Big Wave World Tour

middy's picture
middy started the topic in Saturday, 7 Sep 2013 at 5:54pm

Streaky Bay District Council Minutes August 2013 Indicates Jeff Schmucker has spoken to council about a proposed ASP Big Wave Comp. Here's the link:
https://www.streakybay.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/Minutes%202013-...
At this stage it is just a proposal. It would be an annual event and part of an ASP sanctioned Big Wave Tour. There will be a stakeholder meeting to be held later in the month.

m-c-surfboards's picture
m-c-surfboards's picture
m-c-surfboards Sunday, 20 Oct 2013 at 3:25pm

s-L...MM was tuned this year about the whole exposure thing in SA and after speaking to him and the person who had a chat with him....he gets it.

Up until this year the WC of SA was becoming a haven for surf trips and commercial filming photos etc..because one of the local surfers said it was great to do so...Mr Shmucker is his name....but it seems theres a lot more surfers over there who just want natural organic growth in their surf culture and not a turbo boosted commercially induced surfer explosion.....

MM's down here today surfing a couple of 15' peaks.....just surfin,testing bds and getting ready for Hawaii...

as for the Jetskis,once again it only now seems that everybody is understanding that they should not be among paddle surfers.....its illegal,and the situation in SA is now only being addressed....

as for the situation in Tassie,and you being bitter about it...understandable,and we can all see that if a spot like shippies is found again...maybe like SA...well we have all learnt a lesson no??

s-l's picture
s-l's picture
s-l Sunday, 20 Oct 2013 at 3:51pm

Gonads
I'm picking up the anger i started with. Sorry for any heckling, I can sometimes respond to heckling with heckling.
I'm passionate about NO EXPOSURE and a healthy, happy surfing experience.
So many people are on here with HATE only for the contest.
I just couldn't see why it was ONLY for the contest when the media hounds around the FIFO guys create just as much pressures on the surfing community as a whole.
It seemed people were happy to let that fly, and I took it personally as a grudge I was holding as we've never been threatened with a contest as big as this.
we had a WQS here on the NW. lucky its cold.
As for the bagging Smuker AND SA locals, there's lots on here bagging Smuker for doing what themselves or their associates are doing, jetski in lineup, and I'm no fan no matter what side of the contest debate you're on.
I can't tell who the locals, frequent vistors, or even Smuker is on the thing, too many different people pretending to be someone else or whatever. Smuker is the local too right?

MC
I hate to single anyone out, it just so happen that the more well known surfers cop most of the brunt. Also i'd be interested to know how many times the locals with the voice on this thread have had words expressing their thoughts on the matter with MM. some are angry on here but are too scared, shy, or even embarrssed to express it in person.
I myself found it difficult to express myself in the very few instances I had the chance to as I was worried that others that were STARSTRUCK at the time might see me as a negative or jealous person.

peace

cheers for clearing that up.

wcgland's picture
wcgland's picture
wcgland Sunday, 20 Oct 2013 at 5:13pm

@gonads and MC..there is nothing you can do about FIFO exposure..you say Marky was worded up?didn't seem like it on his fb account! Ask Koby what he thinks..To him ALL of Australia is his right to surf..Fair call I rekon..Once again it gets back to no-one owns the waves..
@MC here you are crapping on about defending areas from exposure..but you have based your whole life around making money out of surfing or should I say career! seems to me you want your cake but stop everyone else from eting theirs!
So are you saying your not in the new Tim Bonython film when it comes out? or storm surfers?
And what if some of the locals want to make a career out of pro surfing? shouldn't they be afforded the right like you have?
You guys don't even know what you want..on one hand its yeah we want people to come ova and enjoy our beautiful coastline..then the next its like nah get fuckd fuckn touro's! talk about split personality!!pfft

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 20 Oct 2013 at 5:25pm

The picture is a towsurfer riding wave . Nobody dropping in. and I dunno who , but he's natural foot

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 20 Oct 2013 at 5:26pm

Google it and have a looks

drjeffie-mrhyde_2's picture
drjeffie-mrhyde_2 Sunday, 20 Oct 2013 at 11:38pm

JEFFIE: YOU Jeffie are a complete and utter tool the shit that constantly flows from your mouth is astounding.
HYDE: I concur and dont blame the voice in your head now jeffie its just your good nature.
JEFFIE: By the way hyde which personality am I today
HYDE: Not sure jeffie theres to many to choose from

redneck's picture
redneck's picture
redneck Monday, 21 Oct 2013 at 8:14am

wcgland ,all of australia is everyones right to surf. Thats not the debate. Its how you conduct yourself when you travel.

