Do you like or hate Donald Trump, and why?

dimitrios10's picture
dimitrios10 started the topic in Tuesday, 29 May 2018 at 5:10pm

I am curious if you guys like DonaldTrump, or do you hate him?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 8:14am

Blob .....extreme......Pandora's box

Extreme is a US administration that divide's the nation for political power pretty much like no other.

Extreme is regurgitation and preaching propaganda (you know repeat a lie often and they will believe) written by fringe media sites with the sole purpose of promoting extreme beliefs.

Extreme is the naked gerrymandering of election boundary's and then bragging about it.

Extreme is the richest country in the world having 40 million living below the poverty line and saying how rich the poor people are.

Extreme was the 50,00 US army veterans sleeping on park benches.

Extreme is the richest country in the world heading for bankruptcy that will be paid for by the very people (majority) the services/money was taken from.

Extreme is the healthcare system fails to cover vast sections of the community in the US is nothing like the rest of the western world and comes at 2 to 10 times the price.

Extreme to be continued.........

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 8:20am

This pollie knows his constituency.
Check out the MSGA cap.

https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-election/2018/11/02/poll-dana-rohrabac...

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 8:27am

Blob.
If you want to believe the libs 'fixed' the problem of deaths then you are naive on that. You can back it up with Data because the ABS collects that for you. But that's AUs only data remember collected in a bubble for the purpose of the governments objectives and nothing else, what about the real picture? Where did those people end up is a very simple question that you do not have Data for. So do you have all the information you need yourself or making determinations in your own bubble???

It made for a very unretortable argument that one could keep falling back upon and attempting to look genuine in the public eye, but ultimately was little more crocodile tears.

Btw we aren't at polar opposites on refugees. There's much about an outdated Convention that will fail to deliver into a future that faces new and different issues.

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 8:55am

Ifocus

Your cruelty to language and logic is extreme.
We all know bad stuff is everywhere.
You need to explain how leftism has made bad better
It doesn't. It hasn't.
The NEDs who rioted in London and elsewhere were the result of the Left's very successful welfare dependence project.
They had free housing, free food, free healthcare, free education, free flatscreen TVs and free smart phones and Internet to coordinate their looting of sneakers.
Extreme?
Trump is reducing poverty by creating jobs not welfare.

Your pablum is all about victimhology, envy and entitlement.

"This is the logical dead end of the Nanny State. When William Beveridge laid out his blueprint for the British welfare regime in 1942, his goal was the “abolition of want” to be accomplished by “co-operation between the State and the individual.” In attempting to insulate the citizenry from life’s vicissitudes, Sir William succeeded beyond his wildest dreams. Want has been all but abolished. Today, fewer and fewer Britons want to work, want to marry, want to raise children, want to lead a life of any purpose or dignity.” The United Kingdom has the highest drug use in Europe, the highest incidence of sexually transmitted disease, the highest number of single mothers, the highest abortion rate. Marriage is all but defunct, except for William and Kate, fellow toffs, upscale gays and Muslims."
"The great-grandparents of these brutes stood alone against a Fascist Europe in that dark year after the fall of France in 1940. Their grandparents were raised in one of the most peaceful and crime-free nations on the planet. Were those Englishmen of the mid-20th century to be magically transplanted to London today, they’d assume they were in some fantastical remote galaxy."
"
“The evil of such a system is not the waste of money but the waste of people.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2011/08/12/mark-steyn-lessons-for-us-from-lon...

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 9:14am

HappyasSg

So you are right am I am wrong because you say the available data says I am right and you are wrong.
I suppose Doug Cameron and Kevin Rudd were duped by the data as well...

The bar keeps getting raised by Team Swelleft.

Here is some data you will find hard to make disappear with a convenient conspiracy theory: Labor/Greens/Progressive media all shouted that the Coalition's plan to turn back the boats was impossible.
Not only was it possible, it worked.
No more drownings.
And for you to accuse the people who fixed the Labor/green slaughter at sea as having no compassion for those who died and would have kept dying is not only stupid but, and I choose this word carefully, despicable.
Not just despicable, but grotesque hypocrisy, because those 1300 horrific deaths are on you and your fellow brainwashed people smuggling enablers.

