COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:10am

The deafening silence from the media around the historical convoy of trucks protesting mandates in Canada and USA is disturbing. And very telling.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:14am

Deafening silence?

It's a massive mainstream story in Canada.

You think there is an intentional cover-up?

For what purpose?

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:16am

You tube is censoring it. So is google. Why would they?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:17am
freeride76 wrote:

Deafening silence?

It's a massive mainstream story in Canada.

You think there is an intentional cover-up?

For what purpose?

IMO freeride if this HUGE rally was for any other reason it would be covered heavily internationally.

Yet it’s not. Why?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:24am
Michael Adam wrote:

You tube is censoring it. So is google. Why would they?

It's all over Google.
And You tube.

I just looked.

Pages and pages of media stories and items from all over the world.

This is tin foil hat stuff mate.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:39am
Michael Adam wrote:

You tube is censoring it. So is google. Why would they?

You tell me...why would they censor it?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:39am
freeride76 wrote:

This is tin foil hat stuff mate.

Par for the course of this thread!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:43am
Roadkill wrote:
Michael Adam wrote:

You tube is censoring it. So is google. Why would they?

You tell me...why would they censor it?

I don’t know if they are censoring or not, but I wouldn’t be surprised if live feeds are being taken down, accounts suspended. It’s not a conspiracy theory that that is happening with all platforms.

If I were to take a wild guess, I would say it’s the same real reason Djokovic was deported. As they believe it will insight anti vaccine rally’s etc etc

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:49am

Ah.. yep. You guys are right. There is no censoring or selective coverage going on here at all. ABC and SBS are either unaware it is happening at all or just don’t see it as newsworthy. News.com reckon there is no clicks in it for them so yep. I could go on but yes I must be cray cray. Carry on. Boost on.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:50am

Hey Burleigh, not having a go.

Open up You-tube and search Canadian trucking convoy.

It's everywhere on You-tube.

Here's the first cab off the rank from Canadian MSM.
Straight down the line reporting.

Tell me what you think?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:50am

Gotta wonder!
Congrats to Oz day winner.
Recall last year's winner rolled a few boulders & put lipstick on the bull in the China Shop.
This year we seemed to have solved the shortfall in NDIS almost overnight...well almost?
Despite 2 years of delayed care the disabled dump NDIS & are well enough to take everyone's jobs.

Just saying that many more...not less obstacles have blocked the disabled from re-entering Work Places.
Many disabled are isolating with no outpatient services & Vax compliance assist has long been denied!

eg: 500,000 Aussies can't read a Covid Test & many will likely lose their jobs because of mandates.
Experts haven't given a Rats as to designing a RAT for the Visually Impaired.

Are Australians of the Year simply Panacea Supermodels to take the heat off next year's Hot Potato.
Firstly, tbb salutes our Aussies that made the grade & this is simply an all too obvious observation.

2020 Dr James Muecke AM : "Treats Blindness as a Human Rights Issue."
It was then made impossible for a Blind person to opt out of My Health submission.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/mar/26/blind-and-low-vis...
Next the Blind were exploited by Covid safe apps > The Jab > Now it's the RATs.
ALL Covid Vax "Eligibility Checkers & Vax Clinic Finders & Covid Tests lock out the Blind."
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/mar/26/blind-and-low-vis...
Now Oz Govt hands out free RATs to the blind, who can't read the Results....(Suffer Australia Day!)
As far as tbb knows...some blind Aussies are petitioning the Govt as elsewhere in other VIP kingdoms.
That is of course if any blind are still alive and not yet beaten to death by VIP upstart Bully Bratz!

2021 Grace Tame : Raises awareness on Oz rape & is aware that Rape is up 43% on this time last year!
https://www.9news.com.au/national/queensland-crime-sexual-assaults-robbe...

