Australia Uber Alles

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Sunday, 9 Aug 2015 at 2:23pm

A student, a decent young woman, dragged away in front of all... 2 months and she would've graduated.... This is the modern Australia....

http://www.theage.com.au/queensland/brisbane-student-dragged-on-ground-s...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 2:56pm

Late to this topic but reading the article and the first few pages of the thread i agree with pretty much everything Sypkan has said (i think we always have very similar thoughts on this topic from memory)

Ive been away from media, news, internet etc for about six weeks…interesting to see the current events and way the governments and media are tackling it and talks of Australia resettling 12,000 Syrian refugees…did i miss something?…..Why are these peoples needs more important than the hundreds of thousands or millions of other refugees???

Especially the ones stuck in refuge camps that have been waiting years and years for a chance of better future.

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 3:39pm

The poor little kid washed up on the beach had alot I reckon...his old man was the skipper I believe?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 3:47pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Late to this topic but reading the article and the first few pages of the thread i agree with pretty much everything Sypkan has said (i think we always have very similar thoughts on this topic from memory)

Ive been away from media, news, internet etc for about six weeks…interesting to see the current events and way the governments and media are tackling it and talks of Australia resettling 12,000 Syrian refugees…did i miss something?…..Why are these peoples needs more important than the hundreds of thousands or millions of other refugees???

Especially the ones stuck in refuge camps that have been waiting years and years for a chance of better future.

Seriously???? I think you need to get a grip of what's happening, bro.... re read the thread... There's a full scale blood bath occurring, Australia is now dropping bombs, and you want to go down this path?
Re read the thread, Indo....

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 4:53pm

this dude appears to be a total right wing fruitcake, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have some good points.

I apologise in advance sheepdog

https://m.

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 5:05pm

...with high youth populations, low employment , corruption and high competition for diminishing resources even with other countries stuffing things up the demographics of the Middle east and North Africa will mean that more 'blood baths' are inevitable.......But then again people could stop putting shit on people who have different opinions than them and work out some sort of compromise.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 5:10pm

Yeah, apology accepted.... Once I got to the part where he uses an obscure article about the eastern Europe situation from a newspaper on the other side of the world, in Sydney, written by a guy called "Dusan Stojanovic", I turned it off.....
Nutter.....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 5:21pm

Too true Sheepdog.

If anyone from the other side of the world - especially Australia - even pretends to know what's really going on over there, tell 'em they're shit talking , know nothing , bullshit artists.

Oh , wait a minute...

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 5:26pm

Here's a thought on you all ypur political swellnet nerd cocks...this is a surfing site...cocks...welly shut up :) bow come on fellas get on q and r go surfing or get a life.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 5:28pm

awww come on sheepdog, at worst it was funny

you could have heard him out

I like a good nut job, passion is good

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 7:50pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Umm...a few weeks ago I cut my finger pretty bad and had to go to A and E to get stitches...was a real bastard, waited there over two hours.

At one stage an ambulance arrived with the only just survivors of a horrific car crash, severe head injuries, blood everywhere...

they got in before me

Hope this helps

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 8:55pm
Balance wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Umm...a few weeks ago I cut my finger pretty bad and had to go to A and E to get stitches...was a real bastard, waited there over two hours.

At one stage an ambulance arrived with the only just survivors of a horrific car crash, severe head injuries, blood everywhere...

they got in before me

Hope this helps

Sorry it doesn't help...because its all about perception…no matter what day or what year it is there is a shit load of people with their life's in danger who need to seek refugee…but because of the media focus on the influx of refugees into Europe an area of the world many of us feel connected too to some degree, suddenly western people and governments feel they need to act on it and people need to make themselves feel good and light candles and other bullshit.

So suddenly we are happy to save another 12,000 people but previously all the other life's of people in danger weren't worth saving???

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 7:49am

Sheepy,
I'll try and condense my essays, at the risk of over-simplifying both the situation being described and my personal views on it.
1. The US's role in the current situation in Syria is not part of some great conspiracy. (In fact, somewhat ironically there's a good deal of commentary critical of the lack of US involvement... see first and second link below)
2. The situation is vastly more complex than people are giving credit for. Sectarian, political, ethnic and external influences are playing out in a country which has been under a repressive regime for the better part of 55 years.
3. I'd like to hear from manbat on how he characterised the regimes of Hussein / Iraq, Assad / Syria, Qaddafi / Libya and Omar / Afghanistan successful. If this can be done without hearing his views on the 2003 invasion of Iraq it would be appreciated.
4. My views on the way forward? - Negotiated handover of the control of the central government. Assad is symbolic for many Syrians, regardless of their particular flavour. He HAS to go. Stabilise the west of the country first. Consider granting autonomy to Kurdish areas. Ultimately we have to accept that the state borders drawn up under Sykes-Picot in the aftermath of WW1 do not matter anymore, and the map is going to be redrawn. This may not be a bad thing.
5. Libya - I'm missing the "aha" moment in your 'picking my point to pieces'. So the UN member nations were complicit in the passing of a UN resolution? Jesus! Conspiracy alert! So, while there were airstrikes would you agree that there WASN'T actually a US invasion? The US couldn't defend their own embassy in 2012.
6. I think the international response to the plight of refugees has been woeful. We should be doing far more to support those in camps in Jordan, Turkey and Lebanon through funding, and we should take our share of high priority refugees regardless of religion or ethnicity.
7. I'd be rather be surfing.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21572198-sectarian-divisions-deep...
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/11/blame-washington-contin...
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wan...
http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/060720152
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/09/putin-syria-assad-ready-share-powe...
http://www.eurstrat.eu/why-russia-will-never-back-down-reasons-behind-su...

