Regional NSW - 7 day lockdown, August 15

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 2:49pm

Just announced a short time ago. Apparently the stay-at-home orders will be in place for a week.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 8:46pm

4-E668-A1-D-2030-4-C82-8499-4228-B373288-A

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 8:46pm
Blowin wrote:

Stok….I hate gun culture. The thought of people on the street carrying guns makes me feel ill. To be honest, even Vic Local’s avatar repulses me. It was OK in the movie but Vic Local comes across as a real life Walter Sobchak. Unpleasant.

But…I’ve got to agree with the sentiment...

I live in St Kilda. Let's just say in an Australian context I've got experience with lockdowns....lots of lockdowns.

No one likes what's going on. Plenty of people don't like Dan. But by in large, people know there's not much else we can do (particularly since we've seen what a shit shown NSW has become).

Only for a short time, back in 2020 did it slightly feel like a police state. Very slightly. But it quickly passed. And things went back to normal when the virus was under control.

Point is, no one's hiding in their homes. The cops aren't out busting people for going to the shops, or sitting on the grass at the park by themselves. It's no where near as bleak of a picture as people are painting it. The recent comments by VicPol have actually shown how much they care about their long term community connections among all this ('we're not here to remove people from playgrounds').

This seppo idiot thinks that adding guns to this mix is what Australians need. It's actual plain lunacy.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 8:47pm
Blowin wrote:

Inzider…what’s going on with the truckies? What do they want?

Goofy …Dan hit his head at Linfox’s place. It pushed him over the full retard line. How long till his wok eye starts spinning like his head’s a pokie and it’s landed on the Feature Win ?

I found myself getting angry at him again today so I went and sat out on the grass in the back yard in the sunshine (yes blowin the sun often shines in Vic) and thought about all the things I’ve got to be happy and grateful about. Instead of focussing on the negative.
Made me feel a million times better for the rest of the day.
I’d highly recommend it to anyone feeling down.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 8:51pm

Etarip- So now you think the only reason the “biggest attack on US democracy in history” and the attempt to overthrow the government and murder the politicians only failed beverages the terrorists knew that they’d be breaking the law if they carried guns?

Does that make sense to you?

By that rationale Amrozi should’ve limited himself to trying to blow up the Sari nightclub with a shaken up can of Coke because bombs are illegal in Bali.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 8:55pm
Blowin wrote:

Stok….I hate gun culture. The thought of people on the street carrying guns makes me feel ill. To be honest, even Vic Local’s avatar repulses me. It was OK in the movie but Vic Local comes across as a real life Walter Sobchak. Unpleasant.

But…I’ve got to agree with the sentiment. Whilst I think many of the government’s Covid restrictions have been very useful in containing the spread of the virus, many are just plain politicking. Are you aware that the NSW police now have the power to unilaterally lock down domestic residences if they so wish? They also now have the power to burst into your home and compel ( force) you to submit to a Covid test.

You’re not even safe hiding in your own home if they believe you are guilty of the crime of being sick.

It’s a short stroll to the point where families are forcibly separated as the government keeps stating that intra-home spread is the largest point of contagion.

Add this to the litany of government imposed situations such as someone being arrested for eating a kebab on their own in a park, mothers being unable to cross state borders to save the life of their children and dying relatives prevented from seeing their loved ones as they pass and it’s not too hard to see why US citizens balk out our society’s evolution. Not that theirs is superior…..

Here’s a bloke Vic Local would call a “Right wing nut job” cause he’s questioning the direction our government is taking. Or maybe he’s a Neo Nazi?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/former-7-30-host-kerry-o-brien...

Good insights, expect nothing less from Kerry.

Two direct quotes I found cut to the core of what I'm seeing and feeling:

“If political leaders take comfort now in sharing platforms with police and military commanders to enhance their own authority, and feel there is some political benefit in doing so, they’ll be tempted to do it again in the future, and it becomes a part of the normal fabric of politics, which it shouldn’t."

And:

“Every year, there are more changes to national security laws; every year there is much greater access both at a government and commercial private level to our private lives and in the accumulation of data,” he said.

“The Freedom of Information laws, which were originally introduced by the Whitlam government to try and create a greater culture of openness within government, are diminishing in front of our eyes...There are all these strictures that are creeping into our society, which I think are a serious worry.”

Bit more on the truckies, I'll be watching this space closely:

I wonder if some venom has been saved from certain crew on here to denigrate the eastern suburbs finest today? It appears Sydney is not in this "all together", let alone NNSW and regional NSW...