Genetically programmed to be wrong about everything.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 9:21am

They kept dying Blob, just not at sea.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 10:08am

Stu 353 deaths occurred in the sievX incident which occurred in a zone which the Australian navy was patrolling. In the circumstances, and in stark contrast to events in the Mediterranean, Australia should have been much more active in search and rescue. This would have significantly reduced the death toll. Two other points to keep in mind are: one, that the number of boats had fallen by 40% prior to the implementation of sovereign borders; and two, these people were refugees from war zones. In particular the unjust and unwise invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, in which Australia had participated. Our behaviour was reprehensible and pathetic right wing apologists and their ill considered polemics cannot hide the truth.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 10:32am

hey Blob, what's your reading on the mid-terms? Will Trump be priapismic or neutered after the vote?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 12:04pm

What's your prediction guysmiley?

Please try to be objective, because I'm genuinely interested, but your election predictions always read like a wishlist, which means I never know if you're thinking or campaigning...

Interesting interview with two trump voters on RN yesterday morning. Really interesting as one of them isn't your average trump voter.

Or at least not a racist repugnant deplorable type the media makes trump voters out to be.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/us-midterm-elect...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 12:33pm

If polls are anything to go by then the Republicans will keep the Senate and lose the House.

The creators of the constitution ensured that checks and balances were integral.

Bring on the House Oversight.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 12:47pm

I have no idea how it will go. If the Republicans retain or gain seats it will be profound as Trumpism will be here to stay. If the Democrats gain control of one or both houses less so.

American democracy is an odd beast because of the gerrymanders which hugely favour Republicans. In an ideal world things would be very different but the reality its imperfect. Sort of given up on America and Americans, we should all look elsewhere to model our own politics/values.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 1:06pm

I think the Dems will just scrap in the house.....maybe.

Trump will almost certainly win a 2nd term 2020 his base have just invested to much not to vote again at the end which possibly the US will possibly suffer Trump exhaustion.

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 1:11pm

Stunet

They keep dying?
Who?
The ones who would have drowned if the boats had not been stopped?.
Umm, they're still alive Stunet
Big call....I'm wondering where you get your info....a crystal ball?.
Cop it...those deaths are on those who supported the lethal labor/green policy, and the ones who would have died if the boats kept coming are alive because of Howard, Abbott and Morrison.

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 1:17pm

Guysmiley

I have no idea how the midterms will go.
The media are highly biased both pro democrat and pro republican
.....and the pollsters have lost so much credibility.
The Democrats are fighting like demons this time though.....Trump derangement syndrome and keeping the right to kill babies has them all fired up.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 1:18pm

Another "gab" fest.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 1:21pm

Blob so much extreme so little time

Where was I.

Extreme is the 1,318 false or misleading claims Trump has made, has that ever been done before? Big job creator tracking all that stuff.

Extreme is mocking a Republican war hero, a war Trump failed to turn up because of a broken toe nail (which I can understand those broken toe nails are extreme).

Extreme is when the family of said war hero invites every living president (including Bill go figure) except Trump.

Extreme is not releasing your tax records because you have something to hide.

Extreme is wreaking the EPA so pollution can be dumped on the punters again.

Extreme continuing to say the left is wrong about every thing

Extreme to be continued..........

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 1:49pm

A brief history of the economic impacts of neoliberalism.

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2018/11/22/financial-crash-that-failed/

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 2:42pm

@Blob,

"Umm, they're still alive Stunet"

You're devolving from disengenuous into dopey - and with a dark, despicable heart to boot.

If the conditions they flee haven't changed - which they haven't - why do you blindly insist they're safe?

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 5:04pm

Stunet

I'm not insisting they're safe
I'm insisting your naive politics hasn't been allowed to drown them en route to Australia.
You said they are still dying.
Who has died Stunet?

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 5:18pm

Ifocus

Extremities are defined by their distance from the centre, right?
You might do better with pictures than words.
Red is for Right

https://brilliantmaps.com/2016-county-election-map/

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm

The great gab continues

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 5:24pm

Blob.

