Interesting things too

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 21 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm

For when one interesting things thread isn't enough.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 11:21am

Elementary, my dear comrades.

Ele-fucking-mentary!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 11:45am

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 4:22pm
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 4:35pm

What're you thoughts on that article Facto?

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 5:38pm

The article reminds me-

"Whats the only animal with an arsehole in the middle of its back?"

A police horse

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 6:10pm

What's the difference between a mounted policeman and a lost golf ball?

Well, one's a hunt on a course...

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 8:20pm

I particularly like the way Comrade Queef linked to a “ battle “ against the neoliberalist capitalism he’s Oi Oi Oi supported for the past few years through his ignorant repetition of the ultimate Globalist propaganda :

“ Open borders providing the free flow of labour so that the lowest common denominator of labour cost is the global standard “

The stupid fuck thinks it’s his own prerogative to circumvent the labour law of every nation on Earth through mass immigration . To be honest , I don’t blame the bottom feeding morons such as Facto , they are just the useful idiots of Capital.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 8:21pm

How many wrinkles has a cunt got ?

Get Facto to smile and I’ll count ‘em.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 8:21pm

3 months till Christmas

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 10:22pm

??

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 11:06pm

Pick a peak.

Strawman...stupidity...pissed weird creepiness.

Dud's got 'em all covered.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 11 Sep 2020 at 11:08pm

Speaking of fucking idiots, how's Wayne Carey's form?

Jeezus wept...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 8:52am

Vinyl outsold CDs for the first time since the '80s

The Recording Industry Association of America has released its mid-year report on the state of the US music industry. While there were plenty of expected outcomes (streaming way up, physical sales continuing to plunge), there were a few surprises.

The report indicates that, for the first time since the 1980s, vinyl outsold CDs. Vinyl album sales rose by four percent from the first half of 2019 to $232 million. That accounts for 62 percent of physical revenue during the first six months of the year, but just four percent of the overall revenue from recorded music.

Overall physical sales fell to $376 million. That’s a drop of 23 percent year-over-year. Reasons for that include people not visiting music stores, artists not touring (and not selling CDs at shows) and millions of people losing their jobs and entertainment budgets amid the COVID-19 pandemic. And then, of course, there’s the increasing shift to streaming.

It shouldn’t come as a surprise that streaming subscriptions are way up. Spotify, for instance, added 12 million Premium subscribers during the six months to hit a global total of 138 million. Paid streaming subscribers in the US increased by 24 percent from the first half of 2019 to more than 72 million. Total streaming revenue rose 12 percent year-over-year to $4.8 billion.

Growth in ad-supported streaming revenues slowed down significantly to three percent year-over-year amid a drop in advertising income across a number of sectors. Despite that, it speaks to the dominance of streaming that revenue from ad-supported streaming ($421 million) was higher than both physical sales and digital downloads ($351 million) during that period.

The report found that streaming accounted for 85 percent of music revenue in the first six months of the year, up from 79 percent across all of 2019.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/riaa-streaming-vinyl-cds-mid-year-report-...

Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 5:26pm

Yikes!!! Not to be confused with yipes!!!

Debonding (not to be confused with deboning) is one of the saddest, tragic sights real surfees can witness. One of the most recent, and especially most tragic, fragile, poignant examples, magnificently documented on the Swillnut Club, occurred when one of the the Swillnut Club founders (not to be confused with flounders) Stuper Nuttle, turned on his obviously bestie dude, blowie. Even though stupe’ had for years vehemently denied even knowing the poor, self confessed gronk, bloiwie (who was famous for creating a classic gronk sell out thread, eventually exposing and swillnutting every known and unknown spot in Asia)!!!???! Stuper was always getting even angrier and madder at the mere suggestion of being blowie’s favourite great ‘mmmmaaaayyytee’ for years!!!???!?? I'm sure there's a 'naaaarrrr... yeeeeehhhh... nnnaaarrr but'... 'explanation'... again... another, well, another 'doozie'... again...

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/117751?page=1

'Enlightening stuff Indo. Have to Agree with you about the Balinese being friendliest in my ( limited )experience ).'

'Thanks so much for all your info. I have been to the Ments but only on the cheap milk run boat, only went to a few name breaks ( maccas, HTs, telescopes, scarecrows, thunders ) and never saw the E Bay Area or any other waves really. No camps, did not know which Island was which. Your standard Ignorant gronk being led by the nose.'

