Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 4:26pm

It’s the lemon next to the pie
This thread, it’s the lemon next to the pie

Next year we get to debate on the
“I’ve got Covid and here’s how it’s going” thread

Should be interesting

billythekid's picture
billythekid's picture
billythekid Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 4:36pm

Alternative solutions meh - you still gotta get sick first right? I doubled up with az plus pfizer - feeling confident.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 5:00pm
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 5:38pm
shoredump wrote:

It’s the lemon next to the pie
This thread, it’s the lemon next to the pie

Next year we get to debate on the
“I’ve got Covid and here’s how it’s going” thread

Should be interesting

I reckon there will be more than one thread , “ long covid when does it end ? “ +. can’t surf because my lungs are now fucked. + why can’t I get out of bed and enjoy life , the list goes on . Good luck everyone and stay healthy.

Hazrus's picture
Hazrus's picture
Hazrus Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 5:47pm
Hutchy 19 wrote:

Hazrus How many families are there in Indonesia ? The total population according to the UN in 2021 is 276691046 . If there is 20 per family that is over 1 million deaths . This site says 109k with 3.7 million cases . Maybe there is 200 per family .
?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/indonesia/

I wish I could give you accurate data; I can't. Word on the ground is that there's a multitude of cases/deaths going unreported. All I can go on is anecdotal evidence (which is a last resort in the absence of true data).

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 6:22pm

When you read about what this virus does when it gets into you and starts rapidly replicating causing micro clots in your lungs and lack of oxygen to your major organs including the kidneys brain and the heart etc etc , the vaccine which can't even replicate itself is like a Sunday school picnic in comparison. We come into contact with much more dangerous situations, chemicals and bacteria every day so why all the hysteria over a little marker to tip off our systems that there is something a million times worse heading our way.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 6:32pm

"No Guvament is forcing me to put chemicals into my body" he slurs as he lights up a smoke and packs another ice pipe.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 6:48pm

Classic old dog. The anti-govt, anti vax, Christian fundamentalist, Trump loving types are currently removing themselves from the gene pool in the USA.
Normally I couldn't care less but these muppets are taking up hospital space and being a burden on the sensible people who have got vaxxed.
The same thing will happen in Australia with an estimated 10-15% of the population being vax refuseniks. Two points. 1. There has to be consequences for being an anti-vax idiot so the normal people are protected both medically and financially. and 2. Would anyone really care if Hanson dies of Covid?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 6:55pm

Local health worker reckons that old mate from Sydney refused to believe he has COVID, tried to escape from hospital and is now handcuffed to the bed.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 6:57pm

Exactly VL, all these so-called left wing anti-vax bozos should just exit the gene pool.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 8:16pm

sorry island bay, i thought i read you worked at a uni

yes, it seems we do see things very similar, it's pretty funny both sides of politics now making references to 1984, even more funny all the recent references to fascism... by a bunch of totalitarians it would seem...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 8:25pm

First batch of early treatment covid drugs arrive, plenty more to come . https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/additiona.... Norman Swan briefly talks about it at 40 second mark .

More on the way. https://www.tga.gov.au/collection/covid-19. https://www.tga.gov.au/media-release/tga-grants-provisional-determinatio...

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 8:17pm

VL wrote 'Would anyone really care if Hanson dies of Covid?'
Probably as much as if you shuffled off this mortal coil VL.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 8:26pm

"Exactly VL, all these so-called left wing anti-vax bozos should just exit the gene pool."

yep, sadly, most of them seem to be thicker, more delusional, and more self obsessed than the so called freedum fighters...

though it's a close race, with lots of crossover

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 8:21pm
wax24 wrote:

I work in hospital. A bit overwhelming lately. 75 hour weeks. Haven't had a surf in a week. Had three more staff leave over the weekend. One walked out mid-shift. It's traumatic. Treated a young girl last week. Both her parents and her brother passed from Covid. Whole fam unvaccinated. Only treating unvaccinated these days. Never see someone who has had the jab be sick enough to get to us, though i know that does happen. The young girl is in the psych ward now. Doesn't wanna live after losing everyone. As i said, it's traumatic. For anyone who is looking at stats to see if we are getting close to being overwhelmed at hospital... even if the hospitals aren't overwhelmed yet, the staff so very much are. I am tired of, and no longer want to hear anyone salute frontline workers.

