What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 3 May 2019 at 11:55am

meanwhile the latest press release from the Liberal Party

Following the news that Tasmanian Liberal Party candidate Jessica Whelan has resigned after making violent anti-Muslim comments on social media, Scott Morrison has declared that her allegations would be forwarded to the Australian Federal Police.

This is just one of many pre-selection binfires in the party plagued by the ‘battlefield promotions’ that have occurred following the government’s historic brain drain following the resignation of Malcolm Turnbull and just about every other high profile Liberal that could string a sentence together.

Gladys Liu, Liberal candidate for the marginal Melbourne seat of Chisholm, has been caught suggesting “the next generation” is being destroyed by “same-sex, transgender, intergender, all this rubbish.” Liberal hopeful Sachin Joshi was caught saying women are to blame for the gender pay gap because they lack initiative and skill.

Peter Killin has resigned endorsing an extraordinary homophobic attack on “that notorious homosexual” and prominent backbencher Tim Wilson.

Jeremy Hearn was disendorsed as the Liberal’s candidate for Isaacs after a series of anti-Muslim comments were unearthed – in which he suggested Muslims were plotting a “rebellion against the government”. With their back against the wall, and Labor trucking through to the finish line Bradbury-style – the Prime Minister of Australia, Scott ‘The Nightwatchman’ Morrison, has been forced to find new blood.

Starting with a celebrity candidate for Castle Hill, in Sydney’s North-West Bible Belt.

Former Wallaby Israel Folau is running for the Liberal Party on a ‘I can save you from going to hell platform’ – after being convinced by his pastors that it would be a good idea to join fellow pentecostal Christian Scott Morrison’s Liberal Party.

Morrison has cited Folau’s social media skills and high profile as key reasons for the pre-selection in the once safe Liberal seat, which is now looking as marginal as every blue-ribbon seat is under this government. “He’s a young, new voice for our government – representing youth voters” “It’s always refreshing to see a young person who isn’t completely indoctrinated by this entitled notion of equality and love

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Friday, 3 May 2019 at 12:31pm

golly gosh guy smiley, and labor have 1 guy making rape jokes and another disendorsed for making anti-semitic comments. want me to list (again) the 5 labor parliamentary member pedophiles (convicted, other than the 1 suicide before trial) all from a union background ? politics (life?) attracts weirdos in all sectors, you would be wise to remember the glass-houses maxim.
you started on this with one nation stuff, personally i think i would rather pauline be a figure-head for fringe loonies than some aryan brother with swastika tattoos on his neck

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 3 May 2019 at 1:14pm

Lounge lizard, we don't mention those things here, just like we never mention all the Greens candidates in recent years that have been caught out doing silly things like saying silly things on social media and get kicked out or resign.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 3 May 2019 at 1:29pm

What are you two knuckleheads talking about?
All politicians of all persuasions are up for ridicule if they do stupid things.
It's just One Nation, Palmer and the LNP but especially the numbnuts Nationals from FNQ are going hammer and tongs at the minute to prove who is the stupidest. Did I mention Barnyard?

Figurehead you say .....mmmm

Twas on the good ship Venus
By Christ you should have seen us
The figurehead was a whore in bed

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Friday, 3 May 2019 at 1:39pm

ridicule away on an individual level, i think its the assumption of moral authority/superiority from either side of the political spectrum that gets up my nose.
i'll see your barnaby and raise you a colston

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 3 May 2019 at 2:24pm

A. In total since the Whitlam era, 42 ministerial resignations have been prompted by ethical failures or legal infractions. Of these, 32 were Coalition ministers. Ten were Labor.

B. 14 ministers have left over performance, of whom 11 were Coalition and three were Labor. That is a statistically significant difference.

C. Over matters of Government policy and leadership – the numbers even up slightly. There have been 48 of these in the last 47 years, of which 29 were Coalition and 19 Labor. The latter number includes the aberrantly high 13 at the turbulent end of the Gillard period.

