If you’d read the book .....”. Lol. You missed the penultimate opportunity to employ your favourite word when discussing that author bloke.....grifter !

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 11:37am

"grifter" blowin, you fucking idiot.
If you did read the book, you'd know the author didn't make a cent from it. He clearly explains how all the money made from book sales was donated to charities that promote democratic principles in the USA.
You really are a dopey fucker.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 11:55am

VL do you have some sort of alarm on your computer that goes off very time Blowin posts a comment? Have you ever thought he’s baiting you coz if he is man you gobble it up like your other buddy here info

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 11:57am

I particularly like the way he bookends every post with an insult.

That’s special. I really think he is special. If you know what I mean.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 12:31pm

Guy, I think there's an app you can get. It's called "Talk shit with Blowin'". It's free on ITunes.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 6:28pm

What can I say, exposing blowin's absolute bullshit has become a bit of a hobby. I just couldn't resist when he pointed to a book he hasn't read, which was the complete opposite of the point he was trying to make.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 7:07pm

For Christ’s sake can’t you put up a single post without carrying on like an absolute freak ?

Give it a rest.

Here’s a tip : It’s possible to disagree with someone without carrying on like an utter flog. You don’t have to attack someone every time you strike a key on your computer. Figure it out .

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 6:55pm

blowin, you posted a link to an author claiming the guy was part of some grand plan by public servants to undermine Trump.
I've read the book (twice) and there's absolutely nothing in it to support your bizarre theory. The author was part of the administration so he was hired by the Trump team.
Just own it mate.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 7:14pm

Vic you said this the other day:

"there's a shit load of fair-weather greenies out there who ... only have concerns about the environment if it means they can attack immigrants."

Speaking of exposing bullshit, are you going to back this up or can we put in the total unsubstantiated garbage pile where it belongs.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 7:20pm

Here’s a little taste of what it’s like to read your posts for a single day and this is from less than a handful of contributions :

“Have you got on the piss early blowin, or been at it all night?”

“Hey blowin, you are one seriously weird dude.”

“Oh FFS blowin, you really have lost the plot.”

“ at least read the book so you don’t look like a fool “

" blowin, you fucking idiot.“

“You really are a dopey fucker.”

OK ....I get it , you disagree . FFS mate just ease up on the dickhead peddle. I understand you’re a slightly built older guy who has probably spent their entire life being ignored or bullied but this is not how you go about redeeming your self esteem. Go reread your posts in context and realise how much you carry on . Chilled Saturday morning and you’ve gone full Fox Terrier .

Sort your shirt out.

Just try for ONCE to have an opinion which isn’t adorned with needless insults . Christ it’s boring.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 7:27pm

blowin, you're most welcome to a different opinion unless of course its based on racism, fake stats, or just made up bullshit.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 7:38pm

You’re not welcome to talk like trash if it’s not reciprocated or enticed.

Pull your head in.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 7:47pm

You want to call out made up bullshit then start here :

"there's a shit load of fair-weather greenies out there who ... only have concerns about the environment if it means they can attack immigrants."

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 7:46pm

hypocrisy
Pronunciation /hɪˈpɒkrɪsi/

The practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

Origin
Middle English from Old French ypocrisie, via ecclesiastical Latin, from Greek hupokrisis ‘acting of a theatrical part’, from hupokrinesthai ‘play a part, pretend’, from hupo ‘under’ + krinein ‘decide, judge’.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 28 Nov 2020 at 7:56pm

AndyM you have asked very nicely quite a few times now, and it's pretty cringeworthy how obvious it is that VL is straight up ignoring you.
If it was anyone else you'd just shrug it off but when the man in question states things such as
"you're most welcome to a different opinion unless of course its based on racism, fake stats, or just made up bullshit." well then you want to see him follow through on what he preaches.
Man up Vic and reply ya big pussy, in the spirit of Iron Mike fighting again tomorrow, I think Andy might have you on the ropes here.