What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 7 Apr 2019 at 7:48pm

Deconstruction and exposition aside, this has been the show?!

Old enmities?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:54am

I’ve never been into cooked breakfasts, a good homemade muesli the best Greek yogurt I can find and plenty of seasonal fruits, same with my wife .... unless a buffet is on offer and then she goes in head first ... bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushroom and then she has her muesli all the while saying she has to get her money’s worth! She’s a disgrace.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 7:40am

oh BB , is all you have done is write words , published , ha pissed people off with some of what you wrote ...now there's an M O to be proud of.......you never got to the next stage of actually doing anything , at least I sold my soul , profited enormously from the sale , don;t give a rats about surfing in general and fuck am really old , not white , but am starting a surf supremacist cult , might need a good writer , know anyone?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 8:05am

Been a bit of action in this thread. Might have to refresh the Code of Conduct: No naming people. Even if you know who they are, or even if you think other people do too, they still have a right to anonymity.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 9:36am

Are we allowed to name you Stu?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 10:13am

Who?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 11:06am

Ha ha, funny Guy.

Mine too, don't get between her and a breakfast buffet.

I'm like you, muesli, natural yoghurt, fruits.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 1:29pm

“Be a good editor. The Universe needs more good editors, God knows.”

Kurt Vonnegut.

Whoops, wrong thread.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:01pm

With the election iminient does anyone give the Liar from the Shire any chance?

Personally, I’m thinking it’s going to be a landslide to Labor, Antony Green will be calling it about the time the polling booths open. Any real interest ought to be in the big names that will be voted out (Abbot? Dutton? Barnyard? Hunt?) and the state of infighting in the LNP post the apocalypse.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 4:59pm

Shit Guy, don't tempt fate.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:04pm

Sorry Andy, I’ve gone there!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:09pm

He doesn't come from the Shire...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:11pm

Doesn’t his electorate cover the Shire or a good part of it?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:15pm

Yes, but he's 'from' Bronte in the Eastern Suburbs.

Just need to get that straight.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:19pm

Like Andy said.

24hrs is a long time in politics.

Its going to be a long 5 weeks, whenever that actually begins....and I've lost count of how many government ads seen and heard.

As for Abbott, my heart sank when he got elected, and I would find great satisfaction in seeing him lose to Zali.

Never underestimate a well know Independent with integrity who is not a career politician.
Our local NSW Independent won his second term in office in the recent election with the highest primary vote in every voter booth.

Time weill tell.

Again.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:30pm

Well, I’d say that Rupert has decided on calling the election at the last possible moment so that he has a chance to use his media and blitzkreig Australia with his propaganda. Surprising how none of the political commentators have picked up on this.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 5:51pm

The liar representing the Shire ...

Good with that chief?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 6:06pm

Factually correct. Still not good with it.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 6:17pm

Yeah it’s cheap, it seemed funny somehow a couple of hours ago ....

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 7:39pm

Enjoyed reading the balanced views / opinions in the Australian.............hahahaha

Polls will close as we get closer

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Monday, 8 Apr 2019 at 7:39pm

Wonder who's brain wave this was?

"Pharmacists 'furious' about guild's $15,000 One Nation donation
Union has received complaints from many in sector, including Pharmacy Guild members"

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/apr/08/pharmacists-furio...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 11:13am

Polls tighten to 48/52. What if ScoMo wins?? I got a baaaaaaaad feeling lol

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 11:14am

Now you've done it Guy!

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 12:37pm

give you guys a tip when it comes to elections , watch the polls , but believe the Bookies...as when people put money where there mouth is.....now that's a reality check.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 1:09pm

Suuuuuuure, sharkman https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/24/bookies-got-eu-vote-wro...

You see.... We live in a different time

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 1:14pm

“The truth is that bookies do not offer markets on political events to help people forecast the results. We do it to turn a profit "

Alternative reality sharkman?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 2:29pm

Geeeez you guys need to grow some ..... because of electoral boundary redistributions Scomo has already notionally already lost 4 seats and therefore the election and government.

Two of those four seats are in Victoria and please let me reassure you it will be armageddon for the LNP in Victoria, the state that has only voted in two LNP state governments in the last 20 plus years and the tradional home of the Liberal Party of Menzies and Fraser. The right-tards in the LNP can talk about their base all they like, the former moderate liberal voters of Victoria are red hot angry and will vote accordingly.

The trouble for the LNP is for the last 6 years they have taken Murdoch as their base and Jones as the man in thestreet ... wrong

Just heard that Price has today signed off on the last environmental approvals for Adani, that decision might go down well with the yokels of FNQ but voters everywhere else concerned for the environment will take a different view ... the LNP are trashing the joint on the way out

Frydenberg, the smirking smooth-sayer, failed Mr NEG and failed treasurer, all ambition and no substance, is also likely to be unemployed soon, a good thing. Also hoping Hunt the worse environment mininster ever goes down.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 2:19pm

Just checked Ladbrokes and ALP 1.16 Coalition 5, sharkman is on the money with this one.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 2:24pm

Yep SM is on it, especially when it's that short.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 2:50pm

Roughly the same odds they gave Trump.

