Interesting things too

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 21 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm

For when one interesting things thread isn't enough.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 2:46pm

not really, not at all actually, this really ain't that hard at all, the media is full of stories about obama's reservations about joe

you choose to ignore them, up to you...

but why so nasty about it?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 2:45pm

Poor ol' Sepp.

From an observation earlier in the year:

"Our very own Sepp, for example, was so anti-Hillary and 'edgelord' (Corporate Democrats, duh!), he painted himself into a Trumpy corner long ago, and is now so tarred with Donnie's brush, he's shedding IQ points daily tying himself into farcical knots of broken logic.

Could've spent his time proselytisin' for Sanders (apparently used to be a Greens voter here too!), but instead spent more time looking like he willed Biden into being, just so he can, y'know, 'edgelord' and shit, man.

Kinda sad...but then...yeah, naaaaaah.

Trump-Love trumps Trump Lulz."

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

NEVER GO FULL TRUMPY, KIDS.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 2:46pm

ACAB

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 2:48pm

thats all it takes

you undermined your own credibility

but carry on...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 2:47pm
factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 2:49pm

Hahahahaha!

Still "As Cooked As, Bro"?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 2:53pm

tired

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 4:28pm

...and emotional, no doubt.

Going all the way with Donald J. can be an exhausting business.

Take a break, comrade.

Lest you burn out like that Chi-na dickhead that used to pollute these threads.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 3:06pm

no its your line that is tired, it was the first time

but you keep quoting yourself

again

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 3:07pm

no all the way with the J

he actually repulsed me beyond redemption through blm

but he has done that before, it's a push / pull relationship, pushed back again, by a different disgrace

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 3:38pm

We might even slip in some rational discourse while slyppery recovers. Why the US election matters to Australia.
https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/finance-news/2020/08/24/donald-trump-...

...and the complete quote from Phillip Lowe.

Mr Lowe: “ I have kind of two big uncertainties. One is obvious—the pandemic—because the economy will not return to normal until we get on top of the pandemic. Even if we don't have restrictions, people are nervous, and when you're nervous you don't spend and firms don't invest, we don't get the foreign direct investment you were talking about. So the biggest uncertainty is control of the pandemic. Once we get through that, the next big concern is the commitment of the global economies to an open, rules based trading system. I'm sensing a retreating commitment in some countries, which I find incredibly worrying. Australia has benefited from an open rules based system more than perhaps any other country in the world. It's the source of much of our prosperity. So if there's a retreat from that I think we'll pay a big price. The world needs to come together to solve some really big problems. I'd list there the pandemic, climate change, the taxation of the global economy and dealing with some debt problems in some very poor countries. These are issues that are first-order that need a global solution, and if we're retreating from globalisation and the ability to come together, then the global economy will be weaker and Australia will be less prosperous. So that worries me in the medium term. Once we get through the pandemic, we'll have to deal with making sure that the countries of the world can effectively come together to make sure our economies are strong, deal with climate change, with the taxation issues and with some really chronic problems in some very poor countries which ultimately could come back to hurt us all. ”
https://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/committees/commrep/868db03...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 5:17pm

Meanwhile in Australia...

"There’s an interesting development in the university sector – a growing backlash against lack of government support and failure of management to prevent job cuts.

On Monday, the National University Staff Assembly met to discuss a way forward to fight back – including developing a roadmap towards taking unprotected industrial action.

It’s an initiative of the National Higher Education Action Network, a grassroots movement, not a union but endorsed by many National Tertiary Education Union branches, that wants academics and other university staff to consider strikes to call for more government support and secure employment in the sector.

The assembly met today (with 460 present) and passed a motion with 96% of the vote, the key points of which are to:

Oppose cuts to university funding proposed by the minister for education, Dan Tehan.

Endorse:

The National Union of Students (NUS) rally against fee hikes this Friday 28 August.
The School Strike for Climate day of action on 25 September.
And commit to:

Building a diverse national network of university workers across state, institutional, and employment divisions that aims to strengthen every campaign and resist austerity in the sector.

