What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 9:08am

PRESS RELEASE:
Equiwhore Industries are proud to announce their latest environmental initiatives. Our sponsorship of the Quokka Soccer League has caused great excitement at FUX Media who have joined with us to purchase the broadcast rights from the Federal Government for 50c and an $8 billion dollar contribution to the Retired Parasites Superannuation Scheme. After decades of lobbying on your behalf we can announce an annual Koala hunting season of 11 months, starting tomorrow. Remember only the Equiwhore Magnabore 666 has the power you need to knock them right out of the tree. This year's the bag limit is only 5000, which will be a great disappointment to many, but we will continue our fight to obtain justice for the koala koalition. Early season reports from the Southern Ocean though provide better news. Harpooning has never been easier or more fun with the new fully automatic rapid fire harpoon attached to the Equiwhore Autocetacean Locator. Thar she blows! Ha ha ha. Oh yeh thar she blows! They pop like an over-inflated B-Double tyre at 100k on the highway when one of those mini-nuke explosive heads hits 'em!

But most exciting of all, Equiwhore have negotiated the rights to Astrosurf the entire Indonesian archipelago, from the Mentos Islands to Barley. No more coral cuts kiddies, a soft landing everytime on Equiwhore's patented Astrosurf. Made from the finest crap at the bottom of the fractionating tower, yes the very same stuff that next seasons's artificial snow will be made from. Imagine that! What a boon to surfers, all that sharp, scrapy, nasty coral gone, just pure, soft, white Astrosurf, with an underlay of the soft, impact absorbing Bouncystuff, made from the finest fresh baby seal blubber set in a mesh framework of superflex nanoasbestos fibres.

Now to this ridiculous notion that Big Oil Don't Surf. Of course they do!

PRESS RELEASE
The entire Equiwhore management group recently had a wonderful day at The KP Rancho. We are all surfers now! Cowabunga Batman show us your air reverse! Make mine a triple concave! We are all fully stroked and ready to get barfled. Hang five Dude!

And Australia, we are coming your way. The Great Australian Bite is going to waste. No oil spills, no plastics, and sharks, oh yes lots of sharks. And people surf in those conditions. Oh the fear! But don't worry, not for long. Our plan is to install an entirely new shark free ecosystem. The key aspect is to get rid of the fish. We think a regime of randomly timed oil releases from our 300 drilling platforms could be expected to achieve this within a few months. Shark-free surfing for the first time! This is our vision for the future, a completely bland surfing experience in a chemically stimulating environment all controlled from Equiwhore's HQ far far away in another hemisphere.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 9:56am

BB good to see you only vilify , those BIG religions that don't suffer from vilification , so you take the mantle upon yourself to be head Vilifier ...and correct the injustices that you perceive as being unjust , which for a Latte drinking white fella that lives in a Penthouse , is really understandable ...
I know you wouldn't understand the whole reason behind me saying , Pedophilia is a white mans disease........I could say that OK , Whiteman colonialists were the distributors for pedophilia , which brought salvation to the indigenous tribes of the world....but then philosophically......if you don;t believe in God , do you believe in the Big Bang Theory and evolution......which means we are all the same race of people who came from Africa , so how can there be racism ??

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 11:10am

sharkman, please read the numerous previous posts in which I have answered your baseless and insulting accusations.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 12:25pm
sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 12:26pm

ah BB , I do read all of your posts, as I do from Donald....keep your friends close and enemies even closer......

You Mock Jesus , make up a nice little antidote using Jesus , then are insulted because of baseless and insulting accusations ...so its OK for you to insult/vilify , but you can'y accept the result of your actions in someone reciprocating your bad and insulting behaviour?
I think the word Hypocrite applies here BB.......

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 1:11pm

Put up or shut up sharkman. Where is this "bad and insulting" material? As for not being able to accept the results of my actions, I answer most posts directed at me. You usually just disappear if anyone challenges your views and then come back a month later with the same old shit like abroken record. You feel free to mock me for drinking lattes and living in a penthouse. Mate I don't ever remember even BEING in a penthouse, more your scene I reckon, and latte nah I make my own coffee. I could mock you for being a sell out, promoting surfing across the globe for your own financial benefit with total disregard for the vast majority of surfers, living the high life in Europe, hanging out with surf celebrities for a bit of reflected glory and be way more accurate than you were about me. Anyway, I' m done with narrow minds, trolls and petty fucking bullshit. See ya ..... well let's hope not eh?
I am pretty much ov

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 4:24pm

Flat white every day of the week.

PS Living the high life in Europe doesn’t sound too bad. If Europe is your thing.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 4:51pm

Double ristretto latte for mine. The trick is to go to the same place every day so you can order the regular without having to say "double ristretto latte".

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 5:05pm

Coffee shop coffee? Nah buy a mocha pot, get into the real thing and fly through the day.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 5:13pm

Begin the day in an Atomic way...