Hard lockdown:

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/crowds-flock-to-bronte-bea...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 8:56pm

"Way to play down the most serious assault on US democracy ever."

ppffffffffffff!!

you are one weird cat...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 8:58pm

Goofy- Same here, mate. Reconnected with family and spent time feeding trees and harvesting fruit. Glad to here you’re handling. You too Stok. I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s been like for you crew in inner city Vicco during all this crap.

Thank God you’ve still occasionally got that pale, dim and luke warm sun to cheer you up. Assuming you guys still need to get your vitamin D from a bottle though?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:17pm

hahahaha

interesting little insta influencer scroll

when did the big tough truckies become a bunch of precious little princess anti-vaxxers?

but good on em...

this whole shitshow is just getting stranger and stranger by the day

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:21pm

Sypkan
"this whole shitshow is just getting stranger and stranger by the day."
It will be over soon, according to Scotty we are "corning a turner", so I'm not worried.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:18pm
Blowin wrote:

Etarip- So now you think the only reason the “biggest attack on US democracy in history” and the attempt to overthrow the government and murder the politicians only failed beverages the terrorists knew that they’d be breaking the law if they carried guns?

Does that make sense to you?

By that rationale Amrozi should’ve limited himself to trying to blow up the Sari nightclub with a shaken up can of Coke because bombs are illegal in Bali.

Did I say that? Hmmm, an arvo beer and then a glass of red wine and I say the darnedest things…I also get forgetful. Can you point out where exactly I said that?

I reckon people DIDN’T carry guns to the capitol because they would have been arrested. I think the lack of guns on the ground, as the ‘situation’ escalated, was a good thing. Because, y’know, people get all caught up in the spirit of insurrection and stuff.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:24pm

"insurrection "?
Oh come on etarip, it was just a a few middle aged ladies on an unauthorised tour of the Capitol and a bit of push and shove. (according to blowin)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:24pm

Good things to come from Covid :

-Learning to be happy in one location.
-Keeping things local.
-Less crowds in some places
-Focus on family
-It’s temporarily kicked the Big Australia mass immigration Ponzi scheme in the nuts.
-Same goes for the temporary visa / international student deluge which was inflicted on us previously.
-Community refocus on the bigger picture in life.
-People rediscovering the outdoors and exercise.
-People being freed from their office prisons.
-Politicians struggling to hide under their cloaks of deception. The public getting a good look at just how useless and conniving they are.
- Wheels have fallen off the Skybox dog kennel apartments which developers were artificially foisting on Australians as their preferred way of living.
- People thinking about their health a bit more.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:31pm

Etarip- They were no worse than soccer hooligans. Actually a lot more restrained than most soccer riots. The reason they didn’t have guns is because they didn’t need or want them, not because they didn’t have the foresight to bring them.

The vid posted above as smoking gun evidence literally shows nothing worse than a bit of push and shove. I’ve seen worse out the front of nightclubs at closing time.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:33pm
sypkan wrote:

hahahaha

interesting little insta influencer scroll

when did the big tough truckies become a bunch of precious little princess anti-vaxxers?

but good on em...

this whole shitshow is just getting stranger and stranger by the day

Strange times indeed. Some wild posts on that IG acc Sypkan. Can't imagine the truckies will get too far. Gone are the days of owner drivers doing alot of interstate these days. Big companies with too much to lose own those routes.

However, I know there is a heap of truck and quad owner drivers who cart the Northern Rivers and SEQ regions. I'd say they would be the types to be a part of the "blockade" if there is going to be one. Be interesting to see it unfold.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:34pm

insurrection is totally overplaying it boys, pure partisan media hyperbolic bollocks... no matter how you look at it...

(and that little narrative might just be falling apart at the seams anyway... even if you do buy the hype...)

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:31pm

"a lot more restrained than most soccer riots".
And I'm out. You can't fix stupid. Good night everyone (with the exception of the lunatics on this site).

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:34pm

Literally not as bad as a soccer riot you’ve probably never heard of.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 9:36pm
Blowin wrote:

Etarip- They were no worse than soccer hooligans. Actually a lot more restrained than most soccer riots. The reason they didn’t have guns is because they didn’t need or want them, not because they didn’t have the foresight to bring them.

Spent a bit of time living in the US. Not too far from DC, in a southwards direction. Got some good mates who I discussed gun laws / 2nd amendment with at length. Let me tell ya. They would have wanted them. They ALWAYS want them. Not that they’re the kinda fellas to get caught up in that madness. Few never trumpers among them, but mostly just decent folk who vote republican. ‘Cept when they don’t. Like a few in 2020.