Mounting a vigorous campaign of coordinated actions with the goal of making democratically planned unprotected industrial action possible so as to defend universities from funding cuts and protect all university jobs.

Building a major demonstration involving NTEU, NUS, and secondary school student groups before the government’s budget in October and calls on the NTEU and other unions to support these rank-and-file actions in order to help mobilise branches for them.

It’s still early days – but the network plans to hold local meetings to develop a strike pledge, essentially committing university staff to go on strike if enough others take the same pledge."

- Paul Karp

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Monday, 24 Aug 2020 at 10:48pm

Blah blah blah

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 10:47am

When Sky news and Peta Credlin is berating the business council for its anti- worker mass immigration policies , you know you are fully through the looking glass.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 11:00am

Not really, Dude.

The anti-immigration types are always tripping themselves up, and tying themselves in Gordian knots of broken logic and cog diss.

It's what happens when you have no (palatable) ideology to speak of, and the vacuum gets filled with Right old slurry.

BTW, never did get back regarding this query from last week:

"Yo Dude, when you say 'immigration', who are you referring to? Or rather, what are the stats referring to?

People coming here to live permanently? Asylum seekers? TWVs? Students? Backpackers?"

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

No wonder this party is so buggered, with navel-gazing like this:

“Labor has quite simply made a habit of failing at national elections for the past quarter of a century because it can’t get that right. At the last nine federal elections, it has managed to win a lower house majority just once, in 2007.

And still it is arguing about the basics, of blending and holding together its various support bases. Keeping different groups of supporters is the stuff of political parties and is not some new development. All through its life, the ALP has been home simultaneously to middle-class progressives and militant trade unionists.

True, today’s society is both more diverse and, arguably, more invested in what is loosely described as identity politics – say, blue-collar workers in regional Queensland on the one hand and LGBTQI influencers in an inner suburb overburdened with cafes on the other.

The way to appeal to both groups on climate change would appear to be to emphasise the “net” part of Labor’s target of net zero emissions by 2050 and how that means trade-offs between fossil fuels and renewables over the next 30 years. Would that really be so hard?“

Climate change is not the beginning, middle and end of policy.

You will never bring coal workers together with progressives if the territory is all about climate change.

What Labor has forgotten is its roots pure and simple. Workers are its answer. More to the point, Aussie workers.

Labor needs to refocus every single policy that it has on Australia. No more multinational, globalisation garbage. Both inner-city progressives and coal miners share that distinction.

For example, today Australians are horrified at the state and federal government’s prioritising international students over the rights and health prospects for locals. This is so freakin’ obvious that it goes to show how thick is the surface tension of the Canberra bubble.

If Labor were not entirely lost then it would pop this bubble with a single word from the opposition leader and Morrison would be badly exposed. The position is indefensible, another Hawaiian moment, yet it stands.

Now multiply this across:

Labor’s China addiction;
Labor’s immigration addiction;
Labor’s multilateral addiction.
Labor needs to come out with a full-throated roar in favour of Australians and Australian workers (of all shapes, sizes and colour). There are arguments in favour for every dimension of policy. Labor needs only to make them:

slash immigration to protect wages, lift services delivery and save the environment;
adopt a full-blown policy of CCP pushback to cleanse Canberra;
launch a royal commission into university corruption;
smash the gas cartel with domestic reservation;
ban all forms of political party donations;
lift unemployment benefits;
fully costed carbon pricing which is what business wants.
They still have negative gearing reform which is great. There is much, much more they could do if they put Australia at the heart of policymaking instead of snowflake sentiment. And so long as Australia is at the heart of the plan then they can unite disparate groups on the left.

But they won’t. The question is why? I suspect that Labor’s trouble is the same as Hillary Clinton and her “deplorables”. Labor is overrun with progressives with a severe case of cultural cringe catastrophically out of touch with QLD and WA electorates.

