Health, fitness and wellbeing

groundswell's picture
groundswell started the topic in Wednesday, 6 Jul 2022 at 7:19pm

For people focusing on surfing fitness, long lasting sexual fitness and drive too. Update your exercise routines, diet and routines. also surf sessions and any improvements.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 6:44pm

ps i was taking the piss about benchongs. Only once did i kiss one and then noticed she was one and she followed me to my room. i said "no ive got a girfriend" to which she wouldnt leave. a hot dressed up girl came out and said in bahasa ":he's my boyfriend fuck off"..As the hotty left she grabbed and felt my hand and i said "terimah kasih cantik".
The next morning she was on the phone on a seat outside my room, i went out and spoke to her and asked her to join me for breakfast...I could go on but its for another time and ill probably get rocked.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 6:48pm

How did you notice Groundy ...the Bulge or by doing the Paul Hogan Squirrel Grip ?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 6:50pm

Udo i smoke about one rolly a week and e smoke every half an hour. i have a prescription for nicotine juice and get it sent every six months.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 6:52pm

adams apple and then felt her bulge on the dance floor.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 6:59pm

Every half an hour jeezus.. But i do know that heavy Nicotine dependence is a Schizophrenic Trait.
Groundy your supposed to check for the Adams Apple before Tongue Kissing

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 6:59pm

you can probably hear me sniggering from here Groundy.

laughing with you, not at you.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 7:08pm

Ditto over here :-)

You're broadly loved, groundy.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 11:15pm

Thanks fellas...a little bit dissapointed i ealier didnt notice her adams apple.

stunet wrote:

Nice. Wonder if it was Jake B?

I've clocked plenty of six and seven hour days in the water here, paddling non-stop on the bigger days, fuelled by good healthy food, with a tang and a dang for dessert, head on the pillow shortly after sunset.

Don't need the battle ropes just yet.

Nothing in the world is better for your surfing fitness than at least a few weeks at g-land if the swells consistent..Ive never seen kongs below 1-2foot though so imo it breaks 28 days a month. The other days are rare monsoon winds.
Not sure if it was Jake but it rings a bell.

arcadia's picture
arcadia's picture
arcadia Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 11:49pm

H20, going back to spiders on drugs, the caffeinated spiders web was more haphazard than perfect. LSD on the other hand has a certain minimalistic appeal.
https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/nasa-spiders-drugs-experiment/

H2O's picture
H2O's picture
H2O Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 5:41am

Arcadia. I stand corrected.

Joshy2000's picture
Joshy2000's picture
Joshy2000 Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 12:20pm

Just heard Tim Baker surf journalist on radio speaking about his battle with cancer, he’s written a book on it.
I wish him all the best and hope he’s doing okay.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 1:27pm

Hope he goes well hes a top journalist and great bloke..i think im friends with him on facebook and like his posts. One of my heroes growing up Ox from shark island had the big C and completely recovered as far as im aware and still charging shark island.Hopefully Tim Baker recovers too.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 14 Jul 2022 at 1:07pm
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 14 Jul 2022 at 2:03pm

haha.. "Does it hurt ?"

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Thursday, 14 Jul 2022 at 3:13pm

Love it TS, it's exactly how I felt.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 14 Jul 2022 at 8:54pm

classic stuff Udo and tubeshooter funny stuff...i felt the same way as ace ventura but got over it pretty quickly once the meeting up with the well dressed girl and things went well with her.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 7:40am

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 3:45am

Well the slight brag slight wank of a story and grubbiness of my room and talk of lady boys sure killed this thread!!! That will be my last ever naughty story.

Keep it going Berliegh etc im interested in the rope pulls and routines you do. However i dont think my surfing will ever be the same as it was ten years ago and even 20 years ago on a lid no matter how much training i do.
Im aiming for 100 situps a day and 6km of jogging to the point and back each morning, then going for 500 situps and 200 pushups a day which last i did in Perth and my surfing in the marges area was way better after doing 500 situps a day after work and all sots of exercises with one 20kg barbell solo weight i bought. No areas i can put up a chin up bar though right now unless i buy my apartment.
I do have a gym setup which hasa pull down bar and i can use light weights (10-20 pound) on doing fast pulls and slow reclines(or whatever its called ) and lots of reps of 40-50 in each set. Found a slight difference in paddling.Need to stick at it.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 7:15am
groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 7:52am

Maybe...i wonder if i need permission from the owners or real estate?
How does it fix to the door? would it be permanent damage?
When im ready to leave i could just buy a new door...already need to buy a new oven as i left chicken in there when i was playing a computer game, forgot about it for too long and now the oven is uncleanable and sets off the smoke detector every time i use it.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 8:19am

Groundy look at some pics of them they dont attach to the Door
Your oven is able to be cleaned...the right cleaner and some effort.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 8:32am

Ok i tried to upload a pic of one hanging off the door frame but my imgur account must be full. I get the drift. Thanks Udo...They are super cheap too and can be used for sit up and push ups as well.

