2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 10:26am
Constance B Gibson wrote:

...and Scotty then.

please tell me how Constance. This will be fun.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 10:34am
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 10:42am

Hey Constance, still waiting on you to tell me how voting for Clive is a vote for scotty. Thanks

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 11:59am

That’s my point exactly Constance.

You seem to have made the moral decision that someone who visits women in the Philippines is to be rejected from polite society and should be ineligible for political office.

That was the whole point of your previous post was it not?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 12:03pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Anyone for tennis?

https://theunaustralian.net/2022/05/11/scomos-former-creepy-mate-asks-al...

The entire point of your post above is to shame someone on their desire to pursue love in the Philippines. Perhaps I’m wrong. Can you explain what you meant if not to try and paint Australian men desiring Phillipino women as perverts unsuitable to be considered respectable citizens?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 12:11pm

BTW….no real desire to hear a reply. I just enjoy pointing out the torturous lengths you need to go to in order to maintain your ridiculous assumptions of moral authority in the face of copious hypocrisy.

I didn’t even mention your nudge nudge wink wink stories about when you hit up the four floors of whores. Cause it’s only naughty when people you dislike do it I guess.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 12:33pm

Mentor Gates (Brookfield) married #1 Fan Mike Cannon-Brookes > Takeover (AGL)

C 200 is making a fresh 3rd AGL takeover bid today (Now!)...during caretaker mode!
https://newstral.com/en/article/en/1220056450/expert-warns-cannon-brooke...
Recall all the dirty deals are done during this notorious period.

Pastor Daggy Dad has vowed to unnul the TEAL Threesome.

https://themarketherald.com.au/agl-energy-asxagl-rejects-updated-brookfi...

Gates's boutique Natrium Nuke Plants prop up Renewables on rainy windless days!
Natrium even sounds Green ...All say Aye!
https://www.terrapower.com/our-work/natriumpower/

Gates is seeking New Markets & Oz AGL has sucker stamped all over it!
Gates is not biggest the Brookfield share holder but he scoops the Nukes.
https://stockcircle.com/portfolio/bill-gates/bam/transactions

Why!
Well...Gates Pandemic opened up multi options! (Pandemic & War)
Pandemic : "Emergency" sanctions GM Vax > GM Medi / Agriculture Food Emergency.
US lever Oz Mass Medi Pot (Seeds'n'weeds) to backdoor GM breakthru into EU market.

War : Russia's #1 customer Gates (Uranium) Emergency Exempt from World Sanctions!
US (AUKUS) are forcing Nuke Power onto it's OZ ally...How! Go ask France?
US Subs need Nuke refuelling & Nuke weapon storage in 'every' Oz Naval Port!
War on China back doors Oz Nuke Powered Cities & Nuke Power Grid!
Gate's Pandemic +War =Global Nukes/GM minefield (No rubber Stamps, piece of piss!)
Gate's has best & only US Nuke Tech compliance for Oz Nuke Weapons Storage.
We must assume these City beach sites are to be Nuke Grid compatible.
Today: NATO award Oz $50m Warship Missile Contract...
Where to Store & load them Nukes? Need a Rail Port! Aren't they near big cities!
https://www.aumanufacturing.com.au/bae-systems-australia-secures-50m-gui...

May: PM Howard : "AUKUS Nuke Subs means it's inevitable for a Civil Nuke Industry!"

Oz sold grid to Brookfield (Canada) $10.2m + $2.7b Telstra mobile Towers last month.
https://www.infrastructureinvestor.com/themes-of-the-year-the-take-priva...
https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/04/14/uniti-group-m-a-morrison

Gavi Gates Accenture 1D 2020 recently ran our YES/NO plebiscite & 2021 Census.
Don't be surprised if Scomo sold 2022 AEC Election to Gates as well. (Not Joking!)
Twiddling our Votes on his Play Station...that's his job!

Vanguard / Gates / Holmes a'Court / Grok's C 200 Nuke Party branded Independents.

