Do you like or hate Donald Trump, and why?

dimitrios10's picture
dimitrios10 started the topic in Tuesday, 29 May 2018 at 5:10pm

I am curious if you guys like DonaldTrump, or do you hate him?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Dec 2018 at 4:03pm

You having a Merry Christmas, BB ?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 24 Dec 2018 at 6:31pm

All good Blowin. Family and friends for a BBQ yesterday and went a couple of k offshore with my son this morning to nail a few very respectable flathead at his favourite spot. Surfing? Not very motivated at the moment. Sounds like your trip came to a sticky end. Did you get the waves you were looking for?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Monday, 24 Dec 2018 at 11:01pm

Is this blindboy and Blowin?

“I bought my brother some gift wrap for
Christmas. I took it to the gift wrap department and told them to wrap it, but in a different print so he would know when to stop unwrapping.”

A bonus xmas bonbon for guessing who's who?

Just kidding, you guys are what 'Makes Swellleft Great'
Again.
In a nutshell.
haha have a good one and for Xmas, be Merry.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 25 Dec 2018 at 12:54am

Cry Cry! It sure is a miserable lonely Xmas without the God Squad...
Good news is Breitbart Store is now open for Last Minute Xmas Gift ideas.

This gift screams Blob!
https://store.breitbart.com/collections/on-sale/products/breitbart-patri...

I thought for Optimist
https://store.breitbart.com/collections/on-sale/products/american-by-the...

For fellow Trumnuts
https://store.breitbart.com/products/border-wall-t-shirt
https://store.breitbart.com/collections/drinkware/products/breitbart-bor...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018 at 12:15am

Trump assures U.S. kidz that illegal alien Santa's sleigh can't breach the wall.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018 at 6:01pm

BB - No mate , waves were quite shit.

Late wet season. No rain and South winds.

Still had the hell time traveling with a good mate who just happens to be the funniest bloke on Earth.

Catching up with family last few days. Put on 5 (!!!!!) kilos in under ten days due to an impressive combination of utter inactivity and steroid use. A couple of good Chrissy feeds didn’t hurt the final weight tally either.

Good times.

BB .....Your son , A carpenter who surfs and fishes ?

Lowest form of humanity, mate. I should know .

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018 at 7:43pm

Yeh Blowin, another fishin' chippie, but he's good in his own way, as I am sure you are. I would think merchant bankers, regardless of their hobby, would be much lower down in the scale. He was into surfing as a kid but then got into seriously skating until he broke his hip in his twenties and gave it away. Pity about the waves on your trip but good there was an upside. I am trying to generate some interest in surfing, there have been a few waves around, but the crowds and the funky conditions are making it hard.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 27 Dec 2018 at 10:17pm

Is today’s ASX spurt the “ melt up “ before shit gets really weird ?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/australian-stocks-soar-after-his...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Dec 2018 at 8:52pm

“This is not about a return to isolationism,” Mr. Bannon said. “It’s the pivot away from the humanitarian expeditionary mentality of the internationalists.”

sounds fair enough.

somewhat long overdue...but fair enough...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/27/us/politics/trump-syria-afghanistan-w...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 29 Dec 2018 at 9:01pm

Did we ever figure out why the U.S. has been in Afghanistan for the past 17 years.

Trump - “we’re no longer the suckers, folks,”

Could he actually be for real?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 29 Dec 2018 at 9:15pm

Although if by "humanitarian expeditionary mentality" Bannon means freeing Afghanistan from the Taliban or bringing democracy to Iraq, I ain't buying it.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 29 Dec 2018 at 9:28pm

“It’s the pivot away from the humanitarian expeditionary mentality of the internationalists.”

The internationalists in this case being Bush, father and son, since they were the Presidents directly responsible for embroiling the US in these wars.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 29 Dec 2018 at 9:40pm

My point being there was very little that was humanitarian (concerned with or seeking to promote human welfare) about them.

The number of people I talked to who really thought that we were going into Iraq to "give them democracy" was horrifying. There appears to be this ongoing idea that we were there out of altruism and Bannon seems to be continuing to peddle it.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Dec 2018 at 11:27pm

I reckon Bannon was being facetious by using that term.