that’s a fucking tough gig man

thanks for sharing, hope you can get through without losing your shit

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 8:24pm

and wishing people dead...

a great display of all the best that 'the left' has to offer... all good vibes and tolerance...

really trumping the hate there

miserable fucker

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 8:34pm

Funny how quickly a drug that’s given EUA in the US quickly appears here . Must have been planned for awhile . At least the government hasn’t gone the cheap option this time .

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 8:53pm

“ it's a close race, with lots of crossover”

Which is a big part of what makes it all so intriguing.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 9:16pm

"and wishing people dead...

a great display of all the best that 'the left' has to offer"

Here's the point sypkan. If Hanson or Trump actually died from covid it would be a massive wake up call to all their followers. Many would then go out and get vaccinated, saving lives. Seen what's happening in the USA right now? Trump's followers are dying by the thousands. I actually don't want to see these people die.
I couldn't give a flying fuck about right wing grifters spreading covid misinformation and putting their base at risk for rank political gain.
So yeah, if Hanson died of covid, it would probably save plenty of lives in Australia. She's a rubbish human being anyway.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 9:49pm

"Which is a big part of what makes it all so intriguing."

intriguing it is... you could hardly call that felt hat wearing witchy women a right wing nationalist type. and those photos from the sydney protest more resembled a big day out than a reclaim australia rally...

the looneys in ubud, canggu, byron etc. certainly don't look your aversge conservative rwnj type...

but that dont stop some from the blame blame blame game...

the simplistic thinking is mindblowing, and Im not referring to the 'vaccne hesitants'...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 9:57pm

sypkan, those dopey hippies (not to mention the RW mob at those protests) are just useful idiots to the people pulling the bloody strings. Alan Jones, Monica Smit, George Christensen, Craig Kelly, Sky News after dark, Hanson, Rennick, Hillsong, etc etc etc.
You really don't understand how power works in Australia do you. I'll give you a hint, those crystal gazing wellness folk can't get a mob together. They don't have a megaphone mate.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 10:01pm

some context for adherents to the cult of no idea...

"The administration seems eager to push the notion that all of the vaccine holdouts are Trump supporters. Unfortunately for them, recent studies suggest otherwise. According to Forbes, polling analysis by Kaiser Family Foundation shows that ‘the “wait and see” group, by contrast, is more evenly divided politically — 39 percent are Democrats and 41 percent Republicans — and are slightly more likely to be black or Hispanic (22 percent black and 20 percent Hispanic, versus 5 percent and 11 percent in the “definitely not group”), though 72 percent are still between the ages of 18 and 49.’

Putting this pesky data aside, Jen Psaki proudly boasted about how the administration has run PSAs on The Deadliest Catch and works with NASCAR and Country Music TV. Somehow that fool-proof plan to reach out to the Neanderthals fell flat. Go figure.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/spectatorworld.com/topic/bipartisan-plan-br...

you're probably not good with numbers either... but here's a clue... 39 and 41 are very close... very very close...

not to mention the 'diversity'

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 10:16pm

you reap what you sow...

"...These statements are particularly hypocritical, even by Joy Reid’s standards, considering how MSNBC felt about the vaccine in November. She tweeted, ‘The fact that Pfizer was not part of “Operation Warp Speed” and took no Trump government funding makes me feel better about their vaccine. Just speaking for myself, I wouldn’t go near anything that Trump or his politicized FDA had anything to do with.’

The same people who were vocally skeptical of vaccines less than a year ago are now expressing disdain for people who aren’t eager to partake in Hot Vaxx Summer. Perhaps if Joy Reid or Vice President Harris or Gov. Andrew Cuomo owned up to the fact that they bore responsibility for a portion of the current vaccine hesitancy, then that would be a step in the right direction."

