COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 2:36pm

What ever happened to 5G spreading COVID?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 2:41pm
I focus wrote:

What ever happened to 5G spreading COVID?

Was that one of Fauci’s lies or Biden’s?

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 3:20pm

I've caught 5G, dammed nasty shit, wouldn't wish it on anyone, I'm buzzing and feel completely wired

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 4:09pm
Supafreak wrote:
aaron61 wrote:

Another horrendous day with the unvaxxed over represented.

"Three of the nine Queensland deaths were completely unvaccinated, and one had a single dose.
Of the deaths, one was in their 60s, two were in their 70s, three in their 80s, one in their 90s and two over 100".

@aaron61 , does your stats say which ages were unvaccinated ? Some very elderly and frail like over 90 weren’t vaccinated as they would possibly die from the vaccine, this was the case in some countries early in the rollouts and recent news from Norway . thttps://www.tga.gov.au/media-release/norwegian-investigation-covid-19-va... https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/tga-flags-possible-covid-vacci... https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/15/norway-adjusts-advice-for-elderly-an...

My Mrs didn't get her 95 year old mother with dementia vaccinated, very frail 40kg, has to be spoon fed by nurses.
It's the vaccinated nurses/workers that have brought it into her nursing home.
No one is allowed in unvaxed.
They have been locked in for a month no visitors at all, if we take her out for her eye medical appointments she has to be locked in her room for 3 days then a rat test done.
Meanwhile the vaxed workers keep bring it in.
Great vaccine.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 4:22pm
Supafreak wrote:

Those bloody Russians are up to no good again

Sounds pretty plausible to me.
Who benefits from a divided society?
Maybe the opposing political party. More so a foreign interest.

p.s. love how there's this assumption that all these anti vax or anti mandate protests are innocent grass roots events. Like, as if these people have the capacity and commitment to conceive, target, deliver and sustain this movement.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 4:31pm

@Stok true. But also true the other way around, if one was agree with these assumptions then it would be reasonable to agree to the assumptions that there is some level of interference into pro-lockdown policies.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 4:36pm

@Robo , the whole aged care is a total shambles once again . When is the government going to make the most vulnerable the absolute priority with adequate funding and incentives for more to step in and help out this struggling sector. I can’t understand why anyone vaccinated or not that can show a Negative RAT and PCR test , to then be able to visit relatives in aged care . The elderly in these care facilities are once again getting locked in their rooms for long periods of time , it’s disgraceful and even after an inquiry nothing much has changed and now they are calling for another inquiry.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 4:40pm

Absolutely agree Flollo, and I don't pretend to know who's the lesser of the evils. Only assumptions.

My assumption is, the pro-proactive management of covid (i.e. lockdowns, vaccines, mandates etc.) are more of a response to the nature of covid....new virus....unknown consequences etc.

Yes there'd be influence, but more so to push this message. Think #stayhomesavelives

The opposite of this, I assume, is more so based on destabilisation. i.e. stand up and fight, it's your freedom, sack them all, it's your body etc.

You could say the pro-proactive management push would be to soften the public into submission, but the way this occurred globally, and across so many varying levels of politics, institutions and organisations, makes me think this is completely an knee jerk reaction, rather than a planned response. Regardless of whether covid was intentionally released or not.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 4:49pm
Stok wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Those bloody Russians are up to no good again

Sounds pretty plausible to me.
Who benefits from a divided society?
Maybe the opposing political party. More so a foreign interest.

p.s. love how there's this assumption that all these anti vax or anti mandate protests are innocent grass roots events. Like, as if these people have the capacity and commitment to conceive, target, deliver and sustain this movement.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 4:53pm

Why bother typing hey Supa, let's just converse by sharing links/tweets!

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 4:56pm
Supafreak wrote:

@Robo , the whole aged care is a total shambles once again . When is the government going to make the most vulnerable the absolute priority with adequate funding and incentives for more to step in and help out this struggling sector. I can’t understand why anyone vaccinated or not that can show a Negative RAT and PCR test , to then be able to visit relatives in aged care . The elderly in these care facilities are once again getting locked in their rooms for long periods of time , it’s disgraceful and even after an inquiry nothing much has changed and now they are calling for another inquiry. https://youtu.be/wYjqkxLkJ5M

It's shocking and yes I saw that story, we couldn't see the MIL on Xmas day and on her 95th birthday 2 days later. The vaccinated are killing them off.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 5:05pm
Stok wrote:

Why bother typing hey Supa, let's just converse by sharing links/tweets!