'Cheers legends.
You boys should run a surf travel company, quite the wealth of information.'

'You've sold me on the Sumatran islands.'

'I probably would have taken her on the charter but sometimes she gets seasick ...the ultimate party pooper for her.' (her being, well, becoming, the eventual swillnut 'inspiring open ocean woman of the year'... down the well beaten 'track', as the 'fables' grew... growing in stature by the word!!!???

And, in the gronk dude, blowie's defense he quickly swillnutted himself and grew into an all Asian swillnut, anti exposure, anti surf camp 'legend' by the word too!!!!???

But, stuper finally, publicly admitted the obviously great mateship!!! Before finally, but quickly, publicly butt whipping and divorcing his great, dude maaaaaayyyttee blowie!!! Forcing the obviously, and tragically shattered dude, blowie into being forced to spill his guts and admit that, not only were he and stupe’ much, much, much, much, much, much, much (did I say ‘much’) more than just great mmmaaayyytees, but that blowie had actually rescued and saved stuper’s life in a secret and equally horrendous surfee emergency and tragic ‘underground 'incident’!!! Again!!! In a nutshell... again... and again and... (PS did I say ‘much’)...

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 5:56pm

Yesssss!!!! All hail Big lifty

Liney's picture
Liney's picture
Liney Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 7:02pm

He’s back!!!!

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 7:22pm

Fuck I’ve missed this silly prick.
Oh well, at least 2020 ain’t a complete write off.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 7:24pm

Nope, not him. It's Blowin.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 7:31pm

Great just when you think 2020 couldn't get any worse.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 7:50pm

King Lifty

Earth to Big Wayne, come back too

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 8:07pm

Can someone explain the story of this colourful character?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 8:19pm

You'd like him Vic, he's a lot like you only relatively smart.

Be careful what you wish for peeps.

Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 8:21pm

'Great just when you think 2020 couldn't get any worse.'

Well, obviously things have been much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much (did I say much) worse dreaming... again...

A typical dreaming, swillnutting day... (which in reality, is actually a nightmare for any sane person caught up in the 'dream')

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/307178?page=63

'BTW. i saw a women at the market in Dandenong the other day with a burqua or maybe it was a Niqab it was kind of in-between couldn't see her face though, i was waiting for my missus so did a bit of people watching with her, to be honest she didn't look oppressed like the full black robe ones I've seen in Indonesia that look like servants of the men, actually looked the opposite in this case she had her little middle eastern guy following her around and from the body language she looked like she was wearing the pants so to speak.

It was quite crowded and was thinking maybe i will accidentally go bump into her and say sorry etc and see if she will interact with me and see the reaction of her husband, but by that time my missus had finished.'

'Is it just me, or is this just a bit, erm, mental?'

And no young Shatner, although just another great moment, another great 'work' to the swillnuts, its definitely not just you it is extremely weird. As you can see when the swillnut 'dream', (the nightmare for all non swillnuts) comes all too true. Cafes like 'markets' should be safe places for women, places where complete strangers aren't stalking women, and thinking extremely weird shit about going 'bump' in the... nightmare...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-23/pregnant-muslim-woman-speaks-out-...

'Ms Abdo said it was very worrying.

"We are all concerned. You are actually sitting in a cafe in a group, you would think that is the safest place to be. We are all trying to deal with it."

The assault occurred in the week a study was released showing women wearing headscarves were at the most risk of Islamophobic attacks.

"We are mothers, wives, daughters … and we deserve to feel safe wherever we go," Ms Elasmar said.

"I fear for the world our children will grow up in, if this issue is not addressed."

'Yyyyyeeeehhhh... nnnnaaaarrrr... yyyyeeeehhhh... she wooda lyked me but aaayyyeee... vey allweyz duz aye... an' an' I wuz juz expppeeeerincin' swillnuttin'... aaayyyeee... I wuz...agin.... stuuuuu.... push ver button qqqquuuuiiiiccckkkk!!!!!!????'

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 8:30pm

VL he’s basically the South Oz version of you

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 8:37pm

Cool. I look forward to working with this bloke.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 8:42pm

Great to have big fella calling the shots again. Keep your heads down and your wits about you!

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 8:49pm

Haha VL, give it a few days

Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 9:08pm

And just to get things, well, just to put the record... well... I mean... just to un crooked things... so to speak... amongst mmmaaa...

Stup'e didn't know blowie at all... all those times he vehemently denied knowing him... did he...

