COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 9:16am
Stok wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Cheers Blowie. Had our differences on here, but a new found respect for you and your stand for what's right. Cheers GSCO and crew. Good to see the cream rise to the top. And yep Goofy! haha. I think i've made my point for now. ;-)

Made your point?

I was genuinely concerned for your well-being with the tyrade of childish insults and straight out confusing posts.

Actually glad to see you are OK.

But seriously - LOL - the shit you posted yesterday was like an insight to the insanity the anti vax crew all have as their underlying foundations of their ideas. Dark, repressed, frightened and fanciful thoughts. 80% of the world are dumb c*nts! Hahahah.

The embarrassing thing is you applaud Blowin for his stand for what's right.....you really are long gone mate. No one is trying to get you, no one is trying to do anything other than what will actually provide the best overall outcome for all of us. Sure, there'd be some carnts capitalising off this debacle, on both sides, but the government and experts who advise them are actually not out to get you - and you want to fight them?

Coming from hermit kingdom WA, it does make sense that you're more scared of the injection than the virus, but all around the world, the virus has ripped through populations. The 100k reactions to the jab compared to the 48M doses given in Aus would pale in comparison to the damage this virus would do unchecked in an unvaxxed population. It's horrible what happened to your friend, but it doesn't make you right, and everyone else wrong.

From this:

"Actually glad to see you are OK"

To this:

...But seriously - LOL - the shit you posted yesterday was like an insight to the insanity the anti vax crew all have as their underlying foundations of their ideas. Dark, repressed, frightened and fanciful thoughts. 80% of the world are dumb c*nts! Hahahah."

“....you really are long gone mate”

You are just as insane, if not more, than the crew you denigrate on the hour it now appears, Stok.

In all my time reading online forums you are the first and only one to come out and say that you're an "academic…in a different field". Why? And in this thread of all threads. To somehow qualify your opinion and perspective as something worth paying attention to and accepting? It's had the opposite effect, the microscope is heavily on you now and you have come up short across most measures IMO. Particularly common sense. You would be surprised how many crew are tertiary educated too mate, it's not the 90s anymore. You have some ok points here and there, but I think you need to change gears; maybe up to 3rd. Sorry mate but you look really foolish. Did you mention what field your doctorate was in? I am very curious to know now. If this is the discourse of contemporary academia, then I really wonder if it’s beneficial for anyone out there to pursue postgraduate studies.

As GSCO said, everyone can learn from everyone on forums such as these. Swinging dicks really don’t last long, as you are finding out. The only reason your education is being attacked is because of you and your ego.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 9:17am

Spot on Ben

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 9:36am
bluediamond wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

BTW, the Slater thread got discontinued i think, due to the obvious deterioration of comments, but is it at all possible to re post Blowin's comments on it re Slater SN crew?? One of the best post's i've ever read on SN and i know alot agree with me.

That was a good comment, i was actually thinking the same thing before i even read it.

At times you can think Kelly is a bit nutty with his diet and thoughts, but it's 100% worked for him, nobody every thought it would be possible to compete at his age, when Occy won his tittle at 30 that was old to be on the tour.

The young guys surf better than him obviously but he is still by far the best surfer for his age in the world and super fit, health and flexible.

Agree it was a very good post from Blowin with some good points.

Yeah that's the one Indo. It's baffling that folk can't understand that Slater sits on a perch waaaaay above most of us, as far as humans encountered on his world wide journeys, waves ridden, experiences lived and amount of people he knows. Cultures, sheer geography of space he's covered... Doesn't make him holier than though, he's got his faults no doubt, like we all do, but to completely ignore the fact the threads of his life lived are alot more diverse and deeper and integrated deeply with other humans, compared to the average human is ridiculous. Doesn't make him better or worse....just more experienced and someone definitely worth listening to!
Also, good on you for your integrity and staying true to your beliefs on this thread. You're post's are always level headed and non emotive (unlike my own!!) Again, butted heads with you many times....at times pretty gnarly, but nothing but respect for keeping a completely open mind and re evaluating things as they develop. Cheers.

Cheers BD, I'm sure we will butt heads in the future on other topics too, but its really not important we don't have to all agree on everything.

