Bloggers surfing photos!!!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 23 May 2014 at 4:16pm

So, here it is.... A place to upload a photo of yourself throwing some spray, pulling in, a late drop, a wicked air, a hell wipout!! A narcissistic's dream come true...... Come on guys (and gals)....... Be great to see some of the swellnet characters actually surfing...... Yeah we had "bloggers waves", which was mainly epic photos of breaks, but not much surfing..... here's your chance..... Show us what you've got!!!!!!!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 4:55pm

Cmon, Ben!!!! Repost that awesome shot of you in S.A, just to get the ball rolling :)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 23 May 2014 at 5:25pm

Yeah he's got a great positioned bottom turn to say the least:)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 5:28pm

Cmon, welly!!! ya' gotta have a photo of yourself somewhere...... Even if it is from 1963..... on a mal..... at 2 foot Mount Manga shorey.... ;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 23 May 2014 at 5:45pm

Hey you know I'm not that old Sheepio

^* kid, year of the monkey.
Trying to be cryptic with the keyboard there like you ;)

Anyways would 3 foot "Pa Point "Plimmerton...... Classicwave...
Mickfree knows my whare ;P

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 5:57pm

Where is Mick free? maybe he's got some good shots.... ;)

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Friday, 23 May 2014 at 6:35pm

Ok sheepy here's one someone emailed to me getting a rocky little barrel at the 'hole.

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Friday, 23 May 2014 at 6:41pm

Not photos of epicness but here is a vid of some single fin love from a couple of years back. The bloggers waves thread has a screen shot from this vid, the one getting covered up on the ledge. This is low tide, pretty mellow...the joint really comes alive on the hightide when it runs down the ledge proper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp-xOvJpTQI

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 7:19pm

Luv ya work TGF, yorkey!!!! Nice one..... At least I know someone here can surf....... ;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 7:42pm

TGF, W.A right?..... Yorko, you talkin' "fishy" hole?

trippergreenfeet Friday, 23 May 2014 at 7:56pm
Sheepdog wrote:

TGF, W.A right?..... Yorko, you talkin' "fishy" hole?

Yeah SD, west oz...

Nice shot of that stinky fish hole too YS, fond memories of that place, running through the bush at night fucked up on the good shit dodging wobbly chooks.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 8:03pm

Mmmmm, stinky fish hole..... ghlglrrlgglhhlhrrr......

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Friday, 23 May 2014 at 9:38pm

Yeah that's the one Sheepy. Not exactly a secret spot;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 9:56pm

Well, I better put up or shut up, yorko, TGF.... Don't have many good quality photos, but here's one of old sheepy doing his goofy foot "kong" impersonation at 1st bay coolum circa 1999... lol

trippergreenfeet Friday, 23 May 2014 at 10:11pm

Chasing down a looming section at Bullies on a big, orange toothpick - fuckin horrible thing to surf. Can't complain too loud though, was a lender after my entire board collection was lost to fire.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 10:30pm

The toothpick sultan ;) Yeah, looks like a dodgy rocker, but nice wave mate

trippergreenfeet Friday, 23 May 2014 at 10:46pm
Sheepdog wrote:

The toothpick sultan ;) Yeah, looks like a dodgy rocker, but nice wave mate

8' x 18 1/2 x 2 1/4 McKewan pintail, dog to paddle, dog to surf, but it did get me a few nice waves that day so can't be too critical.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 10:43pm

8 foot!!!!!!! Jesus!!!! But yeah I take your point.... Looked like a cracking day, TGF.... Many out?

trippergreenfeet Friday, 23 May 2014 at 10:54pm

Yeah, 8', way over gunned for a 6-8' Bullies, but when it's all ya got, ya gotta go with it.

Crowd...the usual 6-8 guys out - it was smoking alright, with Lumpy on the hill taking happy snaps.
That was a surprise late Sat arvo session, swell kinda came out of nowhere and the wind backed off with the jump in swell. The next morning however was spectacular, 8-10, low tide, glassy and absolutely fucking cracking, good as it gets.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 10:58pm

Here's one... South wall.... 6'5 x 18 3/4 x 2 3/8... Was surfing with Taj, Damian hobgood and Luke Hitching that day.....

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Friday, 23 May 2014 at 11:07pm

Ripping! Sth wall, just past the paddocks?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 23 May 2014 at 11:21pm

Yep. Was out on my lonesome... Midweek... fun 3 foot... Mrs and the pooch on the wall... Then these 3 blokes rock up.... Fuckn great, I thought..... Pissed right off.... Then they paddle out and no shit it was Taj, Damian, and Luke..... Up doing some promo for Globe or something.... Anyway, has a good rap with Taj.... Seemed like a good bloke.....

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Friday, 23 May 2014 at 11:46pm

Charger! I've heard it's not even really a surfing wave. Kinda like the groyne I guess. But hey, this a lad from Cairns talking. Carry on southern shredders.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 12:32am

How much fun is surfing.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 9:38am

Mitchvg, are we talking of the same place? Or were you referring to bullies? Cos I can assure you, if we are talking south of the paddocks across the ferry, that spot can fuckn crank!!!!! Hence 3 pros rocking up....

trippergreenfeet Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 9:42am

Yeah, Bullies is shit, no point surfing there, even when it's cranking...fucking hoax of a wave, yew!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 10:01am

TGF, I think he was referring to "free ride county"...... I think.....
Never surfed the bull.... Looks awesome...... That's down in crow land, isn't it?

trippergreenfeet Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 10:13am

SD, having a piss take mate...at work going outta my fuckin mind...I thought it ws funny at the time anyway.
Nothing hoaxy about Bullies when it's on, great place if ya love a good belting with a long hold down. Yeah, down in the land of the garnga (crow), across the train tracks, through the killer shorey and into heaving heaven.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 10:19am

Ok, yep, I know the spot....... Had the pleasure of sitting up on the hill near that railway line with my girl (now my wife), on a hot summer day, munching on S.A crayfish..... No surf that day, bar a few bodyboard "wedges" to the left of where we were sitting.... Never really got to surf much during my time in S.A.... I regret that........

