Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 10:02am

Super freak I’m would be surprised if there wasn’t ivermectin available for use from docs ?It’s been around a while..
Anti parasitic and treats other things too I think .
Also used widely in the vet industry I believe ( horses and cows )

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 10:04am
evosurfer wrote:

Im getting my 1st jab tomorrow if I grow two heads turn into a murderous
zombie get really sick hear voices in my head from government departments turn into a assassin for some secrete world domination organisation feel im been tracked by a government satellite around my house or stub my toe I will let you know. All I know is at my useless old age I seriously dont care I just want to be good to go OS if the boarders ever allow I havent got long left to surf real waves im struggling now. Finally if Pharmaceutical companies are making billions saving the world from this hideous CHINA virus good for them.

@evo , I get my second jab today , they brought it forward 6 days, last time I had man flu for 2 days then surfing again on days 3&4 but day 5 I went down with a viral throat infection and not good for 1 week. Shared before what happened. Just be aware that your immune system “ MAY “ be down for a little while . I hadn’t had a flu or throat infection for over 20 years . I’m in the same boat as you as far as not too many years left surfing waves of consequence and hanging to get back to indo for waves not just for my wife’s sake off being reunited with family . Good luck buddy.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 10:30am

Saltyone and everyone else I think you all should remember that China most
likely released this virus deliberately for world destabilisation and eventual world domination its Chinas strategy they are gearing up just look at how China is moving quietly into the pacific and other areas the world should be on alert.
Supafreak im hearing you.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 11:14am

"...“Telehealth “ And internet for suicidal tendencies ( reliance on tech )"

ST tele-therapy? FK YEAH!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 1:44pm

@evo , just about to get jabbed and looked at the date , rolled the dice and ……… if you don’t hear from me …. somethings up.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 4:46pm

Supafreak's Full Monty Vaccinate or Not...special occasion losing one's Vaxinity...

"May the Vax spawn within You!"

Vax Joke!
Don't worry... Hesitants won't get it.

Doctor : 'You may get a small Headache!'
Patient : "Ouch!"
Doctor: 'Now, are you ready to Vax!'

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 7:49pm

Thanks TBB , have you had a look at Merck’s new drug treatment ? hope it works better than remdesivir .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 9:43pm

Check that ...Lab trouble brewed up real fast during Supafreak's National Service.
Aug 2nd US Origin 'Republican Report'
Says it's time to dismiss Wet Market.
State that US funded Chinese modified Virus leaked from WIV prior to 12th Sept 2019.
https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/us-republican-report-coronavir...
Sure! Ordinarily, people would laugh this off...
Sounds scary! Just in case, we can run a recap timeline & see what evil thing pops out!
tbb's timeline...
2nd Aug Fort Detrick Military Lab shut down.
14th Aug Hong Kong Rallies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2019%E2%80%932020_Hong_Kon...(August_2019)
tbb recommends to view Photos of Rallies
China's long history of using chemicals / Flu Virus for dispersing uprisings.
See photos of Civic Umbrellas / Face Masks (vs) Security Hazmat Masks.
Note: China were upping the Game day by day...can't rule out any leaders being infected.

4th Sept Gates signs up mRNA Trials with BionTech/Pfizer
12th Sept WIV Data Base goes offline
16th Sept Russian Lab Explosion
18th Sept Wuhan Airport Coronavirus Outbreak Drill > Masks + Heat Guns
23rd Sept WIV Shi Zhengli Hosts infectious Disease Sino / France (WIV) (Diplomatic) Forum in Lyon.
23-24 Sept CAS host Asian Cold Chain Conference >WM Games > Europe Teams next in same Hotel.
25th Sept ( Earliest peer reviewed Chinese Covid Sequencing Date )
Sept Hong Kong Rallies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2019%E2%80%932020_Hong_Kon...(September_2019)
During Covid...China uses Emergency Law to take back control of Hong Kong

tbb can't see if Lab Leak has a WMG motive...but doesn't need one now, as Origin has gone Ballistic.