For me it's not all that important how we disagree on things, it more important how people interact when they aren't disagreeing if that makes sense.

I just think on this whole topic peoples choices to be vaccinated or not aren't really important to anyone else, i find it weird how others can hate on someone and often passionately too, just because someone doesn't want to get vaccinated or has different beliefs about the safety or effects of the vaccine.

Even the idea of vaccine mandates just seem pointless and divisive, maybe there is an argument that unvaccinated international arrivals could take up an Aussie hospital bed or ventilator, but really for the most part even this is unrealistic, like does anyone really think someone like Kelly or that Tennis player guy is going to get so sick and he ends up in hospital, its extremely unlikely.

If there was an argument for not allowing someone in because they are unvaccinated and they could take up a hospital bed, then it's only going to be for high risk groups, which maybe should be judged on a case by case basis for travellers over a certain age group for example.. so travellers over a certain age unvaccinated would have to arrive with a letter from doctor guaranteeing they are of a decent health. (for other visas like when my Indo inlays came they actually had to get a full medical for similar reasons so its not unrealistic)

BTW. If the vaccine actually prevented community transmission then my views would probably be different as it wouldn't be just about the individual but the whole community, but IF and thats a big IF they do prevent any person person to transmission its clearly pretty close to irrelevant.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 9:58am
Ben Harding wrote:

In all my time reading online forums you are the first and only one to come out and say that you're an "academic…in a different field". Why? And in this thread of all threads. To somehow qualify your opinion and perspective as something worth paying attention to and accepting? It's had the opposite effect, the microscope is heavily on you now and you have come up short across most measures IMO. Particularly common sense. You would be surprised how many crew are tertiary educated too mate, it's not the 90s anymore. You have some ok points here and there, but I think you need to change gears; maybe up to 3rd. Sorry mate but you look really foolish. Did you mention what field your doctorate was in? I am very curious to know now. If this is the discourse of contemporary academia, then I really wonder if it’s beneficial for anyone out there to pursue postgraduate studies.

As GSCO said, everyone can learn from everyone on forums such as these. Swinging dicks really don’t last long, as you are finding out. The only reason your education is being attacked is because of you and your ego.

Pretty simple stuff Ben, throughout my education and career I've developed a healthy level of respect for people who devote their lives into the research and development of scientific ideas. This forum, and many others like it, are a slap in the face to these people. Posters here are challenging these ideas, using a variety of sources, some of which are straight out right wing propaganda/conspiracy stuff (yes, some of it's better). Now, I don't know anyone's background here, but to me if the majority on here were tertiary educated, and continuing to work in their qualified field, they should have an appreciation of the difference between an expert in the field, and a grifter/commentator who's taking no accountability of what they're saying.

I can't really remember why i said it, but I'm pretty sure it was to push home this point. Why did I post it here? Because this pandemic has been a shit show of misinformation, and I enjoy this website for it's surf content.

All I can say is, I feel like I barely muttered the words 'I'm an academic', severall posts ago, and it's like blood to the hounds. The tall poppy syndrome is strong here ;)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:12am

I think you assessment is unfair Stok from what ive seen here most of the links here seem to be too other academic's who just have different opinions on things.

The source of Covid, changing face of Covid and variants, Vaccines etc

Its all just constantly changing and academics are constantly throwing shit at the wall and some sticks and ends up being true others bits dont, and then some of the things that were true also change to not become true with different variants etc

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:19am

Don’t question me, I’ve got an education……. And a massive fucking chip on my shoulder

I feel sorry for you mate, you’re superiority complex because you went to uni is bringing you down champ.

