penong localism

victor's picture
victor started the topic in Friday, 2 Mar 2012 at 11:04am

any stories on penong so called locals,no fucking cameras, surf harassment, shottie pointing, tents being driven over, lotsa shit went down in the 1990s, any one got a story to tell.......remember reading that rabbit and some pros got told to leave,d.c.green as well may have been told to f ck off.......i'm d.c.green ---d.c. who CUNT.

tripod's picture
tripod's picture
tripod Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 3:43pm

Simple ipt,the only reason he welcomes anyone at all(as i do )is because hes burnt everyone at some point,so whos he gonna tow with,pros who will use him up!onya shaun

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 4:33pm

Jeff, all that stuff that you love doing is pretty much what everyone who grew up in the country loves doing? Fast toys, guns, and catching and consuming things from the ocean and bush are pretty much staple activities for a lot of people.
Generally speaking everyone gets to keep on doing all this stuff until someone or some people fuck it up for everyone else. It’s kind of like going to the park and sitting down with the family and there is a huge expanse of park and some muppet starts hooning around you with a lawnmower or starts playing cricket or throwing a Frisbee over your head. It is fucken annoying and usually leads to problems.
If they stay down the other end of the park there isn’t usually a problem and no reason for the fun police to start hassling them or getting them booted out of the park.
I don’t know you from a bar of soap and I have never been to SA and there is a good chance that you and your mates respect the place you live but I would have thought that the “park” where you are from is way big enough to stay under the fun polices radars.

As far as the naming and shaming of spots you kinda contradict yourself a bit from time to time;
“oh and reec...there's plenty of mysto spots coz thats what they are and thats never gunna change....”
And then a minute ago
“NW WA was never goin to stay the same, it evolving like everywhere..”

I agree with lpt you are going to fark it and it has already started, the place has blown out massively in the last couple of years as far as being visible to the everyday surfer and I reckon the situation is going to change way quicker than you think.
I went and lived in a massive Asian city for four years and just got back and things have changed big time in four years in some previously remote areas, I just count my lucky stars that I got to see and live in some of these spots before the masses caught on. And I hope there are a few left around that my young fellas can enjoy in a decade.
If you are going to do charters down there I reckon you are kind of shooting yourself in the foot by getting on chat forums and rattling off names of places even if they are supposedly known to you and you mates. I would have thought the best way to attract people would be by the promise of “mysto” waves?
There is no way I would pay to go on a charter to surf waves that everyone already knows of and how to get to them already. Don’t sell me spot names or islands that I can just google and work out if my centre console or 4WD can get there. Sell me something that I can’t have unless I get on board.

I need to stop reading this thread because it is starting to make me feel and sound like a grumpy old cunt ranting on, and I am not grumpy or old, maybe a bit of a cunt though.
And as far as sleeping at night I don’t know how you fix that, I have a couple of little fellas who are nearly ready to get on a bit of foam and I can’t help but think that they are going to be like yummy little mulie’s floating around at the beach.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 4:40pm

are you a doctor shauna?? do you have the symptoms of the very sickness you mention?? you are being irrational an i suggest you have a couple deep breaths yourself...dont get yourself worked up too much...now if you were comn out with some facts then the audience may applaud you!! you didnt answer my questions about dads being passionate about their kids happiness and wellbeing and futures....cmon open up a bit or stop being childish on here please...

tripe....same to you sad sack

ipt...why are you telling me what to do in a forceful way?? somethings we dont understand and you dont understand what we have been doing...we have been having trukloads of fun and enjoying surfing with some crazy chargers wich is always gunna raise the bar....as for going surfing with people like you i would have to bite my tounge with your negativity and would drop you off after a day in the wilderness. you are too negative my friend, dont hand it onto your kids..
as for the media well they have been chasing the shot long before i even started surfing..

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 4:45pm

u wont get to the waves i'm gunna charter to unless you come with me...if you dont wanna come then thats fine with me i'm sure kelly and friends will put the diesel in...iv'e been putting it in for the last 25 years and i'm still here....NW WA and where i'm going are as far away as tombys is from wreck

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 5:06pm

why do you think that is so far?
There are heaps more people surfing that place now then there was a decade ago and it is only going to keep getting worse and that is without someone trying to pump it up.
I bet you if you keep showing me that the waves really are worth travelling too, and where they are me and a bunch of other people will get to them without you.