These things are heirlooms in my wife's family, people get them as wedding presents and pass them on to the next gen still working.

And then when I'm at work I get "the regular".

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 5:31pm

Very impressive Stu! I'm a Bialetti man myself.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 6:19pm

Straight long black, no sugar.

We order by the box Kuku coffee from Vietnam. Has a beautiful, intense flavour, smooth with a natural sweetness.

Can't start the day without one.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 7:08pm

I might as well gloat while you're here zen. We just scored some yellow fin tuna straight off the boat. Sashimi entree, lightly grilled main with sake and ginger. I won't tell you what we paid.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 7:17pm

You don't have to BB but it would have been worth it.

Sounds divine.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 7:34pm

You could have caught it for free .
This morning crazy dawn .
Caught a feed.
Flat white
Surf

Just watched the legend of cocaine island n Netflx. Worthy.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 7:27pm

Both worthy ways to spend a day.

Nice.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 7:30pm

Long black , no sugar

What. The. Fuck ...??!!

Are you superhuman, Zen ?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 8:29pm

Far from it Blowy, I just like good coffee.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 8:45pm

I don't know much about Derek Hynd apart from what I’ve seen in some surf flicks & read around the traps. Just watched Beyond Litmus. Far out, what a tripper. What a surfer. Unreal....

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 9:08pm

Stu - that is my exact set up Atomic is the best and Zen you're spot on - black no sugar.
Anyone who comes near my coffee with milk gets their hands chopped off.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 9:47pm

Quadruple shot from the stove-top espresso with a little bit of sugar and dash of milk for me. Goes well with a jazz cigarette.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Saturday, 6 Apr 2019 at 10:49pm

Just got off the beach after a big arvo/evening on some thumper whiting and bream . Awesome sunset, and brilliant star show.
Going back to an earlier query from Guy Smiley about losing bait in a car ? Beats my mind , but they call my beast 'the trawler' for some reason. The seagull shit gets annoying but that's life. There are places in there a Hazmat team wouldn't go near.
Some of the melted console / glovebox wax contains things that would probably need carbon dating .
My rear bumper is often used on the beach as a cutting board , and just after getting my tyres replaced last month, the mechanic told me he had the apprentice gerni the conglomerate of sand , pipi shells, worms, pilchard heads and dried squid that was stopping my tailgate from working properly . legend

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 5:54am

Espresso or a long black for me, made properly it’s a bitter and sweet a nectar-like joy.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 6:10am

If I just want the coffee, espresso or long black, if I need a bit of protein energy to get me through without eating, I get a latte.

Sugar ruins coffee. Can't get the taste from my mouth.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 8:53am

oh BB , because you have a brown ring around your neck , ( not from your latte penthouse ..Quote BB ) you only see your own narcissistic view ....and don't see that religious vilification actually hurts and insults people , bit like racism that you so dearly care about.....both man made ....but when you get angry Laurie...it shows your lack of depth in an argument at least on this forum.......and then you get personal which is a bit like the Hitler Syndrome....intellect falls short , so attack with...??

Put up or shut up sharkman. Where is this "bad and insulting" material? As for not being able to accept the results of my actions, I answer most posts directed at me. You usually just disappear if anyone challenges your views and then come back a month later with the same old shit like abroken record. You feel free to mock me for drinking lattes and living in a penthouse. Mate I don't ever remember even BEING in a penthouse, more your scene I reckon, and latte nah I make my own coffee. I could mock you for being a sell out, promoting surfing across the globe for your own financial benefit with total disregard for the vast majority of surfers, living the high life in Europe, hanging out with surf celebrities for a bit of reflected glory and be way more accurate than you were about me. Anyway, I' m done with narrow minds, trolls and petty fucking bullshit. See ya ..... well let's hope not eh?
I am pretty much ov

Now them some damn fine insults for a Sunday morning and shows how far you are removed from reality , especially when you start bagging my persona relative to yours.....you sound like an old jealous wannabe who has been constantly rejected by parts of the Surf Industry ,probably should have tried something real , like being a surfer shaper , so you could rip off the vast majority of surfers wit total disregard , live a high life in Europe ( Amsterdam?) and be reflected in the glory of surf celebs....so you too could be a nearly celeb.......

one of my favourite philosophic quotes," with great power comes great responsibilty of keepin it real!" thankfully you will probably never have great power so moot point!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 9:10am

One of the huge divisions in the surfing community comes down to wax jobs. Me? I go for a thick well raked layer but a lot of people go for a thin fresh layer. Is there any middle ground?

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 9:18am

BB is that sex wax , and do you have other uses for waxing?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 9:25am

Never got coffee, just don't like the taste, even things like coffee cake or coffee flavour milk.

