The Daily Good News

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley started the topic in Friday, 2 Nov 2018 at 2:04pm

Dedicated to good news ....

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 11:33am

I received my book today from mixbook.com and it’s unreal

I suspect there’s plenty of people out there like me who have shitloads of precious photos on their phones.
I’ve seen people lose everything when their phones die, so this was something I’d been planning for a couple of years.
I did some research and found this company to have a great quality and price combo, which I can vouch for.
It was easy as to to, even from my phone. The hardest part was going through 8000 photos and culling them. It took some time but I got it to 1300 shots, basically my life over this last decade. Now I’ve got a quality 93 page coffee table book that is instantly one of our most valuable possessions.
Thanks iso
I recommend it fellas

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 11:46am

"That’s the thing about the North West - no devices/ no internet and so the fire is still sacred."

Ah yes, Blowie, the ol' bush telly. Matched with the star show, there's your night's viewing.

You were up there for 4 months last year, yes?

When you going back up, post-Covid, ya reckon?

Could be a late one this year, especially if Indo is not a goer.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 12:05pm

Facto....didn’t get there last year . I was meant to be there a month already this year. Still like to get there but I reckon it’ll be packed as fuck.

A few sneaky sessions going down apparently.

I miss it .

What about yourself ? Reckon you’ll get there ?

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 12:43pm

Dunno.

In the internet age of the 'hit & run' mission, who knows? Hasn't appealed in the past. When you've done the old months at a time for years at a time, it's a different experience I wager.

Funny that Indo is way easier if time poor, and cheaper too, these days.

But never say never.

When you last been over and up?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 1:18pm

I find these days that I’m enjoying the small swells , the fronts , the Northerlies which set in almost as much as the epic days. I just like being there and hanging out without crew around.

Was last there in 2018. Flew from Indo to East coast , then drove across the bottom, went to Hartog , stayed NthWest from mid March till August then spent a month Great Southern before driving back over East. Only left up north cause we’d agreed to mind some friends house. All good though. WA rules. Whether it’s subtropical reefbreaks and coral trout or sand bottom wedges and KG whiting. Fuck , I miss it all.

When were you last there ?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 1:17pm

got a 40 pound jew off the stones last night.
left the house at 7.52, high tide was at 8.02.
was home at 8.17.
line snapped as I tried to wash it up on a rock.
wave receded and I could see the fish there, put a mad scramble in and got a clean gill grab just as the next wave hit it.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 1:24pm

There's internet up the Bluff/Gnaraloo these days??

Wouldn't surprise me.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 1:32pm

Freeride...Geez , you’d be feeling pretty good about that. Looks like you’ll be eating some primo for a while.

Incredible how acute the duration of the bite is on these extreme moon phases sometimes. 20 minutes of red hot action surrounded by hours of dead air.

Did you get it on soft plastic ?

Got a few snapper myself this morning. Ocean is alive with either Mack tuna or frigate mackerel . Fight so good , taste so bad. Few decent specimens amongst the multitudes.

It’s always good to see the ocean alive , hey . Just think , back in the day that’s what the yellowfin would’ve been like - acres of fish boiling in every direction. It pays to taste like shit if you’re a fish.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 1:32pm

No internet bluff unless you get up the ridge . Certain spots at certain times. I think there’s wifi at Gnaraloo . Probably the most expensive data in the world

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 3:27pm

Freeride bang on tide change not much changes! what did ya get it on...i’m thinking x-rap, croker or livey or some other hard body- just cause i’m hardbodies mad ATM for the mullet run.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 5:40pm

I got it on a white 6 inch paddle-tail plastic. just about to tie on a x-rap but this place is so rocky and shallow it loves stealing hardbodies.

it had 2 freshly eaten just under-size bream in its guts.

really healthy fish, very thick through the shoulder.

I'll give the head and otolith to the DPI for the angler research program, and it'll be interesting to see how old it is.

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 5:54pm

how good is the dpi program, have had most donated jew otoliths before and the last report jew caught 4 x - and the bloke that recaptured his own fish.

My go to paddle tail is the 6 inch zman swimmerz put out good vibes - check out fishtraps zerek just deadly.

Do you cutlet or fillet?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 5:56pm

fillet.
put a fair bit in vac bags in the freezer. now I'm feeling good, was down to the last jew parcel in the freezer.

hooked three good ones last winter and lost all three. stoked to get one and its only May.

tiger's picture
tiger's picture
tiger Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 8:38pm

Nice work Stevo!

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 9:07pm

Would a big Jew only swallow prey whole or could they bite in half? Walking up the beach one night after a fishless fish and found a just legal size Bream, still wriggling but bitten clean in half. Or would that be a small shark?

