Climate Change

blowfly's picture
blowfly started the topic in Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020 at 9:40am

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 6:21pm

Con - I will stay with Sea Lion thanks . It has been bestowed and I am not changing to Walrus ( although I like them ) .

"pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity. "

Funny that on this site and in this woke world such traits can be viewed as offensive !

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 6:41pm

So Hutchy is really John Lennon?

Oh man. Helter Skelter… !

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 6:43pm

The definition has , as I expect you know , changed substantially since the 1930's Conny .

I am using the word in it's current context which also has many meanings . You can use whatever definition suits you . To refer to it's original reference I think Critical Race Theory is a load of shit .

What do you think ?

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 6:46pm

The sign clearly says....
"Please dont not feed the Sealion"
He will just regurgitate everything back up.......

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 6:57pm

Not that sort of guy Con .

As your attempt at entrapment was so poor I will name you Bad Trapper .

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 7:27pm

Also, clearly not an Apex predator. If you’re using any commonly used definition.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 8:12pm

Facto vs hutch. This will be good.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 8:19pm

Huzzah!

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 9 Sep 2021 at 8:29pm

ah 'Sea lioning'.. Never heard that one but I like it.
Seems this site has been infected with the Hutchy19 strain. If the thread infection rate continues on it's current trajectory SN could become a cluster.
Health orders advice against responding to these posts. If you have you should immediately self medicate and get tested for blood pressure issues.
Symptons include constant rolling of the eyes , muttering 'what the faaark' while scrolling , severe shaking of the head and uncontrollable face palming.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 4:59am

If Sealioning is the act of faking good faith in a discussion until the poster’s true agenda is revealed, whereupon being unmasked the sea Lion will then morph back into their poison tongued self whilst simultaneously claiming to be a victim, then we are watching some world class sea Lioning unfold in real time.

And I’m not talking about Hutchy.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 7:05am

I’m with bonza, , sea lion v the walrus, it will be interesting.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 7:21am

@blowin , hahaha , agreed

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 9:39am

If Facto is back SN is the better for it, mostly always entertaining especially at the expense of those who had it coming for taking themselves way too seriously.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 9:47am

Con - just read the article you posted re eggs other uses .

Quite clever combining eggs , sealions and walrus .

Looking forward to clashing tusks with you . I don't care if you are a facto persona .

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 12:36pm

California's power grid transition to renewable energy sources appears to be backfiring. The push into clean energy is not producing enough power to meet demand during hot summer days, and it's becoming harder for the Golden State to avoid rolling blackouts.

"A stunning new revelation in the state's top grid operator, California Independent System Operator, filing to US Department of Energy (DoE), titled "Request for Emergency Order Pursuant to Section 202(c) of the Federal Power Act," requested the federal government to declare an "electric reliability emergency" so it can use more fossil fuel power generation to prevent blackouts.

"An emergency order will allow the CAISO to dispatch additional generation that may be necessary for the CAISO to meet demand in the face of extremely challenging conditions including extreme heat waves, multiple fires, high winds, and various grid issues," the filing read."

California are running out of electricity and water when they need it most . Great planning !

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 1:19pm

Your almond 'latte' ain't helping the water crisis in Cali.

Cali's massive Almond crops are sucking river and ground water dry, are terrible for the soil, use enormous amounts of pesticides and herbicides that are killing bees and causing health problems in local communities.

If Chinatown were made today, Noah Cross would likely be an Almond oligarch.

https://www.mashed.com/225543/the-real-reason-almonds-are-destroying-cal...

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 1:45pm

You are right Roker . They have had good crops for the last few years . This years one is in danger of being damaged as they need a lot of water before harvesting . With Craig's view of another La Nina coming next year may be worse .

That is why I bought in on an Australian Almond grower a few months ago .

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 2:07pm

Only new to the site Con . That's why I have been suspected of being from facto genus .

Happy to reply to you even when you don't know what you are talking about .

What is your definition of being harassed ? Maybe in a wetsuit you look like a female seal ?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 2:10pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Actually, while I'm here, and talking all things seal related, has anyone seen Supafreak and the Flex Seal guy in the same room together?
Here’s a recent photo of me Conny , lockdowns are a killer. F1575-AA2-86-D0-4-F1-C-AFBA-E24-DB5-B87372

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 2:12pm

"Australia has wind resources, which are good enough to provide baseload electricity generation from wind,"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-10/offshore-wind-renewable-energy-se...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 2:14pm

A quick mood test for you Conny 2222-AD01-7009-41-AA-8140-B71-EBF24-F52-A

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 2:36pm

hehe

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 3:14pm

Supaf, you may not know it but your meme is actually based on a real life method of finding the complement of any colour by staring at a colour swatch long enough for its complement to emerge around the edge of the swatch. It’s a method used by artists because complement colours make the all important neutral greys that in turn make the thousands of tonal and colour variations that exist in real life (nature) and art.

ps your meme omitted the option of side splitting funny, something facto can be!

