Australia Uber Alles

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Sunday, 9 Aug 2015 at 2:23pm

A student, a decent young woman, dragged away in front of all... 2 months and she would've graduated.... This is the modern Australia....

http://www.theage.com.au/queensland/brisbane-student-dragged-on-ground-s...

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 11:48am

just had bronwyn on the phone, she is happy to help with chopper.. also there is now magnetic technology that could be put in pipes to turn generators to produce electricity so a train network could also be set up.
plough land, plant with legumes, grow flax and hemp, plow stumps into ground, clean out creeks of carp- turn into fertilizer and u have a start of regional business and industry plus solar farms could be built nearby as well,

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 11:54am
Sheepdog wrote:

Or perhaps it's the internet, allowing a very small minority to seem like a bigger force than they really are, and the weak feeble minded easily persuaded following the pack....

Couldn't resist! Good point, the interwebs in this sense are a wider reaching extension of letters to the editor and talk-back radio.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 12:23pm

maybe it is a forum for people to bring forth ides.
It does not matter who reads this if anybody at all.
science can show that thoughts/feeling have an electromagnetic transmission.
so the more people raising these points/transmission goes out into the earths electromagnetic spectrum and invites the matrix to think about things
in a new way. thoughts that have the common good as their intention always have the power to life the mass thought form to a higher level which if done by alot of people, allows new awareness/inspiration in.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 12:27pm
Sheepdog wrote:

"As for this lady being "dragged along the ground " by police, I would have thought that's how a large percentage of arrests go down.

Who WANTS to jump in the back of the paddy wagon ?"

Once again, you have totally missed the point... Or maybe you haven't ;) My main point is how judgmental, heartless, xenophobic, homophobic, pack mentality orientated this country has become since John Howard stirred the underbelly.... Or perhaps it's the internet, allowing a very small minority to seem like a bigger force than they really are, and the weak feeble minded easily persuaded following the pack.... Or perhaps it's a mixture of both....
We were a fair go country.... But I look at your comments, Happy's, sypo's, and I realize it's too late.... You win, fellas..... You have the right leader in as PM at the mo'... I look forward to the brighter Australia you have us on the path to...

And btw, I'm sure if the media concentrated on pub brawls and punch ups involving drunken kiwis or Irish, you know - "tonight on a current affair!!! Maori madness!!"...... I'm sure the sheeple would be all "bloody maoris... Send 'em home".....

How does my comment indicate that I am xenophobic, homophobic , heartless and don't believe in a fair go ?

That comment I deleted ?

I'm pretty sure you would have received it on your email as you started the thread.

Would you like to comment on how it affects your drastically incorrect opinion of myself?

PS Pack mentality- you really do believe your'e a sole light in the darkness don't you Sheepy ?

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:00pm
davetherave wrote:

maybe it is a forum for people to bring forth ides.
It does not matter who reads this if anybody at all.
science can show that thoughts/feeling have an electromagnetic transmission.
so the more people raising these points/transmission goes out into the earths electromagnetic spectrum and invites the matrix to think about things
in a new way. thoughts that have the common good as their intention always have the power to life the mass thought form to a higher level which if done by alot of people, allows new awareness/inspiration in.

Maybe Dave but if so then the opposite must be true also.

Anger is an energy

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:04pm
Blowin wrote:

You'd better hurry up with these ideas fellas.

China is already swooping in for the big water grab in the Kimberly.

Well derrrrrr!!!!!! Been telling you this for ages.... But your more concerned with those pesky boat people than a country of 3 BILLION invading by stealth, my main man..... ;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:08pm

Blowin.... I said "this country"..... Not "blowin"....
But your comments show no empathy.... "be nice to people" was your catch cry..... Do you think you portray "being nice"?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:14pm

More concerned ?

I think your fanciful idea of how you'd imagine me to be is diverging ever further from reality with every post.

You did receive that deleted post I take it ?

So how do you reconcile that with xenophobic, heartless and not in favour of a fair go ?

