Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 5:03pm

yeah shorto,amazing how quickly everyone forgets the recent pharmaceutical opioid epidemic that killed 450 000 u.s. citizens and counting.the silence/smear campaigns they ran against anyone who spoke out or questioned.the false information they peddled about safety.yep nothing to see here,carry on....

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 6:55pm

Delta UK full set of stats to 21st June are coming thru...via collective sources...
Finally share Frontline Vax efficacy on Largest real trial.

Key:
1 dose incubating > 21 days
1 dose immune > 21 days +
2 doses Fully Vaxed > 15 days

UK Delta 92,029 Cases Total
82,500 = U50
53,822 = Unvaxed
28,678 = Vaxed (Breakdown) 20,000 approx" 1 dose ( < 21 days >) / 7,235 Fully Vaxed

976 = Over 50 (breakdown n/a)

UK Delta Hospital
1,320 - o/n Hospital
831 - Unvaxed (This stat includes 1/2 doses > 14 days in 'Unvaxed')
190 - Fully Vaxed = (2 doses + 15 days)

418 Hospitalisations
139 (33%) Unvaxed
252 (67%) Vaxed (Includes) 9 -1st dose incubating / 79 -1st dose immune / 163 - Fully Vaxed

117 Delta deaths
44 (37.6%) Unvaxed
73 (62.4%) Vaxed - Last Count > ( 31% )

8 - Under 50 (Breakdown) 6 - Unvaxed / 2 -1st Dose immune (general)

109 - Over 50 (Breakdown / Doses / 3 unrelated)
38 (35%) Unvaxed
68 (62%) Vaxed (Breakdown) / 1-1st dose incubating / 17-1st Dose Immune / 50 Fully Vaxed

PHE : Fully Vaxed 80y/o = Unvaxed 50y/o (Vax or Unvax Pass?)

(Non Expert) Explanation
Phase 1 Frontline have poor Sleep / Melatonin / vD + rising Lymph inflammation > Less efficacy.
Phase 1 Seniors / Shift Workers are currently timing Quarterly (3mth) Shots to fight off variants.

Note: This Set of stats is important as it measures a New variant closest to equal Vax configuration.
It therefore gives a true read on 1/2 dose Vax efficacy against equal Non Vaxed...
Consider when more vaccinate this was UK's last shot of an uncorrupted near equal clear comparison.
tbb Salutes however delayed & convoluted these Stats got leaked out from behind UK Iron Curtain

As rollouts swing to more vaccinated... then vaccinated will present higher in case/death stats.
Here, Seniors represent highest in Vax therefore represent well higher than rare unvaxed seniors.
As Phases spread younger then they too will represent higher until vaxed dominate covid cases.

As rollout nears final Phases the 'Vax Passes' skyrocket Covid cases, no one mentions this obvious flaw!
Experts coercing to hide this vital Covid alert should be exposed & never work in Health again.
World / UK / Cases / Hospital Beds / Deaths are up & UK Phase 1 Vaxed are at the head of the queue.
All stats show that UK senior Covid carrying Cards are already fast escalating Covid cases higher!
As Rollout advances to wider travelling younger set Vax % it will Skyrocket Covid by stealth.
Same as we see Senior vaxerz represent Higher only Vaxed Youth are free to roam.(re: Covid will ramp!)

Near obsolete Hesitant / Anti Vaxerz are painted as Public Enemy #1 ...but this is nonsense.
News Choppers & Cops are hunting down endangered species (Hesitant / Anti Vaxerz) Almost Extinct.
Rollouts show they're surrendering...so what peabrain thinks this easy prey is #1 threat to society?

Stats show ignorance of Rollout science & PHE: 30yr poor Vax efficacy is #1 UK killer...
So why are Govt's ignoring the clear & present danger which if any noticed is getting worse not better.
Is it because they fucked up & have no answers so spend every waking hour hiding the fact...
Lets comb thru the Rollout & re do the Vax & ditch Covid Spreading VIP Cards before they kill us all!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 9:01pm

Apparently Matt Taibbi copped a bit of flak for his article lask week on “ivermectin can a drug be right wing ?” https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/561153-matt-taibbi-reporting-on-potent...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:07am

The debate continues https://news.wttw.com/2021/07/02/covid-19-long-haulers-turning-ivermecti.... And while Kory advocates for the use of ivermectin to prevent and treat COVID-19, he doesn’t see it as a replacement for vaccines.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 10:09am

I can see this turning turning to shit , South Africa also experienced problems with black market ivermectin either being the animal variety or substituted with something else and not real ivermectin. https://indonesiaexpat.id/news/ivermectin-not-licensed-to-treat-covid-19...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 1:38pm

Had an awkward encounter today, had to visit someone for business that I've done quite a bit of work for in the past, so have also become good friends with, someone that is also very left leaning but whom is also generally very level headed, far from a crazy conspiracy nutter.