As for the oven i tried three bottles of some oven cleaner,scourers and those steel wool things but still the fat and burnt chicken fat wont come off...An oven is only about $500 so when im leaving i'll just buy a new one..Most of my meals are microwave or toaster anyway.Or i'll just say keep my own new fridge, washing machine, maybe instead as well as all my furniture.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 8:54am

How much of those 3 bottles of oven cleaner did you breathe in?
Jeezus

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 8:56am
groundswell wrote:

Well the slight brag slight wank of a story and grubbiness of my room and talk of lady boys sure killed this thread!!! That will be my last ever naughty story.

Keep it going Berliegh etc im interested in the rope pulls and routines you do. However i dont think my surfing will ever be the same as it was ten years ago and even 20 years ago on a lid no matter how much training i do.
Im aiming for 100 situps a day and 6km of jogging to the point and back each morning, then going for 500 situps and 200 pushups a day which last i did in Perth and my surfing in the marges area was way better after doing 500 situps a day after work and all sots of exercises with one 20kg barbell solo weight i bought. No areas i can put up a chin up bar though right now unless i buy my apartment.
I do have a gym setup which hasa pull down bar and i can use light weights (10-20 pound) on doing fast pulls and slow reclines(or whatever its called ) and lots of reps of 40-50 in each set. Found a slight difference in paddling.Need to stick at it.

Make sure you have rest days between muscle groups. 200 push ups one day, next day rest, gives time for muscle fibres to heal. Break up your routine... Resting body is vital also with training, especially as you get older....

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 9:06am
groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 9:24am

Haha icandig, after watching that im thinking twice about a chin up bar.
Might just stick with my gym system sit ups and push ups jogging and pushy.

andy-mac wrote:

Make sure you have rest days between muscle groups. 200 push ups one day, next day rest, gives time for muscle fibres to heal. Break up your routine... Resting body is vital also with training, especially as you get older....

Ok good advice there, will remember it.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 10:23am

Stay safe Groundy. Chins are a great exercise if you can do them - build up to it though - been trying for a while and can manage a few now. Do too much too early and you risk injury. Injured shoulders are no good for paddling.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 11:22am

Will do. My older engineer brother built a solid one under my mums house where we called it the den...awesome setup solidly fixed. Could probably handle a 200kg beast. Haven't done a chin up since i lived there though. That den we had a mad sound system computer and internet..mad place to get drunk or get on mushies and acid listening to trance music or bush prog, psy trance. Had about 10 bodyboards about 15 surfboards under there ..i gave most of the boards away to my mates when i was planning to come to WA.
That place you could have grown about 50 2 pounder plants under there there was so much room.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 11:32am

Far out there's about 10 stories in one post there GS. Never know where your brain is gunna go. Seriously - find a good biographer, change the names / dates / postcodes etc... and you've got a book ready to go.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 1:11pm

haha thanks i'll think about it but there will be some dull moments, like waiting for swell on the east coast NSW and living in Perth was kind of dull when i was unemployed and not able to grow dope for a while. Anyway i think i might be able to write a longer story about some things that have happened.

On topic just went for a pushy ride to the post office and chemist might start trying to do some sit ups and push ups.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 1:13pm

Why did you move to Perth?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 1:34pm

I was offered a chance with a cronulla lad old mate tattoo artist (so not poor) who had been living in WA for about 15 years, who wanted one of my boards but said i'll shout you a trip to WA if i can have that board. If you dont like it i'll pay for you to go back to the nulla.
Found out he just wanted someone to help pay his extreme electricity bills and someone to look after his "chillies" while he went on holidays with his girlfriend. Also look after and take his dogs for walks.
Once i got a job as a forklifter he got the shits i couldnt do those things and he wanted me to give him $350 a week for him to save for me so i wouldnt spend it on boards etc and in three months he'll have $5 grand or so for me to go to indo. But he was a scam artist from the start...still is.

One day i had a day off work and drank his last six pack and i didnt have a car so i rode 5km to the bottle shop who were sold out of carlton draught. I bought Lewenbrua instead as they were a better beer in my oppinion and cheaper. He came home cracked the shits and beat me up. i imediately bought a car for $900 and lived in it for about a month before finding accomadation.
Things worked out well though but my schiz really kicked in big time living like that...watching police helicopters follow me around and hearing voices in the helicopters etc.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 2:16pm

I should have known not to take the offer, when i was 18 i asked him to find some seeds for me or some clones. He said yep $50 ill get you some seeds. he wanted me to wait out the front and bought a half quart for himself and said to me next week if you give me another $50 he will have clones durban poison. Trusted him and he bought weed for himself again. Ofcoarse i didn't realize this until hindsight kicked in.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 2:25pm

Are you off the Herb these days Groundy
it can mess with your Meds a bit...same as your Nicotine Vaping
Did you ever chase up that Kalbarri Honey ?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 3:04pm

udo yep off the herb, last time i smoked some was at a wake for a close mates son,about a month ago but a drunken half well rolled joint of weak stuff..didnt notice a thing. But as i was straight everyone was getting me to roll joints. I was on valium as it was such a crowd.
Anyway cops were constantly driving past knowing someone was foolish enough to drive home drunk from the event. I just got a taxi..Feel pretty lucky we have a taxi van in a small town like this.Well as well as another taxi/tourist van that can give transport, but he mostly gives transport to euros etc going to the natutres window and tourist trips and is more expensive than the other taxi.

