The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 2:15pm

well trained pavlov dogs...

the next few years are make or break for reality... and commensurately society...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 3:25pm

This is a fact. Think about that for a second.

Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 3:34pm

“Justice must not only be done, but must also be seen to be done"...or some horseshit. I dunno...

https://god.dailydot.com/rittenhouse-judges-ringtone-trump/?fbclid=IwAR2...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 3:45pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

“Justice must not only be done, but must also be seen to be done"...or some horseshit. I dunno...

https://god.dailydot.com/rittenhouse-judges-ringtone-trump/?fbclid=IwAR2...

So an American judge who has a ring tone which is a famous patriotic song in the states is obviously biased because the song was used at a Trump rally?

FFS….lucky then that the entire trial is being broadcast live and any fucking idiot can see that the case is being decided on its merit- which includes the person who got shot admitting he was attacking the defendant with a loaded pistol pointed at the defendant’s face- so that there is no possibility of any farcical claim of a rigged trial.

Fucks sake Facto…..you’d rather continue your lying to protect a dead convicted paedophile who threatened to kill people than just admit you were fed lies by your pet media?

Or maybe you’ve just got a soft spot for aggressively violent paedophiles?

Either way….you’re scum bloke.

The salient point from your comment… you don’t know.

Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 3:45pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 3:47pm

Having your own Remembrance Day for the aggressively violent paedophile who was “wrongfully” shot when he tried to kill Rittenhouse Facto?

Big day for you Bloke!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 3:52pm

40 seconds in Facto…..that’s your boy!

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6281382129001#sp=show-clips

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:14pm

"Fucks sake Facto…..you’d rather continue your lying to protect a dead convicted paedophile who threatened to kill people than just admit you were fed lies by your pet media?"

yep, scary...

when your team (or is it just winning?) ...is more important than any truth, justice or reality...

when did politics become so brutal?

i know media has always been full of shit and propaganda... but we're deep into some scary territory now...

where winning at any cost is all important

'whatever it takes'

said the conservatives...

once said...

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:19pm

Oh Blumpkin!
There really is nothing you can be shown or told…the evidence. The harsh reality of reality. You’re too far gone mate….keep swallowing.
Or…
Give us another meme!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:28pm

Facto won’t care that the judge was appointed by a Democrat.. Thats just another fact for him to ignore.

What’s wrong with Blumpkin? Why is he so desperate to glorify the death of an aggressively violent paedophile that he is prepared to lie through his teeth to get his kiddie molesting mate over the line?

Strange that Facto loves to think he’s anti establishment, yet here he is lying to besmirch the name of a fella who had to defend himself against a murderous paedophile just so the Facto can bolster the corporate media’s lies? Truly strange.

It shows how the establishment has inverted the idea of liberal so that all the brain dead wankers now think that anything the corporate media spouts is Huey’s Truth.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:28pm

From the cross examination

"Binger: You intentionally used deadly force against Joseph Rosenbaum, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes.

Binger: You intentionally use deadly force against the man who came and tried to kick you in the face, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes.

Binger: You intentionally use deadly force against Anthony Huber, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes.

Binger: You intentionally use deadly force against Gaige Grosskreutz, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes.

Binger: With regard to Joseph Rosenbaum, you fired four shots at him, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes."

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:34pm
blindboy wrote:

From the cross examination

"Binger: You intentionally used deadly force against Joseph Rosenbaum, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes.

Binger: You intentionally use deadly force against the man who came and tried to kick you in the face, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes.

Binger: You intentionally use deadly force against Anthony Huber, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes.

Binger: You intentionally use deadly force against Gaige Grosskreutz, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes.

Binger: With regard to Joseph Rosenbaum, you fired four shots at him, correct?

Rittenhouse: Yes."

What? Now Blindboy is trying to cherry pick a transcript to defend a murderous child molester?

What the fuck is wrong with this world and you people? It can’t even be ideological. It’s as though you e simply picked a side and will defend it to the death even if it means lying, willfully denying the obvious facts and literally defending a murderous convicted child rapist!!!!!!!

WTF?