Yes Jan

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 5:47pm

Just saw Malone had a lovely chat with Candace Owens yesterday. Gee he's doing well, firmly becoming the darling of the far right freedom at all costs movement, their expert of choice. I didn't catch it, but I bet it was a balanced, rational and purely sane take on current events.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 6:14pm
Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 6:33pm

This snake in the grass from April 2020.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 6:37pm

Lookout stok he’s coming. 1-A735-C93-BCB4-46-BE-83-E4-C41-F25511488

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 6:39pm
Stok wrote:

Just saw Malone had a lovely chat with Candace Owens yesterday. Gee he's doing well, firmly becoming the darling of the far right freedom at all costs movement, their expert of choice. I didn't catch it, but I bet it was a balanced, rational and purely sane take on current events.

You want balance?

Me too, let’s start with the governments paid experts

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 6:59pm
Blowin wrote:

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1245139169934016517?s=20&t=lpfS...

Here's some brutal facts.
90% of Canadian truckers are double vaxxed.
The main trucker organisations in Canada don't support the convoy.
Protestors were seen with swastikas, dancing on the tomb of the unknown soldier, defacing war memorials, and stealing food from homeless shelters.
The Trudeau family left their Ottawa residence for their own safety after threats of violence were made, and the vast majority of protestors have gone home defeated.
Your people blowin.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 7:35pm
burleigh wrote:

You want balance?

Me too, let’s start with the governments paid experts

Yes Burlsack, the experts are paid. Think they do it for free?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 7:43pm
Vic Local wrote:
Blowin wrote:

Protestors were seen with swastikas, dancing on the tomb of the unknown soldier, defacing war memorials, and stealing food from homeless shelters.
The Trudeau family left their Ottawa residence for their own safety after threats of violence were made, and the vast majority of protestors have gone home defeated.
Your people blowin.

VL is suddenly concerned about defacing war memorials, i thought that was the kind of stuff you got off on.

And of course there has to be some swastika crammed in there, every story has to have swastikas or white supremist.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 7:59pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
Blowin wrote:

Your people blowin.

VL is suddenly concerned about defacing war memorials, i thought that was the kind of stuff you got off on.

And of course there has to be some swastika crammed in there, every story has to have swastikas or white supremist.

Lol…so true!

How’s the way the mouth breathers are torn…..is it Russia or is it Nazis!?!?

If it wasn’t for millions of dead during WW2 they’d have you believe it was Russian Nazis.

It’s like a competition between Stok and Vi Local to decide who’s stupider and more gullible . Dead heat.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 7:55pm
bonza wrote:

https://quillette.com/2022/02/02/smearing-a-whole-protest-movement-as-fa...

It’s freaking strange to watch regular citizens fall for this blatantly obvious attempt to delegitimise any dissent through outrageously unlikely smear campaigns. I suppose it’s always been that way through history but to see it happening in real time and all the sickos coming out of the wood work to condemn their fellow members of the community struggling against undemocratic power is unsettling.

Got to love the Good Germans claiming that everyone else is a Nazi…pure irony.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 8:04pm

"VL is suddenly concerned about defacing war memorials, i thought that was the kind of stuff you got off on."
you're making up crap again Indo Dreaming. I bet you a billion dollars you won't be able to find any statement I have made that encourages or celebrates the defacing of war memorials.
The anti-vaxxers pissed on the shrine, lit ciggies from the flame, and danced on the tomb of the unknown soldier in Canada. Your arsehole mob.
Trying to flip this type of crap behaviour on me is next level pathetic ID.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 8:07pm

This sounds a bit more balanced report on what’s happening in Canada. It was also reported at the start of this protest that it was to be peaceful but outside groups love an opportunity to stir shit up regardless of the cause . https://www.npr.org/2022/02/02/1077710168/canadian-truck-drivers-block-b... The 3 minute broadcast is worth listening too and the financial review article is also worth reading. https://www.afr.com/world/north-america/us-truckers-eye-canadian-vaccine...

