Surfers and conspiracy theories etc

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 8:00pm

I knew surfers weren't immune to being crazy, but a group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bryonbaysurfers/?hc_ref=ARRWDoQ3b7IDHBjx...

No i am not a member

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 10:36am
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Pandemic of the vaccinated
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClVG-lxyfPd/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

This was always going to happen. Only a bedwetter ignores the obvious and thinks it proves something……which it doesn’t.

ahhhhhh of course it was. All part of the plan. lol

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 12:59pm

Yep, we've gone over this wrongful interpretation of the data many times already..

campbell's picture
campbell's picture
campbell Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:04pm

Meryl burly will never understand the % v % argument , her response will be either lol or bedwetter (again)

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:11pm

Pandemic of the innumerate

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:23pm
Craig wrote:

Yep, we've gone over this wrongful interpretation of the data many times already..

wrongful? why?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:24pm
campbell wrote:

Meryl burly will never understand the % v % argument , her response will be either lol or bedwetter (again)

Please break it down for me Campbell. Let's see how smart you really are

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:43pm

It’s the percentage within each group that the deaths represent that really matters Burliegh.
You have to compare the percentage of each group.
Comparing numbers of deaths of each group tells you nothing because the total number of people in each group is different.

campbell's picture
campbell's picture
campbell Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:45pm
overthefalls wrote:

https://www.aap.com.au/factcheck/anti-vaxxers-view-on-covid-deaths-lacks...

Seems pretty straight forward ? Which part don't you understand sweetheart ?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:50pm

Because the majority of the population is vaccinated, you'll see these vaccinated showing up more in the deaths/cases.

But if we look at the proportion of vaccinated dying compared to the population that are vaccinated it shows that the unvaccinated are still being over-represented. IE the vaccine does have an effect.

I don't have the current stats but this is from July.

3.2% adults in NSW were unvaccinated and 96.8% have at least one dose.

All things being equal in your world Burleigh we should expect the death rates of unvaccinated being 3.2% and vaccinated 96.8%. Even more like 2% and 98% if you think the vaccine is causing deaths.

But deaths of the unvaccinated made up 13% during July. So over-represented.

That there is the true maths.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:54pm
Craig wrote:

Because the majority of the population is vaccinated, you'll see these vaccinated showing up more in the deaths/cases.

But if we look at the proportion of vaccinated dying compared to the population that are vaccinated it shows that the unvaccinated are still being over-represented. IE the vaccine does have an effect.

I don't have the current stats but this is from July.

3.2% adults in NSW were unvaccinated and 96.8% have at least one dose.

All things being equal in your world Burleigh we should expect the death rates of unvaccinated being 3.2% and vaccinated 96.8%. Even more like 2% and 98% if you think the vaccine is causing deaths.

But deaths of the unvaccinated made up 13% during July. So over-represented.

That there is the true maths.

The stats i posted were from the UK. Not Aus. They are roughly 80% vaccinated i believe.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:57pm
Craig wrote:

Yep, we've gone over this wrongful interpretation of the data many times already..

Its Friday Burleigh Clickbait............
Got him .
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/another-child-suffers-from-the-effects-...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 1:56pm
campbell wrote:
overthefalls wrote:

https://www.aap.com.au/factcheck/anti-vaxxers-view-on-covid-deaths-lacks...

Seems pretty straight forward ? Which part don't you understand sweetheart ?

Ah yeah the AAP. Im sure they are all above board like all other media companies with "Fact Checkers"

Where is your breakdown? maybe use your fingers to help you count.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 2:02pm

Hey Burleigh, it's okay to admit you're wrong. It's not just the AAP who have found holes in shonky interpretations of data.

campbell's picture
campbell's picture
campbell Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 2:06pm

Meryl has finally found the spell check ! She might now find out that lose and loose are not the same thing no matter how many times they are mixed up .As for counting fingers ? Only need one I think . Stick to the gym meryl , plenty other dumbbells to keep you company .

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 2:18pm

Actually everyone above, the AAP Fact Check article and most (well it appears all) of the studies it quotes are all wrong.

To answer the question properly, controlled clinical studies/experiments would need to be performed that account for many more confounding variables than are mentioned, in which each group is intentionally infected with covid, and for which not just proportions/percentages are reported but proper statistics and their actual statistical significance.

In fact the studies should be based on very strict and controlled experimental designs as required and dictated by the specific statistical significance tests to be performed.

