Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 3:32pm
GuySmiley wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

BTW. With many of these social justice type organisations they also chase government funding and grants that can be very good money.

Big call info, can you list say 3 you have in mind and explain why they are gaming the system

... and there you have it, from chirping to crickets from info, a legend in his own lunchbox.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 3:45pm

Talking sense. Anyone who has been vaccinated and still harbours animosity towards the unvaccinated has issues unrelated to Covid that they need to work through themselves. If you are vaccinated then the claim that you have anything to fear from the unvaccinated means you have no faith in the vaccination and therefore any intent to enforce others to vaccinate is beyond bizarre.

The Treasurer of NSW has sided with the brave protesters who are standing up against vaccine mandates and their private industry proxies. Well done and proper leadership. Dog whistling to those who would divide our society should be routed at every instance.

From the SMH

Treasurer says NSW should ‘open up to everyone’, not just vaccinated
By Daniella White

NSW Treasurer Dominic Perrottet says the unvaccinated should enjoy the same freedoms as the rest of society once everyone has had the chance to be inoculated.

He said he didn’t want to see a “two-tiered society” and restrictions on the unvaccinated shouldn’t be in place indefinitely.

“We’ll shortly announce what occurs at 80 per cent [full vaccination coverage for people aged 16 and over] but ultimately my view is ... once every single person in this state has had the opportunity to be vaccinated with two doses we should open up to everyone,” he said on 2GB

“I want to see more unity. The vaccination rate in NSW has been the key to unlocking freedom.

“It’s not the government’s role to provide freedom. People born in this country by default are free.”

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 3:40pm

False flags and Avi love letters?
FFS you blokes are just deadset embarrassing yourselves.
Nurses in Melbourne have been told to change out of their scrubs before going out onto the street because your mob attacked and abused them yesterday. I know who the heroes are here, and it's not the violent moronic men pissing on the Shrine and kicking dogs.
Pretty much every single person in Melbourne is happy this idiotic mob is running out of steam. You two are still cheering them on.
Give it up nutters, it's over. The rabble have lost.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 4:04pm

Its getting wild out there

Exhausted ICU Nurse Immediately Joins The CFMEU After Seeing Them Punch On With Anti-Vaxxers

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/icu-nurse-768...

LIFELONG LOYALTY: Victoria has today recorded another 567 new community cases in greater Melbourne, bumping the number of active cases in the state to 5,675.

There are 209 Victorians in hospital, 59 of those are in intensive care and 40 are on a ventilator. Of those in hospital, 86 per cent are not vaccinated and 12 per cent were partially vaccinated.

With these statistics, it is now undeniable that the selfishness of anti-vaxxer conspiracists is directly responsible for the overwhelmed healthcare system.

Frontline workers around the country say they are growing tired of putting their lives at risk to help treat people who end up in ICU beds as a result of the dangerous misinformation that undermines every effort to control this virus.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/overwhelmed-icu-nurse-imme...

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 4:25pm

Hey Indo, taxpayer susidies to the fossil fuel industry topped $10.3 billion in '20-'21. That's $19,686 a minute, every minute for the year. Just sayin'.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 4:54pm
adam12 wrote:

Hey Indo, taxpayer grants to the fossil fuel industry topped $10.3 billion in '20-'21. Just sayin'.

Chalk and cheese

Im talking organisations that start up with the purpose of chasing grants etc and just trying to create jobs out of thin air for little real purpose, if you are on facebook and commented on one or two of these types of sponsored post (basically adverts) you would know your feed is soon flooded with all kinds of irrelevant organisations in the form of sponsored post.

Fossil fuel companies are established business that provide something important to society and create jobs, pay billions in royalties plus company and payroll tax etc.

BTW. Generally not grants as such, subsidies and reimbursements, a big bulk made up of the diesel excise rebates over 30c for every litre, i understand they get a refund because they aren't using their vehicles or all kinds of machinery on public made roads..

Its like when i lived at Fraser Island as long as i only drove on the island i paid virtually no rego because i wasn't using any proper roads with my vehicle.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 4:47pm
GuySmiley wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

BTW. With many of these social justice type organisations they also chase government funding and grants that can be very good money.