Or being nice ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:13pm

You implied that Sypkans, Happies and my own comments were representative of the country you despise.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:21pm

mate, they are too busy with their i phones, their job securities, their shopping malls and corner coffee stalls. the nrl and afl give them the only"spark" they need plus the occasional pollie stuff up.
the level of red tapes commissions and reviews just shut down this place. our leaders are too concerned with keeping their seats and towing the worlds 1.5% economic growth model to actually be planning for our future.
One solar storm knows out our sattelites (sp) and technology, one big electric surge knocks out our technologies- the economies stop- computer cash register in shop didnt work the other day, ladies had no idea how to do basic arithmetic- no contingecy plans.
thats why we need to use our lands for food production. rain can even be created by building tall solar structures that rise hot air to create storm showers while also creating solar electricity.
give our kids a future, revitalise our smaller regional centres, stop making cities bigger, more congested and unaffordable- we need leaders who can see opportunity in all australia not just where they get votes to keep their jobs, their perks, their double superannuation and their huge pensions straight away. Talking bout a revolution yeah, a revolution for sustainable shared evolution.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:26pm

Tony Barber/Donny, come on down...

[on the turps?]

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:27pm

Blowin..... No... I implied that you guys are in the "stop the refugees at all costs camp".... And your posts back that up.... You throw numbers around like "100 000 000", you pigeon hole all refugees as a drain on the economy, that they wont assimilate, without links or facts... The article I posted showed a young woman assimilating perfectly.... A total lack of empathy from you, and Sypo, and Happy, reminds me of the total lack of empathy by other Australians shown towards Aboriginals (which we have seen here) or gay people, or working mums, or disabled people.... I didn't say that you were personally xenophobic... But you are part of a phenomenon that has crept into our society..... For example, your "comeback" was to accuse me that I "despise" this country..... I don't "despise" this country..... But i do despise alot of people in this country..... The old "you're either with us or against us" "divide and conquer" tactic reinforces everything I have written, blowin..... I love this country..... That's why it hurts to see good folk with good hearts turn sour.....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:30pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

[on the turps?]

Gday, captain waa waa peddle..... I was wondering if you have anything remotely relevant to say...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:34pm

Yeah I thought you expressed a really strong point of view there Sheepy.

Unambiguous and avoiding generalisations .

But then I reread it and realised that I was mistaken.

You just hate someone out there, for hating someone else out there.

Even if you aren't referring to specific individuals, just generalising about the 'type' of people that watch a Current Affair.

And the main thing you despise about them is the way "They " hate people that they generalise about.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:47pm
Blowin wrote:

Yeah I thought you expressed a really strong point of view there Sheepy.

Unambiguous and avoiding generalisations .

But then I reread it and realised that I was mistaken.

You just hate someone out there, for hating someone else out there.

Even if you aren't referring to specific individuals, just generalising about the 'type' of people that watch a Current Affair.

And the main thing you despise about them is the way "They " hate people that they generalise about.

I rest my case...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 1:55pm

You have no case.

A bit of baggage.

But no case.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 2:01pm

DONNY: What the fuck is he talking about?

DUDE: My rug.

WALTER: Forget it, Donny. You're out of your element.

DUDE: This Chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill so what the fuck are you talking about?

WALTER: What the fuck are you talking about?! This Chinaman is not the issue! I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line you do not, uh--and also, Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred, uh. . . Asian- American. Please.

DUDE: Walter, this is not a guy who built the rail- roads, here, this is a guy who peed on my--

WALTER: What the fuck are you--

DUDE: Walter, he peed on my rug--

DONNY: He peed on the Dude's rug--

WALTER: YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT! This Chinaman is not the issue, Dude.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 2:19pm

i think you're getting a little presumptuous and personal there mr sheepless dog. not sure about blowin but I am almost sure he's the same as me, I despise all the things you describe.

i used to think exactly the same as you, but travel and jobs where i meet lots, and i mean LOTS of migrants from very varied backgrounds has shown me that Australia is a bubble, a fantsy land, noddy land I call it. and my migrant workmates agree!! I love my migrant workmates and the culture they bring. that doesn't mean I cannot question the dubious means that some of them used ro get here. I work in social services, nothing wrong with my enpathy, I have a very clear conscious. I like to question sruff, doesn't mean my heart is cold.

the world is changing fast my friend, and Australia is gonna be left behind. I'm still fighting the same fight as you but the game has changed dramatically. it's not the nineties anymore... I wish it was too....adaption and a willingness to change one's mind shows strength in character.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 2:21pm

Exactly Sypkan .