When you are a visitor you should have respect for how the locals do business in their area.

On one hand you want everyone to respect your proclaimed 4th generation local title but then attempt to discredit locals elsewhere because they have different ideas to yours.

Its very apparent to all through multiple forums that you are quite possibly the biggest idiot in the history of Australian surfing.

m-c-surfboards's picture
m-c-surfboards's picture
m-c-surfboards Monday, 21 Oct 2013 at 8:58am

s-L, so far no one but yourself has raised the MM issue...which was mentioned to me last wek in a conversation I had with one of the Locals from Streaky..

he actually told me that MM had gone elsewhere after talking to him on his last trip.

Up until the last few months ....the WC of A had a reputation based on Mr Shmuckers commercial antics and HIS invitation to one and all to c'mon over ya can film ,photos whatever.......even an international comp....

So the good news is that there has been a backlash from the majority of the Surfers who live there...and we have now seen that there is a new code of behavior being developed by the local surfers.......great turning a negative into a positive.

As for you Mr WC Land....the world is a very different place to 40 years ago,even 5 years ago.....I don't surf or shape for the primary goal of $'s,never have,its called a passion.....mistakes have been made in the past,with the exposure of surfing spots and the publishing of Photos.release of movies......did you ever see a "a day in the life of Wayne Lynch?...................try and name a spot......even in the 70's Wayne and I never exposed the actual spots or even coasts.......

Just for the record WCL....I don't make much money,I love what I do,but when I see something that looks like a potential disaster ,hey I weigh into the debate with my 1st hand experiences and give my opinion based on my real life experiences..which is 40 years not having a real job,being a surfer/shaper....

I wouldn't recommend to anyone to become a s/bd shaper.....if its $'s they are looking for.....

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 21 Oct 2013 at 9:41am

@Not your nackie,

Mate, c'mon, belittling people with disabilities? Seriously..? I've deleted that comment. Post anymore like it and I'll delete your account. This applies to anyone so ethically bereft they'd try to score points off less fortunate folk.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 21 Oct 2013 at 10:13am

I did see a day in the life, not for many years now. Would you like me to draw a list up for you on this very public forum, most of the breaks on that film are well known.

s-l's picture
s-l's picture
s-l Tuesday, 22 Oct 2013 at 6:56am

MC
I don't agree
hopefully thats ok.
its a dicussion

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 21 Oct 2013 at 9:11pm

s-l ,
the worst thing that can happen is people openly name names and especially name waves after their location , be it geographically or by the local town . Jeff unashamedly does this , and is what got me involved in talking on an open website about such poor form . Argueably its his and his local friends that should be maintaining what stance they have about how much or how descriptive any talk should be . Since its possible that most people for years that surfed such spots never spoke to anyone about them that didn't already know of them then perhaps thats why one such location is named after the Nearby town .
Problem is not only was that rule stamped all over by Jeff , Tim B has to go and take footage from a certain angle that completely and utterly gives its location away .
And considering i know that coast but never seen that particular wave break , it has left this Victorian (and others Australia wide) , Bitter .......
Locals define ( well that should be the ethics of it ) the way in which they expect others to treat certain spots .
ie :- if people turn purple even at the mention of a camera phone , then best you leave all electronic devices at the last town , compared with " here's that wave u may or may not have known about or looking for , and the best place to upload your cinematic quality video to the South American tourist board is Here ,,,,,, X .

I beleive thats why there is so much angst towards Jeff . He is making things easy for FIFO's have an exception to previous unwritten codes . Of which it had taken years of Folklore to create . ;-(

s-l's picture
s-l's picture
s-l Tuesday, 22 Oct 2013 at 7:08am

MC
does it matter if no one has raised MM issue? Does going somewhere else make it better?
I'm sure no one raised the stormsurfers issue as they flew in and out on a windy shitty swell that the locals didn't surf. Made for geat viewing! But does that mean it didn't affect the area? NO!