Anyway topic of Covid came up, and OMG they got so passionate about it not being real and how we were overreacting and all our rights etc taken away and how we just need to fight back, i kind of didn't want to agree cause it was so much tripe but also didn't want to disagree and causes issues so I was being quite diplomatic, but it wasn't easy listening to all this crazy talk and to still look them in the eye.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 1:57pm

Ivermectin wonder drug? Quick search of studies found mixed views on effectiveness. It was far from clear.

A region of India called Tamil Nadu who outlawed ivermectin was recently quoted all over the place as suffering badly with covid deaths as a result of not using ivermectin while other regions have plummetting death rates implied to be because of widespread ivermectin use.

"their refusal to use Ivermectin harmed them. Not only did Tamil Nadu's cases rise to the highest in India, but their deaths skyrocketed from 48 on April 20 to 474 on May 27 – a rise of ten-fold." Proof!!! Or is it?

Well if you look here:

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countrie...

Virtually every Indian region had a huge increase in deaths (around tenfold) at some point in the April to June period and then a dramatic plummet regardless of their approach to the virus and ivermectin. Tamil Nadu's peak might have lagged others by a few weeks here and there but had death rates falling well ahead of some others. Each region had its own timing on the peak as per local factors and almost every region had plunging death rates shortly after the steep spike upwards.

Correlation does not equal causation.

The dramatic covid peak in deaths always seems to have some self limiting characteristic - probably as those predisposed through poor heath, no existing immunity and / or particular genetics to the worse impacts of covid get very sick. Then this crisis period passes and a lower level of infection and death rate settles in.

I have no particular opinion on ivermectin but just see some value in doing some broader research out side the echo chambers before forming an opinion.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 3:52pm

Ivermectin got it’s “wonder drug “ label years before covid came along . https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/ One of Australia’s best was ignored and ridiculed. https://www.medianet.com.au/releases/189953/

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 5:16pm

I find what is said in the introduction on the Ivermectin wiki website https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin quite interesting:

"During the COVID-19 pandemic, misinformation was widely spread claiming that ivermectin was beneficial for treating and preventing COVID-19. Such claims are not backed by sound evidence."

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 5:43pm

wikipedia isn't backed by sound evidence...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 5:49pm

Yeah interesting gsco that the NIH changed from not recommended to neutral after viewing the evidence from Doctors Hill and Kory. And the WHO still has a not recommended unless clinical trials. https://c19ivermectin.com/ https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/rmv.2265. I suppose it comes down to either believing the doctors,scientists and researchers conducting these studies plus testimonies from patients or believing a journalist with his or her opinion. There is even some articles on the Wikipedia new take on it . Also worth noting is the WHO decision was decided without a vote being taken after Dr Hill and Dr Tess Lawrie submitted their evidence. But believe whatever you feel most comfortable with.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 5:52pm

I'm not saying invermectin is the wonder drug...

and...

"Correlation does not equal causation."

but what's bloody obvious is, ...india went from full catastrophe headline news, with bodies everywhere... to virtual media silence...

very strange

"The dramatic covid peak in deaths always seems to have some self limiting characteristic - probably as those predisposed through poor heath, no existing immunity and / or particular genetics to the worse impacts of covid get very sick. Then this crisis period passes and a lower level of infection and death rate settles in.'

yep, you could say exactly the same about countries where the vaccine has been touted as the saviour... US... UK...

(surprised the anti vaxxer haven't been saying it...)

it's at a minimum, a contributing factor

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:08pm

Has anybody on here had covid (china virus ) or have a close friend or relative
thats had it im really curious to know what symptoms they had how sick they got
how long it lasted and if any after effects.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:20pm

@evosurfer , I’m really surprised that nobody has really come forward on this thread with their own experience, I do recall a few people talking about relatives in Australia that had died from it however.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:20pm

@evo, very fit mid 30s mate had it. 3 weeks of headaches, bed ridden, no energy, return of asthma requiring multiple daily doses of medication followed by months of lessening symptoms including a 10 day serious relapse 3 months after initial illness. Off asthma medication approximately 12 months after initial illness. Firm believer in long Covid.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:27pm

My cousin and her husband both had it- she mid-forties, overweight, ex-smoker, moderate drinker. She said she developed a moderate fever first day, lost her sense of taste and smell for one day, and general lethargy for about 5 days. Him- tested positive, same overweight, ex-smoker, moderate drinker. Totally asymptomatic. Didn't notice at all.