2022 Dylan Alcott OAM : (Media Version!) "Meaningful Jobz for Disabled!" Heard this 1m x yesterday!

Can Unvaxed disabled Aussies throw unused unseen NDIS dependence in the bin?
Can Work Sites adopt rapid VIP compliant assistance for evermore disabling daily Covid Mandates?
Disabled are denied civic job ready inclusion with increased entry requirements...we all see that in abled!
(Sorry Mate!) Should've deployed yer VIP Covid mandate compliance Mass Legal Team yesterday!
(Boss says : "Rules are Rules!") Computer says [ No! You're not remotely One of Us & never will be! ]

Ever denied & abused by Med Experts, lacking trust, cancels all...even paid appointments & scripts!
For 1m fellow disabled Aussies...these lockdowns & essential outings are best ever monthly lifestyle.

Qld Premier : "We're bringing in Covid thru Vaxed VIPs, virus will hunt you down, all will get Covid!
...Limit where you go & avoid crowds!"
Yes! I know! It's Mass Murder & it's all the Rage! Wotcha gonna do about it! Hopefully it's just a Fad!

Reality Check : Fully Vaxed Fully abled seniors now need exemptions to leave the House! All Hail Vax!
Just how the hell do ya flick the switch to get disabled exemptions to comply where VIPs currently fail?

tbb will share Tang Space Food Stix recipe + How to sticky tape DIY Hepa filters onto yer sarcophagus.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:53am

Firstly, I don't think it was under reported....just because it's of interest to you doesn't mean you represent the wider community.

But mainly, press do have ethical standards about reporting certain stories. I'd say this whole escapade frequently crosses the line between ethical and unethical reporting.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:56am

Hey Longtom can you find any aerial footage showing the full scale of the protest?

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 10:57am

There's tons of shit going on around the world that our media don't report. Doesn't mean it's a cover-up. Or a conspiracy. Maybe the news outlets here don't think it's worthy of a story, because no one here except for the anti.... crew really gives a shit. Personally I couldn't care less about a truck protest in Canada.
And if google is in on it, try typing in "canada truck protest" into google search. There is over 57 million results. Some cover-up hey

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:00am
freeride76 wrote:

Hey Burleigh, not having a go.

Open up You-tube and search Canadian trucking convoy.

It's everywhere on You-tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLI5Wannf_M

Here's the first cab off the rank from Canadian MSM.
Straight down the line reporting.

Tell me what you think?

Thanks Freeride. To me it seems to be an underreporting.
From what i understand it's 50,000 trucks? Fox news reporting the convoy is 70km long and 500,000+ people heading to Ottowa

Some people calling it a Guinness world record?

Happy to be proven wrong.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:03am
Michael Adam wrote:

Ah.. yep. You guys are right. There is no censoring or selective coverage going on here at all. ABC and SBS are either unaware it is happening at all or just don’t see it as newsworthy. News.com reckon there is no clicks in it for them so yep. I could go on but yes I must be cray cray. Carry on. Boost on.

you avoided answering..

Why do you think youtube, google are censoring the story?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:07am
burleigh wrote:
freeride76 wrote:

Hey Burleigh, not having a go.

Open up You-tube and search Canadian trucking convoy.

It's everywhere on You-tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLI5Wannf_M

Here's the first cab off the rank from Canadian MSM.
Straight down the line reporting.

Tell me what you think?

Thanks Freeride. To me it seems to be an underreporting.
From what i understand it's 50,000 trucks? Fox news reporting the convoy is 70km long and 500,000+ people heading to Ottowa

Some people calling it a Guinness world record?

Happy to be proven wrong.

There is no censoring.

Basically, outside of Canada it's a non event. It was reported, got some coverage..move on. No one gives a fuck.

Do you think Canada reported Melbourne protests? Did Canadians think the Melbourne protests were censored? (the conspiracy theorists did). Melbourne protests got covered outside of AUS..then nothing. a non story for anyone else.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:10am
Michael Adam wrote:

Hey Longtom can you find any aerial footage showing the full scale of the protest?

Took 2 seconds to find a livestream of the protest.

here ya go.

