What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 28 Oct 2018 at 5:11pm

I don't want to play the instant expert by making a lot of unjustified generalisations after spending only a few weeks in a country. But that said, I think I have a few valid observations and opinions. The first being that Brexit, whether for better or worse in the long run, has been a huge distraction in the short term. Britain has problems that require the full focus of its government, but they have been increasingly shunted aside by the need to deal with Brexit.

The homeless are legion, squatting pathetically in public spaces in every city we visited and recent reforms to the welfare system seem specifically designed to increase their number. Beggars haunt the London tube with a can and a well prepared spiel. In disadvantaged areas childhood obesity has hit 40%. Welfare and health services are in decline. Dental services are apparently non-existent for significant sections of the population. Large areas of once prosperous suburbia are clearly in decline with shuttered shops, no sign of any recent development and numerous poorly maintained buildings. In Australia the most common complaint in suburbia is of over-development. A brief look at the other end of the spectrum suggests it is by far the lesser of the two evils.

There is no evidence that Brexit will make any short term improvement in any of these problems. Nor can there be since no-one knows what Brexit will actually be. There is no agreement, none on the horizon and the divisions within the government are probably deeper than those between May's faction and the EU itself. The DUP, the party of Ulster Unionists, seem determined to sabotage any reasonable solution to the problems of the Irish border and threaten to bring down the government if they do not get their way. Several factories have announced they will have to shut down in the near future until tariffs and custom controls are agreed. Those claiming that Brexit will increase sovereignty ignore the fact that it has increased in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland since Britain joined the EU and without the common guidelines of that organisation, it could easily decrease in the future for practical reasons of governance.

Yet for all that it is easy to see why the Brexit vote succeeded. The same factors that drove Trump into power also acted here. The disadvantage and hopelessness generated by decades of ruthless Neo-liberal policies created a climate where any possible change was likely to be seized upon. The appalling attempt to solve economic problems by imposing austerity needlessly reduced the quality of life so far it could not be tolerated without protest. Racist propaganda by the scumbag media was also a factor. It is certain that a majority of those who voted for Brexit had other reasons, but it is also absolutely clear that without the racist vote, it would not have passed. Consider that since the vote, hate crimes have risen significantly with the majority aimed at Muslims.

On the positive side, the tourist areas are booming. We avoided the standard tourist trail as far as possible, but wherever we crossed it, business was brisk and the streets were crowded with free spending visitors. There was also no sense that the nation was fracturing the way the US so clearly is. Brexit has been divisive but the hostility it has generated seemed temporary, moderate and focused on the politics. No-one as far as I could see was emphasising the north/south divide or the class divisions involved. Nor has there been any serious suggestion, at least as yet, that Scotland might prefer the EU to the UK.

An enlightening moment occurred in Liverpool during the Giants show. Three storey high puppets travelled through the streets as tens of thousands watched on. At one point, as the show moved on and we headed home, we came to an intersection where the crowds on each street had to pass through each other as they travelled in four different directions ...... and as we were jammed shoulder to shoulder trying to move, there was only laughter, good cheer and mutual respect. The next day at Anfield I heard a 50,000 strong choir sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" in perfect unison. Do not under-estimate this country, resilience is bred in its bones.

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Sunday, 28 Oct 2018 at 10:16pm

Insightful blind boy
Thanx

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 28 Oct 2018 at 11:52pm

I'll second that eat-your-vegies.
Cheers bb.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 8:15am

'The next day at Anfield I heard a 50,000 strong choir sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" in perfect unison. Do not under-estimate this country, resilience is bred in its bones.'

Oh no!!! Oh fucking no!!!! Oh yes but??? Oh fucking yes!!!???

'Biggles' rides again!!! Boys Own Annual New Edition!!! Out now!!! Roy Race of the Rovers strikes again... and again... and again... and again... in a nut shell!!!!

They are, they truly are resilient! On tour again, our very own 'queen of the world... and others...' And they know the beautifully conditioned and prepared flags will fly as all and sundry bow! Again! On cue! And those that don't, who gives a fuck! They know its too hard for most, too much effort, even though it doesn't cost a cent. They've done their 'work' well.

I ate 24 eggs a day, for years for year after year.