Mate i hope Kelly and friends do put it in for you, seems like a pretty small market though.

stanfrance's picture
stanfrance's picture
stanfrance Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 5:15pm

For my mind, part of the stoke of surfing is sharing secrets with those who can be bothered or have done the hard work to find out, and the special relationships and respect shared between surfers and sacred/secret spots. I know the majority of people who surf the EP love the fact that it is relatively unpublicized. Just wondering why you choose to name every spot when you obviously don't have to?

Stu, as you wrote this article you must have some comment to provide in relation to this topic.
http://www.swellnet.com.au/news/2375-social-media-killed-the-secret-spot

lpt's picture
lpt's picture
lpt Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 5:18pm

Jeff,

Wasn't meant in a forceful way- just trying to verbalise what has most people concerned.

As for negative- if by pointing out the changes that are happening over there you take that as me being negative, then does that make the changes negative?

Anyway all the best, its been enlightning and only time will tell where this will all end up.

Over and out Amigo.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 5:27pm

dont buy the mags dnt watch the vids...get of the media stitches bruz....you make me scratch my head...i'm all for ityou are half for it...i never do anything by half...over

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 5:29pm

u live on under 100k a year reece...so can i when im older

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 5:43pm

ahhh ha ha ha I am sold now that you are a complete tool.
Mr big spender gummy shark fisherman, slowly blowing for anyone else what he took for granted when he grew up so he can have his own 5 minutes in the sun.
Plenty of people over the years have kept spots under wraps, had an awesome, time shared them with friends and pros, had them in surf mags and even done charters to them but still managed to keep them relative secrets for a lot longer then you will.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 6:33pm

Reecen has a pretty good insight into psycho smuckos personality, big spender is exactly what he is, he buys peoples approval and friendship, but you tried to point out how other people might feel with logic, that's never going to work he doesn't recognize it.

Smucko, you reckon Kellys going to pay you to take him out in your boat? You'll be paying him.
When you first started taking crew out to the bombie exposing it in the magazines over 20 years ago, Wayne Lynch visited you and advised that you would regret exposing the little heaven you had as you did not realize what you had , lucky jet skis came along otherwise you wouldn't get a wave.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 8:15pm

wayne lynch...wooohooo aborigonal guru/didgereedoo man didnt even know what a quandong was....u sound like you think he;s a guru...remember his flik on tombys....well it got me up there. and many other now 45 year olds.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 8:18pm

it was 15k tab to go to bosanquet 5 years ago...i rekn its gone up a bit now....how re we gunna survive on the westcoast so you can respect the locals wen you come over?? grow dope? mining? dole,..no....fishing no...tourism...aha yes...seeya there coz i'm here for the duration and not into 5 on 5 off

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 8:23pm

i have never given directions to any waves anywhere on any media i might add....try and find sum of these waves....the penong localism is dead...come and start throwing your weight around on the westcoast and there is a few that will confidently pull ya up and point you in the right direction

blanche's picture
blanche's picture
blanche Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 9:01pm

oh my

lopez's picture
lopez's picture
lopez Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 9:42pm

Never mind letting the world about the bommie its a great wave but it only breaks as the swell moves compass points for a day or so and if you do get it on theres a good chance you will get eaten.

Its a tow wave in my opinion.

As for the myth that Jeff is disliked in his home town well thats crap.He is fulling respected by those who count.

Regards,

zambezi's picture
zambezi's picture
zambezi Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 9:59pm

This forum is becoming sad. It's starting to sound like an episode of "The Grumpy Old Men". Generational change is a fact of life. I get the feeling that the the new-gen up west couldn't give a fark about localism and secrecy. Anyone with a modicum of modern day intelligence can decipher all the old skool hocus pocus. Every grom has now got an i-phone,with it's networking power, as part of their essential kit. They are more than happy to post their entire life online. Try keeping secret spots from a generation that doesn't know what a secret is.

tripod's picture
tripod's picture
tripod Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 10:31pm

lopez you couldnt be more wrong,fully respected my ass,how bigs your camera?

