Regional NSW - 7 day lockdown, August 15

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 2:49pm

Just announced a short time ago. Apparently the stay-at-home orders will be in place for a week.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:33pm

Hey blowin, I'm serious here. Probably a good time for you to take a walk and get away from the keyboard.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:34pm

Blowin a fuse???

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:37pm

Apologies to others who just want a happy Swellnet experience.

It’s bad enough to have the small mercies slowly being stolen without having to endure a couple of twisted old Walder Frey type fucks taking pleasure in the process.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:40pm

I’m not an angry person by any means but I find myself getting angrier and angrier with every press conference Andrew’s does.
I’m with you blowin (in some ways)..
I’m noticing a shift in people’s demeanour down here. It’s not going to end well

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:48pm

So if this is the level of discourse, what only after 2 weeks of lockdown for regional NSW, sweet mother of fracking baby Jebus what the hell will it be like after 4 or 8 weeks or at Christmas? As I asked the other day, what positive survival strategies are we all putting in place for yourself and your loved ones for the weeks and months of lockdown ahead?

....... and @info, you forget how you posted here just the other day how you're up to your eyeballs in work, you're within a km of the surf (empty) and your house price has gone through the roof, no no chip in with your two bobs worth criticising the Victorian Govt, seriously your head must rattle pea-brain.

@GF, yeah, I get what you're saying about Andrews manner but lets not forget (fucking well never) if the NSW Premier had acted like Andrews 7-8 weeks ago and locked down the eastern suburbs Victoria, Melbourne, NSW, Sydney, Canberra, parts of the NT and NZ wouldn't be in fucking lockdown right now. Odd, Ive never seen you criticise the NSW Premier, you may have, but I haven't seen it .... just Dan Andrews.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:44pm

Yep, you need a timeout to calm down. Put a mask on and go for a walk.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:49pm

@ Guy

To be honest at this stage it's more just like watching a comedy show, an outside beer garden where you can't take off your mask to drink, you seriously can only laugh.

Probably can smoke a cigarette though.

BTW. i do agree with your first bit a few weeks and they are losing their shit, Victoria hit 200 days of lockdown today.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:49pm

"It’s bad enough to have the small mercies slowly being stolen without having to endure a couple of twisted old Walder Frey type fucks taking pleasure in the process."
The scary thing is, you're serious here.
I take absolutely no pleasure in tougher restrictions but I'm smart enough to realise that the quickest way to get back to some form of normality is to A. minimise infection rates in the short term by effective social distancing, and B. get vaccinated. If enough Australians do this we may be able to visit loved ones for Christmas.
Your plan, to pretend Covid isn't a big problem and demand less social distancing is just ridiculous. Go for a walk blowin.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:50pm

Guy- I’ve got history and had my fill in being pushed around by clay footed authoritarian types when I lived in work camps run by US energy corporations. Your freedoms come and go at the arbitrary stroke of a pen and the rules are always sledgehammer blows used to drive in thumb tacks.

I walked away from over $500K a year cause it was driving me around the twist. Petty, petty little kings determining the limits of your existence.

I determined to live my life as far as possible from the clutches of that type of human and although I do the right thing because I respect my community, I sure as fuck don’t feel the urge to indulge any entitled and ungrateful fiends who think they’re owed the price I pay for them.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:55pm

No Walder, You’re not smart enough. Not smart enough for anything. You should just shut your lips anytime you’re not effusively thanking everyone around you for the sacrifices they’re making in your name.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 5:02pm

Guy it’s not odd. I haven’t been listening to the NSW premier address is like we’re worthless morons the last 18 months. I’ve been listening to Dan.
If you’re a fan of his that’s fine, couldnt care less

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 5:07pm

hehe , Recreational fishing is considered exercise ,,,, so technically I can sit on the beach , in a chair if I like ,without a mask as long as I'm wetting a line . But I can't sit on a vacant rocky headland and watch the waves roll in without wearing one. FFS

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 5:09pm

@ Goofyfoot

You're on the Peninsula yeah?

