The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 9:45pm

factotum, flat out like a lizard drinking no doubt.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 9:58pm

Drinking, yes. Thinking, no.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 10:22pm

Factotum
I sometimes wonder what goes through these bloke's heads when they make up complete BS.
Are they that stupid they actually believe it, or do they think they can get away with just making shit up?
And when someone posts up the facts, do they think they can bluff their way out, or is it a default position to instantly dismiss the facts because they don't agree with their world view? Or do they say to themselves, geez I got that wrong, better go to bed and hope nobody notices?
It's a fucking weird way to go through life though. Kind of like the sovereign citizens who tell coppers they are going to be charged with misprison, or refuse to hand over driver's licences because the cop said "yes" when he was asked if the driver was a "living person". They just make shit up as they go along. A night in jail and a court date doesn't even make them doubt the legal gibberish they regurgitate.

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020 at 10:34pm

no mention of a curfew ordered by the chief medical officer in footnote 3

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 10:27am

probably because chief medical officer didn't order a curfew...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 4:56am

so are we not 'following the science' now?

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 10:22am

"chief health officer brett sutton told 3aw radio he had not called for a curfew. mr andrews said it had been his own call"

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 10:29am

"Factotum
I sometimes wonder what goes through these bloke's heads when they make up complete BS.
Are they that stupid they actually believe it, or do they think they can get away with just making shit up?"

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 10:36am

have been giving some thought as to why "vic-local" is by definition a cockhead. in general true "locals" dont call themselves "locals". because they dont have to. its fucking obvious. local is a term bestowed by those "deserving" it by others. moving somewhere, how long , if ever does it take to be called a "local"? again, this is up to others, not for you to claim to be a local. 1 year after buying a spread at wategos doesnt give you "local" rights, living in a humpy at penong for 10 may get you called local by visitors, but the cave-dwellers still know they are not true locals and wouldnt use the term about themselves in front of west-coasters born and bred. yet vic-local moves to the surf-coast and touts himself on-line as a local. you are a wannabe and clown irrespective of your politics.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 10:56am

"chief health officer brett sutton told 3aw radio he had not called for a curfew. mr andrews said it had been his own call"
That may be true lounge lizard, but it certainly doesn't make your original statement
"the chief medical officer cannot order a curfew you idiot vic-local," even remotely accurate.
Loungelizard, You bullshitted, you got called out for it, and now you're trying to excuse your rubbish by pointing to an irrelevant statement. The CMO can, and always could, issue orders for a curfew after the state of emergency was called. That's just a fact you're going to have to get use to.
PS, the name Vic Local started as a joke. It was pointing fun at the crew who don't accept anyone not born in the area no matter how many hours they put in in the water over decades.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 10:54am

Such generosity of spirit! Not. So who gave you the right to define the term? Bestowed by Hughie? Hours devoted to the precise use of the term over the geographic and temporal spread of surfing culture? Nah, just a cheap shot at someone whose opinions don't like.

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 11:05am

glass jaws ..

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 11:11am

seriously loungelizard? Why would I have a glass jaw over a bloke who is too stupid to understand that the state of emergency allows the CMO to issue laws such as curfews. Fuck, I even provided a link to help you understand this basic concept.
The fact you can't admit you are wrong, shows how fragile you are. I'd actually have respect for you if you put up your hand and said "I got it wrong".

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 11:13am

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 11:25am

so, can someone just tell me who set the bloody curfew?

and, was it 'following the medical advice'?

someone?

anyone?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 11:39am

"seriously loungelizard? Why would I have a glass jaw over a bloke who is too stupid to understand that the state of emergency allows the CMO to issue laws such as curfews. Fuck, I even provided a link to help you understand this basic concept.
The fact you can't admit you are wrong, shows how fragile you are. I'd actually have respect for you if you put up your hand and said "I got it wrong"."

seriously dude

stop

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 11:52am

so, can someone just tell me who set the bloody curfew? Dan Andrews

and, was it 'following the medical advice'? No, but the CMO does support it.