I actually think I may have had it last year as I come into contact with many different people owing to my work. I felt really really tired for about three days then kinda just woke up one morning and felt fine.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:32pm

@zen , might be worth getting tested for antibodies ?

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:35pm

A woman my sister knows was one of the early cases in SA, bought back from Italy. In her 50s fit as, personal trainer marathon runner. She was sick as a dog, in hospital unable to breathe and last I heard was at home still fucked after 6 months and worried she would never get back to full capacity. Long covid is definitely a thing.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:45pm

Finally dug out a guide that monitors both weekly Vax infection/efficacy
15th March UK study (Released 23rd June) + Israel variant Study + Vax Guidelines

Apologies for anti scientific Lancet link...
UK Rollout Infection Rate for AstraZeneca > Pfizer > (No Vax Default) > *More Infectious than No Vax

Days .... AZ /10K....Pz /10K (No Vax - 21.39/10K)
0-6.........19.79/......*26.24/ - (Pfizer Vaxerz > self isolate to Day 28)
7-13......19.08/......*38.60/
14-20..*25.10/......*28.26/ - (AZ more infectious) (Pfizer period > more infectious to Variants )
21-27...16.32/.......*26.67/
28-34...08.51/........11.80/ - (Pfizer more infectious to Variants ...Data ends day 35...?)
35-48...10.37/........08.13/ - (Pfizer 2 doses 21 days +14 days (Standard) end isolation)
49d >..*21.56/........11.95/ - (AZ Vaxerz isolate from now until 2nd Shot)
84d > (AZ 2nd shot + 14 days for safe immunity > end isolation)

Pre/Post Study Notes
Pre Study UK had Skyrocketing 1st Dose age care Spikes
March Study (Lowest Case Period)
June from 49 days Variants now record Higher infections / deaths than No Vax in over 50's
PHE: AZ 80% = No Vax 50 y/o

The above March Stats record as absolute minimum infectious Vax cases / 10,000.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00289-9/fulltext

Rollout efficacy science can best inform vaxers when to isolate thus reducing Vax Covid Spikes.
Rollout efficacy can best timetable peak Vax infection periods for makeshift Frontline staff.
Further Rollout efficacy would time out a Travel Pass as infection rate exceeds default Non Vax.

Anyhow! Crew can see why US buried Breakthru data...from 100% > 5% > 1.4% soon be zero Science.
US Covid media now print Captain America Vax Comix..all are gutless mindless cowards including FOX.
Reporting on Breakthrus is so backward the media have to make shit up or repeat 3mth old CDC dross.

Salute ~ Aria Bendix - Business Insider (CDC are out to lunch & all at sea on Variant science)
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/risk-of-delta-variant-cdc-stopped-tra...

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 9:44pm

A woman my sister heard about from a friend’s cousins brother who’s mate’s dad mentioned it in passing at BWS where long queue’s are definitely a thing. She was sick as an old dog.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 9:54pm

Sorry old dog, I sincerely hope she’s back on her feet!! But you on the other hand, I couldn’t resist being a smart ass.. no disrespect intended.

nomad1's picture
nomad1's picture
nomad1 Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 9:57pm
Supafreak wrote:

@zen , might be worth getting tested for antibodies ?

at least here having had it means one shot not two. So would be worth it.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 11:11pm

interesting developments

coming from conservative and cautious about some stuff (but radical and progressive about other stuff) germany...

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/germany-abolishes-testing-quaranti...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 9:15am
sypkan wrote:

interesting developments

coming from conservative and cautious about some stuff (but radical and progressive about other stuff) germany...

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/germany-abolishes-testing-quaranti...

Interesting, there quarantine requirements have been home quarantine anyway and they are still free to travel overseas as they wish even just for holidays.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 11:27am

I think NZ are free to travel overseas too, with restrictions...