I really feel for you guys, you get lumped in with Melbourne but are really more a regional area, I get that it might be hard to know where to draw a line geographically, but still yeah must suck.

I feel lucky in that sense.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 5:11pm
goofyfoot wrote:

I’m not an angry person by any means but I find myself getting angrier and angrier with every press conference Andrew’s does.
I’m with you blowin (in some ways)..
I’m noticing a shift in people’s demeanour down here. It’s not going to end well

That shift is palpable up here too mate. I am almost certain this isnt going to end well. The government, Aus wide, have backed themselves into a very precarious corner. If things don't transition back to some semblance of normality once these health metrics have been met, they should expect a seriously fierce backlash. As mentioned earlier, that tinder box is itching to blow. For the most part there has been widespread compliance, some willing, some through gritted teeth, but also some fuckhead outliers who can't play ball. Either way, most crews patience is paper thin. I've also noticed big changes in the way your everyday person is talking about this constantly escalating issue (at work, with friends/family, in the surf; crew have had a gutful). I sense that 2022 could be our darkest pandemic year yet, with transmissions and case numbers playing a small part.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 6:12pm
Blowin wrote:

No Walder, You’re not smart enough. Not smart enough for anything. You should just shut your lips anytime you’re not effusively thanking everyone around you for the sacrifices they’re making in your name.

FFS then add this ,"The rules are absolutely over the top bullshit. They have literally no effect on preventing spread of the virus. They are arbitrary and politically motivated and every time some yappy old boomer claims we should shut up and accept these fucked up measures they are claiming that the lives and freedoms of those around them are utterly meaningless.
Fuck off. Every day another demand . Every day another restriction on living. Is there any gratitude from you old cunts? No….your sense of entitlement just grows and grows to the point where you don’t even consider that your demands on others should ever be questioned or doubted , just blindly obeyed without recourse.
Selfish, selfish, selfish old cunts.

Blowin some of the stuff you have said here this arvo , is really scary, sounds like you are having a breakdown ,personally insulting people/hoping people die/blaming Boomers/old cnts.....everybody elses fault because you are right and everybody else is wrong based on your narrow personal experiences.....
Just announced that NSW will be in lockdown till at least the end of Sept ...which is still wishful thinking....there are no other choices.....when you say the rules have no affect on the Virus, you know that's bullshit....there's just some you don't like......
There is nothing you can do about the rules , but accept them , or just become a bitter/twisted person who has no crediblity.....your anger has gotten to a point where it's destroying you...relax and go with the flo Bro!

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 6:28pm

Faaaaaar.......
Thank you Blowin, thank you thank you and thank you.
Sounds like you are doing the heavy lifting, the hard work for, geez seems like all of us.
Your massive efforts to comply with these restrictions despite the fact that doing so is eating away at the nucleus of your soul is greatly, massively appreciated.

Happy?

5 posts from you since 3:50pm berating others for not showing gratitude and thanks to you for the personal sacrifices you are making and the huge effort and burden you are undertaking somehow for them/us????

I am not a boomer by the way, 43 if my maths game is functioning.

I get you are passionate and you desperately want to ensure the freedoms and rights of individuals we enjoy in this country are maintained. But demanding from others some kind of individual recognition for the short-term sacrifices you are making while accusing them of.... well everything. Then wishing Covid on them so they hurry up and die.

Too far.

Last I looked restrictions apply to everyone.

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 6:48pm

I think people will be happier with the stricter rules if new case numbers go down. I heard Pat Kavelas saying she went to some big Melbourne markets after the first big Victorian lockdown. Everyone was masked. It was 5 weeks after the compulsory mask rules had stopped.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 7:39pm

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/crime/man-in-prison-after-plott... What we have to deal with. The level of stupidity…..

