Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 11:34am

Cheers Zen , some of her decisions through out this pandemic have been unbelievable . You really gotta question her thinking sometimes. Here’s the article you mentioned https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/queenslands-chief-health-offic...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 11:36am

hildebrand is spot on, I hate when hildebrand is spot on, i feel the need to post him and stuff...

she is loopy, and yes incompetent

the question is, is she a nanny state nutter?

or just playing the shameless gratuitious partisan politics we now see so much of?

(which she shouldn't be, as she is supposed to be impartial...)

either way, she should be fired

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 12:13pm

I'm pretty biased though. I have a very special piece of hatred reserved in my heart for her. She was the one that personally prevented me coming to dads funeral. I jumped through so many hoops both here and back home and cleared every hurdle. She had the final say and it was a very short email- No. No exemptions, no exceptions (verbatim).

And I'm not the only one that heartless bureaucrat denied and then she has the nerve to get up on t.v. and spruik the economic benefits of opening the borders to celebrities and sportspeople.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 12:19pm

"....then she has the nerve to get up on t.v. and spruik the economic benefits of opening the borders to celebrities and sportspeople."

she's a clown

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 12:22pm

How are the Qld health officers recommendations any different to what Dr Kelly and the PM were saying a week ago?

I’m not disputing the whole hand wringing and double standards about the issue, I reckon it’s bonkers.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 12:25pm

I will never forget her statement on tv when asked about tom hanks being allowed in and without blinking an eye she said oh but he brings in alot of money to the state . And her sidekick declaring queensland hospitals were for queenslanders when a huge number of queenslanders use the tweed heads hospital.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 12:46pm

I guess what is different fliplid is... a lot has changed in that week, and morrison actually showed some uncharacteristic initiative to deal with that change... given his track record, of a total lack of leadership and initiative... that initiative probably shouldn't be condemned...

sure criticise the way he did it, but was it a dumb decision?

not really

on top of the above, the qland health ministers reccomendations went above and beyond what anyone else has been saying, by a factor of about 10!

everyone knows there is a risk with AZ vaccine, its been so widely reported. and any reasonable observer knows that risk is quite small (from what we know...)

and that governments have to overreact to such things, to cover their arses, but also to try and maintain some much flailing trust in the whole vaccine experiment...

she is either thick as a brick, a nanny state nutter, or an opportunistic partisan hack...

and a clown

most definitely s celebrity fawning clown

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 12:49pm

...and a bit of a heartless no common sense cunt by zen's account...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 1:03pm

...or nasty woman... but you can't say that...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 1:17pm

Part 2

&t=0s

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 1:19pm

Is that new udo ? Probably won’t be there in a couple of days .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 1:32pm

Dated June 30 .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 1:33pm

Interesting to see if it makes 1 week

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 1:34pm

Just got a report my wife's mum in Indo now has Covid even after having her first vaccination, hopefully she will be okay, her brother and father have had both jabs and negative, basically her neighbourhood is riddled with Covid.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 1:35pm

Trials with steroid inhalers have shown good results. Might be easier to get than Ivermectin ? but don’t seem to have had much coverage

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/over-the-counter-in...

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 1:36pm

Sypkan it’s all a convenient distraction from the real issue of a messed up roll out. Remember “this is not a race”, now that’s what you call an irresponsible comment

The AMA have been calling out for indemnity for doctors for months so the issue could have been taken care of ages ago. Even now this new indemnity is only for GPs not state run facilities so again it is another half ass solution.

I have seen first hand the double standards from the doc in giving exemptions to the “rules that apply to everyone” so she is actually very compassionate providing you have the right connections

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 2:10pm

Hey ID hope your wife's Mum gets through must be a major worry for her, did her Mum get the Sino vax?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 2:28pm

so your issue with morrison seems to be he's late to the party... a common running criticism of morrison... fair enough...

as I said, sure criticise the way he's done it, but criticising and undermining what he's done seems irresponsible, terribly partisan, and counter productive ...and shamelessly opportunistic...

which is what she did

she's supposed to be a professional, and non partisan...

yeh I get her frustration, ...and yours... but the change was to address the shortcomings

she's now the distraction from the real issue

and has now exaccerbated the other real issue... the real real issue from my perspective... people's lacking confidence in the whole shit show... which doesn't start with morrison...

that starts with udo's and supafreak's vids above...

'the establishment' ...of all colours... couldn't have fucked this up more if they tried...

so much so... it seems that is exactly what they are doing...