FWIW, I think the truth lies somewhere between the versions that you and Vic are presented. Imma step back an let y’all carry right on now….

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 22 Aug 2021 at 10:14pm

mr vicidiot is hyping out of the ball park... as he does... loaded with misinformation, as usual, he's a propagandaist...

"But one source said there has been little, if any, recent discussion by senior Justice Department officials of filing charges such as "seditious conspiracy" to accuse defendants of trying to overthrow the government. They have also opted not to bring racketeering charges, often used against organized criminal gangs.

Senior officials had discussed filing such charges in the weeks after the attack, the sources said.

Prosecutors have also not brought any charges alleging that any individual or group played a central role in organizing or leading the riot. Law-enforcement sources told Reuters no such charges appeared to be pending."

it was just a good ol' some crew got a bit over excited riot... with a few weapons and nutty revolutionaries thrown in...

a bit like you know what...

exactly like actually...

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-c...

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 5:18am

Here's a good NZ opinion piece, I think.

No mudslinging, in fact a fair bit of humility. And some very good points, although I don't fully agree with all of them.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/300386701/the-virus-has-evolved-our-resp...

poo-man's picture
poo-man's picture
poo-man Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 5:39am
Island Bay wrote:

No mudslinging, in fact a fair bit of humility. And some very good points, although I don't fully agree with all of them.

Yep IB that's a good piece. And Jacinda is so hell bent on elimination still which could cost all of us. I can't really see why we can't surf. A few crew at my local had a crack Saturday but I didn't bother this time round

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 6:21am

I could be wrong but I don’t

gcuts's picture
gcuts's picture
gcuts Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 6:37am
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 6:55am
poo-man wrote:
Island Bay wrote:

Yep IB that's a good piece. And Jacinda is so hell bent on elimination still which could cost all of us. I can't really see why we can't surf. A few crew at my local had a crack Saturday but I didn't bother this time round

Jacinda and Co are starting to show they are unprepared for Delta. I think they are most concerned about the health system being nowhere near ready for mass admissions. Jacinda has stumbled her way for the last year or say hoping the love Kiwi’s have towards her lasts. They are hopeless at Govt especially in todays covid world.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 7:16am

Sorry that was a bump post, wasn’t going to bother with it when I realised I was wrong

I was going to say I could be wrong but I don’t think elimination strategy leaders like Ardern, McGowan and Andrews believe elimination is a long term possibility, merely for the short term while everyone gets their turn in the vax queue.
Because surely everyone understands that dream went out the window 6 months ago when the Israel evidence started coming in.

Seriously, how can some people elevate themselves to such important roles when they have such basic awareness that could see them walking in front of a bus on any given day

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 7:23am

The power is intoxicating, shoredump, even to good people.

I think the reflections in that opinion piece I linked about turning the screws harder and harder are apt for Ardern and Co. They made a decision, and everybody (well not quite) loooved them, and she milked it hard, and now it must be very difficult to swallow the necessary 125 dead rats.

Instead "we must continue the fight 'The Variant' harder and harder".

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 7:30am
gcuts wrote:

Groundswell building?

https://theaustraliaproject.org/

In the members section:

https://theaustraliaproject.org/Letters/Police-whistle-blowers.pdf

Got this sent to me by a mate over the weekend. Seems to be the same group?

I watched it having a beer last night. Interesting claim re 2x kids death at super vaccine set up in Sydney. Does seem to be a semi well organised, strategic approach? Better than protests?

https://odysee.com/@flossienightingale:5/IMG_1884:f

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 7:44am

Wingnut- What’s this about kids dying?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:01am

@blowin , it’s just sick shit that’s being posted , there is no truth to it . https://fml.lol/report-2-kids-dead-after-24-000-children-herded-into-sta...

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:05am

Two kids dying at a vaccination event? Seems like a. Some sort of deep state conspiracy to suppress that info, or b. Some seriously whacked out, PNG-level misinformation

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:06am

FFS, Stop spreading that shit.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:16am

There is a lot of crap currently doing the rounds also around the national truckie blockade of all borders , actual videos telling people to prepare by stocking up on food and fuel and to prepare for blackouts and no internet or communication for 3 days, its bizarre what lengths some of these people are going too .

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:27am

Good, measured article that one IB. Need more like it.

Rather than indulging shallow thinking and calling it all a conspiracy, it shows how/why institutions continue on a path once a campaign is set in motion. Understand that dynamic and you can make sense, not only of the examples he gives, including COVID, but a great many endeavours that have turned sour from fossil fuel use on down.

