That’s weird, that’s queer, that’s crazy, that deserves a long hard look.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill started the topic in Monday, 25 Oct 2021 at 7:04pm
basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Wednesday, 6 Sep 2023 at 5:52pm

I'm not sure constantly labelling people who do things that you don't do as wannabe 'heroes' does much to advance your case, burleigh. Unlike you, I wasn't 'proud' of a mask stance, just got on with my day.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 6 Sep 2023 at 6:14pm
basesix wrote:

I'm not sure constantly labelling people who do things that you don't do as wannabe 'heroes' does much to advance your case, burleigh. Unlike you, I wasn't 'proud' of a mask stance, just got on with my day.

Well, i was proud of my refusal to wear a mask. That i took a moment to look around and see how ridiculous the whole thing was. I'm also proud that myself and my family never got the experimental vaccine. I also got on with my life as normal as i could and supported the small businesses that also stood up for themselves.

If anyone refused me entry for no mask or vaccine i still will not support that business.

Mario Speedwagon's picture
Mario Speedwagon's picture
Mario Speedwagon Wednesday, 6 Sep 2023 at 6:16pm

Berlei?

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Wednesday, 6 Sep 2023 at 6:33pm
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

Well, i was proud of my refusal to wear a mask. That i took a moment to look around and see how ridiculous the whole thing was. I'm also proud that myself and my family never got the experimental vaccine. I also got on with my life as normal as i could and supported the small businesses that also stood up for themselves.

If anyone refused me entry for no mask or vaccine i still will not support that business.

I think that is fine, burleigh.
Anyone in small business that got smashed has the right to be dark as hell about what we all went through. Life changing. Fkd. Totally get it. I assume you have a personal story about all that, you eluded to it on the 'open a surfshop' thread and mentioned considering a sunglasses business, too. It'd be interesting to hear your story one day if it's something you can be bothered with, I reckon people would get a lot out of it.
(sorry if you already have shared, as I have said to you, I avoided socials and forums during 'it all' for my mental health)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 11:01am
stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 11:05am

The comments on that post are incredible.

Australia, take a look at your tomorrow.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 11:45am

yup, that's what I took away, stu.
what the hell has that country become.
what pseudo-society are we paddling toward.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 11:50am
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 11:54am
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 12:05pm

I really couldn't give a shit if obama is a bit gay or not...

Same with the coke

But geez, shit's about to get real whacky...

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 12:23pm
stunet wrote:

Tomorrow is here now and has been for some time Stu, I'm sorry to say.

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 12:47pm
Wilhelm Scream wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
stunet wrote:

#Vote NO

Sorry mate, I need more detail before I vote no.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 12:52pm
A Salty Dog wrote:
Wilhelm Scream wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
stunet wrote:

#Vote NO

Sorry mate, I need more detail before I vote no.

It should be the opposite. Need more detail before you vote yes. Australian government is guilty until proven innocent

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 1:03pm

It takes an American UFC fighter to call Australia out. Good on him, but will he be deported before his fight this weekend?

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 3:45pm

Sean Strickland is a tool! Not to be taken seriously.

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 4:11pm
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

During Covid, my wife was experiencing respiratory problems which were taking some time to diagnose: this was on top of the Parkinsons she deals with every single day.

Covid was particularly dangerous to those whose health was already compromised: the hospitals were testament to that.

Wearing a mask when out was a no brainer. Believe it or not mate, they work both ways to lessen the likelihood of transmission.

Maybe you should show some consideration towards others next time.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 5:56pm
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

During Covid, my wife was experiencing respiratory problems which were taking some time to diagnose: this was on top of the Parkinsons she deals with every single day.

Covid was particularly dangerous to those whose health was already compromised: the hospitals were testament to that.

Wearing a mask when out was a no brainer. Believe it or not mate, they work both ways to lessen the likelihood of transmission.

Sorry your wife is unwell.

The entire world economy doesn’t need to stop for it though.

Take responsibility for your health. If there is a virus that can affect you due to ongoing illness, you take the precautions. Wear a mask. I don’t need to wear a mask so your mask works. That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 5:56pm
soggydog wrote:

Was he wrong? If yes. How?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 6:08pm

Burls you’re getting your self-promoting clickbait from a self-confessed former white supremacist.
Wonder if Strickland would vote No?

