Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 6:50am

Only read that quote , Sypkan. I’ll read the rest today.

Interesting.

PS Don’t legitimise Facto’s attempt at derailing a concept he’s not smart enough to refute. WGAF who published the thing ? I’ll guarantee he doesn’t even know why he’s attempting to disclaim the article. I could say....but I won’t.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:01am

No, this is not satire.

This is the state of Australia today whereby even the unions who are supposed to represent Australian workers are actively lobbying government to overturn a travel ban , enforced by our Chief Medical Officer to protect lives , so that workers from China can flood the Australian labour market and force down wages.

Read that again: The Victorian Unions want to risk the lives of Australians by removing a safety edict so that Victorian businesses don’t have to employ Australians.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/workers-feel-helpless-as-staff-shortages...

Consider this quote just to realise how far the unmandated globilisation push has infiltrated Australian institutions. :

“Victoria's trade unions have called on the federal government to lift the travel restriction, arguing it discriminates against Chinese people based on their passport.“

It’s time these unions were dismantled and new representation for Australians were established.

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard anything which has forced me to completely review my faith in Australia as this quote.

If you don’t think that there is a coordinated, collusive and clandestine movement to dismantle the sovereignty of Australia and the rest of the world’s countries then you’re either a very slow study or just plain fucking stupid.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:02am

"Indo just reported its first two cases of Coronavirus.

G Land to yourself !"

100% it will affects tourism in Bali and could even affect higher end surf resorts and even charter boat bookings especially surfers with family's or cashed up and a bit more fussy surfers..

But IMHO it will have little affect on the more roots style end thing, single travellers or more budget end of things think Nias, Lakey peak style etc

Those that will cancel will be filled up by guys either thinking it's going to uncrowded because of it or the cheap flights.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:05am

No chance.

I go to Bali when Agung is erupting and the place is like a ghost town. December a couple of years ago and it got old school dodgy eating at restaurants because they weren’t turning over food due to no customers.

No people = no food selling = no buying fresh produce = tidak bagus. Sakit besar.

This will be the same . Only times ten.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:18am

To be honest, it’s probably just as much the Australian unions and the ALP being utterly beholden and corrupted by China as much as the neoliberal/ globalisation push behind this treasonous behaviour.

The Victorian Labor party is THE voice of China. It doesn’t even pretend to act in the interests of Victorians anymore. Manchurian Dan needs to take the long drop with a neck bungy to set an example.

I’d like to hear an attempted justification from the unions as to why they are supporting the rights of temporary foreigner labour over the Australian workers they are given a voice to represent. The Unions only have a platform because they are the spokespeople for Australian workers .....now that they’ve abandoned that who are they actually speaking for ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:28am

100% for Bali, Bali is going to get hit real hard but Bali is different to other areas of Indo, it's tourism is really driven by non surfers, surfers are just the icing on top.

But other areas of Indo are driven mostly by surfers and surfers think differently and take different risk than the average person.

Will be interesting to see the affect, but I'm not expecting uncrowded waves, but i am hoping that upper market gets hit, crossing fingers some charter boats etc go bankrupt.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:36am

Did the Bali bomb stop surfers from travelling to Nias .....yes.

I’m a surfer and I left Indonesia and Coronavirus contributed to that decision.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:37am

Dunno if I'm indicative, but I'm watching it closely.

If the Woz pulls out of Plengkung then I'm in.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:48am

Can you even imagine being seriously sick at G Land ?

I got the Bluff lurgy one year and was too crook to drive into town. Luckily I was camped next to the water so I just rolled down the dune into the shore break to spew and shit uncontrollably. Can’t even imagine what it would have been like having to use the drop shitters.

Worst three days of my life.

I honestly don’t think that people who haven’t been vulnerable in a remote area can understand just how important the support networks of suburban communities can be. I would have thought that you’d have gotten an insight , Stu ?

Good luck getting the air rescue to come get you at G Land when you tell them you’re contagious.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:50am

TBH, right now I'm only thinking about empty Speedies.

Some measure of reality might seep in later on when I mention it to my wife.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 8:55am

You have to think of your family.

I honestly believe that I’d withstand the virus myself ( touch wood ) but I’ve got elderly and infirm people around me who might not . That’s what went through my mind anyway.

The risk / reward ratio is a bit out.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 10:07am

Thanks VJ, I don't think I'll ever lose that sense for adventure. And if you need any tips re backcountry skiing, camping etc, hit me up.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 12:27pm

Greece is being invaded.

No other way to put it. Will they secure their borders - as they should- or will they be overrun ? A precedent is being set. The outcome is VERY important for the future of Australia.

What would we do if hundreds of thousands- millions- of military aged males rushed our borders ?

I know what I’d do. What would your reaction be ?

channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 12:23pm

Well, first I would marvel at the amount of, and size of, boats needed to transport hundreds of thousands or millions.

Then I would wonder how they will survive the fairly inhospitable places those boats would normally land.

Is this a trick question?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 12:40pm

No.

Why would it be a trick question ?

