Australia Uber Alles

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Sunday, 9 Aug 2015 at 2:23pm

A student, a decent young woman, dragged away in front of all... 2 months and she would've graduated.... This is the modern Australia....

http://www.theage.com.au/queensland/brisbane-student-dragged-on-ground-s...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 13 Aug 2015 at 11:34am

Shats......
"If I am to become a monster, a monster of empathy and generosity I shall be"
(old man sheepdog)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 13 Aug 2015 at 7:20pm

Heartless Australians - providing accommodation , food , medical, support services , legal services , free education and cash money to a lady for a couple of years till it was proven she was not a refugee , merely someone that would prefer to reside in Australia.

Probably get paid a tidey lump sum to repatriate as well.

All courtesy of the Aussie taxpayer.

Courtesy of the minority percent of Aussies that are net taxpayers anyway.

Monstrous Australians.....have they no heart ?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 13 Aug 2015 at 7:37pm
Blowin wrote:

Heartless Australians - providing accommodation , food , medical, support services , legal services , free education and cash money to a lady for a couple of years till it was proven she was not a refugee , merely someone that would prefer to reside in Australia.

Probably get paid a tidey lump sum to repatriate as well.

All courtesy of the Aussie taxpayer.

Courtesy of the minority percent of Aussies that are net taxpayers anyway.

Monstrous Australians.....have they no heart ?

And how much fuckn tax do you personally contribute, buddy??? And how much of that tax goes to her? And how much of that tax goes to the 80 fuckn million dollar crooked royal commission headed by a liberal stooge? Do I hear blowin whinging about that??? NOOOOO!!!!!! ouldn't want to take on a hard target.... And how much of your tax is going to this pissant war effort in Iraq????? Do we hear blowin whinging about that???? Ooooh NOOOOO thats unpatriotic!!!! And how much of your tax goes to Chopper rides, and taxis and Joe Hockeys Houses???? Ohhh better not stick my neck out there.....I'll stick to soft targets like boat people and aboriginals..... Right?????

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 13 Aug 2015 at 8:55pm

You do love conflating the issues when things get hard don't you Sheepy ?

Of course I don't wish to contribute a cent to any of those other items, but you already know this.

It's just uncomfortable for you to be able to focus on the discussion we're having - that Australians are heartless for this women's treatment.

I stated a few facts that were conflicting with your point of view and you got upset as you had no retort rather than to dance around the issue.

At least $250,000 .

That's how much this lady would have cost the taxpayer over two years.

Not including any of the bureaucracy , administration or infrastructure required to process her fraudulent claim.

I pay quite a lot of tax Sheepy.

So do you still think Australians are heartless after I've pointed out what they did do for her as opposed to what they didn't , which is all you seem to focus on.

PS. Don't forget where $250,000 comes from.

Assuming that you paid $5000 tax last year then that is the equivalent of 50 Sheepdogs ENTIRE tax contribution deducted from our community chest.

50 Sheepdogs working for a whole year.....that's assuming none of these Sheepdogs utilised any tax dollars themselves of course by using things such as hospitals, roads , police...etc etc

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 13 Aug 2015 at 9:38pm

"You do love conflating the issues when things get hard don't you Sheepy ?"

I love it about as much as you love being smug... Now this 250 000 bucks.... Show me how she cost the taxpayer 250k..... Cmon, buddy.....

$5000 tax???????? Wtf????? I paid a gutload more than that.... We also employed people, blowin.... We also acted as fucking gst collection agency for the bloody government over the past 1/2 a decade.... But the difference is i don't brag about it, or use it as some form of elitist bullshit, or rally the troops with it....
I just fuckn pay it..... In fact, as you know, i just sold the property and business.... Do you know how much gst I had to pay on Real estate agent fees, lawyers fees, pre sale building reports???? Do you know that when we buy a property here, how much stamp duty I will have to pay??? So don't give me this tax bullshit, mate....
Now show me how she would cost $125 000 per year.... Then show me what she would do with this imaginary $125 000 (the cost of one bombing run over bagdad by one plane)..........She'd be sending it to Iran you'd probably say..... I'd reckon he'd be spending it by paying inflated rent to an Australian property owner. Maybe chucking a few bucks to woolies buying that damned halal vegemite, and maybe the rest on buying usb sticks, laptops, pens, paper for education..... She'd be stimulating the economy..... Cos that what welfare does..... Many little "white fella" towns in Tassie are full of old retired folk.... Their pensions keep the little IGA afloat...
Links, please.... 250k......