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 6:09pm
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

Take responsibility for your health. If there is a virus that can affect you due to ongoing illness, you take the precautions. Wear a mask. I don’t need to wear a mask so your mask works. That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard

Lockdowns and simple health measures are not the same thing.

With everyone wearing a mask, you have double the protection.

Did I really have to explain that???

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 6:44pm
AndyM wrote:

Burls you’re getting your self-promoting clickbait from a self-confessed former white supremacist.
Wonder if Strickland would vote No?

Bla Bla Bla. Was what he said wrong?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 6:47pm
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

I actually had an exemption for not wearing a mask. How dare you demand i wear one. Have some consideration.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 8:03pm
burleigh wrote:
soggydog wrote:

Ever heard some of the other silly shit he’s said? . They weren’t going to let him in I think so he’s grandstanding. Whatever he’s saying might be right but the message attached is heavily diminished as he’s a cockhead. That’s how things work burls.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 8:35pm
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
soggydog wrote:

Ever heard some of the other silly shit he’s said? . They weren’t going to let him in I think so he’s grandstanding. Whatever he’s saying might be right but the message attached is heavily diminished as he’s a cockhead. That’s how things work burls.

So if you remove all the dribble, you agree what he said was correct?

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 9:31pm
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

I actually had an exemption for not wearing a mask. How dare you demand i wear one. Have some consideration.

So what exactly are you proud of? Was the exemption for medical reasons? And you’re ‘proud’ of that? Seems strange, most people I know who have medical conditions aren’t ‘proud’ of them. I mean, they’re not ‘ashamed’, but kind of get on with life as best they can. Some things can make their lives easier, like disabled parking spots, that are recognised by states and councils.

Or did you not have a medical condition, but you claimed you did so that you didn’t have to wear a mask? Is that what you’re proud of? Doesn’t seem to be a huge win for civil disobedience. Ol’ Rosa Parks here.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 7 Sep 2023 at 10:38pm

Burls surely you must be realising how essentially none of the doomsday/communist/globalist/social credit score predictions made during covid came true by now? They were just the ramblings made by your bunch of God loving anti vax nut jobs, opportunistic griters and fringe wannabe politicians. Only poor fools fell for them then and now only the dumbest of the lot still follow the rabbit hole downwards. In fact, most of what's left are ultra right conservatives who wear their homophobia as a badge of honour.

Kind of sad, the slow slide to irrelevance. I enjoyed having a laugh at it when it happened.

p.s. that pregnant woman was trying to arrange a protest, early on in the pandemic, spurred on by her own research and conspiracy beliefs. All while hospitals were scrambling down here in Vic to plan for an unprecedented event. Think she needs to take a bit of responsibility there, rather than playing victim. Of course the freedumb brigade in the US would lap up the story of her arrest- seems your at their level of intellect?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 7:13am
Stok wrote:

Burls surely you must be realising how essentially none of the doomsday/communist/globalist/social credit score predictions made during covid came true by now? They were just the ramblings made by your bunch of God loving anti vax nut jobs, opportunistic griters and fringe wannabe politicians. Only poor fools fell for them then and now only the dumbest of the lot still follow the rabbit hole downwards. In fact, most of what's left are ultra right conservatives who wear their homophobia as a badge of honour.

Kind of sad, the slow slide to irrelevance. I enjoyed having a laugh at it when it happened.

p.s. that pregnant woman was trying to arrange a protest, early on in the pandemic, spurred on by her own research and conspiracy beliefs. All while hospitals were scrambling down here in Vic to plan for an unprecedented event. Think she needs to take a bit of responsibility there, rather than playing victim. Of course the freedumb brigade in the US would lap up the story of her arrest- seems your at their level of intellect?

Oh Stok, same dribble. You’re Dan Andrew’s little lap dog.

You celebrated your states lockdown everyday and did everything the TV told you.

Except when it came to vaccinating your kids…….. what changed your mind there?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 7:15am
etarip wrote:
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

So what exactly are you proud of? Was the exemption for medical reasons? And you’re ‘proud’ of that? Seems strange, most people I know who have medical conditions aren’t ‘proud’ of them. I mean, they’re not ‘ashamed’, but kind of get on with life as best they can. Some things can make their lives easier, like disabled parking spots, that are recognised by states and councils.

