penong localism

victor's picture
victor started the topic in Friday, 2 Mar 2012 at 11:04am

any stories on penong so called locals,no fucking cameras, surf harassment, shottie pointing, tents being driven over, lotsa shit went down in the 1990s, any one got a story to tell.......remember reading that rabbit and some pros got told to leave,d.c.green as well may have been told to f ck off.......i'm d.c.green ---d.c. who CUNT.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 at 8:53am

Localism????? a poor showing of localism at streaky bay last weekend...a blowin named matt king towing thru paddlers with no respect at all for the saftey of guys trying to paddle 20-30 ft faces....hear ye hear ye these are the kind of locals you will not need to worry about forever....they blowin and they juz blow right back out.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 at 8:57am

It's all that exposure it's getting Smucko, Hung by your own petard.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 at 9:09am

what all that exposure bringing some knobs to the coast?? you sound like you could fit into that category...and i wonder if you got what it takes to actually enjoy whats on offer over there without whingn all the way.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 at 10:58am

not whinging smucks just laughing at the situation you have created for yourself.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 at 1:28pm

are you serious shaun?? what is it do you presume i have done....i have surfed there for the last 30 years and its never been so uncrowded as this past 12 months and i'm not havn you on and dont need to talk shit about it....with the net tho there has been days at the named breaks wher there has been more on it because people are knowing when to be there....thats got fuk all to do with me and im happy to pay buoyweather 70 bucks ayear coz with it we rarley miss as well...lovn technology....i pay 4 times as much for fuel now as i did 30 years ago and i like you want the beast bang for my buck....another good reason to tow!!

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 at 2:14pm

Those Patpong locals are heavy.
Definiltey get bang for your buck.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 at 5:38pm

Localism????? a poor showing of localism at streaky bay last weekend...a blowin named matt king towing thru paddlers with no respect at all for the saftey of guys trying to paddle 20-30 ft faces....hear ye hear ye these are the kind of locals you will not need to worry about forever....they blowin and they juz blow right back out.

By: "jeff-schmucker"

Smucko
You just seemed a little peeved at the other skis, they wouldn't be there if you didn't put the place on the map in the last few years, not my problem I don't live there, I don't care, just funny.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 10:44am

morning shaun..i come from a family of 8 kids so come one come all.....i not worried about how many skis come at all..or "peeved at them"....juz those with little experience leave ya pride behind and take some hints on how to drive so everyone in the line up is safe...nothn worse than pulling into a 15ft pit and theres wake goin up the bowl...recipe for disaster...everybody deserves to be safe out there and sometimes it turns into a free for all.....can you imagine what the good drivers do when its outa hand?? well they get a shitload of waves in the chaos....matt king should know better as he has been towing this joint for a long time.....i have always said its not the visitors that are the problem on the westcoast of SA its the guys that have been here for 2-10 years that are still not sure about their place in the lineup that step on toes!

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 11:07am

Believe it or not I agree with you on some things, there would be heaps of footage of the day, hand it over to the cops and let a judge decide. The size waves you are out on are the place where jetskis belong, but I think the guys with the bigger balls paddling should have the right of way, if they are dong it successfully. You say come one come all but then you say it isn't safe, well it's going to happen more and more as you encourage more people to get ski's, sounds like it is more likely that you will get killed by ski than a shark a streaky.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 1:13pm

there are some waves they cannot possibly catch so let the skis and the guys that wanna tow get into it...i cnt agree with you about encouragn guys to get skis...theres no way im gunna spend 20 grand coz someone is encouragn me...i'll do it if its a desire......why would someone wanna go out there get footage and shut the whole thing down?? if they do then good luck to the fun police....not one of the guys paddln had 2 bob to rub together....what are they gunna do if we arent there?? paddle out there like we used to??i doubt it....some of them were flickn off paddle waves and wanting a lift back on the ski!!! wheres the balls in that?? when i was a kid out there and ya broke ya leggy you had to swim into foam 8-12 inches deep down the end and try to find ya board....the other guys out there had no idea where you even were....big balls?????? how old are you my friend and do u have big balls or do you juz know what big balls are?? why all the mucho stuff shaun?? juz hav fun...life too short to be arguin who's got the biggest balls.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 3:20pm

Smuco I am 56 years old, to old to be surfing waves like that, but I do still paddle into waves that are a fair size, I have to choose my battles. I'm not being macho, just pointing out that the guys paddling in should really have the right of way A. for safety. B. because they are the ones using more skill and pitting themselves against nature. You can't tell me that towing is more skillful than paddling when some of the tow teams in hawaii that have won contests have never actually paddled into a wave in there life.
And yes I have surfed waves like that, but in the 80's before it was fashionable and thankfully before the internet.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 6:21pm

i agree ....if theres someone paddling onto a wave then the ski gets off it 100%.....the next one is only seconds away and the ski will get the next 6 as well...im not arguin wit ya...when you are towing you can afford to get out of the paddlers way....by the way you arent too old...you should tow a few bombs its fun

tripod's picture
tripod's picture
tripod Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 6:24pm

