The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 4:49pm

More than 50% of the people getting tested in Iowa have Covid.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 4:51pm

Far out. What did we get - 1%, 3% at max?

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 4:54pm

Poor bastards.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 4:55pm

And it's at this point because Trump and his admin have been complicit in the directions regarding not needing a face mask, social distancing, trying to contain outbreaks.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 5:01pm

Changed tack after exporting it to all points of the globe after locking down domestically.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 5:22pm

Hey blowin, given that Ross River fever has spread around the Western Pacific are you cool with completely blaming Australia for the spread? Maybe Australia should compensate those other nations?

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 5:36pm

Craig, don't forget downplaying the severity of every aspect of this virus for political gain. The level of contempt for both the office and the American people that this displays is really something.

A virtual foot note compared to the refusal to concede a lost election and instead eroding trust in the most important aspects of their democracy, again for political gain.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 5:49pm

Yep for sure!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 6:29pm

I'm adding barmpot to my list of insults!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 7:55pm

Bampot! Yer radge cunt!

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 9:17pm

A somewhat grumpy yet honest review of the Trumpernator.

"After 4 years of what-the-fuck-has-he-done-now, 46,123 tweets and 20,000 documented lies while in office to 9th July 2020 he’s been reduced to pathetic whimperings from his puckered-sphincter pout, playing his invisible accordion to an audience of gormless dullards, fellow hucksters and his retinue of fawning toadies, thralls, invertebrate lickspittles and hangers-on whose fealty is demanded but never reciprocated and who had neither the self-respect nor the courage to call out the capture of the US by an amoral, moronic lunatic."

And some...

https://theaimn.com/downfall-bunker-boy-starts-his-run-for-the-big-house...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 9:25pm

Facto how about republishing that list of insults you gleefully gave us sometime ago, by the way you flaming idjit it can be spelt either way ... :)

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 9:43pm

When Covid first appeared and started to make it's presence felt I read if the US let it run it's course without doing much in terms of control they would be looking at 3 mil plus deaths.They have a long way to go.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 10:15pm

Re: barmpot

When my father studied his profession in Newcastle Upon Tyne, he picked up a copy of 'Larn Yessel Geordie" which was a hilarious translation dictionary/indispensable reference, and taught phrases such as "Rinnie's cooped 'er cree" (Grandmother has fallen over). Having been on the Brown Ale with local friends there, the more the pints flowed the less I could understand anything being said.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 10:18pm

VJ. I had the pleasure of meeting my mate's Cornish grandparents on their farm. They spoke English (apparently) and I didn't understand a single word they said.
Old Cornish greeting is "or right ma special loverrrr."

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 10:41pm

All this hoo ha about Trump doing nothing while in office!! Well....he did 'build the wall!!'. Ok, so he added an extra 15 miles to the old one. Well actually, it's more of a fence kinda thingy but no worries.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46824649

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020 at 11:49pm

No one swears like the Scots, Guy.

Having said that, I've found just one English-speaking accent hard to penetrate on my travels: Geordie.

Reet!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 12:17am

Knew you were going to say Geordie before I read it.

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 1:03am

Guy smiley all good, be on standby to correct me back.

You were mostly correct... The fact remains that for most of Obama’s presidency the Republicans shot down any legislation he tried to pass based on partisan competition, representing their voters apparently... not very convincing when they obstruct literally almost every Bill. I really hope they can leave that behind them considering the need for swift and unified action to deal with Covid related issues.

The Republicans have a chance now for a positive re-branding, You are right about the huge problem of Trumps Covid negligence reflecting badly on the GOP and so it should. It raises serious questions about how seriously they (the Republican Party) take/took their duty of care for their constituents. But the election came right at the perfect time to dodge that bullet IMO. I have said it before I think losing this election was a win for the Republican Party overall.

Now that pressure will shift to Biden and the DNC who will hopefully have a better crack at it. Hopefully they don’t spend too much time blaming Trump for the situation they inherited, as tempting as it will be. And hopefully they don’t get blocked at every step by the GOP in the senate. Time will tell. Hopefully.

That said Biden’s actions and remarks regarding Covid during its early days are hardly encouraging, but he has some data now to guide him - that isn’t from the Chinese Communist Party, and he doesn’t seem prone to believing conspiracy theories, which helps.

That stat from Iowa is frightening >50% positive results, Jesus. Trump will probably claim testing was faulty, or that it indicates the virus is not as deadly as first thought and try to use that to justify his negligence. Needs action now though, not in late Jan. If there is one western country where big chunks of the population will not accept a strict lockdown without resistance though, it’s the states IMO. More good news for the good folks of the US.

Fingers crossed for a SAFE vaccine.

And Pops I am not sure what legislation that Obama administration passed during their brief senate super majority, See if I can figure it out. That article from Canada is very interesting, the rise of populism continues in Canada now, tempted to write another long waffling post Ha ha.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 8:24am

Hah, Andy, you know!

I include 'culchie' Irish in the mix, even poteen swilling travellers, yet the Geordies get the lollies for mine. Funny as fuck too, of course.