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 10:35pm

Hey tripod did you get my mess I sent you?

zambezi's picture
zambezi's picture
zambezi Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 10:53pm

Everyone, it's 2012, not 1982.

tripod's picture
tripod's picture
tripod Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 10:57pm

na barles maybe you got the wrong dude

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 11:08pm

You are right Zambezi it is 2012 and it is way harder to keep a secret, probably all the more reason for people to try a bit harder.
I just took a zoom around on google earth to some of the spots that you mentioned Jeff..... no shit it looks like a wave paradise, rights, lefts, peaks, bombies, beachies, islands, all sheltered on different sides of point and bays so the different winds and swell directions will always harbour something. All within a nice compact little stretch of coast that is about 500km's as the crow flys.
And your freak of nature island that no one will get to in Spencer gulf, you are right it is a freak of nature for where it sits. Is it worth buying a block of land there? Does it really harbour one of the best waves in the world? if so maybe i should by a block there and eat SBT sushi and abalone for the rest of my days?
I learnt a lot from this thread.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 11:18pm

Nah Jeff is leading you up the rong trail. That Islamd is shit. It breaks once a year if that and then you need the perfect tide.. For all the effort to get there you would have to be fuckn lucky. The current sucks and the wind..well it has to be gale force Westerly..which is a once a yr occerence.. By all means go though the Lincoln boys really need the cash.......NOT!

zambezi's picture
zambezi's picture
zambezi Friday, 23 Mar 2012 at 11:49pm

You guy's have all lost the stoke. I took these photos years ago on the West Coast.They aren't great pics but it was a fantastic road trip. All of my best friends having a fantastic time in Penong and Streaky and the places in between. No hassles, no localism, epic times at the Streaky pub having a drink with all the local crew. I can't understand why talk of the West Coast always ends in threats and character assasination.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 12:08am

Zambesi the place does look amazing and i cant believe i didnt really know about it until recently. Everyone has known about cactus but to now know that the place harbours so many gems in a relativley small stretch of coastline gets my stoke levels up.
To also know that the locals are a bunch of good dudes that like sharing stories and beers at the pub gets my stoke levels even higher.
I have been busy wasting my time searching and getting skunked through my own barren backyard for all of these years when i should have just been B Lining it straight to this beautifull part of Oz.
Yay lets share the love in S.A.
I am stoked, a bit weirded out by this full on spot exposure going on but definitley stoked that i am working all this stuff out without even having to leave my sofa.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 12:28am

leave it alone and it will die

zambezi's picture
zambezi's picture
zambezi Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 12:42am

@reecen

The West coast is a beautiful place. I don't understand why I can't say that.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 12:50am

nice shoots zambezi looks good from the 80's-90's cool as

zambezi's picture
zambezi's picture
zambezi Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 1:17am

Thanks Barley.

It was a cool time.

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 1:24am

Zambesi you can say that, and now i want to go there.
I might be missing something here. Is the West coast already crowded? Does everybody know about these spots except me? Am i the only one who hasnt sampled the warm hospitality and fine waves?
Is it already like SW Oz where you pull up at dawn with the rest of the surfing world and try to race out and get a couple of sneaky waves before it becomes a free for all, either that or just admit defeat and go to a second tier wave where you know you will at least get a higher wave count of average waves?
Still really fun and in a beutifull environment but it is way more fun when you arent having to hassle and fight for waves all the time.

I reckon there are still alot of people like me out there who would love to surf this place and with all this sharing of love on a public forum probably will, hopefully it will still be as lovley and nice as when you surfed it.
For some reason this whole thread has turned into a topic that has cut a bit close to the bone for me. I think i should take barley's advice and leave it alone and retreat back to where i came from before i have a brain anuerysm.