Or did you not have a medical condition, but you claimed you did so that you didn’t have to wear a mask? Is that what you’re proud of? Doesn’t seem to be a huge win for civil disobedience. Ol’ Rosa Parks here.

Medical conditions are private. But that didn’t matter during covid apparently.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 7:42am
burleigh wrote:
etarip wrote:
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

a or b?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 7:51am
etarip wrote:
burleigh wrote:
etarip wrote:
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
A Salty Dog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
basesix wrote:

a or b?

Did the governments complete dismissal of medical privacy for a runny nose make you believe you can demand my medical history?

I guess if an 18 year old kid working in a cafe can ask for it, you would think that you can too.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 8:13am

I don’t GAF what your ‘condition’ is. I’m just pointing out that it’s a strange position to take to be ‘proud’ of not wearing a mask if you’ve got a medical exemption.

Like being proud of getting the parking spot closest to the shops. If you follow my drift.

Your position also seems a little inconsistent with your dismissal of the pre-existing medical conditions of others and how this informed public health measures.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 8:15am

Protected from COVID by the cloak of self-righteous indignation

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 8:19am
etarip wrote:

I don’t GAF what your ‘condition’ is. I’m just pointing out that it’s a strange position to take to be ‘proud’ of not wearing a mask if you’ve got a medical exemption.

Like being proud of getting the parking spot closest to the shops. If you follow my drift.

Your position also seems a little inconsistent with your dismissal of the pre-existing medical conditions of others and how this informed public health measures.

Dismissal? Now don’t go making shit up etarip. I’ve never dismissed anyone’s pre-existing medical condition

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 8:22am
san Guine wrote:

Protected from COVID by the cloak of self-righteous indignation

No. 99.99% of people were protected from covid by their own bodies immune system.

But the news wouldn’t tell you that. Because they wouldn’t be able to jam a trial injection into everyone’s arms.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 8:24am

I think that your position that the government should not apply preventative health measures generally, and putting the onus onto the vulnerable, is dismissive of the conditions of others.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 8:29am
etarip wrote:

I think that your position that the government should not apply preventative health measures generally, and putting the onus onto the vulnerable, is dismissive of the conditions of others.

Imagine if the government actually cared about your health.

No money in healthy people.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 8:38am
burleigh wrote:
etarip wrote:

Perhaps not, but there are costs from unhealthy people, thus we have high taxes on alcohol and cigarettes (while increasing taxes on junk food and sugar drinks have been floated). All of which are an undue burden on the health system, with the effect that the govt creates healthier people.

Ironically, taxes on any food and drinks are frowned upon by Libertarians who believe in personal responsibility, and who in general stood on the side of anti-vax during COVID.

Just another inconsistency kicking around.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 8:50am
stunet wrote:
burleigh wrote:
etarip wrote:

Perhaps not, but there are costs from unhealthy people, thus we have high taxes on alcohol and cigarettes (while increasing taxes on junk food and sugar drinks have been floated). All of which are an undue burden on the health system, with the effect that the govt creates healthier people.

Ironically, taxes on any food and drinks are frowned upon by Libertarians who believe in personal responsibility, and who in general stood on the side of anti-vax during COVID.

Just another inconsistency kicking around.

Tax should be high on junk food. I recently helped out on a school excursion and when the kids sat down to eat 80% was processed/sugar crap.
I saw a quote the other day about how fucked up we are when eating real food is considered a diet.

It feels like McDonald’s sponsor every football team from the elites down to kids under 8s

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 9:03am

Currently, the Greens are the only party advocating for a sugar or junk food tax, despite repeat findings of what its costing us via a burden on the medical system.

From 2017, following the last major report into the tax:

Two of Australia’s most outspoken crossbench senators have come out swinging against fresh calls for a junk food ban and sugar tax.

One Nation Leader Pauline Hanson there was “no way in the world” she would support such a ban or tax, after nutrition experts called for a national approach to tackling the country’s obesity problem.

“It’s about time people took responsibility for their own actions and what they put in their mouth,” she told Network Seven on Monday.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2017/02/20/hanson-hinch-reject-...