You’re not special, and your shit still stinks like the rest of us.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:23am

The answer is on the horizon Indo.
If it’s deemed that the 2nd booster (4th shot) is not required then in a few months time just about everyone will be “unvaccinated” or whatever you want to call it.
At that point I’m guessing someone who is 3 months (maybe 6?) post booster is exactly the same risk as someone who has had no vaccines at all.
Not sure if that’s how it works but seems like that to me

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:24am

You still have defences against serious illness outcomes, at least that seems to be the evidence presented by the Bloke Supafreak put up.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:30am
Stok wrote:
Ben Harding wrote:

In all my time reading online forums you are the first and only one to come out and say that you're an "academic…in a different field". Why? And in this thread of all threads. To somehow qualify your opinion and perspective as something worth paying attention to and accepting? It's had the opposite effect, the microscope is heavily on you now and you have come up short across most measures IMO. Particularly common sense. You would be surprised how many crew are tertiary educated too mate, it's not the 90s anymore. You have some ok points here and there, but I think you need to change gears; maybe up to 3rd. Sorry mate but you look really foolish. Did you mention what field your doctorate was in? I am very curious to know now. If this is the discourse of contemporary academia, then I really wonder if it’s beneficial for anyone out there to pursue postgraduate studies.

As GSCO said, everyone can learn from everyone on forums such as these. Swinging dicks really don’t last long, as you are finding out. The only reason your education is being attacked is because of you and your ego.

Pretty simple stuff Ben, throughout my education and career I've developed a healthy level of respect for people who devote their lives into the research and development of scientific ideas. This forum, and many others like it, are a slap in the face to these people. Posters here are challenging these ideas, using a variety of sources, some of which are straight out right wing propaganda/conspiracy stuff (yes, some of it's better). Now, I don't know anyone's background here, but to me if the majority on here were tertiary educated, and continuing to work in their qualified field, they should have an appreciation of the difference between an expert in the field, and a grifter/commentator who's taking no accountability of what they're saying.

I can't really remember why i said it, but I'm pretty sure it was to push home this point. Why did I post it here? Because this pandemic has been a shit show of misinformation, and I enjoy this website for it's surf content.

All I can say is, I feel like I barely muttered the words 'I'm an academic', severall posts ago, and it's like blood to the hounds. The tall poppy syndrome is strong here ;)

“throughout my education and career I've developed a healthy level of respect for people who devote their lives into the research and development of scientific ideas.”

That is a very questionable statement on your behalf. The evidence suggests (your posts) you do not have a healthy level of respect for those very same medical professionals whose well earned perspectives aren't in alignment with the government's status quo or how you want things to be.

Countless hyperlinks, articles, video analysis, podcasts, interviews, scientific journals, medical journals, essentially every medium you can think of, have been posted by all on this forum, yet you yourself are unable to appreciate the “difference between an expert in the field and some grifter/commentator”.

Tall poppy eh? Again with your ego…

Let’s dissect this:

"tall poppy syndrome
in British English
NOUN
Australian informal

a tendency to disparage any person who has achieved great prominence or wealth"

or,

"Tall poppy syndrome describes aspects of a culture where people of high status are resented, attacked, cut down or criticised because their achievements make them stand out from their peers."

Do you categorise yourself as one of these people of great prominence, wealth, and status who has achieved highly and that regularly endures the above mentioned hardships from the plebian class :)

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:27am

And Stok seems to be presenting the mainstream medical evidence/advice in good faith to me.

You might not agree with it, but the level of personal abuse being directed at him seems unjustified to me.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:34am
Blowin wrote:

There is NO genuine medical or scientific reason he should be required to be injected with a toxic substance, which provides no significant benefit, whilst also posing potential health risks.

.......

Even medical experts state that vaccine mandates are not justified.

Just wanted to point of these two gems, to highlight why this thread needs to be called out.

I'm not going to try to defend or argue anything here, just highlight that we have people who believe the vaccine is a risky, toxic substance which provides no benefit.

Regarding the mandates, I will say this. I don't want them, but I recognise why we need them. Oh, and medical experts may not be the best people to ask re. mandates - it's more of an issue of sociology.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:41am

@Ben, thanks for googling tall poppy syndrome for me ;) Trust me, I don't think I'm a person of prominence. What I was referring to is the hunger of the mob to find someone who appears to be that person - then attack them. In this case, unjustifiably!

@Indo - maybe you're right.

@FR - Yes!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:42am

IMO as soon as it was beyond clear that vaccinated were spreading the virus at alarming rates all work mandates should have been dropped. Especially in health where there are clear staff shortages.