Big call info, can you list say 3 you have in mind and explain why they are gaming the system

... and there you have it, from chirping to crickets from info, a legend in his own lunchbox.

You never answered my question so why should i answer yours?

indo-dreaming wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

Info says “ .... Where are all these organisations on the right trying to grift money without providing a service? ...”

FS info what parallel universe do live in?

You’re piss-taking Shirley?

If I had false teeth reading that would have launched them across the room.

FFS get a grip on reality

So where are they?
.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 4:57pm

You’re the one making the big calls info, you stale bucket of piss as always full of facts free shit, FO you’re wasting my time

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 5:05pm

Its not a big call to suggest organisations go chasing grants.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 6:42pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Its not a big call to suggest organisations go chasing grants.

True Indo Dreaming but it's a very brave call you wanting to discuss grants given your mates in the LNP are world champions at handing out dodgy grants to their mates and to organisations in marginal seats to win elections.
Do you really want to die on that hill Indo?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 24 Sep 2021 at 11:04pm

Did some one say handing out money?

$26 Bil to profitable company's a lot straight out of the country now there's a hand out.

No discloser about which company's apparently you don't need to know.

BTW the Coalition are always better are managing your money...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 1:47am

NSW treasurer and Premier saying there will be no discrimination between vaccinated and unvaccinated. Meanwhile in Victoria, those who protest to demand the same are violently attacked like …..like I don’t know what?

If you treated an animal like this you’d go to prison. If people were treated like this in America there would be international outrage . It’s just another day under Dictator Dan. I can’t believe this is Australia. Watch the coppers foreground and background. This is sanctioned by every level of the Victorian government.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 8:12am

Wow blowin, Posting absolute crap at 1.47am. Normal people are asleep at that hour, but you're not normal blowin. You're just one of those all-night angry men furiously tapping away at the keyboard in the wee hours of the morning.
And what did you post? Pure BS about NSW not discriminating against the un-vaccinated. They are bringing in a vaccine passport you stupid man. There's also mandatory vaccinations for specific industries in NSW.
And then you start bitching about police violence. Where were you when hundreds of indigenous Australians died due to police violence? Oh that's right nowhere. But when one of your fellow travellers gets roughed up (and I don't condone police violence) you suddenly get upset.
Black people getting beaten up and killed by cops? No problems, White idiots? It's a disgrace. But you're not racist are you blowin.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 8:49am
Vic Local wrote:

And then you start bitching about police violence. Where were you when hundreds of indigenous Australians died due to police violence? Oh that's right nowhere. But when one of your fellow travellers gets roughed up (and I don't condone police violence) you suddenly get upset.
Black people getting beaten up and killed by cops? No problems, White idiots? It's a disgrace. But you're not racist are you blowin.

This is completely false information, you are just down right lying and spreading disinformation that suits your preferred narrative..

I can only assume you are talking about deaths in custody as we all should know by now because its been discussed before and links and stats been provided many time ,the indigenous death rate is slightly lower than non indigenous based on numbers of people in custody per 100 people, even a royal commission into aboriginal deaths in custody found this, and the trend has continued and actually become more clear in the last 20 years.

And deaths in custody as a result of police violence is almost unheard of and sure don't number in the hundreds dont know the exact number but id expect it would be more likely to be counted on one hand, chances of being killed by an fellow inmate are much much higher but still rare, deaths in custody are almost always a result of natural and medical related deaths or suicides, however the rate of suicide has been dramatically decreased due to removal of all hanging points and surveillance cameras, deaths in custody can also include other things for instance if police chase a car and the car crashes and people inside die, it's listed as a death in custody.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 8:49am

Seriously Indo Dreaming, your post is so offensive and embarrassing you should be ashamed of yourself.
Excusing policy for indigenous deaths in custody because of underlying health conditions or suicide is an absolute disgrace.
https://nit.com.au/coronial-inquest-into-2019-death-in-custody-resumes-i...
A very large police officer putting a knee on a mentally ill women until she passed and later died is not due to underlying medical issues. This is not an isolated case.
Neglecting indigenous people in police custody until they die is commonplace.
Get in the bin you absolute racist dog.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:11am

It's not offensive its FACT the racist is you, trying to make everything about race, people like you are now a huge problem, you spread lies and disinformation that causes division and unneeded resentment.

