Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

arcadia's picture
arcadia's picture
arcadia Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:19pm

Blowin, you seem a little tense. It's not hormone related is it?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:22pm

Keane ...38 pages in and its a single , lone fuckstick been bitching , smearing and weeping from his vagina for virtually the entirety of the time.

Sure , you could blame myself who dedicated a thread to honest opinions and earnest discussion whilst obscuring the identity of the simple minded fuckstick who relentlessly attacks people , rather than ideas , due to his desperate imperative to be acknowledged.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:38pm

Arcadia....no mate , hormone levels are steady .

A little bit of alcohol fuelled impatience at yet another cool thread being derailed by a weird old benchong who thinks that crying about the sand in their vagina means we should all stop using the word vagina. And that we probably shouldn’t use the word “ sand “ either.

vascectomy-blottmouth's picture
vascectomy-blot... Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:27pm

No not kidding.

When you say he's not "been seen bolstering communities as is his role as leader" because "he was raised by women and bred to act like a woman"...yeah that's misogyny mate. Your thoughtful distinction of inner city whinglings (whatever tthat means) doesn't change it.

I don't think people raised by women automatically disappear or fail as leaders when the going gets tough, simply because they were raised by women, inner city or otherwise.

Didn't read the rest of your story so not sure about your homophobia reference, sorry.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:27pm

Stu, the 100ft wave was a claim - did he get it or not? Did he get close?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jan/29/surfer-garrett-mcnamara-10...

And thus the idea of it enters the mass consciousness.

Further Stu, without helicopters, or anything else, they had horses, and part of the link I posted mentions the good Doctor's ride to the flour miller with the information of the blaze; the flour miller immediately raised prices 30% (Bush telegraph worked pretty quickly). With the town names and mountain range names mentioned in the link we can roughly determine the size of the fires using a map of Vic. People on the ground would have been able to convey areas burned in the aftermath around their towns, right down to creek names. Cartographers could easily compile the information (brought via horse) and calculate area. You don't need choppers. I stood on a peak overlooking the Florentine Valley, and from my map I knew the exact distance to Frenchman's Cap. I could've calculated the area of the valley beneath me with little difficulty. I mean, I only worked in the field. So after this traumatic event, they got 5 million hectares. I'm OK with that.

Melbourne at 15 years, had to be small? Check out the town and location names that burned: from Mt Gambier to Portland, the Wimmera, Seymour, Westernport, Dandenongs, Macedon, hills around Geelong, parts of Gippsland - a large area.

If life moved on without fuss, why did a 1926 account mention it in such awe, describing

"Although not so widespread the disastrous fires of last Sunday will be as memorable as those on "Black Thursday," for so long regarded as the most terrible day in the history of the State."

Sounds more like my reaction to Ash Wednesday; I'd argue after reading descriptions of the ruin meted out that life was pretty tough in the aftermath for those who got burned out. I guess the distant past gets numbed then forgotten then it doesn't seem like any bother at all. Such forgetfulness tends to a lack of wisdom in responding to the present.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:42pm

Don’t read the story if you’re threatened then .

Don’t comment either.

Either way your just another mouthpiece for useless cunts everywhere.

Sure , I may have personally pushed women into a workplace dominated by males for generations.....but apart from that, my words could be misconstrued.....Go fuck yourself .

What have you ever done for women ?

I literally punched a pearl diver over the handrail of a boat after he kept whining about the presence of my lady on the bloke’s island mothership she was working on as cook.......what the fuck have you done for women’s rights you strange cunt ?

Nothing........

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:37pm

VJ....I’ve yet to meet the issue where I haven’t agreed with your theories.

Top 5 .

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:43pm

Hey Blowin, I think we are on the same page in quite a few respects, & agree Penrith has a lot more concrete nowadays (copped work there 42 degrees 80% humidity, was like a vignette from Milton's "Paradise Lost").

Coaster good links to Ulladulla fires.