Facetious to the point of being sarcastic and mocking.

Yeh Bush and co. no doubt the key internationalists responsible for that endeavour.

However I reckon Bannon may well of been refering to the self righteous internationalists that followed as well. The ones that thought they could innocently implement democracy from afar by use of drones and meddling internet campaigns.

You know the morons that have labelled themselves 'the resistance' and have now aligned themselves with bush and co. in their relentless anti trumpism.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 30 Dec 2018 at 11:25am

Trump Strike Action continues to Shock & Awe

ISIS [Closing Down Sale]
US Utilities [CLOSED for HOLIDAYS]
Santa- Ban for over 7's
WW III is put on hold
US Border [CLOSING SOON]

Politics 101
(Rep'Sec/Defence)Cheney re-signed sanction buster 10 yr contracts since 1989..
(Rep'V-pres)Cheney open cheque 2009 Defence Contracts expire 2019
Wiki: Cheney is considered most powerful vice president in history.

2019 arrives...(Note: Obama missed out!)

Rep' Trump ends Cheney's 30yr rein. Gifted 10yr Defence Deals for his retirement.
Read that anyway you like but that's the truth...'Timely' Pres collects War Jackpot.
So Yes! Trump needs to sign off on Bush Wars to inherit Republican Warchest.
Sorry if you all thought BAN THE BOMB was part of Trump's makeup kit.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 30 Dec 2018 at 11:41am

sypkan, post-Bush it was always a matter of how to clean up someone else's pile of poo! There were no easy options and every move just spread the shit around. Bush Snr had incredibly poor judgement and no understanding of other cultures.. Bush Jnr was a self-interested sadistic prick willing to sacrifice a million Iraqi lives to consolidate his domestic support. Obama tried pragmatism, but when there is no practical solution, that doesn't work either. History demonstrates over and over again that the kind of catastrophic misjudgements made by the Bush, father and son, echo for decades, if not centuries.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 4 Jan 2019 at 11:10am

Give this man a crown....

spuddyjack's picture
spuddyjack's picture
spuddyjack Friday, 4 Jan 2019 at 2:35pm

Avegunhecan . . . er . . . Afghanistan.
Forget altruism fellow readers . . . pseudo liberation and obfuscatory incursions always come with the usual agendas. "Peaceful" negotiations or any sense of stability would allow the opportunity for key corporations to plunder that country's massive lithium reserves. And yep, while it's all drones and drums of war it's also about the avaricious ongoing geopolitical manoeuvring to sell massive weapons stocks. Win-Win for the mercantile men in the shadows. Where next - Liechtenstein???

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 10:47am

“Now that APRA have lifted some of their restrictions on investor lending, we should see a pick-up,” he said.
“My message to the banks is still very clear – keep the books open.
“It’s in the banks’ interests, it’s in the economy’s interests, and it’s certainly in the public’s interests.”

OK, so more lax lending will be the cure for all the fraudulent lending and keep house prices up... that will solve everything!

Choose the form of your destructor:

We chose housing.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 11:10am

Exactly !

Don’t you love his claim regarding quantative easing in the last line ?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 1:53pm

Hmmm, if most capital (read:loans sourced overseas and punted into Aus housing) is sourced overseas, and they are on a raising cycle, will that QE we print here actually drop retail loan %? And what will the QE do to the AUD? Anyone remember the Australian Peso of the late 1990s (35p, 50c USD)? It seems absolutely insane to make propping up house prices (thereby locking out younger generations) national policy, surely a reset of price to the historic 1.5-3x average earnings would be a healthy thing going forward? A lower AUD would make domestic manufacture more competitive (if other countries actually allow us to export to them, cough cough Asia) and move toward a more balanced economy. Given this is a Trump thread, that's something he's big about: if you want to be 1st world, you need to value-add.

Interesting I came across a line that stated Ireland post-bust disallowed any lending 3.5x over someone's earnings - they learned prudence the hard way.