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Thursday, 13 Aug 2015 at 11:41pm

my guess ..... you include welfare (say 10-15k).....red tape during one year....(say 10 to 15k)....8months of detention (say 30-40k)....and education (say 10k per year)

all that comes to about 60-70k. that amount of money is not a huge drama in my books provided that the significant proportion of asylum seekers are found to be refugees. i.e. the money is well spent as we helped genuine needy people gave them education and provided them a place in our society....we could always do more of course so don't get me wrong.

every industrial country is in the same boat as Australia, "how many do we accept"....Australia is in fact doing its fair share, well above par per GDP.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 14 Aug 2015 at 11:27am

ha ha, where ya pulling these figures? More importantly, why you coming up with them and using them? Seriously...

I reckon it's this 'blindspot' that's revving up the dog. Get in the friggin' sea, boys.

Dog, the abyss, comrade...THE ABYSS!

Or in your own example used somewhere previously on these threads (and also a classic Three Stooges scene):

Curly is seen banging his head against the wall; when Moe asks why, he replies, “Because it feels so good when I stop.”

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 14 Aug 2015 at 11:33am

That's it shats.... Run with the in crowd.... Keep ya head low.... Just listen to the dks, but don't live it, right?
Got ya ramones shirt on today, bro? ;)
I think they call it "mellowing with age".....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 14 Aug 2015 at 11:34am

"Every now and then we wonder.....But we shrug our shoulders and get back to work"

Jello Biafra......

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 14 Aug 2015 at 11:43am

Interesting take there, dog. Hmmmm, more haste less speed in the retorts?

"Please don't understand me too quickly" - Andre Gide (as used by Norman Mailer..and er, me)

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Friday, 14 Aug 2015 at 6:19pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

ha ha, where ya pulling these figures? More importantly, why you coming up with them and using them? Seriously...

I made em up.....your welcome to challenge of course-- im more than happy to be wrong. I just want to get some more sensible numbers down on paper, as talking about 250k being spent on bombs, vegemite, and usb sticks is not helpful. I think I did get in the way of some lovers quarrel between blowin and sd.

why...because the thread asked the question....and why not? Australia cannot afford not to budget for these things. as said before, we have to increase our humanitarian intake but we also have to maintain the same standard for these people as we do ourselves. education, housing, welfare, jobs, training, security etc ..... its all what makes Australia a good place to live. can we expect any less?

if we're going to start accepting 60 or 70 thousand refugees or even a 100,000 per year, then where they gonna live? Sydney? well that's a basket case waiting to explode.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Friday, 14 Aug 2015 at 10:48pm
Sheepdog wrote:

That's it shats.... Run with the in crowd.... Keep ya head low.... Just listen to the dks, but don't live it, right?
Got ya ramones shirt on today, bro? ;)
I think they call it "mellowing with age".....

Gotta pull you up there me old china. Are you saying that I can't listen to the DK with my Pennywise T (can't be doin' the Ramones) on if I'm not "livin' it"? Surely the very definition of punk is doing what I want, when I want, for no other reason than I want to do it? Jello would NOT approve!

Or to put it another way, my cock IS big enough and my brain IS small enough...

Or more succinctly,

Fuck off!

