Regional NSW - 7 day lockdown, August 15

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 2:49pm

Just announced a short time ago. Apparently the stay-at-home orders will be in place for a week.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 9:23am
brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

JQ, Guy, VL happy to have a civil debate with any of you on the topic, got plenty of time today as home looking after my boy who is not well.

Not interested in getting involved in lame BS like memes and one liners though.

So Indo, why are you part of the Swellnet Forum brigade ??

Good question, you want a proper answer?

I think the first time i came here not just for surf reports or articles, i was basically spamming an Indo surfing website i use to have, and then i saw a topic on South Stradie and discussion about for or against the water taxi, and i got sucked into the conversation as i was real passionate about doing the paddle and totally against the taxi when i surfed there, which was a few times a week in the late 90s early 00's.

Still my fav beachie.

Then from there you get sucked into other disscussions, but when my daughter was born about 8 years ago my life changed and i had to spend a lot of time looking after her when my wife was working, so had time to kill, i had another kid a boy almost a year ago, so im in a similar situation, and my daughter hogs the TV, so you are limited in what you can do as have one eye on them but needing to kill time, you cant just go for a surf or fish etc, which brings me here way too much.

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 9:25am

Funny you say that Brutus. Been on my mind also. A month ago I turned off all my media and just came here for a reasonbly (LOL?) balanced view. Plenty here way more educated than me. I get the left view and the right view and felt I could pull from those positions a healthy balance that I rolled with.
Then last night, a very good mate of mine really started pushing the anti anti vax conspriracy global apocolypt fake news things at me and I just had to say - lets move on. I didnt debate him, I just accepted it for what it was, his opinion, and tried to find a more pleasant general topic to banter about. But the vibe was gone, he was fixed on me as non believer pro vax conspiracy denier and essentialy hung up. Been my surfing buddy for 30 years.
Now, after reading here last nights musings I feel a case of dejavu. And its the angry ant things that is really killing the community thing. I wont say its worse than COVID but you get my drift of how the desent and positioning of peoples opinions has really affected the anger level. Pretty sad for me how my Swellnet resource is now thrown in the same pile as the rest now. We've really let ourselves down.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 9:37am

Indo, aren't you a Woolie local? How come Woolie isn't your fave? I haven't surfed it for thirty years but it is still (one of ) my favorites, And that place further west, is it called 'crazy birds', I remember getting epic waves there too.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 9:40am
spookypt wrote:

Then last night, a very good mate of mine really started pushing the anti anti vax conspriracy global apocolypt fake news things at me and I just had to say - lets move on. I didnt debate him, I just accepted it for what it was, his opinion, and tried to find a more pleasant general topic to banter about. But the vibe was gone, he was fixed on me as non believer pro vax conspiracy denier and essentialy hung up. Been my surfing buddy for 30 years.

Can relate to that had exactly the same situation and dealt with it the same way, you almost need to come to an unspoken agreement with some people not to talk about certain topics, or just say look i dont agree with you view but i respect you right to a different view lets just leave it at that, and maybe just give them a little shit stirring every now and then if you can get away with it :P

It is crazy the varying degrees of opinion you get on so many aspects of Covid relate stuff, yesterdays comments really stood out as just so scattered.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 9:54am
adam12 wrote:

Indo, aren't you a Woolie local? How come Woolie isn't your fave? I haven't surfed it for thirty years but it is still (one of ) my favorites, And that place further west, is it called 'crazy birds', I remember getting epic waves there too.

Yeah its my local and the wave i surf the most, it can get good and is consistent its good in the fact you can take off on a wave and know its not going to close out and you will at least get a chance for a few turns even if just cut backs.

But it's a lot of work too, lot of paddling with the rips, and it's so on and off with the tide and even rips changing direction or strength change the waves and although they can help make the wave they can also create a lot of chop and wonk, and it doesnt hold much size and although you can get barrels its more pot luck.

You also get a lot of days where all the conditions are perfect but the banks are bad or there is only one or two decent banks so gets crowded, but i guess thats the same with most beachies

Straddie to me is just perfect in ever way, most days its small up one end and bigger as you go down the beach, so you can get a few smaller warm up ones, or different level surfers can pick their wave size, and the wave itself is just so perfect just that perfect tapering barrel and no real rips or current.