The internet seems to have been in comment section meltdown today; another thing happening is the escalation of US v Iran and we haven't had the time/space/free thought to mention it. So in leaving for the night, I will leave you all with a little W H Auden:

"I sit in one of the dives
On Fifty-second Street
Uncertain and afraid
As the clever hopes expire
Of a low dishonest decade:
Waves of anger and fear
Circulate over the bright
And darkened lands of the earth,
Obsessing our private lives;
The unmentionable odour of death
Offends the September night."

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:45pm

Blowin...........drinking and posting....... .you were really hits home runs up until drink number ?........... put the fag out too.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:47pm

....so after all that blather, Blowhard, as usual, what was your point again??

Ya misogynist nitwit.

AKA in your lingo, BITCH

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:59pm

Focus....I don’t smoke. I enable . I transport clove cigarettes from one nation to the next for those whose memories of locales exotic are stimulated by a token scented inhalation when the mind reaches for nostalgic triggers.

Can’t say I blame them.

As got myself on the piss....what can I say ?

Blame it on my indigenous Irish / Russian / Polish / Aussie / Earthling heritage.

I yam who I yam.

Did my exercise. Rode some shit beachies as though I was enthralled. Did 40:chin-ups , 150 sit-ups , 60 squats , 150 bicep curls , 90 push ups.

Drank a few sneaky beers . What am I supposed to do ? Water is cold and green , surf is average ,town is chock a block with tourists , air is smoke I don’t give a fuck and I’m back to Indo in 2 weeks.

Sounds like perfect drinking weather....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 12:04am

Facto....Someone needs declawing.

I would have thought getting you spayed was enough.....I was wrong.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 8:39am

You're always wrong, Blowie. Along with the other representative stooges on here.

The 'winning' ones.

And yet...I reckon you know this, don't ya?

What's that old doodah about comedy and tragedy again?

You may have to Google.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 12:40am

The only time I was wrong was when I thought you weren’t as stupid as I’d first suspected.

Get fucked.

vascectomy-blot... Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 8:18am

Blowin, I'm sure you're a regular white knight solving women's problems for them with violence. Good on you, if only there were more like you. I sure can't say I've ever punched a pearl diver.

But when you blame a man's mother for his behaviour, that's misogyny or at the very least, sexist. Sorry you don't like that but that's not my problem.

You say he's been bred to behave like a woman and that's why he's not doing the right thing by you. So how do women behave and how could they behave differently that would be better?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 9:34am

@Blowin,

You dared other people to call you a homophobe because of, what I assume, are personal circumstances. Well I know a few people whose personal circumstances match Albo's - i.e raised by single mothers - and I reckon, in fact I know, they'd take exception to your broad sweep.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 9:54am

Fair call, Stu.

Raised by women isn’t worth mentioning and is a laudable achievement and that’s guaranteed to unnecessarily offend people who don’t deserve it.

Raised to be a women.....that’s a different story. Not something I’d believe is the best approach for a male .

Either way , it’s another unnecessary and inappropriate slur. For that I apologise. I don’t apologise for the way I feel about Albo though and I do believe that he’s at the opposite , and equally objectionable , end of the spectrum as toxic masculinity.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 10:08am

"You're always wrong, Blowie. Along with the other representative stooges on here."

You keep saying this stuff factobum but you never ever ever ever post evidence to prove the wrongs of his and other's ways

just snide bitchy comments full of opinion and nothing else

actually they are full of hate too, which is not cool, that stuff'll burn you up inside, it is now, it's obvious, for all to see. have you forgotten 'love trumps hate'?

it's you that is absolutely brimming with bullshit, no one else. well actually a few come close, but you are the bullshit and conjecture master on here, in a league of your own, as they say

a true fuckstik, so ideologically deep in bullshit you cannot even see the damage you do to your own cause

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 10:24am

speaking of hate, I find it most interesting that this has devolved into a hate filled climate change versus forest floor fuel debate when it is quite obviously both

If you are overly beholden to either of these positions I'll put it to you ..

you are not really helping

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 10:19am

something we can all agree on

I hope

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 10:23am

Fuck off Sypkan!