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 9:18pm

Big tailor

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 11:04pm

I'm green with envy FR76 ,,and sounds like an impressive save ..
I'm missing driving up the beach at the moment to hunt a jew. Too lazy for the rocks on the off chance, , you need a mountain goat and a sherpa in this terrain.
The old 4wd is set up well for the sandy fishing expeditions but alas the NPWS is keeping the tracks closed till at least the end of the month. Boat ramps have been open for local use but open stretches of sandy beach are off limits. At least the commercial mullet fishermen don't have to worry about traffic blocking a shot. The boys have told me of the horse bream , greenbacks and jewies swimming around . I try to block my ears or try to fool myself into believing they're full of shit , but sadly I know they're not .

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 8 May 2020 at 4:08am

A good tip for bleeding your fish is to put a deep cut in front of the tail as well. The blood will drain out instantly.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 8 May 2020 at 7:52pm

Good to hear that the federal court has ruled that feral horses can be removed from the Victorian high country.

https://theconversation.com/national-parks-are-for-native-wildlife-not-f...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 10 May 2020 at 9:28am

Cont...Vic Parks are gonna employ Pros with Silent/ Night guns to shoot the Horses.(Hmm!)
https://www.smh.com.au/environment/conservation/court-decision-clears-wa...

15th Feb -15 Dec Vic 'Alpine Park' Hunting Season for dear .
(Pest Animals & other species) must not be hunted in this park.(Which are Horses?)
https://www.parks.vic.gov.au/things-to-do/hunting

Right Man for the Job!
https://m.betootaadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Baird-Back-Flip...

Right Man for the Job might be a woman!
https://26uepavkh8yx35d834o3oay1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uplo...

Not saying Vic are relaxing Guns in Nat Parks, but it does blur NP 'Pests / Other'.
tbb is not across Vic Hunting Laws...either way, that's a broad broom for Govt!

Let's see if we can't make AndyM - man up & shed a tear!
tbb is brave enough to give it a try...tell yer kids to look away.
[ Real proper Boomer Tearjerker Alert ]

They Shoot Horses Don't They...Racing Cars...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:32pm

Waiting for a new sneaky swell pulse this evening. It didn't eventuate but luckily enough there was a underlying NE windswell to 1-2ft, hitting a triangular bank at right angles allowing wedgey peaks into down the line runners.

The cloud moved offshore and as the sunset started to pop, I ran back to the car and grabbed the housing. The scenes were beautiful..

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:34pm

For some reason, I can never see your instagram posts, Craig.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:37pm

Hmm. Here ya go then..

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:43pm

Nice!
Witnessed similar scenes here this afternoon.

I know you can't view Instagram posts through a browser unless you've got an account/are logged in. Might have something to do with it?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:45pm

Ah that could be it, though if not a private account I thought you still could. Weird. Ie like viewing on a news site.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:53pm

You could be right. I've tried to view posts on Swellnet's account through a browser and I get this.....

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:54pm

Ah I think you can click that x and continue. They just want you to sign in :)

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:56pm

Yeah, i've tried that. You can scroll, but can't view posts.
Maybe they've banned me from stalking!

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 8:59pm

Ha, likely..

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 10 May 2020 at 11:30am

swellnet & Craig, quick look! WOTD has your name all over it!

We'll follow ya in on the next set!

Nice! Dead set crack up Huey! That should buy the crew a few hours
Right crew let's get to work! Shh...will yer quit yer splashin' about!

Whole crew wish to view Craig's Xmas Lockdown snaps...Aye! Aye! ...Well Durr!
tbb is just saying if there was a way to see Craig's gallery, that'd be proper, say yes!

What if tbb said he outsmarted the matrix thingy & has seen the light. (Impossible!)
Hang on! Is tbb saying wot he ought not be sayin'...me thinks not...he's a joke he is!
Please Gromz don't do what tbb may have foolishly attempted...it won't end well!

https://digiztal.blogspot.com/2019/12/view-instagram-public-profile-phot...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Instagram/comments/dnb2i7/view_instagram_withou...

There you are Craig! We were just tripping out over yer wicked holiday snaps !

"Wot! So the whole crew just signed up with Insta whilst I tore shreds off WOTD?"

Yep! We all tested positive for Viral installation instability! Aye! Aye! Shocking it is!
I think we might've broken swellnet again boss! Oops!

tbb up to the office NOW! This can't end well! (Already grounded, see if tbb cares!)
Just repeating...Please don't break the internet...swellnet policy!

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 12:34pm

The real original Alan is about to leave the real original 2GB building.

Next...

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/ben-fordham-to-decide-betw...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 1:17pm

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 2:03pm

Mate of mine worked directly with Alan Jones for a considerable period of time.