My kids school has lost 6 teachers. It just makes no sense. If the vaccine stopped transmission then ok, i get it. But that is not the case,

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:45am

The question is how long does the effect of the vaccines last post booster?
We’ll find out soon.
If there’s no 2nd booster (4th dose) then the vaccinated will be equal to the unvaccinated at some point, the question is how long

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:01am
indo-dreaming wrote:

I think you assessment is unfair Stok from what ive seen here most of the links here seem to be too other academic's who just have different opinions on things.

The source of Covid, changing face of Covid and variants, Vaccines etc

Its all just constantly changing and academics are constantly throwing shit at the wall and some sticks and ends up being true others bits dont, and then some of the things that were true also change to not become true with different variants etc

exactly indo, the informatiin is changing so quick, governments (and academics) cannot keep up, as we have seen...

some people clearly need to accept that....

most people on here post repuetable links, they are just not to stok's flavour (incredibly bland flavour that it is). Yes a few you tube vids are thrown in, but as many have pointed out, the cdc, and faucci and his band of the terribly compromised etc. are all on youtube too!

yes the very few true 'antivax' crew on here post some dubious sources - but tbh, they do themselves no good, and they just confirm, the whole requirement to produce good sources

your problem stok, is exactly the same as dr dicvocal and blindman, you attack the poster, you attack the person, you attack the source, you attack the politics.... rather than engaging in the content... the whole youtube thing is just you guy's lame-arse attempts to deplatform people... very 20 something mean girls uni like behaviour... but seriously stok.... you should be above that...

or maybe my appraisal of contemporary uni culture is wrong, and this mean girl cancel culture bullshit isn't the result of deans and establishments over catering to their spoilt brat 'clients'.... but it's actually the institutions insulating themselves and their interests.... either way it's pathetic... time to grow up...

ben is right, you are stuck in first or second gear mate... 2020 narrative at best... ffs you still think 'the great reset' and the 'lab leak theory' are conspiracies...

you are either terribly ignorant, terribly biased, or a pathetic little 'don't give those ideas oxygen' mean girl who cannot handle her world view being challenged...

the 'academic' in you gets bagged not as 'anti-intellectualism' or 'tall poppy syndrome'... but because you are a such bloody typical example of the very compromised contemporary uni system... and government in general...

where often it is only the 'compliant and servile' that get advancement in the system... that's not my words, but camille paglia, a life long academic and 'real' lefty... take it up with her...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:53am
tylerdurden wrote:

The question is how long does the effect of the vaccines last post booster?
We’ll find out soon.
If there’s no 2nd booster (4th dose) then the vaccinated will be equal to the unvaccinated at some point, the question is how long

There will 100% be a fourth dose. It’s already happening.

Australia has purchased enough to jab citizens 8 x over

Get off the train, that’s the only way to stop this madness

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:59am
freeride76 wrote:

And Stok seems to be presenting the mainstream medical evidence/advice in good faith to me.

You might not agree with it, but the level of personal abuse being directed at him seems unjustified to me.

By the same people who have complained about the personal abuse.

hypocrites

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:03am

Probably right Burleigh although I think some Israeli scientists are saying there’s not much benefit

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:03am

Back in the real world the ball and chain dragged me down to the the clinic last week to do the right thing for society and ourselves and get Pfizer boosted. She had a sore arm next day I had no side effects. A bloke at work had covid over xmas (double jabbed but heavy smoker in his 40's), worst week of his life couldn't get up and shat the bed. Luckily he had 400 rolls of dunny paper in the shed.
Anyone who says its just a sniffle should try saying it to the families of the millions who have died and see what happens.
Imagine what would be happening in nursing homes if not for the vaccines. Oh I forgot some of you sick bastards cant wait any longer to inherit a house that you can't afford on cetrelink benefits.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:04am

Neil Young removes all of his music from Spotify due to the platform hosting Joe Rogan spreading covid misinformation:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-27/spotify-removing-neil-young-music...

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:12am
sypkan wrote:

your problem stok, is exactly the same as dr dicvocal and blindman, you attack the poster, you attack the person, you attack the source, you attack the politics.... rather than engaging in the content...

