Tunes

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012 at 6:47pm

Alright, time for some discussion on what yr all listening too. My iTunes inventory is getting a little stale so I'm up for some inspiration.

Currently loving The Drones' album "Havilah".. incredible songwriting and some of the best recorded guitars and drum I've heard in a long time. I'm a little late to the party with this album but it's on high rotation at the moment and will probably stay there a while. I've seen these guys live once (Fowlers, Adelaide) and fortunately they're incredible on stage too. Can't wait to see them again.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 12 Apr 2021 at 6:04pm

Came across the other day, something different and a bit raw but still pretty cool

Goofy4's picture
Goofy4's picture
Goofy4 Monday, 12 Apr 2021 at 6:26pm

Bit of Tassie Lounge Room shin dig....

Goofy4's picture
Goofy4's picture
Goofy4 Monday, 12 Apr 2021 at 6:45pm

indo-dreaming wrote: Love band type family trees/ Lineages especially when all great bands.

Started with Tassie band the Phillstines that moved to SA and even had the odd song on late 80s early 90s surf videos.

The Philistines had a pretty good following on the USA college/uni circuit...I had them as a resident band at a venue for a period of time late 890's until it all went to chaotic shit - pretty sure at least one didn't make it through addictions but Aiden may still be going - doesn't look to me like there are any original Philistines in Rocket Science though...Ive got live recordings on tape in the shed...Philistines/The Cryotics/Suburban Urchins/Insnity Clause - epic

Then from the ashes formed the very underrated Freeloaders not the best quality recording here, but awesome song, they had a few rippers, should have got more attention than they did.

Then from those ashes i believe at least one member went on to Rocket Science, who also have some great songs in that Aussie garage style.

Goofy4's picture
Goofy4's picture
Goofy4 Monday, 12 Apr 2021 at 7:10pm
Goofy4's picture
Goofy4's picture
Goofy4 Monday, 12 Apr 2021 at 7:38pm

Mostly for the hat...........................

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 24 Apr 2021 at 10:29am

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 Apr 2021 at 11:42pm
shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Thursday, 6 May 2021 at 6:05am

Precious winter rose
Beautiful and rare
Precious winter rose
In the garden there

https://youtu.be/7HbjtJatEls

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 7 May 2021 at 3:27pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 7 May 2021 at 3:39pm

Great song Udo

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 7 May 2021 at 3:44pm

Hats off to Danzig for fighting back against wokeness.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/glenn-danzig-believes-woke-bullshit-and...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 8 May 2021 at 9:14am

Flowers by the door - I had totally forgotten about that song but Herro singing it on his insta made me listen again..