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 2:30pm

So many of my old friends are anti covid vax but not for other vax shots, its hard to tell who is telling the truth.They say they are doing the research and all but i just dont see it..im going for the pfizer jab as soon as my GP lets me.Ill trust trained doctors over my old friends anyday.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 2:42pm

yeh, sorry to hear about ibu-inlaw indod

don't wanna lead anyone astray... but, if required... tokopedia and obat mans best friend might be your best friend...

best of luck mate, seems some places are totally riddled with it

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 3:10pm
groundswell wrote:

So many of my old friends are anti covid vax but not for other vax shots, its hard to tell who is telling the truth.They say they are doing the research and all but i just dont see it..im going for the pfizer jab as soon as my GP lets me.Ill trust trained doctors over my old friends anyday.

What area are you from and what time frame are you being told to get Pfizer vaccine?

I contacted quite a few clinics (both private practice and govt.) over the past week to determine when I could get Pfizer jab and most places couldn't give a definitive answer. Closest I got was approx 12 weeks but no guarantee.

Has anyone in the 30 to 60 age group had any success in either getting Pfizer or a clear time frame?

I am in SA btw.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 3:24pm
Cacadajy wrote:
groundswell wrote:

What area are you from and what time frame are you being told to get Pfizer vaccine?

I contacted quite a few clinics (both private practice and govt.) over the past week to determine when I could get Pfizer jab and most places couldn't give a definitive answer. Closest I got was approx 12 weeks but no guarantee.

Has anyone in the 30 to 60 age group had any success in either getting Pfizer or a clear time frame?

I am in SA btw.

Im in Kalbarri and havent been told by my GP when its available just that over 39-over 40 can get pfizer vax. im not really rushed as im not going overseas untill either july next year or september next year, also need a new passport and a new board or two for my travels, i have enough boards but still want more.

I think they keep changing their minds on pfizer vs's AZ too. i want pfizer though.

There's no covid in kalbarri yet so im not really in a rush.But holidays are here and so are east coast and sw tourists which could cause an outbreak if anyone of those tourists has it.
Im fairly fit and resist colds and flus very well so even if i do get it i think ill be fine quarantining myself in my flat.Got about a months worth of food and a good computer if i get bored.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 3:52pm

Thanks I focus & sypkan
I thought she had Pfizer but apparently she has just had one jab of Sino vax, and was suppose to get her second in two weeks.

She is fine at the moment just like the normal flue (although she said different), probably a good thing she had the first vax though as not young and has a few medical conditions.

philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 4:11pm

Sure is refreshing to listen to Brett WEinsteins rationally thinking mind, it's like listening to great music.
Interesting to note how he has Einstein in his name.
If only WE all could think this way.
I particularly enjoyed his advice to young people.
Invest in tools not knowledge.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 4:35pm

Cacadajy, got my 2nd Pfizer jab today, only due to them opening up for anyone that weekend we had a case on the SC. Not sure if that centre is still open to everyone down in Clown Town.
Hospital said they're unofficially open for walk ins, just depends on supply and demand. I know a few people who just rocked up and got it while others on other days did not.
I suppose if you're super keen you could just show up on a mid week day or something at your local hub.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 4:39pm

Thanks for that philosurph

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 5:44pm

Indo guess you guys would be all over it and I know its Indo but worth seeing if you can rustled up an O2 monitor, check out where if any O2 is available or secure some or even look at Ivermectin like I said its Indo and don't know the area.

Very difficult time for the wife.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 6:28pm

All the very best for your MIL Indo and hope you're wife is not too sick with worry.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 7:42pm

Best of luck, Indo. Hope she’s OK.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 8:54pm

Yep same Indo, hopefully she pulls through. My flat mate lost his Grandma and Aunty over in Brazil, it's heavy over there.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 3 Jul 2021 at 9:54pm

Old Billy boy knows how to make a buck , mind you $55 million to $550 million in 2 years is probably chicken feed for him , he does have a divorce to pay for though . https://techstartups.com/2021/04/30/bill-gates-turned-55-million-investm...

johpg's picture
johpg's picture
johpg Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 12:05am
Cacadajy wrote:

I am in SA btw.

I’m 58 and got my first Pfizer shot last Tuesday at the Elizabeth vac centre.

Booked it approx 2 weeks prior, a day or so after the announcement that my age bracket could get Pfizer.

When I booked my shot there was no Pfizer availability at Wayville, but a mate of mine has recently booked in there, so it looks like you can get it there now.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 1:42am

Police State Governor Scaremongerer : "This is getting Silly ... Can I just Stop all this!"

2nd Oct 2020 Qld kicks off Working Farm Quarantine (6 months ahead of other states)

31st March 2021 Qld Mandates Vax -3 months + more ahead of other States
Police State Health Officer becomes World 1st Scaremongerer to mandate Covid Vax.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-31/queensland-covid-vaccine-rollout-...