**spoiler. The linked articles may be short of conspiracy theories blaming the US for everything. They may also be reflective of a number of sources.

tworules's picture
tworules's picture
tworules Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 9:17am

keep it up boys-raw food for thought!

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 9:20am
indo-dreaming wrote:
Balance wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

they got in before me

Hope this helps

Sorry it doesn't help...because its all about perception…no matter what day or what year it is there is a shit load of people with their life's in danger who need to seek refugee…but because of the media focus on the influx of refugees into Europe an area of the world many of us feel connected too to some degree, suddenly western people and governments feel they need to act on it and people need to make themselves feel good and light candles and other bullshit.

So suddenly we are happy to save another 12,000 people but previously all the other life's of people in danger weren't worth saving???

i guess I am just happy if there is any increase in the worlds response to assisting people who's lives are in danger. Happy for anyone to consider me a candle burner or do-gooder or any other derogatory term people can think of. Most people, its seems to me, who come up with all the reasons why we shouldn't help, or do more, are just trying to justify why they would just like to do nothing

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 9:59am

Maybe it's not a justification for doing nothing, but a response to the perceived threat these refugess will pose to ones own standard of living, be it services being diverted to them (the refugess), an increase in crime, a clash of religion or cultures, increased taxation, diluting the jobs pool or a myriad of other reasons?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 10:21am
norchock wrote:

Here's a thought on you all ypur political swellnet nerd cocks...this is a surfing site...cocks...welly shut up :) bow come on fellas get on q and r go surfing or get a life.

Howz about fucking off out of the "politico" forum, and go to one of the "eeeeeeeeeeewwwww stoked duuuuuude" kiddy threads...... ;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 10:24am
Blowin wrote:

Too true Sheepdog.

If anyone from the other side of the world - especially Australia - even pretends to know what's really going on over there, tell 'em they're shit talking , know nothing , bullshit artists.

Oh , wait a minute...

You do realize you just gave yourself an uppercut too bahahahaha...
Yeah, folks like manbat or myself post multiple links from multiple media sources, and don't rely on one article from a right wing balkan journo..... Just sayin'.....

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 11:43am

Sheepd, looking at the link you provided re Hungary. Given that Hungary seems dependent on Russia for energy supply ('Budapest is also highly dependent on Russian energy, both gas and oil refined products.') can't see the relevance with respect to Muslim intake. We know that Russia is supporting Assad with guns, missiles, soldiers so the relevance is ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 11:53am
Sheepdog wrote:
Blowin wrote:

Too true Sheepdog.

Oh , wait a minute...

You do realize you just gave yourself an uppercut too bahahahaha...
Yeah, folks like manbat or myself post multiple links from multiple media sources, and don't rely on one article from a right wing balkan journo..... Just sayin'.....

The article in question was from that hotbed of sensationalist right wing propaganda - the Sydney Morning Herald .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 12:49pm

The truth is enough Sheepy.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 2:40pm

the response from etarip sounds good to me, and I do not understand why they didn't do such a thing in Iraq

ie. secure parts of the country that are 'on side' then allow people go ove to these areas of their own accord, aided of course, instead of tryibrg to take and/ or win over the whole country.

yes ideally we wouldn't be there at all but it's way too late for that

but regarding Iraq, many Iraqis say their life was better before the invasion, having reliable power and water supplies. many people wouldn't believe it or acknowledge it, but apparently Iraqis enjoyed a similar standard of living to australia, yes they may have feared for their lives, but I reckon they would now too!!

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 13 Sep 2015 at 4:38pm

Sheepsd…well if the Hungarians are 'pigs' with thousands of refugees just walking thru without any control or management then what does that say about our illustrious Greens senator Hanson-Young - 'accidents happen' with over 1000 refugees drowning. How dear compassionate Human Rights Commissioner, Triggs - could not advise until well after two years after these events. At least, we have put our hand up to assist in a more managed way. Granted this current mass movement of people was not expected hence the invariable tensions it causes.

tworules's picture
tworules's picture
tworules Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 8:28pm

when australian home owners open their doors to our homeless then we can ask a government to open its door to refugees.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 8:36pm

tworules wrote:

when australian home owners open their doors to our homeless then we can ask a government to open its door to refugees.

That doesn't even make sense.

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 9:04pm
stunet wrote:

tworules wrote:

That doesn't even make sense.