No sugar but. Its a breakthrough!!!!?? Haha. Some knew that years ago, the results were obvious. Still are. Some listened.

Ya gotta love ya some Doc Tanzi and boyz and girls! Or not. It doesn't matter, even when it does. Biggles and his lot, will live for ever.

'Lyn Fry an educational psychologist observers “When we’re talking about how a child learns to live with dogs, there’s obviously no deal, as such. There’s give and take, the dogs give their love, attention, and acceptance in a sense, while the child has to adapt to the dog’s situation. If that means eating raw meat and scavenging the rubbish tip, then that’s what has to be done in order to survive”.'

Feed them!!!! Throw them another bone!!! Again!!! Fucking just hurry up and fucking blind them with the fucking lights!!! Open another starbucks!!! We're doin' it tough!!! Again!! In a nutshell!!! Again... but...

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/queen-devastated-shock-buckingham-palace-...

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/meghan-markle-mirrors-kate-middleton-clas...

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/meghan-markle-delivers-moving-speech-invi...

The puppet show never ends!!! In a nutshell!!!

Corgis forever!!!!??

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 12:49pm

I'd reckon the good people of Liverpool would hold more respect and reverence for Bill Shankly than any of the royal family. And that includes the blue side of town.

And I've always admired the fact that the whole of Merseyside has boycotted Murdoch's S*n news rag since 89. And Liverpool FC have banned reporters from The S*n outright.

It was the UKs biggest selling rag.

Oh, and I don't reckon the royals are real popular in Scotland either, on the whole.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 1:04pm

Great mention of the resilience BB. Nice post. Travelling through the towns and locales that weren't The City, it became apparent that this was Depression, and what you get when you offshore your industry. Industry and production in the UK was shut on a massive scale and it was only about 2010 that UKGov realised, 'Hey, we might need to actually make things here. (auto, ships, space, aerospace, consumer durables)' In the meantime, distract the population with all sorts of social divisions, but whatever you do, don't mention the loss of productive industry.

In other news, Brazil just turned right:

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/brazil-lurches-jair-bolsonaro-apos-225...

Candidate also survived a stabbing attempt on the campaign trail. A South American country, actually voting right. Not a military junta. Che is not impressed. What a time to be alive.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 1:53pm

Liverpool is almost another country factotum. Of all the places we visited they have kept the strongest accent. I was fine with deep scouse but my wife didn't have a clue. It was also by far the friendliest place. If you stood still on the street for a minute, someone would start chatting and if you sat down in a pub or got in a cab, well it was your whole life story! Great museums and galleries, seriously good buskers all through the city ....... and two great football teams. (My mother's side were Everton supporters).

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 2:35pm

There is no such thing as a Liverpudlian just as there is no such thing as an Australian.

Sorry to break the news.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 3:21pm

Willfully mis-reading as usual, Blow In.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

And in other 'gold-fish-memory' related news:

http://latinamericanhistory.oxfordre.com/view/10.1093/acrefore/978019936...

https://www.alternet.org/world/7-fascist-regimes-enthusiastically-suppor...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 3:32pm

"There is no such thing as a Liverpudlian just as there is no such thing as an Australian."

Have I missed something?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 3:59pm

Nah, just Blow In, blowin' off.

Eco's listicle!

"To people who feel deprived of a clear social identity, Ur-Fascism says that their only privilege is the most common one, to be born in the same country. This is the origin of nationalism. Besides, the only ones who can provide an identity to the nation are its enemies. Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia. But the plot must also come from the inside: Jews are usually the best target because they have the advantage of being at the same time inside and outside. In the US, a prominent instance of the plot obsession is to be found in Pat Robertson’s The New World Order, but, as we have recently seen, there are many others."

Take your pick: Islam, Deep State, China, Russia, cultural Marxists etc etc

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 5:00pm

Well Facto , it’s not really misread when BB is remarking on how welcoming the Liverpudlians are. He’s generalising, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing as anecdotal evidence quite often rings true.

This kind light shone on Liverpudlians depicts them as differentiated from other Poms and from other people. It’s defining a culture. If Liverpudlians can be defined on such a loose premise then so can Australians.

Facto is one of those who’d have you believe that there is no intrinsic differentiator that can allow someone to be a proud Australian.