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 3:38pm

Con - was just trying to show you I knew the definition of ultracrepidarian .

I am married and not out looking for love in other places . As Paul Newman said " why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home ?"

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 3:42pm

Guy said “ps your meme omitted the option of side splitting funny, something facto can be! “ A1-F1-A364-F218-4-CA9-A99-E-6-E31-E573-A685

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 3:49pm

Nice work supafreak, funny

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 3:56pm

@guy , not my work but I do do love Larson , don’t mind taking the piss out of myself or friendly banter with others . Can’t take ourselves to seriously eh Guy S

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 4:10pm

Con- Why do you get pleasure in bursting balloons ?

Don't be such a smart ar.. !

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 4:24pm
Hutchy 19 wrote:

Con- Why do you get pleasure in bursting balloons ?

Don't be such a smart ar.. !

You really should get your persistent rectal discharge seen to “new to social media” sea lion

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 5:15pm
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , from what I’ve seen they don’t fill them in , they simply turn the pumps off and let the water rise . You wouldn’t want to drink that water . Surely you have flown over and looked down at all the pretty lakes ( Old mines ) with funny coloured water . Like I said it’s cheaper to renew the lease , no need to rehab the land .

hmm i think my idea of how they were rehabilitated them came from maybe what Adani have to do or something, i looked into it all a bit more and there seems to be various ways they rehabilitate, yeah they often dont fill the whole thing in, they just smooth down the edges so safer, seems to be quite a few examples in Australia though of rehabilitation, id expect as time goes on it would be harder and harder not too.

No dont recall those lakes, use to fly to Indo from QLD too

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 5:32pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , from what I’ve seen they don’t fill them in , they simply turn the pumps off and let the water rise . You wouldn’t want to drink that water . Surely you have flown over and looked down at all the pretty lakes ( Old mines ) with funny coloured water . Like I said it’s cheaper to renew the lease , no need to rehab the land .

hmm i think my idea of how they were rehabilitated them came from maybe what Adani have to do or something, i looked into it all a bit more and there seems to be various ways they rehabilitate, yeah they often dont fill the whole thing in, they just smooth down the edges so safer, seems to be quite a few examples in Australia though of rehabilitation, id expect as time goes on it would be harder and harder not too.

No dont recall those lakes, use to fly to Indo from QLD too

@indo , you see them more on the perth to hedland run , I never worked mining itself, construction doing earthworks and expansion of mining infrastructure like when they would change to wet process plus a shit load of railway duplication , tailing dams , new ship berths. The only rehab we ever did was on ground we had stored and used as stockpiles . Pretty simple to have a dozer go over it then nature takes it course and comes back quickly. Actual mine rehab like taking away all the infrastructure and such from what Ive observed at some old disused mines is sometimes walked away from and nothings done , just renewed lease end of problem. Ive driven the length of railway from hedland to redmont roughly 200klms half way point to Newman, the amount of crap lying around is unreal . Many old tin mines in this area. Probably not worked for 30 + years

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 5:47pm
Supafreak wrote:
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Actually, while I'm here, and talking all things seal related, has anyone seen Supafreak and the Flex Seal guy in the same room together?
Here’s a recent photo of me Conny , lockdowns are a killer. F1575-AA2-86-D0-4-F1-C-AFBA-E24-DB5-B87372

Crikey Supafreak........I haven't seen ya in pert near 40 years mate, but great to see you have lost weight mate........Good to see you still got the same old wetty..
Nice......

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 5:47pm

@ indo , I did a quick search on abandoned mines . https://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Geological-Survey/Abandoned-Mines-Program-2929...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 5:49pm

@megzee , thanks mate , work from home in lockdown if possible they said , has its pro’s and cons

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 6:27pm

https://ibb.co/YWbNw7w
Here ya go Superfreak.......first year we were at the bluff together......82' I recall...
Don't worry, I have put on about 3 stone since then......[ Still need to hold the Trevally though....}
Dam you climate change......give me some girth!!!!

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 6:33pm

The requirements to clean up for a new mine are very different to even 5-10 years ago .