No surprise to hear her say that he is indeed a total count.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 2:49pm

This is how people like Jones rise to the top of the power tree in conservative circles. Be shameless and ruthless. Never admit you're wrong and always punch down. Let your political enemies have both barrels on a regular basis, and let your political allies know that the guns can quite easily be turned on them too.
That's how grifters like Jones carve out a very lucrative career. Good riddance you toxic mother-fucker.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 2:58pm

Starting to enjoy painting.

Not to the point where I’d consider making a career out of it or anything. Just finding that it’s quite meditative kicking back with a bit of music and changing the colour of your world.

I’ve done it for a few days here and there on construction sites and found it a bit dreary. Different story when it’s your own place getting the makeover.

Nice admiring your surroundings anew at the end of each day. Doesn’t make for the best sleeping conditions though , especially with this cold change which has just come through last day or so.

You can either freeze and breathe with the windows open or be snug and overwhelmed by fumes.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 3:43pm

Seeing as Gloria the parrot is about to fly the coop forever, let's give this just one more run.

A truly subversive cultural moment and television at its best.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 3:40pm

Painting is fun.

Prepping is not.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 3:40pm

And while we're at it, Kerri-Anne can take her botox, her eastern suburbs matron facade and her Alan Jones-lite schtick and hit the road too.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 3:42pm

What about this bloke? Poor bugger lost his job.

"Who knew the answer to "What has Pete Evans been cooking?" was "himself."

https://junkee.com/pete-evans-qanon/253541?fbclid=IwAR1M4v-N-Nk-VDnGJhb1...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 4:01pm

That Jacko Jackson interview after uncle Choppers on utube...GOLD
1980's VFL thuggery

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 5:09pm

That moment when Alan Jones got cooked should have been broadcast daily as a public service.

Back under your rock , Alan.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 6:25pm

Ahh Pete Evans, crackpot of the highest order.
Recently had a (ex )good mate , anti vaxxer and covid 19 chicken little sending me link after link of crazy conspiracy theory regarding the whole covid thing, pretty much covered them all then started up (again) on why he doesnt vaccinate his kids , dumb cunt for a smart cunt,always been an attention seeker so I had just figured it was another chapter of that behavior until final straw was when he started sending me Pete Evans stuff faark me , (I think he even ordered one of those light boxes). The guy is a chef!!! Thats a year 10 drop out right? Celebrity doesnt make you smart, like having a pro surfer or footballers opinion (if they were batshit crazy aswell).
First person Ive ever had to actually block on my phone and email and ive known him 30 years (mate , not pete evans). This virus is causing mental illness cases to skyrocket.
As for Alan Jones, dont see lot of people feeling too bad about him getting sick , good riddance too a total wanker.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 6:30pm

Well said AndyM, the kennel is a nasty piece of work

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 9:19pm

"This virus is causing mental illness cases to skyrocket."

Nah, they were already there, they're just being brought to light.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 13 May 2020 at 1:31am

Mental virus shines light on Skyrockets
tbb will take that as comment... (Sorry! No good news dept!)

Not so much a mental health crisis but the banning of self therapy is mental.
Disabled & carers said the same, most got more ill & spent a lot more on health.

tbb is still bound by a Govt inflicted mental & physical lockdown.
Govt banned my own paid for 100% Covid resistant 'therapy' very average pool.
Can't physically travel well or walk very far on a beach to the river or surf.

As a direct result Myositis / Bipolar ramped to shut me down > weight gain.
I suffered headaches, dizziness, CSR (Blotched Wobble vision)
All bound up, back in the sarcophagus, totally paralysed. Can't face another day!
Depression rears it's head, only now tbb picks it, not a recommended skill set .

Phoned Lifeline (Recommended!), then my GP & onto a health Plan.
I 'm now spending my Covid handout on block booking boring Physio Exercises.
tbb went mental when Govt stole his pool & still can't touch it!

Lockdown is still very real & damaging (Healthwise) for the ill amongst us.
In our world...2 months without therapy equates to around 6 month's hard slog!

tbb's Surf lockdown is nearing a year & now gotta slug the tollway to nowhere fast.
If that don't sound half mental then tbb just hitched a ride on the road to recovery.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Wednesday, 13 May 2020 at 2:18am

thanks TBB for your thoughts but he wont listen to me, let alone anyone else, wish it was as easy as that, crazyness is not just as simple as beyond blue tv adds

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 13 May 2020 at 6:24am

good luck with everything TBB.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Wednesday, 13 May 2020 at 6:46am

Hang in there TBB local pools might be opening soon.

Here, further north from you they are working out their safety plans with intentions of getting people through the door so pools near you are probably doing the same. Hopefully not long to wait now

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Wednesday, 13 May 2020 at 9:06am

TBB, well done getting onto lifeline and your GP - two best things you could do.
Hang in there, things will get better, this too shall pass.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 13 May 2020 at 9:26am

Yeah hang in there TBB, always appreciate your posts. All the best.