Vegan life is woke. I love vegans.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill started the topic in Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 12:38pm

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 9:01am

Roadkill - What amazes me is that you think you know how the Universal Spirit ( God ) thinks .

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 9:17am

Yeah, there's an invisible man living in the sky who created the universe in 6 days yet still needs our money.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 9:23am

Religion is pretty much corrupted now. Belief is up to the individual, but organised religion is best avoided.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 9:40am

groundswell - also amazing that you and Roadkill think you know how the Universe works . Most people on the planet believe that there is some power involved and that humans are not the centre of the universe .

I don't believe that ANY human can comprehend what this force is or thinks . Therefore I don't follow any religion . But I don't for a second think that I know whats true or that others are wrong .

If we want to take this further may I suggest we move to the religion thread ?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 9:52am

Ive already posted my views in that thread..i don't want to write anything else. People can be fragile about their beliefs they were taught from a child if they don't have critical thinking.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 10:26am
Hutchy 19 wrote:

groundswell - also amazing that you and Roadkill think you know how the Universe works . Most people on the planet believe that there is some power involved and that humans are not the centre of the universe .

I don't believe that ANY human can comprehend what this force is or thinks . Therefore I don't follow any religion . But I don't for a second think that I know whats true or that others are wrong .

If we want to take this further may I suggest we move to the religion thread ?

Move along intellectuallychallenged19. You go to whatever thread you like. I don't want to engage or take anything further with you. Run along.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 11:23am
Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 12:18pm

Every time I see this thread on the homepage all I read is 'Van life is woke'.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 12:22pm
Craig wrote:

Every time I see this thread on the homepage all I read is 'Van life is woke'.

It's actually 'Van life is woke. I love Vans'.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:21pm

Van life down here is pretty far from woke, believe me. Lots of people living in their vans as they can't afford to do anything else.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:24pm

Van life is woke for the first week, then its goes rapidly down hill after that, I want a nice comfy bed, La-Z-Boy, dressing gown, slippers, pipe, cuppa tea and a lovely TV show like Q&A

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:31pm
blindboy wrote:

Van life down here is pretty far from woke, believe me. Lots of people living in their vans as they can't afford to do anything else.

Lol.

They can’t afford anything else if they sit in a beachside carpark all day. There’s that much work available in Australia it’s off the charts. Anyone with half an ounce of go and a vehicle could travel, find work and be making good money within a very short period of time.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:39pm

Word around here in Manly with everything set to open back up is that the cafes/restaurants can't get any hospo workers. They've either flown home or some are still getting the Gov handout so don't need to work right now.

So yeah real issue getting staff. App one store was offering 65k for someone to operate the till! That's just insane.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:42pm

A tight labour market usually leads to higher wages Craig. Inconvenient for small business but long overdue for low paid workers in hospitality, aged care and child care.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:45pm

Yeh I suppose they could drive to WA and take the Chinese dollar. Some did pretty well out of it I hear. Retired early on the north coast with nothing better to do than bitch on line all day.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:49pm

A friend who owns a restaurateur in Palm Cove Qld has been terribly short of staff for approx 2 years .

Is really suffering from over work .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:54pm
blindboy wrote:

Yeh I suppose they could drive to WA and take the Chinese dollar. Some did pretty well out of it I hear. Retired early on the north coast with nothing better to do than bitch on line all day.

Meow!

Wrong. Work everywhere. I understand there’s a bit of work down the south coast? If anyone is handy with a broom there’s at least one cavernous old vagina that needs the sand swept out of it down that way….

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:55pm

Ha ha I just couldn't resist pressing your China button. A lot of them are working but the housing situation is chronic. All the negatively geared holiday homes are sitting empty and the rents for anything that is available are sky high and beyond those on a single income.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:56pm

I didn't know your mum lived down this way Blowie.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 1:57pm

that one made me chuckle Blowin.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 2:00pm

Craig makes a joke 'bout Zoomers in their vans and BANG! Back to insults.
Vrooooom! This car/van don't miss a beat!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 2:36pm

My Mum lives on the North coast!

