2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 9:48pm

Big Clive was crapping on the same shit last election . When it comes to lying this bloke is in the same class as slomo and people actually believe these two dirt bags and vote for them . https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politics/federal/uap-labels-chinese-own...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 10:12pm

Record Oz wide Voters are denied their Vote
tbb still believes it's Oz wide Nat Cab Covid Promo!

This ABC Test / Case Graph is a perfect interstate / National AEC Spike Promo!
It looks like the perfect evil plan, but is it perfectly orchestrated as a distraction?
tbb recently shared a perfect set of Test > Case Pokie Numbers...ABC graph must be the bookend.

Someone has perfectly shaped fruity loops with every state's AEC cut off Peak like a horror show!

See wot the crew thinks...total set up if there ever was one! (Tests and new cases)
WA is the star of the show but every single State is in on the Game!

100% backs up tbb's sinister AEC plot but all too well...as if evil doer shapes this Test / case link?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/coronavirus-cases-data-reveals-ho...

Last =Test Peak > Peak AEC May & drop
O Z. ( 29th Jan ) > 135 (AEC)117k
nsw(10th April) > 47k (AEC) 40k
VIC ( 31st Jan ) > 28k (AEC) 24k
Qld ( 18th Feb ) > 13k (AEC) 10k
WA (14th Mar ) > 26k (AEC) 23k
S A ( 12th Apr ) > 15k (AEC) 13k
Tas (16th April) > 1.6k (AEC) 1.4k
ACT ( 11th Jan ) > 3.8k (AEC) 3.4k
N.T. (11th April) >1.1k (AEC) 0.9k

All too perfect once again! Almost like an Election Grinch is fucking us over...& problem is?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 10:14pm
burleigh wrote:

Was a great feeling. Thanking the UAP volunteers on the way in. Normally I try hide from them.

Today I voted for freedom

The look on the majors volunteers was even better. I feel a lot of people voted for UAP today

Todays freedoms were won mainly by organised labour (yes unions) brave hearts standing against police trudgens fighting for our rights best example is actually your part of Australia went it was run by Bjelke-Petersen, authoritarian and corrupted to the core.

Fat billionaires and grifters arla Kelly were no where to be seen and never will be, you been had well and truly.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 10:26pm

I see no one hid sepp’s tin foil hat while he was away, sad

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 10:26pm
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Google it big fella.
Cut 'n' paste, it'll be the first thing that pops up.

By the way Indo, you post the most egregious bullshit with nary a link.

Yep, imagine the dirt on every politician over the years on shit they have voted for.

Nothing but a smear campaign from cut and paste.

Of course it’s the first thing that comes up. That’s part of the problem and freedom of speech.

Are you really that stupid AndyM?
Zzzzzzz

A smear campaign?
It's all on the public record, it's straight from parliament.

Whether it's Indo saying that increases in port fees and increases in electricity costs are "opinion", or you saying that parliamentary transcripts are a "smear", you fellas need to get your shit together.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 10:27pm

haha .. Joh for PM

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 10:43pm

As an example Burls, here's the record of the Illegal Logging Prohibition Bill 2011.

20th Aug 2012, 4:30 PM – Representatives
Illegal Logging Prohibition Bill 2011 - Consideration in Detail - Agree to the bill
Share Facebook Twitter Summary Edit
The majority voted in favour of a motion to agree to the bill, as it was amended in the House of Representatives.

Background of the bill
The bill will prohibit:

importing and selling all timber products that contain illegally logged timber; and
processing illegally harvested domestically grown raw logs.
It will also introduce due diligence requirements and require products that are legally logged to be accurately described before being put up for sale in Australia.

Read more about the bill in its bill summary.

External links
Debate in Parliament
Illegal Logging Prohibition Bill 2012
Votes Passed by a small majority
People who are for ending illegal logging would have voted Yes
Add or update related policies
Nobody rebelled against their party.