As US Report is soon public the whole origin deal sees deck chairs being tossed overboard...
(Tip: Can flick thru to latest News -Below)

Report must have traced the Virus back to this Lab Worker (Reported or Witness?) = Smoking Gun.

Ralph Mouth's squeaky Mouse is leaking again. (This is just a check as timelines are converging)
Not much in it but it's a solid honest News wrap & may prove useful in coming days!
https://unherd.com/2021/08/how-china-could-win-the-lab-leak-debate/

China are playing spin the bunsen burner & turning up the heat on Joe!
Again this is heating up by the hour...will likely read different next time!
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/06/china/china-covid-origin-mic-intl-hnk...

WHO Peter Embarek monkey flips & is now jumpin' madly pointing to a Dingbat from the Basement.
https://www.newsweek.com/wuhan-lab-worker-bat-infection-probable-covid-o...
Reckons the WIV Lab Worker is Covid #1...Again! Pretty wild but changes little until right now...Bingo!

Right now WHO are backing their man & are demanding WIV cough up the Covid.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/13/who-urges-china-to-share-raw-da...

That's right! WHO are queue jumpin' Joe's Smoking Gun...Sure! Ok! To put out a few Spot Fires!
China vs US both have rising Covid + World is Mopping up Vax Rollout Climate Change.
Temperatures are heating up on eve of Report...but Lab Rats are jumping off WIV sinking ship sooner.
Cowards are gonna blame a naughty Lab Bat...not the Evil Professor that fucked it & bit it's head off!

ABC report on China Covid!
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-13/china-sticks-with-coronavirus-eli...

Better get a Ute Load of Loo Paper...
Hot Tip! tbb enquired as to why Baked Beans were outta Stock...Woolies stacker...Nope! No more...gone!
tbb asked ...Wot! 'Lockdowns & No Foreseeable Shipments'...(People sussed this day was coming!)
Load up Rations before the ACA sponsored Woolies Vax fight spills over into a Bun Fight...Kill Kill Kill.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 11:13pm

18th March 2020 - WHO Solidarity Therapeutics
(1200 patients 500 Hospitals 43 Countries)
*Remdesivir (Not Conclusive > WHO are not fans of it) Remains on the List for Shareholders.
*Hydroxychloroquine (end 20th June 2020)
*Lopinavir/Ritonavir (end 4th July 2020)
*Interferon (Slight improvements via Nebulizer)
(Check: These May have been added at a later date?) Recall Trump (New- Experimental Drugs)
*Dexamethasone (Reduced death by 1/3)
*Tocilizumab (Slight improvement to Deaths)

12th Aug 2021 - WHO Solidarity +
(600 Hospitals in 52 Countries)
*Artesunato (EPCA) Anti Inflammatory > Malaria Shot each day over 7/days
*Imatinib (Novartis) Reverse Lung Damage > Cancer Pill Daily 14 days
*Infliximab (J&J) Placates wild Immune Response > Crohn's Disease / Arthritis Shots Single dose
https://thesaxon.org/how-is-solidarityplus-the-international-study-to-te...

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 4:41am

I discovered this “platform” in video below at the beginning of last year . As stated it is incredibly detailed and complex and would’ve been years in the making .Pretty mind blowing .
World economic forum.
Partnered also with World Health Organisation.
Funded by .. ( follow the money )

WHO and WEF Plan ( article from last year March 2020)

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/wef-and-who-launch-covid-action-platf...

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 7:33am

Notice how that world domination diagram looks suspiciously like a block of wax. Coincidence,? I think not.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 8:12am
Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 8:27am

Doesn’t look good at first glance but if people aren’t dying then the vaccine is working

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 8:49am

Reading these articles at first is alarming when you see the vaccines waning, but then you read further and it says there is still 90% efficacy against serious illness . Also with Moderna appearing better than Pfizer, does that mean that people will now wait for Moderna’s arrival in Australia ? Here’s two articles from the same source but a bit different in reporting what’s going on. If you’re confused , so am I . On another note I’m experiencing nil side effects from second AZ shot apart from slight nausea this morning . No sore arm , no flu like symptoms and no aching muscles no headache. Last time I had 6 out of 8 common side effects . https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-study-moderna-vaccine-far-better-than-p.... https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-officials-predict-thousands-of-seri...

