Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:09pm

Well, apparently 46% of Australians want immigration reduced.

Then subtract those that will be swayed by a massive propaganda campaign against, and then subtract those that will choose the carrots dangled in favour of the status quo during the election campaign.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:18pm

Stu .....you want some ?

I was thinking of getting you some but then realised that perhaps buying durries for someone isn’t as generous a gift as it first appears .

There’s still time.

Yes / No ?

PS Thanks again , legend. It was brief but it was intense. Very good times.

The dream lives on....

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:17pm

Oh go on why not...your only allowed 1 pack

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:21pm

1 pack or 1 carton ?

Fuck , I imagine running into Stu’s lady and kids and being introduced as The bloke who supplies the coffin nails .

PS Udo....like your new signature !

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:24pm

1 pack of 25
+1 opened pack -24...cos you opened and tossed one coffin nail away.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:30pm

Nah, carton.

Could buy them here but freshies are better as imported ones plod through customs, sit on the dock or whatever, and the syrup in the butt is no longer there for the head spin.

Know what I mean?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:40pm

I pegged you for a connoisseur when you were inhaling the equivalent of 50 simultaneous gudangs in the smoking area at Jacky airport.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:43pm

grab a carton Blowin, pretty please and I'll bum a pack off Stu later.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:45pm

Get ready for The Duty $ hit on bringing in a carton

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 8:47pm

No problem. I'll make the money back by the mark up I put on Steve's pack.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 9:18pm

Common boys grow the fck up and fck the nails off

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 9:06pm

Not fond of a little toot, I Focus?

Late night fire when the kids have gone to bed, power couples have power-walked home, the pressure dropping in their wake, and the dance of the flames requires closer scrutiny?

Keep it intermittent. Special.

It's possible to keep the same currency with kretek.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 11:27pm

Stu when I was young I was wild and a risk taker, who wasn't in the 70's, ..........enough said, but now you guys are no longer boys once past 30 get your act together or else you have failed to start maturing as a male.

You have young kids your job is to turn up for the rest of their lives smoking ciggs wont get you there no matter how infrequent.

Its my role as an old man to exert influence (yeah I know you're thinking get fcked)

Move on IMHO.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 9:39pm

Boys ....I’m already at the airport . There are Gudang Garam before you enter check in but they only have the filter type ....is that the same thing ?

Would duty free have the kreteks ?

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 9:45pm

Yes they're still kretek cigarettes.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 9:50pm

Cool.....Gudang Garam it is then.

What’s the go with buying durries at the airport. Would duty free be cheaper ?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 10:04pm

Allowed 25 cigs on entry -then approx 93 cents per cig stick Duty to be payed

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 19 Dec 2019 at 11:01pm

Sorted.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Dec 2019 at 11:13am

The Shaka is officially dead

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 Dec 2019 at 1:04pm

that's only half of the picture

It seems scotty from marketing's team from marketing is dealing with a little runaway...

https://m.facebook.com/alpspicymemes/photos/a.739253809510858/2116506788..."708396762596563"%3A%7B"page_id"%3A708396762596563%2C"actor_id"%3A100000524431525%2C"attached_story"%3A%7B"page_id"%3A708396762596563%2C"actor_id"%3A708396762596563%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isShare"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"psn"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"post_context"%3A%7B"object_fbtype"%3A266%2C"publish_time"%3A1576746628%2C"story_name"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"story_fbid"%3A%5B2116506848452207%5D%7D%2C"role"%3A1%2C"sl"%3A4%7D%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isShare"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"psn"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"role"%3A1%2C"sl"%3A4%2C"targets"%3A%5B%7B"actor_id"%3A100000524431525%2C"page_id"%3A708396762596563%2C"post_id"%3A2116506848452207%2C"role"%3A1%2C"share_id"%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D%3Athid.100000524431525%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1577865599%3A-6100689011898433427&__tn__=EHH-R

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 Dec 2019 at 1:13pm

speaking of the scourge that is contemporary PR...

interesting use of words in his..... err cough cough ...apology...

like many before him, he managed to apologise and keep the train a rolling on, wiithout actually saying sorry or admitting any fault at all

very contemporary

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 20 Dec 2019 at 2:21pm

Oh yeah, he's sorry if some people out there - presumably left-wing snowflakes - took offence at his actions.

That's what passes for an apology these days.

Old Scotty is a wolf in sheep's clothing alright.

Least with Spud Dutton you know what you'll get; he'll tell you Pacific Islanders deserve their islands to go underwater even when microphones are running, but Scotty from Marketing is savvy enough to keep his heartless views off the air and let people swallow his daggy Dad schtick.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 7:39am

“.....That's what passes for an apology these days....”

.... typical fucking god bothering hypocrite, do the wrong thing, no worries, just say sorry and all is forgiven. Too bad Scotty those bullshit God rules about repentance with an act of contrition aren’t working

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 8:00am

"Oh yeah, he's sorry if some people out there - presumably left-wing snowflakes - took offence at his actions."