Party Votes
Adam Bandt Melbourne
Australian Greens
Yes
Australian Labor Party
(93% turnout)
65 Yes – 0 No show members
Natasha Griggs Solomon
Country Liberal Party
No
Anna Burke Chisholm
Deputy Speaker
Absent
Robert Oakeshott Lyne
Independent
Yes
Craig Thomson Dobell
Independent
Yes
Andrew Wilkie Denison
Independent
Yes
Tony Windsor New England
Independent
Yes
Bob Katter Kennedy
Katter's Australian Party
Absent
Liberal Party
(93% turnout)
0 Yes – 55 No show members
National Party
(92% turnout)
0 Yes – 11 No show members
Peter Slipper Fisher
Speaker
Absent
Totals
(91% turnout)
70 Yes – 67 No

https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/divisions/representatives/2012-08-20/2

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 11:00pm

Reckon Burls would have voted for Joh 100%, woulda been a big fan.

"Andy that's not true, you're making it up."

"But Burleigh, here's the evidence, it's been recorded in black and white."

"No, no, no Andy, that's a falsehood, you can flog a dead horse you mark my words, and it's still a dead horse, fool me once and the horse is still lying down, fool me twice and by jingos it doesn't turn into Phar Lap, it's a lie, you're putting my words into your mouth and then watching my ears move with your nose as it grows longer like a wooden puppet."

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 11:21pm

10 years ago. Clutching here AndyM. Really clutching

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:30am

You wanna paint a long term picture or what?
Here's some on anti-corruption, 14 bills from 2009 to 2021.
It's all there for you.
By the way, Craig Kelly isn't big on anti-corruption stuff.
And he's a grub and a bullshit artist.
And you support him.

"No Andy no, none of it is real, it's biased, it's a smear campaign, you're wrong".

https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/policies/86#divisions

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:29am

This ones for you tbb. Kooyong candidate Dr Monique Ryan raised funds last night to take Special Minister of State, Ben Morton, to the Federal Court.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/19/aec-anomaly-means...

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Friday, 20 May 2022 at 6:40am
burleigh wrote:

10 years ago. Clutching here AndyM. Really clutching

It’s not a stitch up burleigh, here is his voting record. Worth diving in just to see what he is all about, after all isn't the idea to find someone to represent what you believe in?

https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/representatives/hughes/craig_kelly

As for his boss....well.......7% attendance rate makes it hard to see what he's about

https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/representatives/fairfax/clive_palmer

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 7:32am

burleigh, out of his depth is a delight. Proven to be, just not that smart. So fucking dumb.

Should go for a surf..if he actually surfed, but he doesn’t, so he can’t.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 20 May 2022 at 7:48am

For the record, here are the voting options for McPherson (which takes in Burleigh Heads), in ballot order (interestingly, it has two less independents than the 2019 election).

Karen Andrews | Liberal National Party
Kevin Hargraves | Pauline Hanson's One Nation
Gary Pead | Australian Federation Party
Scott Turner | Greens
Andy Cullen | Australian Values Party
Joshua Berrigan | United Australia Party
Glenn Pyne | Liberal Democrats
Carl Ungerer | Australian Labor Party

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-16/who-will-you-be-voting-for-in-the...

Can certainly understand why someone might not want to vote for either of the two majors.

But out of six independents, why did you choose UAP and PHON, Burleigh? (sorry if you have already answered this). Do you really think UAP will cap interest rates at 3%?

Or is yours a protest vote? If so, do you understand where the UAP preferences will flow?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 7:54am

EDITORIAL
Why the Morrison government does not deserve another term
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/why-the-morrison-government-does...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:11am
thermalben wrote:

For the record, here are the voting options for McPherson (which takes in Burleigh Heads), in ballot order (interestingly, it has two less independents than the 2019 election).

Karen Andrews | Liberal National Party
Kevin Hargraves | Pauline Hanson's One Nation
Gary Pead | Australian Federation Party
Scott Turner | Greens
Andy Cullen | Australian Values Party
Joshua Berrigan | United Australia Party
Glenn Pyne | Liberal Democrats
Carl Ungerer | Australian Labor Party

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-16/who-will-you-be-voting-for-in-the...

Can certainly understand why someone might not want to vote for either of the two majors.

But out of six independents, why did you choose UAP and PHON, Burleigh? (sorry if you have already answered this). Do you really think UAP will cap interest rates at 3%?

Or is yours a protest vote? If so, do you understand where the UAP preferences will flow?