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 9:02am

The PCR test DOES NOT differentiate between the original covid strain and the Delta strain. The only way to differentiate between strains is through DNA testing and it is not done because it takes too long and costs more.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 11:24am

Yes, PCR does not differentiate. DNA testing is done all the times though for contract tracing purposes. Not every case is DNA tested, just enough to work it out. If one person in a household is tested and has Delta then they won’t bother doing testing for other Covid cases in the household. Not really an issue.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 11:47am

Supafreak, let me help. All 3 vaccines have high protection against serious illness, 90%+. From earlier readings I was quite happy to go with AZ on the premise that the longer separation between shots was likely to create longer protection.

The ‘protection from infection’ is quite a different metric. I expect, given Gladys has been so slow in being serious about lockdown, is that we will all be exposed to it. Those who have been vaccinated will either not get it (protection from infection) or get either an asymptomatic case or a very mild dose.

If anyone thinks of waiting around for a better vaccine, you may find there is always a better vaccine around the corner. Waiting for the perfect vaccine would be a classic example of ‘the perfect being the enemy of the good’.

I’ll be getting my second AZ on Monday. I’m happy with that, and glad to hear you’re also vaccinated. We will almost certainly get a booster shot, probably a moderna, first half of next year.

If anyone is waiting it out they are taking a risk. If you get a vaccine you are taking a risk. If you get out of bed in the morning you are taking a risk. Of those 3 risks, sitting around waiting for a better vaccine is far and away the greater risk.

But everyone is welcome to make their own decisions.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 11:59am

Just curious batfink , did you read both articles ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 12:08pm

Two people in two days have died vaccinated. A third died after first shot.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 12:46pm
Blowin wrote:

is it tuesday ???

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 12:53pm

Couldn’t help it. I’ll show myself the door.

Just watching the finals of the mex comp. It’s tiny but groomed here today and those Barra point waves look soooooo good,

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 2:18pm

This video is a few months old now and the FLCCC have reported that they are presently getting smashed by the delta variant as the replication of the virus in patients is much quicker. https://www.bitchute.com/video/rvccR4Tg6fRS/

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 2:44pm
Blowin wrote:

you do know there’s this thing called efficacy with vaccines. And they’re not 100%. I also believe the person who was fully vaccinated and died was quite elderly and frail.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 3:51pm
Blowin wrote:

Well there's a pearl of wisdom from surfing's Barnaby Joyce.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 5:30pm

Bullies aren’t welcome here.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 6:59pm

From nsw 2017 - flu season .
News headlines -
“four separate strains of flu virus have seen more than 8000 people in hospital putting greater pressure on emergency departments across the state...
“Worst flu season nsw has ever had “
“Emergency departments are at breaking point”
“21,412 cases and it’s going to get worse”
621 deaths
Nsw health Dr Vicki shepherd -“ the flu season is Something that happens every year and the health system prepares for it”

2021- NSW
total covid19 cases since jan 2020 - 12,903.
Hospitalisations- 378
Deaths - 99
From 10,687,674 tests.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/Influenza/Publications/2017/sup...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 7:35pm

Saltyone - It’s even worse when you start paying attention to just who is dying. Today a woman in palliative* care died and it was called a Covid death! That’s not even pretending to produce a genuine accounting of the threat this virus actually poses. The threat is so grossly inflated at every turn that it’s ridiculous.

* Palliative care is where they put people who are waiting to die.

People are fed so much bullshit that they lose all insight. Batfink was on here a few days ago saying that Australians had a 1 in 100 chance of dying! The most cursory maths disproves this bullshit** yet they still bounce back undeterred and desperate to lie their way into fear.