Does wcgland have any truth in your stormsurfers or Tim bonithen movie appearances?
if so, how were the peanuts? if not, theres just more lies fromthe village idiot!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Tuesday, 22 Oct 2013 at 12:09pm

Hi s-l...this is MC....just can't remember my MC password......ah the ol feral fossils memory is a former shadow of its former self...

just for the record again....I have nothing to do with Tim B,let alone appearances,have not been in any Stormsurfers.......so no truth what so ever .....

RCJ does his own thing with Stormriders......are you saying he went to Shippies on a shity swell??

The thing with Shippies is everybody now knows you can go and tow /paddle with a film crew ....as the precedent has been set.....

as for MM like I said its a work in progress and MM is evolving his commercial side to work within respect Parameters established by the majority of surfers at any spot..

s-l's picture
s-l's picture
s-l Tuesday, 22 Oct 2013 at 2:07pm

Ah,
hehe, the old blame game. Sorry for the peanuts call, was only there if the truth was in the tale.

No, I just meant that if a tree falls in the woods, does it still make a noise? (MM going elsewhere).
And when RCJ and TC went to Shippies once it was horrendous and there were no locals surfing there. Maybe even one of the HX brothers took them. Either TC was got hurt or it was that bad he didn't surf.
yeah it's a media playground, there just happens to be a minority group of locals that don't like all the hype, as we get way fewer waves when there's media there. We might not surf it much, but when it's forecast to be good, we get over run. It's unfortunate, but as we work we can't take all the good days off. It's a struggle ringing around to find out if the stars are all coming down, cause when they do it's not worth taking the day off to surf our own local prime spot. Then they have the hide at last minute to pull the pin, leaving me stranded at work when i could of had a peaceful surf with a few of the boys. Just having my own little struggle!

peace

middy's picture
middy's picture
middy Tuesday, 22 Oct 2013 at 6:16pm

Life is to short to waste on hate and I speak from experience. I can remember when the Bombie was first surfed and the exiliration of sitting out to sea watching the backs of the waves that broke while waiting to catch one on the corner of the reef. I remember my first drop like it was yesterday.it was May 1987 and Jeff was out there in his boat with a Beano, Roger, the late Craig Hickey and I can't remember who else but there were a couple more. My mate Dwayne Thuys was over with Jentzo, both Cubbies. Dwayne was/is a force of nature and at the time a World Ironman Champion.Not wanting to miss out he talked Jentzo and I into paddling out from Goalposts , the nearest beach. I wasn't keen on the idea but Dwayne was the Pied Piper and like rats we followed him. We came round from the back and had no idea what the wave look liked but we were soon to find out. It wasn't 20',but a perfect 10' with not a breath of wind. We were all insanely under gunned, I was riding my7' Grovelle and can still remember surviving my first wave and the hum of the fins down the face. Dwayne's Ironman confidence shone through making 2 crazy waves before taking the biggest wipeout I'd ever witnessed only to surface with a mad cackle. Jeff caught some Bombs on an archaic 8' single fin he'd borrowed. Soon after a real set marched through and took everyone out but Dwayne and I who were way inside. The boys were gone eventually tombstoning boards appeared 100 metres inside. Everyone out there jagged a couple of waves that day that will stay with them till they die. That was the end of our first surf at the Bombie and the beginning of our first tentative steps into legitimate big wave surfing. Since those early days many surfers have written there own stories paddling and later towing. Everyone of them stoked on that first wave. The surfing world is so much more complicated now. In 1987 had some one told me about the Internet I would have laughed and said you're dreaming. But here we are our tribal nature magnified a 1000 times through forums such as this. Had a coffee with Jeff and Yarni at the Bakery today had lots of laughs like we used to. Just talking' shit from Competitions to kids. I have history with Jeff from the red hot country grom to very public challenging a 40 year old mans use of a jet ski. With been friends and enemies in the old' fashion way. Both intransigent neither prepared to budge. What's come out of the Big Wave World Tour meetings which Jeff asked me to attend (representing Environmental issues) was real conversation . Sitting down face to face not pulling punches and saying what needs to be said. I took that opportunity and I cannot complain about not been given a voice. The Competition is not going ahead yet the vitereol continues . I'm not going to hate anybody for a different opinion regarding this matter. It's wasted emotion that doesn't allow you to move on and eats away at you. The future of Surfing on Eyre Peninsula cannot be imagined anymore than I could have foreseen the future from my first surf at the Bombie till now .There will be unimaginable change yet we will still go surfing. I can't advise anyone on how to feel but find your own way be part of the process it's not too hard. We are not here for a long time.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 1:20am

Good one middy. Yeh, its hilarious Jeff was one of the first guys to surf there. And tow in the state.