A couple two houses up from tworules gave a room to a local homeless guy so two rules asked the government to let in some refugees and viola, there's 12000 odd on the way.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 8:40pm

Jeez, stu.. You beat me to it lol..
Yeah, our government is dropping bombs and has dropped bombs on the countries where the refugees come from..... I don't see home owners bombing the homeless......
Unless that's happening where you live, tworules.....
Pretty tough neighborhood , bro.... ;)

tworules's picture
tworules's picture
tworules Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 8:50pm

didn't want to start a war

tworules's picture
tworules's picture
tworules Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 9:03pm

if that makes sense.

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 9:07pm

That makes sense. Unfortunately we have a government that bilaterally committed to war and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

tworules's picture
tworules's picture
tworules Monday, 14 Sep 2015 at 9:28pm

a couple of bombs to keep the peace doesn't make a lucky country

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 10:46am

Charlie Hebdos latest cartoon.
Christians walk on water...............Muslim children sink

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 5:23pm

Interesting to see that few Arab countries are coming to the rescue of the Syrian refugees. You may wish to have a look at how Mecca is set up - http://www.dozadebine.ro/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mina11.jpg
This is the tent city in Mina for all the pilgrims to Mecca (approx 8 km from Mecca)
The tents are made of fire-resistant materials and all have A/C. Every tent has speakers, thermostats and fire alarm. A total of 3 million people can be accommodated.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 5:46pm

I wondered about that too Tones, the Saudis can't spare a few Riyals to help their brothers in need out of the billions in petro-dollars they make monthly?

Maybe if they allowed the Syrians in it would set a precedent and they would actually have to offer their imported labour citizenship and all the goodies that go with it?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 5:47pm

PS Why don't they leave that set up and house them there? Looks pretty comfy. Be a bit like glamping.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 6:12pm

wow tony b or is that a? has time for facebook now he's newly unemployed.

but it's a fair question couldn't they house some here? I guess the problem would be getting them out when the haji pilgtrims arrive.

but I think your onto it also zenagain might set a precedent for that overseas workforce they love to exploit.

but I think the main point is keeping the saudi bloodlines pure. I saw a breakdown of contributions to this crisis, saudi arabia actually donated the most money out of anyone to turkey and unhcr to pay for the refugees. while they paid way above any other country, they received no refugees at all, and don't plan to

it's a little known and talked about fact, that they're so obsessed with keeping saudi bloodlines pure, to the point of putting up with much higher rates of birth defects. seriously twisted

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/01/world/saudi-arabia-awakes-to-the-peril...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 10:04pm

Kinda like slipping a tenner into a homeless blokes filthy hand but not actually looking him in the eye?

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 11:54pm

in the not too distant past the Saudis were also donating monies to education in Australia....the downside being the Saudis follow a rigid fundamental form of Islam...... appealing to young Australian Muslims who dont feel that they belong here or who feel left out .

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 7:28am

What about the many other Arab countries nearby ? - http://www.dozadebine.ro/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Mina7.jpg

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 28 Sep 2015 at 6:11pm

First dog -

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 28 Sep 2015 at 7:04pm

hey sheepy,

1st dog hits the spot again.

Ah Transfield .... people are divesting in coal and in companies like Transfield, via your ethical superannuation funds. Ethical financial advisors (and investment) are now common place.

Transfield also run etags for tollways in most states. Alternative companies exist and can be used.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Sunday, 18 Oct 2015 at 6:47pm

The Bolt Report Stoops to all time low. Afternoon TV, kids could be watching, Andrew decides to show vision of a bloke in Gaza, holding up big butchers knife asking others to stab other people. He then says we are about to show some confronting scenes, so look away now.
Too late Mr Bolt, I dont want to see this, I wouldnt want my kids to see it, so why are you showing it on sunday afternoon?
Yes you were trying to support your argument, and you might say to help Australia, but i would say that not showing that footage on a Sunday afternoon time slot helps Australia. If you cannot understand this, you are making about as much sense as the man asking one to attack another and are not helping Australia one little bit. What does the Turnbull Government and the Labor Party say on this? All sides of Politics talk about seeing the way we want Australia to be, this is certainly not it. Share if you think we want to see unity and peace.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 18 Oct 2015 at 9:07pm

dave, why are you watching that guy for full of anger and hate ?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 19 Oct 2015 at 3:36pm

floyd, perhaps he was just flicking through channels, and couldn't believe his eyes..

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 20 Jan 2017 at 6:45pm

Welcome to Pyongyang, whoops, I meant Sydney......

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jan/20/lockout-laws-prot...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 Jan 2017 at 11:07pm

First dog=Biggest trash ever

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 28 Jul 2017 at 5:53pm
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 28 Jul 2017 at 6:13pm

C'mon Doggo, the NY Times is fake media and Waleed Aly is a mussie. Get with the program!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 28 Jul 2017 at 10:42pm
Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 29 Jul 2017 at 8:18am

Here's a question :

If a coalition of conspirators were to manufacture an enemy or at least provide the conditions necesssary for an enemy to arise and flourish - does this make the enemy any less real ?

If this coalition of conspirators required this enemy to relocate their theatre of operations from the Middle East to Eastern and South East Asia - does this confected and artificially sustained enemy pose less of a risk ?

Or is it merely that the true source of the risk has not been adequately identified and the risk is still quite real ?