Taking all three categories together – A, B and C – and measuring the rate of exit per year in office enables ranking from the most stable to least stable, as follows:

Kevin Rudd, both terms together: 0.72 exits per year

Bob Hawke: 0.80 per year

Paul Keating: 0.95 per year

Gough Whitlam: 1.65 per year

Malcolm Fraser: 1.66 per year

John Howard: 2.05 per year

Julia Gillard: 4.65 per year

Tony Abbott: 4.95 per year

Turnbull/Morrison: 7.24 per year

In terms of winning the Ministerial Resignation game, the LNP are the biggest losers.

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/ministerial-r...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 3 May 2019 at 2:34pm

Angus Taylor congratulates himself on Twitter.....oops..

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/01/well-done-me-angu...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 3 May 2019 at 3:18pm

nice work westo

You must know your on thin ice when you have to drag out the bubbling Mal Colston to illustrate a point. The point is taken nonetheless.

But let us all be frank here if there were a Federal ICAC right now there would be an investigation into Barnyard's mismanagement of the water buybacks since he insisted on the gig as part of Nationals playing dead on Turnbull's succession to the PMs job. That and his purchase of arid farming land for a pittance and sold within a year for a massive profit to a CSG company, an ICAC investigation could clear the air on that also.

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Friday, 3 May 2019 at 3:40pm

statistics.. maybe theres a more flexible tolerance of poor behaviour on the left? you could argue the lnp are winners for accountability! (locally in s.a the concept of ministerial responsibility died with the previous labor government and i doubt it will ever come back)

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 3 May 2019 at 6:53pm

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

Statistics back that up ie the content of your postings, Lizard, spaztastically.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 3 May 2019 at 6:20pm

Don’t mistake greed for stupidity.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 3 May 2019 at 6:43pm

And yet both fester in barnyard

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 3 May 2019 at 6:44pm

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 3 May 2019 at 7:56pm

How to vote in 1st Oz Online Election for dummies.(swellnetonians can look away!)
Rule:
1)Each Day a candidate gets voted off until biggest loser is left kissing the baby.

Since Last election over 66 were Resigned,Disqualified,Disendorsed or Swapped..
Highly unlikely any candidate will go the distance without blaming voters.

A surprise double eviction this weekend...neither have a clue..You must keep quiet!
UAP Candidate reckons all future Taxi Driver's kidz are terrorists (What a Joker!)
ON Candidate confuses Drink vouchers for Stripper's Titties (Adults only episode)

Next Week evictions include...
Lib White Supremacists ...not 1 but 2 (Uber cool dudes are mates with SA farmers)
Lib chick calls Bill's wife a Pig then claims Labor candidate isn't Jewish enough?
GAP conman who refused to tick [The Bankrupt box] What Box?

If we count Census miscalculation + Bash the Poofter Plebiscite we had to have.
I reckon The Antfarm gets upended at 11th hour...Oh! Those brutish Ant Bullies.
"Prince George cuts ribbon for billionaire barrister's Centuple Dissolution Election

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/candidate-chaos-how-stuff-ups-and-social-med...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 3 May 2019 at 9:03pm

[DREADED AEC MAILBOX DROP] More threatening than a death threat!
AEC :"It is compulsory to endorse all candidate's criminal acts."(Choose crime wave!)
Be complicit & complacent! [VOTE] for a better class of Parliamentary Criminal.

Writtenandauthorizedbywe'recomingtoevictyoufromyourholeinthegroundparty.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 3 May 2019 at 9:32pm

“Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed.”

Albert Einstein

Whoops, wrong thread.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 3 May 2019 at 9:34pm

Or is that the coalition's truthful 3 word slogan?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 8:20am

Israel Folau - Everyone keeps bragging about their love of diversity, then if someone shows a bit of difference they lose their minds.

Imagine what else people are thinking if anyone ever dared ask the question.

You break it , you pay for it.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 8:33am

The Israel Folau thing is interesting, i haven't really followed it properly and just assumed he said something purely directed at homosexuals.