But the crowd is what sucks.

Having lived on the east coast and down south, its always a bit of the grass is greener aspect too, when im up there surfing im always thinking how nice it would be to get some longer nice peeling long period swell beach breaks like Woolies, but then when im down here im always thinking how nice it would be to be surfing some hollow sucky little beach break...i guess thats just human nature.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 9:57am

here Blowin, NSW and indigenous kids........40% Western NSW Covid cases.......

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/16/aboriginal-childr...

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 10:27am

been a bit a talk of cynicism and scepticism as if they are the same thing. One is toxic. the other is healthy.

I pity those with a cynical outlook. I am always on the lookout that it doesn't consume me.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 11:17am
indo-dreaming wrote:

JQ, Guy, VL happy to have a civil debate with any of you on the topic, got plenty of time today as home looking after my boy who is not well.

Not interested in getting involved in lame BS like memes and one liners though.

Righteo @info, Here's something to discuss ..... there seems to be an Eric Olthwaite clip befitting all occasions

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 12:50pm

As expected Guy you have nothing of substance to add as obviously lack the ability and knowledge on the topic to have a civil debate.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 3:46pm

Guy, you are seriously cracking me up with these clips. I watched the whole episode last night and have a copy of the Ripping Yarns scripts signed by the great man Michael Palin.
One more thing: You're a boring little tit Indo.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 4:27pm

1 - ONE! - positive case in Auckland = all of NZ in full fucken lockdown.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 4:39pm

I guess to be fair, this whole thing started from just one case.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 6:00pm
Island Bay wrote:

They did this to check if it is Delta variant, won’t know until tomorrow.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 6:11pm
Roadkill wrote:
Island Bay wrote:

Which is odd considering you'd have to think that getting the result would be somewhat 'fast-tracked'.

Fingers crossed for the NZer's.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 6:22pm
Westofthelake wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Island Bay wrote:

Which is odd considering you'd have to think that getting the result would be somewhat 'fast-tracked'.

Fingers crossed for the NZer's.

Requires genomic sequencing.
The take home from the article below, is that it takes between 4-36 hours to complete, the trade off for speed being reduced accuracy

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-01-22/covid-19-coronavirus-geno...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 7:08pm

Cheers sG. I noticed the article is about 6 months old so I would expect that the speed of the process may have improved a bit even since the beginning of the year. However I can understand that they would want to sequence the fck out of it and therefore take extra time.

Good luck kiwis.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 7:26pm

Besides no one wants to get to this point...

234903954-544785870110616-8290966199923046638-n
<

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 7:44pm

Adelaide went into a 7 day lockdown 4 weeks ago because of one active Delta case in the community.

The people complied, went through a week of inconvenience and got through it. No stupid mass protests, no whinging about authoritarian rule just a bit of community spirit and doing the right thing for the greater good. From what I saw anyway.

Done and dusted and Over.

Sure it had effects. Personally I lost 35 hours work in that week and probably another 80 hours over the last 3 as things (events) slowly start back up.

NZ hopefully have the same compliance and success to show the go hard go early plan works if the community just suck it up and don't act like self righteous, self centred, small minded twits.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 7:51pm
Cacadajy wrote:

Adelaide went into a 7 day lockdown 4 weeks ago because of one active Delta case in the community.

The people complied, went through a week of inconvenience and got through it. No stupid mass protests, no whinging about authoritarian rule just a bit of community spirit and doing the right thing for the greater good. From what I saw anyway.

Sure it had effects. Personally I lost 35 hours work in that week and probably another 80 hours over the last 3 as things (events) slowly start back up.

NZ hopefully have the same compliance and success to show the go hard go early plan works if the community just suck it up and don't act like self righteous, self centred, small minded twits.

The Kiwis are pretty compliant…they may grumble a bit but will do the right thing. Not at all like the dickheads here who selfishly make it about themselves.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 11:14pm
Cacadajy wrote:

Oh how I hate the sanctimoniousness of WA and particularly SA when it comes to bragging about low case numbers.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 11:25pm

Had my first vax dose today. Things got a little weird. I blacked out and woke up a few hours later in a park, my clothes all torn up and my skin was this strange green colour. Everything around me was all smashed up, and there were cops and army guys everywhere searching for something. I got out of there quick. I think they gave me the wrong injection.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021 at 11:32pm

Yes Adam12 after my 1st shot I had a craving for human brains.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 5:46am

The hardest part of a 7 day lockdown is the first 30 days.