Jeff,your version of events out the bombie the other day are the exact opposite of what ive heard from at least 4 people.The proof came when you wrote into this forum telling the world how it happened, like a naughty child hastily recounting their version of events to their parents in the hope they wont find out the truth.Who are you to carry on about manners around paddlers when clearly you couldnt give a fuck?You really make us all laugh coz you are a joke buddy!

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 7:58pm

i only weighed into this debate because i didnt agree with some of the stuff being written about skis and the blow out of spots that may not even be secret but are definitley not main stream.
now there seems to be a ton of contradictory statements that are really hard to dredge up because if you swing from thread to thread you lose all of your hard earned writings but here is one from mr Schmucker "Scott; i dont think paddle surfers have the right to tell skis to go away...the rules are 4knts 50 mtrs...so they are the rules...IMPORTANT;the drivers of the skis must be able to drive!! NO WAKE NO DANGER to surfers..."
If you can tow at 4knots at 50 metres at a surf spot you are doing a hell of a good job i reckon, is this possible???
My personal opinion is that most of the problems here are that people seem to be annoyed at the internet blowout of spots and the invitation for people to come and sample all these spots that are reasonably sacred to some. (sounds from these threads like the popular spots are becoming more popular?)
Surley it would be easier to just keep your keyboard fingers idle rather then getting into all these arguments? or maybe like you said earlier you just want more people to see what you are doing, or less chance of a being eaten by a shark and it is a self gratification thing?
Either way the more posts on here i reckon the more animosity that is going to be directed your way.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 9:12pm

"Animosity" not important where its going coz it cant damage if you dont let it....whats important is where its coming from...if you have animosity its driven from your own dissatisfaction right?...
we have plenty of surfs with no one around so its not about having someone watch you im sure! if people are gunna come theres nothing you can do about it except help them enjoy it. im not concerned about places getting blown out,if they do they do and i dont know anyone or anything that will change it....you guys that dont like the media tool blowout then you should be true toyourselves and stop supporting it in any of its mediums??
tripod how do come to the conclusion that my manners are bad around paddlers while im on the ski?....there have been occasions when someone has been abusive to me so i'm not going to ask them if its ok if i tow am i?? i will give them the oppurtunity to state their case tho and if they tell me to fuck off do i have to go?? wheres your local?

silentp's picture
silentp's picture
silentp Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 9:52pm

Jeff I dont think your getting it,as a paddle surfer the last thing I want is a fuckin ski buzzin around, destroys what its all about. yeh youve got every right to tow just dont do it where paddle surfers are,if you think paddle surfers want a ski around your mistaken,you sound like a friendly bloke but plenty arrogant.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 8:14am

the skis aint out there to piss you off silent...they dont even know if you are coming to surf...i say again if those of you that dont like it you should do something about it or work on handling it...does it piss you off when you pass a ski on the road as well?....you must realize there are some waves that can only be towed and as long as skis are allowed out there then you should learn to put up with it coz frustration stops you from getting the most out of your surfing as well.....you know its funny that there are a lot of people surfing around the world that dont even worry about this crap...another thing of note is the guys that mouth off are struggling to improve their own surfing ability...the word stagnant comes to mind.

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 8:44am

Jeez you waffle some garbage in your replys,no doubt to try and sidestep the real issues that are being directed at you?
Usually if someone has animosity being directed at them it is for a reason and someone with half a brain would probably try to tone it down.
You kind of strike me as one of those annoying bastards that never backs down in an argument even if you are wrong. Instead you waffle on and on and contradict your self over and over until finally you end up looking like a bit of a clown.
Mate you have three threads all aimed at you at the moment, one called kick schmuck and one called shut the schmuck up, dont they ring as pretty loud alarmbells to you that maybe, just maybe you should tone it down or change tack?

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 9:16am

thanx for ya concerns reecen but i like to challenge the person-s makn the accusations, always been for the underdog and if you think my posts contradict then thats possibly the way you are reading it?? if it was shutup reecen or kick reecen then you obviously would struggle with it....if you look closley i'm not throwing the darts...garbage?? in your mind champ.