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 2:45pm

"i think you're getting a little presumptuous and personal there mr sheepless dog",

Well having gone back and re read blowins and your posts on page 1, I thought that's how we roll here.... But obviously only a select few can do that with panache.....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 3:57pm
Sheepdog wrote:
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

[on the turps?]

Gday, captain waa waa peddle..... I was wondering if you have anything remotely relevant to say...

Very rude IMO.

Sheepio mate take a little hike in the desert, calm down and drink a cup of green tea rather than that water P-)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 4:09pm
wellymon wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

[on the turps?]

Very rude IMO.

Sheepio mate take a little hike in the desert, calm down and drink a cup of green tea rather than that water P-)

Green tea??????

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 4:26pm

DUDE: Goddamnit Walter! You fucking asshole!

WALTER: Dude! Dude, I'm sorry!

The Dude is near tears.

DUDE: You make everything a fucking travesty!

WALTER: Dude, I'm--it was an accident!

The Dude gives Walter a furious shove.

DUDE: What about that shit about Vietnam!

WALTER: Dude, I'm sorry--

DUDE: What the fuck does Vietnam have to do with anything! What the fuck were you talking about?!

Walter for the first time is genuinely distressed, almost lost.

WALTER: Shit Dude, I'm sorry--

DUDE: You're a fuck, Walter!

He gives Walter a weaker shove. Walter seems dazed, then wraps his arms around the Dude.

WALTER: Awww, fuck it Dude. Let's go bowling.

[or surfing, hey Sheepster & Blowin'/SipCan?].

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 4:32pm

Shats.... Blowin and I have been on again off again lovers for over 15 years.... I'd really appreciate you keep your fucking nose out of it while we try to get back on track... Just because you can't work it out with your ex doesn't mean you have to ruin it for blowin and me!!!!!!
if you've actually got balls, you'll put the popcorn down, and like the supposed "punk rocker" you are, you'll contribute something decent..... Ummmm, Like an opinion.....
Better still, just put on some "The knack", or maybe uncanny xmen, and go back to your beavis and butthead cartoons.....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 4:34pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

DUDE: Goddamnit Walter! You fucking asshole!

WALTER: Dude! Dude, I'm sorry!

The Dude is near tears.

DUDE: You make everything a fucking travesty!

WALTER: Dude, I'm--it was an accident!

The Dude gives Walter a furious shove.

DUDE: What about that shit about Vietnam!

WALTER: Dude, I'm sorry--

DUDE: What the fuck does Vietnam have to do with anything! What the fuck were you talking about?!

Walter for the first time is genuinely distressed, almost lost.

WALTER: Shit Dude, I'm sorry--

DUDE: You're a fuck, Walter!

He gives Walter a weaker shove. Walter seems dazed, then wraps his arms around the Dude.

WALTER: Awww, fuck it Dude. Let's go bowling.

[or surfing, hey Sheepster & Blowin'/SipCan?].

Please say I'm The Dude.

Or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 4:36pm

Blowin... We've always wrestled...... The one who wins on the day is "the dude"...... You know that.... FFS...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 4:36pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Shats.... Blowin and I have been on again off again lovers for over 15 years.... I'd really appreciate you keep your fucking nose out of it while we try to get back on track... Just because you can't work it out with your ex doesn't mean you have to ruin it for blowin and me!!!!!!
if you've actually got balls, you'll put the popcorn down, and like the supposed "punk rocker" you are, you'll contribute something decent..... Ummmm, Like an opinion.....
Better still, just put on some "The knack", or maybe uncanny xmen, and go back to your beavis and butthead cartoons.....

16 years Sheepy.