Q: Are AGL targeting specific Energy Portfolio seats to swing a deal?
Bloody good Question & answer is Yes, but No but! Mostly just the Treasurer's seat
Treasurer's seat Kooyong is in the News & is the only seat not bound be sea?
1) Frydenberg kicked Simon outta the Polo Club...for selling AGL Coal Station.
https://www.afr.com/politics/simon-holmes-court-s-personal-battle-with-j...
2) Treasurer will block the merger! That's it! 2 Strikes...He's history!
3) C 200 Teals target Liberal Jew's sea change seats...
eg: Frydenburg / Sharma / Tehan / Zimmerman / Falinski / Wilson / Fletcher etc
Most others don't identify but either work with or hang with 2 or more said here!
tbb refuses to spend time on the matter other than Jews hold most targeted seats.
Quick search reveals same Jews have Swastikas / Mini Mos / Pedo / Dick pics on signs!
Not saying C 200 hired muscle is behind it, just that it occurs mostly in prized seats.

Oddity was 1 staunch Catholic candidate in lone WA seat which blew Nazi theory?
Perhaps Lib WA family History with Holmes a' Court? Like Payback with Josh!
Ruling out this Jewish thread proved difficult as it was the overwhelming connect.
C 200 also has a Jewish candidate with same Artwork...so maybe something else?

tbb always needed to check the seats locale but needed an interactive map as here...
Mostly to compare seats to Electricity Grid...this was always the most logical link!
https://absstats.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=daa7d32...
This Map (Slowly) but intently reveals 'all' C 200 seats back onto free Water Supply.
Meaning : Both Missile storage Sites for Subs + free cooling systems (All in one!)

Seachange doubles more so to link in with Jewish seats having real estate developers.
Just saying Florida / Sydney / Goldie Seachange real estate history goes on forever.
It also doubles down on innocent link + reveals prized Harbour location is always key!

Crew won't see seats in a grid pattern but Key acquisition seats to boss the ADF grid!
Many key North Sydney Seats are chosen by C 200, but only need 1 or 2 Nuke sites.
As all back onto Free Water...can't lose! Soon as 1 spikes ya bump up yer $ Campaign.
We see $20-$40k candidate deposit > grows as Vote Grows > $100 > $500k more...
All of a sudden the sitting Lib is dobbing in 1 million front yard signs to the Council.
No! Not a joke as Lib candidates have got yer number & you are busted! Better run!

Also shows that the Larger seats host Grid Junctions (Needed for Nuke Connect)
This enables instant Nuke Supply thru-out Oz Grid...we become instant Nuke Slaves!
Idea being to exploit War on China to race Oz Nuke hook fast & forever rorted!
To the Victor go the Spoils...re: Gates goin' in whole hog right now!

Seats swings needed range from 1.4% > 22.1%
tbb hasn't checked well enough but C 200 Millionaire Club can claw back 10% easy!
Meaning $500k can easily buy 50% of electorate just by selling Chix Pastel web sites!

Wotz goin' on is punters think Libs are copping a basting when it's Gates buying Votes!
ALP dream of 10% swings that Gates is pulling!

ALP preference C 200 > 2nd 6x > 3rd 8x > 4th 3x
Greens preference C 200 > 2nd 16x > 3rd 1x

Extraordinary power for a New Party that refuses to preference either!
Question must be asked how C 200 became top running mates for Greens & ALP?
Are both Greens & ALP stooges for Gates AGL Boutique Mod Nukes
If so...this must be outed front & centre before the electorate Votes!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 1:55pm
burleigh wrote:

Hey Constance, still waiting on you to tell me how voting for Clive is a vote for scotty. Thanks

Still waiting Karen.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 2:45pm
burleigh wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Still waiting Karen.

The UAP party has (again) preferenced the liberals in some “key” electorates (not doing this was a key election promise from the UAP the past 12 months + & already broken):

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/liberals-to-benefit-from-uap-pre...

Assuming you actually live in Burleigh or its surrounds no further north than Miami or south of Cooly, the UAP head for McPherson is still sticking to the original party script of “putting the majors last”, read: liberal, labor, greens:

https://www.joshuaberrigan.com.au/how-to-vote

If people actually read and follow these how to vote cards sent out by the propaganda arm of each party then preferences really do matter:

https://www.themonthly.com.au/blog/russell-marks/2022/03/2022/1646262049...

https://theconversation.com/explainer-how-does-preferential-voting-work-...

Also, 2019 anyone? Palmer's attack ads towards the tailend played a major role in gifting Scomo the “unwinnable” against the "Bill (Shorten) Australia can’t afford”....