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 9:25am

Hospitals are full of people who have wantonly (sometimes ignorantly)made poor lifestyle decisions.
Individuals need to accept some responsibility for their decisions but the real question is, where do you draw the line…

Also NOBODY talks about death, the general public have a totally unrealistic expectation about what medical intervention can and can’t do at end of life…the reprise that Grandma /Grandpa/ Mum/ Dad is a “fighter” and there ‘must’ be something we can do echoes in my ears every day

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 9:31am

burleigh. fuck the govt telling people what to do.

also burleigh. the govt should tell people what to eat and drink

the irony is still strong

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 9:47am
stunet wrote:

Currently, the Greens are the only party advocating for a sugar or junk food tax, despite repeat findings of what its costing us via a burden on the medical system.

From 2017, following the last major report into the tax:

Two of Australia’s most outspoken crossbench senators have come out swinging against fresh calls for a junk food ban and sugar tax.

One Nation Leader Pauline Hanson there was “no way in the world” she would support such a ban or tax, after nutrition experts called for a national approach to tackling the country’s obesity problem.

“It’s about time people took responsibility for their own actions and what they put in their mouth,” she told Network Seven on Monday.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2017/02/20/hanson-hinch-reject-...

Next to the school on either side is a Night Owl and a 7/11.
Reckon about 20% plus kids stop in and buy either a big Slurpee or a Monster drink or something similar (660ml I think and if they but 2 they get deal) on the way to school.
Crazy they they are allowed to even sell this shit to young kids. Think it is a marketing ploy to have these shops always near a school.
Really do need a sugar tax and have control over who and how much can be bought.
12 -13 year old kids haven't got the brain development to make proper choices so Pauline's argument like the rest of them is a nonsense.
Years ago Labor brought in a red- green light labelling system for all packaged food and it was scrapped by Coalition. Food lobby has too much of a Voice!!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 10:04am
Roadkill wrote:

The fact you don’t believe government influence what we eat is fucking hilarious.

Their subsidies alone are a red flag

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 10:31am
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

The fact you don’t believe government influence what we eat is fucking hilarious.

influences are everywhere, happy to acknowledge that.

However, you have been banging on for over 2 years that govt has no right to tell Australians what to do with their bodies and what the put in them, they have no right to take away freedoms and force their agenda on the public, Yet now, you are happy for the govt to tell people what to do with their bodies and what they can put in them, they can take away freedom of choice and have an agenda imposed on them...Now it's ok, hey burleigh? You can't pick and chose to suit you.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 10:50am
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

influences are everywhere, happy to acknowledge that.

However, you have been banging on for over 2 years that govt has no right to tell Australians what to do with their bodies and what the put in them, they have no right to take away freedoms and force their agenda on the public, Yet now, you are happy for the govt to tell people what to do with their bodies and what they can put in them, they can take away freedom of choice and have an agenda imposed on them...Now it's ok, hey burleigh? You can't pick and chose to suit you.

Clutching at straws here Roadkill. I never said that.

Lots of sand at Burleigh right now. Should help you get out the back again.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 11:53am

Brutus aka MC spilling the beans on Owen Wrights head injury.
Tried surfing pipe after being up for days on a bender, allegedly..
https://beachgrit.com/2023/09/firebrand-surf-journalist-turned-conservat...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 12:43pm
goofyfoot wrote:

Derek Hynd made the same accusation on social media immediately after it. Neither apparently were in Hawaii at the time so it's, at best, second-hand information.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 1:24pm

I haven’t been to the moon Stu but I know it’s there.
No I get what you’re saying.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 1:36pm
stunet wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Derek Hynd made the same accusation on social media immediately after it. Neither apparently were in Hawaii at the time so it's, at best, second-hand information.

Fred Pawles voice irritates me more than Jane Bunns.

**edit - I didn't see any reference to MC...unless it was in the video. (I only got few seconds in before the cringe factor took over).

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 8 Sep 2023 at 1:56pm
icandig wrote:
stunet wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Fred Pawles voice irritates me more than Jane Bunns.

**edit - I didn't see any reference to MC...unless it was in the video. (I only got few seconds in before the cringe factor took over).

In comments ....