Merry Christmas

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 started the topic in Thursday, 25 Dec 2014 at 4:51am

Morning Swellnutters ... and Merry Christmas.

With a 9yo gidget, about to start what we suspect is the last "santa" Christmas I sit here having my first coffee of the day and reflecting on the past 9 years ... a torn heart and all. For, it is great to go for the dawn patrol, but so too the joy of a child's face as they first look upon the treasure trove that awaits under the tree.

I hope you all have a great day!

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Thursday, 25 Dec 2014 at 9:58am

Family duties done and dusted for another year, but 'ole Huey has not wanted to play today.

Oh well, time for a beer and off to the shed ... time for some board work!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 25 Dec 2014 at 10:45am

Merry Christmas Wingnut and to all you other Swellnet reprobates. The great Aussie summer - love it.

Minimal surf, gorgeous diving . Deep blue , warm current licking the coast. The lucky country indeed. Just been offered a beer. Oh yeah.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 25 Dec 2014 at 10:53am

Yeah, merry Christmas you bunch of troglodytic adrenalin junkies.... May a barrel ejaculate it's jizz all over your back, then spit you out like a woman bored with your inadequacy....
And remember It aint about the gifts, or the food and booze, or the "kids".... It about little baby Jesus!!!! ;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 25 Dec 2014 at 11:14am

Not sure about baby Jesus or Xmas.
I'm still wondering who created God...!
Best happiness and health to the future of what ever Universe you live in.
10 to the power of 500.......;)

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 25 Dec 2014 at 11:54am

I don't think I can add to anything that's already been said.

Have a safe and happy 2015 everyone and may mother nature nestle you snugly against her bosom and may you revel in her warm embrace.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 25 Dec 2014 at 12:00pm

Merry Xmas everyone! Hope you all have a great day with your friends and family.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 25 Dec 2014 at 2:44pm
zenagain wrote:

I don't think I can add to anything that's already been said.

Have a safe and happy 2015 everyone and may mother nature nestle you snugly against her bosom and may you revel in her warm embrace.

Have a good one zenmaster....

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Friday, 26 Dec 2014 at 9:29am

So, you all survived the influx of the once a year relative?

This year, we had no such trouble ... just me, the MOWF and our gidget at home cruising all day. But, by 3pm I was feeling the effects; way too much tucker and the slow constant wash down with booze. It was the day we all needed, considering the year we've had ...

Now, how many of you are brave enough to face the boxing day sales?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 11 Dec 2018 at 7:38pm

Flying to Taiwan...again...hey, someone's gotta do it...

Anyway...too soon?

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"

"What the bourgeoisie, therefore, produces, above all, is its own grave-diggers."

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 17 Dec 2018 at 2:51pm

A Xmas soundtrack

01. Gut - We Wish You A Merry Christmas. 02. Killdozer - Oh Little Town of Deathlehem. 03. Cop Shoot Cop - Last Legs. 04. Jon Spencer - Big Yule Log Boogie. 05. Cows - 39 Lashes. 06. Feederz - Jesus Entering from the Rear. 07. Eric Idle - Fuck Christmas. 08. Fear - Fuck Christmas. 09. Melt Banana - White Christmas. 10. Pocket FishRmen - Santa Clause is Coming. 11. Lewis Black - X-Rated Christmas Caro.l 12. El Duce - Up On The Rooftop. 13 Tad. - Stumblin Man. 14. The Residents - Santa Dog ('72). 15. The Fall - No Xmas for John Quays. 16. Clarence Carter - Back Door Santa. 17. Anti-Heroes - All Hail Santa. 18. Butthole Surfers - Good King Wenceslas. 19. Jon Spencer - My Christmas Wish. 20. The Frogs - Here Comes Santa's Pussy. 21. Brown Whornet - Santa's Slay Bells. 22. James Chance - Christmas with Satan. 23. Smegma - Happy Holiday. 24. Beck - The Little Drum Machine Boy. 25. Sonic Youth - Santa Doesn't Cop Out on Dope. 26. Tiny Tim - Santa Claus Has Got The AIDS. 27. Joe Pesci - If It Doesn't Snow On Christmas. 28. Venom - Black Xmas. 29. Butthole Surfers - Flame Grape (Slanderbob DOTDA Re-Edit). 30. Evolution Control Committee - The Christmas Wrong.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 17 Dec 2018 at 2:52pm

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 18 Dec 2018 at 8:40am

More Austin Powers than James Bond

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 18 Dec 2018 at 11:56am

Forget Johnny English, here's Andy Aussie!

Fucken peanut.