BTW. The article you point to seems to still be under investigation so you are jumping to conclustions and from your article

“People who exert themselves to extremes, even in the absence of restraint, and are under the influence of methyl-amphetamine, may simply fall dead,” Professor Joyce said.

Anyway here is the official stats one again.

And a recent article written by an Aboriginal person, one of colour too on the issue.
https://www.news.com.au/national/courts-law/its-time-australia-told-the-...

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:25am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Its not a big call to suggest organisations go chasing grants.

can you post a link to where you got this info from?

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:28am

VLocal - You are now going way to far with your comments . Pull your head in please .

"Black people getting beaten up and killed by cops? No problems, White idiots? It's a disgrace. But you're not racist are you blowin."
"A very large police officer putting a knee on a mentally ill women until she passed and later died is not due to underlying medical issues. This is not an isolated case."

The guy slammed by the police officer was not black and could have died .

You are getting hysterical in your most recent posts . In a few years when you reflect back you should be proud of what you write today . Not ashamed !

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:32am

Gentlemen - suggest we all take a chill pill and enjoy the Dees winning the GF. BTW Believe it or not, indigenous and non-indigenous people are actually playing together tonight or watching/supporting together without giving skin colour a second thought.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:50am
D-Rex wrote:

Gentlemen - suggest we all take a chill pill and enjoy the Dees winning the GF. BTW Believe it or not, indigenous and non-indigenous people are actually playing together tonight or watching/supporting together without giving skin colour a second thought.

Ah yes, in that bastion of harmonious race relations, the AFL.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:51am

Thanks Indo - appreciate the graph and will investigate site it is from . The author of the article will also be investigated further . She seems a brave and intelligent women who has had a wonderful father as a role model .

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:54am
indo-reallydreaming][quote=adam12 wrote:

Hey Indo, taxpayer grants to the fossil fuel industry topped $10.3 billion in '20-'21. Just sayin'.

Chalk and cheese
Im talking organisations that start up with the purpose of chasing grants etc and just trying to create jobs out of thin air for little real purpose, if you are on facebook and commented on one or two of these types of sponsored post (basically adverts) you would know your feed is soon flooded with all kinds of irrelevant organisations in the form of sponsored post.

Fossil fuel companies are established business that provide something important to society and create jobs, pay billions in royalties plus company and payroll tax etc.

Indo , the fossil fuel lobby is abut one thing and one thing only ,continuing to make massive profit at any cost by lobbying Governments for Fracking /seismic testing in our fishing grounds and granting anything they want to mine oil and Gas...

.they have become a law unto themselves and have both Govts Lab/Lib do their bidding.....the reason we have such a strong anti-climate change deniers is that the Fossil fuel industry/lobby has paid so much money to them......so they can rape and pillage at will!!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:54am
brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Its not a big call to suggest organisations go chasing grants.

can you post a link to where you got this info from?

Who said i read it online?..

As we all know money is a huge motivator, its naive to think that all these new social justice or whatever organisations that are shrining up everywhere are not chasing $$$ from grants and funding.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 9:57am

D-rex
I'm happy to call out police violence no matter when it happens or who ends up on the receiving end. ID denies it's much of a problem with indigenous people and blowin only gets upset when his fellow anti-lockdown travellers get beaten up.
Their arguments are farcical, and given their history, it's really hard to see how racism doesn't play a role in their attitudes.
Sorry D-Rex, but it's a Doggies day too. If the Dees do get up, I'm happy for you though.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:00am
Hutchy 19 wrote:

Thanks Indo - appreciate the graph and will investigate site it is from . The author of the article will also be investigated further . She seems a brave and intelligent women who has had a wonderful father as a role model .

He not she's name is Anthony Dillion a very wise indigenous man, perhaps his view are conservative in nature but he is not involved in politics in anyway, he works for the Australian Catholic University but is not religious.

Bio https://www.acu.edu.au/research/our-research-institutes/institute-for-po...

Do a search on YouTube plenty of great interviews with him.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:11am

“….. it's really hard to see how racism doesn't play a role in their attitudes.”