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 10:13pm

sypkan, You are talking absolute shit. IF YOU ARE GOING TO QUOTE ARTICLES AND SURVEYS READ THEM FIRST.
You've cheery picked the "wait and see" group while thoroughly ignoring ALL THE OTHER CATEGORIES in the rest of the article.
Here it is https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/06/11/here-are-the-bigges...
And you've also ignored the actual research the story was based on. Here it is https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the-red-blue-divide-in-covid-19-vaccina...
Note the first paragraph.
"One of the main factors driving differences in COVID-19 vaccination rates across the country is partisanship. Our surveys consistently find that Democrats are much more likely to report having been vaccinated than Republicans, and Republicans are much more likely to say that they definitely do not want to get vaccinated. In May, just as vaccine supply was starting to outstrip demand, we examined average vaccination rates by county and found that rates were lower in counties that voted for Trump in the 2020 Presidential election compared to those that voted for Biden. Now, two months later, we find that not only does this remain the case, the gap has grown."
STOP TALKING SHIT. IT MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 10:23pm

Not a fan of Trump , or any politician for that matter. But I wonder If he was re elected how much opposition would be coming from democrats on the vaccine if the shoe was on the other foot politically speaking.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 10:34pm

How to Orchestrate a Rollout #1 swellnet exclusive
Taboo Rollout review was constantly thwarted by preemptive blocking of knowledge.
Science / Tech & Media reassemble your Vax searches into Big Pharma Q&A.
This review took a lot longer with Google reclassifying simple searches as factchecks! (A battle it was!)
A heads up! The more learned your research into the Vax Rollout the more they buffer results.

Recap
Rollout has Peaked Covid > Doubled Cases > Doubled Deaths all of which are still rising now
Majority 27/32 (50%+) Vaccinated Nations are currently rising vax & spreading Covid.
Top 10 current Rollouts push Top 10 Covid Cases > Top 10 VOC outbreaks also ramp High vaccination
Biggest 100%-300% drops in Covid Cases are the result of Dumping 100%-300% Vaccine..
Vax is #1 driver of Covid from day 1 - Science / Govts hide the Vax Spikes now Taboo!
8th Aug 2021 tbb: https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/506540?page=53

Leaders know this to be true & Censor / delay / dump months of Data > Sabotaging a collaborative cure.
Their #1 reason: "breakthru case Spikes discourage Vaccination" + Big Pharma owns the Data.
We the people are to be fed a delayed edited broadcast package as to be kept in the dark.(Under foot)

The real reason is that Vaccine spreads Covid as discovered by WHO & UK from the outset...shh!

Big Pharma had & used a product that neutralizes Pneumonia by load sharing herd virus.
Systemic Immunity (Organs- Lungs > Kidney > Liver) Repels the virus.
Concentrating the virus in the Upper Local innate Immunity (Nose > Throat > Eyes)
Converting Covid into a Cold that could be rapidly expressed...mostly over other people as Stats show!
Sure! Crew get a Choice > Ultimate Herd Vax (or) Biggest Spreading Viral Vax (or) Ad yer Own.

Infection + Viral Loads + Reinfection from Vaccinated + Mutation +ADE were resigned to 2nd Gen Vaxes.
It must be said that Trials exposed failings in all these areas but were quashed as Collateral.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/22/the-world-needs-covid-19-vaccines-it...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2020/05/16/did-the-oxford-...

1st best line of defence...Nasal Spray > Flu Injection > (Covid Jab is guesswork & well down the list)
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/global-nasal-spray-market-growth-102800387.html

CDC : Vax (vs) No Vax share equal Viral innate loads in Nasal / Throat area...
People Vaccinate to stop one's own severity of symptoms & relieve Frontline resource.
Big Pharma's own Charts clearly show that former unvaxed spread 50% less Covid.
Wild MSM claims that people Vax to protect others or unvaxed spread more Covid are less than truthful.