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 10:38am

What? more waffle? darts in my mind? possibly the way you are reading it?? always been for the underdog? i would obviously struggle with it??
What the fuck are you talking about?
How many dfifferent voices are there in your head?

people are writing shut the schmuck up on the road because they dont like you blabbing about everything, mate since i started reading the threads that you have been contributing too i now have a reasonable knowledge of some pretty awesome waves from SA. I had no idea about them until you started chiming in with names of places and constant referances that make it pretty easy to narrow the playing field down. And those photos of island you told everyone the location of look freakens nuts as well, i can see why people would want to keep that off the internet.
I am not concerned for you, i am concerned for the people that wish you would stop standing on your soapbox.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 12:59pm

Jeff I met you once at streaky pub and you seemed like a half decent bloke, but honestly you are really starting to sound like the worlds biggest tool... Maybe time to log out for a few weeks hey? Just a suggestion

BkSouthOz's picture
BkSouthOz's picture
BkSouthOz Saturday, 14 Apr 2012 at 8:31am

well put goofyfoot

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Saturday, 14 Apr 2012 at 8:51am

nice pic of josiah on ya avatar ther whitey and good ta see a new fella on here....hope i brought you a drink goof coz if ya lend someone 10 bucks and never se em again its not neccesarily a bad thing

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 14 Apr 2012 at 5:19pm

Na Jeff you didn't buy me a drink. Or lend me 10 bucks for that matter! Fuck knows what your on about there?? But you might see me again if you are still coming to surf that left hander at the entrance to a certain bay that you were talking about on earlier posts. Just a two minute ski ride to my joint. Don't know how popular you'll be towing through the local guys who surf there regularly though! Might be best to give the biceps a work out and paddle into a couple of drainers hey?? Few angry buggers out there.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 14 Apr 2012 at 8:19pm

i warned ya Jeff . The natives down that way are restless at the best of times .......................
But anyhow , there's elsewhere . I'm not sure why you'd go past KI anyway ?
Good Left ......

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 14 Apr 2012 at 9:15pm

See they've wiped kick smucko, probably a good call, can we get rd of Jeff and just keep the real smuko as I prefer his sense of humour.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 12:05am

goofa..."fuk knows what youre on about there" u are a fukwit and i'm comn to surf that left at the enr=trance to port phillip bay and i'm sure that you wont be surfing it while i'm towing it...so see u in the pub on either side of the entrance when i'm done....it breaks best when the tide is ebbing so hard you cant paddle u fool. you have lived there all your life and you dont know when its best? funny bout that!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 12:06am

shaun ura clown

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 6:26am

Well you would know "Smucko king of clowns". U will be out at the heads by yourself,so enjoy. I haven't surfed it very often for a few years but old mates are regulars. It probably is best for towin in the conditions you reckon, cause there is no one there to tell you to fuck off, but you would know better ,having second hand info off of a fellow frother or some one having a lend of you, funny bout that.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 7:53am

Best on ebbing tide so strong you can't paddle! Ahh nah mate your a bit confused there?? You ever surfed it? I'm not on here to abuse people but being called a fuckwit off you is the best example of pot/kettle of I've ever heard. See ya out there

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 8:30am

good morning goof, u probably see me at streaky before you ever see me at corsairs make sure you come and intro yaself...that wave is not on the list of things to do...juz pullin your leg..its the net right??...but you swear at me and threatn about your angry buggers dwn there so dont dish it out if you cant take it....penong localism??? sounds like she's alive and well in the entrance to the port of melbourne.

the-real-smukka's picture
the-real-smukka Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 12:50pm

thanks shaun but its just observational humour, its not hard to get a laugh with the antics over here mate. So i guess i will stick around and poke the bear a bit if you guys don't mind.
p.s. by poke the bear i don't mean the big scary grizzly type, more the cuddly, wobbly near extinct chinese panda type with a bit of growl but with no confirmed reports of a bite.
sorry almost forgot - peace and love to everyone as long as you agree with me

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 3:01pm

PULL

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 3:49pm

kelly slater @ caves....gunna slash his tyres??

the-pharmer's picture
the-pharmer's picture
the-pharmer Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 4:36pm

"KS WHO C##T"!! wish I was there, to see the great man himself in action.

zambezi's picture
zambezi's picture
zambezi Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 4:46pm

Any pics Jeff ?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 4:53pm

Jeff ,
So if your WoW , who was towing( or was on the Ski ) at BF's today ???

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 5:13pm

KS was in Streaky just after the Margs' comp. I think he was at the cafe "motions" or something anyone see him surf?

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 6:14pm

no pics...i juz read about it on facebook...could them forum punters that hate the inevitable please stand up and tell us what you would do to kelly and his entourage if he rocked up at your local surf spot...from the shit ive read in the last few weeks i would expect you to give him heaps....surely you cant blame it all on smuko although i'm sure you wanna blame someone....i hope everyone loves seeing him here and it softens even the hardest of locals....i know id like to see him pete and josiah and a cupl other westcoast rippers havn a litlle shootout at blax.