That of course doesn't change the fact that loungelizard was talking absolute shit when he said ""the chief medical officer cannot order a curfew you idiot vic-local,"

sypkan. I've answered your questions in plain and simple language, now can you answer this one. Was loungelizard wrong when he wrote, "the chief medical officer cannot order a curfew you idiot vic-local,"? A simple yes or no will suffice.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 11:54am

Now that is what you call a strawman.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:01pm

"Now that is what you call a strawman."
No it's not you complete and utter moron blowin.
I've just accurately quoted loungelizard, told him he was talking shit, and provided a link proving it. That's not even remotely close to being a straw man argument.
Remember when you said I refuse to watch Avi Yemini because of the colour of his skin? That's a straw man shit for brains.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:06pm

Hahaha!

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:09pm

I really don't get this kerfuffle over the curfew. We can't go anywhere anyway.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:11pm

You spent hours the other night telling everyone how stupid they were and how embarrassed they ought to be for claiming that Dan Andrews issued the curfew ......yet now you think anyone GAF about the scope of responsibility of a medical officer.

That’s a definitive strawman.

Honestly, if you were a poster who wasn’t already a recognised clown I’d go harder . But you are , so I won’t.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:17pm

I love it when people use buzzwords and phrases out of context. What's next dsds? Non sequitur? Cabal?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:19pm
cdawg's picture
cdawg's picture
cdawg Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:24pm

I'm waiting for a chance to weave "strawman" and "cottaging" together....

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:38pm

"You spent hours the other night telling everyone how stupid they were and how embarrassed they ought to be for claiming that Dan Andrews issued the curfew"
Really blowin? Show us again where I did that.
I just called bullshit on the bullshit claim that only one person could bring in a curfew.
Thanks again for making up my argument Captain Strawman/blowin/ DSDS/ shit for brains.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:44pm

It would be nice to see the press go this hard on sombody who is constantly abusing their power for personal political gain, rather than someone fairly fighting for his constituents during a major public health crisis.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:52pm

viclocal is cottaging the strawman

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:55pm

The initial point I made was that Andrew’s curfew isn’t based on protecting the citizenry. There is no medical or scientific advice recommending the curfew . There was no request by police for the curfew. It serves no purpose beyond the political theatre .

It’s Dictator Dan looking like he can be well hard on the population he is victim shaming because they suffer his fuck ups. The cucked Stockholm syndrome ‘tards amongst the Victorian population love him for it.

“ Lock . Us . Up “ they chant.

And when Vic Stupid turned this into an irrelevant argument about the medical officer’s job description it was a strawman.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:53pm

outside the block, for all to see

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:59pm

"The cucked Stockholm syndrome ‘tards amongst the Victorian population love him for it."
Wow, I'm checking out. I't's just not worth arguing with people this stupid.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 1:05pm

Ya come in for lunch ya check SN and you start to wonder ....

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 1:11pm

You’re the exact kind of person I’m referring to Vic Local.

The medical advice says the curfew has nothing to do with Covid safety , the police advice say the curfew has nothing to do with policing Covid curfew .

Yet if someone disparages the curfew you take it as an attack on curfew safety.

Proper stupidity. I understand you don’t really do nuance but this is next level. Then again....it’s not much worse than anything you’ve said to date . Just a scared old man.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 1:25pm

VL, last night at 944pm - "The state of disaster declaration in Victoria also gave the police minister the power to issue curfews as well."
Your words VL.

"the state's police chief says his organisation "didn't have any input" into the decision to introduce a curfew during Melbourne's lockdown."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-10/victoria-coronavirus-curfew-debat...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 1:31pm

Seriously Fitzroy?
You do realise both those statements can be true? Please tell me you understand that.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 1:33pm

VL, you lord around on here parading as some sort of messiah of the truth, you abuse people, calling them all the derogative names under the sun you can think of, call people liars, etc, etc. because they don't agree with your narrative, ideas and ideals.

Well guess what..... you're not the messiah,. you're a very naughty boy.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 1:47pm

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 2:00pm

"Was loungelizard wrong when he wrote, "the chief medical officer cannot order a curfew you idiot vic-local."