Blindboy….I’m saying it again - You’re either the stupidest fucker who ever drew a breath or you are plain evil. I’m betting on the former but only cause I haven’t completely lost faith in humanity altogether just yet.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:34pm

I haven't paid any attention to this case.

What are the basic facts?

It's in court now, so I assume these are known.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:51pm

Freeride- The facts are that this kid was walking around a riot when a few of the rioters came up and threatened him. A convicted paedophile said he was going to kill him. The young fella ran and was chased by rioters and had objects thrown at him amd threats of violence shouted at him as he tried to get away. The convicted paedophile caught him and kicked fuck,out of him. Then he tried to grab the rifle off the boy and got shot and killed.

The boy then went to find police cause he was fearful for his life and tell them what happened. Other rioters started chasing him and threatening his life. Shots were fired at the boy. The rioters caught him again. They beat him down and one dude tried to brain him wth a skate board as a weapon- he got shot and killed - and another rioters pulled a gun at the boy who was still on the ground and got his bicep blown off.

The crew who got shot were a convicted paedophile, a convicted burglar and a convicted wife bashed. All were white. Joe Biden then called the boy a white supremacist on TV and the corporate media called him a domestic terrorist.

It’s fucked up.

The trial was overseen by a democrat appointed judge and the entire thing broadcast live. There was 30 witnesses amd multiple video shots amd it all confirmed everything the boy said. Even the surviving attacker confessed and admitted he was pointing the gun at the boy’s head.

Even worse was the FBI confiscated some of the most Impactful footage for the defence and hid it whilst the media made this boy out to be a murderer and a white supremacist. The whole thing is dodgy. Thank Christ the court case is so visibly clean.

The US is fucked up and brain dead flogs like BB and Facto are determined to import the US establishment’s poison into our country wholesale.

Watch this….a few minutes amd you’ll know the lot
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6281382129001#sp=show-clips

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:50pm

it'll only gain me ridicule... but tucker carlson lays it all out pretty well freeride...

and... withholding phone data, in a 'never seen before manner' should ring all sorts of alarm bells...

should...

I'd say on this particular case, self defence was just conceded and admitted... by the prosecutor's own star witness!

the vid (and prosecotor's reaction) is gold

https://mobile.twitter.com/thevivafrei/status/1457774701673996298

pretty cut and dry

the rest seems still murky, but...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 4:54pm

Tucker Carlson is pretty good. Any adult with half a brain can feel when he over eggs shit but the truth speaks for itself.

He shows up fools pretty damn well.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:02pm
sypkan wrote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thevivafrei/status/1457774701673996298

funny, running commentary of the trial

looks like game over... looking at the prosecuters reaction especially...

all that coaching... all that curating...

be interesting to see what happens from here

The prosecutors reaction is gold.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:03pm
Blowin wrote:

Tucker Carlson is pretty good. Any adult with half a brain can feel when he over eggs shit but the truth speaks for itself.

He shows up fools pretty damn well.

Did he over egg it when he started banging on about "the great replacement" like all the other white supremacists in the USA?

And does he over egg it when he argues that the January 6 insurrection was a “false flag” orchestrated by the federal government to impugn conservatives.

The guy is a nutter, and a very dangerous one at that. He encourages and excuses violent right wing domestic terrorists. That's probably why you like him so much blowin you complete tin foil hat wearing barmpot.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:05pm

OK.
did we get a reason why the kid is there with a semi-automatic rifle in the first place?

was he protecting a pal's business or just being a tough guy?

Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:06pm

Hahahahahaha. FFS.

Triggered on Kool Aid or what, good ol' boys?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:09pm
freeride76 wrote:

OK.
did we get a reason why the kid is there with a semi-automatic rifle in the first place?

was he protecting a pal's business or just being a tough guy?

He was a proud young American who watched his nation being burned in violent riots and went to lend assistance to business owners. I’m not sure if he knew any of them? He was a life guard and he had his medical kit with him.

None of that is bad or evil. He was not violent. He was attacked by violent criminals and defended himself. He is victim of politics.

It’s not something I’d do but I can understand why a young bloke would do what he did.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:12pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Hahahahahaha. FFS.