That punk enough for ya?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 15 Aug 2015 at 4:01pm

Brauds.... You are welcome to enjoy the dulcet tones of Jello, the soothing sounds of Discharge, the invigorating melodies of Where's the pope..... Just don't sit on the sidelines like shats and snipe.... At least you put your opinion in, rather meekly, rather camouflaged, but you did nonetheless... Shats has said nothing of interest in regards to the topic.... His pseudo bs does him no service.... He can either contribute properly, or continue on his self amusing way.... Don't give a fuck really...
But reading through his fence sitting, I 'd deduce he is pro refugee, but doesn't want to publicly be seen as such...
Now, if you want "punk", I'd suggest you grow a pair of balls..... You'd know damn well that Jello (who btw I had the absolute pleasure of meeting and chatting to at Adelaide uni in 1995), would say bullshit to not only shats waffle, but yours as well...... Grow a pair, mate... Or get a dog up ya.... ;)

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 12:11am

Sheepdog, you might presume to school me on my inputs into thread topics, but never ever presume to step beyond that. You are dead fucking wrong.

This whole "your way or the highway" is as tiresome as it is pathetic. Shatner'sBasoon, myself and anyone else can say what they want in whatever means they see fit and who the fuck are you to judge?

Was just yanking ya chain on the whole punk thing, but if that's the way you want to play it, OK.

My reply is once again ... Fuck Off!

You and I are done.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 9:10am

Sheepdog is busy right now guys.

At the moment He's putting bobby pins into his "Never mind the bollocks " T shirt.

Then he's got a lot of living hard on the mean streets , kicking heads ,sticking it to the man and fighting the oppression of the fascist state to get done before dinner.

He'll deal with you pretenders as soon as he's finished his sticky date pudding.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 11:53am

yeah, what about it doggy, u only need 500 supporters, put your name down and run for the office, that way we could see u really were serious about making a change or some noise in a FORUM that actually can create change. senator sheepdog, i like the sound of it. lol

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 12:26pm

braudulio, a right of reply before you head off to sulk land.... Go back to page 1..... Blowin, myself, TGF, sypkan, happyasS, Prothero, Tony barber, and Dave the rave were having a debate, heated at times, about THE TOPIC!!!! Yes.... that's right.... THE TOPIC!!!!
But along come shats, and contributes nothing to THE TOPIC.... Just takes pot shots at those debating THE TOPIC..... We wear his first jibe, even jibe back..... We then continue on THE TOPIC.....

Now go to page 2..... The debate continues...... Once again, shats throws in jibes at those debating THE TOPIC, me in particular....... Once again I wear it with grace, but ask him to get off the fence and put his opinion across on THE TOPIC...... He does not..... Instead, he continues to take the thread off topic... So I point this out to him..... He still refuses to address the topic....
Now we get to page 3...... He turns his attack to happyasS, who at least has the guts to air his personal thoughts...... Bit he still hasn't given his own... he hasn't even said, "look I don't know"....
So... I pull him up using the old DK's, cos over the past year in the music thread, shats and I have discussed punk rock, west coast USA, Dick Dale etc etc and have a background...
So..... What do you do, Braudulio..... You run to defend the right of someone to derail a thread, take pot shots, have no real input in the discussion....... You run to defend someone who posted several links on ethical debating (remember that, shats? ;) ), who now goes totally against everything he has publicly promoted before....
Fair enough, brauds, You and I are done, from my side too..... Now go and defend someone elses right to derail topics posted not by you.....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 12:30pm

Blowin... Still waiting on those links for the 250K........ I think HappyasS was Waaaaay closer than you, and he just guessed lol

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 1:46pm

Yeah Sheepy, I was way off target with that figure.

Once you factor in all of the governmental overspend it's probably closer to half a million.

After all, this is a government that thinks nothing of a $12000 bill to transfer a prisoner from Perth to Geraldton to be closer to his family for Christmas.

And that's by road.....

A four hour drive if you're not familiar with the area.

What am I thinking ?

Of course you're familiar with the area.

With Google, you're more clued in than an on the spot Greenough local .

Wiki dog !!!!

Now THAT was funny.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 1:41pm

Oh no, caught out by the Thread Topic Sheriff!