We could do a "How to surf through the next recession" thread here in the forums. I remember the 1990s as a fine time for surfing even if jobs and opportunities seemed scarce. Rent at $65 a week for a little flat beachside. Earning $150 haha. Time for waves and travel, fix the Kingswood yourself (carby:$15, inlet manifold $5) and dig it out of beach tracks or camp in it while travelling. It was a happy time. I've also read that in Depression 1930's California, they just used to paddle their big wood boards between towns to see friends!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 5:41pm

The next few years could see Australia rebirth its competitive surfing aspirations.

Just like the ‘80s !

And it’ll have nothing to do with the proven failure corpo fucktards at Surfing Australia and everything to do with time in the water for the average punter.

Except....except this time around everyone will be deep in the neo liberal trap of high debt and competing on the world stage for ( ultra low ) wages.

We seriously need a Gilets Jaunes moment in this country.

Sad to think that even typing that into my iPad probably registers me on some algorithm. The world is so fucked !

But still so beautiful when you step away from the overlay inflicted by politics.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 3:59pm

Bloody good points and questions vj and Blowin.
"…He said Westpac’s books were “open’’ but there were limitations on demands from borrowers as people and companies currently had lower appetites for lending"
Yea thats right people can less afford a big loan due to excessive house price coupled with current low wages, and investors want 'stability' yet see demand/prices decline in an unstable economic world.

From my reading at work its pretty much common knowledge as reflected in the publications that the downward trend of new housing development has no forecast that shows where it ends.

I remember working for a guy around 2000 renovating houses for a couple of years. It was so easy to get credit, and I will never forget going to the handy teller and withdrawing some cash for him. I got a printed recipt and was pretty shocked to see his balance at 548k with a big fat minus in front of it. Needlsss to say within those years around 2000 - 03 I saw price houses almost double and him make 100k per reno. Unfortunately due to rookie error and generous banks, old mate soon over stretched himself and he quickly moved from asset rich to dead poor as he couldnt sell a couple of properties he built from scratch, at the price he needed.
In terms of easy credit, all it took was a single letter from him saying he employed me since so and so at such and such per annum, and ka ching, an extra 50k onto our mortgage......pretty sure I'm still paying that off.

Even if the Fed drops official interest rates, it doesn't mean the banks will.
And as for bank regulation and responsible lending practices, I'd be surprised if anything changes.

Now where'd we put that money printing machine?
The trouble with QE is that most countries put it into the financial sector which is almost useless, when it should be directed to the real economy. If it was up to me I'd give it to the single/couple pensioners and under/unemployed who live on sweet fuckall, increase the minimum wage, and direct more funds into creating jobs and training options for our yoof.

The bottom line is that history does tend to repeat, and despite all the craziness in the world I'm still glad I live in Australia. Just don't expect me to re finance any time soon.

Just wondering though, as a side note,

"Where's my fucking wall!"

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 4:29pm

In 2008 the Labor government fed $900.00 cash to everyone which helped kickstart the economy. This was a big factor in Australia not going into recession. The risk of recession in Australia is now high but still probably lower than for other developed economies. Whatever you think of economic management in Australia you would have to agree it has been better than most. The economic imbalances within the EU combined with concerns over Brexit are a problem, while in the US Trump's tax cuts channelled money out of the hands of those likely to spend it and into the hands of billionaires and corporations who will "invest" it, ie hide it in some tax haven. Here the current hysteria about house values is probably only that and there is a good chance they will stabilise rapidly if we avoid the external recessionary pressures. Now might be the best time to buy.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 7:05pm

Yea blindboy it makes me wonder where we'd be if the libs were in power at the time of the GFC. Austerity comes to mind.....

As for buying another house my guess is I'd be giving it a couple more years. Besides I'm short about half a mill.

But I like your way of thinking.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 6:48pm

BB , you’re embarrassing yourself.

The whole point of Trump’s tax cuts - as opposed to the (di)similar tax cuts proposed by the LNP was to repatriate almost a trillion dollars of US corporate money that was hiding in offshore tax havens.

So Trump’s tax cuts encouraged the biggest companies to bring their undeclared profits back to the US. It was the equivalent of bolstering their economy by the entire export dollar value of 100 years in Australia’s export terms.

Who gives a fuck where it goes ?

