Surfers and conspiracy theories etc

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 8:00pm

I knew surfers weren't immune to being crazy, but a group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bryonbaysurfers/?hc_ref=ARRWDoQ3b7IDHBjx...

No i am not a member

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 2:06pm

I did stumble into the remnants of a "grow" once looking for an old mine. Closer to Tabulam though. And know of 2 incidents of people being chased out of Ewingar State Forest

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 2:11pm

Speaking of cookers and nut jobs. Is there anything that can stop the Coalition from encouraging conspiracy theories and misinformation? https://www.themonthly.com.au/the-politics/rachel-withers/2022/12/16/coo... Are these people stupid? Or do they simply not care? As I wrote on Wednesday, the right is not directly responsible for the wild path the Train family went down. But it’s blindingly obvious to anyone with any sense or care that it’s time for conservative politicians to stop dabbling in this stuff; to stop encouraging the mentally ill to believe that the government is out to get them and wants to control their lives and take their stuff; to stop making up outrageous bullshit as a substitute for real policy arguments.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 2:27pm
AndyM wrote:

Good old Burls, he finds it difficult to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Easiest way to join dots is a straight line, yet you keep doing loops and roundabouts, even after they have been numbered for you.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 2:30pm

So you don’t reckon we can be concerned about both rapists and domestic terrorists?
Not worth worrying about?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 2:32pm

A few articles masquerading as journalism and one or two incidents amongst millions and millions of vax shots never stopped the covidiot getting cooked and sweaty and angry and crazy and unintelligible etc etc

ie, periods…the science easily proved covid had a far greater impact on period changes..yet, who was double cooked?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 2:39pm

Were they mentally ill?

He was a School Principal, she was a Teacher- for years.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 2:47pm

Brenton Tarrant, the lowlife who murdered 51 muslims in Christchurch a few years ago, was unknown to police before he carried out his heinous crime. It was later discovered he was an adherent of conspiracy theories such as The White Extinction Theory and The Great Replacement Theory. Even his poor mum never suspected what was going on in his feeble mind. Sure, most people who get sucked in by these conspiracy theories do not go on to commit atrocities, but it only takes one to destroy innocent people’s lives.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 2:53pm

The 3 of them apparently worked at Walgett school. Pretty sure they'd have been happy to have anyone apply.
There's a shitload of cookers and assorted nutters in the Lightning Ridge/Walgett area. Guns aren't hard to find out there either.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 3:08pm
Roadkill wrote:

periods…the science easily proved covid had a far greater impact on period changes..yet, who was double cooked?

LMAO fuck you're a special human.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 3:16pm
tubeshooter wrote:

The 3 of them apparently worked at Walgett school. Pretty sure they'd have been happy to have anyone apply.
There's a shitload of cookers and assorted nutters in the Lightning Ridge/Walgett area. Guns aren't hard to find out there either.

I’ve been to walgett once , we were going to go into the pub for a counter meal but after driving past and briefly looking in we decided against it .

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 3:17pm

burls is pretty special. Everything he criticises others for he is the master of. :)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 3:36pm
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 3:36pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

periods…the science easily proved covid had a far greater impact on period changes..yet, who was double cooked?

Burls is on his minstrel cycle again.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 3:45pm

Grew up half baked by their father!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 4:31pm
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 4:30pm
Supafreak wrote:

Speaking of cookers and nut jobs. Is there anything that can stop the Coalition from encouraging conspiracy theories and misinformation? https://www.themonthly.com.au/the-politics/rachel-withers/2022/12/16/coo... Are these people stupid? Or do they simply not care? As I wrote on Wednesday, the right is not directly responsible for the wild path the Train family went down. But it’s blindingly obvious to anyone with any sense or care that it’s time for conservative politicians to stop dabbling in this stuff; to stop encouraging the mentally ill to believe that the government is out to get them and wants to control their lives and take their stuff; to stop making up outrageous bullshit as a substitute for real policy arguments.

Stupid and do not care would be my reckoning....

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 5:19pm
AndyM wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Burls is on his minstrel cycle again.

Nice one AndyM but I didn’t go for a bike ride singing today.

minstrel
/ˈmɪnstr(ə)l/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a medieval singer or musician, especially one who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 5:18pm

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 6:05pm

Thanks Burls, I had no idea.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 6:13pm
AndyM wrote:

Thanks Burls, I had no idea.

I know

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 6:35pm

Remember Burls, I love you like a brother.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 7:28pm
AndyM wrote:

I love you like a brothel too x

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 8:02pm

https://m.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 8:13pm
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

I love you like a brothel too x

You want to do what???
Please don't travel 500 miles to give me your seed.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 18 Dec 2022 at 8:15pm

Then again, you're pretty charming when you're on your minstrel cycle.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 19 Dec 2022 at 2:16am

About tbb drumming up Oz War Conspiracies...only wish that were true!
Got enough time in the year for another one...a real big nasty one!