UAP had preferenced Liberal Democrats second, however I did not follow their preferences. FYI they had the majors last.

Clive was the first major person to openly talk out against mandatory vaccinations, i also attended protests in Brisbane where he was. Craig Kelly introduced bills into parliament to try stop this vaccine bullshit unsuccessfully.

Is he a grub? Probably, but tell me what politician that isn’t. Just look the last two years, it’s obvious corruption runs very high in our government at all levels with secret deals to get certain legislation through.

3% internet rates. I don’t really care. Funny you haven’t mentioned broken promises from the major parties since the beginning of time

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:11am
Roadkill wrote:

burleigh, out of his depth is a delight. Proven to be, just not that smart. So fucking dumb.

Should go for a surf..if he actually surfed, but he doesn’t, so he can’t.

Triple jabbed being sick for weeks with covid then defending the vaccine sounds pretty dumb to me toady

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:32am
thermalben wrote:

Or is yours a protest vote? If so, do you understand where the UAP preferences will flow?

My understanding is in the House of Representatives, if he numbered all the boxes or at least 6 he would have had to include one major so if none of those other parties got enough votes, his preference eventually flowed on in full to that one major and not been decided by his vote for AUP.

In the Senate though if you only number six boxes, your vote can be decided by the parties own preferences and not yours if you don't preference a party that gets enough votes in the 6 you number. (i believe its the first party you number that would then decided your preference)

BTW. Not all AUP preferences go to LNP anyway something like 30% go to Labor

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:35am
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

burleigh, out of his depth is a delight. Proven to be, just not that smart. So fucking dumb.

Should go for a surf..if he actually surfed, but he doesn’t, so he can’t.

Triple jabbed being sick for weeks with covid then defending the vaccine sounds pretty dumb to me toady

Tha's all you got?

You should have stayed in the covid thread....coming in here and mouthing off just reconfirms how dumb you really are.

UAP. lmao

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:51am

@Indo
"Not all AUP preferences go to LNP anyway something like 30% go to Labor"

Where'd you get that figure from?

Yesterday at 6.25pm you said "I always link things like that".

No you don't.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:55am

The UAP has done one good thing - it has called out the madness of the full lockdowns and kept this destructive (in terms of social, economic, mental health, other health impacts) and ultimately futile strategy in the spotlight rather than it being brushed under the carpet and / or painted by history as a success. This lessens the likelihood of this strategy being used again to all our benefit.

Other than that, their polices are mostly chock full of unintended consequences (e.g. regional tax breaks = massive spike in house prices for regions and more crowded coastlines).

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:01am
AndyM wrote:

@Indo
"Not all AUP preferences go to LNP anyway something like 30% go to Labor"

Where'd you get that figure from?

Yesterday at 6.25pm you said "I always link things like that".

No you don't.

Sorry the figure is slightly wrong its 40% not 30%

"At a press conference on Saturday, Clive Palmer said that the party was preferencing Liberal or “Liberal independents” in 60% of seats, and Labor candidates in 40% of seats."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/09/united-australia-...

BTW. One point is very different to a whole page of points with no link to support them.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:01am

UAP and Clive talking about workers super going offshore...is the absolute funniest thing. That UAP clowns can take this shit without even blinking is beyond me. You have to just look at the UAP supporter to know they are a few brain cells short of being normal.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:04am

The one thing I know is politics and the current system is broken beyond repair. Representing the people is a long gone thing.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:13am

It's a shit game. Could probably say it's always been this way.

The UAP bid is a classic example: On one side they're put forth a very good pitch, and they've secured a passionate and engaged core who finally feel they're being listened to, yet on the other side is Big Clive who's got a disastrous record of protecting worker's rights and selling out to overseas interests.

Politics has always been about compromise but, aware of both sides of the UAP coin, the United Australia Party is asking a hell of a lot from its adherents.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:23am

Looks like a political sleight of hand Indo.

Seems like UAP are preferencing the Libs above Labor in the crucial and close seats, such as Wentworth, Warringah, Chisolm, Kooyong, Corangamite and Casey.