Shareholder pocket , CEO bank account .....fact is that it was a BLACK input into the US ledger that would have ortherwise languished in the Bahamas or whichever tax haven these pricks favour.
Fact is that it would have been a greater input to their economy than 100 years of the environmentally detrimental , mass immigration citizenship warehousing tertiary education “ export “ program currently run under massive subsidies by the encumbent Australian population.

The fact that you’d state now may be a good time to buy illustrates just how little grasp you have of economics. Assuming that the government doesn’t increase the rate of immigration of course.....

Which will fuck every single encumbent Australian in the arse...regardless of race or ethnicity.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 6:48pm

Well we'll see how things turn out Blowin but until then the majority of commentary is closer to my view than yours. Most point to the fact that US corporations were already sitting on trillions of dollars in cash which they have were not using productively. This seems pretty balanced to me, though no doubt you will disagree. You might like to analyse its weaknesses rather than dismiss it out of hand ....... or not.
https://internationalbanker.com/finance/the-economic-impact-of-the-trump...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 7:04pm

And what is it you think is meant by companies intending to buy back stock ?

It means that share prices are pushed higher and the shareholding’s of everyone increases ....that’s how wealth is redistributed.

The increased income is redistributed as dividends......now is where you tell me that a majority of shares are owned by the wealthiest percentage blah , blah , blah...

But if you had a fucking clue you’d realise that it didn’t matter WHO in the US had the money . It was the fact that the US economy ( GDP) had grown due to a reinjection of cash . Which is NO DIFFERENT from the US economy expanding to the same amount due to selling exports.

In effect , Trump gifted the US the equivalent of 100 years of Australia’ s coal export dollar without compromising the environment or fucking the nation in the myriad of ways that 150 years of “ Tertiary Education “ immigration sales programs run by our now diminished university programs.

In other words , they get the same amount of cash for nothing as we get for overpopulating our environment, water supplies, infrastructure, lifestyles , resources and future ....and youthink the US arethe dumb cunts !!!!

It’d be really , really funny if it wasn’t our nation’s future at stake.

And the US is RICHER as a result.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 7:16pm

Funny then Blowin that most financial analysts totally disagree with that view.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/drewhansen/2018/08/01/triple-stock-buybacks...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 7:29pm

And most vested financial interests would claim that the Aussie banking system needs to relax their lending practices again....

You’ve got no idea , mate.

If you were to count APRA, the Reserve Bank and the Treasurer of Australia as credentials you’d have me believe that Australia needs to drop the interest rates.....because that’s what happens if you discount corrupand assume that the world is a meritocracy.

Though how you’d come to that conclusion is a bit revealing in itself.

Rather than ‘ Truth to power “ , BB is all about “ Truth from what a compliant MSM tells us “ .

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 7:34pm

Well actually I have lots of ideas. You just don't like them. The reality is that, shock horror, those who have spent their careers studying finance and economics are often right. You seem to believe that there is some perfect policy that delivers only benefits to all parties. Sadly this is delusional. In the real world, where decisions involving these issues have immense impact on people's lives, there are always winners and losers. Though you seem unaware of this, the policies you promote favour corporations and the already wealthy. If nothing else Trump's rapacious, though ineffective, business behaviour should convince you who he is trying to help ....... and it certainly isn't the blue collar workers he has deluded into voting for him.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 7:46pm

BB , you’re assuming that Forbes is apolitical.

Stupid, particularly for a magazine with greed as it’s masthead.

Now YOU tell me , in your own words , how repatriating nearly a trillion dollars is bad for the US economy.

No links , YOUR thoughts .

And then tell me in YOUR words how it’s detrimental to the US economy if Johnny Paycheck owns 2000 Apple shares and they increase in price by 20 percent because Apple repatriates enough cash from an offshore tax shelter to consolidate its share register. That means it buys its own shares back from the public and increases its own share price. So the CEO ‘s shares are worth more ......but so is every other American’s shares.

Therefore Johnny Paycheck has more money in his pocket due to the increase in worth of his 2000 shares. And so do I because I bought shares in Apple.

Therefore Australia is also better off due to Trump’s tax decisions.

Don’t believe the hype , BB.

Surely you’re smart enough to think for yourself rather than outsourcing your ideas to vested interests?