During 2022 tbb has noted...
Oz supplies $20m-$30m /month of Arms/Ammo to Russia since war began.
Year's Weapon Supplies = $250m -$350m to Arm Mother Russia to Bomb Ukraine
These "Monthly" payments could well be installments for Local / Imported Missiles in Ukraine's houses!

Oz then kindly returns $180m blood money to Ukraine to prevent Oz Bombs blowing them up.
That leaves $100m to train them how to use Oz Defence weapons...can donate another lazy $100m.

eg: Sept-Oct 2022 > $48m for 2 months Arms/Ammunition to Mother Russia...
Note other exports have dropped 75% over the year but not Arms/Ammo...Oz keeps Putin Happy!
https://tradingeconomics.com/australia/exports-to-russia

So! Do we wait for Oz Media to wake up...(Tip!) They never never will!
Of course not...Contacted Australian Ukraine officials and alerted them to such!
That was a while back now...Does tbb expect a reply for the Hot Potato?
Nope! Not in this year or next or never...Done what was needed to do!

Just repeating that none give a shit that Oz sells $300m Arms to Russia after Voting NO! in UN.
Oz Monthly Arms/Ammunition Export data shows no decline in lead up to new Russian offensive!

Sure! Another tbb conspiracy...Why! Coz it's not news worthy...well durr!
Who cares if Oz are gifting Putin a $300m Xmas present for Ukraine!
Pretty sure no Aussie gives a shit...go & ask! Wot?
Relax! No cause for Alarm it's just another tbb War conspiracy! All say Aye!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 7:49am

On Alibaba, China's largest online shopping platform, the price of regular paracetamol tablets has increased tenfold in the past week from $4 to $40 for 20 tablets.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-20/china-covid-outbreak-hospital-ove...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 7:51am

China have really screwed this one up..

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 8:33am

I'd recommend not swallowing verbatim the western media clickbait China bashing narrative.

I am in regular contact with lots of Chinese people. The reality over there couldn't be any further from the junk media clickbait hysterical trash we're served up.

I'd actually liken what we're exposed to more to a grand conspiracy theory.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 8:38am

Got some more info GSCO?

And to what end does any hyping affect things in regards to us on the outside?

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 9:16am

I'd describe it (or it has been consistently described to me) as people just going about their daily lives in not too different of a way to us, and having basically the same experience as us, all during covid and when we relaxed our covid restrictions, just in a population of 1.4 billion people compared to only 26 million (and one year later).

I seem to recall us all throughout the West also having lockdowns, large and widespread protests, police brutality, calls for the resigning and removal of leaders, cries for freedom, disagreement with covid responses, food shortages, empty shop shelves, hoarding, inflation and price gouging, inconsistencies and contradictions and confusion in covid policies and responses, hospitalisations, deaths, uncertainty, panic, fear...etc... The China experience is no different.

Overall how does the media hyping effect us?

I'll only say that the ALP seems to have the right idea of intelligently managing the relationship with the Chinese superpower: China breakthrough: Penny Wong to visit Beijing this week as relationship recovers. They're taking the right steps.

One the one hand there's this "wild" concept of diplomacy (which I'm not overly good at), defined as "the profession, activity, or skill of managing international relations, typically by a country's representatives abroad" or "the art of dealing with people in a sensitive and tactful way", which is what the ALP is starting to show signs of doing.

One the other there's what we've just seen in the past decade or so in politics, and what the media persists with, which I'd describe as more akin to drunken shit slinging in the pub before getting into a barroom brawl.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 9:25am

Thanks GSCO.

Though you'd think they would have learnt a few things, garnered a bit more of an insight from the rest of the world in the past 2.5 years regarding it's mortality rate, though most at risk etc, etc. And hence opened up earlier instead of trying to eliminate it, which is futile.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 9:30am
Craig wrote:

Thanks GSCO.

Though you'd think they would have learnt a few things, garnered a bit more of an insight from the rest of the world in the past 2.5 years regarding it's mortality rate, though most at risk etc, etc. And hence opened up earlier instead of trying to eliminate it, which is futile.

I guess once a ship that big has set a course, it takes a long time to change direction??

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 10:11am

Yes, but it’s actually also a misunderstanding that China is only suddenly just “opening up now”.

All through covid I’ve had like literally 100s of friends and (ex) colleagues updating their WeChat moments and other social media with their normal daily lives, tourism and travel all over China, weddings (and breakups..), etc, and it’s made me very jealous!

Internally people in China have been very free in general through covid with mostly targeted lockdowns and other policies during covid waves, not really any different to us.

The main difference is this yr they kept their covid policies in place (although in fact gradually easing them), and international travel into China is still restricted.

You’d think I’m completely making this up judging by our media coverage, but anyway, I guess that’s just the world we live in…. The media just picks out the most extreme, isolated and provocative instances and tries to make it look like that's the whole picture.

Our media tries to make it look like everyone in China is living in a Stalin concentration and forced labour camp - a Gulag.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 10:10am

The last thing we want to see is the anti-vaxxers, pro-gun, conspiracy theorists to get this land and use it for their own warped and dangerous views,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-20/queensland-police-shooting-union-...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 10:17am

Gotcha.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 11:55am
gsco wrote:

Yes, but it’s actually also a misunderstanding that China is only suddenly just “opening up now”.