**38,000 cases recorded in Oz. 900 odd ( alleged) deaths. If it was 1 in 100 there would be 3800 desths. If you removed all the palliative care / 95 year old in dementia ward type deaths the actual chance of death for any Australian is miniscule. For healthy Australians it’s almost non existent. Less than 5 under 50’s dead out of 38,000 cases. And they probably had comorbidities.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 7:37pm

Blowin.
Looks like you are really struggling with this lockdown so I'm going to pull my punches.
Two points, I think care giving is a valid reason to travel. Hopefully you can get to see your parents.
And secondly, going down conspiracy theory rabbit holes and angry anti-government posts on this forum is not good for anyone.
Take care. Chill. And hope you can see your parents and get that rail up.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 8:20pm

Yeah blowin I reckon so much of it has to do with how things have evolved or should I say devolved .. censorship of good journalism, of truth, replaced by propaganda and force fed daily rubbish. Tv has died .. being increasingly replaced by mobile phones / internet and a huge amount of information. Alot gets lost. Many people are lazy . Critical research takes time and effort. Side effect from social media is shortened attention span from brain =less effort and focus on topics especially ones that go against the four tv news channels we have been accustomed to our whole lives . The ones that have now been also manipulated by big tech/pharma .
The positive thing is that more and more are starting to question and do their own research , reading and piecing together. It’s a funny one - ironic as well.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 9:01pm

"do their own research"

that generally produces very poor results.

Roystein's picture
Roystein's picture
Roystein Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 9:10pm

An example saltyone of the loss of objectivity and relativity in case numbers- , the biggest factor in this whole thing.
90% of people will gasp at today’s case numbers in nsw today for example, with little to no understanding of what they actually mean other than it is bigger than yesterday and it seems like a big number especially when lockdowns are triggered for a fraction of that number

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 8:54am
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 9:02am

Another of my wife's uncles died of Covid during the week in Indonesia, so that's two uncles she has lost now to Covid. (plus about half a dozen in her neighbourhood dead from Covid)

She wasn't close to either and yeah both were typical Indo male smokers and about 60 or so but still pretty crazy, dont think she has ever lost a relative to the flue.

PS. yeah she has a huge family her mum has/had about ten brother and sisters.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 10:38am

Salytones call for people to do their own "research" almost made me choke on my weetbix. This is exactly why so much dangerous extreme right wing misinformation is spread on the internet. You should leave the sciency stuff to the people who have devoted their lives studying and working in their fields of expertise. Many of your links have been good for a laugh and take about five minutes of fact checking to debunk.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 11:07am

5 minutes is being way to kind

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 11:23am

It takes about one minute to confirm that virtually no healthy Australians have died in the entire duration of this death plague.

Not hard to disprove this claim, all you have to do is produce the statistics listing the thousands of healthy people who have succumbed. Particularly interested in hearing about the thousands of vulnerable young people that the savage delta strain has claimed in the past couple of months.

688 deaths in aged care alone ( out of 953)

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 11:33am

Those stats would be a bit different if there was no lockdown and 20,000 infections per day, its all about numbers and percentages. All tip and no iceberg.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 11:47am

Blowin, you are focusing on deaths.
Have a look at hospitalization, ICU patient numbers, people on ventilators etc. People of all ages in those numbers.

There is a bigger picture here that has to be taken into account.

Our health care system, while flexible, has a capacity and that along with a whole lot of other important variables is what Governments use to make decisions.

I am not defending any Government decisions or reactions. Some I have agreed with others I have not but I try to understand them while knowing I probably only have 10% of the information and knowledge that they have access to.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 12:02pm

Wait….you think that case numbers are reliable?

Australia has had just under 28M Covid tests performed. Please tell me you don’t think that this means every Australian has been tested? I know a few people who get tested every third day. They tell me this is very common. I know people who’ve been tested 50 times!

Guaranteed that probably about 2 million Australians have been tested all up. I bet that there’s more likely hundreds of thousands of people who would test positive but they don’t have symptoms or they don’t go to hospital . Guaranteed that 90 percent of western Sydney refused to get tested as they couldn’t go to work if they were positive and if they couldn’t go to work they go hungry!

This means the statistics for deaths and hospitalisations appear way higher as a percentage of cases than they really are. Far few people get sick or die as a result of exposure to the virus than the figures demonstrate.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 12:06pm

Again with the “hospital will be overwhelmed “ claim. A couple of years ago NSW alone had 8000 people hospitalised with flu and the system handled. Now we have a couple of hundred and we are supposed to shit ourselves?