Zero cases - there was never a single case after the super-spreading wildfire plague death illness invaded the NE of NSW. lockdown extended. What a massive, massive surprise.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 5:48am
Cacadajy wrote:

Before you so flippantly dismiss talk of authoritarianism, you should read Hannah Arendt and George Orwell on Totalitarianism and how it creeps in.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 5:57am
Blowin wrote:

The hardest part of a 7 day lockdown is the first 30 days.

Zero cases - there was never a single case after the super-spreading wildfire plague death illness invaded the NE of NSW. lockdown extended. What a massive, massive surprise.

Be thankful you're not in NZ.

This from the official govt Covid website:
Exercise and recreation
You can go for a walk, run or bike ride in your local area. Exercise is good for your mental health.
If you do, it must be on your own, or with your household bubble.
Keep a 2 metre distance.
Do not do activities that may require search and rescue services. FOR EXAMPLE, DO NOT GO SWIMMING, SURFING, BOATING, HUNTING OR TRAMPING
If you are unwell, do NOT go outside.

During last year's 5-week lockdown a grand total of zero people had to be rescued for the above reasons, but as we know you can never be too safe :-)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 7:04am

Island Bay said- “
Before you so flippantly dismiss talk of authoritarianism, you should read Hannah Arendt and George Orwell on Totalitarianism and how it creeps in.”

Yep. It’s like looking at your reddened blistering skin after hours spent in the hot sun and claiming it can’t be sunburn because you don’t have any malignant melanomas.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 7:33am

This is what my neighbour with stage 4 cancer has to deal with. A72902-A1-A1-E4-4188-8585-C03-EF90-FC2-C6

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 8:21am

Lockdown has nothing to do with deaths. To focus on numbers of dead misses the point entirely. Deaths from covid in Australia is basically irrelevant in a lockdown sense. Lockdown is about protecting the majority for the future.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 8:50am

Truckies are “rumoured “ to block the Qld NSW border today and stop supplies entering Qld, don’t know how much truth there is to this . If it happens it’s going to add to the cluster fck .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 9:17am
Roadkill wrote:

Lockdown has nothing to do with deaths. To focus on numbers of dead misses the point entirely. Deaths from covid in Australia is basically irrelevant in a lockdown sense. Lockdown is about protecting the majority for the future.

Stop it, please. My sides are splitting.

The majority of people are not threatened by Covid. Here’s a fact you cannot ignore : 99.98 percent survival rate. I think you’d have to agree that’s a pretty clear majority.

How old are you Roadkill? I’m betting 65 plus.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 9:30am
Supafreak wrote:

This is what my neighbour with stage 4 cancer has to deal with. A72902-A1-A1-E4-4188-8585-C03-EF90-FC2-C6

Some false info in here. One would think he would have checked his ifo prior to posting.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 9:31am

@roadkill , yeah I didn’t check , which parts are false ?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 10:12am
Supafreak wrote:

I qas commenting on the original poster, not you Supafreak.
Drs with APRHA accreditation can cross the border and return to QLD, they enter quarantine at home...they can however return to work the next day (not 14 days) the 14 days is reset each day and only counts if they do not return to work. Drs can continue to practice ongoing. Thr garbage about not being able to buy paper is pretty funny.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 10:28am
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

I qas commenting on the original poster, not you Supafreak. So she’s talking about her friend who is a anaesthetist , if not working everyday would they be able to return whenever they liked ? Thanks for replying seems everyone is a bit confused, do you have a link I can send her ?
Drs with APRHA accreditation can cross the border and return to QLD, they enter quarantine at home...they can however return to work the next day (not 14 days) the 14 days is reset each day and only counts if they do not return to work. Drs can continue to practice ongoing. Thr garbage about not being able to buy paper is pretty funny.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 10:36am

I mean Ink, not paper. Still funny tho

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 10:49am

@roadkill , So she’s talking about her friend who is a anaesthetist , if not working everyday would they be able to return whenever they liked ? Thanks for replying seems everyone is a bit confused, do you have a link I can send her ?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 10:50am

Given this statewide NSW lockdown is likely to last indefinitely (Xmas?) given: (1) the total number of cases in Sydney and across the state; (2) where it has worryingly now reached ie into Aboriginal communities; and (3) the lag times between individual and community benefit in getting first and second jabs the question you, we all, have to ask ourselves is what positive survival strategies are you (we) now putting in place for you and your loved ones. From someone in lockdown Melbourne (2020/21) suggest being online much of the time isn't really a good start. Take care.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 11:02am
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

The majority of people are not threatened by Covid. Here’s a fact you cannot ignore : 99.98 percent survival rate. I think you’d have to agree that’s a pretty clear majority.