Only half wrong.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 2:45pm

"VL, you lord around on here parading as some sort of messiah of the truth, you abuse people, calling them all the derogative names under the sun you can think of, call people liars, etc, etc. because they don't agree with your narrative, ideas and ideals."

Well if people consistently lie then calling them liars is a simple statement of fact. Given that some of them knowingly lie (on the assumption that they couldn't possibly be ignorant or stupid enough to actually believe what they say), and that these lies concern significant issues and are put forward to further their political agendas, "liar" seems quite mild.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 2:53pm

I think you’ll find that he was wrong . Nothing more , nothing less. This was after days of his usual boring insults . Then he changed the subject.

Then you’ve got to wonder whether HIS lies were through ignorance or malice ?

Either way , sure why you’d defend that ?

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 2:55pm

Misleading at a stretch, but not a lie.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 3:12pm

An while we are on the subject, you can't believe a confirmed serial liar about anything.

“ On June 13, President Donald Trump told the graduating class at West Point, “We are ending the era of endless wars.” That is what Trump has promised since 2016, but the “endless” wars have not ended. Trump has dropped more bombs and missiles than George W. Bush or Barack Obama did in their first terms, and there are still roughly as many US bases and troops overseas as when he was elected.”

“ Trump has shrouded his war-making in even greater secrecy than Obama. The US military has not published a monthly Airpower Summary since February 2020, nor official troop deployment numbers for Afghanistan, Iraq, or Syria for nearly three years. But the United States has dropped at least twenty thousand bombs on Afghanistan since Trump came to power, and there is no evidence of a reduction in bombing under the peace agreement the administration signed with the Taliban in February. “

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/06/donald-trump-war-iraq-iran-syria-afgh...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 3:30pm

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 3:55pm

Dan brought in a curfew so that Antifa, funded by the Corporate Plutocrats, could move about more freely to violently take over the cities so the immigrants can come and take our jobs and make the handover of Victoria to the CCP under the Belt and Road easier. Or something like that. Do your own research. Trust no-one, except .....

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 4:10pm

No.

Dan brought in the curfew to look like he’s hard on Covid after working over the whole of Victoria with his corrupt ineptitude.

After blowing it through mismanagement the first time he is prepared to have Victorians make any sacrifice to fix his image .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 4:26pm

He probably did it in good faith, but IMHO it's probably a bit too much just makes people feel like they are being controlled or treated like kids and a bit pointless as you can only leave home for 4 reasons anyway.

Food- shops are suppose to be closed by then.

Work- If you are working at night you can still work anyway.

Exercise- Doubt much people want to go for a run late at night, but if they do why's that an issue?

For care giving- So im sure you can get an exemption if need at that time, or doubt they are going to book you if you have a decent care going reason to be out and about.

And as we know it wasn't recommend by police or the health officer.

cdawg's picture
cdawg's picture
cdawg Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 4:24pm

Fair assessment.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 4:30pm

"viclocal is cottaging the strawman"

Hahahaha!

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 4:51pm

The Victorian premier made it unlawful to be outside of your home after the sun goes down . He did this with no justification. No reason whatsoever to increase the siege mentality Victorians are experiencing.

This has to be nipped in the bud before governments think totalitarian actions of this kind are acceptable in any way in our country. Andrews should be immediately sacked at the very least and face criminal charges if possible.

If Trump did this people would be claiming he was acting like Hitler. It ain’t gas chambers level of atrocity but it’s way beyond anything Australians would consider had the circumstances been different.

This has nothing to do with ALP / LNP.

Fact : Andrews curfew has nothing to do with Covid. It’s a public servant locking people in their houses for no reason at all.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 10 Sep 2020 at 4:51pm

"Food- shops are suppose to be closed by then.

Work- If you are working at night you can still work anyway.

Exercise- Doubt much people want to go for a run late at night, but if they do why's that an issue?

For care giving- So im sure you can get an exemption if need at that time, or doubt they are going to book you if you have a decent care going reason to be out and about."

So by your own logic the only reason people would have to be out at night not covered by the existing rules was for exercise.......and of course no-one would go out for other reasons like to have a party would they? Regardless of the views of the police and the health officers I think Dan was right on this. Maybe he has a better grasp of how people might behave.