And why do you assume the boats will land in remote and inhospitable places ? The invaders are transported by “ NGOs” which are paid for by those who want to see a border less world and are more than happy to destroy your society to indulge their wishes.

How do you think the million invaders reached Europe in 2016 and how they are currently reaching Greece ?

https://twitter.com/john_wayne_gr/status/1233924783231971329

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1234430525563011073

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 12:53pm

A bit alarmist there Blowin?? A really shitty situation over that side of the world yes, but "hundreds of thousands - millions of military aged males" - not really!!!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 12:54pm

"“ NGOs” which are paid for by those who want to see a border less world"

Nah.

The NGO's are trying to get people out of harm's way as the likelihood of conflict increases.

I'm with Channel-Bottom: the premise is OTT.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:02pm

The NGOs are actively trafficking people.

George Soros is a major contributor to these people trafficking organisations.

And what do you mean “getting them out of harms way “ ? These aren’t refugees. Only the most diehard globalist media is even bothering to paint them as such. They are euphemistically referred to as migrants but they are not migrants. Migrants are welcome and invited.

These are invaders. Nothing less.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:11pm

"what do you mean “getting them out of harms way “ 

As Turkey escalates war against Syria, is what I mean. Yesterday they openly declared war on al-Assad and the area is further destabilised. 

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:20pm

I don’t get it.

The poms didn’t act anywhere near as aggressively as these fuckers and 250 years later we are still weepy over the “ truth telling “ and are never allowed wash the stain of invasion from our collective consciousness , yet here is an actual invasion unfolding before our eyes and it’s a shrug of shoulders all round .

Look where shrugging shoulders got the First Nations.

Seriously....why do we even have a defence force anymore ? Our nation - all Western nations - have been conditioned into getting cucked out of our countries. Weak as piss.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm

It's not an invasion. They're fleeing a civil war in their own country.

If there was no war, there'd be no movement of refugees.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:32pm

Bullshit.

Look at those people. They should be defending their country not invading someone else’s.

Can you imagine every military aged male in Australia moving enmass to another country if we were threatened ? No....cause it wouldn’t happen. And it’s not happening there either. Those people are country shoppers from all over who got stuck at the Turkish border trying to get into the Western civilisations of Europe and now Turkey has been slighted and so they’re allowed to invade at Will in an act of political spite and revenge.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:35pm

"You have to think of your family."

Blowin, few posts above talking about coronavirus.

Well what about the Syrians watching their country being torn apart, countrymen killed in droves, as they look at their loved ones and wonder what they're gonna do?

Get the fuck out any way you can.

Sure, the usual media suspects will attempt to convince you it's all aggressive youth, and they'll try to back that up with footage of said young men throwing rocks - caged animals lashing out. Dont be fooled, it's a demographic mix and includes families, young kids and women, who you think people should protect.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:38pm

"Look at those people. They should be defending their country not invading someone else’s."

Really...? You've experienced war and can vouch for how you'd act?

You understand all the intracacies and contradictions of the Syrian War and would tell people who they should lay down their life for.

C'mon...

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:49pm

You've obviously never suffered gastro at the Bluff, Stunet.

Brutal.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 1:57pm

I reckon it’s you being fooled into thinking it’s a demographic mix.

“Caged animals lashing out “. .....where does this tripe come from ?

Take another look . It’s waves of young men who think that numbers gives them strength to overrun Greece’s sovereignty.

Fucked if I know what the solution is. I don’t think I could find it in my heart to stand on the border and shoot them myself , so I couldn’t really ask anyone else to do it. At least the Japanese and the Germans had the integrity to come bearing weapons so you knew where you stood.

After the utter betrayal by the Victorian Unions this morning I’m just not in the mood to tolerate the loss of our country through the subterfuge and corruption. And when I see another nation being overwhelmed against its wishes it hits hard.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 2:01pm

There's over three million Syrian refugees in Turkey, all who began fleeing for safety when the war started, now that Erdogan has relinquished his deal and escalated the war, they again seek safety.

To think that they're all young men....hell to even think young men are over-represented in the mix, is just a nonsense.

I know you're invested in the idea of non-porous borders, but people have escaped fighting to protect their families since time immemorial, there is nothing unique about this.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 2:05pm

Where do you get the idea that it’s nonsense that young men aren’t over represented ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 2:06pm

Because of images from the camps over the years.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 2:11pm

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but every photo of a migrant wave displayed by a globalist media organisation MUST include a baby. They never show the vast majority which constitute military aged males.

It’s called editorial narration through omission.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 2:12pm

Sigh....

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 2:14pm

Guffaw.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 2:21pm

Look at these Syrians ! Very dark skinned those Syrians !

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/feb/29/refugees-arrive-lesb...

PS Check the actual demographic as the “ migrants “ surge towards the border. Not quite the same as stage managed family arriving on the shore .