Can you answer this...

Do you believe the 'stop the boats' mantra was aimed at selling to the Australian public that it was important to save the lives of refugees?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 5:37pm

breitbart? The voice of the lunatic right!

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 5:42pm

@blob, whatever they're paying you comrade, it's too much.

Btw just curious, how is the surf today in your neck of the woods?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 5:54pm

You've lost that one, Blob.

And you know it.

So cut that rubbish about conservative compassion vis-a-vis boat people.

It's a load of horseshit.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 7:46pm

But I saw Tony Abbott crying !

Might have just been the onions though.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Saturday, 3 Nov 2018 at 7:48pm

Still waiting for a response blob.

Bear in mind this mantra featured as an election promise of 2013. Not just any promise, a core one.....repeated ad nauseum.

What was it selling?

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 7:13am

Blob , been reading a lot of your , "facts" especially the ones about how great Morrison and Howard.Abbott have been for stopping the refugees , which was very Christian of them , until they put the refugees in offshore Processing camps , where there have been suicides/children with PTSD/Depression etc......do you think Jesus would have approved of the Camps?
There is one overriding fact with Trump that is indisputable , and that's his treatment and ideology towards women.
When you talk about the mid terms , a lot of people have conveniently forgotten that women vote , and "Women for Trump" seems to even polarize the USA more , read "https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/i-realised-i-had-been-slee..."....how would Jesus judge Trumps position on women and Australias policy on putting women and children in camps for years?
Will be interesting to see what happens in a couple of days with the mid terms , we will then see perhaps a clearer picture of all the isssues we have talked about , and how the USA deals with them at the ballot box.

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 8:21am
Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 8:28am

HappyasS

'Stop the boats' was about 'stop the boats'

....for a variety of reasons explicitly stated at the time.

Answer this more simple and germane question:
Did encouraging the boats cost lives and stopping the boats saved lives.

What time do Swelleft have playlunch?

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 9:30am

Yu Stunet

Really?.
I don't see how you have even tried to make a case let alone being able to claim to have won it.
Have you presented even a particle of evidence that Phillip Ruddock, the initial architect of the solution to the border crisis, and an admired humanitarian and amnesty international member was without compassion?.

You may disagree with conservatives, but to assume to know their hearts are without any compassion is a scary level of delusion.

....and although, 'bullsh@t, you lose', is a common Swelleft argument, that still doesn't make it convincing .

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 8:44am

Blob , "Children overboard" does that ring a bell?
So the boats were stopped by creating internment camps to warn off potential refugees , seems to have worked , bit like those camps they had in Germany ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 8:47am

Blob knows our hearts and says we're despicable.

Blob's common argument is that the left is always wrong.

Welcome to the House of Mirrors, Blob.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 8:52am

"Have you presented even a particle of evidence that Phillip Ruddock, the initial architect of the solution to the border crisis, and an admired humanitarian and amnesty international member was without compassion?."

Ruddock was disavowed by Amnesty International in 2000 due to his treatment of refugees. Amesty International asked him not to wear his badge whilst performing ministerial duties.

You were saying..?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 9:01am

Asks Blob: "Have you presented even a particle of evidence that Phillip Ruddock was without compassion?" 

How about we hear from his daughter?

"I suppose what upsets me is that he can't take a more compassionate approach to some of the issues." -Kirsty Ruddock

"I also find it hard to reconcile some of the things that he's doing at the moment with some of the things he has taught me to believe. Very much seems to be in some senses he is opposing some of the things he's brought me up to believe in." -Kirsty Ruddock

So, yeah, he was turfed from Amnesty International and didn't have compassion, as judged by his very own daughter.

murphy's picture
murphy's picture
murphy Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 9:03am

Be careful of the weasel words and just think about how effective that slogan...'Stop the Boats' would be if it said what it really is...it doesn't really mean 'Stop the BOATS!'
What it really is, is...Stop the People! Stop the Refugees!
Using the term 'Boats' was a clever Tory term to dehumanize the refugee crisis, so we wouldn't feel so bad about it...remember that each time you hear Morrison and his cronies try to justify the treatment of refugees.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 9:31am