Dwayne Thuys was a machine at black's too, unreal surfer. I tried to tell him to stop riding pathetic washthroughs and get up to the biggest, meanest wave, caves. He wouldn't listen.

Here's some more history. I drove up to caves, called into Jeffs and kingy was there stoked as jeff had taken him towing all day (again) and they were amping, showed me all these photos, were amping for the morning. Kingy was so stoked that jeff was letting him use all his gear, showing him how to do it, then as he sped off to sleep he backed into jeffs new car... hilarious! But everyone used to come and stay with jeff then, and borrow his ski, and all his gear, all of them, absolutely everyone in the state, it was all new. He let everyone use all his gear, that old beat up ski. Then they bought their own skis, became legends of the snow, and wouldn't lend em to him.

I met the head of this west coast surf thing in the Lincoln meeting. Andy. last time I saw him he was Jeff's decky, jeff had brought him to blacks, and he was the same, borrowing all jeffs shit. So thats what I said, i figured they were friends, didn't realise all the latest drama, until everyone filled me in.

Here's the real history.

Kingy pioneered towing at the bombie.

Jeff was andy joy's deckie for years, borrowed all his shit

Southy surfed everywhere and never told anyone, and one day single handedly barrowed two pours back to back in elliston

Blacks was too small and just a washthrough for mozza cole, 65, or was it 75, or maybe 85 years ago, so he went and rode ferocious caves. Lyncho, franky, gumby, laird, kelly and the brazzo's seen 'im, and he timed the peak of the swell eh! (moose said it was the best, best day ever, better than all the other days)

Wordy is a burly hulk who's dad built a shed in elliston in 1843. Instant local status.

Have i left anything out?

Oh yeh, stu and ben said 'hi Mick, hi Pete'... awarded permanent local, local status.

Ramjet or sam, cant remember which one, were heavyweight boxing champs of australia... or coulda been, or were gonna be, can't remember.

Chooka tamed a swarm of killer bees and sicked em on to Lomby at Sheringa.

Thats about it.

Oh yeh, gateso would love to kill Uplift, but is helpless to do anything about it.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 1:34am

Ooops, I nearly forgot, Brian nearly won the biggest wave at the bombie with his photos years ago, it was the biggest out of all the millions they all submitted.

And camlster sponsored me with wetsuits... thanks buddy! ( just a nostalgic bit of the spiritual side of surfing shining through!)

notyournackie's picture
notyournackie's picture
notyournackie Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 9:00am

Ahh. Uplift. Wondering when your ramblings would begin. Where have you been? Never seen you at the bombie so at least we won't hear endless stories of your heroic efforts there hopefully. Thank god for spellcheck and keyboards as in real life it's quite hard to understand you eh mumbles?
One and I mean one photo of brian on a big day slipped out and was submitted to the big wave awards by someone else but why let that ruin your big story eh?
You and Jeff are the same any way mate both kooks but you can lift a dumbbell but Jeff is just dumb.
Do you know kingie? No you don't. So how the fuck can you comment on what went on?
You seem to know all about everyone else but no one knows anything about Michael Bourne. Means you have done nothing worth us talking about or remembering ,pathetic mumbles

grog-an's picture
grog-an's picture
grog-an Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 5:57am

Bahahahahaha... Up skirt, you left out the part about you being the 9 times winner of the boiled egg eating competition in Elly!!! Hahaha

drjeffie-mrhyde_2 Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 9:49am

JEFFIE: Hey upstart is onboard with us hyde
HYDE: Great is he that guy that wears skin tight skivvies like the wiggles
at the gym
JEFFIE: Yreah that him he is also famous for charging washthroughs at blacks
HYDE: Right who else can we recruit
JEFFIE: Wat about up the hills
HYDE: Lets head up to his place for a bbq I can smell the local wildlife cookin away. I wonder if we will get a feed of poached rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb.

stray-gator_2's picture
stray-gator_2's picture
stray-gator_2 Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 10:43am

Here's the real history.

I pioneered bombing at the local pool. Pity it had been drained the night before.