And zensless, all those times you were, and are up in arms with ya mmmmaaayyytee blowie, about those stinkin', filthy, scum immigrants... zenno. About how the stinkin. scum should be booted out for taking ozzies jobs. For taking their livelyhoods, and criticising the oz government and actions, not to mention over populating the place, (well, no where near as over populated like a little place like Japan is), you were thankfully, and obviously, born in Japan, and not just a... just a ... just a... dare I say it... in ya mmmaaaaatttesss lingo, a 'lousy immigrant', taking a Japanese person's livelyhood and wages, taking a Japanese person's dwelling, all whilst critising their government and actions on an ozzie web site, whilst pushing up realty prices etc... Are ya...?????!! Coz, I mean... if that was true, then... I mean... if that was even remotely true but... well... but... that means that, that would just be a blatant, in your face example of blatant, hypocritical ludicrous, drivvle... aka... all time swillnuttin'... again... and again... and again... and again... (did I say again???!)

And goofball, have ya 'stormed' inside of yazzie yet... on that monstrously, monstrous slab of beak snouted chemicals... again...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Yyyyeeeeeehhhhh... naaaarrrr... yeeeeehhhh... nnnaaarrr... aaayyye but...'

I think that's more than interesting enough... for now... and again...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 10:58pm

Zen, Gold!

Lifty strides to the crease and whack ... the ball flies straight over the fence and into Dandy markets hitting an inattentive indo whose lecherous gaze was elsewhere smack on the noggin!

Life in lockdown just got very interesting.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 9:45pm

Erm, I think you're confusing me with someone else old man. I don't think I've ever been in cahoots with Blowy regarding immigration. Happy for you to correct me though cobber.

And, mate i'm not taking anyones job here- I actually employ a few of them.

Anyway, how you been? I'd imagine you'd be taking your own wacky zany brand of bringing fitness to the masses outside, what with all this covid thing?

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 9:51pm

Welcome back lifty, I look forward to being grilled over something again...

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 9:55pm

Vic Local Vs Uplift

Shades of Kelly Vs Andy

Riding twins fins ofcourse.....

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 9:56pm

No you don't Term.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 10:23pm

Im betting it's just another of facto's fake troll accounts just trying to stir shit up as per normal.

If im wrong and it really is him, i have zero interest in any interaction with lifty, the guy is a complete fruit cake completely pointless even trying to make sense of his post, better to just skim past them.

Do have to agree though VL v's Lifty would be like Andy and Kelly going head to head. might be worth reading them then, but I'm sure it would get old pretty quickly.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 10:35pm

Caspar Dreaming, if Lifty isn't a racist flog and doesn't espouse covid policies that would destroy the economy and put people in early graves, we should get on fine.

Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 11:11pm

Getting straight the point... 'Erm... I don't think...'

Look, its ok zenny... as I confidently said, we get the picture... again...

And thankfully, as you well know, I will happily correct you... again... But lets just let things simmer... for now... so to speak, and you just nervously savour and enjoy that unsure, perhaps queezy feeling, that, as you stated, uncertain, waiting to be corrected anticipation... the endless, nervous anticipation, before being deep fried to a frazzled, over crisped, incinerated, throw away karaage... again...

Poor blowie, as the rats desert the sunken, poorly designed and maintained leaden clunker... Who could forget, 'ship jumpers' the Abbertons called them... including poor ''killer from chi's'. And what a price the ship jumper, the 'rat' paid... again...

Again, that same, somewhat nervous, endless anticipation, unfolding before, yes, these innocent eyes... Even I can't relate the full, the sordid, unravelling tale... when 'killer'... weren't really no 'killer'...

Anyway, you mention training zenner, now, as you can so clearly see on display... which brings us back to blowie's deserting, ever growing flotilla of rats... including the dreaming, imho dim witted, brain dead rat... so, so, so easily trained to come, and perform on command...

And so, I know its a minor, perhaps swillnutty, ever forgiven mmmmaaaayyyttte that weren't a mmmmaaaayyytee... detail... in the scheme of things, so to speak... but that vehement denial...

Vic Local? Refusing to desert the ship, steadfastly standing with a few other good hearted people, against racism and inequality, as the rats just be rats... Well, especially as the rats are so forgiving of those other 'crooked' details, and the lack of 'skilled prose' in the 'lets bump out the burqua club' aka 'she had her little middle eastern guy following her around and from the body language she looked like she was wearing the pants so to speak', well overall and especially in comparison, Vic Local, and those other, steadfast, true anti racist, anti inequality, and rat free group, well, thats deluxe!!!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 12 Sep 2020 at 11:23pm

I couldn't wait big-boy. I wish I could say I've missed you but i'd be, you know- not telling the truth.