Maybe take off the racist coloured glasses which cause you to see racism in everything you look at whether it exists or not?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:13am
Hiccups wrote:
D-Rex wrote:

Gentlemen - suggest we all take a chill pill and enjoy the Dees winning the GF. BTW Believe it or not, indigenous and non-indigenous people are actually playing together tonight or watching/supporting together without giving skin colour a second thought.

Ah yes, in that bastion of harmonious race relations, the AFL.

Jokes aside the AFL really is a positive thing for bringing Indigenous people non indigenous people together, sure you can focus on isolated negatives but really the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Indigenous players are also very highly represented over 10% of AFL players while indigenous population only makes up 3.3% of Australia population.

You could imagine all these Indigenous players are important role models to indigenous kids, and that's what disadvantaged kids need role models showing them that dreams can be achieved.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:16am
indo-dreaming][quote=brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Its not a big call to suggest organisations go chasing grants.

can you post a link to where you got this info from?

Who said i read it online?..

As we all know money is a huge motivator, its naive to think that all these new social justice or whatever organisations that are shrining up everywhere are not chasing $$$ from grants and funding.

So you have no source of facts for your claims....just a feeling?

It's a bit like when you claimed that Asians/chinese being harassed over Covid was a media beat up , when in fact is was real!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:17am
indo-dreaming wrote:
Hiccups wrote:
D-Rex wrote:

Gentlemen - suggest we all take a chill pill and enjoy the Dees winning the GF. BTW Believe it or not, indigenous and non-indigenous people are actually playing together tonight or watching/supporting together without giving skin colour a second thought.

Ah yes, in that bastion of harmonious race relations, the AFL.

Jokes aside the AFL really is a positive thing for bringing Indigenous people non indigenous people together, sure you can focus on isolated negatives but really the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Indigenous players are also very highly represented over 10% of AFL players while indigenous population only makes up 3.3% of Australia population.

You could imagine all these Indigenous players are important role models to indigenous kids, and that's what disadvantaged kids need role models showing them that dreams can be achieved.

You mean like Eddie Betts , who said the AFL was now a safe place for Indigenous players?

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:25am

Drex Perfect weather for football in Perth . The crowd will be on our side . I wrote the below comment today .

I know both teams will be out to intimidate their opponents today . It is football and a GF . Win at all costs .Not many agree with me that Michael Longs career was tarnished by trying to kill Simmonds in 2000 . Other than MFC supporters who remembers Wallis .

Both coaching groups would have spent 2 weeks trying to work out who to target , its their job . I would always target the captain when I played . Focus on the leaders and their weak links . It works in war and today is war . Both teams will be expecting it .The team that will win will be looking forward to it more than the other .

Both teams will not cross the line imo . They will intimidate buy attacking the ball first and applying pressure second . Both teams will stick up for their mates . Both teams should be operating right at the line .

As we saw in 2000 the statement needs to be made right from the outset .

I believe the Dees will win because our spirit and team culture is superior .

Brutus - the site was under the graph . Easy for you to check . Was the author of the article wrong ?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:29am

Blowin -up....."NSW treasurer and Premier saying there will be no discrimination between vaccinated and unvaccinated. Meanwhile in Victoria, those who protest to demand the same are violently attacked like …..like I don’t know what?

the protestors are breaking the law , and endangering others . Yeah some of the police brutality I have seen is sickening, but so are the protestors....smashing /breaking , no masks , illegally gathering....then they go and desecrate , " the shrine", spit on and threaten health workers... now one of the protestors was so sick from Covid , he's in hospital.....how many people were infected , we will find out in the next week or so....
I come back to ...yeah you have a right to not be vaccinated...but if you truly believe that Covid is a hoax , and vaccines are are a hoax/dangerous.......well if you do get Covid, lets hope you don't take someones place in Hospital that dies because they couldn't get a bed /treatment because there were too many (85%) unvaccinated people taking up hospital space...!!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:31am
brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Hiccups wrote:
D-Rex wrote:

Gentlemen - suggest we all take a chill pill and enjoy the Dees winning the GF. BTW Believe it or not, indigenous and non-indigenous people are actually playing together tonight or watching/supporting together without giving skin colour a second thought.