Been a longtime on the sidelines from any and all social media while I was at the culmination of some life tings. Refreshing coupla’ months...But things have gotten quite out of hand, particularly with NSW and what's happening here on the NSW/QLD border. The noise coming out of government doesnt instil confidence that this bullshit ends this year or with a 80% vaccination rate.

From my perspective, Island Bay and Blowin are absolutely spot on, particularly you Blowin… Going through this thread it's crazy to think people don't see it this way. I would love to know the median age group of commenters that are pro-lockdown/pro-government and or are the believers of the statistics and covid data that we are provided with on a daily basis. How anyone takes that data as reliable, accurate, or in anyway seriously is beyond me.

I feel this article is a superb analysis of what's happened/happening/going to happen and where we are at:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/scott-morrison-has-little-control-over-a...

It could be behind a paywall, if it is, if you’re on a google chrome extension, open the article with an incognito browser to navigate the wall (fairfax/9 are aware of it and allow it to a degree, no need to feel guilty, I think you get 10 free article a month if the guilt weighs you down). Safari and other browsers have a similar option.

And this video is well worth the 20mins, heavy viewing, but vividly explains societies slide into mass delusion. Which also expands on the article above.

As a 33 year old, I have thought long and hard about getting vaccinated, as have friends I speak with about it. I think the consensus was to hold out till we head OS next year (or whenever), but for me now, I am getting the AZ next week. I can't in good faith get angry about lockdowns, or get upset about the fact that businesses I frequent around NNSW and SGoldy are getting torn apart because of cases 800km away. Apparently we can all fix that by getting the jab.. If we get to 80% and nothing changes, I will protest just as hard as the crew down in Sydney last month. I bet my bottom dollar lockdowns and quarantine will continue well after 80% is reached.

I'll leave it with a quote:

“It's hard to get people to tell the difference.
There is no great coordinated conspiracy.
Life, and the world, is far too messy for that.
But is the world of information and news manipulated for the benefit of those in power by the people who work for them?
Yep. A big yep.”

@ronniesalt

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 12:04pm

Not sure exactly what Chris Uhlman is on about.

He's an experienced, mainstream, journo writing in legacy media, complaining that media is being silenced over Covid?

Did he not think to look in the mirror before he published that and go, hey: I'm a mainstream journo complaining about Covid lockdowns.

It seems brutally self unaware to complain your voice is being silenced while you are publishing it in one of Australia's biggest mainstream news outlets.

Or is he referring to everyone else?

I've seen a range of views published on responses to Covid policy in Oz.

Microcosm of what is being said here really.

Thats how it works in a democracy.

And Scomo, Gladys, Dictator Dan, Palletchook etc etc will be accountable for then at the ballot box.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 12:31pm

Freeride- I didn’t read him claim his voice is being silenced, only that it was overwhelmed by a dominant narrative being pushed by the media. I read SMH everyday and there is barely ever a piece which contradicts the groupthink of society wide lockdowns. He did say that there was impetus from some to silence voices such as his, though we didn’t need to read his column to know that to be the case. You only have to peruse these threads to find the shouty voices claiming that it’s dangerous giving platform to those who have alternative opinions.

The relevant passage :

“Among the most depressing aspects of this supine acceptance of rank authoritarianism is the role of the media. Much of it has become a cheer squad for the blunt instrument of lockdowns and a moral hall monitor that polices thought crimes. The same organs that ritually hyperventilate about the detention of asylum seekers are the loudest voices in advocating imprisoning entire states“

I thought it was a well stated piece with which I wholeheartedly agree.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 12:53pm

Much of it a cheer squad for lockdowns?

I thought the Murdoch Media, which is by far the largest player in Oz media, was vociferously against lockdowns?