Ok! Let's see how & why Vax keeps spreading Covid...
Experts say Vaxerz get an instant sense of being Invincible > Less Masks > More Freedom

During Incubation > Vaxerz are 3-8x more likely to spread Covid.
This is standard for many vaccines but Govts never once instruct isolation > (Fear of Vax Hesitation.Yep!)
Sadly the largest cause of Covid Spikes & death are linked to Phase 1 of Rollouts (Too Big to ignore)
26th July tbb - https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/506540?page=45

Virus can Mutate 18x in 132 days in Immuno compromised but mostly presents no threat to Vaxed
Rollouts breed Vax resistant Strains that superspread more Super resistant Virus over unvaxed
VOC's kick in @ 45% Rollout > peaking at 60% Rollout until Herd immunity approaches.
The higher the Vax (60%) Peak the higher strike rate for VOC ( Rollout creates this invincible monster )
Note this VOC peak is untested & may well push higher!

CDC: Masks in Households > More Vaccination > More Younger the Victims as Rollout progresses.
Rollout is in effect a Covid Time Bomb...Once started you must race to defeat encroaching Mutants.
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210730-risk-of-vaccine-resistant...

1) The more Resistant the Populace, the Stronger Virus bullies the weaker virus out & spreads faster.
2) Rollouts of 45-60% let their guard down > Pushing Govt's to offer Freedoms...( VOC wins)
3) Top 10 VOC's are (now) 45% > Rising most to 60% all with rising Vax Rollouts) Bingo! VOC buffet!
4) Leaders fuel covid spread by ramping Vax in VOC Outbreaks ..( Inciting Fear > Ramps Vax VOC effect)
Any decent leader would know all of this & more..but promotes Vax without isolation.

CDC tested the shit outta weakest link fast endangered unvaccinated species.
CDC won't touch Invading Cyborg Vaxerz multiplying 2x covid over our Planet!
Science of Largest Human Wave of Discovery...(CDC: No Thanks...Ban it!)

Recent Quotes by Lead Scientists are coming thick and fast & most actually seem shocked.
Read how daft & defeatist they all sound as if they have no idea...tbb doesn't buy they're all so stupid!

"Game has Changed!"
"Many Millions of Vaccinated people could be a source of wide ranging spread!"
"Vax may be contributing to increase of infections!"
"Vaxed are now Drivers of Community Spread!"
"Impacts of Vax on Transmission Dynamics of Virus must take precedence!"

All of this has been known since January and the #1 reason Govts keep wiping the Breakthru Data!

These next 4 shockers we can pick off as low hanging fruit.
"Vaccinated people can be spreaderz & Unknowingly transmit the virus!"
"Vaxerz could have similar tendency to spread as vaccinated!"
"Viral load is Similar!"
"Tremendous amount of Virus in the Nose & Throat!"

Recap Vaxed & Unvaxed share same Viral Load in upper respiratory + equally contract & spread virus
50-60% of transmissions are by those without symptoms...(This leans heavily towards vaccinated)
Now! Consider as more get vaccinated then more are being infected as more Phase 1 lose immunity.

The viral load in upper airways is equal (BUT) the Covid infection symptoms differ greatly.

Vaxed - Sneezing / Runny Nose / Sniffles / Red Watery Eyes / Sore throat / Loss of Smell / Head Cold ....
Describes a virus being expelled to upper airwaves > hastily & forcefully rejected = ( Faster VOC)
Vaxed describe this as (1) Hay Fever (2) A Head Cold (Lastly) Covid. (CDC: They unknowingly Spread)
TV told Vaxers that Sciency Vax is bullet proof...No! Can't possibly be Covid > Must be something else.
Too late, the Town is infected much faster than before!

Unvaxed have a weakening dry cough & Fever by absorbing the virus.(Seldom Sneeze or Drip covid!)
Explains a Virus that's incubating & immobilising the Patient. (Virus slowly but surely consumes it's host)
Unvaxed fear every Cold as Covid & rush to isolate... (re: 50% less & lazier Covid Variants pre Rollout)

Here's a rough take on opposite Viral Actions of Vaxed / Unvaxed (Not measured yet! ...so just a guide)
The fact that it's taken CDC - 7 months to measure the Vaxer'z viral load speaks volumes!...Wot...durr!