I was andy's joy for years.

I didnt surf anywhere but told everyone i met that i did. One day I single handedly bored the entire population back in elliston into jumping off the cliff at blacks

(moose said it was the worst day ever, worse than when he was forced to rescue and resuscitate me after I got hit by a rogue 4 footer at Caves and squealed like a stuck pig)

Have i left anything out?

Oh yeh, I was the heavyweight basketball champn of the country. Or the district. Or the south side of the east end of my road... or coulda been, or were gonna be, can't remember.

Thats about it.

Oh yeh, i'd love to have yous blokes all love me, but yous have seen thru me and have worked out that i'm hopeless

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 10:59am

@ winkie, with a long stint living at elliston can you confirm did uplift ever charge huge washthrough blacks..............the other mick certainly did......but did mr bourne ?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 11:37am

Middy, that's an amazing post and recount of history our the bommie. I always heard the tales of Dwayne paddling all the way out there from shore, crazy! Thanks for sharing!

kellyslater's picture
kellyslater's picture
kellyslater Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 12:04pm

Schmakos has flown the coop, he's now pimping the wc on coastalwatch. Check out the front page today

smelly-dog's picture
smelly-dog's picture
smelly-dog Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013 at 4:25pm

the way this is going reminds me of the old schoolyard but back then you would sort it face to face then get over it . may you all move on

grog-an's picture
grog-an's picture
grog-an Thursday, 24 Oct 2013 at 7:31am

upskirt started it.....

notyournackie's picture
notyournackie's picture
notyournackie Thursday, 24 Oct 2013 at 8:15am

Good story middy. I have seen some of those clubbies like dwayne and Trevor Hendy in the surf and they are true watermen and shred too!
Jeffs recount of that session was a little different as he called it 20 foot and was paddling in with one arm as the other one was being used to eat cream buns at the time.
Up skirt missed that surf as he was taking off 100 metres behind pimples and backdooring the wash through and flicking off just before the anxious bay boat ramp where the townsfolk were there to chair him up the beach on their shoulders and reward him with boiled eggs and potatoes!
Glad it looks like the weather patterns are changing can we stop this and go surfing?
Lots of love and peace to you all especially both your personalities Jeff!
Over and out. Hoooooot!!

notyournackie's picture
notyournackie's picture
notyournackie Thursday, 24 Oct 2013 at 8:14am

Ps. Sorry one more
JEFF STARTED IT!

middy's picture
middy's picture
middy Thursday, 24 Oct 2013 at 11:35am

Hey Nackie, this is addictive. I've been corrected, it was 89 and to add to the story, Dwayne and Trevor seemed to make trips to Streaky every few years back then and always scored it pumping. In the autumn of2000 they arrived with a 750cc jet ski and tales and video of towing massive Snapper with Kelly Slater. They informed me he was going to come with them but pulled out at the last moment. I didn't know what to think, 1/2 of me relishing the idea of watching the man in action, the other 1/2 freaking out.I laugh thinking about it now, as he would have had a great time without the circus that ensued 13 years later. You're right , both Trevor and Dwayne are great surfers in their own right and charged as hard as anyone I have seen over here. After surfing our local slab one morning the swell began to kick and it was decided to give the Bombie a go on the ski. At this stage it had never been towed apart from Troy having a shot with a tinny not long before.This was around the time when Laird Hamiltons exploits at Jaws had been flooding the surfing world for a couple of years. As Lifesavers, these lads had access and training and being surfers had got plenty of practice in the Cyclone swells on the Goldy. I rang my best mate Speed, (he and Dwayne were boyhood mates from their days as Seacliff Nippers) to say it was on and meet at Goalposts. Speed had built his life around surfing the local slab and never missed a day. As a teacher he would regularly rock in to class with his sinuses blowing saltwater and all his "sickies" coincided with north easterly winds. Anyway on this particular day he'd decided to pull his craypots and missed the morning surf so he wasn't happy. On top of that, as he sat in his car at Goalposts, listening to the radio his beloved Carlton were getting flogged. I took his place taking his 8' mal and Dwaynes camera we putted out. Again it was'nt big, barely 10' but oil with an outgoing tide.The boys dropped me off in the channel on the mal with the camera. In the late afternoon I witnessed a revelation as I'd never seen tow surfing before apart from film. So many waves caught, bottom turns, big top turns and roundhouse cutbacks. They were having so much fun, it seemed surreal sitting out there in the light that hits the West Coast just before sunset. The boys finally pulled up next to me and asked If I wanted ago. I didn't think I could get up on the small board they were using so I used the mal. I believe I hold the record for the smallest wave ever ridden out there, tow or paddle. Dwayne took a photo of it from the back of the ski barely crumbling and I hate to say it but I've got the Poo stance goin ' on. I still laugh when I see it. Anyway this ones for Speed, never afraid to paddle up the inside of his mate but back at the shack all was forgiven as he shoved a crayfish sandwich on homemade bread into one hand and an ice cold one into the other.