I'll pay that - because I do that. Less so attacking the poster (or not at all? Well maybe Burleigh! ), more so attacking the source and political edge to the content.

I honestly don't have the time or effort to cross check every link which gets posted here, kudos to you guys if you do! Honestly!

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:12am
burleigh wrote:

IMO as soon as it was beyond clear that vaccinated were spreading the virus at alarming rates all work mandates should have been dropped. Especially in health where there are clear staff shortages.

My kids school has lost 6 teachers. It just makes no sense. If the vaccine stopped transmission then ok, i get it. But that is not the case,

Burleigh, you're on another planet. Flat out refusing to believe that the vaccine significantly reduces chances of hospitalisation and death, which is actually much more significant than transmission alone.

The more people vaccinated - the less pressure on hospitals.

Of course, if you listen to Reignite Democracy Australia you may feel otherwise I guess.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:48am
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

There is NO genuine medical or scientific reason he should be required to be injected with a toxic substance, which provides no significant benefit, whilst also posing potential health risks.

.......

Even medical experts state that vaccine mandates are not justified.

Just wanted to point of these two gems, to highlight why this thread needs to be called out.

I'm not going to try to defend or argue anything here, just highlight that we have people who believe the vaccine is a risky, toxic substance which provides no benefit.

Regarding the mandates, I will say this. I don't want them, but I recognise why we need them. Oh, and medical experts may not be the best people to ask re. mandates - it's more of an issue of sociology.

The thing is, even the medical evidence supports my opinion but you refuse to acknowledge this because of your ideological beliefs.

For instance, I said that for someone such as BD, a healthy surfer mid-late 30’s ( I imagine) , there is no significant benefit to be gained from vaccination. You hold this as evidence of rubbish being spread as misinformation.

So tell me Stok , what do you think is the absolute risk to BD , in percentage terms, if he catches covid whilst unvaccinated compared to his absolute risk as a percentage if he was double vaccinated ( 3 months ago for the example)

You should provide two percentage risk ratings to illustrate how great the benefits of vaccination for our example.

Example : Risk of severe illness / hospitalisation for a vaccinated healthy male aged 35 = ?

Risk of severe illness/ hospitalisation for an unvaccinated healthy male aged 35 = ?

Same with death rates.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:56am
gragagan wrote:

Neil Young removes all of his music from Spotify due to the platform hosting Joe Rogan spreading covid misinformation:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-27/spotify-removing-neil-young-music...

Haha, good luck Neil Young. Rogan would bring in MILLIONS more than you.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:57am
Stok wrote:
burleigh wrote:

IMO as soon as it was beyond clear that vaccinated were spreading the virus at alarming rates all work mandates should have been dropped. Especially in health where there are clear staff shortages.

My kids school has lost 6 teachers. It just makes no sense. If the vaccine stopped transmission then ok, i get it. But that is not the case,

Burleigh, you're on another planet. Flat out refusing to believe that the vaccine significantly reduces chances of hospitalisation and death, which is actually much more significant than transmission alone.

The more people vaccinated - the less pressure on hospitals.

Of course, if you listen to Reignite Democracy Australia you may feel otherwise I guess.

So you’re saying the mandates are just a punishment then?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:12pm
tylerdurden wrote:

The question is how long does the effect of the vaccines last post booster?
We’ll find out soon.
If there’s no 2nd booster (4th dose) then the vaccinated will be equal to the unvaccinated at some point, the question is how long

They do already know, it boost you to about 70% effectiveness but after 3 months you are down to 50% effectiveness, then 4 months down to 40% etc (from memory the 4th boost you higher again though like 90% but im only going off my memory here)

Plenty of recent articles on it here's one https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/01/19/1071809356/covid-bo...

Plus if you get Covid you are getting a natural booster.

To be honest the only time i think i will bother getting a booster is three weeks out from an Indo trip , so im at peak immunity when there as the last thing i want is to be sick in Indo, it aligns with winter too so has a benefit back in Australia too.

Or if another more deadly strain pops up.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:31pm
burleigh wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Neil Young removes all of his music from Spotify due to the platform hosting Joe Rogan spreading covid misinformation:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-27/spotify-removing-neil-young-music...