Only problem with that is I don't recognise your authority. Care to hazard a guess as to why, simple really you don't have any. This is not your website and until such time as the guys that work hard running it tell me I can't act in a particular way then I will continue to contribute in any way I see fit.

Right, off to sulk down by the corral. Later Sheriff.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 2:16pm

Hilarious... Coming from the debate sheriff himself, "old china"...... Thing is brauds, if you don't like the topics I start, or the way I go about it, then fuck off... Simple.... If you joined in just to derail, or get offended, there's a place for that called facebook..... I'd suggest a full day of reporting pictures that don't meet "society standards"..... I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna get back on topic with a bloke here that can handle it.... See ya..

Blowin...... Happy' was remarkably accurate with his guess you know...... Remarkably accurate....

http://www.news.com.au/national/australia-will-be-paying-70000-for-each-...

You're a funny bastard, blowy...... This chick was living in the community, not getting "roadtrips" and living on Nauru (making that private company MILLIONS lol).
So I'd say most of the money given to her or those administering her situation would've gone straight back into the Brisbane economy, unlike the millions upon millions sent to Nauru....
Cheers, ya rebel....
ps - alot of ansty people out there this weekend, bro..... No one got laid.... :p

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 2:25pm

get stuck into him braud, these pollies need to be told off, especially speaker sheepdog, how dare he try to claim expenses for having rodney rude as his speech writer and imelda marcos as his consultant on footwear. next thing u know he will be using john singleton as his frontman on australia's drinking culture.
rumour has it he was going to give a press conference saying saint kilda will win the AFL Premiership and a UFO was going to land to give the trophy and out would pop their puppet Abbott and bronie would be claiming expenses for the whole exercise.
so all in all, not that serious, sheepy likes to stir shit, he loves being right, which most of us do, but most of us dont support saint kilda like him which is just plain wrong (below the belt- apologise there) so we arent as cranky as him and dont have to acknowledge that we just lose, lose lose- cue the Hawthorn Team song- always a winner- lighten up, dont offend, make amends, be friends.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 2:28pm

The member for furball has been warned......

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:02pm

That info is 2 years old Sheepdog.

You say she was living in the community.

Of course she was, in the trough right alongside Bronwyn.

At least Bronnie was elected by the public.

And it's not taking into account all of her education, legal aid etc.

So only $150 grand to fund someone's fraudulent attempt at claiming refugee status.

You'll have to remind me what you're stance is again because you just agreed that it's an expensive business humouring the dreams of a better lifestyle for a foreigner.

As for you're justification regarding the trickle down benefits of this waste of taxpayers expense.....why don't you give me your next twenty years tax and I'll redistribute it through out the community for you.

A can think of a few shapers out there that will be stoked to receive a bit of trickle down custom in return for a new quiver.

I don't understand your thinking.

Sure she wants to live in Australia , but this isn't the Make A Wish foundation.

A lot more worthy causes within Australia to support than some foreigner's desires .

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:08pm

Yeah I have no problem with the expense for those who are running from bombs, and wars we are complicit in , or poverty via economic sanctions that we are part of , which you agreed with.... And I would rather have the money spent in Australia than Nauru... That money therefore goes straight back into the cogs of the Australian economy, creating and keeping jobs, unlike the obscene amount being spent at Nauru, which goes directly to private multi national contractors....
Thought, blowy?

ps - "That info is 2 years old Sheepdog."...... What's the inflation rate for the past two years, blowin..... BTw, you do know how to post a link right?....
250k - still waiting....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:06pm

Basically an analogy would be - Your kid is sick , but rather than spend your money on medical services , you think your money will be better spent helping a stranger relocate to a nicer house.

And it's not just your money you want to spend.

It's everyone's money.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:10pm

????? That makes no sense whatsover, blowin......
Don't go down "analogy road" mate.... You don't wanna go there.... Trust me..... Just some links on your costs would be good... You do know how to cut and paste a link, right?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:18pm

Why no analogies ?

Pretty apt don't you think ?

Haven't cut and paste since kindy.

