The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 8:16am

A recent Antifa blooper, apparently went to throw a molotov cocktail towards police, but caught on fire in his hands so he dropped it near his feet, and well the rest makes for entertaining viewing.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 10:43am

Not nearly as amusing as watching multiple boats in the Trump armada sink. The funniest bit was the drunk and emotion Trump fan retelling the story of his rescue saying, "I ain't putting on a mask, so I certainly ain't gunna to put on a life jacket. They tried giving me one".

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 11:06am

They really said that? Hahahahah!

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 11:19am

I think the difference is one of someone in a boat who plans to enthusiastically participate in an election VS someone trying to set fire to police officers / government buildings / private businesses.

See how the two situations aren’t really similar ?

cdawg's picture
cdawg's picture
cdawg Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 11:30am

yes, always funnier to see someone attempting to hurt others cop a taste of their own medicine.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 12:24pm

Can't embed the tweet with my limited tech skills, but...

Storm creates chaos as large trump boats sink small trump boats is the late capitalism metaphor you we’re (sic) looking for.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 12:33pm

@cdawg: I agree. Funnier like if someone put a bullet in the head of that 17yr old Trump supporter who shot those 3 people, “taste of his own medicine” and all that......

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 12:47pm

Hiccups, I'd love to share the video of the emotion captain but it was a Facebook video and not sure how to do it.
I will describe it as best as possible.
30 year old drunken redneck Captain red beard said he was putting out the video to make sure his fan club knew he was safe. He said the boat sank because there were too many mags fans on board, weighing it down. Then he got all emotional about his boat being a reflection of his personality. Then he described the rescue saying silly things about the freedom hating guys who hauled his sorry arse into the rescue boat. The funniest thing about the video were the comments from captain drunken red neck's fan club. Apparently, because so many ships went down at the same time, it had to be a democratic plot and aquatic terrorism.
These people were truely DSDS fellow travellers.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 12:51pm

Should have boated by mail.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 2:17pm

'twas on the good ship...

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 3:13pm

Bravo sir.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 3:18pm

In a similar vein

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 5:31pm

Looks like they are starting to take things seriously now

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 6:09pm

The inventor of the bicycle would be turning in his grave if he knew what his humble invention had become....
The good 'ol (Un)US of A.
But hey at least they moved the crowd back about maybe 50m.....

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 9:04pm

I'm really hoping this guy doesn't get sent to the US.

"That an Australian journalist, publishing documents that reveal war crimes can be indicted on the US Espionage Act, whilst not on US soil, is a warning flag to the world. If Julian Assange and Wikileaks can be indicted under this act, so too can The Guardian, New York Times, and every media outlet that published any of the Wikileaks cables, or will publish any US document in the future."

https://medium.com/@niraj.lal/rubberhose-cryptography-and-the-idea-behin...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 9:46pm

Good read Westie.

Important quote you've chosen there, as is this one I think.

"George Orwell once remarked: “the further a society drifts from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it.”"

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020 at 9:48pm

Also, once we look past the orchestrated media campaign against Assange, we should remember that in independent circles he is held in extremely high regard:

Recipient of the 2011 Walkley Award for Most Outstanding Contribution to Journalism, 2008 The Economist New Media Award, 2009 Amnesty International UK Media Awards, 2010 Time Person of the Year, Reader’s Choice, 2010 Sam Adams Award, 2011 Sydney Peace Foundation Gold Medal, 2011, Martha Gellhorn Prize for Journalism, 2013 Yoko Ono Lennon Courage Award for the Arts, 2019 Gavin MacFadyen award, 2019 Catalan Dignity Prize, 2020 Stuttgart Peace Prize, and nominated seven times for the Nobel Peace Prize by members of European parliaments and past Nobel laureates.

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 4:21am

Great opp to nick one of those cop bikes, respray and enjoy free. Thanks.
Assange is one of the gutsiest people I can think of.
All power to him!

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 7:45am

Always the opportunist Views From The.....

On another note, how fucking FAT has the average American citizen become in this day and age.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 11:35am

I saw this fella the other day, he was so fat that when he jumped up in the air he got stuck.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 2:33pm

I know a guy so fat he has to take two selfies.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 2:37pm

Trumpy :

"I'm not saying the military is in love with me. The soldiers are. The top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs, make the planes, make everything else stay happy," Trump said.