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 2:58pm

back em in guy! a dollar will get you 16 cents, beats collecting the pension. put your house on it big feller! looks a pretty safe bet to me

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 3:19pm

"The Morrison government has moved to end a damaging split over the Adani coal mine and granted the controversial project its final Commonwealth environmental approval.
The mine still needs approvals by the Queensland Labor government before it goes ahead."

"After days of threats and protest by Queensland Coalition MPs, federal Environment Minister Melissa Price announced on Tuesday the final approval relating to the mine's impact on groundwater.
She said the approval was granted on the basis of scientific evidence, not internal political pressure."

Reckon this'll influence anything?

https://www.afr.com/news/politics/national/morrison-government-approves-...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 3:24pm

I dunno, ask the muppets on here who think ProMo is the answer...

(what the fuck is the question??)

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 3:31pm

In Gosford today was Scomo and Cash talking like they are the saviours of the Cenny Coast.

Michaelia Cash talking about the devastating effects of introducing more electric vehicles

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 3:49pm

"Save out utes" now that's a government of substance

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 4:18pm

The question is, will the LNP's absolute confirmation of their support for the Adani mine make any difference to their polling?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 4:35pm

Looks like more political LNP pontification to appease certain QLD factions.

As for the effect on polling I think there would be a bounce in areas that are going to benefit, but for the majority of Australians it would have to be seen for what it is, stuck in the past politics.

Besides I was under the impression that no bank in the world wants to back Adani.

And even after today's announcement "Environment Minister Melissa Price said on Tuesday the project still needed nine further approvals from the Federal and Queensland state governments before mining can start."

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 4:48pm

More backward-looking political posturing with no real substance in light of required Qld approvals then.
History aint going to be kind to them.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 4:49pm

Not a betting man for two reasons - a teacher told me that you never see a bookie going to the races in a tram and two went out with a bookie’s daughter for awhile. Daddy’s house was a four story terrace in East Melbourne, confirming my teacher’s guidance.

None the less labor ought to be unbackable odds.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 5:02pm

Can anyone explain, with Libs being on the nose so much and much talk/odds/historical parallel for ALP win, how Lib won in NSW election?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 5:04pm

"we are going to stand by our tradies and we are going to save their utes"

tell me this is all but a dream, this can't be real?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 5:12pm

I wonder if SloMo realises that the Fastest Electric Vehicle Super Chargers on the planet are made in Brisbane by @TritiumAus where 250 Qld workers (& growing) manufacture this high tech, exporting to 26 nations around the world..

@vj re NSW Lib win. I reckon it had something to do with "You will pay Daley"

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 5:24pm

Was that their campaign slogan?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 5:30pm

Ha no that was the liberal attack ad slogan combined with a timely video release of Daley claiming that Asian immigrants are “taking the jobs” of young Australians. ... They are being replaced by young people from typically Asia with PhDs,” he said.

Not sure if that was the only reasons for the Lib win but it certainly put a stop to the momentum he had been gathering.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 6:35pm

The vegans don’t want you to stop eating animals do they ?

They just want industrial livestock practices to be reformed. If you don’t agree there’s something wrong going on.

Scomo is a proper piece of shit. Not a fit and proper person to be running a McDonald’s drive through let alone be leading the country.

Watch Dominion on YouTube if you dispute that there’s a comprehensive change of thought required in order to feed the world.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 7:33pm

[breaking News] DuttoSamSanto's dim-sim dipping sauce is a bit rich.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-09/malcolm-turnbull-slams-dutton-mor...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 8:56pm

"Scomo is a proper piece of shit. Not a fit and proper person to be running a McDonald’s drive through let alone be leading the country."

Engadine Maccas?

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/scott-morrison-shat-himself-at-engadine-m...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 10:11pm

Not many vegans think like that Blowin most vegans do want use to stop eating meat, they are no different to religious people that think we all must follow their beliefs and do as they do.

Best comment i saw on social media today:

Q. What have you got when you have a vegan up to his neck in sand?

A. Not enough sand..

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 at 10:16pm

What makes you say 'most', indo?
Are you just assuming?
No one I know puts their beliefs on me and I eat plenty of meat.

But I won't say that I know as that's a very small snapshot. I'd love to know how you know though.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019 at 7:45am

It’s not about the vegans , Indo. That’s an ad hominem diversion from addressing the topic.

It’s about HOW we source our food, not what we eat. Watch the section in the documentary about the egg laying chickens. The vast , vast majority of eggs are provided by a small group of farms - 50 I think - which aren’t run by “poor Aussie farmers who battled the drought “ .

It’s Scomo protecting big businesses with unconscionable business practices in order to maximise profit. Same as he always does.

The fact that he’s vilifying the protesters and that he’s got the attorney general threatening $420K fines and personally bankrolled lawsuits ( hahah ! ) shows just how ruthless the LNP are when it comes to defending the rights of their donors to make as much profit as possible at any expense.

No person or animal should be treated as those chickens get treated.

Watch the docco. Forget that animals are killed, that’s necessary. Check how they are forced to live.

Criminal!