I was going to go to School to learn some computer skills but it turns out that the course costs $3000 at college.

Unless you're a fraudulent refugee seeker, in which case your education is payed for by the tax payer.

Why is the course so expensive ?

Because the government is spending the education budget on humouring the whims of fraudulent attempted immigrants.

Now that's not an analogy. It's a fact of life - only so much money to go around.

You sure must hate the next generation of Australians that can't afford an education anymore.....have you no empathy at all ?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:17pm

hahahaa... It's fun... ;)

But what if you blew up that persons house, blowin, illegally.... Against U.N law... And then what if you put in a violent criminal gang into that girls neighborhood..... Do you say "hahaha"....??

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:20pm

You'll have to provide one of your famous links to Australia's bombing of Iran.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:26pm

That was generic for your 250k masses.... Ok, back to the Iran economic sanctions ( plus the fact that iran is fighting a proxy war in Syria, which btw, certain libs are calling for involvement)...

What if you cut food and water supplies to a town run by a corrupt mayor... Now the people are not only brutalized, they are staving.... At least they had food under the corrupt mayor..... But your decision has made the innocent peoples lives unbearable.... Some people are able to get away from that horrid place, a place made more horrid by your decision..... You call her the equivalent of Bronny?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:29pm

I gotta bail, blowin..... I'll catch up later.... C ya man...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:37pm

Cool, don't forget those links to " Blowing up the house " in Iran.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 3:54pm

From what I can see on DFAT , Australia's sanctions only relate to Nuclear , military and dual use goods, services and technology.

Don't think that will actually deprive the person on the street of nourishment.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 4:55pm

Ok... Blowin... I wasn't that long... lol
Firstly.... "Cool, don't forget those links to " Blowing up the house " in Iran."
Mate, as I said, that "blowing up the house analogy" was a generic take on the refugees in general, most of which are from Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya etc.... You know that, man.... yeah perhaps using the girl in the analogy was wrong, but hey, with your analogy I could respond - "my kid isn't sick, and I have insurance anyway".... Or I could respond, "if the "kid" you speak of is "the economy", well it's still one of the strongest economies in the western world, with the commonwealth bank for example just recording a 9 billion dollar profit..."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-12/commonwealth-bank-profit-and-capit...

I know where you are coming from with your analogy... And I'm sure you knew where I was coming from with mine.... So let's not go down semantics road..., mate..

But nice dodge on the Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libyan refugees, I must say.... I'd like your opinion on that analogy for those refugees, then I'll get onto our little Iran analogy....... I'd really and honestly appreciate your opinion on the analogy re' Iraq/syrians etc.. Here it is again, with the "girl" taken out, for you enjoyment.... ;).....;

"But what if you blew up peoples houses, blowin, illegally.... Against U.N law... And then what if you put a violent criminal gang into the wartorn neighborhood to run it..... Do you say "hahaha"....??

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 5:16pm

So when did Australia bomb Iran ?

And I wasn't really being metaphoric with the sick kid scenario as Australia's medical system is very underfunded .

So which sick people should we deny help to so this well fed lady can pursue her fraudulent claim ?

Yes, we are specifically talking about this healthy lady as that's what this thread is about .

It's about how heartless Australians are for wishing to prioritise spending on truly needy relatives, friends and neighbours over a lady that just wishes to relocate to a land with a better lifestyle.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 5:14pm

Ok...... Give me a yell when you click back into "sensible blowin"....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 5:27pm

"Yes, we are specifically talking about this healthy lady as that's what this thread is about ."

The thread is about "Australia uber alles", with her as an example..... You know "Deutchland uber alles"....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 5:32pm
Blowin wrote:

So when did Australia bomb Iran ?

And I wasn't really being metaphoric with the sick kid scenario as Australia's medical system is very underfunded .

So which sick people should we deny help to so this well fed lady can pursue her fraudulent claim ?

Yes, we are specifically talking about this healthy lady as that's what this thread is about .