@Sharkman

Huge reduction in boats has nothing to do with housing people on Manus or Nauru, there is very little to no deterrent factor from this, being housed and looked after all free of charge at a level higher than hundreds of millions live including most refugees in this world is not a deterrent, especially if after a few years you get resettled in a developing country.(elsewhere in the world your chances of being resettled are extremely slim)

The big deterrent factor is boats being turned around, we can only go by numbers not increasing on Nauru and Manus, but seems 99% of boats are successfully turned back, each sure some do try again, but most only have so much money to pour down the drain, how many times do you give money to a people smuggler for a trip a 100km out into the ocean and back?

If boats were not turned back and people put on Manus or Nauru we would still have a decent flow of boats, even in Indonesia refugees are literally knocking on the doors of detention centres wanting to be housed and these places are ten times worse than Manus and Nauru in every single way, Indonesia has 13 centres and are now at the point where they are looking at closing the centres as basically have become free housing.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 9:45am

And no stop the boats means stoping people arriving in an uncontrolled manner in uncontrolled numbers by boat.

Australia is second in the world to Canada in the number of refugees we resettle and number one based on population. (USA was easily number one, but trump drastically cut numbers)

And no resettling refugees (providing an ongoing life) is not the same as hosting/providing temporary protection like countries right next to areas refugees flee.

It's important to note that our resettlement programs and way we resettle refuges is done in a way were all refugees who apply(free) have the chance of a new life even if very small, it's a fair and equal system.

Opposed to giving priority to people based on the fact they are lucky enough to have the resources to travel and pay people smugglers, something most refugees don't have including pretty much whole countries off refugees. (like areas of North Africa were most people earn less than $100 a month)

If we accepted those that arrive by boat it would come at the expense of other less fortunate refugees and in time our offshore resettlement programs would become pointless as we would have no places left for them.

BTW. It should be noted once a refugee is resettled in Australia they will often apply to then have family brought in via family reunion type visas, this is not counted in our refugee intake stats, while in Canada from what I've read it is.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 10:30am
Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:07pm
Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:24pm

Stunet

When virtue signalling becomes a clinical condition your cognitive dissonance may make you invent reality just to cope.

Did I say you and your gang are despicable?.
I wrote that to say those who stopped the boats did not care about those who drowned was despicable.
Read the W.O.R.D.S.
It is.

I understand you sincerely believe you are the compassionate ones and that conservatives are heartless, but that is not reality.
1300 drowned people is reality.

It is kinda despicable to misquote so despicably though.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:35pm

Interesting stuff Indo.

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:50pm

Stunet

Re. Ruddock
Instead of always trying to win the point, please try to stop missing the point.

I know Amnesty were upset with Ruddock.
Of course they were.
They want our borders open.
His daughter may share their view as well.
(You also misquoted her - she didn't say he had no compassion)
What is at issue is the claim that Ruddock had no compassion for the boat people who drowned.
Crocodile tears was the phrase...

Ruddock founded the parliamentary Amnesty International Group.
Ruddock spent his career campaigning against the death penalty.
Ruddock's passion is human rights.
Ruddock saved hundreds, if not thousands of lives with his clear headed approach.

We can resolve this little tiff very simply.....just tell me if you agree that Ruddock had no compassion for those who drowned.

(And 'too little compassion' is different to 'no compassion'....as in crocodile tears)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:48pm

Yeh Indo you have made a good case for your views, factual and polite. I'm not sure that I agree 100% but you have definitely changed my perspective.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:50pm

Nah Blob, you're in tatters.

Twisting words. Splitting hairs. Sniping when it suits you.

Just for you, some compassion, conservative style:

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:50pm

Blob. Im not one of any gang. But clearly you did call me despicable specifically. Read the words you wrote. I can quote it for you if you like.

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:52pm

Murphy

Are you using 'Tory' as a dehumanising term?.

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:56pm

Indo-dreaming

You are exactly right.

Blob's picture
Blob's picture
Blob Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 4:57pm

HappyasS

Please do