Triggered on Kool Aid or what, good ol' boys?

Look at this fuckwit. Paedophile lover. No wonder half the South West thinks he’s a fucken gronk. The other half just haven’t met him yet.

Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:11pm

Oh dear...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:15pm

"He is victim of politics."
You idiot blowin. This would have to be one of the stupidest things you've ever said.And it's up against some pretty stiff competition.
I hated Howard with a passion when he was PM and was thrilled when he lost his seat, but I honestly thank the turd for bringing in strong gun laws in Australia. Thanks god we don't have people like you being able to buy military style weapons like Shittenhouse did in the USA.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:16pm
Vic Local wrote:

Did he over egg it when he started banging on about "the great replacement" like all the other white supremacists in the USA?

And does he over egg it when he argues that the January 6 insurrection was a “false flag” orchestrated by the federal government to impugn conservatives.

The guy is a nutter, and a very dangerous one at that. He encourages and excuses violent right wing domestic terrorists. That's probably why you like him so much blowin you complete tin foil hat wearing barmpot.

Spot on here Vic, although I forget exactly what a barmpot is.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:18pm
Vic Local wrote:

"He is victim of politics."
You idiot blowin. This would have to be one of the stupidest things you've ever said.And it's up against some pretty stiff competition.
I hated Howard with a passion when he was PM and was thrilled when he lost his seat, but I honestly thank the turd for bringing in strong gun laws in Australia. Thanks god we don't have people like you being able to buy military style weapons like Shittenhouse did in the USA.

I hate guns too …..but It’s lucky that Rittenhouse had his gun or else that evil paedophile would have killed him as would the other murderous thugs who thankfully got shot dead or had their arms blown off. The corporate media was right….the evening was mostly peaceful!

Vic Local would have offered to suck his way out of the situation!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:18pm

Oh and by the way blowin, calling people "paedophile lover" when all they do is criticise violent right wing extremism is straight out of the cooked right wing playbook.
It's like you've been on meth and 8Chan for 48 hours straight.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:25pm

If someone wants to contradict facts established in a court of law just so they can defend a dead violently aggressive paedophile then they are pretty open about their love fo4 the paedophile.

Isn’t it funny how the dumb cunts like Vic Local don’t miss a beat when they bald faced lie and say ‘ that it’s “ criticising violent right wing extremism” when referring to an open court case where it’s been legally established that there was no “violent right wing extremism” ? These clowns just love the way it rolls off their tongue and so the fact that it’s completely untrue has no bearing on the matter.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:26pm
Blowin wrote:

If someone wants to contradict facts established in a court of law just so they can defend a dead violently aggressive paedophile then they are pretty open about their love fo4 the paedophile.

Isn’t it funny how the dumb cunts like Vic Local don’t miss a beat when they bald faced lie and say ‘ that it’s “ criticising violent right wing extremism” when referring to an open court case where it’s been legally established that there was no “violent right wing extremism” ? These clowns just love the way it rolls off their tongue and so the fact that it’s completely untrue has no baring on the matter.

Oh boy, pot kettle - overload.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:28pm
Blowin wrote:

If someone wants to contradict facts established in a court of law just so they can defend a dead violently aggressive paedophile then they are pretty open about their love fo4 the paedophile.

Who again defended the person who was shot? Who again defended his past? Nobody and nobody.
The case isn't about the person who got shot, it's about the actions of the shooter. The dead bloke isn't on trial champ except in the more deranged parts of alt-right media sphere.
I get the feeling you are more unhinged than normal blowin. Perhaps it's time for a surf and re-set. I'm sure the swellnet folk aren't too keen on you calling a bunch of their regular posters pedo-lovers. They must be getting pretty tired of your rubbish by now.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:30pm

The trial hinges on the self defence of the accused. The actions of the dead paedophile are the central pillar to the court case….fuck you’re dense.

OK….here comes the proper dumb cunts. The just boring dumb cunts. At least Blind boy has the whole “demented old man angry at infidels vibe” …these blokes are beige dumb cunts.