And for a bit of context on how managed the theatrics are....these jet black “ Syrians “ have just been ferried in the duck from the large boat anchored just offshore ....cue distress. And ....take 4 Action !

https://mobile.twitter.com/V8POW/status/1233859406242205697

channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 2:53pm

Ever met a refugee Blowin?

dewhurst's picture
dewhurst's picture
dewhurst Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 3:10pm

@Blow-in,

Im half-Dutch, my grandparents escaped the fighting of WW2.

Wondering if, had you been around, you'd have shot them yourself or got someone else to do it?

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 3:10pm

Blowin you began a post above stating that ‘you don’t get it’...
It’s the only comment of yours amongst all this that actually makes sense! ;)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 3:20pm

I’ve got nothing but sympathy for refugees.....but these aren’t refugees.

channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 3:44pm

How do you define 'refugee'?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 3:48pm

I don’t class thousands of entitled and violent military age males in open conflict with Greek border guards as refugees if that’s what you’re asking.

channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 4:03pm

Good way to not answer a question. That's not what I was asking.

How do you define 'refugee'? And have you ever met a refugee?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 4:08pm

What description would you apply to a massed group of violent and entitled military aged males who are demanding to be let into Greece and who engage in open conflict with border guards to gain access ?

That’s the discussion. Not some Anne Frank bullshit.

channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 4:19pm

I'll take that as no, you've never met a refugee and that providing a definition of one might make you contradict yourself.

Thoughts on ant parallels between the current Syrian refugee situation and those from the Pol Pot/Khmer Rouge era?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 4:21pm

You know, you've got a curiously subjective lens on the issue. When I mention news articles, you say they're curated and skewed, but when you mention them or show images, that rule somehow doesn't apply to you.

For years the Turkish refugee camps have been full of all manner of people: old, young, men, women - a displaced society. Now that their safety in the camps is no longer assured, I can't grasp why you think it'd only be young men who'd mobilise towards safety.

To side-step any prejudice I just typed 'Turkish, refugees' into Google, hit 'images' and started scrolling, checking shots from news sites of all stripes, and sorry to say, but there are many women and children. Sure, in some pics, young men massed around the head of the queue where the barbed wire is. I expect that'd be the case in any queue the world over.

But to look through all those shots and say they're all young men is an out and out lie. They show many women and children who can only be classified as refugees.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 4:31pm

Another Blowin blowup.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 5:04pm

Perhaps my subjective view is skewed from when I did a fair bit of work at the Port Hedland detention centre and got to meet the “ refugees “ up close and personal.

Who were being treated with respect , civility and welcome from every Australian around them , they then pre- planned a riot and set aside stuff to use as weapons on the big day. Including breaking up a concrete footpath which they transported via human chain to the roof when the riot started.

They then attacked the same guards who’d been friendly and indulgent with them during their time there. The concrete was thrown with maximum force straight down on the guards and fucked one of them up really badly when it hit him in the head. He would have been murdered if the other guards hadn’t been brave enough to risk themselves rescuing him. There is nothing in this world would justify the way those animals behaved.

Yeah , I’ve met some “ refugees “ .....fuck those violent thuggish cunts. They don’t deserve a place in our civilisation. And that’s what I’m seeing in Greece not the Anne Frank fantasy youre swallowing .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 4:48pm

We're all Reffos Now...
Today @ tbb's Local GP has Corona Surfluenza Judges Tent in the [Grotty Car Park]
Corona Isolation Booth comes with Coveralls / Gloves / Mask & Lotto Barrel.
Nothing Scary! 100 Alerts > Keep Away > Back Off Now > Detour > Isolation Unit!

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 7:28pm

Alan Jones! Now there's a queer bird.

Hysterical. Flamboyant. Relentless. All day, every day; a one-man articulated outrage machine.

His fans love him.

They also turn a blind eye to the fact that he's, sexually, the biggest closet dweller in Australian public life.

Or they don't know or care. Does it matter?

Then again, why does Alan himself participate in this clownish charade?
Wouldn't he be happier letting it all hang out?

And is his constant and relentless rage connected to this farcical closeted performance?

Come out, Alan, and bask in the sunshine!

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 7:30pm

Oh, and I'm guessing that being in the closet as a bonafide bigot on here would fuel much the same relentless, day in, day out, ultimately impotent, outrage, yes?

At least Alan gets paid, I suppose.

Don't worry, be happy!

Let it all hang out!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020 at 7:38pm
Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 4 Mar 2020 at 5:11am

“Meanwhile , in a parallel universe, $8 billion worth of cutting edge innovation and R&D is being done in Australian universities that are key to high end manufacturing and a new tech jobs market paid for by investment from a sovereign wealth fund and minerals resources rent tax that has plowed 20 years of revenue back into Australian youth. Australia, with a sustainable population of 23 million, has very little exposure to nasty bugs arising from overseas as it has limited overseas student placements to < 10% of the student body and has gone the way of Oxford by targeting only the best and brightest. Because labour is scarce jobs in the hospitality industry are well paid. High Rise Harry's flammable dog-box factory has just filed for bankruptcy and university VCs are seeking a salary increase to bring them into line with UK and USA institutions.“