31st March Dr Scaremongerer becomes World 1st to mandate 'Fully Vaxed' Frontline.
Fully Vaccinated includes 2 shot + Weekly Nasal Swabs but can forgo Daily Saliva Tests.
Qld boasted the World's only most stringent Covid Safe Frontline Force...no competition.

April-May (List of Lazy 1 Dose free for all Anti Vaxer States Frontline) Stand back..seriously!
1 dose on site ready to fire up a Lockdown...NSW / Vic / NZ / WA + swabbers SA / NT
Biggest anti vaxerz > Fed Govt keep pretending their gonna mandate somethin' one day.

18th May 2021 Qld gave up! Got sick of playing it straight amongst pathetic anti vax States.
No one else was serious... so Qld dumbed down with pretend vaxerz for cheap dosey labour.

(Police State Health Officer becomes World 1st Scaremongerer to 'revoke' a mandated vax.
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system-governance/legislation/cho-public-h...

Continues with Youth Vax reactions reactions...sounds right!
(US Teen Pfizer (Enlarged Heart) 5-10 Deaths / 2mths noted aside in this research)
South Korea 1Teen Flu Vax Death > (re: 27 April tbb review > Buzzer Midges in Water)
https://www.swellnet.com/comment/729869

AZ Youth Timeline {RIP}
Oct Brazil Youth 28y/o dies in AZ Vax Trial
AZ Trial Pause
Dec 2020 AZ abandons Kidz Trial
March 2021 France 26y/o dies from AZ > TTS
Georgia 27y/o AZ Nurse shock > Clots >Death
April (Early) UK 3x u30 died of AZ (Blood clots were assumed)
MHRA : u30 are at less Covid risk > AZ vaxerz should be offered alternate Vax"
TTS concerns halt AZ Kidz Trial
US Girl 18 has 3 brain surgeries after J&J TTS
US Boy 21 dies from blood clots (J&J)
UK 27 y/o dies after headaches from AZ.
Oz 13 teens aged 14-17 were vaxed with 'unapproved' AZ
May AZ abandons US emergency approval
Jakarta 22 y/o Kid is Healthy & Fine AZ > TTS > dead.
*Brisbane 18y/o nurse AZ Blood Clots (Survives -Just!)
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/brisbane-teen-reportedly...
June Italy suspends (Bans AZ u60) after Teen Girl dies from TTS
Saigon Healthy 26y/o AZ Convulsions > Horrid same day death
Current
Oz PM orders Teens to grow a pair & chug down some AZ + (GPs say PM's Compo is dodgy)
Dr Scaremongerer : "Teens are more likely to die from AZ than Covid"..shh! Oops! Shocked!

MHRA : AZ risk (20-29y/o)
Serious harm due to Vax 1.9%/100k (vs) Covid Admissions- 0.8%/100K (UK) Oz > Lower.
Australian AZ risk presents much higher comparison because Oz Covid risk is much lower.
Qld Doctor knows of recent 18y/o nurse > 2mths in/out Emergency to recover from AZ clots.
Teen Covid is usually 2 weeks (vs) AZ Teens risk 2 mths near death episode for recovery.

Morbid facts outed by our Chief Health Officer! Qldurrz tell it as it is, we don't do mushy.
World cries over our Death Bed denials...all want Qld to play nicer...we even shock ourselves!
Say it again...Police State were the first to Mandate Vax...see! We can't shock anyone!
Ok! So maybe Vic is pretty pissed about that! We'll mail ya one of Clive's crumpled Leaflets.
So the Wolf Pack tarred & feathered our shit hot scaremongerer...just wait for the curse.

Qld Mandate Vax & tell 'em it kills kidz dead > Breaky TV labels it Anti Vax misinformation.
AZ are too scared to trial Vax on kidz & prefer you don't vax kidz as the dead kidz haunt them!
PM pretends to mandate Vax & lets kidz have shot of AZ dregz > TV stamps it Gold Standard.
Never been an easier choice...Super Stoked!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 8:37am

Thanks for the thoughts guys, i think she is will be okay mostly because she has had her first jab.

I think they are going to try to get her oxygen just incase though.

It does become more real when you start to know people who have been hit by Covid and actually get sick, her uncle had it about 6 months ago and got fairly sick but is mega rich so got the best care possible, and quite a few of our Indo friends in Australia family members(in Indonesia/java) have now had it, most have been fine and nothing more than the flue type thing if they do get sick, but one of my wife's friends brothers did die from Covid last year and was only in his late 40s which is pretty crazy....not sure how healthy he was expect like most Indo males was a heavy smoker though..