"Scott Morrison has been returned as Prime Minister and he's only done so because of the 3.5 per cent vote of United Australia Party," Mr Palmer said.
"That 3.5 per cent gives you a 7 per cent margin in play and that's been the difference.
"Our Shifty Shorten ads across Australia … I think have been very successful in shifting the Labor vote."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-19/election-2019-clive-palmer-says-u...

Lastly:

Deputy Labor leader Tanya Plibersek said her party's cause suffered at the hands of the United Australia Party's (UAP) advertising blitz, with the main objective being to "trash Labor".
"We faced a very cashed-up scare campaign from the UAP," she said.

"Factoring into Labor's defeat were the Liberal Party's preference deals with UAP and Pauline Hanson's One Nation."

So, technically you're correct to ask how voting UAP in the electorate you live in is a vote for Scotty at this stage. However, it's assumed you're not taking the piss or being naive in some weird bubble and being argumentative for stupidities sake. The closer we get to May 21, watch the bullshit ramp up and promises go out the window.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 2:29pm

Because UAP is preferencing the LNP in many seats.
UAP is a liberal stooge party, designed to stop the bleed to one nation with far-right voters.

"Clive Palmer’s United Australia party will recommend preferencing the Liberals and Nationals ahead of Labor in a swathe of key marginal seats, in a boost to Scott Morrison’s election prospects.

Despite Palmer previously promising the party would preference all incumbents last as part of his concerted campaign against the two major parties, UAP has decided to recommend preferences to at least three Liberal incumbent MPs in key marginal seats, including Gladys Liu in Chisholm, Fiona Martin in Reid, and Bridget Archer in Bass.

It will also support Liberal incumbents Jason Falinski in Mackellar and Dave Sharma in Wentworth, who are under threat from so-called teal independents, with both candidates trading the second preference position with the UAP."

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 3:25pm
burleigh wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Still waiting Karen.

Clive just announced all preferences to lnp in marginal seats. Maybe that one, pretty similar to the last election. You are voting for favours for Clive if you’re voting UAP. Themes the facts. If you’re paying attention

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 3:50pm
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Still waiting Karen.

Clive just announced all preferences to lnp in marginal seats. Maybe that one, pretty similar to the last election. You are voting for favours for Clive if you’re voting UAP. Themes the facts. If you’re paying attention

It's only a vote for LNP if you follow preference's order suggested, but people are free to choose where their preferences go anyway...its purely a suggestion.

Surprisingly and sadly there is a few areas Clive has preferenced Labor ahead of LNP for strategic reasons apparently, so if Burleigh lived and voted in this area and was following preferences suggestions his vote would be a vote for Labor.

BTW. correct me if im wrong but a vote for UAP in the senate might not flow onto LNP or Labor anyway.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 3:50pm

Voting Clive?

Off course!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 3:55pm

Sorry I wont be voting for Clive but i will put him ahead of teals, Greens & Labor and any far left nutcase party.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 3:54pm

Voted today. I feel like party hawkers lined up all the way to the building entrance should be banned, like fundo morons outside abortion clinics, just embarrassing.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 4:09pm
Sprout wrote:

Voted today. I feel like party hawkers lined up all the way to the building entrance should be banned, like fundo morons outside abortion clinics, just embarrassing.

Couldn't agree more. Where do they find those kooks from and how do they not feel the embarrassment I feel just being around them. Political junkies, almost cult like.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 4:15pm

You’ll find two of them on here…guy and supa…ha ha.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 4:17pm
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Still waiting Karen.

You do understand that you're in control of your preferences right?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 4:19pm

Burleigh….Clive is an LNP weapon. Designed to dilute the vote against the LNP and preference as many as possible back to Scummo and his litany of fuckstiks.

Don’t believe a word that fat cnt says.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 4:27pm

"Only two per cent of 18-29 year olds believe that politicians are working in the best interests of young Australians"

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/whats-up-in-your-world-trip...

I'm not sure how representative Triple J listeners are of young Australians these days but nevertheless that result alone while obvious is still pretty alarming.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 4:49pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

Burleigh….Clive is an LNP weapon. Designed to dilute the vote against the LNP and preference as many as possible back to Scummo and his litany of fuckstiks.

I don’t see it in 2022. Plus we’re in control of where our preferences go.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:15pm
burleigh wrote:

that's not what's at dispute here, preferences that is.

On that, it is safe to say that any person who votes for The UAP or Clive Palmer is and has traditionally been ideologically aligned with the liberal/national party before his party existed. Considering he's been aligned/member of the liberal nationals since the 70s and vocally anti-Labor.