Your blind faith in “ experts “ makes you appear as the cabin boy saluting his drunken Captain as he orders full sheets deployed in the face of the impending storm.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm

Share buy backs 101.
In order to buy back its shares a company must have the money available. At this time in the US with low wages and an increasing risk of recession this money would be better spent raising wages. The money would then flow through the wider economy benefiting other businesses as well as the workers themselves. By spending the money on a buy back the benefit flows entirely to those who own the shares. Since a very large proportion of the shares are owned by people who are already very wealthy, the money is unlikely to flow into the wider economy. It will be "invested" in more stocks or parked in a tax haven. So a share buy back is a classic big end of town move to consolidate the profits from the labour of the working class into their own pockets. Apple shares Blowin, have you no shame?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 8:27pm

I don’t own Apple shares , never have. I used it as an example.

But I do own shares , as do many very average people in Australia and the US . We were the recipients of the share buy back.

The money from the repatriation of taxhaven money was injected into the US economy .....full stop.

Most export dollars into Australia are directed to shareholders...what is the difference?

You’re denying economic reality to bolster your ideological tirade against Trump.

To disseminate your previous post whereby I’ve asked you to argue how injecting a trillion dollars into the US economy that was previously sequestered in offshore tax havens could possibly be a negative , you’ve stated how the money would have been better spent on wages.....of course it would have been better spent on wages !

But you’ve ignored the rant that the money would’ve previously been denied not only the wage earners, but the ENTIRE US economy including the wage earners . No one would have the money to spend becayit was sitting a Bahamas bank account !!!!

How hard is this shit to understand ?

I think it’s too abstract for you, so here’s an anology....

ANZ had $200,000,000,000.00 hidden in a NewGuinea bank account because Australia’s tax brackets are too high. Bill Shorten said “ fuck it , bring that money back to Oz and we’ll only tax you 15 percent ! “

So ANZ brings their $200,000,000,000.00 back into Australia’s economy and everyone in Australia sees the benefit of more money floodind the country and the government gets 15 percent of a massive sum as opposed to 15 percent of the nothinghad ANZ kept their money in New Guinea .

See how we win ?

It’s the economy...,fill in the appropriate term

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 8:39pm

So the right thing for governments to do in the face of massive tax avoidance and unethical business practices is to give in? I don't think so. There are numerous ways governments could force corporations to behave more responsibly. Trump, more than any other western leader, has gone the other way. No longer citizens, merely consumers.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 8:42pm

Anyway, Blowin back to my book now. To be resumed at some point. Hope you had a great holiday season. Had the kids and the youngest grand kid around for lunch today. Little bugger is a bloody basketball player! Off to the State Rep trials tomorrow!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 10:21pm

The fact of it is that Malcom Turnbull - our fucking Prime Minister! - his millions of dollars offshore .

Imagine if Bill Shorten had said , “ Who gives a fuck , Mal . Bring that 100 million to Australia, inject it into the economy here instead of it sitting in a bank in the Bahamas and let Aussies take 15 percent straight up and then put the rest into the Aussie economy. Build an extra wing on your mansion using Aussie tradies ,buy some ASX shares ( and increase share prices for all superannuants ) and spend the rest on emerging businesses that may someday become incredible export companies.....”

And BB says ....”But , but, but...... we were better off with the high moral ground and with nothing to show for it ever ! “

And then someone says to BB that it’s detrimental to the economy to bring in more immigrants beyond the point reached years ago , the law of diminishing returns long surpassed , we are now into negative equity for EVERY SINGLE ADDITIONAL person and BB says - “ Pfffff , who’s counting ? It’s more about the fact that I can get a meal from a Somali Australian( previously known as an Australian) within 5 kms of my old address !”

Huh , your old address, BB ?

“ Yeah , I sold up because it’s getting too crowded to enjoy living in Sydney anymore and the incredible rates of immigration have elevated prices so high that I could move to any regional town and live like a king due to the real estate Ponzi scheme of which I’m an unwitting beneficiary. Too bad for the younger encumbent Aussies that dreamed of living around their home towns - Suckers ! Haha ! “

That’s the spirit, BB ! You’ve got yours , fuck everyone else ! Make our young Aussies compete on a global market for a home in their home neighborhoods , it’s only fair .