Experts claim Vaxed repel 80% of virus but also claim equal Nasal / Throat Viral load as Unvaxed.
recap: This = Viral Load is exactly the same science as the Trial Monkeys.(Note: before VOCs)

(UnVaxed) < 20% Dry Cough out (Same Nasal) 80% virus incubating >Absorbed by Organs > Out Vent.
Slow incubation > weakening Dry Coughs out (2.5 - 5% capacity) = 1,500 droplets > 4-6 metres spread

( Vaxed ) < 80% Out < Sneezing / Sniffles / Runny Nose / Watery Eyes / Sore throat < 20% > Upper...
Reports of Loss of Smell / Heavy Head / Muscle Aches.
Rapid Shedding > Each accelerated Sneeze Out (95 - 97.5% cap')= 40,000 droplets > 8 metres spread
re: Like Hayfever the Vaxer sprays a fountain of Virus...(CDC: How much is Neutralized is unmeasured)
We know of the equally Viral Nasal load > 95% is spread faster & further by "Sneezing" Vaxers.
Vaccinated incubate & shed virus faster & the extra Heady symptoms as Sneezing is the avenue.
Advanced rollout Vaxers often infect 75% of one another & unvaxed by fleeting contact, in record time.
In a Vaccinated World...Covid is mostly exhaled as a default function. (Hence the need to Vax!)

Exactly! All know who needs a Mask ....Again! "Govt's will never reveal this, as it fuels Vax Hesitancy.
CDC: All vaxerz must now wear masks at Home > To protect Kidz from Vaxer'z Fountains of Covid
Note : Oz mandates Masks to ramp Vaccine Compliance > Recall 45-60% Rollout is VOC Happy Hour!

Due to the Vax VOC spreading ....Herd immunity target has increased above Vax efficacy range.
If Vax is 85% then 98% is herd immunity.
As things stand, we can't vax our way outta the Pandemic.
https://science.thewire.in/health/covid-19-vaccines-prevent-severe-disea...

Universal Vaccine is scientifically doable but Political Poison...which God watches over such a cure.

Happy to share a rare taboo peek a boo into our future Vaccinated Covid World...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 10:42pm

you're shouting again

mate, no one would dispute republicans are more likely to be 'vaccine hesitant'...

the point is, it is not a big monolith of republican trump supporters, as you constantly portray it...

"Nearly half of unvaccinated respondents were Republicans (49% versus 29% Democrats), as opposed to 31% of vaccinated respondents who identified as Republicans and 59% Democrats"

and, democrats were totally undermining the vaccine process when trump was in charge

but I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge any of that, because you are incapable

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 10:45pm

and shout louder!

its effective

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021 at 10:59pm

VL, you reckon Alan Jones et al are pulling the strings??
Where have you been for the last 30 years?
The left wing anti-vax/ rejection of science mob have been around for quite some time, and now it’s spreading across the political spectrum.
Has fuck all to do with right wing shock jocks and much more to do with an overall disillusionment surrounding leadership, politics and the general direction that modern society is heading in.
It’s about confused idiots failing to make sense of the world and looking instead for a belief system.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 12:49am
wax24 wrote:

Goofy and Indo- no, not in Oz, As Supa said. I am in US. And no Goofy. No underlying health issues. For any of them.
I hesitate to post anything in this thread (tho i have 3 times now), because, being in the US, we may have different environments and specifics, and i do not wanna offend. BUT, it is helpful, to me, personally, to get that story out of my inner dialog, as much as i can. I won't constantly tax Crew with stories, and feel a little sheepish for doing so. Just had to tonite (middle of nite in my neck of woods.. i am on lunch break, which i don't always get. Tonite is goin okay. Cept i just jinxed it, lol.) I am gonna repeat what i said.... i am tired and no longer want to hear salutes and compliments and niceties. Wanna salute healthcare workers in 2021? Get your jab. Don't wanna get your jab? Don't bother with the nice stuff toward us, you've already spoken.