Fellas have fun and see you down there one sunny day soon.

zambezi's picture
zambezi's picture
zambezi Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 1:53am

When Christo Reid published his. beautiful, coffee table sized book on Cactus, I should have realised the gig was up.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 at 6:15am

pumpn lads 16 secs here under the jetty lights...on the road at 3am...no wombats...get shacked today for a lot of crew...yeeew stoked

turns's picture
turns's picture
turns Sunday, 25 Mar 2012 at 1:43am

Unfuckingbelievable. These threads are out of control!

Google Earth, now theres the real spirit of adventure.. The Search..(Yeah - the search button!) How things have changed.

@Jeff. Mt Palcolm! (I like the twist! [sorry another thread I know]) If thats the joint I'm thinking of, from my past sharkin days, if you're surfing out there you WILL get chewed up and shat out by a dirty great fucking pointer! Ski or not. You know what they do with the fake seals...getting the motherfuckers to breach...Fuck that! I've seen a couple of big mummas in the "Palcolm"/Israelite/Daw triangle*. Plenty bommies I know. Treacherous navigation hazards. There is actually a long left around those parts too. But the best wave....well I'll leave that for the campfire.

And as for Hopetoun, Have you seen what's on the wall (or was) in the pub? Those Jaws fit over a 44 Gallon Drum! I know we've had more than our share of attacks, but the year I rocked up there an ab diver got bit in half. Welcome to Mary-Ann Harbour! The bronzies are as big as horses too. We pulled up a ten footer that grabbed the mast of the Nereda and shook fuck out of it. It then started to chew into our freshly cut gummys on deck then spat out six pups! That was between Crazies (aptly named) and one of those potential offshore reefs. You can have that joint too!
BTW, Re your avatar: is that Carol J back in the day?

@Reece by all means check it out, but just have a head about ya mate. This vast coast is a special place but it's not all beer and skittles in the Bight. Good people die out here in these waters. Too often. Sure some things may have changed round here of late, but what remains is that if theres one thing this place deserves its Respect.

*Actually the biggest pointer I've ever seen was alongside Yatala Reef. I see that joint mentioned somewhere here too. A 20 footer biting at the livers hanging from the Opal's scuppers. Yeah go surf that one mate! Ask him if his name is Barnacle Bill (or is she Barnacle Lil?) I always wondered what happened to that pair.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Sunday, 25 Mar 2012 at 8:02pm

Zambezi, I don't think Christo's book would of done anything to the crowds or the experience out west. The only people that can relate to it have been there and everyone else wouldn't give a rats.

As turns has stated it all comes down to respect out there both in and out of the water and if you show up with a good attitude you'll have a great time!

This brings me to a trip a couple of years ago which I'm sure a few of the locals will remember.

A van full of 4 backpackers rolled the van on the way to the beach from Penong. They weren't wearing seatbelts for the first time of their around Australia trip and two who were sleeping in the back got tumbled while the front passenger had to pull his leg in from outside the window as it rolled.

Here's the car after and you can see they were all very lucky to only come out with cuts and bruises.. soo many others don't.

Anyways one of the guys freaked and got a bus back to Adelaide while the other 3, a guy from QLD and two girls were stuck at the campsite for a week while borrowing gear off some of the locals.

The 3 of them were cool as and I camped next to them my whole stay but the QLD guy didn't quite understand the etiquette and was paddling inside the older locals on a smaller day who were waiting for the good wider sets. Although he was a great guy I felt like distancing myself from him in the surf as I didn't want to be associated with this behaviour.

Anyways after a few days a solid 6-8ft swell hit and it was pumping. Old mate Qld'er mistimed the jump off and put a huge gouge in the bottom of his board and then during the surf blew a take off and copped the board to the face splitting his eyebrow.

I drove him back to Ceduna to get patched up and we gave the board to Sunny to patch up.

Now Sunny was great and it'll be interesting if he remembers this, but a generous fee of $50 was asked for which for fixing a few dings within a day in the middle of nowhere shouldn't be sneezed at!

QLD'er wasn't happy and started to argue with Sonny, and Sonny rightfully got pissed off as you would do with all the help the locals had given him and the 2 other girls. I told the Qld'er to leave it and just pay the money as it was very generous and it was dealt with.