Sorry...bad habit I've developed recently.

And yeah, bang on. Just as interest in the marines grew exponentially after Top Gun, so too I expect people applying for firefighting roles.

Not to trivialise, just a thought.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 10:28am

I don't do hero worship, and I hate this phrase

but the fire fighters really have gone above and beyond what is expected of them

probably had to, no choice, thanks to scotty, haha, back to the slugfest....

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 10:30am

You there Mattlock?

News from your bro...?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:23am

"speaking of hate, I find it most interesting that this has devolved into a hate filled climate change versus forest floor fuel debate when it is quite obviously both

If you are overly beholden to either of these positions I'll put it to you ..

you are not really helping"

Although i admit Ive been bating for the forest floor build up side of things just because some like to ignore it and put all blame on climate change, so i have been part of the divisiveness in this threads conversation, but i 100% agree with what you say.

Anyway saw this today, one thing Aboriginal people knew well before we came was this land, they knew fire was an important part of this landscape, put simply a little regularly rather than a lot irregularly.

Hopefully these events will give more opportunity for ingenious people/groups to get involved in management of our land again in particular state forest and national parks but IMHO also should be working with CFA and councils in some way

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:26am

I love the fact you called the Indigenous, 'ingenious'.

Not having a go. Just a happy accident.

Though back to the matter at hand, considering our history, how easy would it be to hand over, or even include them, in decision making?

We don't have a great record of that...

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:57am

It's done very well in the Top End Stu. Once the wet is over, the burning starts. Mostly managed by the T.O.'s.

vascectomy-blot... Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 12:17pm

The whole point is that the forest floor is a problem now because of climate change. The firies keep saying hazard reduction burns havent happened cos the safe burning conditions haven't been happening for too many years.

It's not either or it's definitely the forest floor (fuel loads, dryness etc) in large part because of climate change.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 12:57pm

"... It's not either or it's definitely the forest floor (fuel loads, dryness etc) in large part because of climate change."

"in large" ....possibly, maybe,...

I think the bigger contributor to the fuel has been forest management. we are so good at fighting fires now we put them out pretty quick ...normally...

they don't burn out naturally reducing the load, they generally don't get past spot fires stage before we put them out

we also tend to the forest like an english country garden, fencing it off to preserve its 'natural' beauty, and to differentiate it from the people zones. geeez we even charge admission, not all bad, but maybe not ideal in oz

then there's the blackfella thing

and the greenie thing, yes the greens have never had real political power, but they have influence way beyond their numbers. that is their real assett, or was...

plus stuff like the posts removed from the abc website, good on that radio person for supporting those that are nutty about some budgies in the bush, but that position seems ridiculous now, hence the removal of the post

It's a thinking that the greens have influenced, a thinking that 'do not disturb' and 'preserve at all costs' is the best way to deal with the bush and nature, I know, I'm guilty of it

but clearly the blackfellas did stuff differently in this unique land

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 12:59pm

"I love the fact you called the Indigenous, 'ingenious'.

Not having a go. Just a happy accident."

Ha ha...i will leave that, I thought id edited it to Indigenous, but must have missed it when editing :D

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 4:29pm

Here Stu. My Bro is ok. The westerlies forecast on Saturday never really eventuated where he is in Narooma. Then the southerlies pushed the fire front away from his property. One of the lucky ones...so far.
My sister in Merimbula is very worried about the border fires which are still threatening Eden. She has bailed to Canberra.
Its not over yet.

vascectomy-blot... Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 7:44pm

Sypkan, check this.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3086184164748589&id=16331107...

It's photos of a greens member doing hazard reduction burns back in April last year. You can also go to the greens website to read their policy supporting fire management. I first looked at it after the black Saturday fires when the coalition tried to blame them for those too. They had the same policy back then.