This sums it up, just a politician going through the motions, shouldn't have to apologise for anything, but smarter to do so.

Obviously people just look for any shit to bring politicians down they don't like, id be doing the same if it was Shorten and he was PM.

Anyway as long as you guys are whinging here, Australia is in safe hands, the day you guys stop whinging is the day i start worrying.

BTW. I cant see how that photo could be seen as a negative in anyway i doubt his media team would see it as a negative, only shows how down to earth he is, pretty cool pic if it's real...i would have expected the left thinking it was staged.

If it's true the women in photo said.

“Not in my wildest dream did I ever imagine I would have the opportunity to share a few bevvies and chat about many things with the Prime Minister of Australia,” the woman who posted it said in the caption.

“Contrary to belief, he’s actually a bit of a legend.”

She added the hashtags #wherethebloodyhellareya and #itsonscomostab.

News.com.au has asked the Prime Minister’s office if the photo was of Mr Morrison in Hawaii. His office is yet to confirm or deny the photo is from his holiday."

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/photo-emerges-of-scott-morriso...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 10:00am

I think you are missing the point indod, it's not about the photo being negative, or morrison being 'down to earth'.

it's about the lies and deciet his team has spun because he fucked up.

a litany of fuck ups actually. and his PR team just keeps digging a deeper hole of deciet trying to cover his arse.

If you make a bad call you own it, you don't apologise for 'offending' anyone, that's not admission of a fuck up. that's deflection and deciet.

especially when you've said this...

"She’s clearly made a bad judgment call. That happens to people from time to time, but this was a very serious issue.
I think there are very serious concerns in the community about exercising judgment, and it’s incumbent on all of us in public life to make decisions following that in the best interests of the ongoing nature of the program."

bad judgement call scotty, that's what you did - a string of them actually - own it!

but he can't because it's all a charade, he still doesn't believe there to be an issue, both from him or god...

supposesly not being able to get a flight back from hawaii for a few days - when you are the PM of oz! - just adds insult to injury

the man has behaved as a fuckwit, so a fuckwit he is...

it's quite a torrent of tales he's spun to cover his false concerns arse

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/21/scott-morrison-ha...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 10:47am

Given the continual secrecy of the trip I wonder whether Scotty from Marketing met up with Brian Houston for some secret one on one spiritual healing. You know the Brian, infamous for heading up Hillsong Scotty’s Church and failing to alert police about his father who was accused abusing 9 boys.

My sin was done in secret

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 11:24am

ID, "Australia is in safe hands" you are kidding right? unprecedented heat wave and plus 600 houses burnt to the ground with fires ongoing surrounding major cities.

That's before you get to exhausted fire crews choking of ash and smoke day after day week after week and the PM takes a secret holiday, same bloke that attacked a police commissioner for dinning out for dinner.

The optics are a train wreck it will be interesting to see if there is a pivot on climate to save his neck?

Have the federal government given any other support other than $11 mil?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 11:24am

The bad judgement call IMHO was not that he was doing anything wrong in taking a holiday at the end of the year with his family, as logically he has done as much with the fires as he could do, they have been burning for weeks to months his physical location is kind of irrelevant at this point, after all it's 2019 im sure as much as the wanted a holiday his phone sand PC would have been still running hot, he still would have had his PM hat on.

The bad judgement call was more so how he didn't consider how it would be used against him which should have been quite obvious because that's what happens in politics, the opposition and supporters or media and just general public are always going to try to bring you down, no matter who you are or what side of politics, so ideally you give them as less chance to do so as possible.

The aspect i find most surprising is that he didn't see this coming or that he doesn't have advisers who think two steps ahead and pointed out what would happen.

IMHO he did do the right thing making an apology, even if you know you haven't done anything wrong you need to play the game started, coming back and telling it how it is, is only going to play into the hands of media and opposition and drag it out further, give your apology and shut it down as quickly as possible and just learn from it for the future.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 11:30am

I think Blowin summed it well if he was handing out Olympic gold medals would he have still gone on hols?

Leadership is turning up at the worst of times Scotty has failed and that belays the fake baseball wearing hypocrite that he is IMHO.

I have no issue with him taking time off but the sneaky secret bit is a strong indicator some one was thinking it wasn't a great look.

And if the roles were reversed?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 11:48am

Handing out gold metals is a silly metaphor, because he wouldn't have gone on holidays if he had any type of planned event to attend.

If he had stayed in OZ instead of going on holiday for the last week or so, we would all be non the wiser, because there probably wouldn't have been any news about him.