Fuck that. Australia for Aussie’s first. BB selling up and running like a cat that got the cream,

Halt the ridiculous levels of immigration to Australia. Borders aren’t immoral. Australia is not a paradise to be overrun in order to prove a point.

You want to promote multicultural harmony on a grand scale ? Go prove your point in China. Open China’s borders for the betterment of mankind. Australia has a very precarious , fragile environment. Another 30 million people will kill every single koala, shark , numbat and corroboree frog.

Vote no to the privileged Northern Beaches Expansionists

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm

Trumps Temper Tantrum Ransom shuts down U.S. Govt forever seemingly.
100,000s of careers held hostage to prop up President's Giant Bug catcher.

Animals migrate seasonally North< >South...(US #1 Extinction Slaughterhouse)
The Wall is a direct threat to 62 species including Wolf,Jaguar,Ocelot.
Researchers say a further 1,506 species(163 mammals) also range the border.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-07-25/donald-trump-border-wall-...

Winds of low dispersing rich dunes may be denied to suffocating U.S. dust bowls.
Trumps Wall is a trans continental ecological climate barrier.

We're not talking about the soul destroying Berlin Wall {R.I.P} West Bank Wall.
Tropic of Cancer Wall is ocean to ocean / Gulf habitats +Mtn Ranges + Plateau.

In other times or place such diabolical world-scale sabotage would outcast Dr No!
Trump's seasonal end proves just one Sooky U.S. God can cause Climate Change.

To all U.S. creatures great & small. Thanx for making the world a better place! Bye!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 10:38pm

Fuck that.

Build your wall Trump.

Mass immigration from south of the border will only serve to lower the living standards of those currently in the US including thiose who moved there for a better life previously.....and their children.

How do you think the land of the free plus excellent communications can get away without a living wage ? A continuous flood of cheap , desperate, ununionised labour is how !

Lowest common denominator benefits no one , that is all that is achieved by open borders. Sovereignty must be respected otherwise transnational corporations ....and individual creeps including small business- who have no desire to pay a living wage win !!!!!

Unity for workers across borders is the answer. Don’t let the acts of desperate people become the proxy face of the international elite who have no skin in the game. Open borders serves no working class person !

Like letting a scab cross a picket line . In unity is strength, the working class need to mobilise global communications before it is utterly compromised by the controlling authority.

Up the workers !

Fuck the global elite and their perfunctory political enablers ......this includes the ALP.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 5 Jan 2019 at 10:54pm

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgghhhhh !!!!!!!!*

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 9:09am

@Blowin, RE the wall.

Trump's proposed wall will only be six feet deep. The US-Mexico border is already traversed by many tunnels used for drug running that are deeper than that. What point a wall, one that will cost many billions to build, if those who wanna get in will simply go under it?

It's already illegal to be in the US without authorisation, and by extension illegal to work in the US without authorisation. If US companies are employing ilegal workers then it's obvious where the govt should focus their efforts.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 9:20am

The Trump tax cuts benefited the rich it is speeding up the current re-distribution of wealth from the lower and middle class (economically speaking) to the .5%.

At the very best it should have been invested back into company's to generate more income and then if you believe trickle down economics.....lets say no more!

Any way it wasn't predictably it was used in company share buy backs there by increasing executive bonus's nothing more this not the economy and it wont filter down the food chain the stock market is not the economy its a mechanism that's part of it.

Given the market is tanking and a possible recession on the horizon it looks like the biggest flush of money down the toilet ever seen.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 10:57am

Blowin..workers unite ...ah the problem is who pays the wages and employs them?

The Elites have already won , as they control banks and big business , just like Trump who is in bed with the fossil industry , he is using his position as President to further his wealth , and make money for his ascociates , the problem is he will get busted as Meuller has all the relevant information on Trump , but the great news is that this whole nationalist nonsense will be pushed back under the rug , for the next decade .
The fear that nationalism generates , in that , your borders are being over run by criminals , your lifestyle is being eroded , your future is being compromised , your culture is being attacked , what about more military to protect us etc.......
But don't worry , the elites will eliminate a couple of billion workers , and restructure their lives...and we get to work for them again, lovely cycle?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 1:18pm

1880-85 Great Barrier Fence was erected by Qld Deen Bro's wildcare.
Trump's Wall-3,145 km v Dingo Fence-5,600 km (Qld does borders)
Gold Coast/Qld has also a 1000m high border wall with guarded check points.
We'd also queue in bottlenecks for hours of vehicle inspections to cross border.