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 8:04pm

When people start getting personally affected by this virus, as in close friends and relatives and themselves, then this attitude of it’s not that bad , will change. We haven’t experienced the full reality of what’s happening overseas yet . Count your blessings now because it can get a lot worse.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 8:09pm

This shit doesn’t help

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 9:35pm

Blowin said “ I walked away from over $500K a year cause it was driving me around the twist. Petty, petty little kings determining the limits of your existence. “ pretty good dollars mate , I was a shit kicker on BWI and made $220,000 with mammoet in my final year , good mate who was a Tug skipper was on $300,000 ++ , were you managing a company or something ? Not doubting your word but really , $500,000 a year ? Fuck thats project managers wage . Take a long slow walk tomorrow ( maskless ) and count your blessings .

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 9:40pm

Lockdowns affect us all differently, especially for those who are living alone.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 12:51am

Just read through yesterdays posts here. Fark, didn't take Blowin long to unravel.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 4:16am

Pray for rain and go buy some milk

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 5:47am

You just have to reinvent yourself while being locked up. I’ve just built a beautiful big pergola and had everything from hardware delivered. Really stoked with it so now it’s time to fill it with plants. Taking my penknife on walks for cuttings.
The apostle Paul was locked up in a Roman prison and his letters to others became a big chunk of the worlds best selling book “ the New Testament”. Many prisoners as well as the Roman soldier guards became christians at the same time, such was his influence. Take a long look at your situation with new eyes and see what can be done rather that what you can’t do. Is it time to write your life history for your grandkids to read or train like Sarah Conner in prison in terminator. Take long walks or fast and pray, learn to draw or paint, use your scraps to build something for a critter to live in or plant your seeds for spring. Ring up everyone you’ve ignored for years and say gday. My old girl has this up on the wall at her place.....
“Your mind is your garden
Your thoughts are your seeds
You can grow flowers
Or you can grow weeds........

That’s weeds not weed you blokes....

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 7:14am

Good post Optimist

Learn to be proactive instead of reactive, and it’ll change your life

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 7:37am

Just shows they don’t really care about residents in tweed, this nsw government is not about solutions, I’m actually not sure what their about . https://www.mygc.com.au/show-some-compassion-mayor-blasts-nsw-over-borde...

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 7:51am

Looking good for Victoria

778-E9-B02-0489-4-C8-F-911-C-026-EFB87463-D

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 8:00am

yep Optimist .
It’s important to stay strong in mind and body and energy and keep connected to land and spirit. Focus on love not fear.Care for self so we can care for others.
Be creative . Yes learn to be self sufficient. I’m about to put in all my veggie seeds for spring .Exciting . It’s so rewarding growing own food. Been learning also about saving seeds from crops to replant .
The other day I also saw a whole lot of carrots coming up that had self seeded from last crop. Pulling out fresh carrots and picking apples makes me so happy.
I love watching the birds and all the insects and all the flowers blooming now that it’s coming near spring. All the new smells and colours and sounds. Bees buzzing around.
Grateful I can surf and walk on the beach.
No matter what changes this world is going through, gotta stay positive. Not head in sand. But balance . Nurture good stuff. Cheers.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 9:31am

My 2nd week of being locked out of NSW begins. My business is closed and as per NSW directive we can’t do what we do…if we go to work we must isolate when we get back to QLD…I see this as a forced holiday, I have sufficient cash on hand in the work accounts to pay my staff. None of my staff have been made to use their holidays when not working…I am happy to pay them to stay home and be safe. After next week we will evaluate again..until then we all chill at home and do the right thing.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 9:32am
Optimist wrote:

You just have to reinvent yourself while being locked up. I’ve just built a beautiful big pergola and had everything from hardware delivered. Really stoked with it so now it’s time to fill it with plants. Taking my penknife on walks for cuttings.
The apostle Paul was locked up in a Roman prison and his letters to others became a big chunk of the worlds best selling book “ the New Testament”. Many prisoners as well as the Roman soldier guards became christians at the same time, such was his influence. Take a long look at your situation with new eyes and see what can be done rather that what you can’t do. Is it time to write your life history for your grandkids to read or train like Sarah Conner in prison in terminator. Take long walks or fast and pray, learn to draw or paint, use your scraps to build something for a critter to live in or plant your seeds for spring. Ring up everyone you’ve ignored for years and say gday. My old girl has this up on the wall at her place.....
“Your mind is your garden
Your thoughts are your seeds
You can grow flowers
Or you can grow weeds........