Actually Vic, that 'my luverrrr' brought back some memories of that corner of the isle. Imagine that getting busted out down under! Funny, never heard it from a young 'un, but that may just be me!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 8:58am

My Cornish mate said "Nan just asked you if you wanted a cup of tea and called you her special luverrr"
Cornish people are awesome.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 9:08am

Yep the Cornish are good value. Nothing like being greeted with 'yaal rite my cock' by the 80+ year old lady that ran the local shop when buying some bread.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 9:10am

Being called 'me andsome' always made me laugh as well.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 9:11am

Never did work out what was regarded as a friendlier greeting in Cornwall. Getting call special loverrr or a cock? either way it were always friendly in the West Country with lots of people on trackers.

dawnperiscope's picture
dawnperiscope's picture
dawnperiscope Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 9:27am

How's this regarding the relative containment of the virus in Louisiana. Makes me wonder about the general thought processes over there. If it is actually, "unclear" as they say, then hope must be exponentially approaching zero.

"While it is unclear how the state has largely bucked the national trend upwards, adherence to mask-wearing, social distancing guidelines and warmer autumn temperatures have been put forward as potential factors."

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 10:10am

West Country was awesome, Cornwall truly great as well. I'd surf, then head to the pub with only the old fellows watching Aus vs England in the cricket, the discussions and accents were so good; they enjoyed having a young Aussie in their to spice up the sharp comments at (mostly their own) players. Would go back there in a flash, many relatives in the West Country. Local surfers also said no/very few GWS which was a bonus. I was surprised at how easily they'd paddle their beachies at 6ft+, lifesavers too.
North Devon, dined in after a surf, sent a pic of a fantastic 3.50 pounds salad & pint to my bro, he sent one back of a really sad Karratha $17.50 salad half filling a small chinese takeaway plastic container lol
Also Tassie farmers will greet you "Old Cock,"

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 10:11am

Apparently the further you go up that east coast from Geordieland into Scotland, the stranger and stranger the dialects/accents get, too.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 11:56am

Glaswegians can be hard to understand and as funny as buggery to boot.

Cornwall is gorgeous- my Grandfather 18 generations removed supposedly founded a little village called St. Cleer. He rebuilt the church there (which still stands) in the 1250's as a gift to his wife the heiress of Rosecraddoc. He was an English Knight called Ingelram de Bray and prior to that our ancestors came across from Normandy purportedly with William the Bastard around 1066 of course. It's cool to see my family tree weave its way all the way back from me to him.

Anyway, Cornwall is beautiful, I took my wife there a few years back. A good mate owns a little beach cafe at St. Agnes. Pretty reasonable surf in the area too.

Btw, regards above, I don't reckon warmer weather has much bearing on covid. We had our second wave late spring when it warmed up and now winter is coming and looks like we're about to enter our third.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 10:45am

that Glaswegian accent is the only one that stumps me.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 at 11:37am

Best wave in England on that Geordie side, just quietly.

AND that is saying something. Believe it or not.

Fucking nippy, but.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 6:48am

Posted without comment.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:21am

Posted without comment.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:20am

Hahahahahahaha. Gold.

Jeez, I wonder if there's a Swellnet equivalent of those three Trumpsters out there?

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 12:36pm

Comments under the tweet - looks like it’s a comedian doing satire. Hilarious, just don’t take it at face value as being *actual* Trumpsters.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 12:44pm

And Geezus wept....

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 1:01pm

Geraldo is a comedian?

Well, actually...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 1:15pm

A Covid vaccine called Trump...and a hair dye called Giuliani!

Winning!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 2:01pm

“Trump is a genius that’s what the J stands for .... “ yokels

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 2:10pm

hahahaha. The hair dye. Classic!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 2:10pm

Jeez . I just read the comments after that vid and there’s a heap defending the pizza worker who lied and sent the entirety of a state into house arrest .

The poor bloke who’d rather freeze the lives of millions of people and compromise the contract tracing efforts than fess up to being a cash worker.

Send that fucker to gaol.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 4:27pm

Ms told me the bloke is up for visa expiry in December, too.
>renew
>don't renew

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 4:30pm

Good Sir Knight Zen, the family name might be traced back to one of William's knights here too. As Monty Python said "What are you French doing in England?" / "None of your business!"

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 4:47pm

Ha! Don't worry VJ, that noble blood is well and truly diluted by now, and some.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 6:50pm

haha ditto I'm sure :)

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:41pm

Would Kill Pizza Bar is spoilt for choice with replacement [757] uber liars...
US proud boy's job interview even flew over Scomo's head...FIFO Sunday & Monday!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:51pm

"Using dead people for votes was a grave mistake"

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 22 Nov 2020 at 12:00am

thanx indo ... Dead set makes a lot of sense.

From Rudy's BDO : "Do you know what a Provisional Ballot is!"
People walked in to vote...did they forget they already cast an Absentee Ballot....

"I'm here to Vote! You've already voted...I did! I don't remember voting?"
You already cast an Absentee Ballot-no I didn't-yes you did-no I didn't-yes you did.

Why did it happen. did they forget, are there that many people with bad memories.

Or is the following correct ...
"As witnesses will "testify" that they were instructed by Democrats bosses.."

Or...
Maybe they just turned on the TV and followed their corrupt President's advice.

Trump: "If you have an Absentee Ballot..you send it in early then go & vote!"
"It's very important!"

So I guess Rudy is sending Trump to jail...(Wot a fucking dumbass Mobster!)
Did they forget! Were there that many Republicans with bad memories...

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Sunday, 22 Nov 2020 at 2:00am

JP is a total champion

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 22 Nov 2020 at 2:39am

Attitude. Ya got some fucking attitude.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 22 Nov 2020 at 2:46am

A question for the Trumpsters.