Sorry Wax missed your earlier posts in all the static...as a fellow health care worker...solidarity sister/brother...stay strong. It's a super tough gig

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 5:32am

Good summary piece by Niall Ferguson on current travels in a Covid world in the UK and what may lie in store away from our Aussie bubble.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-06-27/niall-ferguson-get...

Not a nice read if you like international travel and are not a fan of government regulations. The vaccine holy grail being pushed in NSW so we can have a “normal” Xmas sounds tempting and will save lives but if it is like the rest of the world, will be near impossible to achieve and come at quite a lockdown cost. There will be a lot of people losing jobs, kids education being totally disrupted and just a lot of vey unhappy people.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 7:42am

wow sypkan.
I can't believe you're doubling down on this.
You argued that vaccine hesitancy was not partisan, and then pointed to a Forbes article and a Klein survey to "prove" your point. Both article and research paper concluded the exact opposite.
You have zero credibility here.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 7:52am
AndyM wrote:

It’s about confused idiots failing to make sense of the world and looking instead for a belief system.

In a friggen nutshell!

Same reason religion plays a lesser part in countries with strong (read: cohesive) leadership and social ties.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 8:00am

Lockdown 6.0 extended for us Mexicans yeah baby

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 8:36am

Interesting read. I’m pro-vax by the way, just think Ivermectin is a very useful adjunct with enough evidence to be implemented now

https://spectator.com.au/2021/07/ivermectin-its-as-aussie-as-vegemite/

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 9:10am

thicker than the thickest hippy...

my point was its not just the trumpians you death wished that aren't getting vaccinated

look at the the numbers you clown, if you can add, you may also notice they do not make 100

lots to interpret there brains... but what's the point... you have your monorailed no idea agenda

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 9:07am
Distracted wrote:

Good summary piece by Niall Ferguson on current travels in a Covid world in the UK and what may lie in store away from our Aussie bubble.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-06-27/niall-ferguson-get...

Not a nice read if you like international travel and are not a fan of government regulations. The vaccine holy grail being pushed in NSW so we can have a “normal” Xmas sounds tempting and will save lives but if it is like the rest of the world, will be near impossible to achieve and come at quite a lockdown cost. There will be a lot of people losing jobs, kids education being totally disrupted and just a lot of vey unhappy people.

Interesting article Distracted.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 9:46am

interesting article... but bloody bleak and depressing

this is just the beginning...

time for governments to be honest about the future, realistic expectations, and the chances of returning to normal ...which, as the article states, is not normal at all...

years and years of changing rolling restrictions, the 'bureaucratic intertia' in the article, and it's mindless digital paper trails will make life unbearable - and that is not talking about the mundanity of undertaking them - more so society's reaction to them...

it's already miserable and bleak

and yes, I am vaccinated too

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 9:53am

and, I'd really like to avoid stirring the pot, but...

aussies are putting a very naive too much confidence in vaccines and maintaining zero cases

as a wise man once said...

tell him his dreaming

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 9:53am
sypkan wrote:

time for governments to be honest about the future

Do you really think they know?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 9:55am

Great work Tbb.

As Geert Bosche has said it is a “giant catastrophe for mankind”.
Not sure if you have read any of his publications but they are very informative .
He wrote an open letter to the WHO

https://37b32f5a-6ed9-4d6d-b3e1-5ec648ad9ed9.filesusr.com/ugd/28d8fe_266...
And he has a done a number of videos as well.

He follows on from virologist Luc Montagnier who has advocated similar lines of thought.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?

I read an interview with Gates in Bloomberg that said the initial vaccines won’t work so well .He also said it will all be over by end of 2021. When does EAU end?
Pfizer isn’t even full approved by the FDA as it is still in clinical trials.
Yet it is being pushed and fear mongered by govt and media and used as blackmail - “ have it or lose your freedom”
But they are running out of time ., gotta ramp it up !!
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/time.com/6087556/fda-pfizer-vaccine-appr...