Look, he has a view against lockdowns, which many people agree with.

But to claim his voice is being silenced and we are now in a dictatorship is fucking ludicrous.
That is just the kind of blatant fear mongering he is accusing others of.

Uhlman lives in a big house on a hill, married to a politician, can say whatever he likes, whenever he likes, in one of the biggest publications in Oz.

No one is going to knock on his door at midnight and silence him or throw him in jail.

I recommend reading Vasily Grossman's Everything Flows about life in the gulags and under Stalinism.
Get a tiny bit of historical perspective about dictatorships and totalitarianism.

Uhlman knows this, he's throwing kero on dry wood to get clicks.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 12:55pm
Ben Harding wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Been a longtime on the sidelines from any and all social media while I was at the culmination of some life tings. Refreshing coupla’ months...But things have gotten quite out of hand, particularly with NSW and what's happening here on the NSW/QLD border. The noise coming out of government doesnt instil confidence that this bullshit ends this year or with a 80% vaccination rate.

From my perspective, Island Bay and Blowin are absolutely spot on, particularly you Blowin… Going through this thread it's crazy to think people don't see it this way. I would love to know the median age group of commenters that are pro-lockdown/pro-government and or are the believers of the statistics and covid data that we are provided with on a daily basis. How anyone takes that data as reliable, accurate, or in anyway seriously is beyond me.

I feel this article is a superb analysis of what's happened/happening/going to happen and where we are at:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/scott-morrison-has-little-control-over-a...

It could be behind a paywall, if it is, if you’re on a google chrome extension, open the article with an incognito browser to navigate the wall (fairfax/9 are aware of it and allow it to a degree, no need to feel guilty, I think you get 10 free article a month if the guilt weighs you down). Safari and other browsers have a similar option.

And this video is well worth the 20mins, heavy viewing, but vividly explains societies slide into mass delusion. Which also expands on the article above.

As a 33 year old, I have thought long and hard about getting vaccinated, as have friends I speak with about it. I think the consensus was to hold out till we head OS next year (or whenever), but for me now, I am getting the AZ next week. I can't in good faith get angry about lockdowns, or get upset about the fact that businesses I frequent around NNSW and SGoldy are getting torn apart because of cases 800km away. Apparently we can all fix that by getting the jab.. If we get to 80% and nothing changes, I will protest just as hard as the crew down in Sydney last month. I bet my bottom dollar lockdowns and quarantine will continue well after 80% is reached.

I'll leave it with a quote:

“It's hard to get people to tell the difference.
There is no great coordinated conspiracy.
Life, and the world, is far too messy for that.
But is the world of information and news manipulated for the benefit of those in power by the people who work for them?
Yep. A big yep.”

@ronniesalt

Care to show us where those that you think are pro lockdown are pro government? And where those that are pro lockdown are accepting and believing of the published statistics we get daily?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 1:00pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

If what is posted on swellnet is indicative of age then blowin must be about 19.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 2:07pm
Supafreak wrote:

@roadkill , So she’s talking about her friend who is a anaesthetist , if not working everyday would they be able to return whenever they liked ? Thanks for replying seems everyone is a bit confused, do you have a link I can send her ?

Drs can return to work daily…but if not working must remain in isolation until the 14 day period ends. Dr must isolate but family members in the same household don’t have to. The isolation start resets each day if Dr goes to work. The QLD covid hotline is a good source of info for medical staff. Drs must be holding AHPRA accreditation.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 2:16pm

Cheers Roadkill , The rules seem a bit strange and don’t really make much sense but neither does alot of current restrictions. Time to go for a surf even if it’s absolute rubbish.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 3:15pm

Dod BLOWIN write the survival rate is 99.94%? What UTTER TRUMPIAN FAKE NEWS GARBAGE. I think it might be Don Bradmans batting average tho.

The risk of death after the diagnosis of a COVID-19 infection during Victoria’s 2020 outbreaks was 4 percent overall but was estimated to be 10 times higher among the elderly, a study from the University of Sydney’s NHMRC Clinical trials Centre has found.

Of course the likes of blow in wont crae for our older folk. "Ehhh they only had 10 years left anyway'.