Awesome media blackout and censorship.

When you refuse to acknowledge reality your statements start to lack credibility.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:13am

Wow, just listened to QLD CHO and for full transparency he wanted to let everyone know that the deaths reported are from people who recently had tested positive to Covid (he didn't define recent)
He also added it doesn't mean that Covid caused their death.

Wake up people.

Here is the link. Rewind back to when he begins to speak.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:21am
Michael Adam wrote:

Hey Longtom can you find any aerial footage showing the full scale of the protest?

Wonder if there's anything in Google & Youtube's algorithms which 'show you what you want to see', and in this case, you want to see censorship? So it's not coming up for you?

Is that too crazy of a thought?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:30am

.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:48am

I couldn’t find anything about the truckers on abc, 10/9/7, smh or bbc.
Neither could I find anything on there about Sweden not approving Covid vaccines for 5-11yo’s.
I think they are both pertinent stories that are relevant to us here in Australia but that’s just my opinion

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 12:03pm

'it's all over youtube'

Going by your rationale for designating something as being 'all over youtube', so are videos about buttock implants and cats.

Does this mean I should therefore start devoting my every waking moment to the principles that - I by some convoluted process involving a chemical imbalance and a serious staff shortage where working braincells are concerned - understand them to espouse?

and tylerduren - your opinion is of no consequence, just like those fucking ridiculous canadian trucking videos.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 12:10pm
tylerdurden wrote:

I couldn’t find anything about the truckers on abc, 10/9/7, smh or bbc.
Neither could I find anything on there about Sweden not approving Covid vaccines for 5-11yo’s.
I think they are both pertinent stories that are relevant to us here in Australia but that’s just my opinion

Stories are pertinant when based off your bias....or anyones bias.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 12:20pm

The complexity of where are at is mind boggling. I find it hard to believe that anyone is staunchly black and white anymore...I sure am not.

This lady's personal situation cuts through to the core for me as you can feel the emotion within each para. How many others like her? She mentions 100s of thousands who are just as fearful for their lives as her (across Aus).

Fucked if I'd want to be in any ones shoes who's calling the political shots Atm:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/why-im-relieved-the-wa-bor...

"If the last two years have taught us anything, isn’t it that health is a privilege? And that it can be taken away at random, at any given time?" - pretty spot on and relevant to the past two days of posts on other forums.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 12:20pm

Absolutely.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 12:35pm
Ben Harding wrote:

The complexity of where are at is mind boggling. I find it hard to believe that anyone is staunchly black and white anymore...I sure am not.

This lady's personal situation cuts through to the core for me as you can feel the emotion within each para. How many others like her? She mentions 100s of thousands who are just as fearful for their lives as her (across Aus).

Fucked if I'd want to be in any ones shoes who's calling the political shots Atm:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/why-im-relieved-the-wa-bor...

"If the last two years have taught us anything, isn’t it that health is a privilege? And that it can be taken away at random, at any given time?" - pretty spot on and relevant to the past two days of posts on other forums.

"Yet, we seem happy to treat people with “underlying health conditions” as collateral damage, in our race to get back to normal."

Most people like burliegh, who parrot on food is medicine, eat healthy etc etc, say so from a position of good health and selfishness and zero empathy, ignorance and not quite able to grasp the fact that many in the community don't have health, through no fault of their own.
Great article to post, Ben Harding.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 12:49pm
Roadkill wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

I couldn’t find anything about the truckers on abc, 10/9/7, smh or bbc.
Neither could I find anything on there about Sweden not approving Covid vaccines for 5-11yo’s.
I think they are both pertinent stories that are relevant to us here in Australia but that’s just my opinion

Stories are pertinant when based off your bias....or anyones bias.

Huh? I looked up those websites on a computer I’ve never used before. No algorithms selectively putting up stories that might interest me.
When others on here have said the trucker convoy is all over mainstream media it certainly is not on the front page of any of those websites, nor is the story that an industrialised country has not approved vaccines for 5-11yo’s

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 12:54pm

It's all over mainstream media in the countries concerned, which disproves the "media blackout/censorship" hypothesis, unless you want to argue that Australia is uniquely going it alone in censoring information.