And this from a party who've been screaming to put both majors last.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/liberals-to-benefit-from-uap-pre...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:44am
frog wrote:

The UAP has done one good thing - it has called out the madness of the full lockdowns and kept this destructive (in terms of social, economic, mental health, other health impacts) and ultimately futile strategy in the spotlight rather than it being brushed under the carpet and / or painted by history as a success. This lessens the likelihood of this strategy being used again to all our benefit.

Other than that, their polices are mostly chock full of unintended consequences (e.g. regional tax breaks = massive spike in house prices for regions and more crowded coastlines).

yep

you don't have to fall for all the bullshit clive is desperately selling now to appreciate he injected a bit of much needed sanity before

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:46am

I would never vote for him

but I'd definitely put him above liberal and labor

I even did this last election - pre corona

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 11:40am

Its one thing to vote for the fat bastard but another thing entirely to admit to it, may as well just join the flat Earth society. You wouldn't have much freedom if he decided to put a nuclear reactor and waste dump in your backyard.
Btw I still have a vote for Joh bumper sticker in my collection.
I'm not voting for anyone (safe Labor seat anyway) that way none of them will get any money for my vote. Cheers.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:13pm

Today (Live) Julia Gillard : "Being the only Australian Woman to serve as Prime Minister of Australia!"

[factcheck]

29th Oct - 3rd Nov 2017 : Former PM Julie Bishop served as acting leader of Australia.
If Labor stands for Women's equality...
Former PM Gillard should apologize & equally respect former sister PM Bishop's highest honour!

Note: Not one journo coughed & corrected former PM Gillard...nor respected former PM Julie Bishop!

tbb don't think he's clever enough to vote so how are these disrespectful losers allowed to Vote!
Seriously! These leaders & journos should not be allowed near a Ballot Paper!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:14pm

Gotta repost this from the Covid thread, back in Feb:

burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Good for Clive, he’s a very successful Businessman. I hope he gets even richer.

I will be voting for them

You do realise that in 2021, Clive tried to sue the state of Western Australia for thirty billion dollars?

Ain't the first time either. In 2019, Clive "threatened to use free trade rules to sue Australian taxpayers for $45 billion as part of a dispute with a Chinese mining company."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-22/clive-palmer-sets-up-kiwi-company...

I suppose you could consider a person who makes their fortune using these kinds of strategies 'successful' (if indeed the court ruled in his favour, though in the WA case it didn't) though I don't know how he'd be viewed by Sandgropers if they had to foot the bill.

I'd also recommend doing a little more research into his business dealings, to make sure you're comfortable with someone like Clive Palmer being Treasurer of Australia.

I’m more worried about the Pfizer business dealings behind closed doors with faceless men.
The current grubs and the top are dodgy as fuck but will smile for the cameras and pretend everything is ok.

At least Clive does it out in the open and will talk about it.

He’s a very successful businessman with big balls and not afraid to take on anyone using his own cash to take on labour and liberal.

I’m all for it and have absolutely no problem with Clive being treasurer.

His political party has over 80k members and growing.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:20pm

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:40pm

I wonder how Clive's nephew is going in Bulgaria?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:03pm
Roadkill wrote:

I wonder how Clive's nephew is going in Bulgaria?

Soon to be joined by the LNP front bench & past members, I think he’s opening a B&B

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:18pm
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

I wonder how Clive's nephew is going in Bulgaria?

Soon to be joined by the LNP front bench & past members, I think he’s opening a B&B

nearly a meme....100% as valid as a meme tho...missing the point as usual, SF.
Just another day of SF contributing garbage :)

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:22pm
GuySmiley wrote:

hey sepp,

sure in an ideal world all political parties ought to have their costs audited weeks before the election but are you that naive, romantic or just plain stupid to think that process wouldn't be used by the media to flog Labor time and time again. Murdoch and 9infotainment would have a field day at Labor's expense like they are already in this election while ignoring and discussion on the $5 billion wasted on French subs or $18 billion on rortkeeper. $23 billion wasted and the focus is on Labor FFS.

So you can stick your ideal world naivety up ya clacker until we have fair and equal media staffed with journalists who aren't brain dead puppet apologists for the status quo. I don't blame Labor one iota for adopting this small target strategy after the flogging the media gave Labor last election ....