Now the attitude this guy had isn't what you want to bring to the area and I guess he paid for it in both board damage and also a cut brow.

I'm not writing off the guy either, he was good to hang around with, but just had a bit of the wrong attitude.

Also on a side note the 2 girls with him, 1 a Norwegian backpacker, and the other an English, both skinny blonde and good looking were the talk of the town! One was tied down with QLD'er, but I got to 'be-friend' the Norwegian which was the icing on an epic trip of waves, especially in an area where you're locally to see a girl, let along a good looking on at all!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 26 Mar 2012 at 5:09pm

good write up there craigos...so obvious to the reader that dont take an attitude into the desert and you'll have a great time even if you dont score perfection...chances are on that coast you will score for your efforts.
...hats off to all the crew that i have ever run into over there visiting us...in 30 years i only ever saw a cupl of blatant acts by visitors...there were more transgressions by crew that were moving in and fighting their way up the pecking order...this was happening at penong-streaky and elliston i might add......smoky-venus are different storys...the crew that slotted in these towns did just that!! slot in! and now they are still there and part of the fabric!!..
..the west coast is undergoing a change and kudos to the majority of the kids that are making it what it is....how can they not in this age of social networking....unfortunatley there are bad eggs that make negative shit happen everywhere but i feel they are outnumbered and fighting a losing battle.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 26 Mar 2012 at 5:18pm

Who wrote "schmucker's fuck off" on the road at the VB turn off???????????..
.i dont get it really...i know you want us to go away...... if you dont know where this wave is then this would be a good sign post to find it...I was thinking you should not have used such expensive paint because its not washing or getting rubbed off anytime soon....so if you are wondering where this epic wave is just turn off at this guy's great signposting and follow your nose!!
mister graffiti artist I doubt you would even let go of the rope out there at 6ft let alone 8 or 10...and if you paddle it i bet you have never made a 6ft drop out there!!

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 26 Mar 2012 at 5:27pm

turns...nah not "carol j" cant remember the name but its my grandpa and grandma at farm beach in 40's?? they were fishing for whiting out of dutton bay....good read turns.......anyone else interested the "carol j" on the forshore at streaky is my old mans first boat and he was and still is the only guy to have ever gillnetted for shark on the westcoast singlehanded. Crazy or broke whatever;;; he was havn a krak!!

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Monday, 26 Mar 2012 at 10:55pm

BAHAhaahahaahah. smucko your gunna love this.... was at a "happening" [fund raiser] last weekend at a laid back part of Australia which had supa8 footage digitised of footage from '75 to '85. Primarily Sth coast NSW stuff. But many of the clipz was SA ... Blacks/Cac/ and others....fuck it was from single fin days..epic...even all the way round to Grealdton.

was sittin' back laughin at the crankies whinging about "NO CAMERAS" no tow ins blah blah blah....and here was all of the above BEFORE they were born.

FARk ...Pambula river mouth in its day...blew my mind.(even as an old Golie Boy).

special note... thanks for sharing Slim.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012 at 8:20am

haha...round n round it goes....i got sent that very dvd from kalbarri 6-8 weeks ago....pambula is the stoke for sure....boys be washn sand outa their crutch for a week after a session there!!....small world=small minds

roolf's picture
roolf's picture
roolf Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012 at 11:50am

i wanted to let this thread die as barley advised, but i have got to ask jeff a couple of things,
can you please tell me more about;
mixing it up with the bristol boys (is this organised/arranged or spur of the moment stuff)
and why/how exactly did u school up wayne lynch regarding aboriginals?