I'll let you in on a little secret- I quite like Vic, he's staunch. Probs doesn't have your raw-boned masculinity and chiselled features though. He did get a cover shot though, and not Cleo.

Anyway, this ones for you- Player.

Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 12:38am

'but i'd be, you know- not telling the truth.'

Just a small correction... for now, for the students and the so to speak, so proclaimed, 'lucky immigrant's staff member's' sake... I know you'd agree with me... again... I'd always works much better than... i'd... Again, no charge at all... my pleasure... just trainin' away!!! Again!!!

See, really, and now on the surface, unbeknown to you, that's really interesting too zensless!!!??? Coz, who could forget, who could forget that... that yes, that other, that yes, that other, yet another, so sure but fateful, yet so 'right', so certain but finally, emphatically uncertain, ever so seemingly bold moment, that 'carefully chosen' but magnificently, ludicrously bungled, swillnut worded past... that 'whoops', that 'mistake'!!!??? When the rats circled on cue (although not to be confused with the flotilla of rats in the queue), before frantically, en masse, 'ship jumping'... fleeing, gnawing, scratching, denying, en swillnuttin' masse yet again...

When a true, emphatically proven, all time, well deserved legend, when whatever pipe, Gland, chopes, Mullaghmore, in fact anywhere of consequence you wish to name threw at him, a genuine legend whose pedigree was long, long ago, well and truly pre zensless ago, already famous in Japan. A legend who would never even, never ever see those oh so bold, but ship jumping, swillnut enboldened, swillnut hardened, swillnut 'carefully chosen', swillnut 'word perfect'... rats... anywhere near him, in real surf, in the real, non swillnut world.

How easy, and how oh so convenient, to... to... to simply 'forget'. How easy the swillnuttin', the oh so 'carefully', 'truthfully' choosen' swillnuttin'... How easily swillnuttin' rats, just be rats... again... and again and again...

I think the Vic local's the BB's, the facto's etc, just want hisstree to stop repeatin' on em. Hisstree to stop swillnuttin', bullshittin' em. Seen the latest? That date, as amasing as the 60,000 to 80,000 years truly is, could actually be 120,000 years of continual, unbroken Indigenous Australian Cultures. Any one of those dates deserve unbridled, emphatic respect and acknowledgement. Yet, as awesome, as incredible, as inpiring, as moving, as unmatched in human history as the date is, it shouldn't matter at all. The beyond the remotest doubt crimes definitely committed, are never excusable, or to be simply conveniently 'moved on' by sheer, primative, perpetuated brute force.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 8:54am

Big Lifty this ones for you.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 9:27am

Let’s stop the pussyfooting around here

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 9:43am

The sudden spike in latent homosexuality here is unprecedented.
The big raw-boned fella must be packin’.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 11:14am

AndyM he doesnt have the nickname “Bourne to Spawn” for nothing

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 11:22am

Hey Michael Bourne, what is your opinion on cottaging?**

** Asking for a friend.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 12:00pm

Don’t worry Vic, I’ll support you no matter what choices you make.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 12:24pm

Hahaha.

Info Dreamin' will have to expand his piss-whiny signature!

And I'd say Vic and Mick will be simpatico more than anything.

The 3 stooges (and whoever wants to take on the roving Shemp role), erm, less so!

If you fit that bill, well...

Don't worry, be stupid.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 12:37pm

Nah after those other post it's not you its Herc.

I just don't think you could string that much nonsensical trash together for that long, only one person can do that.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 12:43pm

Hey Michael Bourne, what is your opinion on cottaging?**

** Asking for a friend.
Don’t worry Vic, I’ll support you no matter what choices you make.
Hey Andy M, Obviously I was asking for ringmaster. He's spent plenty of time in London, and goes by the name ringmaster. Join the dots mate.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 2:37pm

Oh, umm, sure Vic ;)
No need to protest too much, these days nobody is worried.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 3:29pm

Glad you got that out in the open Vic, you'll probably feel more peaceful now... these forums will be a lot calmer without that rage Bourne of repression.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 13 Sep 2020 at 3:29pm

Facto, Blowin... anything you guys want to get off your chests?