I dont know if the baseball cap thing is really him or manufactured, but IMHO the whole imagine he portrays has and is working for him, he is kind of this daggy middle aged dad thing with a bit of an Aussie edge, that recent pic just helps build on that image, but you also know when needed he can also put on the PM hat and a suit etc.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 11:39am

So ID, Scotty did nothing wrong apart from mishandling the politics?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 1:19pm

I think you can argue he technically did nothing wrong, politicians are entitled to a holiday...

his real error has been in him letting his true ideology show on this issue, which is the real political fuck up

...scotty is usually much more 'professional' than that...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 2:22pm

In terms of natural disasters or war or pandemics, there's equally nothing a Prime Minister can do to mitigate the death or suffering, but what they do is offer solace and wise counsel. They comfort their people. They lead.

There was a line of thinking that Scotty from Marketing got into office by Bradbury'ing his way to the top - that it was all accidental bumbling and he's operating far above his pay grade. At the time I didn't buy into it, but now I'm not so sure.

He doesn't seem to understand what the job of leading entails.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 3:05pm

"There was a line of thinking that Scotty from Marketing got into office by Bradbury'ing his way to the top - that it was all accidental bumbling and he's operating far above his pay grade. At the time I didn't buy into it, but now I'm not so sure.

He doesn't seem to understand what the job of leading entails."

that's exactly what happened, literally the last man standing, well besides dutton, so yeh, literally the last man standing...

he's just misjudged the whole situation, starting right back when he snubbed the meeting with the firies. at every opportunity he's been dismissive, with blatant disregard for the potential seriousness of the situation. poor judgement all the way, even now as he patiently waits, earnestly, for his jetstar flight home from hawaii

....in god's hands...

he's no daggy dad, he's a fucken drongo

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 3:05pm

Meanwhile, thirty Canadian firefighters will beat Scotty to Australian soil.

Wonder if they're volunteers who put their hand up for the twenty hour flight and dangerous work because they "want to be here"?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 3:13pm

Is everyone aware that the government actually told the media not to report on the fact that Scomo was going on holidays ?

That’s right. It wasn’t in hindsight that they thought it was a bad idea and a really bad look , they knew beforehand and tried to hobble the media.

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/pm-s-vacation-leaves-egg-on-minders...

Scomo - Does not give a fuck about Australia or his role as its supposed leader.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 3:35pm

Proudly compromising Australia’s national security and sovereignty in order to maintain his one seat majority ie will do literally anything to keep his job.

There is no better illustration of the contempt which he holds for the role of Prime Minister of Australia

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 3:44pm

"seano888: And now for this clown. This is of course @scottmorrisonmp throwing a lame shaka here at Turtle Bay Resort this week. You know of course that in the same week Australia experienced its three hottest days on record and the country burned and firefighters died, the Prime Minister took a Hawaiian family holiday. What you mightn’t know though is that he was originally due to take his family holiday in January but changed his schedule. He’s now going to India in January instead. What for, you ask? To sell coal. He’s taking Mark Vaile with him, the Chair of Whitehaven Coal who of course also happens to be a former Federal Minister. Who’d believe it? So Smoko has chosen to leave Australia while it burns so he can sell more coal to make it burn some more. How good is the End of Days!"

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 3:53pm

"Michael McCormack says Australia needs to do more on climate change." - SMH

Mic drop....

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 5:01pm

"Michael McCormack says Australia needs to do more on climate change." - SMH ...... by selling the world more of Australia’s good clean coal???

Statler's picture
Statler's picture
Statler Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 9:39pm

Solid Gold Guy

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 11:22pm

Given the current weather / fire conditions are a dry run (no pun intended) for whats coming in the future where is the reviews / planning being formed?

To busy trying to screw over unions (nurses / firefighters oh the irony) while corporations / banks run rampant.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Sunday, 22 Dec 2019 at 5:34am

I sometimes despair at NZ politics, but your honourable representatives leave ours in the dust.
Scomo is obviously retarded, but surely these guys have aides and minders and advisers that can tell them not to be that dumb?

Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups Sunday, 22 Dec 2019 at 5:44am

Mind you Island Bay, the current Australian Prime Minister is a dead set genius when compared to the lunatic they have running the United States.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 22 Dec 2019 at 7:06am
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 22 Dec 2019 at 12:30pm

Q. What’s the difference between the member for Cook and Captain Cook?
A. Only one really regrets going to Hawaii

.... not mine, I’m not witty enough although it’s taken me 3 attempts to post it so it makes any sense FFS !

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 22 Dec 2019 at 12:37pm

The caption above says he greeted the firefighters. No he didn't!
I just happened to be watching the abc news and they crossed live. Scomos handlers said this way and the cameras kept filming as we were taken for a long walk up and down and around and around the halls of the RFS hq until he walks down to the front of the room full of people, sits on the desk of someone at the front, gets his photo taken (the one above) then gets up and walks straight back out of the room. He never addressed anyone in that room! It was nothing more than a bloody prime marketer gimmick!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 22 Dec 2019 at 12:54pm

Gee's it must be true because it was on the internet.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 22 Dec 2019 at 1:29pm

Scotty from Marketing