notyournackie's picture
notyournackie's picture
notyournackie Friday, 25 Oct 2013 at 3:59am

Your right middy

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 25 Oct 2013 at 1:35am

You've got absolutely no idea nackless. Speedy used to love coming to elliston with all the streaky basketballers, to play some basketball with me, and didn't mind getting his butt kicked. I used to literally have a ball with em, as basketball was relatively new over there, and the reality is I played at the level I've mentioned, and they enjoyed experiencing that. We got on really well, he didn't mind getting flogged at basketball, as he was so competitive anyway, and loved challenges, and wasn't threatened by anything like that. He loved the wave up there so much, had it wired, and it was a buzz calling in on him when he lived out there, and surfing with him and looking at all his photos, and talking surf. He didn't come to elliston much to surf, but we always had fun when he did. You can dribble all the stupid shit you like, you'll just be insulting him and his memory.

Streaky was always a weird place surfing wise, looking in from the outside, so many warring, seperate factions in the surf world up there, all over each other.

As middy mentioned, jeff literally was the red hot grommet, way back then, and that alone rubbed the 'hotties' up the wrong way, and started a lot of all this snow-balling shit I reckon.

grog-an's picture
grog-an's picture
grog-an Friday, 25 Oct 2013 at 10:04am

Only one person dribbling shit around here that i can see up skirt. Fill that gob of yours with a few more boiled eggs and hopefully the dribbling will stop

old grey's picture
old grey's picture
old grey Friday, 1 Nov 2013 at 10:43pm

why not let the big wave happen not only will it raise the profile of your town but it will help employment , by the sound of it you just want your break not to get to crowded or the town,
some of you stakeholders need to form a sub-committee and get the ball rolling with council and the ASP so that the multi nationals companies and the council boffens don't hijack it and take the money. there are many ways to skin a cat.
bells is awesome for the west coast and what's wrong with raising the profile of a great sport

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 2 Nov 2013 at 1:04pm

Why not? Indeed old grey, you could probably find 10 valid reasons in the 8 pages of this thread. From what I have seen there is enough employment for those who want to work, yes some probably would not look forward to a crowded town as the facilities, such as health ect. are probably under funded as it is so you won't get an increase in funding from the new government, just because more people have moved out there.
Bells is awesome for the people who come to see Bells, not for the people that live around Bells.
Some on here reckon I'm a troll, but old grey you've been edging towards reopening this can of worms since you signed on, your a shit stirrer smucko.
Why don't ya lock this thread, how many rounds can this go.

luv-the-mid's picture
luv-the-mid's picture
luv-the-mid Wednesday, 11 Dec 2013 at 5:57pm

I think the comp would be great one day out of the year I hope folks can see the light and under stand its a good thing cheers Billy :-)

s-l's picture
s-l's picture
s-l Wednesday, 18 Dec 2013 at 3:39pm

CAML !!!!!
DOES SPEAKING UP AGAINST A COMP MEAN YOU CAN THEN PROMOTE THE WAVE AT THE SAME LOCATION?
HOW MANY WAVES CAN YOU PUT ON THE ASL/OAKLEY BIG WAVE AWARDS SITE FROM THE SQUASHED BIG WAVE EVENT LOCATION?
DOES NAMIMG IT A DIFFERENT LOCATION VOID THE HATE FROM THE LOCALS?
IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ROWLEY? AND THE LOCALS WHERE HE SURFS DON'T EVEN SURF THAT WAVE!
MC, DOES IT WORK FOR YOU? REDNECK? WCGLAND? WESTCOAST BOARDRIDERS?
SEEMS LIKE THERES A CERTAIN CLICK IN THE BIG WAVE / REMOTE AREA ARENA!