Quoting proportions/percentages from data observed “in the wild”, ie the general population at large, is just quoting descriptive statistics and does not prove anything at all, pro or anti vax. At best descriptive statistics can only give an indication of whether proper controlled experiments with inferential statistics may be worth the effort.

This has been the problem with covid reporting from the start. And because the general population doesn’t know anything about experimental design and inferential statistics, it just consumes whatever is sold to it hook line and sinker, apart from the questioning by a small proportion of the population who are character assassinated as far right wing, neo-nazi, neo-fascist conspiracy theory nutjobs.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 2:17pm
campbell wrote:

Meryl has finally found the spell check ! She might now find out that lose and loose are not the same thing no matter how many times they are mixed up .As for counting fingers ? Only need one I think . Stick to the gym meryl , plenty other dumbbells to keep you company .

Still waiting for your stats to show me how successful the jab was. Or are you another Roadkill, all bark and no bite? I'm think you're a chihuahua hiding behind a big fence.

How do you rate success anyway? seems a very "loose" term when it comes to Covid vaccinations

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 2:19pm

Regardless GSCO, the maths is still relevant.

The statistics linked in Burleigh's posts are more erroneous compared to us bringing it back to proportions of the population etc.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 7:59pm

Bloody maths eh Burleigh!
https://i.redd.it/w98q7mp61c691.jpg

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 8:04pm

shit, i guess this is the right place to post this.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AGoodDa95954430/status/1593614766190338051

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 8:48pm

Yeew! BD busting out the facts again!

Though I guess if we included the army coming in to take over aboriginal settlements and take them away and lock them up and probably forcibly vaccinate them, it'd be 17-1.

Amiright??!!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 9:17pm

hahaha. Yeeew Andy M. Truth be told, i do hold a particular heavy heart for our indigenous brothers and sisters. History shows that white mans society has treated them rather badly. Infact, you could say alot of our Koori brothers and sisters are and have been treated as second class citizens. So when i see or hear something where they are potentially being treated, again, like second class citizens, for sure i'm gonna put a call out to crew on here to double check what the fuck is going on, as it seems it's hard for these crew to have a voice of their own in this society.
I owned that i was wrong about it. But here you are, 1 year later, still going on about it. Pretty fucken heartless to be honest, and i'm not surprised with you Andy M. Yeeew.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 9:19pm

Heartless that I'm not into conspiracy theories and hysteria?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 9:27pm

hmm. Not sure you entirely understand the context of my post.
I'd rather err on the side of caution and look out for those who can't look out for themselves regardless of if i'm entirely right or entirely wrong. Having said that, i didn't get that poisonous jab, so i guess i didn't buy that particular conspiracy theory about some deadly virus. What were the exact stats of death rates for healthy young and middle aged adults again Andy M?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 9:53pm
bluediamond wrote:

hmm. Not sure you entirely understand the context of my post.
I'd rather err on the side of caution and look out for those who can't look out for themselves regardless of if i'm entirely right or entirely wrong. Having said that, i didn't get that poisonous jab, so i guess i didn't buy that particular conspiracy theory about some deadly virus. What were the exact stats of death rates for healthy young and middle aged adults again Andy M?

The bed wetters here don’t like those stats. They like the stats of the half dead dying with covid to justify the coercion of the healthy population to be injected with an experiment.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 9:56pm

Agreed Burleigh. Hope you're well mate.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 9:56pm

You guys are beautiful :)

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 9:57pm
bluediamond wrote:

hmm. Not sure you entirely understand the context of my post.
I'd rather err on the side of caution and look out for those who can't look out for themselves regardless of if i'm entirely right or entirely wrong. Having said that, i didn't get that poisonous jab, so i guess i didn't buy that particular conspiracy theory about some deadly virus. What were the exact stats of death rates for healthy young and middle aged adults again Andy M?

I love it when you go all white saviour BD.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 10:10pm
AndyM wrote:

You guys are beautiful :)

How’s London going AndyM? If you had it your way more kids would have been jabbed unnecessarily for big pharma gain.

You’re a punish.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 10:10pm
AndyM wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

hmm. Not sure you entirely understand the context of my post.
I'd rather err on the side of caution and look out for those who can't look out for themselves regardless of if i'm entirely right or entirely wrong. Having said that, i didn't get that poisonous jab, so i guess i didn't buy that particular conspiracy theory about some deadly virus. What were the exact stats of death rates for healthy young and middle aged adults again Andy M?

I love it when you go all white saviour BD.