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 8:42pm

Professor Kelly said there were a number of “vulnerability issues” that came into play when deciding whether or not to have an elderly aged care resident boosted.

“These are sometimes very difficult and complex conversations and that has been an important part of the rollout to aged care,” he said.

“The important fact is that the booster has been made available for 99 per cent of aged care residents, and that is an incredible effort.”

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/health-minister...

In turn, Mr Hunt implored the families of the 74,000 un-boosted aged care residents to consent to having their loved ones jabbed again.

“Over 99 per cent of facilities have received booster visits … My gentle message to families is please, please please allow your loved ones to have heat booster to provide that comfort,” Mr Hunt said.

“We’ll keep going back and providing those opportunities … Not all have chosen to take their booster.”

--------------------------------------

A lot to unpack here...

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Thursday, 3 Feb 2022 at 9:31pm

Professor Kelly also said today 99.9% of people that get Covid recover easily.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 7:03am

Was a very big flat hammer the right tool?

Lockdown "effectiveness" and excess deaths it caused...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10466995/New-study-says-lockdow...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 7:35am

Lockdowns worked perfectly if your sim is to get the population to accept draconian authoritarianism as normal.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 7:54am

But if you accept it, you’ll get a pat on the head from your premier.

Good boy Stok.

gromfull's picture
gromfull's picture
gromfull Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 7:56am
Stok wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Another 10 year old boy with Myocarditis reported to TGA today.

Report number: 697752

Why would you vaccinate your children against a mild virus when the vaccine does not stop transmission?

IMO only if you’re sick in the head.

Same day they approved boosters for 16 - 17 year olds.

Gotta use the excess stock of Pfizer. It’s got an expiry date

Thankfully, no one listens to your opinion.

We've got much smarter people undertaking analysis and providing recommendations, free of emotion, such that overall the best outcome for our children will be achieved.

Burlsack on the other hand, is learning from his favourite grifters (i.e. the Primod) about how to use individual cases to play to peoples emotions, ignoring the lives saved and sicknesses prevented in children through vaccination.

Your wrong stok, none listens to your 1 narrative, the only reason I read your dribble is to confirm I'm OK and the real nutters walk amongst us, the angry pro vaxxer at all costs
Saving children you say buy jabbing them, really, no proof at all kids are at risk is there just speculation from overseas kids, a very very small number of kids in hospital from all over the world, yeah very minuscule number have ended up in hospital
My personal experience, 24 hrs and he completely was over it, every other parent I've spoken to , their kids lasted from no symptoms to 12 hrs to 26 hrs Max, that would be about 8 kids in my small world.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 8:22am

In a recent random testing sample in QLD, one in six had covid. Of those with covid, 90% did not know they had it - no symptoms.

Not much more needs to be said really.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 8:39am
frog wrote:

In a recent random testing sample in QLD, one in six had covid. Of those with covid, 90% did not know they had it - no symptoms.

There is no justification for punishing anyone who is unvaccinated beyond political opportunism. Anyone supporting the political persecution of those who choose not to be vaccinated need to be given a good kick in the arse.

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:30am
frog wrote:

In a recent random testing sample in QLD, five out of six did not have covid. Of those without covid, 10% did not know they did not have it - no symptoms.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:35am
gromfull wrote:

Your wrong stok, none listens to your 1 narrative, the only reason I read your dribble is to confirm I'm OK and the real nutters walk amongst us, the angry pro vaxxer at all costs
Saving children you say buy jabbing them, really, no proof at all kids are at risk is there just speculation from overseas kids, a very very small number of kids in hospital from all over the world, yeah very minuscule number have ended up in hospital
My personal experience, 24 hrs and he completely was over it, every other parent I've spoken to , their kids lasted from no symptoms to 12 hrs to 26 hrs Max, that would be about 8 kids in my small world.

Ok wow sorry GSCO, didn't know you had such an in-depth knowledge of covid in children. 8 cases is huge, not 100% sure but I think that's about the largest sample group in a personal study known. Why didn't you say!?