If you don't see it in 2022. Then what do you see when you read articles highlighting the UAPs support of Scomos Coalition and his war chest of coin sitting at the ready. You're throwing a vote to Scomo by going UAP man, I don't see how you can't see that. Even if it's just a symbolic fuck you to the main players.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:09pm
Ben Harding wrote:
Sprout wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Where do they find those kooks from and how do they not feel the embarrassment I feel just being around them. Political junkies, almost cult like.

Opti said “ You’ll find two of them on here…guy and supa…ha ha. “ ………….cults hey , which cult are you in again opti ? Your brethren LNP needs to confess their sins .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:27pm
Ben Harding wrote:
burleigh wrote:

On that, it is safe to say that any person who votes for The UAP or Clive Palmer is and has traditionally been ideologically aligned with the liberal/national party before his party existed. Considering he's been aligned/member of the liberal nationals since the 70s and vocally anti-Labor.

If you don't see it in 2022. Then what do you see when you read articles highlighting the UAPs support of Scomos Coalition and his war chest of coin sitting at the ready. You're throwing a vote to Scomo by going UAP man, I don't see how you can't see that. Even if it's just a symbolic fuck you to the main players.

Last election even with UAP preferenceing LNP 35% of UAP preferences still went to Labor, because there is sadly a lot of blue collar workers or just knock about Aussies in regional areas that still favour Labor even though Labor don't care about mining, the building industry, blue collar workers or people in regional areas and are completely woke.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:30pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Ben Harding wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Last election even with UAP preferenceing LNP 35% of UAP preferences still went to Labor, because there is sadly a lot of blue collar workers or just knock abou Aissies i regional areas that still vote Labor even though Labor don't care about mining, the building industry, blue collar workers or people in regional areas.

Where'd you get that 35% figure from indo?

"Both UAP and One Nation voters’ preferences flowed to the Coalition at a rate of about 65%."

The presentation of data has a considerable impact. Some interesting para's further on in that piece that has me thinking I must admit.

https://www.tallyroom.com.au/38932

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:34pm

Ha ha supa, I’m a swing voter….you however are a rusted on Labor kook ….even though Kristina Keneally is going to be in charge of border force…Should be effective.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:39pm
Optimist wrote:

Ha ha supa, I’m a swing voter….you however are a rusted on Labor kook ….even though Kristina Keneally is going to be in charge of border force…Should be effective.

The brethren in the LNP are in a spot of bother , best you get praying for a miracle , Scotty loves miracles .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:43pm
Ben Harding wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Ben Harding wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Last election even with UAP preferenceing LNP, 35% of UAP preferences still went to Labor, because there is sadly a lot of blue collar workers or just knock abou Aissies i regional areas that still vote Labor even though Labor don't care about mining, the building industry, blue collar workers or people in regional areas.

Where'd you get that 35% figure from indo?

"Both UAP and One Nation voters’ preferences flowed to the Coalition at a rate of about 65%."

The presentation of data has a considerable impact. Some interesting para's further on in that piece that has me thinking I must admit.

https://www.tallyroom.com.au/38932

Read it in an article today but yeah

65% LNP + 35% Labor = 100%

Assume you read my post wrong, maybe it wasnt worded real well.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:56pm

Think it’s going to take more than a miracle to transform this nut job . 6-A06-A61-B-169-B-4-E2-A-B34-E-612-D99-F501-C8

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 7:21pm

Predicted this weeks ago

"The Morrison government has highlighted that the minimum wage has risen higher than inflation and wage growth for the past decade, potentially providing a strong fallback as employers seek to keep unions’ wage claim below a cost-of-living spike.

Economists say a more than 5 per cent pay rise, as backed by unions and Labor leader Anthony Albanese, risks further increasing inflation, even if it is below the projected mid-year Consumer Price Index of 5.5 per cent. But they are split on whether the economy can afford a large one-off pay rise to maintain demand."

https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers/workplace/real-minimum-wage-growth-...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 7:33pm

So in a ‘ strong ‘ economy , businesses can’t afford to lift the minimum wage but CEOs and politicians can have their pays significantly raised with nil effect on the ‘ strong ‘ economy . My question is , when is a good time to lift the minimum wage ? when the cost of living is skyrocketing in this ‘ strong ‘ economy are we supposed to lift the minimum wage when the economy is weak ? Seems this government doesn’t want wage increases no matter what the economy is doing .