Of course there is , but like an accent , it’s got to be viewed in contrast with something else to be obvious.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 5:05pm

“Besides, the only ones who can provide an identity to the nation are its enemies. “

Total garbage .

If I walk into a bar in Jamaica and start claiming I was Jamaican , I’d be laughed at and told that I was Australian. My national identity confirmed and defined and it certainly didn’t take an enemy to do it. We are defined by our culture same as any nation.

Just cause you , as an Australian, can’t hear my Aussie accent , doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Same with your witnessing my culture.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 7:34pm

New plane two engines WTF?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 8:05pm

Fuck sake, Blow In, this merry-go-round again? Strawman much, you muppet?

& Eco = garbage. Right...........

More non-reading, hey?

(eyes roll back in head)

Whoever's interested in Blow In's 'ideas' and further 'discussion', go look at the last page of the books thread, or the last page of the memes one. Or whatever.

I dunno. I'm losing the will to live on here.

Actually, you go there Blow In, have a READ, and maybe answer something...anything...THAT IS ACTUALLY BEING DISCUSSED...NOT THE VOICES AND 'STORIES' IN YOUR FUNNY LITTLE HERMETIC WORLD OF FEAR.

Good night and good luck.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Oct 2018 at 8:17pm

The origin of nationalism is tribalism which was , and still is , a survival technique.

The attempted dilution of tribalism is what lead to the loss of identity. You’ve got it arse about.

Why do you think everyone walks around with brands covering every item they own . People want to belong. Nationalism is community , a unity and belonging that people have evolved to need to feel safe and happy.

Nothing evil , untoward or to be ashamed of .

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 30 Oct 2018 at 9:17am

But something to be very closely monitored as the concept has (almost) always been perverted and abused.

Q: Why do so many leaders want a war?
A: Because the nation loves a strongman. A war, whether it be necessary or not - and it's mostly the latter - secures their tenure at the top.

Nationalism has been twisted and abused, hell it's threatened humankind many times, particularly during the Cold War, that it's completely understandable people would question it.

It's not the nation being rejected, it's the cynical facade projected by machiavellian politicians that's getting tossed out.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 30 Oct 2018 at 4:00pm
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 30 Oct 2018 at 4:42pm

I agree blowin

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 2 Nov 2018 at 11:00am
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 2 Nov 2018 at 11:16am

Eye-catching headline...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 2 Nov 2018 at 11:33am

Is a cartelier similar to a sommelier?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 11:50am

Looks like all the ingredients are there for another Cronulla riot type event.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/two-muggings-by-gang-of-up-to-1...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 1:01pm

........yeh let's stir up a bit of racial hatred, there's always a few votes in it.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 3:06pm

Hmmm, I live in Vicco and roughly once month travel into Melbourne for a night out. Notwithstanding what federal and state LNP politicians shameless say we have never felt threatened or worried about walking around the city at night. Tens of thousands of Melburnians do likewise on a daily basis.

That is not say there isn't a law and order problem with a very small section of the African community and the police and communities groups are working very hard to rectify this. The fact that politicians and some sections of the media attempt to politicise the issue is shameless.

Your referencing Cronulla is valid @Blowin only in so far as Melbourne thankfully doesn't have an Alan Jones type of character to whip people into a frenzy (didn't Jones get sanctioned by the media authorities for his role on the Cronulla riots?).

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 5:03pm

Abbott delivers elder statesman like apology to first nation people!

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/nitv-news/article/2018/11/02/tony-abbott-say...

P'tai's picture
P'tai's picture
P'tai Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 7:50pm

The invasion of their time in class, or the longer bow..... no context in that clip, not possible to draw a conclusion.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 1:01pm

Classic.

As said in the article, this is like something out of The Onion.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2018/11/baby-boomer-heartbreak-as-chine...

Such a hard luck story.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 1:23pm

Yeh people are greedy. We are going to auction our apartment soon and expect about $200,000 less than we could have got last year ....... if it sells at all. No complaints, we have options. Some of those who bought at the peak are probably into negative equity already.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 1:34pm

Got to say I agree with all the pull quotes, I’ve yet to watch the video. If I do at all TL : DW .