I saw what he posted yesterday and it wasn't even aimed directly at Homosexuals, it was a list of what Christians consider sinners, which was a silly post as everyone in this world ticks at least one box, so i guess we are all going to hell?

Lot of hysteria over nothing, once again political correctness gone mad.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 8:59am

I think you missed the point ID.

Israel is free to say what he wants. But he broke the terms of his contract (which had recently been specifically adjusted to address this exact issue). So, he’s out.

Peter Fitz did a good summary.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-union/when-all-is-said-and-done-it-s-...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:16am

Spot on Ben.

I can see his legal challenge benefiting the pockets of lawyers only. He's an idiot full stop.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:28am

I just think it's weird all the focus has been on the homosexual aspect, i just assumed thats what the post was about.

But it was only one small part of the post.

As an atheist, that has stolen, lied, spent hundred to thousands of hours of my life drunk, done the dirty on X's (but not my wife) i wasn't bothered by the post.

Anyway dont feel sorry for him, he will retire very comfortably.

BTW. how does the religious discrimination thing factor in to things?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:37am

The trouble with sports people the world over is they think just because they are good at a particular sport their views on the world outside of their chosen sporting field are worth listening to. The trouble is few are.

Israel Folau isn't the first and he'll not be the last.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:46am

I just think ts funny that we are told that diversity is our greatest asset as a society whilst insisting everyone think and act the same.

We celebrate your differences.....just be sure to never let them be seen in public.

But people ARE different. And the difference isn’t always positive.

Cutural differences don’t always just manifest themselves as a funny ceremonial costume.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:41am

"As an atheist, that has stolen, lied, spent hundred to thousands of hours of my life drunk, done the dirty on X's (but not my wife)..."

You forgot being a Scott Morrison voter, and more importantly, a Collingwood supporter, V.I.

Burn in Victoria Park, sinner.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:44am

"... a funny ceremonial costume."

Please tell us you're referring to a Collingwood jumper, say.

Yeah, nah.

Again.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:48am

Immediate deduction of one star for every post with a superfluous “again “ tacked on the end.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:57am

I do like Scott Morrison but ive never voted liberal and i wont vote liberal at this election, as just mentioned in another thread, i do trust them more to keep things on track, but i just cant vote for them, i just dont earn enough to really benefit from doing so. (in a handout kind of way)

On the flip side i dont trust Labor to run the country, i do fear they they are going to send us into a recession plus the influence of the greens on them especially in regard to social issues etc....but if they get in, i will just cross my fingers they dont send us into a recession, and lap up all the middle class wealth fare etc that i dont deserve but happy to take, hopefully they will raise the tax free threshold again or even better the GST threshold.

My voting history technically the parties ive voted for the most is the Greens when young and dumb and Labor and then last time i just left it blank, this time im not sure who i will vote for first but plan to vote below the line, all i know is i will put Liberal, Labor, Greens last, but maybe a party first that will preference Liberals.

Yes 100% Pies supporter and a good start last night to the weekend.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 10:04am

Don’t ruin the narrative with your facts , Indo.

If someone’s gone to the trouble of pigeon holing you , the least you can do is shut your mouth and admit to the false accusations.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 10:30am

Ha ha :D

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 10:33am

Sypkan, Curly, Curls, where are yoooou?

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 10:49am

It's Saturday, the surf is poor (had a good little session in clean waves yesterday) and so it's time for the johnno election spotlight: seat of Corangamite.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/federal/2019/guide/cora/

"Corangamite has existed since Federation and derives its name from a local salty lake of the same name. 'Corangamite' is recorded as being a local Aboriginal word meaning bitter. "

A bit like some local lineups if there are 40 people on them!