Which would already have been comprehensively disproved by previous MSM coverage of other anti-mandate protests in US and Europe, as well as the ones in Melbourne.

Do you have any other evidence which would support the media black-out/censorship hypothesis?

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 12:57pm

"Hey honey, what are you up to today?"

"Oh, I'm gonna spend it making sure there's enough news coverage for my liking of some truckies in Canada, and if there isn't, my word the lads down on the swellnet forums are gonna hear allll about it".

"Sounds like a great use of your time love."

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:09pm

No evidence Freeride apart from if you did not visit this forum would you have heard about possibly the biggest truck protest in history?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:13pm

Apart from the fact that it is all over social media and everyone now is connected to 5/10/50 people who will be madly posting that shitt all day long, then no.

And apart from the fact it's all over You-tube, the largest video sharing site on the internet, no.

Apart from that, no, I'd say the censorship has been a wild success.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:22pm

Too much coffee this morning Freeride?

So does that mean the major new sites are dead and buried? If everyone gets their info via social media what’s the point of those sites even existing?

They still provide a very large chunk of societies information whether you like to acknowledge it or not, and none of them are reporting it.
They may think it’s not newsworthy but then they post articles like this which they obviously think are:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw-records-13-333-covid-19-cases-and-35...

https://www.9news.com.au/world/shark-news-why-unprovoked-attacks-increas...

https://www.9news.com.au/world/shark-news-why-unprovoked-attacks-increas...

Lead stories on the first 3 I clicked on

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:23pm

@Ben Harding

"Fucked if I'd want to be in any ones shoes who's calling the political shots Atm:"

Absolutely. You can't win.

One thing for sure is the stakes either way are very, very high.

People who call any of our state premiers 'control freaks' or 'madmen' or whatever, are simply only showing their own personal biases and inability to consider the grander scheme of things.

Scumbags figureheads who outspoken and berate our leaders for not folding over and opening up because of freedumb! should be remembered for their contributions to history.

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:25pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:25pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:25pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:25pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:26pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:26pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:26pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:26pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:26pm
aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:26pm
san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:34pm
freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:45pm
tylerdurden wrote:

So does that mean the major new sites are dead and buried? If everyone gets their info via social media what’s the point of those sites even existing?

Thats an extremely important question I reckon.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:47pm

No doubt the vaccines reduce severity of illness and transmission.
However, all cause mortality and excess deaths perhaps are more important in the overall picture SanGuine.
I think in time that will be the overall standard by which a country’s strategy will be judged

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:50pm
tylerdurden wrote:

No doubt the vaccines reduce severity of illness and transmission.
However, all cause mortality and excess deaths perhaps are more important in the overall picture SanGuine.
I think in time that will be the overall standard by which a country’s strategy will be judged

Surely you’re joking about the transmission part.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 1:53pm
tylerdurden wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

I couldn’t find anything about the truckers on abc, 10/9/7, smh or bbc.
Neither could I find anything on there about Sweden not approving Covid vaccines for 5-11yo’s.
I think they are both pertinent stories that are relevant to us here in Australia but that’s just my opinion

Stories are pertinant when based off your bias....or anyones bias.

Huh? I looked up those websites on a computer I’ve never used before. No algorithms selectively putting up stories that might interest me.
When others on here have said the trucker convoy is all over mainstream media it certainly is not on the front page of any of those websites, nor is the story that an industrialised country has not approved vaccines for 5-11yo’s

Sweden not approving vaccines for 5-11yo is not that big a deal in Aus. It had been reported locally. Now it is old news.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 2:00pm

Burleigh...that’s what they’re saying!
I guess if you’re greater than 3 months last dose all effects are starting to wear off.
Fair enough Roadkill, in less than 24 hours it’s old news