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2018/11/steve-bannon-chinese-world-vision/

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 1:33pm

What’s $200K between friends, BB !!!?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 1:42pm

.........it's a friggin' lot of money, is what it is! But you can't lose what you never had.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 1:50pm

Better to think of what it’s gained in value in the past 5 years , rather than the fraction of which it has declined in the past 12 months.

I’d be getting out now if I was you though. Shit is going to get crazy.

Obviously , this is not investment advice. How the fuck would I know ?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 2:33pm

That's the plan, Blowin. Pay off the remaining mortgage and buy outright near some decent south coast waves ......... something modest!

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 3:05pm

Modest is good. It's been a bit of a squeeze but it's been good.

The secret to happiness is to admire without desire.

eg "That's a nice Ferrari. But how would I even fit a board in it?"

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm

Blowin there was a link in the comments of that Macrobusiness Baby Boomer article that is really worth a read:

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/2167731/desperate-chi...

Quotes like:

'“Ausin was very popular for Chinese looking to buy property overseas, and their offices were in the best location in every city. So it was the most reliable option for us – we are mostly ordinary Chinese – to buy property in Australia and get around the restrictions on transferring capital out of China,” he said.'

This begs a question, that will follow. The Chinese buyers are often astute business people who can see the winds of change beginning to blow against them in China. They have worked hard during a time of great economic expansion. They are drawn to the good points about Australia - environment, rule of law, societal care such as health care; and our freedoms - freedom of speech, freedom to own property, balances in government. Their purpose is to avoid capital controls.

The question: should this be allowed at the price of denying locals who have grown up and paid into this society, the option of affordable shelter? Such large capital flows (along with other policy/low interest rates admittedly) will and have distorted the local real estate market against young Australians. At what point does the nation say "enough"?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 5 Nov 2018 at 6:39pm

Incredible , but not surprising, that it was ever allowed at all.

Fucked us over in so many ways. The classic is when it’s swooningly described as foreign investment as though we are somehow attaining an asset . We swap irreplaceable land for a handful of cash. Disinvestment is more apt.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 12:57pm

Despite zero evidence backing up their claims , scientists continue to refuse to entertain any possibility that a single shark may develop an appreciation of humans as a food source. That of the sinisterly named “ rogue shark “.

This is due to a virtual blanket refusal of scientists to acknowledge that on occasion, sharks do eat humans intentionally . This fatwa against a scientific theory is a result of an urge to protect shark numbers declining through further fishing . So while the ends are suitably noble , the means are fucking ridiculous.

Individual behaviour of any species cannot be predicted or delineated by the actions of the mean of that species. Just because most sharks don’t prey on humans doesn’t guarantee they all don’t.

Yet another pattern of attacks in a localised manner :https://www.smh.com.au/national/queensland/paramedics-responding-to-repo...

Repeat after me - Its OK to say that sharks sometimes eat people . This head in the sand attitude is the least scientific garbage I’ve ever heard of. Many circumstance and cases of shark attack patterns are explained with the consideration of the single man eater theory.

Pretty obvious it’s the case in some situations really.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 1:35pm

I note they caught 4 Tiger sharks after the two attacks prior to this third fatal attack. So, based on the rogue theory the culprit is still at large? Care to offer up a solution Blowin?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 2:01pm

No solution, mate.

Just acknowledging reality would be a start.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 2:10pm

Yep, fair enough.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 2:28pm

Scientists are skeptics Blowin. They follow the evidence. In this case yes there probably is circumstantial evidence for your position but it is very far from conclusive and extremely difficult to design research to further investigate it. Shark attacks are rare events and the fact that they occur in clusters could be explained by numerous factors other than a single "rogue" shark. Think water temperature, visibility, availability of other prey etc etc. Scientists are trained not to jump to conclusions.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 2:42pm

That’s exactly my point , BB.

How are they able to rule out , or even cast doubt on the theory , without adequate evidence ?

Instead of - “ yes , it’s possible and probable “ it’s either “ extremely unlikely “ or a flat out “ not possible “.

Vested interest in outcomes as typifies so much science.

Can’t you just imagine Shark Girl saying - “Yes, some sharks become aware of humans as a potential food source and include them in their feeding patterns , if only for short periods of time at limited locations “

Will not happen. Not until the ideological consensus among scientists changes

And that’s what it is , an ideology..