And so they and it will keep losing for as far as the eye can see.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

When Sky news and Peta Credlin is berating the business council for its anti- worker mass immigration policies , you know you are fully through the looking glass.
DSDS. It's a very narrow tight rope for people like Credlin. She's got to convince working class people that mass immigration and the business council are the reason for all their woes, while ensuring the business council gets everything they want. She's just pretending to stick up for Struggle St while drinking Grange with the well-heeled residents of Mosman and Toorak.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 11:27am

Why would Sky news AKA the media branch of the business council want to support the truth that mass immigration into depressed economic circumstances would exacerbate unemployment ? This directly contradicts the BCA line of immigration saving the day for our economy.

Are they so hard up for viewers that they’d abandon the central pillars of their ideology so wantonly ? I didn’t realise that Rupert prioritised viewer numbers , I thought it was more about relentless propaganda ? He’s certainly never let truth out of the cage whilst chasing eyeballs before now , has he ?

Question: Who is more responsible for the sad plight of the Australian worker than the Business Council and the Australian Industry Group ?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 11:56am

Oh no, Dude! Your MacroBusiness slip is showing!

Not YOU, again!!!!

Like Alan Jones, your 'death' has been short and sweet.

Chi-na and bog standard bigotry coming right up!!!!

Dog help us all.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 11:58am

...And STILL no answers...

"Yo Dude, when you say 'immigration', who are you referring to? Or rather, what are the stats referring to?

People coming here to live permanently? Asylum seekers? TWVs? Students? Backpackers?"

FOR YEARS!!!!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 12:00pm

DSDS, Rupert's power is based on the fact that poorly educated blue collar workers swing election outcomes. The relentless propaganda Murdoch's outlets like Fox News, Daily Telegraph, The Sun are all about turning the working poor against immigrants, and swinging their votes towards parties with an anti-immigrant message (even though their immigration policies don't match the rhetoric). Australia's LNP being a classic example.
Rupert has the power, conservatives get the votes, the BCA gets high immigration and a BS excuse for low wage growth. Meanwhile the brain dead blue collar workers blames the immigrants. I can't believe people still fall for it.
And sypkan, indo, xenagain. Before you get on your high horses, I didn't say all blue collar workers are brain dead. Just the ones who fall for the conservative's anti-immigrant schtick.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 12:18pm

Mass immigration has been a fundamental tenet of neoliberal Western economies for over two decades. The ideology behind mass immigration is supported by every multinational corporation and neoliberal government on Earth.

Conservatives demand adherence to the status quo and reject evolution of ideology. If you support mass immigration you are , by definition, a conservative.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 12:30pm

Nothin'.

AGAIN.

STILL.

The answer my friend, AIN'T blowin' in the wind, hey Dude?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 12:34pm

...and Vic, it'd be like self-proclaimed 'working class' types voting for One Notion too.

Like a certain numpty that used to stink up this place in the not-too-distant past.

And now not too distant enough.

Battery chooks voting for KFC?

Hit 'em with the flim flam via media megaphone.

"Shut up and take my money!"

"I don't care I love it!"

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 12:53pm

factotum, without Hanson, the LNP would not be in power.
Hanson hoovers up the out and proud racist dregs of society, and delivers their vote to the LNP via preferences. That's why Scumo never criticises the red-headed redneck.
With Hanson's preferences in the bag, Scumo can a let Hanson do the Klucker style hate speech and while he just dog whistles to the quiet racists. The other crucial thing Hanson does on election day is to give the dregs someone to vote for. These are to the people who would write something like "youse are all cunts" on the ballot paper. Every election is tight and Hanson and her scumbag followers have kept the corrupt and thoroughly incompetent LNP in power.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 12:56pm

Mass immigration has been a fundamental tenet of neoliberal Western economies for over two decades. The ideology behind mass immigration is supported by every multinational corporation and neoliberal government on Earth.

Conservatives demand adherence to the status quo and reject evolution of ideology. If you support mass immigration you are , by definition, a conservative.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:01pm

The reason that the LNP is in power is because the party which was once the opposition ( ALP ) now collaborates and promotes the exact same policies as the LNP ....only with the awful stink of woke identity politics wafting over it as a cover screen. This just makes them twice as unpalatable. And unelectable.

https://redflag.org.au/node/7266

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:08pm

Ok, simple question Vic- if mass immigration is the solution to all woes regardless of the country of origin, can you give me an optimum number?