The land does come back very quickly ( can't fill in big holes ) as proved by the incredible come back from Chernobyl .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 6:53pm

@ megzee, yeah how good was the fishing there , just a tip that I was given in regards to photo upload , if you scroll to HTML full linked the picture will appear rather than link . D6557-D3-B-300-D-4-C0-B-BD22-5-FBE728-B4-BF7 Always a pleasure chatting megzee

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm

Yeah.....great days
Thanks for the photo tip SF........but I am generally a lazy prick when it comes to computers.....plus some of my stuff is in my vault of life....so sharing it is not overly important...
Same Super.....always grand to chat and contribute, however sometimes I think it's not worth putting a point or opinion across because it basically gets ignored, disputed, crucified, or lately......trolled to the point of anguish...
If everyone [ some ] lightened up a bit and absorbed someone else's opinion or point, we might all actually remember that surfing is a brotherhood........
I really respect a lot of fellow surfers on this site, but character assassination and horrid vitriol is poison at best....not only for the sender, but for the recipient as well.....
Have a great weekend mate
Keep the meme's coming......a good laugh and inner smile beats frowning and anger by miles.......

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 7:19pm

Cheers megzee, it would be great to catch up when you finally make it back and I understand where you’re coming from in regards to how we can all respond differently . 3-D63-EDAC-ABD9-4-C4-B-9-D44-CA2-F271-ADD60

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 7:24pm

Perfect mate....true words...
Now I'm off to shave and pluck a few rouge nose hairs and those dark curly long lockdown eyebrow ones......
I'm on a promise tonight......gotta look 40 [ somehow]
Bloody climate change again.....

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 7:48pm

Pluck carefully Megzee.
Watch out for the longest hairs in the body, the ones the run from your eyelashes to your datehole.
That’s why when you pull one from your bum your eyes water.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 8:25pm

Young fella.....
Thanks for the anatomy of hair pluckin' and the origins of their roots...
I've been around for a while......
That's why I shower when I do it because, "you can't cry underwater"
Anyway AndyM.......i'm looking sharp
Some one should measure climate change tonight because it's heating up here bro......[ probably the candles ]
Hope you're getting a few waves AndyM

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 8:40pm

haha AndyM, good one

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 10 Sep 2021 at 10:34pm

True story, swear to god.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Saturday, 11 Sep 2021 at 12:07am

AndyM and slug, I was Talking about a beautiful night with my wife.......happily married to an absolute stunner for many years so I try to tidy myself up every now and then......on a scale she is a glorious 9.5
and I am a rugged and rough 6 ish.....plus I was making jest in darkish times with my last posts....
I said eyebrows not eyelashes andyM so your little gay inclined response was piss weak........but it did wake me up to the invisible Facebook angle you blokes hide in.
I have been looking for a reason to finally log out and here it is.
But take comfort in knowing you and slug boy are not the only twits on this site.

Anyway.... to Stu,Blowin,superfreak,zen spykan, shortisim , Tbb, udo , freeride , VJ and the rest of the very solid true surfing Stalwarts, total, complete and utter respect. X 1000

Vic local,roadkill , hutchy and more recently Connie and the rest of the twit club.......man never walked on the moon, 911 was an inside job, COVID is a draconian trap you are falling into and climate change is a hoax and part of an elite agenda.......stick that in ya billy and smoke it.......wake up.....and arguing or debating these things with you crew is pointless.

What the fuck happened to real surfers.....we should be proud of our unique lifestyle and knowledge but some of the crew on here are mere puppets with surfboards.....the surfing soul is now in the hands of fools...... or it is becoming extinct.

After a couple of peaceful wines with my beautiful soul partner she suggested I tell you how I feel and there it is.......posting on a never ending cycle of tripe topics is a waste of time and actually any meaningful or wise contribution disappears like words in a howling southerly.

Kind regards
Megzee

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Saturday, 11 Sep 2021 at 8:59am

I am disappointed in myself that I have made you feel this way Megzee .

Will take it on the chin and will try and change the way I communicate .

Your wife sounds very cool and you sound lucky .

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 11 Sep 2021 at 9:09am

Jeez megzee, that took an unexpected turn.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Saturday, 11 Sep 2021 at 9:30am

I just wrote this on another thread . Always willing to have a hard look/question myself and my views .

Thanks Craig . Also thanks for posting that audio re the IPCC models . I learnt a lot ( have also done some additional research ) and now question my previous view re CO2 having no influence . I will do more work .

Saw a video on the huge warming period 55-60 million years ago . Went into detail of Ice Ages cycles and warm periods ie the big influences . It showed that smaller cycles could happen ( this one was 300000 years ) and their theory was CO2 changes . They were not sure what caused it though .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 11 Sep 2021 at 9:46am
AndyM wrote:

Jeez megzee, that took an unexpected turn.

Not speaking for megzee , but he did day he’d had a few wines , he may be a bit stressed with being away from his parents for so long now .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 11 Sep 2021 at 10:05am
megzee wrote:

..man never walked on the moon, 911 was an inside job, COVID is a draconian trap you are falling into and climate change is a hoax and part of an elite agenda......
Megzee

Trying not to be judgmental here, but wow.