Haha, good luck Neil Young. Rogan would bring in MILLIONS more than you.

This one’s for Burleigh:

And this is for everybody who’s over it:

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:34pm

How about we start a thread in which you only provide commentary on covid through a song? Might be more interesting than the merry-go-round that this thread has become.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:41pm
overthefalls wrote:

How about we start a thread in which you only provide commentary on covid through a song? Might be more interesting than the merry-go-round that this thread has become.

First up on the playlist-

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:46pm

FDA Asks the Court to Delay First 55,000 Page Production Until May and Pfizer Moves to Intervene in the Lawsuit. https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda-asks-the-court-to-delay-first?justP... Are they trying to stall the process ? Maybe they believe it’s not that important , transparency builds trust .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:49pm

well that went well...

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/neil-youngs-joe-rogan-ultima...

not even being sarcastic... for some of us...

like me, who absolutely love neil young

but think he's having a big hissy fit meets seniors moment

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:52pm

Not everyone is happy with boosters and mandates .

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 1:09pm

Spotify are crooks, and pay artists LESS THAN ONE CENT each stream. Use bandcamp. It's way more artist friendly.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 1:06pm
Supafreak wrote:

Not everyone is happy with boosters and mandates .

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 1:08pm
Hiccups wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Not everyone is happy with boosters and mandates .

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Glad I could help you

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm
sypkan wrote:

well that went well...

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/neil-youngs-joe-rogan-ultima...

not even being sarcastic... for some of us...

like me, who absolutely love neil young

but think he's having a big hissy fit meets seniors moment

none of that. He did the intelligent and morally right thing. Any idiot that gives that Rogan clown any credibility whatsoever needs their head read.

tonys-shirtfront's picture
tonys-shirtfront's picture
tonys-shirtfront Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 1:18pm

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 1:25pm
Supafreak wrote:

Not everyone is happy with boosters and mandates . https://youtu.be/ArYtup2o_qU

Supa.....that is a pure one sided opinion piece from a savvy, loudmouth commentator/journalist or whatever she is.

She's obviously riding the wave of vaccine hesitance/anti vax sentiments, riding it all the way to the bank.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 1:30pm
burleigh wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Neil Young removes all of his music from Spotify due to the platform hosting Joe Rogan spreading covid misinformation:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-27/spotify-removing-neil-young-music...

Haha, good luck Neil Young. Rogan would bring in MILLIONS more than you.

Firstly, I enjoy some of Rogan's podcasts and his guests.
However, I reckon Neil Young will be listened too well into the future long after Joe has faded into obscurity....

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 1:38pm

ok stok... less bullshit and skirting issues...

are you ok with lining up for 3 monthly boosters?

you ok with it mandated for certain employees?

...even though politicians have no such mandates...

you don't think 3 -4 monthly boosters seems a bit impracticle / expensive /1st world indulgant / terribly desperate?

it comes across as terribly desperate to me, with shitty politicians of all stripes grasping at it as the answer to all their problems...

whilst 'the evidemce' suggests it is anything but...

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:06pm
Stok wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Not everyone is happy with boosters and mandates . https://youtu.be/ArYtup2o_qU

Supa.....that is a pure one sided opinion piece from a savvy, loudmouth commentator/journalist or whatever she is.

She's obviously riding the wave of vaccine hesitance/anti vax sentiments, riding it all the way to the bank.

Let's be honest, you didn't watch the video did you? I'll be honest, I only did as your comment seemed like a throwaway one-liner that did not match the headline… and I have the time today.

Video recap:

The first 6:30mins (of 10ms) are her literally reporting on the trucking convoy and vaccine mandate protests that are currently ongoing in canada; she mentions that hardly any major mainstream news networks are reporting the issue (blackout); she cites joint statement from the canadian government and trucking alliance; she however does find a quote and cites from MSM (toronto sun, don't know much about them); she further cites the canadian trucking associations response; she displays the gofundme page that has been set up to raise funds for the convoy ($6m); she also cites Trudeau's tweet in support of the truckers last year and reports on his chosen approach this year.