We can all throw around numbers. But links are where its at

https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2021/06/25/australian-data-a...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 4:36pm

Sheepy, Sheepy, Sheepy….you’re as bad with numbers as you are ugly, blotched skinned and relegated to living a loser’s life in some putrid cold backwater.

A sad, bitter old clown who’s taken life and wrestled as much misfortune out of it as humanly possible. The bloke who makes an art out of turning lemonade into sour lemons.

And a cunt to boot.

But…I digress. Here’s the facts for you Sheepy, you malignant skinned lepretic social reject : 40,000 cases in Australia. 970 odd deaths.

727 of these people were over 80 years old. 321 of this group were over 90.

But….it’s not just people dying cause they’re old, it’s people who are old and already sick. Mostly really sick.

Very old, very sick and mostly in aged care or palliative care or the geriatric ward or with cancer etc.

It’s a very sad day for those who’ve died and their loved ones but you know what Sheepy, you old bag of dicks, these people were either about to die or were dying anyway. Sad as that may be.

Any other year they would have probably been called home to Jesus by the flu. Yes….the flu.

You’ve been on Swellnet for years yet I can’t recall you in other years pointing the finger at people who’ve had the flu and claiming they were heartless killers cause they didn’t lock themselves and their kids down every winter in order to prevent spread of flu.

And knowing how much you dearly love to point the finger, you should have been all over this but you weren’t. Why ? What’s the difference?

You know I help care directly and indirectly for two sets of elderly and vulnerable people who are very dear to me , yet you still can’t help yourself and scream that I don’t give a fuck about elderly people. I truly love these people and that’s why I helped them get vaccinated even though I have reservations about it myself. Thing is Sheepy, me old herpes sore, if they were to get Covid and die it’d break my heart, but they could just as easily succumb to the flu in the fragile state they are in. I do everything I can to prevent the spread of this virus - social distancing, mask in enclosed areas, hygiene , respect lockdown rules - but It’s all just pissing in the wind. It’s either their time to die or it’s not. Their bodies are strong enough to survive or they’re not not.

This is what you fail to be able to get your pockmarked, birth control of a head around. The people who are dying were going to die. Their deaths aren’t the result of malign action or irresponsible behaviour. They are old and sick and the world presents omnipresent dangers for those in their position. I think it’s utterly inappropriate to expect the world of healthy people , who also have only one life to live , to foresake even a day of their allotted time to indulge this cruel theatre of pretending to postpone natural mortality. Locking children inside and isolating them is about as cruel an ask imaginable

In other words…..you can garn get fucked you wretched Gollum of a man. Back to the darkness with you.

BTW- It also pays to remember that the death rates constitute people who have died whilst also testing positive for Covid. The cases of people in palliative care and dying from meningitis are counted amongst the virus fatalities. This skews the figures even further.

Figures are current. Note that massive wave of deaths amongst children and babies that Brutus is constantly harping on about.

[

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 4:38pm

Hey Sheepdog, To be fair on blowin his survival rate is accurate.**

** Just as long as you don't count that large number of people who actually died.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 4:48pm

Really Blowin?

Your first 2 para's just define where this is taking you.
Buddy, take a step back, a few deep breaths and relax.

You can't just yell at everyone from your own micro perspective. Have your views and experiences but look at the bigger picture. We all want a way forward and Division isn't the answer.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 5:03pm

Those elderly peoples lives have no value to Blowin (unless they are related to him of course) - hence they can be excluded from the stats. To Blowin they are not even worthy 'to foresake even a day of their allotted time'. Remember that when you interact with this guy, the lives of your parents, your grandparents aren't even worth a day to him.

This is one of many, many leaps in logic required to maintain the integrity of the persecution narrative. You should know this by now Sheepdog.

News reports of young people dying from covid - fake news.
News reports of coffin shortages in indo - fake news.
The opinions of our expert chief medical officers - worthless.
The opinions of the health dept officials the world over - worthless.
The pleas of frontline doctors, experiencing the reality of this pandemic - worthless.
Long covid problems - irrelevant.
Evolving variants - not a problem.
The shot we had at this not becoming endemic - irrelevant.

Filtering and selection of information and data to an absolutely laughable extent.

For the love of atheismo people, if you are unsure about vaccinations or the pandemic, talk to your doctor or a medical professional not these arrogant self appointed, blow hard arbiters of truth.