I generally drink water but in a social setting i will have a tea, ideally without milk with lots of sugar.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 9:34am

What not even a kopi susu Indo?

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 9:45am

Clean wax jobs are important if you have no top on.
Nice thick raked is fine if you have any sort of neoprene between you and the board.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 9:59am

I always wear at least a rashee so that makes sense.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 10:53am

Sharkman, do you view questioning the reality of Jesus vilification? Or even indirect commentary that implies Jesus, God, or any other figures or deities don't really exist is vilification?

https://theconversation.com/why-australia-needs-a-religious-discriminati...

"Religious vilification is behaviour that incites hatred, serious contempt for, or revulsion or severe ridicule of a person or group of people because of their religion. Only three states – Victoria, Queensland and Tasmania – currently prohibit religious vilification."

Vilification in regards to law in Queensland for example:

https://www.adcq.qld.gov.au/resources/brochures-and-guides/fact-sheets/v...

Interesting.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 11:21am

facto , no I do not judge anyone who is really questioning the reality of Jesus , there is certainly enough proof to say he did exist......but making fun of or using humor to put down anyone who believes , well , we all believe/have faith in man made concepts such as race and religion...BB only seems to believe race is not the same as religion , which I find very narrow minded and hence BB very shallow and a bit one dimensional.....he also see's the need to make jokes etc about believers ...

I read the links you posted , very interesting to see how much division there is with Religious vilification , and passing new legislation to protect minorities , but at the same time also protecting the 30% of Australians who believe there is no God , which I think covers a lot of the people here on SNet.....who are a minority of non-believers , but seem to revel in insulting believers......would be a bit like me claiming pedophilia is a whiteman's disease...some people still haven't got why I made that statement!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 1:00pm

Yes, I'm not entirely sure what you were aiming at with that statement. It was in the context of the Pell adjudication, yes?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 1:19pm

Interesting post from sally mcmanus about the media and neo liberal ABC stooges...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156179417258616&id=5922236...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 2:12pm

"rejected by the surf industry". Ha ha ha!

I refused to learn to shape when I was working at Keyo's I QUIT a job at Rip Curl and I knocked back an opportunity to work for Surfing in California. Boot was pretty much on the other foot there! No regrets, I just wish all my other decisions had been as smart as those three!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 2:56pm

Re: the McManus commentary above:

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2019/04/06/inside-the-...

Strap yourselves in.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 3:01pm

Hi Facto , it's so easy to use someone like Pell to justify your opinion on Religion/God , when in fact he is a minority ....so for me to use pedophilia as a whiteman 's disease , it's the same logic BB and others use to justify their disbelief in God.....just use one example or extrapolate an opinion based on a very very small sample of perpertrators !
Like judging all whitemen on a white supremacist 's killing of muslims in NZ...

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 3:04pm

BB ,I said parts of the surf industry , does writing count?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm

Well, I have been published in Surfing World, Tracks, Waves, Surfing, Surfer, Scientific American and The Sydney Morning Herald. Plus three books and bits and pieces here and there for other people's projects. Not sure what the count is on Swellnet, but quite a few! Not a bad CV for a part timer. Oh and along the way I have received a lot of positive feedback from a range of surfers, writers and publishers. Of course I have always had the knack of pissing people off from time to time but it has been amazing how often over the years I ended up having a laugh with them over a couple of beers. Might even happen to you yet

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 4:04pm

.........oh yeh, there was a textbook published by Sydney University as well. Forgot about that one.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 4:28pm

Ladies and gentlemen, Blindboy's just played a lovely approach shot, very deep with plenty of slice and the ball's kept very low down near the baseline.
The question is, can Sharkman compose himself to attempt a passing shot or will he be forced to hoist up a hail-mary defensive lob?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 4:47pm

What was the subject of the textbook ?

We all know Sharkman ‘s Hail Mary.....Curren’s cutty photo on the logoless board.

At the apex of the parasitic rag traders usurpation of surfing it was a glance behind the curtain . The stark realisation that all that was required to conduit amazing surfing was a great surfer and a great shaper.

The brand of clothes and the 2 cent sticker on the nose of the board were superfluous bullshit.

Not Sharkman’s doing - bugger tried to sell the Norwest to shift a few units - but he builds the single essential item to surf.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 5:01pm

Water Pollution

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 5:14pm

Well BB gotta say i have enjoyed a lot of your threads on swellnet and not so much some of your views on some subjects but everyones entitled to their opinion as the way it should be ,makes swellnet very interesting reading.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 5:18pm

Opinions are like arseholes, BB!

Clint Eastwood said so.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 5:35pm

Just spend more time examining your opinions rather than your arsehole, right?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 5:47pm

blindboy
blindbo
blindb
blind
blin
bli
bl
b

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 5:57pm

Sunday afternoon palsy, disappearing head first.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 6:02pm

Full bore INTO the backdoor.