I’m out.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:30pm
Vic Local wrote:

Who again defended the person who was shot? Who again defended his past? Nobody and nobody.
The case isn't about the person who got shot, it's about the actions of the shooter. The dead bloke isn't on trial champ except in the more deranged parts of alt-right media sphere.
I get the feeling you are more unhinged than normal blowin. Perhaps it's time for a surf and re-set. I'm sure the swellnet folk aren't too keen on you calling a bunch of their regular posters pedo-lovers. They must be getting pretty tired of your rubbish by now.

This is a classic strawman from Blowin, if wanted to he could criticise the posts without resorting to this ridiculous strawman. Never one for a half measure though.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:31pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Oh dear...

Oh dear, oh dear...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:32pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Hahahahahaha. FFS.

Triggered on Kool Aid or what, good ol' boys?

irs pretty clear who's actually triggered...

those being irrational and trying to tear people down instead of engaging in the issue

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:34pm

"This is a classic strawman from Blowin, if wanted to he could criticise the posts without resorting to this ridiculous strawman. Never one for a half measure though."
But far right gronks have two main tactics in a debate. 1. Straw-manning and 2. Calling their critics peadophiles or pedo lovers. Fuck me that's getting old. Stu. Craig and Ben. How much longer are you going to tolerate this type of crap on your forums?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:40pm

""He is victim of politics."
You idiot blowin. This would have to be one of the stupidest things you've ever said.And it's up against some pretty stiff competition.
I hated Howard with a passion when he was PM and was thrilled when he lost his seat, but I honestly thank the turd for bringing in strong gun laws in Australia. Thanks god we don't have people like you being able to buy military style weapons like Shittenhouse did in the USA."

you are the idiot

Im sure we all appreciate howard's gun laws...

but none of that changes the reality in the US

it is what it is...

and this guy is plain as day... 'a victim of politics'

right from the get go, with the media portrayal and all the white supremacist bullshit

he was doomed from the start

but it seems his opposition is so guilty even the usual media industrial complex government wide bullshit campaign can't save their case...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:39pm

Vic Local….You think you’re going to come out constantly labelling people as racist drug addict white supremacist …..and then try to whine to Swellnet about other people saying mean things?

Fucking deranged…..

Worse….whiny soft cock deranged.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:46pm

"Isn’t it funny how the dumb cunts like Vic Local don’t miss a beat when they bald faced lie and say ‘ that it’s “ criticising violent right wing extremism” when referring to an open court case where it’s been legally established that there was no “violent right wing extremism” ? These clowns just love the way it rolls off their tongue and so the fact that it’s completely untrue has no bearing on the matter."

it's all in the training... the conditioning...

totally reactionary, void of thought, facts or truth just do not matter...

just a dog and his pavlova bell

Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:53pm

"Look at this fuckwit. Paedophile lover."

"Vic Local would have offered to suck his way out of the situation!"

"Stu. Craig and Ben. How much longer are you going to tolerate this type of crap on your forums?"

Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson's picture
Constance B Gibson Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 5:56pm

Stunet:

"Before anyone asks, I'm gonna leave _ _ _ __ _ _ comments up.

I'm hoping everyone can see how ill-informed and undeserving of attention they are.

EDIT: He's been commenting for a few years, so kinda hoping everyone's attuned to his idiocy."

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 6:20pm
sypkan wrote:

it's all in the training... the conditioning...

totally reactionary, void of thought, facts or truth just do not matter...

just a dog and his pavlova bell

Are we talking about your take on the Russia investigation? I must have missed the change of topic.

Mind you, pavlova is pretty awesome, I'd hope we can all agree on that.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 6:37pm

I do love pavlova, my second favourite desert... maybe third...

not sure how that relates to russia though... the pavlova or the pavlov... my position has changed as 'the evidence' has changed...

and boy has it changed!

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 7:00pm

I was referring to the fact that you continually refer to the whole thing as a 'hoax' when any objective, reasonable interpretation of the facts completely excludes that conclusion. My insinuation being that you are essentially regurgitating the conservative media position on the matter verbatim, purely because they attack those you perceive as enemies.

ie: You have been trained to jump at anything that attacks those you dislike, regardless of the available facts.