All through covid I’ve had like literally 100s of friends and (ex) colleagues updating their WeChat moments and other social media with their normal daily lives, tourism and travel all over China, weddings (and breakups..), etc, and it’s made me very jealous!

Internally people in China have been very free in general through covid with mostly targeted lockdowns and other policies during covid waves, not really any different to us.

The main difference is this yr they kept their covid policies in place (although in fact gradually easing them), and international travel into China is still restricted.

You’d think I’m completely making this up judging by our media coverage, but anyway, I guess that’s just the world we live in…. The media just picks out the most extreme, isolated and provocative instances and tries to make it look like that's the whole picture.

Our media tries to make it look like everyone in China is living in a Stalin concentration and forced labour camp - a Gulag.

For sure, it's on the list of the usual states to be subjected to regular hatchet jobs.
Includes North Korea, Russia, Venezuela and Iran.
Various central American countries as well as Iraq and Libya have been crushed and brought to heel so are off the front page these days.
Wonder what's happening in Afghanistan and Syria?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 12:01pm
udo wrote:

The last thing we want to see is the anti-vaxxers, pro-gun, conspiracy theorists to get this land and use it for their own warped and dangerous views,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-20/queensland-police-shooting-union-...

We certainly don't want Burls and his ilk supporting a Branch Davidian- type project out there.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 12:19pm

Interesting.

philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 12:43pm

Johny is also not happy with the under reporting of vaccine injury.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 1:20pm

gsco...Western concern for China's Zero Covid put into perspective.

China Pop 1,452,977,672 ~ Covid Deaths 9-16th Dec 2022 = 184 or (26/day) or 1/ 7,896,618

Australia Pop 25,978,935 ~ Covid Deaths 9-16th Dec 2022 = 232 or (33/day) or 1/ 111,978

Aussies are 70.5x more likely to die from Covid during Silly Season.

IHME projected Oz Daily death peak 4th Feb 2023 at 56/day

Adopting "Harsh Zero Covid" ( 80% Mask only ) reduces [+] by half & lowers toll to 18/day
https://covid19.healthdata.org/australia?view=daily-deaths&tab=trend

That'd be why AMA urge masks are currently the best defence.(Pollies tell you it's Vax?)
Current Mask usage is 3% but tbb would read that as 0 < 1% on Gold Coast @ Peak Wave.

Lone Masked tbb can vouch being shamed simply by walking thru malls...(Fell like an outcast Punk!)
As said...not doin' it for myself...just do it as tbb genuinely cares as we all still do!
Data shows unvaxed Deaths % declining for well over a year to now rank below unvaxed demographic.
Due to building natural immunity the Unvaxed drop below their % in infection, Hospital & now deaths.

Now! 15x more deaths than pre 50% Full Vax Era > tbb feels more relaxed than ever being unvaxed.

tbb wears a mask to lower transmission among vulnerable Mass Vaxed Crowds, dropping off at 33/day.
There a roughly 5-10,000 fully vaxed furloughed frontline and that number is still increasing.
No! You won't read about it on Xmas Sales dockets but any are free to pause & reflect & Salute!
Ask! How or who else knows or wishes to share all this unless they care...Not our Govts! That's for sure!
Sure! Another Covid Conspiracy!

Stats are sourced from most reliable, dedicated, prompt & fairest Oz/ World Covid Data source
Full & open Credit to Anthony @ Covid Live.
https://covidlive.com.au/country/china
https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-deaths/aus

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 1:26pm
AndyM wrote:

Interesting.

That all you got after the biggest covid vaccine news?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 1:37pm
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Interesting.

I think it needs capitals for more impact

THAT ALL YOU GOT AFTER THE BIGGEST COVID VACCINE NEWS?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 1:37pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Interesting.

I think it needs capitals for more impact

THAT ALL YOU GOT AFTER THE BIGGEST COVID VACCINE NEWS?

wow..OMG...that is the bigest news ever?...actually snoooooooooooore

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 1:38pm

burleigh, will be wetting the bed.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 1:43pm

thanks tbb, and I'd never shame you for wearing a mask!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 4:36pm
gsco wrote:

I'd recommend not swallowing verbatim the western media clickbait China bashing narrative.

I am in regular contact with lots of Chinese people. The reality over there couldn't be any further from the junk media clickbait hysterical trash we're served up.

I'd actually liken what we're exposed to more to a grand conspiracy theory.

So would the following be clickbait? Do you think this article is in the grand conspiracy basket?

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/thermonuclear-bad-expert-warns-of-dea...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 5:13pm

China ~ Covid Dashboard / Maps > as used by US / Oz data sets...(Click Translate!)
https://news.qq.com/zt2020/page/feiyan.htm#/

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 at 5:16pm

I would hate to be in a Chinese hospital requiring care...care will be non existant if cases over run their poorly run/staffed hospitals.

life is expendable for non party cronies