Actually…she was speaking to a CHINESE girl at Coffs yesterday who was saying that her landlord just raised her rent from $500 to $800 per week!

At fucking Coffs Harbour!

BTW ….you know what’s good about having nothing better to do? Getting shit done at your own place at your own pace. Just finished painting out the bulkhead I built around all these exposed pipes which were on the wall/ ceiling of this old unfinished extension. They were haphazardly hidden behind this hectic angled shitstorm of loose pine boards. Its amazing how much of a lift it gives a room when you cover up the shit pipes! We did the whole lot with stuff from the tip except for a couple of Bunnings bench tops, the sink and the plumbing. Throw on a bit of paint and it’s a kitchenette for under $800.

Plus the Earth is saved from further plunder by my extreme unrivalled virtuousness in crawling through the mud covered waste pile at the tip. Not to mention we saved a few dollars in the process.

I might even celebrate completion of this stage with a sneaky Friday arvo beer.
Before

After

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 2:38pm

Nice job.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 2:40pm

Yeah bright and fresh!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 4:03pm

Yeah looks much better, nice ad clean.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 4:08pm

I think I can see a bit you missed.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 5:53pm

Just heard of a mob of emu escapees are running loose in Japan. 10 still on the lam . Like to see them deep fry those feet.
I've had emu a couple of times , not bad at all.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 6:20pm

Me too. I've had ostrich as well. Very nice.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 6:53pm

TS and Zen…Emu and Ostrich. What is the taste like? Is it similar to Chicken and how was prepared?

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 6:57pm

Should get $400 a week on airbnb for that setup

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 9:04pm

RK...Never had Ostrich . I've had emu steaks BBQed a few times , more like a lean beef than chicken for me. Mates parents owned an emu farm and he threw it on a few times. Really rich in iron and other goodies . I've also had it on it some trips out west , including wild caught . It's not that gamey at all. The eggs on the other hand are in my opinion.

Might want to get control of the situation over there Zen before they start kicking dunnies down.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 9:30pm

Emu jerky. Was good for the first day. Shithouse after about 3 days.

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 10:17pm

Me dad worked in the outback for the government after retiring he contracted work in Aboriginal communities.His colleague likes to show up at dinner parties and give us the story about eating feral cat.says its delicious.you put it straight on the coals fur and all.you know its done when the eyes start to pop out.
Just wondering if anyone has eaten feral meow mow?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 10:26pm

Quote “Just wondering if anyone has eaten feral meow mow? “Groundswell had a interesting story about this .

troppo dichotomy Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 10:30pm

Wellington!with sauce....

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 10:34pm

Never eaten a feral cat {or domestic} .I'm not sure I'll go there either.
The outback ones are bloody huge and are a pest ,,and there has been argument for serving them up on a platter next to cane toads and others for years now.
If people want to eat the bastards and help to get rid of them I don't have a problem with it.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/the-compelling-argument-for-w...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 8 Oct 2021 at 10:45pm
troppo dichotomy wrote:

Wellington!with sauce....

Yes thats the one , took me a bit to work out your reply hahaha

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 9:14am
Roadkill wrote:

TS and Zen…Emu and Ostrich. What is the taste like? Is it similar to Chicken and how was prepared?

Roadkill it's a red meat and they both taste pretty much the same and can be prepared the same as any red meat. Very low in cholesterol, fat, and calories. Makes awesome jerky too. The only difference is I don't think I've ever seen anyone ride an emu.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 9:19am

Capture

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 2:39pm

Here's something from the news the other day that stood out.

We all know that we can't use the "n" word in any way, shape or form.
Even if you use it in the context of directly quoting what has been written by a black author, it's not acceptable, as ABC presenter Michael Cathcart painfully found out at the 2017 Sydney Writers Festival.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/may/30/more-than-the-n-word-how-a...