If scientists were sceptical as they’re supposed to be the the rogue shark theory would still stand.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 2:50pm

Persuade me then Blowin. The only evidence I am aware of is the clustering of attacks. What else have you got?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 5:25pm

2 deaths , 11 days apart . 350m between attack locations. 1940 Sans Souci, Botany Bay.

2 people attacked within 4 hours , 3 miles apart . Sydney harbour 1934.

Madang harbour , New Guinea - single tiger shark involved in 3 attacks in one day , 2 fatal. 9 days later another fatal attack . Same area one week later professional divers harassed by 4 metre tiger. Same day another fatal attack. Four years later , 2 attacks in a single day , 1 fatal. No attacks before or since.

New Jersey , 1916. 4 fatal attacks by white pointer in a RIVER ( !! ) in 12 day period. Shark caught with remains from multiple humans inside .Attacks ceased . No attacks before or since.

North of Cairns , 1940’s , 5 fatal attacks in 4 years

1942/ 1943 anniversary attacks 2 fatalities, same location in Botany Bay .

Coogee beach , 1923 . 2 fatal attacks , 4 weeks apart . Anniversary attack - 1924 double amputation, anniversary attack 1925 single amputation .

No recorded attacks on Northern beaches till 1934 2 fatals , 2 months apart . Anniversary attack 1935 fatal , anniversary attack 1936 fatal. 4 fatal attacks total.

3 attacks George’s river within a single year.

3 attacks at Bondi in 1928.

3 attacks , 1 fatal in 2 months , Cid harbour , QLD. 2018.

Durban , South Africa , 1957 , 7 attacks, 5 fatalities in 3 months . No attacks for 40 years previous. Next 8 years , 19 attacks , 6 fatal.

Coolangatta 1937 , undisputed single shark . 2 attacks on same day , 2 fatalities.

North West , New Guinea , 1998. 2 fatal attacks in a river during a weekend.

Port Moresby, 1956 , 4 attacks in 1 month, 2 fatalities.

San Juan , Puerto Rico , 6 attacks between 1922-1925 , some fatal.

1940 Ahvaz river, Persian gulf , 27 (!!) attacks in 8 years.

Cluster at SA

Cluster at Byron/ Ballina

Cluster at SW WA.

Of course not all of these are likely to be single shark attacks , but some undoubtedly are , such as the New Jersey attacks.

Either way , how can the theory be summarily dismissed without evidence?

Is “ unlikely “ a scientific principle now ?

Sharks , like most animals, follow patterns that vary in their cycle and scope. I know spots where you can predict, virtually without fail , when a shark will pass on its patrol due to either stage of tide or time of day. Convergent evolution states that an animal will follow a routine or pattern of behaviour in order to maximise its chances of success. Sharks are no different .

It’s very possible and very likely, that some sharks will treat humans as a food source and predate humans in the same locations that they have enjoyed success at previously.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 5:02pm

Interesting Blowin. So if I was putting up a proposal for further research I would be looking at taking shark DNA samples from attack victims as part of the treatment protocol. So where is the evidence that "scientists" have dismissed this evidence? Minor point, convergent evolution is the process in which organisms with different evolutionary backgrounds evolve similar characteristics in response to similar environments. Think sharks and dolphins.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 5:06pm
Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 5:31pm

Convergent evolution is where multiple species evolve the same patterns of behaviour due to the behaviours rate of success. Sharks have evolved routine and pattern hunting behaviour as have many others . This routine hunting behaviour is being dismissed when humans are the prey species.

Why ?

Sorry I forced convergent evolution in there , BB. I was only reading about it last night and I was stoked at an ( inappropriate ) opportunity to shoehorn it into a post.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018 at 5:16pm

The evidence that the single shark theory is dismissed is everywhere. Name a single occasion where you have seen it suggested . It’s career suicide to evoke any belief that sharks may predate on humans.

To suggest they might make a habit of it is to face the wrath of your eco warrior peers. Yes , that’s emotive. Doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Scientists will forever state that there is no evidence to support such a theory. There is also no evidence to suggest that it isn’t true , yet the scientific community will not acknowledge or consider it with any vigor.

Why not ?