Anyway, here's a Xmas tune to warm the cockles.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 21 Dec 2018 at 7:38pm

This all made sense yesterday.

And to all a good night...

Huzzah!

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 21 Dec 2018 at 8:49pm

In the spirit of xmas (kinda) may I introduce from Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas - the Riverbottom Nightmare Band...from 1977.

As one commentator says, "That these guys arent in the Rock and roll hall of fame is a travesty".

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 21 Dec 2018 at 9:27pm

these guys ......

&list=RDe4Ao-iNPPUc&start_radio=1&t=50

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 22 Dec 2018 at 5:13am

Merry Christmas everyone....This song celebrated 200 years yesterday and this version is sung by the amazing Aretha Franklin. Jesus Christ brought peace into the world to those who wish to seize hold of it. He brought with Him in His visit, a way back to the to the Father of all living. He only taught for 3 1/2 years but when you walk into a funeral and bring dead people back to life and walk upon the sea you become quite famous very quickly. So much so, that we calculate time by him. He could do these things because He owned these things. He is the only one to ever come from outside our world and yet we won't understand Him unless we seek to. We put him to death but He rose again as He cant be held down. Some of His names are "Wonderful" "Counsellor" "Mighty God" "Everlasting Father" "Prince of peace" "Alpha and Omega" He is the first and the last. He was expected to come but not as everyone thought. A baby born in a barn to Joe and Mary...As plain as you can get but you start to see how God thinks. He does everything left of field. He makes the wisdom of men look stupid and irrelevant. The important things are not wealth nor title, but humility before God and a friendship that is everlasting spanning from this realm to the next...Enjoy Christmas maybe even "Find yourself" in church this year. Peace to you and your families and enjoy.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 22 Dec 2018 at 6:52am

Merry Christmas to you too Optimist, sincerely. I hope you score some fun waves. Alternatively to the above post, if you’d like to lose your self this Christmas, this could help.
As always it’s Peace Love & Happiness from me to end the year.
https://www.thebuddhistsociety.org/page/fundamental-teachings

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 23 Dec 2018 at 5:23am

I found an even better version by a true professional. Here's one for you and your kids...Enjoy and have a great Christmas.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 23 Dec 2018 at 10:17am
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 23 Dec 2018 at 1:51pm

Mr Bean sprinkles a dose of Sillyseasoning into swellnetonian's xmas cheer

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 24 Dec 2018 at 6:27am

For those who missed it..This is how it all started.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Monday, 24 Dec 2018 at 2:27pm

Look away if ya feeling a bit fraggy... again... and again... and again... and... There's always a few versions floating around... in a nutshell!!?? At the risk of a miracle rash of cures...

PS... It's an xmas emergency... get some stuck cunts working over xmas!!! At this time of year, school kids will do the trick... or underpay a desperate stuck cunt under the table!!!! Cameras 10,986, 8067, 874, 673, 108, 67, 53, 23, 9, and 7 are down!!! How the hell are surfees spozed ta surf over xmas!!!! Hell on earth!!!??? In a nutshelll!!!!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018 at 12:38am

From truebluebasherz Punk single collection..."Merry Crassmass"

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 25 Dec 2019 at 9:58am

*Oops! tbb Sprinkles **Silly Seasoning over the **swellnet xmas pageant*

https://www.portnews.com.au/story/6545339/friends-of-santa-hit-the-surf-...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 25 Dec 2020 at 8:45am

2020 Silly Seasonings with an unhealthy dose of infestive spirit goes viral.

Insinkable Santas (Aldi)

Cruisin' Santa goes with the flow...Elves are spinning out!

Surfing Santa History

Skurf'n Santa with the Alien

Santa Fails (mix'n'match)

Santas signs off on 2020

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 25 Dec 2020 at 9:40am

Merry Christmas to the Swellnet miscreants .

Ultimate Chrissy day here . Unable to surf or fish so it’s a delicious morning dip - waters got to be over 23 degrees - after the pressy ritual and tastey breakfast. Just cracked a beer and peeling prawns for the family lunch.

Good times

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 25 Dec 2020 at 11:22am

Same, same, Merry Xmas to all.

two days of clean OH point surf with surprisingly mellow crowds.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 25 Dec 2020 at 12:08pm

Merry Christmas all.

Been flat for ages here so no Christmas day surf for me.

Hope all is bigger and brighter in 2021 for everyone.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 25 Dec 2020 at 1:11pm

As above.
All the best to everyone and merry Xmas!