Ah yes, in that bastion of harmonious race relations, the AFL.

Jokes aside the AFL really is a positive thing for bringing Indigenous people non indigenous people together, sure you can focus on isolated negatives but really the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Indigenous players are also very highly represented over 10% of AFL players while indigenous population only makes up 3.3% of Australia population.

You could imagine all these Indigenous players are important role models to indigenous kids, and that's what disadvantaged kids need role models showing them that dreams can be achieved.

You mean like Eddie Betts , who said the AFL was now a safe place for Indigenous players?

OOPs "NOT a safe place for indigenous players!

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:36am
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:48am

Hey Brutus, Here's my take on the AFL and indigenous players / minority players.
Generally the AFL is pretty good with the exception of not standing up for Goodes.
That doesn't mean there's no problems in the game, that just means the AFL makes a decent effort in stamping the rubbish out.
There's definitely a little racism behind closed doors at clubs and more over the fence in the crowds, but it's pretty hard for the AFL to get rid of this type of crap in it's entirety. They can't be held responsible for the scum that abuse players, but they can hold fans, players, and clubs to account.
The Tex Walker incident was handled well. He was reported by a low level assistant at his own club and rubbed out for 6 matches (I think). In the past, the club official would have been kicked out. Walker needs to be held accountable and educated about the shitty thing he did. He also needs a chance to redeem himself. If he fucks up again, he should never play again. All up, sport is a great way to bring people together because once you cross the white line, rules are applied equally. Shame it only happens on sporting pitches.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 10:58am
brutus][quote=indo-dreaming wrote:
brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Its not a big call to suggest organisations go chasing grants.

can you post a link to where you got this info from?

Who said i read it online?..

As we all know money is a huge motivator, its naive to think that all these new social justice or whatever organisations that are shrining up everywhere are not chasing $$$ from grants and funding.

So you have no source of facts for your claims....just a feeling?

It's a bit like when you claimed that Asians/chinese being harassed over Covid was a media beat up , when in fact is was real!

Look if you want to be naive fine your choice..

Like i said the Asian hate thing was a beat up, just like many things the media grab onto and beat up, my wife and her Asian friends (not just Indonesian) didn't experience any negativity, they talked about it and they were scared of the news stories, but it never happened to them.

I guess because the reality is the majority of people are good people and dont think in such simple terms, but sure there is always isolated incidents and there is always dick heads out there, always has been always will be.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 11:00am
Vic Local wrote:

Hey Brutus, Here's my take on the AFL and indigenous players / minority players.
Generally the AFL is pretty good with the exception of not standing up for Goodes.
That doesn't mean there's no problems in the game, that just means the AFL makes a decent effort in stamping the rubbish out.
There's definitely a little racism behind closed doors at clubs and more over the fence in the crowds, but it's pretty hard for the AFL to get rid of this type of crap in it's entirety. They can't be held responsible for the scum that abuse players, but they can hold fans, players, and clubs to account.
The Tex Walker incident was handled well. He was reported by a low level assistant at his own club and rubbed out for 6 matches (I think). In the past, the club official would have been kicked out. Walker needs to be held accountable and educated about the shitty thing he did. He also needs a chance to redeem himself. If he fucks up again, he should never play again. All up, sport is a great way to bring people together because once you cross the white line, rules are applied equally. Shame it only happens on sporting pitches.

Hey VL we can all have our opinions , depending on what life experiences you have had , and the affect your environment has had on you.........Indo seems like he only see's the other side...and that Blackfellas should integrate into our present society.....which might be fine for the urban First Nations people.....he posted recently about Anthony Dillon , who actually makes the distinction between Urbanized Aborigines and Aborigines who were not......and it's 2 different worlds.
But if Eddie was prepared to make the statement , well who am I to criticise his point of view?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 11:04am

The world isn't perfect and never will be, you have a choice to focus and dwell on negatives or focus on positives.

When it comes too AFL and indigenous people surely we can all agree the positives far outweigh any negatives???

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 11:15am
indo-dreaming][quote=brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Its not a big call to suggest organisations go chasing grants.

can you post a link to where you got this info from?

Who said i read it online?..

As we all know money is a huge motivator, its naive to think that all these new social justice or whatever organisations that are shrining up everywhere are not chasing $$$ from grants and funding.