How many of those counted as hospitalised or ICU would be in hospital or ICU even if they hadn’t tested positive? It could be 99 percent of instances for all we know. As soon as a woman who died in palliative care is counted as a Covid death you have every reason to doubt the statistics.

Even today there was another 87 year old bloke already in hospital who died and it was claimed as a Covid death. Thing is that he was vaccinated so the media said “ oh, he had severe comorbidities and that’s why the vaccine didn’t work”. If he had such severe comorbidities that it’s accepted the vaccine would not work then why is it also unambiguously claimed that he died from Covid?

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 12:06pm
Blowin wrote:

At the moment the main threat to the viability of hospitals is the way medical staff are furloughed if they test positive, despite the fact they may show no symptoms and do not transmit disease.

How does one know they don’t transmit Covid?

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 12:10pm

Anyone who tilts towards the Govt and MSM spreading lies, Vaccine is dangerous/collusion between Big Pharma and Govt, it's a conspiracy etc. side have a plan on how we move on or get past this pandemic? Genuinely interested.

For me if we remove all lock downs and go back to how it was pre Covid our health care system would fail. If we then have 20,000 new cases of Delta daily and no effective way to treat the sick what do we do. With those sorts of numbers and possibly more our economy just gets obliterated. And so on and so on until we are a nation of sick people unable to be treated and unable to contribute economically being Governed by a Government with no money to do anything about it.

So to those who think that Government actions so far are wrong, vaccination won't change anything much and all this is overreaction - what is your plan? What Should we be doing?

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 12:19pm

Anyone who listen and automatically believe ( so called ) experts without doing some basic research and being open minded ARE in danger . I put this comment on the climate change thread .

A quick comment on the above posts . Andy I will read the article and would not expect it to be 4-5 inches every 100 years . Things hardly work out that way . The very long increase in sea levels just make it seem impossible that predictions of 15-25 meters as said in the government groups report are correct . Just like Flim Flannery . Arcadia - I worry much more about us getting hit by an asteroid than Climate Change . Craig - as you said the climate change changes everything else . Always has and always will .

Now why an I suss on all experts . Firstly global warming . Over 20 years ago I thought the model that Craig posted WAS plausible . Then when temps plateaued in 98 and even went down I wondered why when previously told there was a direct link with CO2 which kept going up . When they changed the problem to Climate Change I then knew it was Bull Shit . When we had the rain that Flim Flam said we would never see again ( and snow ) and we built the Desal plant ( which once turned on you shouldn't turn off due to cost of having to change membranes ) I was laughing ( really should have been crying ) .

When seeing the IPCC reports I cringe . Who would listen to anything any UN groups tell us . The current members of the UN Human Rights Commission include China and Cuba . Who would listen to them ? The Czar of the US Climate Group Mr John Kerry owns two houses , 6 cars , two boats and a fucken Jet Airplane . Who would listen to him about having to cut back on CO2 ? What about Obama buying his home at Martha's Vinyard next to the water ? Has a small get together for his 60th with the airport jammed with jets . No one wearing masks . I could go on and on . The rank hypocrisy .
The experts ( Church's ) ridiculed Galileo for saying the earth was round ( I made a mistake here , he showed the earth orbited the sun ) .

Every expert group has been proved wrong over time . Medicine practised a 100 years ago looks archaic . I would bet $100k that in 20 years time our experts views on Covid will look stupid and will do more harm than good .

Finance- the experts at the BOJ have been trying to get inflation up for over 20 years . Failed . The regulators at Standard an Poors ,Moody's and Fitch approved the first securitisations ( real-estate ) that had only A rated loans and gave them an A rating . The brokers the mixed A loans and B loans and the rating agencies still gave them an A . Brokers being brokers ended up mixing a small ammount of A's and B's with C's D's And E's and guess what ? The rating agencies still gave this crap an A . It then caused the GFC and guess what the Expert ( The Federal Reserve ) did ? It bailed out the fucken banks that did it ( did sacrifice Lehman's to show us mugs they they were tough ) . When they then did QE1 and it didn't work they did not try anything new they stupidly thought the reason it did not work was because we didn't do enough of it . So QE 2 , 3 etc . Quantitative Easing was such a good idea ( not ) all the other Reserve Banks followed suit .