It's about how heartless Australians are for wishing to prioritise spending on truly needy relatives, friends and neighbours over a lady that just wishes to relocate to a land with a better lifestyle.

"Hitler convinced much of Germany that the Jews were to blame for the poor economic state.

Hitler had two significant ideas that helped launch him in to power. He had someone to blame for the economy and he had a plan for a swift economic recovery. Hitler outlined a plan where in four years he would completely eliminate unemployment throughout Germany. "

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/1920s/E...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 5:48pm

Tell me You didn't just cite Hitler and the Nazis .

You just admitted defeat.

Take it like a Sheepdog.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 6:03pm

Ummmm, Blowin.......The headline was "uber alles"...... Like,,,,, right at the fucking beginning.... Like where I stated on Monday ----- "But I wanted to delve into the minds of modern Australians and the attitude towards a young woman being dragged NAZI style to a camp..... "

Was that your "get out of jail card", mate? You blaming a certain group for economic woes, and then pulling out the old "ohhh he mentioned hitler??" FFS....

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 7:49pm

Pulling out the Hitler card hey? Well Abbott accused the Labor Party of Stalinist behaviour in parliament last week. And Murdoch's papers photoshopped Labor ministers as NAZI's prior to the last election.

Abbott's fascist tendencies can't be denied. This list of 14 fascist traits gives food for thought....

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.

2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.

3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.

4. Supremacy of the Military - Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.

5. Rampant Sexism - The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.

6. Controlled Mass Media - Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.

7. Obsession with National Security - Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.

8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed
to the government's policies or actions.

9. Corporate Power is Protected - The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.

10. Labor Power is Suppressed - Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.

11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.

12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.

13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.

14. Fraudulent Elections - Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 8:22pm

Ha ha ha Godwin's Law!

And before the Sherriff shows up on the Off Topic pony, if you'd done your research you'd realise that "Deutschland uber alles" pre dated the Nazi's by a long way (lyrics were written in 1841), they stole it just as they stole the swastika. It means Germany above all else, not as the Allies twisted the translation to mean Germany is superior to all else.

Anyway I thought you were just trying to be clever twisting the DK song title round.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 8:35pm

wheres this going except to show humans act inhumanly hiding behind laws made by humans to protect their insecurities.
words, just written scrawls for sounds and then manipulated to make some appear more understanding/intelligent than others- and so we have stupidity of the highest order as science shows that whether u r einstein or a street urchin, u r energy and how have you influenced this world, it will be thru being kind, not right.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 8:41pm

You said you were "done" with me, Sheriff Braudulio... An amazing backflip....
Glad you 've been googling German history.... But anyone ith 1/2 a brain knows that a political thread titled "uber alles" is referring to some form of Nazism..... I don't think Jello was writing about Germany circa 1841.... Do you, Sheriif smug? Jello was writing about Governor Jerry Brown, and in a later version of the song, the Dks changed the lyrics from jerry Brown to Ronald Reagan, highlighting the similarities between neoconic Reaganism and Nazism....
But you already know that..... Right?
So... as far as Godwins law goes ( " "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches "), you seemed to have missed one glaring fact, the same fact Blowin missed........ The Title, the very beginning of the thread is headed "uber alles", and nazism was discussed very early in the thread.... It is the theme of the thread....
Now back to being offended on FB you go....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 8:43pm
davetherave wrote:

wheres this going except to show humans act inhumanly hiding behind laws made by humans to protect their insecurities.
words, just written scrawls for sounds and then manipulated to make some appear more understanding/intelligent than others- and so we have stupidity of the highest order as science shows that whether u r einstein or a street urchin, u r energy and how have you influenced this world, it will be thru being kind, not right.

And that's all I am arguing for, Dave.... To be kind to those in need..... Those who through no fault of their own, but some fault of ours, find themselves between a rock and a hard place...... Cheers.....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 8:47pm

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 8:48pm

:) Blowy!!!!!!! :p

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Aug 2015 at 8:48pm

Mate, you should be ashamed.

Sheepdog's picture