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Friday, 25 Dec 2020 at 3:51pm

Merry merry everyone.
Waves all week down here and I got to spend most of it at work, right bang in the middle of our busiest 2 weeks of the year.
Got the Grom his first foamie and spent the morning pushing him into a few...don’t know who’s smile was bigger.
Cold beer has been cracked, missus is prepping up a storm in the kitchen whilst I’m listening to my new Tom Waits album.
Life is good.
Cheers to the Swellnet team and all other contributors.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Friday, 25 Dec 2020 at 7:40pm

Merry Christmas to you all. Flat as a tack over here, but life is good.

AdamHamiltonsy's picture
AdamHamiltonsy's picture
AdamHamiltonsy Sunday, 27 Dec 2020 at 1:22am

You'll be fine. Merry Christmas and spend this day with your family!!

niggly's picture
niggly's picture
niggly Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 8:17am

merry christmas all
be safe ‘ be well
thanks for the great content stu n ben
cheers

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 10:38am

tbb sends Xmas cheer to #1 swellnet crew

WHO phased out the boosters on Santa's Sleigh.
tbb categorically denies saving the VIP's Xmas by mandating the sprinkling of Silly Seasoning!
The DAMNED : "There Ain't no Sanity Clause."

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 12:00pm

Merry Xmas everyone...just surfed the Bells Bowl , head high 4 guys out....waters warm....ah how good is life!!!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 12:04pm

All the very best to you MC and TB.

Yep, all said and done, life is pretty good.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 12:09pm

Yes Merry Christmas all, and how good MC!

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 12:25pm

Merry Christmas to all on SN. May you all get your fill of uncrowded sessions.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 2:25pm

Nice one MC, I just surfed my favourite local wave ( Jodie Cooper has compared the power to Sunset) with my 12yo daughter (it was smallish). A very Merry Christmas SN crew

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 2:37pm

Merry Xmas everyone. Hope everyone gets to spend some quality time with their friends and family.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 2:57pm

You too Ben and to Stu and Craig also.

Thanks for tying this little community together.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 3:45pm

Merry Christmas legends.

Just got through the first of the Christmas family lunches. Fuck, I feel like retreating into a cool, dark cave and hibernating for a few months till I’ve digested the 3000 prawns I just ate. There’s worse ways to go!

Thanks for a good year of interest , intrigue and stimulating discussion. Cheers for the accurate forecasts and the overall stoke out of the editorial.

Hope Santa hooks up with Huey and youse all get some sick pits under the Chrissy tree.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 7:30pm

Merry Christmas you filthy animals ....

https://m.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 9:27pm

https://m.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 25 Dec 2021 at 11:21am

Got bugger all in the stocking...actually I didn't even get a stocking...but I just found, not one, but two, eroded housebricks in the shorebreak to add to my eroded housebrick collection.

So already it's a fantastic day.

Now it's time to put on my Mambo MP cutback shirt with coconut shell buttons, sup on the Christmas cheer in the ante meridiem (only day of the year it's excusable), hook into a bucket prawns, lamb roast, and then a pav, all the duties divvied up by the family.

Meanwhile, the answer to the eternal question is that Tassie will make the gravy, and as he's only nine-years old you can bet it won't taste the same.

Hope y'all have a great day too.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 25 Dec 2021 at 12:07pm

We’ve had a couple of old bricks kicking around on the verandah and they were starting to give me the shits just looking at them. I made a move to get rid of them and my mother in law lost her mind. It wasn’t till she showed me the tell tale diamond stamp the first Sydney convicts put in the handmade bricks which made the first proper buildings in Australia that I understood her reluctance to get rid of them.

Bit ‘O history.

Anyway ….early start here. Already letting the draw string out on the boardies due to seafood consumption.

Chrissy rules.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 25 Dec 2021 at 3:11pm

Merry Christmas swellnutters.
Had my first surf at a new spot i was invited to with a local at his secret spot, boat only access a fair way closer to steeep point shark ville than it needs to be..by ourselves in perfect winds..was perfect when we arrived but started getting wider off the reef as the swell turned more south so we headed home before the seabreeze fucked up our trip home...didnt chuck in for fuel money though i forgot...anyway it might become a regular thing as his wife told him hes not allowed to surf sharky waters alone anymore..
Had a great morning but no photos or directions from me...just a good chrissy present from a good mate...now its time for prawns and crays for lunch with my friends.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 25 Dec 2021 at 3:13pm

Niiiice GS. Lucky bugger.
1ft waves surfing through toddlers on a foamy for me. But a surfs a surf!
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Saturday, 25 Dec 2021 at 3:24pm

Merry Christmas, everyone

Early present with fresh 17sec swell on 23 December. 2xOH+ and not crowded.

A few out of towners on holiday, and they were stoked as hell.

Family Xmas since then with no surf but lots of swims.

Happy happy holidays