And you forgot our anniversary.

Again.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 4:55pm

Pfffft..... That first year doesn't count.... You were still seeing that slut welly....... That's it...... I'm done, girlfriend...

I'm puttn' on some music, and I'm outa here.....

"""'Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
'Cause if you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
All the single ladies,
All the single ladies,
All the single ladies,
All the single ladies Now put your hands up""""

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 5:02pm

Walter: Nothing is fucked here, Dude. Come on, you're being very un-Dude.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 5:04pm

The Stranger: Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 5:15pm

About the stolen car, officer.....do you, like , have any leads ?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 5:34pm

No longer Shatner'sBassoon..... It's now Shatner'sFence.... Cos he sure likes sitting on it ;)

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 5:36pm

hmmm, I think whenever Tony Barber aka Donny rears up his funny little head from now on, he shall get the standard Walter Sobchak retort to whatever trolling bollocks he comes up with...

To wit:

Shut the fuck up, Donny.

Is this cyber-bullying?

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 5:38pm
Sheepdog wrote:

No longer Shatner'sBassoon..... It's now Shatner'sFence.... Cos he sure likes sitting on it ;)

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 6:26pm

Sd...."a total lack of empathy"....rubbish. I have empathy for her however she was found as a non legitimate asylum seeker and therefore we are not bound to end her suffering. She has taken the place of someone truly suffering persecution and that is not right of her. I empathise that she wants a better life for herself and australia might be the place to find it. And i empathise that she is distraught in being sent back but that doesnt mean she is being wronged by our govt.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 7:04pm

allied to the Tony Barber/Donny post above, I think another retort could be applicable on these threads to whoever merits it:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Get+in+the+Sea

https://twitter.com/getinthesea?lang=en

Got a nautical theme too.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 7:06pm

Ahhh, shats..... No about about ya'...... At least you haven't taken it to the next level....... Fitness and eating eggs....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 7:11pm

Happy... You're a good bloke man.... Don't take my post too hard.... Look, I'll just go and get dinner off the fucking burner, and then explain why I wrote it..... Chill, man...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 7:33pm

ok....... Happy..... here is why I am/was under the assumption that you lacked empathy for this woman, and those like her....... You wrote, and I quote;

"there's nothing else to the story though....all that stuff about "husband" and "iran", and "engineer" is just padding to heighten the emotional response to the story.
take all that shit out and the story is really boring....just another one of the millions that want to migrate here."

You wrote that man...... And I don't think that it shows empathy..... But that's just my opinion... I'm just another faceless twat on the net like everyone else here.....

Now as far as being judgemental... You wrote, and I quote;

"She came here back in 2011 or 2012 via boat...claimed asylum. This allowed her to study but she had no student visa so govt can move her around. Then once her claims to asylum are tracking poorly she goes and gets married to an Australian."

I didn't see anything in the article about how she got here... I didn't see anything in the article about her deliberately getting married to stay here.... From what I can see, they were in love..... Perhaps asylum seekers should sign a form agreeing not to have relationships whilst waiting for 2 years to get processed and attending school....

Happy... Ok we strongly disagree on refugees.... And maybe I'm wrong re' your empathy etc... Maybe I have read your posts the wrong way... I respect the fact that you are brave enough to actually contribute, whether I agree or not...

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Tuesday, 11 Aug 2015 at 8:40pm

Ok i see.

My comments re her "story" was because i snapped. Im fucken sick of the media being small on details and big on emotional response. I saw the article and just went "what"..."where is the rest of the story". My other comments about her story are my educated guesses since not a single story had.any of those details. It was an educated guess because she had been here a few years and lots of iranians came by boat in 2011, 2012. she was also in brisbane transit accom which rings true for a no visa arrival.