Once that infrastructure is in place it's very hard to shift.

Also, very obvious why Western politicians are reluctant to change tack when, if they did, tomorrow's headlines will call them a failure who flip flops on policy etc etc.

FWIW I'd rather have a leader who acts as if the Sword of Damocles hangs precariously overhead than a cavalier buffoon who always ascribes blame to others.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:34am
Vic Local wrote:

6 people died you stupid fucker and the mob were trying to overthrow the government and kill politicians they didn't like. Way to play down the most serious assault on US democracy ever.
Just when you think blowin has reach peak idiot, he raises the bar again.

The only stupid fucker is you, i never said nobody died i said
"where not one protestor killed anyone only person shot was by authorities"

BTW the figure was 5 people not 6

1. Ashli Babbitt, 35 unarmed and shot by authorities at point blank range.

2.Brian Sicknick, 42 police man who originally it was reported was hit by a fire extinguisher but there is no evidence of this, he was pepper sprayed though, but this was not the cause of his death "Washington DC's chief medical examiner has ruled a Capitol Police officer died of natural causes following multiple strokes"

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/us-capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-die...

3. Benjamin Phillips, 50 had a stroke.

4. Kevin Greeson, 55 died of a heart attack.

5. Rosanne Boyland, 34 most media says she died in the stamped crushed, but an autopsy by the Washington medical examiner’s office did not find evidence of trampling and concluded that she had overdosed on amphetamines.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:40am

Stu…I reckon you’re still getting lost in the semantics of it all. When politicians or others who stand to benefit make a conscious decision to perpetuate lies which preserve their power it’s a conspiracy. No two ways about it.

The East coast gas cartel is a conspiracy and the distortion of the Covid narrative is no different.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:43am
Blowin wrote:

Stu…I reckon you’re still getting lost in the semantics of it all. When politicians or others whi stand to benefit make a conscious decision to perpetuate lies which keep them in power it’s a conspiracy. No two ways about it.

Nah, that's wrong.

I think what's happening around the world provides excellent real time examples of the distortions/contradictions of setting movements in motion. The NZ govt is one such example.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:54am
Blowin wrote:

Goofy- Same here, mate. Reconnected with family and spent time feeding trees and harvesting fruit. Glad to here you’re handling. You too Stok. I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s been like for you crew in inner city Vicco during all this crap.
Thank God you’ve still occasionally got that pale, dim and luke warm sun to cheer you up. Assuming you guys still need to get your vitamin D from a bottle though?

Good to hear you had a break Blowin , did you have a revelation and thanked God for us?

OK back to the Virus and vaccines ...pretty alarmed at what I've read and seen over the last few weeks in regard to Kids and Delta Covid....which is still a great unknown......but the amount of kids now catching and spreading Covid is out of the ball park....
So out of 830 new daily infections....200 were under 9 , 276 were kids from 10-19.......476 kids out of a total 830.......is that 70% ??
The worry is we don't know what long term affects this will have , as long covid is a reality for adults ........https://www.theage.com.au/politics/nsw/as-more-than-200-primary-kids-get...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 8:56am

Speaking of NZ i mentioned it in the other thread but was surprised to learn that NZ vaccination rates are currently slightly behind ours.

Source two days old but counter is current of today

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/ng-interactive/2021/aug/20/co...

This is surprising seeing they really dont need much vaccines with a population of 4.9 million.

Either the narrative is true that Scomo and Jacinda have both fucked up, or its not as easy to get supplies as people and media make out.

Same deal with outbreaks, NZ has done very well with Covid but just like Australia is still having leaks into the community 21 new cases today.

This should bring some perspective to what we are really dealing with.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 9:22am
Island Bay wrote:

Nice IB

Definitely some sunk cost fallacy forces at play with all these examples.

Unfortunately, we pay the price for the governments inability to work through how they feel about rectifying or being held accountable for their failed/failing national and international programs.

Full steam ahead as usual. Blinded or paralyzed by fear of failing or being perceived as failures at the ballet box. Ironic, as the current trajectory guarantees failure on so many different levels in my eyes.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 9:36am

Indo , one of the reasons Australia is in the shit with vaccinations , is our refusal/bad mouthing of AZ..we have 8 m AZ doses in Stock.....and we are waiting for the Pfizer......
ATAGI is now saying better for anybody to have the AZ, than catch Covid so get the AZ , which a lot of younger people have done.
We have the vaccines , we should be a lot further down the Vaccination Rabbit hole , but we as a country have spoken ...we want pfizer or Moderna but not AZ.......
Australia is like the guy in the desert dying of thirst , when someone approaches with life saving water , the guy says sorry I only drink Perrier , I'll take my chances until the Perrier arrives!!