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 7:34pm

If Labor want to stick it to LNP they will increase the tax free threshold from $18200 to $25000 and then reduce the next bracket rate from 19% to 10%. That would probably be better than the minimum wage and LNP would look like total losers. But Labor won’t do such things.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 7:36pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Predicted this weeks ago

"The Morrison government has highlighted that the minimum wage has risen higher than inflation and wage growth for the past decade, potentially providing a strong fallback as employers seek to keep unions’ wage claim below a cost-of-living spike.

Economists say a more than 5 per cent pay rise, as backed by unions and Labor leader Anthony Albanese, risks further increasing inflation, even if it is below the projected mid-year Consumer Price Index of 5.5 per cent. But they are split on whether the economy can afford a large one-off pay rise to maintain demand."

https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers/workplace/real-minimum-wage-growth-...

How long since you’ve raised your hourly rate or increased quoting price Indo?

Then there’s this….

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 7:44pm

The minimum wage discussion is a bit of a nonsense. Most companies don’t employ minimum wage staff so no effect. The biggest impact would be in hospitality and retail. And if they need to pass on a bit of an increase to the consumers who cares, let them. It’s not that big of a deal to lift the minimum wage, they should just do it.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 7:53pm

New billboards around the Cook Shire, and promise of a new trophy for Scomo's cabinet

280075283-148537477688965-8856791762337587030-n

279756019-554282449398784-6111421571161511617-n

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 7:57pm

Coal is so, so, so nasty I question why it was put in the ground in the first place - someone's got a lot to answer for!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 7:59pm

“How long since you’ve raised your hourly rate or increased quoting price Indo?”

Works part-time, charges what he likes and this year plans to go back to the Dutch East Indies for a couple of months but the the lowest paid can get fucked, off course

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 8:05pm

Re minimum wage discussions, a fair number of people are affected by any decisions associated with its adjustment. It’s an great way to stimulate the economy by giving people enough to actually live on, knowing that the money is going to be circulated sooner rather than later.
“Ten per cent of adult employees, excluding juniors and workers who are not employees, receive an hourly wage of less than or equal to the FMW. This includes 3 per cent receiving wages of no more than 80 cents below or 20 cents above the exact FMW. Another 9 per cent of adult employees have wages up to $2.20 per hour above the FMW. depending on how closely their wages move in response to an adjustment of the minimum, as many as 1.4 million adult employees have hourly wages that are directly or indirectly affected by FMW decisions.”
https://melbourneinstitute.unimelb.edu.au/assets/documents/hilda-bibliog...

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 8:12pm

“More broadly, a typical middle earner can expect $250 a year, whereas a typical earner in the top fifth can expect $4,230 according to a separate analysis by the parliamentary budget office”

https://theconversation.com/stand-by-for-the-oddly-designed-stage-3-tax-...

Like Indo said. Labor policy are liberal lite.

“The Stage 3 tax cuts were opposed by Labor at first, but are now backed by Labor treasury spokesman Jim Chalmers after “weighing up a whole range of considerations”.

They are overwhelmingly directed at high earners.”

Wishing hard for a minority government….

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 8:22pm

Stage 3 tax cuts are needed. But so are those in the lower brackets. Weakness of all 3 stage tax cuts is that they left $18200 tax free threshold unchanged. In real terms, those on very small incomes (often part time) are hurt the most. This threshold has been around for a long time now and forecast is keeping it the same in 24/25.

Change in lower and higher brackets can happen simultaneously. These are not mutually exclusive things.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 8:24pm

Can’t scare the aspirationals, Bonza. Pretty sad state of affairs.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 9:19pm

“Stage 3 tax cuts are needed”

Why?

“Change in lower and higher brackets can happen simultaneously. These are not mutually exclusive things.”

But they are in the real world.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 9:38pm

So the Coalition are better economic managers, pity the numbers don't represent that on a global scale.

Scott and Josh “superior economic managers”? Not according to the IMF

"This week, when Scott Morrison and Josh Frydenberg were intensifying their message that “Australia’s economic recovery was leading the world”, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) released a batch of documents which indicated, “No, it isn’t”."