YOU GUYS DESERVE ALL THE PRESS YOU GET,
SO ONE EYED IT'S NOT FUNNY.

BRING ON THE CROWD BOYS.
AND CAMERAS, GOOD ENOUGH FOR CAML ...... GOOD ENOUGH FOR OTHERS!!!!!!

HYPOCRICY AT ITS BEST

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 18 Dec 2013 at 3:51pm

Big key. Far left of the keyboard. Press it.

superflyte's picture
superflyte's picture
superflyte Wednesday, 18 Dec 2013 at 5:19pm
stunet wrote:

Big key. Far left of the keyboard. Press it.

Comment of the day. Classic!

redneck's picture
redneck's picture
redneck Friday, 20 Dec 2013 at 7:14pm

s-l, whats ya address i would like to send some tissues to you for christmas.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 20 Dec 2013 at 7:34pm

some good viewing coming up with a BWWT comp about to start on the 22nd in the basque country.

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Sunday, 22 Dec 2013 at 9:04am

I only read page 1 of this thread but had to have a laugh.
I wasn't aware the environment was so fragile, or is the only fragile thing the blokes opposed to people visiting a dead end street town and putting a bit of money into your local area.
It would be no different to christmas time.
Towns get flooded with visitors, surfers and fisherman over the holidays.
Surely Christmas and Easter visitors are having a greater environmental threat to this coastline, yet do we jump up and down and have a cry about that, sign a petition so that no one can visit and make personal threats to people who have family or friends visiting them ? doubt it.
Good luck to all involved, I'll be a bit further out to the west gettting tubed with a good mate and sharing beers in the carpark with the locals. Even with interstate number plates, people can still be friends. haha

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Sunday, 22 Dec 2013 at 9:05am

I only read page 1 of this thread but had to have a laugh.
I wasn't aware the environment was so fragile, or is the only fragile thing the blokes opposed to people visiting a dead end street town and putting a bit of money into your local area.
It would be no different to christmas time.
Towns get flooded with visitors, surfers and fisherman over the holidays.
Surely Christmas and Easter visitors are having a greater environmental threat to this coastline, yet do we jump up and down and have a cry about that, sign a petition so that no one can visit and make personal threats to people who have family or friends visiting them ? doubt it.
Good luck to all involved, I'll be a bit further out to the west gettting tubed with a good mate and sharing beers in the carpark with the locals. Even with interstate number plates, people can still be friends. haha

hem-stret's picture
hem-stret's picture
hem-stret Sunday, 22 Dec 2013 at 6:56pm

Im sure the area really needs any more money. Im really sure the area needs to spread its legs for some glory chasers and a never was hanger on. Im sure people really need to sit their fat guts in front of a TV and watch another of Australias little "dead end Streets" get raped by a corporate entity and 1 parasite local. You dont need hollywood to feel the love. The fishos fished it out long ago, its mainly Adelaide crew who go there to get away from the big smoke. They crowd into the caravan park and live on top of each other anyway. Next year the caravaners will probably be in the carpark where youre going, in fact Ive heard theres mobs chasing even those novelty waves (barrels, really?), and unless youre a FIFO miner you probably wont be able to afford the camping fee's there. I tell you where they need more clowns like yourself uncle leroy, movieworld or some other commercial funpark where you can have it all served right up. Maybe even get a photo of yourself on the rollercoaster, and dont the theme parks need your cash! Support the workers there, where they earn $6 ph working as casuals, Australias got plenty of that rubbish on the gold coast and dont need anymore. Buy the sticker too, IJLC, the "I just love crowds" . Even better, go to Maroubra and stroke the ego.

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Sunday, 22 Dec 2013 at 8:02pm
hem-stret wrote:

Im sure the area really needs any more money. Im really sure the area needs to spread its legs for some glory chasers and a never was hanger on. Im sure people really need to sit their fat guts in front of a TV and watch another of Australias little "dead end Streets" get raped by a corporate entity and 1 parasite local. You dont need hollywood to feel the love. The fishos fished it out long ago, its mainly Adelaide crew who go there to get away from the big smoke. They crowd into the caravan park and live on top of each other anyway. Next year the caravaners will probably be in the carpark where youre going, in fact Ive heard theres mobs chasing even those novelty waves (barrels, really?), and unless youre a FIFO miner you probably wont be able to afford the camping fee's there. I tell you where they need more clowns like yourself uncle leroy, movieworld or some other commercial funpark where you can have it all served right up. Maybe even get a photo of yourself on the rollercoaster, and dont the theme parks need your cash! Support the workers there, where they earn $6 ph working as casuals, Australias got plenty of that rubbish on the gold coast and dont need anymore. Buy the sticker too, IJLC, the "I just love crowds" . Even better, go to Maroubra and stroke the ego.