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 10:33am

I think Aus and NZ were just smugly complacent, thinking they'd got this all sorted through "going hard and going early". Who needs vaccines when you're the envy if the world? Nek minnit!

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 10:46am
brutus wrote:

Indo , one of the reasons Australia is in the shit with vaccinations , is our refusal/bad mouthing of AZ..we have 8 m AZ doses in Stock.....and we are waiting for the Pfizer......
ATAGI is now saying better for anybody to have the AZ, than catch Covid so get the AZ , which a lot of younger people have done.
We have the vaccines , we should be a lot further down the Vaccination Rabbit hole , but we as a country have spoken ...we want pfizer or Moderna but not AZ.......
Australia is like the guy in the desert dying of thirst , when someone approaches with life saving water , the guy says sorry I only drink Perrier , I'll take my chances until the Perrier arrives!!

Great analogy there Brutus. I like it.

Crazy thing is women who take the pill have a higher chance of contracting blood clots from the pill than they do from AZ and yet NO ONE bats an eye at allowing their daughter/partner/wife etc to take it on a daily basis.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 10:52am

I hope the Australian government gives those doses of AZ to Indonesia or pacific islands before there expiry date , germany threw away a warehouse full of Pfizer that had reached its expiry date .

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 10:53am

Those of you who think the government’s restrictions are merely a form of authoritarian muscle flexing might want to pay attention to John Dwyer, immunologist and emeritus professor of medicine, who writes in today’s Sydney Morning Herald, “There have been many mistakes, in many countries, that have hindered efforts to control the COVID-19 pandemic. None has been more counterproductive than the premature easing of public health containment initiatives. Time and time again, premature easing of restrictions has breathed new life into infections by the SARS-Cov-2 virus. This is especially so when dealing with the Delta variant.”

Personally, as much as I hate the restrictions, I don’t think they are an insidious movement towards a more authoritarian government. I think they are a necessary response to some people’s lack of compliance and cooperation. I am confident our freedoms will eventually return when we get the pandemic under control, especially through vaccinations. In the meantime, we just have to pull together and get through this, without all the complaining, protests and conspiracy theories.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 10:55am

It’s a terrible analogy. Dying of thirst in the desert has a 0 percent survival rate , whilst Wuflu has a 99.98 percent survival rate.

There’s a story to hear if you’d care to listen. If the virus was like dying of thirst in the desert then the vaccine centres would be under armed guard so that people didn’t break in to get vaccines. Instead we have the situation of the government trying to pay Thor to promote it.

AZ vaccine would probably be more popular except that pesky ingrates keep getting very sick when they take it. It’s so inconvenient for the harmless vaccine messaging.

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 11:01am
Blowin wrote:

Wingnut- What’s this about kids dying?

In that video, bloke speaking, ex cop, makes statement that 2 kids died in that hyper vaccine centre in Sydney...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 11:06am

"I think Aus and NZ were just smugly complacent, thinking they'd got this all sorted through "going hard and going early". Who needs vaccines when you're the envy if the world? Nek minnit!"

exactly!

and while everyone likes to blame morrison for lack of vaccines, really, the vast majority of the population were more than happy to be complacent and patient re. vaccines

interesting the talk now getting around re. that magic 70-80% that will 'free' us...

looking all a bit 'not bloody likely' now

the feds are desperately trying to hold the states to it, but the talk from states isn't particularly encouraging

and I gotta say, that mark mcgowin wanker is totally delusional and drunk with power... not to mention just not very helpful... and a little bit nasty...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 11:27am

Probably the only good thing Scomo has said, re opening once enough vaccinated.

Once enough are vaccinated and the health system can accordingly cope we're good to go.

And McGowan has totally lost it.

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Monday, 23 Aug 2021 at 11:33am

Can't wait to see that campaign. Even without Pfizer Thor. Beyond proud of the Feds. Crushing it. Clap clap fire fire heart heart.

The brilliant and detailed plan the public service (they had to hire the real bright pennies back - at a premium) has produced at the Prime Minister’s urging for a non-lockdown Australia in a COVID world with 70% (+?) vaxxed has been finalised. The plan is to be presented to National Cabinet this week, and after a constructive debate and amendment process, it is expected to be unanimously accepted.

If vax isn't the magic potion, and we are stuck with this, then I wish we had a plan. Or at least some planning.

“In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless but planning is indispensable” Dwight D. Eisenhower