"...until we have fair and equal media staffed with journalists who aren't brain dead puppet apologists for the status quo. I don't blame Labor one iota for adopting this small target strategy after the flogging the media gave Labor last election"

Amen to that. The sheer aggression and blatant disrespect that the "press pack" dish up to Labor, albeit Albo more specifically, is astonishing.

The sense of importance these pricks place on themselves and their disingenuous/bad-faith line of questioning is beyond a joke.

Harping on about costings is a fucking joke. Seriously. What difference does it truly make to the average punter? The dollar difference was never going to be astronomical against the backdrop of debt we are currently in.

Labor should have picked Bowen, Richards, Tanya, Clare, et al over Albo. The guy has turned crew off him due to his inability to look like he has it consistently together.

Can't wait for all this to end.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:30pm
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

I wonder how Clive's nephew is going in Bulgaria?

Soon to be joined by the LNP front bench & past members, I think he’s opening a B&B

nearly a meme....100% as valid as a meme tho...missing the point as usual, SF.
Just another day of SF contributing garbage :)

Good to see you’re feeling better, just keep breathing through your nose and you will be fine .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:57pm
thermalben wrote:

Gotta repost this from the Covid thread, back in Feb:

burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Good for Clive, he’s a very successful Businessman. I hope he gets even richer.

I will be voting for them

You do realise that in 2021, Clive tried to sue the state of Western Australia for thirty billion dollars?

Ain't the first time either. In 2019, Clive "threatened to use free trade rules to sue Australian taxpayers for $45 billion as part of a dispute with a Chinese mining company."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-22/clive-palmer-sets-up-kiwi-company...

I suppose you could consider a person who makes their fortune using these kinds of strategies 'successful' (if indeed the court ruled in his favour, though in the WA case it didn't) though I don't know how he'd be viewed by Sandgropers if they had to foot the bill.

I'd also recommend doing a little more research into his business dealings, to make sure you're comfortable with someone like Clive Palmer being Treasurer of Australia.

I’m more worried about the Pfizer business dealings behind closed doors with faceless men.
The current grubs and the top are dodgy as fuck but will smile for the cameras and pretend everything is ok.

At least Clive does it out in the open and will talk about it.

He’s a very successful businessman with big balls and not afraid to take on anyone using his own cash to take on labour and liberal.

I’m all for it and have absolutely no problem with Clive being treasurer.

His political party has over 80k members and growing.

And?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 20 May 2022 at 2:37pm

You're OK voting for a guy who tried to sue Australia for $45 billion, and then tried to sue West Oz for $30 billion? Amongst a litany of other events.

I'm really not sure Clive's the best person to be Treasurer of the country whom he formerly tried to bankrupt.

Again, totally understand why you'd choose not to vote for the two majors.

But Clive?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 2:51pm
thermalben wrote:

You're OK voting for a guy who tried to sue Australia for $45 billion, and then tried to sue West Oz for $30 billion? Amongst a litany of other events.

I'm really not sure Clive's the best person to be Treasurer of the country whom he formerly tried to bankrupt.

Again, totally understand why you'd choose not to vote for the two majors.

But Clive?

I don't know what to believe, i've seen many outrageous headlines from the ABC regarding the "pandemic"

Yep, Clive. I voted with how i and my family and friends were affected in the last two years.

I dont trust any of them.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 2:59pm

He honestly doesn’t even know when he’s lying .

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:36pm
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

You're OK voting for a guy who tried to sue Australia for $45 billion, and then tried to sue West Oz for $30 billion? Amongst a litany of other events.

I'm really not sure Clive's the best person to be Treasurer of the country whom he formerly tried to bankrupt.

Again, totally understand why you'd choose not to vote for the two majors.

But Clive?

I don't know what to believe, i've seen many outrageous headlines from the ABC regarding the "pandemic"

Yep, Clive. I voted with how i and my family and friends were affected in the last two years.

I dont trust any of them.

And didn’t pay his workers at Queensland Nickel so he could channel funds into his 2019 LNP election bonanza.. it’s not really a protest vote more a donkey vote. I’m not calling you a donkey Burleigh. That is just the normal term for your vote.
I

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:42pm
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

You're OK voting for a guy who tried to sue Australia for $45 billion, and then tried to sue West Oz for $30 billion? Amongst a litany of other events.