"Corangamite has a long history as a conservative seat, only being won four times by the Labor Party, and two of those victories were achieved on the election of the Rudd and Gillard governments. What was once a predominantly rural electorate has become more urban as the Surf Coast has grown and parts of suburban Geelong have been included in the electorate. "

"The redistribution removed Lake Corangamite and the Redistribution Commissioners proposed to rename the seat Cox. Not unexpectedly the new name attracted endless ribald jokes that don't need repeating."

Haha! It's still a better choice than Cox-Scullin.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/news/geelong/corangamite-candidates...

OK - lab preference greens, that's normal. Lib preference UAP, everybody doesn't like Rise Up Australia Party. I think Damien is running as an independent. This is all fine, but doesn't show me the list of candidates yet...

OK we have, in order:

Rise Up Australia Party
ALP
Greens
Animal Justice
Damien Cole Independent
Liberal
United Australia Party
Derryn Hinch's Justice Party

Note Rise Up Australia Party - gets first on the ballot! Surfcoasters are about to show you what fascist donkeys they are!

Seat is held by Lib by 0.03% and has been increasingly marginal in recent years. In return, it has been showered in infrastructure, almost every surf club is being done up, we have new pools, we have lots of highway, 120,000 people going into new suburbs to the south of Geelong, it's been busy town.

Difficult to see it being held given the swing reported in the press, the redistribution, and the draw on the card. Is it true that 10% of people donkey vote? We are about to find out.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 11:05am

and news just in from the Liberal Party

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 11:23am

An aside -

"The plot that failed: how Venezuela's 'uprising' fizzled"

Was this Venezuela's Bay of Pigs?
In The Guardian no less...;)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/03/venezuela-protests-news-la...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 12:32pm

Guy- Now imagine that was about Julia Gillard.

People would lose their minds about the misogyny. Remember this next time someone is writing off a female candidate. It’s not sexism, it’s politics.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 2:07pm

It's a quote from The Simpson's, made, I assume, to equate him with a cartoon character.

Got nothing at all to do with misandry, or sexism, or the like.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 2:36pm

haha, as the father of (I think) 3 boys you picked it correctly stu

and now a newsflash from One Nation

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 2:36pm

Lionel Hutz , attorney at law : “ Your honour , I object on the grounds that this evidence is devastating to my case. “

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 9:19pm
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 4 May 2019 at 10:26pm

Satan's Nazi Party endorsement just gave Libs a poll bounce in Jewish electorate.
Ant reckons the Libs might just hold this seat with final week dick pic preferences.

[news] Labor candidate resigns after drawing Horny Nazi Dick pics on own signs.
Rumours that Banksy was to breathe life into Clive's traffic stopping T-Rex erections.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 6:12pm

Here Come The Lies

Heading into the home straight we have already had fake news, dodgy data, half truths and outright lies but you ain't seen nothing yet. Prepare yourself. Line up the reference books and add the fact checking sites to your list of favourites, because here comes a barrage of bullshit, a mess of mendacious and malicious dissimulation, a pottage of prevaricating misrepresentation and at the end, 24 hours out, THE WHOPPER and we are not talking burgers. We are talking THE BIG LIE. The one so huge that people believe it because they cannot even imagine a lie of that size.

At FIX news they are assembling the footage, carefully editing the visuals, lining up an image of Bill next to some genocidal, mass murdering 3rd world dictator, with the hand of an innocuous passer-by who momentarily grasped Bill's, carefully attached, so there on your TV screen is Bill shaking hands and smiling at Sheik Osama Idi bin Pol Pot Amin. While over at the Daily Tellycrap and The Orstralian, journalists are hard at work forging "leaked" documents linking Bill to ISIS, al Qaeda and an international paedophile ring funded by drug importation. No nothing is too gross, too low or too ridiculous.

All bases must be covered. Rupe and Lochie have called all hands on deck and offered a "Best Bullshit of the Day" bonus to niche vote getters.