For some clarity, you could refer back to my post in this very thread several weeks ago on the matter.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 7:32pm
freeride76 wrote:

OK.
did we get a reason why the kid is there with a semi-automatic rifle in the first place?

was he protecting a pal's business or just being a tough guy?

Helping protect a business this one in article.

But they still burnt it to the ground 2.5 million in damages

"On each of the next two nights, however, rioters set fire to cars in his lot. Khindri said the first night of mayhem caused $1.5 million in damages to the business; the second night finished off the rest of the cars, adding up to a total of $2.5 million in estimated damage costs.

"I don't think they had any political issues with our lot, our location," Khindri said. "The only problem is we were right by the courthouse."

"The police authorities, they let them out into the city and the first thing they found out is, 'there's a dealership here, let's burn it to the ground.'"

Khindri said he was hopeful at first the dealership's insurance provider would cover the damages. Instead, he said they entirely rejected the claim.

"They don't cover the riots. This is domestic terrorism, don't cover it," said Khindri. "I'm screwed. I'm bankrupt."

https://www.wkow.com/archive/owner-of-burnt-kenosha-car-lot-says-riots-c...

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 7:42pm

Does this concept carry any weight in this case?

“Contributory negligence. 8.1 In relation to claims for negligently-caused personal injury and death, contributory negligence is failure by a person (typically the plaintiff) to take reasonable care for his or her own safety, which contributes to the harm the person suffers.“

By choosing to a. Travel to Kenosha from out of state b. Carry a firearm against the laws of the state and c. Place himself directly in harm’s way, did Kyle R create the circumstances that lead to him shooting those people? If he hasn’t done a, b or c then there would be no trial.

You could argue the flip side too. Just a thought.

upnorth's picture
upnorth's picture
upnorth Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 8:02pm

Not a Tump fan, imo he did more harm than good. Some feel that is reason enough to get him out of office by any means and he certainly was the gift that kept giving for detractors while President. But the Russian thing stinks and if true that there is a trail back to Clinton, the hypocrisy is off the scale.

"For most of the time that Donald Trump occupied the White House, his presidency was framed by the claim that he and his campaign team had colluded with Russia to fix his election. This was promulgated unceasingly by most of the mainstream media. For outlets such as The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC and the rest, the only question was how soon this scandal would see Trump rightly ejected from the Oval Office.

A dossier produced by the former British spy Christopher Steele served up “evidence” of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, and made salacious claims that Trump had cavorted with prostitutes in a Moscow hotel. This dossier prompted an FBI investigation of the Trump campaign that triggered an inquiry by special counsel Robert Mueller. Even when this found no evidence of a Trump conspiracy with Russia, none of those who had disseminated this false claim saw fit to inquire how it had been made.

Some people smelt a rat from the start. A number of commentators and Republican members of Congress viewed these baroque accusations as nothing other than a Democratic Party dirty trick which was being used by sympathetic elements in law enforcement and other administration circles to lever Trump out of office.

If true, this was one of the greatest political scandals in American history. Those making this claim, however, were deemed “right wing” and “Trump enablers”, and so could be disregarded by the media and associated legions of Trump foes.

Now, however, it looks as if these objectors were right all along. Special counsel John Durham, who was appointed in 2019 by the former US attorney-general William Barr to investigate the origins of the FBI’s probe, has started issuing indictments which may cause the whole story finally to implode.

The narrative web is tangled but the essence is this. During the 2016 presidential election, Steele was hired by the “opposition-research” firm Fusion GPS to dig up dirt about Trump. Fusion GPS was retained by the Washington-based law firm Perkins Coie on behalf of the Democratic National Committee.

Last week Igor Danchenko, a Russian citizen who worked at the Brookings Institution think tank in Washington, was arrested and charged with lying to the FBI. Danchenko, who had extensive ties to senior Russian officials, was the main source for Steele’s dossier whose claims have turned out to be fantasy.

Durham’s indictment claims that Danchenko’s repeated lies deprived the FBI of crucial information. More explosively, the Russian is said to have hidden the extent to which he was working with Charles Dolan, a Democratic Party public relations executive with ties to Hillary Clinton.