Mull always messed with me even though i hung out with a lot of mull smokers but i liked growing it and gave discount prices to all my mates for top shelf strains starting with white rhino (bought feminized seeds from a nearby nulla hydro shop who taught me everything until internet weed sites became a thing)ak47, blueberry, og kush, romper stomper, chemdawg..all sorts of good strains...had a good rep for top shelf at mates rates ($10 a gram) for small amounts or $3000 a pound. Which i was really ripping myself off.But i had a clear conscience.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022 at 4:17pm

Kalbarri honey is owned by one of my friends and hes out for a while.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 9:44am

Thanks for posting that Udo.

I have attended many MET calls over the years on deteriorating oncology patients, where goals of care have not even been discussed with the patient. From my experience, oncology patients rarely have NFR orders on admission, and when they deteriorate there are frantic calls to the treating Oncologist trying to clarify these goals.
On one particularly harrowing occasion, the patient literally died in front of me without the patient or family being advised of the severity of the prognosis, during the course of their illness.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 10:27am
san Guine wrote:

Thanks for posting that Udo.

I have attended many MET calls over the years on deteriorating oncology patients, where goals of care have not even been discussed with the patient. From my experience, oncology patients rarely have NFR orders on admission, and when they deteriorate there are frantic calls to the treating Oncologist trying to clarify these goals.
On one particularly harrowing occasion, the patient literally died in front of me without the patient or family being advised of the severity of the prognosis, during the course of their illness.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 10:39am

My father died of metastatic cancer last year. He kept his illnesses to himself and by the time he was officially diagnosed it was all through his body. He lasted about 6 weeks in care. For the most part he was lucid and he was also very accepting and upbeat. A believer in stoicism. His wishes were to voluntarily end his life, but the hoops he had to jump through were just too many and too complex. We had many discussions with him and he was NFR from the start. I have to say that he was very well cared for despite some of his protestations. We got to say goodbye properly and I'm grateful for it. Whilst upsetting it was ultimately an enlightening experience.

I have great respect for everyone in the medical profession in this country - We are unlikely to get free medical care to our level in most parts of the world. Tim Baker's experience is a shame but probably more to do with the shortage of qualified professionals and the pressures on that particular doctor to see as many patients as possible in a short amount of time. I would guess it's more a systemic problem.

Tim is also a great journalist / novelist. From Tracks to Bustin Down the door to the Rip Curl story....I've loved reading much of his work.

I hope his switch to the new doctor works out for him.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 6 Aug 2022 at 9:58pm

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 6 Aug 2022 at 10:17pm

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 25 Aug 2022 at 10:31pm

Barrel Daithwaite's picture
Barrel Daithwaite Tuesday, 6 Sep 2022 at 3:58pm

Not sure where I should put this but ill fire away as curious if anyone else had something similar.

I'm fit, healthy, surf regularly, stretch, yoga and other fitness activities. But only when I surf I get neck pain in one side very consistently. If I take a few days off surfing it stops and as soon as I start paddling again it happens. Massage/stretching/fitness bands etc dont seem to help. Is this just what getting old is? Potentially something with my paddling technique? I can't recall any injuries that it might stem from, started happening maybe 6 months ago now comes back after every session.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 6 Sep 2022 at 4:44pm

Sounds like paddling technique to me. I would advise to buy Nick Carroll's guide book on surfing techniques and tips, i forget the name of it, i had it and helped with paddling and also techniques for layback cutbacks etc.
I will look on amazon for you and get back to you.

PS. thanks Udo for keeping this thread alive.

Barrel Daithwaite Friday, 9 Sep 2022 at 11:25am

thanks, will check it out

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 26 Sep 2022 at 5:15pm

Zen said :
I gave up drinking at the beginning of this year. I've drank in moderation socially only three times this year. I don't miss it one bit. I've saved a stack of cash, I'm clearer, brighter, surfing better and my wife is happier too.

I'm totally not a wowser, I'm just glad that I've taken control of booze rather than revolving my life around it.

Gd work Zenny...ill take a guess that your down about 4 or more kgs in weight too ?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 26 Sep 2022 at 6:33pm

5 Udo.

Surfing well too.

Cheers.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Monday, 26 Sep 2022 at 6:47pm

Good work indeed Zen, paying off in spades. Off thread topic, I have been wondering which hypto you went with in the end.