BkSouthOz's picture
BkSouthOz's picture
BkSouthOz Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 6:25pm

would love to see some live Slater slashes in Ronnies backyard,
Penong localism may be tested?

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 6:49pm

I think you got it wrong again Jeff, I dont think it is about slashing tyres and punching peoples lights out if they managed to get there and are surfing, but more about not blabbing to the world about the spots.
Did Slater post spot names of spots that arent already well known and carry on in forums when he went down there or after?
Most people are stoked to see good surfing, most people are not stoked to have people broadcast to the world directions to waves that are flying under the radar.

the-pharmer's picture
the-pharmer's picture
the-pharmer Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 6:55pm

@craig,
couldnt find the forum on the long wave trough and didnt think Smucko could answer my question as well as you, no offence Jeff, you have been more than helpful with my dealings with you, anyways Craig, whats your thought on the latest LWT intensification and would you think it will increase the likelyhood and totals of rainfall event in the central agricultral area ( CYP)early next week. thats if it coinsides with some moisture of course. Im sure you have better toys than me, and could advise me wether to stop the tractor and go visit Ronnie instead, Smucko is talking droughts and even the optimist I am, cant help but think its long overdue, 3 good seasons in a row out west already? Are we in for another 1959?

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 6:58pm

Kelly slater by himself or a mate would be no worries.. Kelly Slater, two water photographers, three land photographers, a surf mag journo, a big shark boat entourage, jetski's buzzing around it would be tested and maybe...well how knows?

the-real-smukka Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 7:33pm

No sign of slater or the tofu panda at black today. Would have been good to see the king out there

sunbay76's picture
sunbay76's picture
sunbay76 Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 8:03pm

I heard he surfed Caves.

blackhawk's picture
blackhawk's picture
blackhawk Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 8:08pm

He's going to windmills with smucko tomorrow! That's going too far Jeffery.Get some pics tho??plz

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 8:09pm

The-pharmer, I'm not really the best person to ask about rainfall.

In saying that the models are really divergent regarding the weekend and early next week with moderate falls probably likely as that cold front combines with an inland trough.

Looks like there'll be some sort of rainfall event, but how much and when will be clearer over the coming days. Wonder if Kelly will hang around for the end of the week?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 10:14pm

@ the pharmer .

This week , and perhaps the next Month . Will continue to not provide that much , whilst there is still a strong Easterly influence on SE Aust . This is no-doubt the dieing throws of this summers La Nina ... And ultimately this blocking Pattern of Easterly's , has helped produce the EPIC surf that has been regularly experienced in the last few weeks . It's created a buffer to stop the fronts extending North and East , and has held the LWT in the Southern WA region of longitudes in the last three pulses . Of which late this week is another , the Models are up in the Air as Craig mentioned , on what follows this weekend .

If i were you i would start reading WeatherZone , there atleats 3 or 4 Weather Guru's in the SA threads , and one of them is a Professional Independant forecaster that specialises in Ag forecasts and Precipitation patterns . His tag is " Bucketing Down " , and his own site is HOLTON Weather . You will get free advice off him if you contribute to the WZ Forum , when you ask nicely ....

There is talk of a Negative IOD establishing this Winter / Spring , this provides good NW moisture feeds to SE Aust . Its still early days , But enough of the Geek talk ..... Have a look for yourself ...

@ everyone else .

Who was towing today at Blax ? Was this received well ? Was there etiquette shown ?

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 10:39pm

@ pharmer..the talk I've heard is no major rain patterns 'til June or in other words no major break un til then. You should have oodles of sub-soil moisture so maybe only a little bit of rain will help. Cyp has never had a bad year has it? Elders weather gives you free weather forecasts but most weather observers change their prediction evry 12hrs or so.

the-pharmer's picture
the-pharmer's picture
the-pharmer Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012 at 12:10am

thanks for all that information guys, will look into it further, as for there being oodles of sub surface moisture, I can assure you there is very little on cyp, my guess is theres plenty in the eastern states to grow a bumper crop, thus putting downward pressure on domestic grain prices. You aint wrong if you say we have had a dream run in the past 20yrs, not unlike the dream run of quality surf days this month, and it looks set to continue :) but all good things come to an end and records show even cyp has to expierience dry winters and hot windy dry springs, they can be devastating,
fortunately we are already prepared and capable of handling the worst case senarios, unlike many other farmers who take a much larger gamble every year with the weather and the bank manager.
Anyways its only early days yet so I probably should pack the ute and head west, love to see ks 11 on my travels and catch up with Jeff for a beer or 10...
couple other shady charaters out that way id love to catch up with to and always meet some really cool people when I venture out that neck of the woods
peace out