The last three minutes are for sure her take on the situation. But to say that this is a “pure one sided opinion piece” solidifies sypkan’s post above that you yourself agreed with. She is a talking head paid to provide an opinion. Doesn't stop the fact that for 70% of this video she reported what appears to be objective facts (?) of the situation.

Sypkan:

“your problem stok, is exactly the same as dr dicvocal and blindman, you attack the poster, you attack the person, you attack the source, you attack the politics.... rather than engaging in the content... the whole youtube thing is just you guy's lame-arse attempts to deplatform people... very 20 something mean girls uni like behaviour... but seriously stok.... you should be above that…” - Spykan

Stok:

“I'll pay that - because I do that. Less so attacking the poster (or not at all? Well maybe Burleigh! ), more so attacking the source and political edge to the content.

I honestly don't have the time or effort to cross check every link which gets posted here, kudos to you guys if you do! Honestly!” - Stok

Back to Sypkan:

“you are either terribly ignorant, terribly biased, or a pathetic little 'don't give those ideas oxygen' mean girl who cannot handle her world view being challenged…

the 'academic' in you gets bagged not as 'anti-intellectualism' or 'tall poppy syndrome'... but because you are a such bloody typical example of the very compromised contemporary uni system... and government in general…” - Sypkan

Nailed it. It is quite clear that in this instance, you commented on the uselessness of Supa's video by title and headline alone.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:05pm
Stok wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Not everyone is happy with boosters and mandates . https://youtu.be/ArYtup2o_qU

Supa.....that is a pure one sided opinion piece from a savvy, loudmouth commentator/journalist or whatever she is.

She's obviously riding the wave of vaccine hesitance/anti vax sentiments, riding it all the way to the bank.

What do ya reckon stok Add her to your list ?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:32pm

"The first 6:30mins (of 10ms) are her literally reporting on the trucking convoy and vaccine mandate protests that are currently ongoing in canada; she mentions that hardly any major mainstream news networks are reporting the issue (blackout)"

doesn't such gross overeaching bias by censorship require at least a little balancing?

be it by opinion writer or not....

the world has just become incredibly strange

i was talking with my friend the other day about vaccine efficacy and how no mainstream media source seems to go there

not that long ago, if a vaccine or medicine was even remotely not performing as promised it would be all over the media, widely reported, all sources, regardless of political colours...

thrashed out until some form of consensus developes

what the hell has changed?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:30pm

and fwiw, I think you will find 'the hill' is one of the few sites that endeavours to overcome the ridiculous political bias of the media system thst has developed

one of the very very few

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:34pm

""The first 6:30mins (of 10ms) are her literally reporting on the trucking convoy and vaccine mandate protests that are currently ongoing in canada; she mentions that hardly any major mainstream news networks are reporting the issue (blackout)"

doesn't such gross overeaching bias by censorship require a little balancing?"

Is it true though?

One seconds searching showed a shitt ton of coverage in Canada of the Truckers convoy.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:42pm
freeride76 wrote:

""The first 6:30mins (of 10ms) are her literally reporting on the trucking convoy and vaccine mandate protests that are currently ongoing in canada; she mentions that hardly any major mainstream news networks are reporting the issue (blackout)"

doesn't such gross overeaching bias by censorship require a little balancing?"

Is it true though?

One seconds searching showed a shitt ton of coverage in Canada of the Truckers convoy.

Maybe search the US media , if stok or anyone thinks the hill are nothing but RWNJ here’s the media bias rating https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-hill/ and is the media blackout the story here ? or is the protest the story ? Or is the story what people are protesting about ?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:40pm

I have no problem with them, if that is aimed at me.
watch their stuff from time to time.

I'm just calling BS on her claim that the truckers convoy is subject to a media blackout.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:50pm
freeride76 wrote:

I have no problem with them, if that is aimed at me.
watch their stuff from time to time.

I'm just calling BS on her claim that the truckers convoy is subject to a media blackout.

I think freeride , she’s claiming the US media is not reporting on it .

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:55pm

Thought she said Canadian media.

Which was disproved in 30 seconds of google searching, Canadian media is all over it.

Yep, she said media blackout inside of Canada.