"Gross domestic product per capita in US dollars
Gross domestic product, above, measures the total income for the entire nation, so obviously high-population countries like China and India will have greater GDP than Australia or Switzerland. So the more important measure is GDP per person which, fortunately, the IMF also records for 161 countries.

Towards the end of Labor’s last term of office, in 2012 and 2013, Australia ranked a creditable sixth on this measure globally, behind only the small rich nations Luxembourg, Norway, Qatar, Switzerland and Macao.

After the Coalition won office in 2013, Australia’s income per person tumbled badly. In 2014, Australia was passed by Denmark. Then in 2015 Australia fell behind the USA, Ireland, Singapore and Iceland to rank eleventh. The latest column has Australia still at eleventh, having been overtaken by Brunei but ahead of Macao.

Jobless rates
In Labor’s last year, Australia’s unemployment rate as measured by the IMF ranked 25th out of 106 countries.
Ranking tumbled to 40th for the next four years after the Coalition took office in 2013, then fell further to 44th in 2018 and 45th in 2019. Australia recovered slightly in 2020 to rank 42nd, then a much better 31st in 2021 – but still below our global ranking a decade ago."

But there is more if you read the article...

https://michaelwest.com.au/scott-and-josh-superior-economic-managers-not...

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 10:20pm

@bonza

The goal was to lower the overall tax burden on everyone earning up to $200k. I agree with this as there is a lot of tax being paid by people in this bucket and by the time it kicks in (2024-25) the value of money will be much smaller due to inflation. Obviously, the way system is designed, those earning $200k+ will also indirectly benefit from the scheme. The question we might want to ask is should there be additional taxation on those earning more than $200k? Reform is designed to move the 45% rate from $180k to $200k which is fine by me but that doesn't mean we cannot introduce another one at something like $250k. I wouldn't have any issues with that.

As per the original tax framework (this was back in 2017-18), someone on $200k would have to pay $63,232 in tax.

As per stage 3 tax cuts that liability will be $51,592.

I find the first option too much and ~$50k is more realistic and appropriate in my opinion. Also, it is derived from a much simpler framework that prevents bracket creep. This is a problem for many who find themselves in the opportunity to get better roles but effectively they are taking 30-40% more responsibility at work while only pocketing a 10% increase in their net cash earnings (these numbers are a bit arbitrary but not far from the truth in my experience).

Obviously, people on different incomes from $1 to $200k will feel the benefits differently. And this is where the goal and brackets become non mutually exclusive items (from the policy perspective). So, I agree that roughly $50k is appropriate for up to $200k but complaints that are floating around are that the distribution of benefits (from the original framework) of ~$11k is skewed too much to the higher incomes. Now, you can change brackets whichever way you like and still get the same outcome of having a ~$50k liability for $200k of income. This is what I meant for non mutually exclusive, I think it wasn't clear originally. For example, a tax-free threshold of $18200 is not changing which is not good. You can increase this to let's say $25k (which benefits low-income earners, basically earning up to~$2k per month and they never have to pay tax) and change the 30% rate into a 32% rate (I would need to work this out more precisely, just throwing numbers out there for discussion purposes). You can keep tweaking these in many different directions and still get the outcome of ~$50k for a $200k income.

So I'm not against tweaking as long as the overall liability stays as per plan. Hopefully, this clarifies my position.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 1:34am

Howard's GST decimated Australian Productivity!
Layered GST penalises High Tech assembly = No Australian made Nothing!
No amount of handouts ever halted Oz production slide into Oblivion.
Libs have a Question : "Wot'z Production?"
Making our own stuff instead of rewarding imports of useless crap and on selling it to us as shit!

Made in Australia wasn't an election issue until this week! Kinda isn't, coz all ignored it!
{Key!} LP = Labour Production + MP = Multifactor Productivity (Bang for yer Buck or Value Add)

1996 Howard inherited a shit hot Productivity rate from Labor of LP 4.4% + MP 2.4%
1999/00 Howard blew the lot LP 0.6% + MP 0.1%

Howard instantly knew that he & Libs are pretty shit with the Economy! This becomes his signature!
Threatens to rollout biggest ever tax on Oz Productivity { GST } > The end of Oz Made everything!

Ironically a Pre GST Boom on Housing & Everything > racing before end of Australian Made Era kicked in.
tbb attests: Local family firms pushing out 30 -40 homes / month in Local area.