So you have no source of facts for your claims....just a feeling?

It's a bit like when you claimed that Asians/chinese being harassed over Covid was a media beat up , when in fact is was real!

Look if you want to be naive fine your choice..

Like i said the Asian hate thing was a beat up, just like many things the media grab onto and beat up, my wife and her Asian friends (not just Indonesian) didn't experience any negativity, they talked about it and they were scared of the news stories, but it never happened to them.

I guess because the reality is the majority of people are good people and dont think in such simple terms, but sure there is always isolated incidents and there is always dick heads out there, always has been always will be.

Indo , I am not being naive and not like you where you have based your opinion on your Asian wives and friends stories....the facts are https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-02/asian-australians-suffer-covid-19...

there was enormous angst in the Australian Community because of the racist overtones on Covid.
Yes there are minorities/ groups of people who spoil it for all and as a society we have rules and regulations that are made for usually the minority who don't want to conform .....and in this case racism towards Asians was pretty damn bad.....

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 11:19am
indo-dreaming wrote:

The world isn't perfect and never will be, you have a choice to focus and dwell on negatives or focus on positives.

When it comes too AFL and indigenous people surely we can all agree the positives far outweigh any negatives???

Indo because to build a foundation of trust and respect , the whole story needs to told...and we are still learning about Australia's History ..warts and all.....there is no blame , but a need for better understanding ...eg to see Eddie in tears doing an interview about Taylor Walker , and all the racist shit that's happened to him this year...well that's real....and to want to just brush that off as ah...the positives outweigh the Goodes......still a fair way to go!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 11:41am
brutus][quote=indo-dreaming wrote:
brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
brutus wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Its not a big call to suggest organisations go chasing grants.

can you post a link to where you got this info from?

Who said i read it online?..

As we all know money is a huge motivator, its naive to think that all these new social justice or whatever organisations that are shrining up everywhere are not chasing $$$ from grants and funding.

So you have no source of facts for your claims....just a feeling?

It's a bit like when you claimed that Asians/chinese being harassed over Covid was a media beat up , when in fact is was real!

Look if you want to be naive fine your choice..

Like i said the Asian hate thing was a beat up, just like many things the media grab onto and beat up, my wife and her Asian friends (not just Indonesian) didn't experience any negativity, they talked about it and they were scared of the news stories, but it never happened to them.

I guess because the reality is the majority of people are good people and dont think in such simple terms, but sure there is always isolated incidents and there is always dick heads out there, always has been always will be.

Indo , I am not being naive and not like you where you have based your opinion on your Asian wives and friends stories....the facts are https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-02/asian-australians-suffer-covid-19...

there was enormous angst in the Australian Community because of the racist overtones on Covid.
Yes there are minorities/ groups of people who spoil it for all and as a society we have rules and regulations that are made for usually the minority who don't want to conform .....and in this case racism towards Asians was pretty damn bad.....

What tripe no doubt outcome was already decided with loaded questions, typical ABC divisive BS.

BTW, the whole article seems too want to paint Asians as poor me.

Reality is Asians especially Chinese in developing countries are among the highest achievers in education and among the highest income group and one of the lower represented groups in the prison system.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 11:52am

Indo..I have about another 10 links with the same information ..

.so if you don't like the divisive /BS ABC...how about.....https://nextshark.com/asian-australians-suffered-discrimination-amid-cov...

just because it hasn't happened to you or your family...it must be a media beat up...very narrow minded indo?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 12:44pm

loving your work here brutus, how are you travelling ok?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 1:09pm

hey GS, travelling well , always a few lurking health issues , surfs been incredible last mth...business is good.......no complaints .
just really interested in what the future holds for my kids and grandkids ....looks to me there's a whole new World being formed right now...some good some bad.....love the idea of problems and their solutions....some things never change LOL!

How's lockdown been treatin ya?

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 1:22pm

Brutus - I hope you can respond to the incarceration statistics Indo posted . Is it fact or fiction ?

He has shown me stats that are totally surprising and I would hope you would be interested and willing to also know the truth .

Maybe there are other stats that show the opposite and I can try and see which groups analysis is closer to the actual figures .