Haha. Cheers for the label Andy M! Might get a badge to declare myself that..because that's all that matters. Alwsys notice when u dont have a reasonable comeback you just go straight out personal Not ideal in constructive discourse.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 10:41pm

No it’s definitely reasonable.
If you rocked up at an indigenous community to “look out for those who can't look out for themselves” you’d get laughed at and told to leave.
See ya BD, hope you’re getting some waves.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 25 Nov 2022 at 10:56pm

Hmm. Lacklustre reply. But all good. Yup surfs been fun.. Wishing the same for you Andy M

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 9:23am

I can't actually think of one conspiracy theory that has been proven to be true, so I would say science 10/10, self-gratifying conspiracy nut-jobs 0/100.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 9:56am
old-dog wrote:

I can't actually think of one conspiracy theory that has been proven to be true, so I would say science 10/10, self-gratifying conspiracy nut-jobs 0/100.

what? All the reasonable ones HAVE come true. Stopping transmission was a big one

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 10:18am

Haha… the old bog proudly exclaims ‘I can’t actually think of one conspiracy theory that has been proven to be true’

Faaark. Really ? ;);)

- Your input can be summarised simply as ‘I can’t actually think’.

This is accurate and factual. You just provided evidence. The data is overwhelming ;);)

…clearly you are a numb nut ;)

I found an interview from the archives of old bog’s intelligence cache … even as a youngster his delusion was strong :

https://m.

Keep holding that torch tho old bog ;)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 10:22am

Inconvenient truth ?
It’s not about right or wrong.
It’s about honesty.
- Accountability too ;)

https://m.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 11:15am

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 11:35am

Depends on perspective.
How does investigative journalism begin? With rumours and/or a whistleblower who believes there is a cover up.
Cigarettes and smoking started as by definition conspiracy theories.
Other way to look at conspiracy theories is they are simply an investigation into uncanny coincidences. Or perhaps a conspiracy theorist believes that the world works by interpersonal relationships, everyone acting in self interest or colluding with someone on either a small or grand scale.

But these days to be termed a “conspiracy theorist” is basically just a modern insult

philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 11:45am

Here is some more of Johnny Cambells work and the current excess death numbers across all age groups.


Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 12:35pm

That data above is quite compelling. It looks like there's something going on for sure with the excess deaths.

Is it vaccine related or longer term effects from getting COVID? None of us can say but I hope it starts getting looked into ASAP.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 1:00pm

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 2:04pm

And what about birth rates % way down? Seeming the poisonous jab really fucked with womens menstrual cycles they better be investigating this also.

But i'm sure they will blame Covid. Roadkill, Olddog, AndyM & Campbell will nod their heads and agree without question like good little coward sheep.

Once thing about Covid is it really gave cowards a voice. People that have done nothing with their life & always sat in the shadows suddenly became "heros" with a voice. Roadkill, AndyM, Campbell and Olddog i'm talking about you lot.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 2:14pm

Malcolm Roberts' low birth rate claim (due to Covid) has been debunked.

(Viewed by date of registration), "the number of births registered in 2021 was almost identical to the five-year, pre-pandemic average (2015-19)."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-25/fact-check-malcolm-roberts-birth-...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 2:27pm

Seeming the poisonous jab really fucked with womens menstrual cycles .........Erm not Really ?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(22)00125-X/fulltext
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/covid-vaccination-lin...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 3:35pm
udo wrote:

Seeming the poisonous jab really fucked with womens menstrual cycles .........Erm not Really ?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(22)00125-X/fulltext
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/covid-vaccination-lin...

Tell that to my good friend who has bled non stop for nearly 1 year. Always a "fact Checker" to "dubunk" it though.

Good doggy Udo. Go see Brad Hazzard for a belly rub.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 6:21pm

Jeez you're a sucker Burls.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 6:27pm
AndyM wrote:

Jeez you're a sucker Burls.

You’re a coward AndyM. Finally after all those years you can beat your chest and get belly rubs from corrupt politicians.

How’s London going?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 6:29pm

Wow mate, you really should go and talk to someone to help deal with what you're going through.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 7:28pm

Seeing how its Dr John Campbell day . Vaccinated v unvaccinated

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 26 Nov 2022 at 7:29pm
AndyM wrote:

Wow mate, you really should go and talk to someone to help deal with what you're going through.

Nah, im just sick and tired of bed wetters like yourself that have never stood for anything in their life, beating their chest because the Covid vaccine finally gave them something to be heard about.

How's London?