I mean, I could say again you have survivorship bias and a clear inability to comprehend to wider risks of covid, based on your very limited, benign experience with it - but fuck if you know 8 kids then I'll keep quiet.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:36am
monkeyboy wrote:

In a recent random testing sample in QLD, five out of six did not have covid. Of those without covid, 10% did not know they did not have it - no symptoms.

Lol

Nothing more is needed to be not said.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:41am
Robo wrote:

That would make the mortality rate from covid .1%, and that is incorrect.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:42am
Blowin wrote:

Lockdowns worked perfectly if your sim is to get the population to accept draconian authoritarianism as normal.

Sure Blowin, keep living in that bubble of fear you have out in your quiet coastal corner. Imagining up how the government is looking to take full control of your life.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:45am

With omicron the dominant strain...I now think we should open up properly, kids should go to school, sports should be played, restaurants and tourism should open, travel should occur.
Aged care homes need to be managed but the rest of us should get on with living.

If a more severe strain appears, then we re-evaluate.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:45am
Roadkill wrote:
Robo wrote:

That would make the mortality rate from covid .1%, and that is incorrect.

But we know Robo does not deal in the truth.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:53am

TGA reporting 21st January 2022
698578 - 8 year old girl myocarditis/pericarditis
698912 - 9 year old boy myocarditis/pericarditis
698969 - 15 year old girl myocarditis/pericarditis

Every day more children injured for life, imagine if these were your children.

Do not get your kids vaccinated, it’s child abuse.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 9:56am
burleigh wrote:

anti vaxers still falsely report on the tga site. Most is bs.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 10:01am
burleigh wrote:

Burleigh: Refuses to trust the Government or any of their institutions.

Also Burleigh: Constantly refreshes the TGA website to get the latest on adverse reactions.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 10:02am
Stok wrote:

Ok wow sorry GSCO, didn't know you...

r u ok today Dr stok? Getting people mixed up, a Freudian slip perhaps? I only post under gsco, and I'm not really following this thread anymore.

But I do tend to lean towards Sweden's approach to child vaccination.

While I'm here:

Roadkill wrote:

With omicron the dominant strain...I now think we should open up properly, kids should go to school, sports should be played, restaurants and tourism should open, travel should occur.
Aged care homes need to be managed but the rest of us should get on with living.

If a more severe strain appears, then we re-evaluate.

100% agree, and I now also see Sweden joins others in announcing end of virus restrictions, so Europe is now well on the way to doing this.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 10:04am

Latest article in Nature on vaccines, boosters, natural immunity.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00214-3

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 10:15am

That’s one perspective Freeride.
The total picture for a given vaccine includes cost and side effects.
All cause mortality and excess deaths might give us an answer about vaccine safety.
And vaccinating the entire population every 3 months eventually is not cost effective.

In my opinion the biggest failing of the vaccines is that they don’t sufficiently reduce transmission. If they did then an individual who tests positive shouldn’t have to self isolate.
As it stands now, if you’re up to date with your vaccinations and get Covid you still have to isolate in order so that you don’t pass it on to another individual. And that’s at a vaccination level that is generally considered to be sufficient for herd immunity.

Meanwhile there’s a whole host of early treatment options with some degree of evidence suggesting they work that doctors are not allowed to prescribe.

Don’t get me wrong, vaccines reduce the severity of illness but they are far from perfect

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 10:19am
gsco wrote:

r u ok today Dr stok? Getting people mixed up, a Freudian slip perhaps? I only post under gsco, and I'm not really following this thread anymore.

Hah! Wow, sorry gsco, that was meant for gromfull.
Good job not following this thread, it's not worth it.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 10:20am
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

anti vaxers still falsely report on the tga site. Most is bs.

You clearly don’t understand the reporting process for serious adverse reactions Toadkill.

Look it up you peanut. These are real kids that now have heart conditions for the rest of their life and you want to call BS because it doesn’t suit your fear?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 10:21am

I wasn't making any comment on it Tyler.

Just putting up what seems to be the latest science on it.

Thought there was some interesting science on how the immune system works and natural immunity.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 4 Feb 2022 at 10:26am
Stok wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Burleigh: Refuses to trust the Government or any of their institutions.

Also Burleigh: Constantly refreshes the TGA website to get the latest on adverse reactions.

You have an illness. When you don’t take children getting injured seriously you need help.