The Qld/NSW Economic-Disease control border was real alright!
On northside Queenslanders earnt just half of Deep South Mexicans.
Mexicans wanted in to sample our half price delights.

Mexicans stormed our beaches drooled our Bikini Babes & clogged our roads.
Wiki: 'Extremely crowded Superbank with aggressive atmosphere'.
We mined GC Hwy with 100 traffic lights,slowing Tram timetable to pre steam era.

Today 13 million flood our City + 12,500 settle each year.
Gold Coast gave up on the border. City still has upper outpost Border Gate.
Life is forever on the breadline for locals.(Almost -nill unions it's supply & Demand)
Locals forced to work for Mexican Cartel chains at lower wages than before

GC is a Frontier Town: Workers are mushed by mtr/mile. Just keep push'n Shit!
Quality Tradies at mercy of Hi-rollin' flybyniters...'So long,Thanks for all the fish!'
ACA exposes Gold Coast's meanest Oz Boss/Landlord each & every night.
Even then whole nation choruses... 'Typical Gold Coast'.
Never: 'Those poor shitkickers deserve an even break to mop our schoolies vomit.'

Hardly inbred Euro/Tokyo Hierarchy where trad quality is honoured & [PAID]

Gold Coast/Qld has a million reasons to shut the gates...[100% Qld vote YES]
Fuck off economic parasites bottling our sweat...We welcome all Mexican reffos.
Truthfully! Real locals will point you to nearest free beach [P] & shower.

(Fences = Neighbours) [WALLS v ENEMY].
Gold Coast was most welcoming with next to no walls pre 1970'
Burleigh Bowls Club 1967 is oldest standing 1m high wall in centre of City.
Kidz would run freely between houses or merely play thru the wire fences.

Tourists greeted from Bus to footpath to poolscape to stairs to balcony.(Party Yes!)
Now cube to cage no looking!(pause/breathe)No smiling heads down(Come again!)

Trump: "Walls work- that's why rich & powerful build them around their houses!"
U.S. Ambassador to Austria is welcome to inspect Qld Borders. Who/Where?

U.S.Wildlife is saved if Yanks hand back land to Mexicans[100% Animals Vote YES]

H2O's picture
H2O's picture
H2O Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 3:04pm

Elizabeth Warren has now thrown her hat into the ring for the 2020 presidential election. I had hoped she would challenge Clinton last time, but didn't. She seems to be an very principled person and is no fool. Check her bio on Wikipedia.
Just a suggestion for anyone just retired and with a bit of time on their hands - go to the US sometime in the next 2 years and offer to work on her campaign. Worst case - interesting experience. Best case - you could be part of the removal of the current clown.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 3:41pm

What a parasite I am Blowin! After a lifetime's work I own half an apartment in Dee Why. .........shit I must be in the top 1%. Not like those tax dodging tradies struggling to fund their third negatively geared property and doing it tough with only one OS holiday a year, and you know the poor bastards have to employ their wives to stay home and do the books 'cos shit ain't that a 40 hour a week job! It's a wonder they don't go mad with overwork.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 4:00pm

...and that's why Australia really is the working man's paradise BB. That exact structure you just described. It knocks a degree and honours for six.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 4:31pm

A culture built on the rort. Pay bugger all tax and sponge on the rest. If that's your idea of a working man's paradise good luck to you. I could never stomach being a parasite ........ but it seems to suit some just fine.

spuddyjack's picture
spuddyjack's picture
spuddyjack Sunday, 6 Jan 2019 at 4:33pm

@BB and Blowin,

Very much enjoy your exchanges . . . two bright and inquisitive blokes engaging in a mixture of casuistry and ideological bent . . . would like to have a few beers with you and thrash out the world's problems. Both of you at times putting together solid, coherent and compelling arguments and points of view.

Peace, good waves and chia seeds.
Spuddy.