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 1:24pm

Good to hear brutus, like many I guess lockdown for me has been a rollercoaster with good and bad days. No surf since it began, I miss out by about 10kms now and as tempting as it is to break the rules and make the dash I can't bring myself to do it. Keep up the good fight, Ive lost the patience to do so.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 1:44pm

don't wanna get into afl argument, because I see it different, and it's all a bit grubby... from my perspective...

but gotta agree with this...

"What tripe no doubt outcome was already decided with loaded questions, typical ABC divisive BS.

BTW, the whole article seems too want to paint Asians as poor me."

abc has a narrative to fill, and they fill it... it's what they do...

this was especially obvious as the wuhan flu unfolded... and not just abc, ...certain players, had their positions well before anything was clear or had even happened! ...well before! ...many are still there, ...holding those positions vehemently, despite some damning evidence to the contrary...

the reality is we all see what we want to see...

or cook it up to be so... some are just shameless with the msg...

as is evidently clear in this new horsey scandal...

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/horrible-photo-a...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/it-never-happened-photographer-who-t...

ffs ths photographer even said it didn't happen... outright cleared the record...

but that doesn't stop some from getting political mileage out of it... including the president, who still claimed the bullshit narrative, even after it had been refuted... he toned it down a touch, from 'whipped' to 'strapped' ...but its still utter utter bullshit...

but some just don't care... the reality is a by product to the agenda... and this thinking is getting worse...

and then they wonder and complain when there's no public trust when it really matters...

?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 1:34pm
GuySmiley wrote:

Good to hear brutus, like many I guess lockdown for me has been a rollercoaster with good and bad days. No surf since it began, I miss out by about 10kms now and as tempting as it is to break the rules and make the dash I can't bring myself to do it. Keep up the good fight, Ive lost the patience to do so.

If you saw the crowd down here , and how many people there in the water that we have never seen before......it's outrageous to think at least a 1/3 of the people/surfers are from out of town , mostly Melbournites......so you have to pick your moments when ya surf, but better than nothing for sure....

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 1:53pm
sypkan wrote:
don't wanna get into afl argument, because I see it different, and it's all a bit grubby... from my perspective...
but gotta agree with this...
"What tripe no doubt outcome was already decided with loaded questions, typical ABC divisive BS.
BTW, the whole article seems too want to paint Asians as poor me."

abc has a narrative to fill, and they fill it... it's what they do...

Sypkan, OK you don't like the ABC because it's owned by....what vested interest again?

So how about this link .https://nextshark.com/asian-australians-suffered-discrimination-amid-cov...

you say that Asians seem to have taken the victim position, just as Australia's Indigenous blackfellas.....I wonder what the Dago's/Wops/wogs think about that?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 1:58pm

.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 25 Sep 2021 at 2:32pm

"Sypkan, OK you don't like the ABC because it's owned by....what vested interest again?

So how about this link .https://nextshark.com/asian-australianssuffered-discrimination-amid-cov..."

'I love my abc' ...literally... i have stated this several times on here...

but anyone who thinks the abc doesn't bring a certain perspective and agenda to any issue is, frankly, either kidding themselves or not that bright...

"you say that Asians seem to have taken the victim position, just as Australia's Indigenous blackfellas.....I wonder what the Dago's/Wops/wogs think about that?"

didn't say that about asians at all

agreed with indo that the abc assumes this position, and transposes it onto asians...

which as indo pointed out, created a fear in the asian community... fear that proved unjustified for the vast majority of asian people it would seem... bit of a negative feedback loop effect going on there...

I've got no doubt there were instances of racism towards asians, but tbh, when I saw the whole shitshow unfolding, I held great fears for how this might shape australians perceptions of chinese people and asians more generally... however, despite the ever mounting evidence ...mountaining evidence!!! ...as to the nefariousness of the ccp... things have remained a relaxed pretty chill ...an astoundingly surprisingly mellow relaxed pretty chill actually...

which only proves to me, how surprisingly un-racist most austrailians are, despite all the stirrings from various protaganists and antagonists...

so so surprised

Im sure your freshly university educated uber wokers like benjamin law can find a heap of micro greviances to natter about, but Im yet to hear of one significant incident...