(edit) im just trying to fill in some facts....because the story can be misread that somehow she arrived as a student...and then "we" didn't let her finish her education.....but was this really the case?

as to her marriage im fine with that. If its love then fine, if not then so what. Then shes smart.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 7:31am

we live in a country that now the general population receives their news through 30 second sound grabs- internet headlines and then precedes to talk about it. our general discussions are based on snippets of info, rather than wholly informed topics.
we also are not being told the truth by govt agencies about alot of what actually is going on.
we all have opinions,but are they accurate? Unless you research alot of the things that you like to know, It is fair to say your information may be less than authentic.
So come on swellnetters, share things first before you condemn anothers opinion or else you are just as bad as the spindoctors. Eg, sheepy could give us the inside of clive palmers lines of thought whilst me and good old barnaby could chew the fat on the libs. jokes aside, lets share info first before we dbate the merits or lack of about these issues.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 10:53am

Davo... Don't bring my buddy Clive into this!!!!!! ;)

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 12:02pm

Dave, YES! Check this guy for his take on the machinations and uselessness of corporate media in general and, in particular, the Canberra Press Gallery. If politics is "show business for ugly people", what is 'political churnalism'?

http://andrewelder.blogspot.com.au/

Oh yeah, Sheepster, thanks for the effort...Wowee! I'm meme-worthy!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 11:49am

Don't mind spending 20 seconds to entertain, shats.... And thanks for the hours put in on dude and co ;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 12:00pm

I am lucky enough to have some young people in my social network.... Now this news cycle and churnalism dave and shats speak of often paints a very poor picture of "young people"... When I say young, I speak of 17 to 24yo's.......
All I can say is that I am heartened and very hopeful..... I often get into fairly deep chats with a young family mate of mine (18yo), and his sister (17)..... They aren't stupid... They aren't "bludgers".... I'd suggest to alot of my fellow old farts to listen..... Open your ears.... You'll be surprised....

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 12:30pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Don't mind spending 20 seconds to entertain, shats...

20 seconds? It shows. Is this the time-frame you set for all your input on here? More haste, less speed, hmmmm?

Sheepdog wrote:

And thanks for the hours put in on dude and co ;)

It wasn't all about you...or me...it never is, in life, both real and virtual...but again, thanks for the 20 secs of your time in retort.

Donny/Tony Barber, where were/are you?

Actually, who are you??

Have you been on the username thread, comrade?

*note: this took 1:13 minutes

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 2:06pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

Don't mind spending 20 seconds to entertain, shats...

20 seconds? It shows. Is this the time-frame you set for all your input on here? More haste, less speed, hmmmm?

Sheepdog wrote:

And thanks for the hours put in on dude and co ;)

It wasn't all about you...or me...it never is, in life, both real and virtual...but again, thanks for the 20 secs of your time in retort.

Donny/Tony Barber, where were/are you?

Actually, who are you??

Have you been on the username thread, comrade?

*note: this took 1:13 minutes

Hmmmm. Filed pictures click, paint click, write accurate comment click, file click, transfer to imgur click, paste to swellnet click...... Shit!!!! You're right.... 27.5 seconds....

Now get off the fence, and pick those splinters out of your arse :0)

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 7:11pm

Hey sd...the only difference i see between us on refugees is that you believe that her attributes should be considered in determining her right to stay. Whereas i simply prefer to keep it black and white in that international law says she shall be returned when found illegitimate. Not saying that either one of us is right.

Leaving your home in search of a better life does not mean you were persecuted. If we accept her story is valid then we should probably accept 90 percent of iranian women to our country as they are prsecuted in that country. I feel sorry for women in iran, so should we accept them all?

we have poverty already in aus....i rarely see mention of faceless homeless people get a mention in the smh.. In my mind a refugee either satisfies the criteria or not if they do, then process them quickly....im not in favour of locking them up for years....that is cruel....and not to mentiom a waste of money too.

I find it odd that those who say aus doesnt follow international law then argues the govt is cruel when they do follow the law....now certain instances where breaches in my opinion. Such as the fast tracked processing of 50 syrians....but i have no major reason to disbelieve the govt on this occasion.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 12 Aug 2015 at 8:32pm

Yeah fair enough Happy'...... I'm done on the issue.... It's pointless, really....

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 13 Aug 2015 at 10:50am

keep on keepin on, dog...fightin' the good fight and all...but beware

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

(old mate Nietzsche)