I'm talking about a sustainable future, maintaining a reasonable quality of life, conservation of air, water, forests, optimum level of public healthcare from the cradle to the grave, affordable housing?

You got a number? 30 mil? 50 mil? 100 mil?

Or maybe, just maybe the government regardless of who controls the purse strings may wish to develop policy rather than importing people ad infinitum?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:12pm

You know you are a conservative:

1/ If you find yourself aligning with Nike , McDonalds , Goldman Sachs and Chevron on immigration laws.

2/ If you argue the point that mass immigration isn’t inherently bad for the environment of the recipient nation.

3/ If you side with Scott Morrison and Peter Dutton on importation of International students whilst Australians are locked within their homes .

4/ If you berate blue collar workers and declare they should have no voice in Australian politics as a matter of routine.

5/ If you believe that there is nothing wrong with the ALP privatising every governmental department possible.

6/ If you are an aging Australian who thinks that the young and vital should be locked down so the aged can walk free . If you are a vulnerable person living in the surf coast who demands that a young Melbournite should be under house arrest to protect your safety whilst you walk free ....you are a conservative.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:13pm

When did I become an advocate for mass migration again Zenagain? And why should I answer any of your ridiculous questions, that aren't asked in good faith?
I just get the shits with racists who blame immigration and immigrants for their shit lot in life.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:16pm

Perhaps if people were open about how they made their money it would reveal motives behind sentiments regarding various political perspectives ?

If someone was involved in a business on the Surf coast of Victoria which relied on constant supply of humans for labour / custom then it would certainly mitigate the weight of their opinion when promoting greater population growth.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 9:11pm

I did ask in good faith and you were the one that included me in your little grouping above.

So, in saying that i'll apply the same logic that you apply to me. If you're not against mass immigration then you're for it. You should understand that in your black and white world.

So, my question stands. Whether you choose to answer it is up to you.

I can promise you one thing though, if you do choose to answer it, I will give your answer thoughtful consideration and not dismiss it offhand, nor rubbish you, nor call you stupid. That's your domain.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:25pm

Maybe a trip to hospital would change people's minds? Hospitals are filled with immigrants, from cleaners right through to surgeons, doing incredible work. Maybe think about Melbourne's world class medical research sector that relies on highly skilled immigrants. Maybe think about all those immigrants who have a red hot crack at business and then go employ thousands of people?
Unfortunately there's way too many Australians (Hanson fans) who always see immigrants as a threat and never see the benefits.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:26pm

Ipso facto, if someone is a classic 'laptop sharebroker' after an even more classic unprincipled (yet whiny) FIFO monkey cash-grab, and then self-proclaims as a 'working class hero', then...

Votes for One Notion?

Well...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:27pm

...let the MASS debate recommence...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:28pm

BTW...

"...And STILL no answers...

FOR YEARS!!!!"

3rd times a charm?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:29pm

ps- for the record, I think Australia is richer for immigration and without it would be a shadow of itself. And i don't blame immigrants for my woes- I blame me.

I just reckon sustainability enters into the equasion but doesn't seem to be considered.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:32pm

Spoken like a 'true blue' immigrant, Zen.

BTW which type are you again?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:31pm

pps- I forgot. I am an immigrant.

I'd like to think i'm having a red-hot go here. Hey, i even employ some of 'them'.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:33pm

Shit-kicker with aspirations of grandeur Facto-san.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:35pm

Without investigating further regards the Japanese system, where do you fit in?

Category-wise, I guess.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:42pm

Unprincipled FIFO monkey ?

Perfect example of how the woke neo-socialist really feels about the plebeian workers they need to use as a host in their parasitic attempt to attain power in society.