But what about other seemingly more innocuous words?
Like segregation, for example?

Segregation can be defined as "The action or state of setting someone or something apart from others."

Pretty straightforward.

But of course, the word segregation has strong links to racial issues, most obviously in the United States but certainly in Australia as well.

Which brings us to Sam Frost, a B-grade celeb, an actor, an anti-vaxxer.

Frost's teary whinge about the treatment of anti-vaxxers was dumb, just another barely-pretty, wanna-be influencer doing her thing.
But it was her use of the word segregation in describing the treatment of anti-vaxxers that got the mob motivated.

Next thing, the social media pile-on was in full swing, (dare I use the term "lynch mob") leading to Frost deleting her Insta profile entirely.

Most likely no great loss.
Another vacuous, self-absorbed flat-earther bites the dust.

But this whole mini drama should be cause for some degree of disquiet - it's another example of how the so-called socially progressive Left would rather go for blood, for vengeance, rather than seeking understanding and communication.

Achieving compliance through intimidation.

Invoking Orwell is surely close to being the new Godwin's Law, but by crucifying those summarily found guilty of Thoughtcrime, the woke Left are at the forefront of social polarisation, not least amongst the Left itself.

https://theconversation.com/sam-frost-knows-nothing-about-segregation-wh...

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 2:48pm

Andy - a well balance post . Impressive ! A sad sign of the times . Social media is a major problem for humanity and is out of control .

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 2:57pm

No disrespect to Sam Frost, but Mike Pesca and the n word is a more interesting case.

A devil's advocate centrist type know for attacking issues from all conceivable angles on his excellent long running Slate daily podcast The Gist, Pesca referred to the word twice, in this context, after having previously referred to it in a conversation with colleagues over another person's use of it. The latter two utterances were never ultimately published.

His show was pulled.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 3:15pm

"Mike Pesca of “The Gist” said he was suspended after defending, in a Slack discussion with colleagues, the use of the slur in some contexts."

Similarly to the Michael Cathcart moment, I have real reservations about not being permitted to use the n word in specific context.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 25 Dec 2021 at 1:21pm

The best Aussie only fans vegan activist at it again. Tash, is the giftthat keeps on giving.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10343455/Vegan-activist-Tash-Pe...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 3 Sep 2022 at 8:51am

Bless her little vegan onlyfans heart.

This is a next level protest. Very clever…not an option for a screaming match. Gotta hand it to PETA for this staged piece of protest. Hopefully they take out the 2022 advertising award. Well done PETA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11167571/Tash-Peterson-Sydney-P...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 3 Sep 2022 at 9:51am
Roadkill wrote:

This is a next level protest. Very clever…not an option for a screaming match. Gotta hand it to PETA for this staged piece of protest. Hopefully they take out the 2022 advertising award. Well done PETA.

You don’t like the truth hey Roadkill.

Here’s a few more truths for ya
https://instagram.com/dominionmovement?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 3 Sep 2022 at 10:13am
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

You don’t like the truth hey Roadkill.

Here’s a few more truths for ya
https://instagram.com/dominionmovement?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

You really are a fucking moron.

I just posted the article and said how clever it was…I gave props to PETA for a clever well thought out provocative protest.

Yet you just continue to do dumb you.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 3 Sep 2022 at 12:40pm
Roadkill wrote:

At least its peaceful and not targeting a business this time and would have given people a good laugh, but come on its really not that clever, she is just a complete nutter, i highly doubt she convinced anyone not to eat meat or even think about things.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 3 Sep 2022 at 1:16pm
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 3 Sep 2022 at 1:45pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

At least its peaceful and not targeting a business this time and would have given people a good laugh, but come on its really not that clever, she is just a complete nutter, i highly doubt she convinced anyone not to eat meat or even think about things.

It triggered a lot of people…more so than many of their past protests. Less screaming and in your face as they usually do.