Dolan is revealed to have been behind several of the claims about Trump that Danchenko fed to Steele. A lawyer from Perkins Coie, Michael Sussman, has also been indicted. So there was indeed a Russian collusion plot — but it involved not an attempt by Trump to destroy Clinton, but an attempt by Clinton to destroy Trump.

John Ratcliffe, the former director of national intelligence, says he found no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, but that he saw in intelligence documents “there was collusion involving the Clinton campaign and Russians to create a dossier”. Yet the mainstream media (with the exception of The Wall Street Journal) played an essential role in pumping up the false story while refusing to acknowledge the true one. Driven by wild fury that Trump had been elected, the media threw journalistic ethics to the winds as they tried to help bring him down.

So how will these outlets handle the fact that they are now also in the frame for colluding with an attempted coup? So far, reaction to the Durham indictments has been distinctly muted.

In May The New York Times, apparently aware that exposure of a “media debacle” now loomed, ran a piece by Barry Meier acknowledging coyly that many of the claims in the Steele dossier “have never materialised or have been proved false”. Meier managed to report the “troubling story” that “reporters and private investigators long have had a symbiotic relationship that is hidden from the public” — without actually acknowledging that his own paper had used precisely such a relationship to aid an attempted coup against a sitting president.

As for The Washington Post, its observation a few days ago that Durham’s allegations “cast new uncertainty on some past reporting on the dossier by news organisations, including The Washington Post” surely deserves to win the understatement of the year award.

This scandal has a long way to run. As The Wall Street Journal comments, while the indictments treat the FBI as the duped party, “the record shows former FBI director James Comey and his investigators knew from the summer of 2016 that Clinton campaign fingerprints were all over the dossier”.

Throughout the Trump years, anti-Trumpers kept up a barrage of overwrought accusations that the president was undermining western civilisation. These so-called tribunes of democracy never acknowledged what was obvious to some of us from the start — that whatever one might think of Trump, the onslaught upon him looked like a plot by state and political actors to sabotage an elected president through character assassination.

Soon after Trump was elected, The Washington Post added beneath its masthead the pointed strapline: “Democracy dies in darkness”. Yes it does — and it’s the media that turned out the lights."

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 8:06pm
Blowin wrote:

Vic Local….You think you’re going to come out constantly labelling people as racist drug addict white supremacist …..and then try to whine to Swellnet about other people saying mean things?

Fucking deranged…..
.

No blowin, I just call you a racist because you clap and cheer Hanson / Trump / and Tucker "great replacement" Carson. I call you a racist because you endlessly bag immigrants, make up statistics about immigration, and blame them for everything in your shitty little life. And I call you a racist because you want South Koreans to be rounded up for immediate deportation.
And apparently you don't like that because you actually think you're not racist. Hey champ, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, IT'S A FUCKING DUCK no matter what you call it.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 11 Nov 2021 at 8:19pm

Upnorth, not completely true there. The dossier did not trigger the investigation, it was certainly part of the brief, but by no means the majority of it and the investigation would've proceeded without it.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/dossier-not-what-started-all-of-this/

upnorth's picture
upnorth's picture
upnorth Friday, 12 Nov 2021 at 12:33am

Fair enough JQ

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Nov 2021 at 7:19am
etarip wrote:

Does this concept carry any weight in this case?

“Contributory negligence. 8.1 In relation to claims for negligently-caused personal injury and death, contributory negligence is failure by a person (typically the plaintiff) to take reasonable care for his or her own safety, which contributes to the harm the person suffers.“

By choosing to a. Travel to Kenosha from out of state b. Carry a firearm against the laws of the state and c. Place himself directly in harm’s way, did Kyle R create the circumstances that lead to him shooting those people? If he hasn’t done a, b or c then there would be no trial.

You could argue the flip side too. Just a thought.

You’ve just said “ If she A/ hadn’t been wearing that short skirt , B/ hadn’t been out after dark and C/ hadn’t been on her own she wouldn’t have gotten raped and murdered.”

Thats your flip side. That’s your thought.