I feel this whole mess is just the stepping stone trajectory.
It was written in World Economic Forums great reset plan - covid19; digital identification... amongst many many other things.
How else to get compliance to digital ID?
These tech giants won’t stop- there will come a time when people won’t bat an eyelid about being microchipped.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 10:12am

"Do you really think they know?"

I think they know a hell of a lot more than they are letting on, both regarding the virus, and possible ways forward... inevitable ways forward... if we are to maintain this current delusional state of control...

bumbling from crisis to crisis to give some impression of control, rather than facing some hard truths, is just going to lead to the most miserable of divided outcomes...

where certain demographics are just 'paying' way too much, as stated in the article, for a long long time

oz is currently a bubbled up microcosm of unrealistic expectations on steroids, the rest of the world is moving on, as best they can, and as miserable as it is

I think the oz establishment is playing a more dangerous game of mushroom politics than anywhere, as it is all going to have to unravel at some point in the future, be it organically or with a trigger moment

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 10:20am

156-F325-B-28-AD-47-D1-897-B-604-D4908-A457

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 10:28am

"bumbling from crisis to crisis to give some impression of control, rather than facing some hard truths"

Tend to agree with that.

And there should be clean air for talking about harsh realities and unpleasant options especially considering all opposition appears to be MIA.

Syppo specifically what do you see unravelling at some point in the future?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 10:30am

compliance

and the impression of control

the unrealistic expectations

Abmay's picture
Abmay's picture
Abmay Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 10:32am

This piece calls into question the science or misuse of science behind PCR testing.

How many case numbers?

https://sp.rmbl.ws/s8/2/x/z/J/4/xzJ4b.caa.1.mp4?u=0&b=0

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 10:35am

Between that Bloomberg article and a wave of CT retirements, some that must surely be due to COVID travel hassles, you've gotta wonder about the viability of international leagues such as surfing.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 10:52am

Im currently watching this intently in indonesia

where jokowi announces the continuation of restrictions almost week to week, literally in the eleventh hour, the day before the old ones expire... to avoid protests' according to more learned observers...

how many months - on the baxk of 18 months - do you reckon they can do that?

especially when public compliance is already barely there

public compliance is the finest of balancing acts... and tbh, Im surprised its lasted as long as it has in oz ...at exceptionally good levels...

can't see that in 12 months time... 24 months...

tell him he's dreaming

the freedom nutters are gaining ground at an astounding rate

when more of this great reset 'conspiracy', and the like, seeps into the collective public consciousness... governments are done...

travel has already become a luxury of the rich and connected, ...and it's a miserable, intensely stressful process, as stated in the article. ...you want to live like that? ... when 'the privelage' of travel returns... in 24 months minimum for oz... good luck with that...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 10:49am

"Between that Bloomberg article and a wave of CT retirements, some that must surely be due to COVID travel hassles, you've gotta wonder about the viability of international leagues such as surfing."

yep, already become a rich man's game...

rich people and businessmen/women...

just the way the great resetters want it...

which doesn't require one to buy into 'conspiracy theories', it's just how stuff is developing...

and that's just the canary in the coal mine

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 1:26pm

I live in Adelaide. There I said it!
Our last lockdown blew me away. The overall compliance, the willingness by most to just knuckle down and get out the other side was uplifting.

I am sure there were some clowns who had parties and some who actively defied the restrictions and some who ignored them just to push back.

What I felt though was whilst the government put in place the lockdown it was the community that drove the efforts to move forward and ensure the disruption was minimal. And even now, out of lockdown, mask compliance, tracing your movements and just doing the right thing seem to have become the accepted norm mostly.

Government can be a slow moving beast but the community can be quite agile.

So many comments on here focus on and dissect governments and political sides. Why?

There are always going to be political and moral divides but if we shift our focus to communities, the people and our nation as a whole surely we become more powerful.

Government may provide the outline but we, left - right vax- anti vax etc get to colour in the picture and colour outside the lines at times to create a far more beautiful picture.

Perhaps that is just a fantasy.