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 12:38pm

Yeah I ain't heard of any cow paddocks in SA!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 12:41pm

Well, "bullies", cows..... They are related ;)........ But seriously, don't know who told you that wall doesn't crank... Maybe they were trying to keep you away........ One of my favorite wedges, being a goofy.....

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 12:50pm

Lol no as in you need to bring scuba gear, because you'll be going below sea level! Not an easy wave to surf ;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 1:15pm

Nahh... Just a chunky wedge, Mitch.... Like Dbah rights up against the wall, but a left..... You should check it out next spring, when the norwesters are blowing and sunny coast is flat...... You'd love it..... Caravan park with decent little cabins nearby.... reasonable off peak mid week prices too.....

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 1:58pm

Yeah me and all my qld mates haha

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 2:24pm

You'd be surprised mid week and not on school holidays..... Plus there's the endless beachys south of there, and a couple of little "haunts" an fun drive to the south if the swell is up......

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 8:44pm

Lucky it's not in Southey's turf or we'd be toast by now :!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 9:03pm

Speaking of southey.... Show us a photo, mate.... And yourself, Mitch.... Don..... We don't mind mal riders ;)

trippergreenfeet Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 9:16pm
Sheepdog wrote:

We don't mind mal riders ;)

Yep, mals are cool, I've got a lovely 8' Sunova that I like to bust out occasionally...just needs some TLC, spent a bit much time on that ledge in the vid I posted above.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 10:22pm

Is it orange? ;)

trippergreenfeet Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 10:34pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Is it orange? ;)

hahaha...no thank fuck, it's a lovely shade of balsa, and goes a damn site better than that orange toothpick.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 8:58am

Cool little vid TGF, did you have words to the SUP as he left pretty smart haha ;)

Sheepio, is Old woman island also known as 'cunt' rock....?
I know a bloke and his wife used to surf it lots in the 80's, she ended up puncturing her lung and nearly drowned there. Lee and Sandy, kiwi concretor, they lived at Peregian beach...? Then moved to Wanaka in the 90's and got into snowboarding.
Thought you might have known them.....? Anyway cheers.

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 9:19am
wellymon wrote:

Cool little vid TGF, did you have words to the SUP as he left pretty smart haha ;)

No words, he's a good mate who paddled over from the left on the other side of the ledge to say g'day...can't hold the SUP thing against him, he'd broken his back about six months before the vid was taken, poor fucker can no longer jump to his feet from prone...SUP'ing it up for the rest of days.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 9:25am

Nice one at least he's out in the water having fun.
If that happened to myself I would follow the same realm, good on him
Cool vid though, well enjoyed watching soul single fin surfing with no one around, gold:)

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 11:00am

I had to follow the same trail, 18 months out of the water from a back injury, first 3 months back in was on a SUP, then onto my 8' mal, then back to short boards...whatever it takes.

I really miss that spot, I call it backfence cause I used to jump my backfence and run down the hill and I was out there, took no more than two minutes to be at the takeoff spot from leaving home...best part was I didn't even have to get outta bed to check the wave.
Needless to say, I had more solo sessions than surfing with other crew (joy of FIFO). Also the place is a swell magnet, when everywhere else is flat, it'll be picking up 2 footers but appear flat to those who don't sit around for 10 minutes doing a surf check. It is one of those waves that is underrated by most, considered a bit of a hoax even, but what a nice hoax it is.

That HB Eve was a sick board but met it's end at thumping 6' Waitpinga Point.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 11:29am

Welly, no, not the island....... I have shown you a photo of where "cunt rock" is though.... It way out in the distance in my second photo of the "bays"...... You can't see it.... it just sits there, inches underwater being a cunt..... http://www.swellnet.com/forums/f-stop/101456

So cmon, welly.... Show us a photo of you surfing ffs..... Even if it is embarrassing ..... Here I'll post a shocking photo of me in death defying conditions down here in southern tassie, going the survival trim stance in 10kg of rubber...... heart pounding, negotiating everything the southern ocean was throwing at me...... real "he man stuff". I'll do it just to take the brunt of mockery, laughter , and abuse ;)

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 11:48am

What, no poo man? You almost had it all in one shot.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 11:52am

I did poo... and wee.... Nice and warm.....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 1:06pm

Classic Sheepio, ok I will its the only photo I have of surfing, just a mo have to scan, then up load to imgur then................wow wammo bammo

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 1:14pm

Back hand pooh btm turn practise in the wrong substrate, oooops wrong hobby but same realm :)
Practise makes perfect, photo by Tony Harrington (cool cunt for sure)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 1:32pm

Fantastic Photo! Stylin'.... Love the colours..... awesome :) ..... But cmon mate..... This isn't snownet.... Dig out that one of you back in 58',,,,, on a skegless 15 foot plank, trimming a whanga freight train lol

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 1:45pm

Never been snowboarding but fuck, I can feel that turn in my guts Welly. Nice one.