"But we're getting out of endless wars," Trump added. "Some people don't like to come home. Some people like to continue to spend money. One cold-hearted globalist betrayal after another, that's what it was."

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 2:40pm

"Since becoming president, Donald Trump has overseen historic increases in defense budgets, fawned over military equipment, installed a number of defense industry insiders in top Pentagon positions and made a major push to sell weapons overseas."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/08/trump-military-defense-industry...

Wrong again Dude.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 3:11pm

"I'm not saying the military is in love with me. The soldiers are."
blowin, just because Trumpy says something doesn't make it true.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trump...
Mate, you humiliated yourself last night with all that rubbish about the curfew. Looks like you haven't improved at all in the last 24 hours.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 3:11pm

Why wrong?

Buying and manufacturing weapons doesn't necessarily mean he's using them. Technology changes, equipment becomes outdated or obsolete, systems require maintenance and upgrades and the price rises accordingly.

Increased military spending doesn't automatically equate to an increase in military aggression.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 3:17pm

Read it again zen.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 3:45pm

Yep, read it twice.

I failed to mention the deterrent angle in addition to foreign arms sales but my comment stands.

You think a democrat government is going defund the US military complex?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 3:45pm

Sweetie, your 'dead cats' have turned into kittens. Try harder!

Regarding weapons, how's this piece of the infamous Middle East 'peace deal' pie?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/03/us/politics/israel-uae-weapons.html

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 3:50pm

True , Zen.

Some people can’t understand the difference between military defence and military aggression . Selling arms to allies makes sense.

Just goes to show how deranged Trump Derangement Syndrome sufferers can get . If Obama had said the above BB would have literally done his bolt in his Y fronts. He has been banging on about the US military complex’s addiction to malicious overseas military action for years and when a US President finally shares the same sentiment he can’t even see a glimmer of hope because.....orange man bad !

Weird.

No appreciation of this historic brokerage of a peace deal between UAE and Israel either because......NYT say Trump bad !

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 3:49pm

I know what you're going to say that his actions are diametrically opposed to his words but he did say that he doesn't want to enter new wars, he wants to bring troops home and in the event of a conflict, send in troops as an absolute last resort.

In doing so, those troops need to be equipped with the best to give them a fighting chance of coming home if you'll pardon the pun.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 3:58pm

Trump claims
"The top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs, make the planes, make everything else stay happy,"

Reality.

"Since becoming president, Donald Trump has overseen historic increases in defense budgets, fawned over military equipment, installed a number of defense industry insiders in top Pentagon positions and made a major push to sell weapons overseas."

Logic:
Polling suggests that people don't like the Pentagon top brass.

In other words:
After supporting the Pentagon and arms manufacturers through-out his term he wants to disown them now because there might be votes in it.

Conclusion:
Further evidence that he is the same lying hypocritical motherfucker he has always been.

Got it now?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 4:01pm

Probs the two most pertinent statements in your article Mr. Facto is that there's a whole lot of kabuki theatre in this and that the president is a salesman. Spot on. The Americans don't give a toss at who's buying- as long as they're selling. As it was and as it shall be. One mans proxy war is anothers...

Well I'm sure you get the gist. Don't make it right though, but being a dealer won't stop you being mates with two different junkies will it?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 4:02pm

But does anyone believe anything he says anymore? It's no point using one of his quotes as a plank in an argument because the words have no meaning.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 4:07pm

I got it the first time, just like the lying, hypocritical motherfuckers that preceded him and the hypocritical, lying motherfuckers that will succeed hm.

edit: correct Stu, but I don't necessarily think he's alone in that regard, just more bombastic. The article I think you posted the other day was a good one.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 4:08pm

Who else do you think would qualify for Pentagon positions if not defence industry insiders who other otherwise known as EXPERTS ? You think he should appoint a bunch of retired school teachers instead ? You think that every Pentagon appointment in the history of Pentagon appointments hasn’t come from a defence Industry insider ?

And you think it’s Trump instigating a major push ( !!!! ) to sell weapons overseas - to allies - or do you think it’s more likely an industry initiative which Trump OKs ?

I’m honestly staggered that BB’s puts his stubborn pride before acknowledging that a US President is even making these anti-war sounds . So bent out of shape .

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 4:15pm

Stu, the words have meaning when sentiment to that effect has not been uttered by a President since Kennedy at least . I can’t believe the scope of the statement has gone over the top of your heads. It’s a public rejection of decades a of baked- in US foreign policy which has torn the world a new one by the leader of the United States.