There's nothing in the greens ideology about locking up the bush. Never has been. Ever. If the major parties did that because they thought that's what the greens wanted, that's on them. And it's on those of us who keep supporting them.

How's the cheek to accuse environmentalists of using the fires to further their political agenda when the right are just straight up lying about the greens.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 8:26pm

Great news, Mattlock. Well, at least for now.

I got a text message from a mate down the coast early Saturday: "There's dew on the grass."

It wasn't quite celebratory but he knew the day wasn't going to be as bad for him as predicted. And he was right, the wind was NE not NW. The fact the ribbon of coast from Moruya all the way down to Mogareeka is untouched is testament to the NEer, which is heralded by dew on the grass in summer, holding the fire at bay. It could've been much worse.

It's raining as in the Illawarra as I type. Hope your bro is getting some down there too.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 8:56pm

Seppo, just saw your latest trip down goldfish-memory lane.

Par for the course, it's all over the place like a mad person's shite, and as full of it too.

And Hillary obsessed! Still!

I've never said or quoted, let alone espoused, "love trumps hate", though I did say "Trump love trumps reason" once.

Directed at you

Still stands.

How is old mate's latest shonk? Heavy bit of impeachment distraction or what?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 8:57pm

And good to hear, Mattlock.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 10:49pm

you don't need to say it facto

you lived it mate, still are, evidenced above

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:04pm

link doesn't work vasectomy

good on you for actually reading a policy, but I 've gotta say, of course it's not in there, writing policy is more cautious and contrived than that...

I never said it was their policy, I said it's about a thinking that has developed well beyond their numbers of iinfluence, wider than the party, also in other's policies as they try to appease the rabble

it's not all bad, it had it's place, done a lot of good in fact. but to deny it's had any influence in these fires is just flat out denial!

more partisan bullshit

"...How's the cheek to accuse environmentalists of using the fires to further their political agenda when the right are just straight up lying about the greens."

both sides have behaved disgustungly in this regard

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:04pm

Hahahaha.

Here's a real trip down real memory lane, Seppo.

Still stands.

"You guys are putting on a fantastic display of why we now have trump"

"Soup-Can, hang on, let's cut to the chase, can I call you Shit-Can, actually, what is a 'Shit-Can'? A septic tank! By Donald, I've got it!

For the sake of brevity, let's just call you Seppo, and be done with it!

Anyway, Seppo, I'm not eligible to vote in the USA. Apart from you, who is? I mean, you are, yeah?

Trump love trumps reason.

Are 'we' responsible for Hanson then?

Oi!

Dude, what happened to you, man? Did you get beaten up by union thugs one time like Tony 'the black' Barber?

Or just a thug like Blowie, but like a 'lefty lynch mob', small 'l' liberal one?

A green?

Maybe not physically even but psychologically, y'know in a 'snowflakey' kinda way?

Couldn't cut the mustard at uni? Couldn't get in?

Whatever. God blast America. And you too, Seppo.

LOL. STFU. SJW."

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:21pm

trawling for dirt again facto, pathetic...

dirt that doesn't stick, because it's all bullshit anyway

playing the man, again!

...anything but actually engage in the topic...

you really are a shining example of all that's wrong with contemporary politics

so yeh, if you insist, you are responsible for the likes of ON

carry on...

winning!

vascectomy-blot... Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:28pm

Yeah they must have taken the page down sorry. But your post man, I don't buy it

"I never said it was their policy, I said it's about a thinking that has developed well beyond their numbers of iinfluence, wider than the party, also in other's policies as they try to appease the rabble"

It was never *their* thinking so it's got nothing to do with them and everything to do with the policies of those who've been in power. Again, if the ALP and LNP have bowed to some green bogeyman that they thought wanted to stop fire management, that's their fault not the greens.