There is other aspects that we probably dont think about too that affect people, like she said the whole process after he died sucked as they take the body away and i think government burns it, but they had to pay for this and they didn't get to do the normal process of burial etc that even in our culture kind of have some significance and plays a part in moving on, but in Indo they are even more into the ceremonial aspects of birth, marriage, death etc and the religious aspects, so anything out of the normal process for them is not ideal.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 11:28am

She / they need ivermectin. Supa has been onto it for ever, as has many other parts of the world. Look at India, since they introduced it cases have dropped by >95% which correlates perfectly when our media went from front page images of burning bodies to silence.

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 11:32am

where do you dredge up this garbage from? trialsite'news' maybe?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 11:34am

@shortenism , it’s not me that has been on to it , it was some of Australians leading Doctors, scientists, researchers who were on to it last August and it never got past the TGA and its recommendations. The way Borody was treated is appalling.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 11:38am

@wallpaper , can you give me the media source that we should be listening too ?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 11:59am

Looks like a pretty shit article but I think the question of whether or not social media should self-censor is a discussion well worth having.
Seems like Facebook don’t even know themselves, they’ve just done a pretty major backflip.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 12:07pm

You have to laugh when some of these braindead fanatics say they never watch mainstream media cause its all fake for the brainwashed plebs, how the fuck do they know if they never watch it and have smashed their T.Vs. Using the logic seen here surely the covid virus has been made up by the shit paper manufacturers. The whole anti vax movement is big business generating millions for the nut jobs like JFK junior, brainwashing easily led low intellect, uneducated people to say fuck you to the whole system. Anyone who thinks its all about big drug companies making money is a fool at best. ( IMHO).

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 12:50pm

does anyone have an idea how much one vaccination costs ?

spoke to a friend in the USA/Hawaii, apparently it was $180 USD per shot?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 1:14pm

Bit of a article here Brutus , scroll to bottom for pricing , the article talks about after the pandemic the price will rise . https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/pfizer-eyes-higher-covid-19-vaccine-... other articles I’ve read say different prices depending which country is buying it .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 1:14pm

Bit of a article here Brutus , scroll to bottom for pricing , the article talks about after the pandemic the price will rise . https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/pfizer-eyes-higher-covid-19-vaccine-... other articles I’ve read say different prices depending which country is buying it .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 1:38pm

Thoughts & Prayers...rings more true than ever...crew wish good health to indo's family.
Can see thru Covid separation it weighs more heavy on yer mind & in your heart.
Some of us are less able to travel but see the Health / immunity benefits of Mix'n'match.

OZ neighbours need a helping hand more than ever with 28,000 Covid cases a day & rising.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/indonesia/

Indo Frontline
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/hospitals-treat-covid-19-patients-in-corrido...

Calls for Australia to urgently step up to assist in our neighbour's Emergency
https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/australia-must-urgently-help-indonesia...
Attention turns to AZ being risked on Aussie kids when Neighbours are in dire need.
https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/we-are-in-need-of-vaccines-indonesians...

Oz is donating $77m to help buy Vax...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-01/indonesia-to-impose-emergency-mea...

[ Plane People ]
PM : "We decide which 115,600 mth superspreaderz cough Delta thru Labor State Hot hotel aircons!"
Labor State Premiers have now wedged thongs in Scomo's Teenage Mutant Slave Turnstlyes.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-30/private-plane-allowed-into-adelai...
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/queensland-covid-hospita...

Denial of Neighbour's Emergency plight will leave [ Blood on our Hands ]
tbb is just reminding that our neighbourly Politics will usually run it's course before help arrives.
ADF can assist next door Indonesia faster & easier than locating any remote Aust' State Capital City.
Oz sends Indonesia our best wishes.

PS : This is a Vax Forum...( Chickens 4 Vax ?)
https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-indonesia-covid19-vaccine-...

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 2:43pm

Yep outrageous isnt it old dog, that these crazy conspiracy theorists can question pharmaceutical companies with well documented criminal records including falsifying data, bribing doctors and knowingly causing harm. Crazy fkers are lost I tell ya!!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 3:00pm

You may like this Shorty...recommended by Mr Mundine
https://brandnewtube.com/watch/you-must-watch-amp-share-this-the-covid19...

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 3:47pm

Classic link Udo, So its all to do with 5G and electromagnetism with humanity enslaving micro chips and BTW climate change is a hoax. No 5G on cruise ships or many 3rd world countries. She should stick to her area of expertise( languages) instead of trying to make a buck and embarrassing herself.
This is the stuff our old mate shorty lives for. Cheers.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 4 Jul 2021 at 4:47pm

You’re getting off topic lads... Do you disagree that Pfizer as one example has had criminal charges brought against it previously?