Every journey begins with a single step. The first step in defeating a problem is admitting you have a problem.

That historic pivotal sentence gets ignored whilst Ol’ “Bomb Hard “ Obama gets a Nobel Peace prize.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 4:15pm

“ The path toward economic recovery in the U.S. has become sharply divided, with wealthier Americans earning and saving at record levels while the poorest struggle to pay their bills and put food on the table. ”

“The trend is on track to exacerbate dramatic wealth and income gaps in the U.S., where divides are already wider than any other nation in the G-7, a group of major developed countries. Spiraling inequality can also contribute to political and financial instability, fuel social unrest and extend any economic recession.”

“What that’s created is this tale of two recessions,” said Beth Akers, a labor economist with the Manhattan Institute who worked on the Council of Economic Advisers under President George W. Bush. “There are so obviously complete communities that have been almost entirely unscathed by Covid, while others are entirely devastated.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/07/income-inequality-wealth-gap-40...

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 4:22pm

Classic.

Rather than making even the slightest concession that Trump may have done a single thing even remotely right , BB picks another angle of attack.

And that is why our world is on a headlong collision with disaster until absolutists like that shuffle into the next world.

Very revealing of character .

I suppose it’s a step down for someone to admit after they’ve pushed hyperbolic TRUMP’S FINGER ON THE NUCLEAR BUTTON conspiracy theories for years.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 5:02pm

zen there are liars and then there are PANTS ON FIRE wouldn't recognise the truth if someone slapped him around the skull with it. So here's Trump's record. (20,000 ...... and counting!). Whaddaya got on Obama?

Screen-Shot-2020-09-09-at-4-29-57-pm

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 5:54pm

Sorry BB, can't really glean much out of your graph so doesn't really tell me much. Roughly 20 verifiable lies a day, everyday, 7 days a week for 3 years? Hmmm...

The source of the graphs tell me much more.

Btw, I'm not sticking up for Trump, I reckon he's a knob but I reckon in some circles if he cured cancer and turned water into wine he'd still be the devil incarnate.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 5:55pm

3rd times a charm. AGAIN.

"Why I rally for Trump is because of the MSM and the fake left retards telling people who they can and can’t vote for and what they can and can’t think ."

- Sweetie.

Say no more...

Wait up, except Blowie, waaaaaay back in May 2020:

"I don’t really follow much of what goes on in America, Stu . I aren’t familiar with who anyone is in their political arena so it doesn’t interest me. I think I’ve heard Trump speak about three times...I don’t “ research “ on the internet."

Nek minnit...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 6:07pm

Still not as good as last night's effort from blowin, factotum. Sweetie was so confident saying that Dan Andrews was the only person who could order a curfew in Victoria. When I pointed out two other people (The Police Minister and the CMO) had the power to do it, ol' blowie went to bed.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 6:21pm

We wait with bated breath his next 'dead hamster'...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 8:14pm

noble peace prize for trump?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 8:44pm

Nobel peace prize for trump? The lunatic right tried the same thing with Bush. Didn't work because the selection committee tends not to hand the thing out to war mongers. Same to with corrupt wannabe dictators.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 8:51pm

so yes

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 8:52pm

you surprised me

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 9:19pm

the chief medical officer cannot order a curfew you idiot vic-local, dan did because it "made police enforcement easier". that is worth reading again, a curfew not on medical advice but to make the police job easier., in Australia! ..Andrews is a cockhead , enabled by useful idiots like you and factotum. and wannabe dictators? the loony left you are a part of has a near monopoly on that, Cuba, venezuala, Russia, china, all far left leaders end up as leaders for life. because they know best, and despise everyone else, including their fellow travellers on the loony fringe

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 9:37pm

Lizard's frill-necking again!

Yew!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 9:44pm

"the chief medical officer cannot order a curfew you idiot vic-local," Great another village idiot wannabe bush lawyer. Straight out of the blowin playbook.

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/publications/research-papers/download/...

On 16 March, Victoria declared a 'state of emergency' under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic).[footnote 3]... conferring extraordinary powers on the Victorian Chief Health Officer, who issued determinations that successively locked down Victoria and Australia's society and economy to minimise the rate of infection.

The state of disaster declaration in Victoria also gave the police minister the power to issue curfews as well.

lounge lizard. Best stop now before you make a big fool of yourself.