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012 at 12:17pm

hi roolf!!...haha long live the thread long live the thread!! who really gives a shit mate??...gd ta see you want a cupl final bits of info tho...i dont get much of a chance to have my say really despite being bagged about a lot of info thats not correct so thanx for the questions...i never would have got to bristol bay and never would have met sig hansen and many other fun experiences in alaska if it wasnt for a floridan surfing granites back in mid 90's....he hung out for a while and we surfed and fished till our lil hearts were content...upon leaving he said "you gotta go to alaska and check the drift net fishery out" so yeah iv'e done a cupl seasons up there and its all time.Would reccomend it to any kid who loves adventure and loves high powered fishing...plenty of testosterone/guns/big boys up there.
wayne was in streaky in sept-oct 85 i rekn...i took him to a secret spot and along the way i noticed some wild oranges in his console of his car,knowing that these things are only good for medicinal purposes in aborigional medecine and taste bitter as,my shitstirring sense of humor kiks in and i ask him "whats this stuff here wayne?" he replies cool as "they are quandongs,Picked em yesty" i pissed myself laughing as i do and informed him they are not and that quandongs are 98% vitamin c and the kernels in the seeds have one of the highest sources of protein in the SA bush....he was right about quandongs being aborigional tucker tho which i was sure to congratulate him on....despite that he ripped the bag out of indicators on a 8ft pumping evening...looked like a hoodooguru out there from granites.."all over it"

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012 at 4:26pm

hmmmm.....i seem to have a picture in my head of what makes you tick too, brother....funny bout that!! only read about you on here...i dont even have to wait till you die....if i didnt answer your q's then you would have paid me out for not being responsive...dammed if ya do dammed if ya dont....be careful what you wish for....as far as blowin smoke,i dont have time for that crap really...believe it or not!

blackhawk's picture
blackhawk's picture
blackhawk Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012 at 4:45pm

Are you foggy roolf? How can you ask him questions and then tell him he talks too much? Goodness me you should stay off this thread because its catching the "west island left" in the popularity stakes.

roolf's picture
roolf's picture
roolf Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012 at 8:24pm

Sorry I was a little short with that last post as I rushed to work and it didn't read well. I meant I agree with other posts that u give too much away about surf on wc. You have a good story without name dropping celebs and spots, so it puzzles me why u need to. And the die thing was a loose reference to like a good artist your story will increase in value when u r gone(like everyone) i certainly was not wishing anything upon u, it read very callously so again I am sincerely sorry about that.

Vic wa ment and wc all have mystique about them that I love and respect and yes that time is almost up, but most ppl will save it for as long as we can and I thought wc would b the last place to fall but Jeff sees it differently, I understand his claims about tourism being the best chance for development and his wish to do it. but I'm not too concerned about it cos its the only place in oz that is so sharky I cannot relax and truly enjoy my time in the water so I believe its potential to b limited anyway, not to mention it being windy as fuck, its a beautiful place but only to a certain type of person, I love it but i'd rather b surrounded by palm trees and chicks.
I knew I shoulda stayed away from this thread but I got lured in
What/who is foggy?
So I guess I'm not

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 at 9:37am

dont be sorry roolf...thats why the "DELETE THE POST BUTTON" was installed....if you come to the westcoast or check on the net in regard to the tourism industry there and its presence, you will find that the EP tourism group is pumping it for all its worth!

...even the leader of the freinds of scales bay outlaw group is running a surf school sucking backpackers bucks to stay alive...remembering he was kickn fins out of a certain little kiwis board on the beach at the island 23 years ago!!(thats appropraite for this topic of "penong localism" isnt it?? good to see the change of heart...the 180degree spin of spike from hate to loooove. Beautiful stuff....he's not a "stinker" anymore.!

roolf's picture
roolf's picture
roolf Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 at 12:34pm

ok didnt think of that,a bit late but post deleted
tourism over there is good, it needs it, i just think you dont have to tell everyone everything, but the new surf media see it differently

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Thursday, 29 Mar 2012 at 2:35pm

i dont tell "everyone' " everything" i assure you....if i did you would have seen spilsby in the ASMF by now and Tim bonython knows the score..Dont worry mate with crew like us lookn after SA she'll be right for the long haul. I dare anyone to come over here and be rude...if the stinkers dont get ya then the good guys will!! "take another day discover streaky bay" is the catch cry they are running!

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Friday, 6 Apr 2012 at 2:35am

i didnt realise they had localism in thailand...?

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Sunday, 8 Apr 2012 at 9:05am

i didnt realise they had localism in thailand...?

By: "mrsbradpitt"

what you mean angelina?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 8 Apr 2012 at 9:09am

damn.HaHa