That’s weeds not weed you blokes....

great post optimist ....the current Covid epidemic shows us how precious we have become towards whats is a war with Covid.........makes you realize what our parents/grandparent went through in the first and second world war.......rations etc of basic foods , having to all work together to provide the War effort with uniforms/food/munitions/ships/planes ....and everybody waited for the mail to see if their loved ones were still alive .....or waiting for a visit from the military to inform you of a deceased loved one......
these wars went on for 5 years ...the sacrifice by our soldiers , communities , Nation in defeating the enemy we were all in.....as we should now!!

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 9:47am
Roadkill wrote:

My 2nd week of being locked out of NSW begins. My business is closed and as per NSW directive we can’t do what we do…if we go to work we must isolate when we get back to QLD…I see this as a forced holiday, I have sufficient cash on hand in the work accounts to pay my staff. None of my staff have been made to use their holidays when not working…I am happy to pay them to stay home and be safe. After next week we will evaluate again..until then we all chill at home and do the right thing.

Awesome. Really hope that buisiness owners and employers that are doing all they can to look after their people have that goodwill and decency repaid.
Many do it quietly, without the need to promote themselves.

Case in point Roadkill didn't name his business. Well done sir.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 11:28am

Wise words Brutus.....a war it is....and we will win eventually.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 11:32am

Very difficult to get people to think of the greater good when liberalism/neoliberalism has spent decades whittling us down to individuals.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 11:41am

During WW2, Brutus, there was a totally different attitude. There were strong differences of opinion between politicians, and this was fiercely debated. No toeing the one and only line like we have to at present.

Also, people knew that they were living in dangerous times, and took responsibility. Londoners would sunbathe in parks during daytime air raids, or go for walks in the city at night, watching the battles go on overhead. Churchill himself would be out among citizens during air raids.

They were incredibly hard and trying times, but there was a shitload more freedom. Of expression, and of movement.

Today, EVERYTHING is dangerous and therefore forbidden. And no, you can not have a different opinion and expect to have a normal conversation about it.

I miss being allowed to embrace risk in a grownup manner. In NZ at least we're being talked down to by our PM like we are 4 year olds, and we know nothing, but Aunt Lydia will kindly guide us - or else!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 11:53am
AndyM wrote:

Very difficult to get people to think of the greater good when liberalism/neoliberalism has spent decades whittling us down to individuals.

Profoundly true

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 11:53am
Optimist wrote:

Wise words Brutus.....a war it is....and we will win eventually.

I guess you can't really compare, but the Commonwealth of Australia certainly had some leadership back then.

The Task Ahead

[First published in The Herald (Melbourne), 27 December 1941]

By John Curtin

...Australians must realise that to place the nation on a war footing every citizen
must place himself, his private and business affairs, his entire mode of living,
on a war footing. The civilian way of life cannot be any less rigorous, can
contribute no less than that which the fighting men have to follow.

I demand that Australians everywhere realise that Australia is now inside the
firing lines.

Australian governmental policy will be directed strictly on those lines. We
have to regard our country and its 7,000,000 people as though we were a nation
and a people with the enemy hammering at our frontier.

Australians must be perpetually on guard; on guard against the possibility, at
any hour without warning, of raid or invasion; on guard against spending money,
or doing anything that cannot be justified; on guard against hampering by
disputation or idle, irresponsible chatter, the decisions of the Government
taken for the welfare of all.

All Australia is the stake in this war. All Australia must stand together to
hold that stake...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 12:00pm

Guy, glad you agree.

If we're going to try to deal with political and social issues, we at least have to acknowledge the role that our system plays.