Rudd and his experts though it a good idea to give every Oz $900 to get spending up to save us from going into recession . Guess what , people paid off debt or saved it . Then pink bats and solar schemes which attracted shonks and ruined the reputation of good businesses in these sectors .

The FBI using the Steele Report ( funded by the Clinton Foundation ) to get the Muller Report which took months to complete . The US has tried to influence more elections than anyone else . Russia ( Yeltsin ) , Iran , the rest of the middle east , nearly all of South America. The FBI secretly meeting Obama on a tarmac . The head leaking to the media and admitting it . Big tech and the media censoring everyone who they don't like . Imagine if it was Trumps son who gave his laptop to get repaired , forgot to pick it up and had all that sensitive data on it . See todays news on some of its contents .

The hypocrites who don't wear a mask , put it on to take a photograph and then take it off again . Cuomo killing aged home residents and not getting investigated . Reminds me of here when we got private companies ( not the military ) to police detention leading to more than 600 deaths due to covid . We had a Royal Commission and no one could remember which expert made the decision . The CDC over reporting Florida's Covid cases to 29000 not 19000 ( todays news ) . I could keep writing for hours . Giving any government the power to take any of our freedoms is never returned but only the start of more restrictions .

The Press Secretary of the US president reminding the Taliban to consider their role in the International community and to stop raping and pillaging .

So history has proven to me that experts are hardly ever proven right . So I am suss on nearly everything they say . I am very happy to be proven wrong ( rarely happens ) . I believe being suspect of what I hear is very healthy .

Todays views . Some experts have been proved right . Mathematics and Chemistry for example .I can't think of any other group although there must be more .

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 12:37pm

Blowin. I just did a few weeks work in Medi Hotel security. I was tested every 3 days so I get the test numbers stats.

At some point though mate you have to stop calling bullshit on every government and scientific statistic, every piece of official advice and every government decision or you will just become a disgruntled, angry old man disillusioned with the world you live in.

Have a smile today, my shout.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 12:43pm

Having a big nose is no excuse for not wearing a mask.
I still wear underwear......

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 1:20pm

Cavadajy- I smile most of the time. I don’t trust the government at all. Give me a single reason they should be respected or trusted.

Robbo debt? Water rights in the Murray? The $600 million payment to the tiny anonymous company to fix the reef? The 27 times the Royal Commission into banking was rejected? The 26 times the vote into an ICAC was rejected? Sports rorts? Carpark rorts? The sell off of land around the new Sydney airport ?

How long is that list? I’ve only scrapped the congealed surface of the huge steaming pile of shit which is our political class. There’s no one who rises to the top of Australian party politics who isn’t a scheming , corrupt and untrustworthy pig of a human.

Trust Scomo, Bin Chook, Pork Barrilaro , The Potato and Frydencunt to do the right thing by Australia amd Australians…..never.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 1:43pm

Blowin, I respect your opinion.

The vitriolic nature of your response though. Describing people who rise through the ranks of politics as scheming, corrupt, untrustworthy pigs of humans is a bit much.

Keep on smilin though.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 Aug 2021 at 2:29pm
old-dog wrote:

Salytones call for people to do their own "research" almost made me choke on my weetbix. This is exactly why so much dangerous extreme right wing misinformation is spread on the internet. You should leave the sciency stuff to the people who have devoted their lives studying and working in their fields of expertise. Many of your links have been good for a laugh and take about five minutes of fact checking to debunk.

Not sure why you only mentioned right wing, it's left wing too and it's people with no real political leanings.

Misinformation & conspiracy theories etc aren't limited to one group, but let's be real even mainstream media is often full of shit these days as are so called experts.

It's getting harder and harder these days knowing what to believe and who to trust.

Case in point the lab leak theory a year ago was often touted as a right wing conspiracy theory, much social media even banned post suggesting the idea, today though its accepted by most including even Biden as quite possible and even maybe the most likely scenario.