" Homeless Pensioners Deprived of Franking Credits"
"Bill's Big Climate Tax On Utes"
"Shorten Implicated In Holt Disappearance"
"Bill To Tax Farts,"
"Shorten's Multi-Trillion Gazillion Debt Splurge"
"Bill Secret Convert To Islam"
"Labor Policy To Make Same Sex Marriage Compulsory"

There is big money involved. The kind of money that does not want a reformer like Shorten anywhere near The Lodge. The kind of money that has become used to getting its own way from arse-licking COALition politicians keen to suck up the scraps from the big table and wedged, divided Labor government's harassed into timidity by Rupe and Lochie. The thought of a unified, competent team capable of pulling their snouts from the trough is causing ripples of fear through harbourside mansions. Corporate boards are in a panic. Additional shredders have been delivered to head offices. Capital outflows to tax havens are soaring. New identities are being created. Forged Panamanian passports are reaching unprecedented prices.

And the cash is flowing, favours are being called in. Nothing is out of the question. With democracy so thoroughly under-mined in its heartlands of the USA and the UK, Australia cannot be allowed to hold out. It cannot be allowed to stand in the way of the global neoliberal movement as it surges forward into its full neo-facist flowering. Bring in the Lads Society, the True Blue Crew, Rise Up Australia. Swap preferences, swap ideas, take to the streets do what must be done ..........

You think I'm joking? Watch and weep.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 6:16pm

Is Bill really worth 63 million?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 6:45pm

“Heading into the home straight we have already had fake news, dodgy data, half truths and outright lies but you ain't seen nothing yet. Prepare yourself. Line up the reference books and add the fact checking sites to your list of favourites, because here comes a barrage of bullshit, a mess of mendacious and malicious dissimulation, a pottage of prevaricating misrepresentation “

Sounds like the approach you’ve taken with Trump and your Russian Collusion Hoax for the past two years , Blindboy.

But don’t let the burden of unintended irony slow you down.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 6:45pm

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 7:03pm

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 8:38pm

Just digesting UK council elections and it's been huge losses for conservative, big losses for labour, and local independents popping up all over the place. The party machines have had a wrench thrown into them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/04/local-elections-bricklayer-f...

"In Nottinghamshire, the Ashfield Independents - a party which didn't exist four years ago - took 30 of the 35 available seats, leaving just three Conservative and two Labour councillors in office.

The party was able to capitalise on what they saw as local MP Gloria de Piero's "flip-flopping" on Brexit. Nearly 70 per cent of Ashfield voters opted to leave the European Union in the 2016 referendum."

It's really quite unreal, so many independents and independent local groups having really big wins, almost like democracy... It's also the British version of the Yellow Vests of France - quiet fury at the ballot box rather than riots.

Next up is the May EU elections:

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/brexit-party-soars-in-european-...

Food for thought for the putting of lib/lab/grn last...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 9:16pm

"Almost like democracy"

The further Australia moves away from the two party duopoly, the better off Australian democracy will be.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 10:43pm

Ashfield in the Midlands, no surprise they voted so strongly to leave and no surprise they are angry now and voted independent.

IMO the Brexit story has only began, a 2nd vote will occur and the likely result will be to stay, making Ashfield even angrier. The false promises the Brexiters made, when the neo-liberal lie is exposed and the conservative narrative is bankrupt blame the EU, blame foreign workers, blame anything but yourself.

I know an pommie that lives not far from Ashfield, he works in a power station powered by burning waste from Canada (!!), anyway, while he voted to leave he concedes the whole area has been in economic decline/ruin since Thatcher closed the mines. No new jobs, no new industry and no retraining, just abandoned by government, like Trump’s rust belt. So is the problem the EU or is it the neo-liberal lie?

Divided Kingdom for a generation or more, and the winners are?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 5 May 2019 at 10:37pm

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 6 May 2019 at 1:50am

The real electioneering kicks in after AEC silverfish finish off recounted ballots.
Sellout sale time -(kev'07- 9 days)(2010 -24 days)(2013-11 days)(2016-16 days)
Ant calls 15 days & a Labor coalition of - Kill Bill Fan Club & Ditch the Witch Party.