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 12:51pm

Multiculturalism has had an exponentially greater effect on fracturing Australian society than any form of liberalism though it's much easier/politically correct to blame the latter, as evidenced by lefties andy and Guy.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 1:11pm
GuySmiley wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Profoundly true

Ha ha heard it all now, liberalism/neoliberalism has turned us into individuals.

And not only that, being an individual is now a bad thing?

I guess it's hard to argue with though, people in communist countries are pretty much obedient clones, and China has done pretty well with Covid especially considering they are ground zero.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 1:11pm

Love all the hate and rainbows on here very entertaining on a flat boring Saturday. Simple thing is get vaccinated everyone then live like we use to if
you get sick or even die so be it we all tried but sure as daylight its not
going away and the world has to move on. The nerds we teased
at school who now make the rules that dictate to us still want to keep up
unnecessary restrictions then we fight brave heart style but we all complied 1st let history know that. Im a anti vaccinator but had it anyway hoping to go OS one day before its too late for me. Zero effects except cravings for human brains. If China releases round 3 well we are doomed anyway.
If they stop us surfing with this incoming swell I will be locked up and bring
on BRAVEHEART.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 1:12pm

I agree with you .....
D-Rex wrote:

Multiculturalism has had an exponentially greater effect on fracturing Australian society than any form of liberalism though it's much easier/politically correct to blame the latter, as evidenced by lefties andy and Guy.[

All the blackfellas I know say the same as you......but I think if you replace Fracturing with Genocide...right on D-Rex.........so what's your solution....??

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 1:15pm
D-Rex wrote:

Multiculturalism has had an exponentially greater effect on fracturing Australian society than any form of liberalism though it's much easier/politically correct to blame the latter, as evidenced by lefties andy and Guy.

I think multiculturalism is generally a good thing, but a lot of outbreaks have happened within certain ethnic groups because they often believe misinformation from their own countries media.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 2:00pm

And the weekend fuckwits protesting lockdowns are out in Syd & Melb. The only thing they will accomplish is.....longer lockdowns. It's a special kind of stupid on display.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 2:49pm

I assume that the protestors believe that the ‘let it rip’ approach is the best way to manage the pandemic. I wonder if they have thought about what the consequences of this approach would be.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 4:56pm

"I think multiculturalism is generally a good thing, but a lot of outbreaks have happened within certain ethnic groups because they often believe misinformation from their own countries media."
While this may have a bit of truth to it, outbreaks have typically accelerated in poorer, younger areas with more residents per household than average. Outbreaks have typically started in affluent areas, and then spread to areas where distancing (at work and at home) is much harder to do, and people are much less likely to be vaccinated due to age. Playing the "ethnic groups" card is, shall we say, a little simplistic.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 5:45pm
AndyM wrote:

Guy, glad you agree.

If we're going to try to deal with political and social issues, we at least have to acknowledge the role that our system plays.

Indeed. The reactive "always too late" approach taken by our Prime Minister (oxymoron of the century) and his failed NSW Premier and how they have always reluctantly put the health of the community ahead of the economy is further evidence of how far our once cohesive and orderly society has slipped. We're all aspirational now.

Not to say mistakes haven't been made in every state but seriousness this delta virus was known well before it reached us.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 5:43pm
Roadkill wrote:

And the weekend fuckwits protesting lockdowns are out in Syd & Melb. The only thing they will accomplish is.....longer lockdowns. It's a special kind of stupid on display.

If we don't have them now it's time for the police in this country to have water cannons in their arsenal. There needs to be a harsh consequence for this sort particular sort of fucking stupid.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 6:16pm
GuySmiley wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

If we don't have them now it's time for the police in this country to have water cannons in their arsenal. There needs to be a harsh consequence for this sort particular sort of fucking stupid.

100% agree, and the water cannons would also keep heaps of use post Covid with Extortion rebellion.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Saturday, 21 Aug 2021 at 6:23pm

I was thinking the same thing this morning, where's the mobile water cannons. Great minds think alike