I read the other day, they have 10 000 quarrantine places for 4 million people, and access to them seems much more equitable than oz, what the fuck has happened to australia? ...seriously... when big wigs, hollywood lackeys, sports stars, and a whole cohort of mysterious people have access to quarrantine over aussie citizens...

we had 6000 quarrantine places, and now have 3000... with flight prices now being advertised from the UK at $36 000.... nice work labor premiers!!

and just to balance things... this federal government needs to show some transparency as to who gets access...

on abc radio the other day they broke down how many times some crew have been overseas since the pandemic began, with many having been overseas several times, and some crew 4, 5 and up to 8 times!

how are these positions determined?

If you pay business class, are you instantly in?

if you are chris hemsworths fluffer, are you instantly in?

there needs to be some transparency...

most most interesting some euro countries are now calling corona recovered more immune than double shot vaccine...

that 'science' certainly slipped through the back door, still knocking on the back door in most places...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 12:46pm

speaking of NZ goodness and the tragic loss of australia's once egalitarian ways...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10226057206916949&id=1240070420

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 12:48pm

australia's messed up politicians possibly to learn from NZ goodness...

not bloody likely

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 1:31pm

Flu vaccines have always just resulted in much milder symptoms - not total immunity.

Covid vaccines will be the same giving the body some exposure and preparedness. Just how effective will vary from person to person and variant to variant. This can be debated but maybe this is not the big issue.

Perhaps the way to think of vaccination is that there is no other path for society back to normality and for everyone to have a logical basis to shift back to a more normal acceptance of risk for the long haul.

Vaccines, even if imperfect, provide the acceptable political and personal justification to move away from the dead end lock down option as the dominant go to strategy.

Risk is not gone in the UK or Singapore but they are opening up. Bonkin Boris can now justify what was impossible due to actual risk and heightened perceptions of risk last year.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 2:12pm

BB8-D75-E9-5-DAC-449-B-854-B-9-A59167-B986-F

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 2:35pm

Chris Hemsworth needs a Fluffer.
Who would've thought??

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 2:44pm

that cartoon should have albo and one of his useless subordinates in it as well

because let's be honest...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 2:46pm

Yep the opposition is very sad indeed

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 3:05pm

with such a shit government...

one has to wonder how the opposition can be so shittier...

even shittier than shorten's shittier

which was plumbing the depths of some serious shitty

you've really gotta wonder what could possibly turn things around... I currently cannot see anything that could change the shitty depths of oz politics for two election cycles to come...

ie. stuck with the shittiest versions of both parties in history for quite some time to come

(abbott may have been shittier... but in a general, whole party, talent pool, dire outlook, what the hell do they offer sense...)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 3:27pm

Pay cut yeah few months before an election.

Id seriously take Albo over that socialist.

Speaking of pay rises

"Health Minister Martin Foley says he will donate his approximately $8500 pay rise to local charities, after Victoria’s public sector union demanded the state government grant government workers the same 2.5 per cent pay rise politicians will receive from next week.

State MPs will receive the pay rise from July, boosting Premier Daniel Andrews’ annual wage by about $11,000 to $452,000 – the largest of any state premier."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/hypocritical-union-says-pay-...

Hats off to the Health minister though, at least he knows he doesn't deserve it, dictator Dan though is happy to lap it up

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 4:43pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 5:49pm

I wonder if it will be mandatory once approved in order to attend school seeing as you have elderly teachers.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 6:02pm
lucky-al's picture
lucky-al's picture
lucky-al Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 7:21pm

well ain't they taking their sweet time

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 11:51pm

6th June 6 - 2nd July - Israel : Pfizer Vax efficacy drops 94% >64% (30%) in one month.
https://www.politico.eu/article/biontech-pfizer-vaccine-less-effective-a...
Israel 300 cases day > soon 1,000 cases/day
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/israel-to-see-1000-new-daily-covid-cas...
Israel Airport is spreading the Covid > soon 1000% in 14 days
Calls to tear up the brain dead VIP invincible Covid Spreader Cards!

UK vaccine "Success" breaks Peak Covid Hospital records.
Timeline "Covid / Health Headlines" from UK Newspapers...
10th June 5,122,017 wait for treatment ...climbing 171,720 month (Highest on record)
385,490 waiting over a year..
21st June : UK...Hospital A&E at Record Numbers now at Breaking Point.(Declared as Major Incidents)
Raising fears Lives will be Lost.,,(These record patients refer to "Covid cases" not falling off a ladder.)
Surpassing record Winter Crisis...patients are waiting 9 hours.
Numbers are up 50% on pre Pandemic Levels.
30 Hospitals record higher Covid Cases peaks than Jan 2020.
Some Hospitals with 925 covid cases a day.
Higher Emergency usually leads to increase in short term Mortality.
Beds have been reduced to try & limit the spread of Covid in Hospitals.
Ambos have reported rising Emergency calls & violence against Staff on all levels.