The managerial class who’ve invaded Earth from the Golgafrincham Ark ship B had two options when they alighted on our sunny planet : Corporate stooges honest in their desire to rule other humans through mid- level economic power , or parasitic administrators for a destructive socialism which they secretly hope never eventuates.

Both view the working class as nothing more than a resource from which to extract power.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:42pm

Oh, that was a serious question?

Permanent resident. No wish for citizenship as i'd have to relinquish my Australian citizenship. No dual nationality here.

I own property. Company owner- Daihyou.

Kinda in limbo I guess. Gotta feeling i'll die here though. Can't afford the re-entry back in to Australia. Or at least get to the level I enjoy here. (don't read that as being conceited)

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:52pm

Wow I go away for a couple of hours and entirely new levels of complete bollocky bollockly bullshit are achieved. It’s like going for a piss at a footy game and missing the deciding goal, but let’s have a look at what the usual suspects have come up with in my absence.

“The reason that the LNP is in power is because the party which was once the opposition ( ALP ) now collaborates and promotes the exact same policies as the LNP .”

So Dude, who would probably have no more luck coming up with an actual policy of ANY political party than the aged care minister had with the number of dead, claims that there is NO DIFFERENCE between ALP policies and COALition policies. And supports his view with an article about the Whitlam government from 1972! And and and…….. gets it wrong as usual

“Class collaboration is on the agenda of the left union leadership and Labor once again, as the federal government plans massive cuts to wages and conditions in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Then we have this brilliant insight into the workings of small business.

“If someone was involved in a business on the Surf coast of Victoria which relied on constant supply of humans for labour / custom…….”

Umm, don’t all businesses rely on humans for labour and custom.?

This is more fun than shooting fish in a barrel!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:56pm

YOU, Dude:

"A classic 'laptop sharebroker' after an even more classic unprincipled (yet whiny) FIFO monkey cash-grab, and then self-proclaims as a 'working class hero', then...

Votes for One Notion?"

Ever been in a union up there, champ?

How's your fully franked credits on your dividends going, battler?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 1:58pm

Blowfly meet Blowie.

Yes, he's baaaaaaaaaaack!

Let the beer bingo recommence...

Can I get a 'Manchurian Dan' for starters?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 2:15pm

I’ll translate this for those who struggle :

“Class collaboration is on the agenda of the left union leadership and Labor once again, as the federal government plans massive cuts to wages and conditions in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.”

It means that the ALP and unions are selling out the workers again. Still. It means the ALP is COLLABORATING with the LNP to shaft the working class. Of course there is a difference between the ALP and the LNP , unfortunately it’s the equivalent of slightly different coloured curtains on the same house . Bone vs off white.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 2:29pm

Since when did 130 hour fortnights of hard labour in 45 degree heat building remote infrastructure for Australia’s main export become a “ cash grab “ ?

Again....this shows exactly how the woke neo-socialist views the actual working class. The spineless neo- socialists who punch down at the struggling workers whilst being complicit in their oppression.

The modern neo-socialist is what you get when you drench a neoliberalist in toxic femininity. A walking soft-on who parasitically burrows into the hide of the working class , simultaneously feeding off and resenting its host. A limp wristed thespian playing at anarchy whilst vocally siding with the renowned humanists Peter Dutton , Nike and Chevron in their mass immigration promotions.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 2:21pm

"It’s like going for a piss at a footy game and missing the deciding goal."
No it's like being locked away from the troop for a while and then being let back into the enclosure howling like a banshee seeing who in the gang can scratch their armpits and blue balls the hardest.
Hold on - it's going to get dizzy folks!!!

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020 at 2:27pm

When stuck in a hole.......Dude keeps digging. He just hit the water table and is now up to his neck but watch......nothing will stop him. He will just keep digging and digging and digging until he emerges somewhere in the northern hemisphere probably between Lithuania and Moscow.

Just for fun though, let's try to work out the thought process that could lead someone to conclude that Labor and ther unions working together to oppose massive cuts to wages and conditions amounts to collaboration with the COALition to shaft the working class. No can't be done! Rational thought totally absent. Oh hang on it could just be an early start on his daily slab!