"it's not all bad, it had it's place, done a lot of good in fact. but to deny it's had any influence in these fires is just flat out denial!"

For starters, mismanaging the country by locking up land and not burning, against the advice of ecologists, fire services, Indigenous Australians, is a nightmare. And would be completely contrary to the greens and greenies goals.

Second, it's not denial at all. But listen to the fire services not me, they've said repeatedly the lack of hazard reduction burns is because there hasn't been safe conditions to do them for too many years. Not because of any political party or ideology. And look back at what freeride's posted. Interviews with people talking about areas that did have burns done last year going up in smoke anyway because shit is too extreme. Ben's posted a few links in the page Jarratt wrote about Slater's post too.

In all this no one has actually found a greenie stopping or complaining about fire management either.

Anyway, the greens have changed their policy page in the last couple of months so instead of being a fairly neutral page saying they support fire management and so on, it's now a page responding to the bullshit from the right. It looks a bit reactive but you can't blame em...

https://greens.org.au/bushfires

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:39pm

Good news Mattlock for now hope it continues

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Monday, 6 Jan 2020 at 11:51pm

I guess many here would have seen this but on climate check this out, confronting.

https://twitter.com/ZLabe

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020 at 12:06am

It's my fault you say and spray all manner of crazy contradictory simplistic crap, Seppo?

And it's hopefully forgotten just through the sheer volume of slop pumped out?

Kinda like Trump, come to think about it.

Yet it's all just a google away.

But at least you're not obsessed with 12 year old girl's genitalia or the wit & wisdom and general holiness of our Prime Marketer SmoKo.

Just Hillary.

Still.

Winning!!!!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020 at 12:33am

seriously dude, look at the crap you just sprayed about me

aside from being totally and utterly wrong - I aced uni after a shaky start, and I've been a proud union member - it's just not cool trawling social media trying to catch people out. it's bitchy, counter productive and pathetic. you are a part of the problem!!!

and just in case you really don't know...

It IS the overly woke left that got trump and smoco elected, so yes, you and your mates ...sorry to have to break it to you...

but carry on .... you self righteous fuck...

winning!!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020 at 12:40am

A '?' usually denotes a question, yes?

Hahahaha.

And ain't the term 'woke' so last decade (at least), pops?

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/30/680899262/opinion-its-time-to-put-woke-to...

Whining!!!!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020 at 12:42am
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020 at 12:53am

you all want to kill it off now it's used against you

when really you killed it years ago by flogging it to death

poor horse was dead on the ground for years, but you kept propping it up ..

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020 at 1:15am

I'm sorry vasectomy but you are just appearing naive or willfully ignorant now

all is not written literally on the internet. both alp and lnp have constructed policies for decades that they don't really believe in to appease the noisy greens

you could argue they are both still doing it now re. climate change

'In all this no one has actually found a greenie stopping or complaining about fire management either.'

have you missed the whole little abc disappearing post furore?

it appears many are covering their tracks with recent developments

tbh, I think it looks much much worse when you delete stuff, but hey, as we've seen, these media experts clearly know what they are doing ....bahahahahhahahaha

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020 at 1:20am

"You all want to kill it off now it's used against you"

Who are you talking to, Sepp?

Me? Have I ever used the term (apart from just now)?

Tilting at these windmills is part of your overall incoherence. A BIG part.

To have your political/cultural narrative make some kind of sense (to yourself), a certain role seems needed to be ascribed (to me especially it seems). Which makes for a cool story, but one that is also utterly fictitious. One day the scales may fall from your eyes.

Now class consciousness! That is a term I've definitely used...

Yawn.

And good luck and good night.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020 at 1:44am

as I said re. love trumps hate...

"you don't need to say it facto

you lived it mate, still are, evidenced above"

you are one of the biggest pushers of it on here, have been for years, you can deny it all you want...

"Yet it's all just a google away."

...If you're that way inclined, I'm not, I despise that school girl shit...

it is the problem!!