All this despite UK Health warning Public of Long Delays
At full stretch & the situation is unsustainable.
7/10 Busiest days on record are in June 2021...unprecedented across the Country
+ GP's are overwhelmed

23rd June Black Alert Opel 4 Unable to deliver Comprehensive Care
41% weekly Increase in Vent patients > More Covid Cases...
We're seeing record demand for that kind of care 1,378 patients ( Jan Vax/case spike peak 4,077/day)
However new Daily Covid patients 11,625 day is similar to mid Feb

25th Kidz alt season RSV Flu Outbreak stretches Hospitals.(Oz had this Outbreak over Summer!)
There is world wide masking of Covid as RSV Outbreak & vice versa as Kidz Covid....(Dirty Game!)
Note: News printed ONS data on Flu / Pneumonia Deaths were 10x higher than covid!
Consider that Flu is base-lining World Wide...that's quite an anomaly?
UK Health had News change this to associated factors in the Deaths...(Better! Less Suss!)
Think ya still need a WR off-season Flu Outbreak to kickstart Record off Flu Associated Deaths.
But that didn't happen now ...did it! ___World flat line__ UK /\ Summer Flu Peak Covid Outbreak?
UK covid death is 10x higher than reported...as all Vent patients were reported with Covid = (Correct!)
Other than that ...UK just let 1,000's of Flu Victims die without Vent assist....by denying Vent treatment?
(UK juggles Covid Death Stats daily / weekly as a morbid sport!) This last Flu game was just as sick..

24th June 2m UK covid cases have had Long Covid (12 weeks or more)
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/over-2-million-england-may-have-had-lon...

Current UK Covid Hospitalisations are thru the Roof..
https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1412102271148642304

Govt believes it has weakened the link between Hospitalisations and Death...(Cough!) (Cough!)
Apart from Record Hospital Crisis & the fact mostly Vaccinated are dying from Covid...that rings true!
Can always gift yer Tennis Chick another $5m to double Covid again...that'll fix WR Summer Flu Deaths.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 11:39am

UK Covid cases/day 28,000 > 50,000 > 100,000 > 200,000 /day (Can have more!)

Dec 2020- UK (12,000/day) Start 1st Phase UK Rollout Vax ramped > 81,000/day (Stop! Stop the Vax!)
Now this near vaxed society reckon they can at least double this Vax inspired covid peak hospitalization.

WTF is wrong with UK...Covid is not nice & costs the Earth..so why wish for maximum Covid?

UK Unvaccinated 0-27,000 cases/day max (vs) 'Fully vax' 200,000 - 400,000 cases/day (Yes please!)
That's using their numbers....Why does UK love brewing shit to spread endless maximum peak Covid.

Not an expert...but seriously believe less Covid is more Healthy.(Censored)..[f] G /ABC > Misinformation!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/06/covid-cases-rise-above-100...

Poms are under the weather and not as Gloomy as they should be...
Enter the Old School Mad Professor...
Imperial College London Prof Ferguson : There's potential for 200,000 cases/day.
Slight gamble/experiment & could cause some pressure to the Health System.
I think the risk is justifiable & I'm reasonably optimistic.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/06/covid-cases-rise-above-100...

Damn UK are Pandemic Pros!
"Wipe out the Frontline to infect the planet then close yer eyes & think of England! (Top Plan!)

UK Health Record Hospital numbers have crushed the Anti Vaxerz, now run outta ink for their flyers...
Anti vax recovery Rally dates : Restricted to 1m/hospital Canteen - (Boris : No Masks or S/D allowed)

Shadow Health Secretary : "Prefer to reopen in a balanced way contrasting to the High risk free for all"

Closet Punk Boris request : Anarchy for the UK (# Denied!)
https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/john-lydon-a-punk-fest...

Boris -My fav' band is The Clash (Request) : London Calling... (# Denied)
https://www.nme.com/news/music/fans-of-the-clash-are-not-happy-with-bori...

'Fuck you snidey Punks & fuck all of you losers..'
Honeymoon is Over...Boris releases his UK Vax boosted diabolical Delta strain upon the World...
'Fly free my Pretty...spread yer wings..'