haha
i think you've been spending too much time on the internet buddy.
throw a wettie, board and the pooch into the back of the truck and head down for a surf and have a relax

ps. I do work FIFO but you weren't to know : )

hem-stret's picture
hem-stret's picture
hem-stret Monday, 23 Dec 2013 at 7:51am

I used to go there quite often. Very often. Maybe even lived close for years.Too many f.....s there now. Even when the rockers surrounded sacred heart boarders and pulled the head off the Mary statue with a car and rope, magic mountain looked like a pile of s...t at the bay, S.A used to go off. The house was in some sort of order. Of course the interstaters cheer on the death of the S.A local.
Agreed though, not enough surf time, too much work time. And Im playing the stupid game keeping this thread going. I just hope when your sharing beers with the SA crew youre extending the courtesies of your backyard and where to find some of the quieter waves, like f...k you would be. Also cheering on the fact instead of my aussie bucks going to some of the local industries, backyard board repairers and 'vege' growers, my dollars go overseas. Instead of a day drive and filling the car up near Pygery, I have to spend 4 days flying somewhere. The place deserved to live in hushed tones and whispers, not neon lights with shopping centre crowds. Too earnest, too nostalgic, but at least i can learn from history.

s-l's picture
s-l's picture
s-l Monday, 23 Dec 2013 at 1:53pm

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE Australian Surf Movie Festival. (sorry about the caps lock).
It's advertising right above this forum. Now!
Gunna have Kelly and Hippo and crew in the South Oz desert.
Can't wait to see the part in it where all the South Oz crew tell Kelly to piss off!
Because they don't want him spreading all this media and selling out their waves and towns.
It will be like the time when they told the bra boys the same!
oh, that was NEVER! EVER.
Bunch of whingers crying about a contest, but when reality strikes they're star struck and kiss arse, or tolerate it at the least, then set up organisations to stop a contest.
CAML got even more photo's on a Big Wave Contest site!
Not as good as this next Australian Surf Movie Festival though,
that'll tour the whole country showing every coastal town the delights of Streaky Bay and it's surrounds.
Bet redneck and a bunch of anti contest guys will be paying Tim bucks to see their slice of paradise exposed to the world, who knows, they (and MC) might even have a shot in the background somewhere!
lol
send me the tissues redneck
i'm crying lol

hem-stret's picture
hem-stret's picture
hem-stret Monday, 23 Dec 2013 at 4:34pm

theres a great sequence online somewhere that shows KAbberton getting dropped in on in indo somewhere, then a bloke bails his board and takes out KA in the tube whilst the spray from the drop in is still in his face. I LOVED that, lets make all australian breaks just like that! LOL

OLD MATE's picture
OLD MATE's picture
OLD MATE Friday, 27 Dec 2013 at 9:29am

Good to see this comp isn't going to happen for the future of the area. Comps are for heroes that just like to show off anyway, surfing is about having fun with mates and enjoying what nature has given us which a lot of people take for granted and think they own nature just cos they are on this earth and think that gives them the right to phuck it up for future generations. Really sad the way some people act in and out of the water sometimes, especially when ur out by urself getting a few waves and a few dickheads paddle out, sit right next to u and in front of u and don't even say hello. It's getting worse with the amount of dickheads that surf these days too, they all think their on the world tour at 2ft seaford thinking they are the next world champ hassling and dropping in for shit waves. Get over the comp shit and think back to why you started surfing, most people will say for FUN.

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Sunday, 29 Dec 2013 at 12:16am
hem-stret wrote:

theres a great sequence online somewhere that shows KAbberton getting dropped in on in indo somewhere, then a bloke bails his board and takes out KA in the tube whilst the spray from the drop in is still in his face. I LOVED that, lets make all australian breaks just like that! LOL

Got a link for that hem stret? Hilarious, I cant think of anyone who deserves that more than KA