2001/02 Howard did Nothing but mandate fear > restoring LP 4.8% + MP 3.2% (Howard's Yo Yo era!)
Meaning he is a fucking idiot with zero control or ideas on what an Oz economy is & where to find one!
2002/03 Howard's GST failed miserably > LP 0.8% + MP 0.1%
tbb attests : Local Family firms now cutting prices fighting for 3 homes / month 1,000km from home!
Most of us were down at CES on regular Basis...(Howard has no idea how many families his GST destroyed)
tbb's family & school mates / neighbours / families all 20yrs long working men left to rot & lost Homes & kids!

Oz dream was over > Forever! Howard offsets his [L] fuck up with (Middle Class Welfare) Handouts!
2003 Howard's laughable $21,000 Home rebate for $50-$100k GST real impost was a gift to developer donors!
Experts : It just rises the prices higher & higher to this day forever & ever! A Total Fuck Up from the biggest loser!
2003 Treasurer: Pimping wives in illegal DIY Brothels...$5,000 barcode babies for 2023 [L] War on China Army!
2003/04 Bricks'n'Mortar'n'Baby Bonus = LP 3.3% > MP 1.7% ( Yo-Yo mad they are! Do I press or pull Johnny! )
2004/05 GST had now killed Manufacturing it's dead (Johnny's Brother came begging for WR handout & got it!)

It's dead you fuckwit! Your GST killed it...LP 0.2% + MP - 0.9% (Type O negative) Howard is an economic Disaster!
2005/06 Howard keeps throwing Handouts > Factories / Car Industry > LP 1.3% + 2006/07 MP -0.6%
2007/08 Howard's GST has decimated Oz productivity > LP 0.7% + MP -0.6%
Note every time he threw more at the GST the less it gives back! Gee! ( Coz that's how it works you fucking Moron! )
Oz was now owing more than it Produces ...now backpedalling!
From GST Oz Productivity slides more & more each & every day & has never been more dead than now. (Losers!)
Howard / Costello are the most Anti Oz Made pathetic treasurers in Oz history! Sure! They got the Sack! All Over!

Dec 2007 Kevin 07 World Economic Crisis Recovery > School Builds
2009/10 Lifts Building > LP 3% + MP 1%
2010/11 Money dries up > LP 0.1% + MP - 0.6
(Yo-Yo due to Pink Bat Deaths ending programs > Note more deaths under Howard's Solar Rooftop Race) True!
June 2010 Gillard
2011/12 Blue Collar Job Pack $1.6b Oz Manufacture (Aero/Transit) > LP 3.6% + MP 1.4%
2012/13 Money dries up > LP 2.4% + MP 0.4%
2013/14 Kevin 2.0 > LP 2.7% + MP 1.1%

Modern Lib era just gets more sad as Productivity dries up...Libs have no plan & no fuckin' Idea about economy!
No! Not just sayin' it...plot every line on the graph from GST to now...tbb is being ultra nice!
Sure! Watch Breaky TV Lib economic hero version...don't solve their fuck up that freezes Oz solid.
Here, have a go at this pathetic Lib lineup! Makes yer cry it does! Disappearing up our own arses!

2013 Abbott > 2014/15 LP 2.1% +1% ( Note only Libs inherit +Productivity & Fuck it up! )
2015 Libs bludge > LP 1% + 0.8% So fuckin' Lazy & can't be trusted to run economy Ever!

2016/17 Turnbull NBN & Again Oops! Try that Again! OMG just Stop already! LP 1.4% + MP 0.9%
2018/19 Nothin' Doing > 0% + 0.7%

2019/20 Morrison LP 1.8% + MP 0% (Nothing to see but more Lazy Lib economics asleep at the wheel!)
2020/21 Covid Era LP 1.1% + 0.2%
2021/22 Covid recovery LP heading South + MP Flat lining

Liberal's GST destroyed Oz economy & no amount of PM's Cash Splash or Hand outs can revive Oz!

GST balloon on Nation Building Mass Civil / Tech = 30% > 40% > 50% outlay...you can see it in the Graph!
GST forced Howard to abandon 50% / 50% state deals down to 10%-15% = State Toll Roads Boom! We pay!
Recall Telstra /Airports / Planes Sale was to build Fast Rail (Howard : Wot Fast Rail?) He fucked the Lot...it's over!