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 4:16pm

https://trialsitenews.com/a-professional-social-network-steps-up-in-a-bi... Trial site news, not to everyone’s taste , but worth a read as Dr Malone gets his Linkedin account back .

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 6:57pm

tbb what the hell is happening to the UK? Aren't they supposed to be 50-60% vax'd and thus cases should be going down, severity of symptoms should be less for fewer people? Yet I am seeing in your post quite the opposite, and numbers confirmed via other media searches:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/15509789/covid-cases-deaths-highest...

Add to that, this is summer and not winter for them. And I'm told they are to soon fully open up?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 7:28pm

@vj , it’s pretty confusing with various reports from different sources , it seems both AZ and Pfizer aren’t as effective against the delta strain and delta plus strain but doctors are still confident . Here’s a report from Israel with their latest data and they are a bit ahead of everyone. https://www.ft.com/content/0b3da41e-6390-4f4b-866c-da5c6aec7f5e sorry its got a paywall , I was able to read article the first time

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 7:37pm

cheers Supafreak, thanks for all the Ivermectin notes as well, I'm going through it all and have saved some of it such as treatment guide.
Got some reading to do so as to make my decision, it can be pretty depressing reading though.

On top of delta strain the Ms informs me we now have the lambda strain from Peru, know next to nothing about this.

Perhaps we can look to the UK to see a similar situation to Scomo's roadmap out? There's value in seeing it from afar before going through it.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 7:45pm

"The number of children missing school in England because of Covid last week has shot up by 66%, with 641,000 out of the classroom, including more than one in 10 secondary school pupils.

The previous week saw 330,000 pupils self-isolating because of contacts within and outside of school. But the Department for Education said that on 1 July there were 561,000 off for the same reason, including 471,000 because of close contacts within school."

from here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2021/jul/06/uk-covid-latest-up...

sounds chaotic

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 7:59pm

Big thing VJ is that everyone has always had focus on case numbers not case sick , that article from Israel had Pfizer still at 93% for preventing serious illness and hospitalisation. It drops down to 64% at preventing infection and other reports I’ve read about AZ was that it dropped to about 58 % from preventing infection. Those figures were for fully vaccinated . There is also the delta plus strain its never ending.

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 8:05pm

VJ, the numbers don’t sound good in the UK but there is a suggestion that higher case rate is associated with younger people who are less likely to be vaccinated and actual hospitalisation rate hasn’t increased.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/health/delta-...

About the schools though, that is a disaster, so many kids have had their education totally disrupted which will have all sorts of implications.

upnorth's picture
upnorth's picture
upnorth Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 9:27pm

@VJ the rules around schools isolating are about to change so that if one kid in a class tests positive, the whole group isn't sent home for 10 days. It has been a bit of a farce and fairly pointless to send whole 'bubbles' home. Btw kids have worked out that if you put lemon juice onto a PCR test you get two lines and 10 days off school. School summer holidays start next week so an opportunity to reset policy.

Its now largely younger people now who aren't needing hospital care who are getting infected in the UK. Encouraging to see that despite the rise in cases, due to the vaccine roll out there isn't the pressure on the NHS which we saw pre vaccine. 28773 tested positive in the last 24 hours, 37 people died in the last 24 hours (having had covid within the last 30 days). Compared to January 19th when 38905 people tested positive and 1820 people died in 24 hours.

Positive cases will probably hit 100k a day when restrictions are lifted on the 19th. 86.2% of adults have had one vaccination, 64.3% have had both vaccinations so edging towards the much talked about herd immunity 70%+.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021 at 10:05pm

@udo , the joe rogan podcast link you put up , part 2 has been pulled from you tube , didn’t think it would last , part 1 is still there .

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Thursday, 8 Jul 2021 at 4:28am
Supafreak wrote:

BB8-D75-E9-5-DAC-449-B-854-B-9-A59167-B986-F

It may look good from a distance, but the NZ government is pure fluff and token gestures. They have been big on words and statements, but haven't achieved anything in 4 years - except for locking the door.

A lot of people were excited, but it's been a huge disappointment.

Re the "Good Communicator", J Ardern is anything but. Daily propaganda stand-ups, but very little actual information ever escapes the tightly controlled channels. Yes, you voted for us, and we are your government, but we don't reeeaally need to tell you what the plan is ('cue big smile').