I'm really not sure Clive's the best person to be Treasurer of the country whom he formerly tried to bankrupt.

Again, totally understand why you'd choose not to vote for the two majors.

But Clive?

I don't know what to believe, i've seen many outrageous headlines from the ABC regarding the "pandemic"

Yep, Clive. I voted with how i and my family and friends were affected in the last two years.

I dont trust any of them.

And didn’t pay his workers at Queensland Nickel so he could channel funds into his 2019 LNP election bonanza.. it’s not really a protest vote more a donkey vote. I’m not calling you a donkey Burleigh. That is just the normal term for your vote.
I

One thing you should do is not trust main stream media. That is my definition of a donkey

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:43pm

"When the Guardian visited an early polling centre in the eastern Sydney seat of Wentworth last week, more than a quarter of those exiting saidthey voted in favour of the UAP."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/20/uap-may-have-more...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:50pm
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

You're OK voting for a guy who tried to sue Australia for $45 billion, and then tried to sue West Oz for $30 billion? Amongst a litany of other events.

I'm really not sure Clive's the best person to be Treasurer of the country whom he formerly tried to bankrupt.

Again, totally understand why you'd choose not to vote for the two majors.

But Clive?

I don't know what to believe, i've seen many outrageous headlines from the ABC regarding the "pandemic"

Yep, Clive. I voted with how i and my family and friends were affected in the last two years.

I dont trust any of them.

And didn’t pay his workers at Queensland Nickel so he could channel funds into his 2019 LNP election bonanza.. it’s not really a protest vote more a donkey vote. I’m not calling you a donkey Burleigh. That is just the normal term for your vote.
I

He is a terrible power hungry human and a selfish greedy prick that treats those who work for him as little more than serfs.

....and burleigh voted for him, buleigh is a proud UAP idiot.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:53pm

Been off grid, just did absent vote ( Qld resident in WA)...
Look forward to reading through these comments... Anything major happen?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:00pm

From Burleigh's Guardian link

"However as Palmer and Kelly travelled across the country this week to spruik candidates, the party’s image was dealt a blow with reports detailing how more than 20 of UAP’s 173 candidates across the lower and upper houses have faced court in the past or face ongoing matters.

They include offences such as unlawful assault, domestic violence, stalking, burglary, intentional destruction of property, trafficking of a controlled drug and medium range drink-driving. Kelly and a party spokesperson defended the party’s vetting process reportedly saying that the UAP had conducted police checks, social media checks and formal interviews to choose candidates.

On Wednesday, the party’s candidate in the Melbourne seat of Higgins was granted bail in time for election day."

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:04pm
burleigh wrote:
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

You're OK voting for a guy who tried to sue Australia for $45 billion, and then tried to sue West Oz for $30 billion? Amongst a litany of other events.

I'm really not sure Clive's the best person to be Treasurer of the country whom he formerly tried to bankrupt.

Again, totally understand why you'd choose not to vote for the two majors.

But Clive?

I don't know what to believe, i've seen many outrageous headlines from the ABC regarding the "pandemic"

Yep, Clive. I voted with how i and my family and friends were affected in the last two years.

I dont trust any of them.

And didn’t pay his workers at Queensland Nickel so he could channel funds into his 2019 LNP election bonanza.. it’s not really a protest vote more a donkey vote. I’m not calling you a donkey Burleigh. That is just the normal term for your vote.
I

One thing you should do is not trust main stream media. That is my definition of a donkey

Tell that to the unpaid workers. It actually happened. Families missed out on paycheques. A Donkey vote is a Donkey vote. You didn’t really know what or who you where voting for, it sounds like you just liked the bright yellow core flutes with inspirational ( yet thoroughly misleading) catch phrases. That is a donkey vote. And you wanna talk about believability. Ha! You are hilarious!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:09pm

Apparently these SMSs were received (i.e. spammed) this afternoon. Less than one day before voting.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:19pm

"Tell that to the unpaid workers. It actually happened. Families missed out on paycheques."

Meh, that's just somebody's opinion.