Wotz Next! Albo's Nation Building Plan needs to cull GST Oz multi tiered Production creep before it begins!
Half or more will be blown on GST & will default to imports. ALP always promised a GST review...where is it!
Without it, this will turn to shit > Return to Howard's crazy person Yo Yo Productivity Spikes!
https://anthonyalbanese.com.au/my-plan/a-future-made-in-australia-2
Only by gutting & restructuring our penalising GST can Oz regain it's Productivity to compete on World scale.

Hands up ! Any who foresee our Productivity Graph heading north!
Doubt if any of our grandchildren will ever live a full year of average Oz productivity in their lifetime!
That's a pretty low bar Election Promise...sadly not one Future Oz leader will ever soar so high.
All see the problem! Only the GST review can restore & reward Oz productivity...Our Future!

https://www.afr.com/policy/economy/the-part-of-the-economy-making-woeful...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 7:48am

Regarding min wage

It's not about not wanting to see min wage increased as such, but even economist agree increasing it by the same rate as inflation, would only fuel inflation further, which then only increase pressure on RBA to increase interest rates.

This is what Abo is suggesting which is irresponsible and exactly what i said weeks ago Labor would try do if elected.

People just hear wage rises and are like me me me,,,,without considering the wider impact.

Australia already has the worlds highest min wage, the second highest is luxembourg almost $1USD less, this is already a problem for Australia in regard to being competitive in any manner for any manufacturing left in Australia.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 7:52am

BTW. Anyone that was against extreme Covid lockdowns and mandates ect, be honest with yourself and ask yourself if Labor was in would restrictions and mandates pressure ect have been harsher????

Covid seems to be over, but there still is a risk around the corner a new strain could pop up and put us back to how things were.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 8:07am

Indo- The federal Scott Morrison government has explicitly, directly and corruptly created a situation where Australians are paying more for energy than almost anywhere despite us being the source of most of the energy used by other nations.

If you truly gave a rat’s arse about international competitiveness , which you obviously do not, you would be tearing your hair out with frustration like those trying to operate an Australian based manufacturing business.

I posted a story above about this very situation. Spare me the crocodile tears about wages mate. I imagine you’ve jacked your rates up as you please but you somehow think those on minimum wage aren’t entitled to the same quality of life?

Australian’s quality of life is going backwards specifically due to the behaviour of the LNP. A vote for the LNP is a vote for a worsening future for yourself and your family. This isn’t a guess, it’s fact.

To then have Scummo and his band of treacherous thieves lie and insult the public to their face whilst doing so isnt just the lowest point in Australian political history, it’s also pretty damn rank amongst our cultural history to have the heads of government sneering at the electorate as they sell the, out to their business mates.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 8:16am
GuySmiley wrote:

“How long since you’ve raised your hourly rate or increased quoting price Indo?”

Works part-time, charges what he likes and this year plans to go back to the Dutch East Indies for a couple of months but the the lowest paid can get fucked, off course

Don’t forget……. Collects Welfare when he can.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 8:29am

Australian’s quality of life is going backwards specifically due to the behaviour of the LNP. A vote for the LNP is a vote for a worsening future for yourself and your family. This isn’t a guess, it’s fact.

It's not fact at all, my experience and everyone i knows quality of life has only increased over the last 20+ years.

If anyone's life is getting worse its their own fault, 19 of the last 22 years have been under LNP, its been a golden period of opportunity, the vehicle to achieving a quality of life is a job, we currently have an unemployment rate at historical lows

Even things that labor voters always try to scare people with saying LNP will destroy like medical care have increased greatly in this period, in the 90s even on the dole with a health care card there was times i had to pay to see a doctor, now even as a business owner i havent paid to see a doctor in years, and if i hurt myself or need medical services its super rare to pay anything, a medication i take for the last 20 years has gone from $30 down to $10.

It's all Labor lies, like that TV advert where Scomo is saying its not my job, last night i saw where the footage from this advert come from and its all completely taken out of context, Labor are full of lies.

We pay more for energy because it cost slightly more here to produce but also they can charge us more for energy because on average we generally earn more than many countries, its why we get charged more for anything online that cost exactly the same to produce, things like netflix or when iTunes was big or even things like Ripcurl wetsuits or Firewire boards, made in Asia for same cost but sold in Australia at a higher price than places like USA, because we can afford to pay more, that sucks but its the market.

BTW. Yes i put my prices up as i like, but my wife is a low paid hourly rate worker.