Turnbull rolls over "again" to the ultra right

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Monday, 10 Feb 2014 at 7:21pm

No-one got anything to say about the loss of the car industry under a government and high viz Tony that promised to create 1,000,000 jobs?

Slumber away ........

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 2:46pm

Just pay your union fees, boys, and keep your heads down. Don't get ahead of yourselves.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 3:12pm

hey sheepster,

this sums it up perfectly ....

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/malcolm-turnbulls-leadership-challenge-...

Good to see you're back to your ole self boy band barbie

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 3:21pm

Oi Doggo, for this miserably stupid comment above, surely Klaus deserves one of your infamous memes. Do it for the workers, comrade!

And Floyd gotta love this comment from the article you posted. I concur heartily.

"I always thought that opinion WAS fact for conservatives.

And conversely, fact is simply opinion.

So we have the "opinion" of climate change, and the fact of "deficit disaster".

... the LNP is a hollow log, filled with vaporous nonsense, and if you hit it hard enough, all the nonsense-believers line up to convert the endless bank of lies into facts.

They can't even accurately tell you what a "lefty" is, except to say, it's anyone who disagrees with their lies. They just don't know nuthin' about nuthin'."

Now who on here is always spoutin' this kind of "lefty" trash-talk?

Please form an orderly dinky-di Aussie queue please (we're not asylum seekin' queue jumpers here, maaaate).

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 9:12pm

Pc is out of action, turkey slap.. Mobile phone only for now..

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:26pm

Thank you;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:16pm
wellymon wrote:

Thank god;)

wrong thread, man...

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:21pm

Haha classic Gold stuff Sheepio.

I can't blame your lack of literature at the moment champ, as it is hard on a Iphone 2S,

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 10:24pm

I meant a Voda phone 1998 !G;)

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 8:30pm

While I'm not going to make any moral judgement on the alleged Abbott/Credlin relationship I will most certainly highlight that one Tony Abbott the politician:

* is a fierce defender of the "traditional" marriage b/w a man & a woman in his attack of same-sex marriage;
* trotted out his wife & 3 daughters at the last 2 elections to highlight how he is a "good family" man;
*carries his Catholic faith on his sleeve as a badge of honour;
* was the Minister for Women in his government;
* cites George Pell as a close personal friend;
* ensured the Commonwealth funded religious (Christian) programs in government schools; and
* endlessly talked about faith and God while in office.

Not to worry Tony, as a Catholic you just need to go to confession and all will be forgiven.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 4:23pm

Do you think Australia would leave the alliance if Trump became President?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 4:42pm

Floyd - It's time to move on mate.

I know Abbott meant a lot to you, but.....shits over.

Welcome to 2016.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 6 Mar 2016 at 4:41pm
floyd wrote:

Do you think Australia would leave the alliance if Trump became President?

In one word? No.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 11:56am

Floyd..... Could Bilge Shunter do a "Steve Bradbury"? It's really quite remarkable how everything the coalition touches turns to shit....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 12:44pm

Sheepy, in a word No, but the election could throw up some interesting twists that will make life hard(er) for Turnbull e.g. Mirabella losing (again), Windsor beating the red face fucktard cane toad called Joyce, at least 2 possibly 3 of the cross bench being return to haunt the senate just to name a few before we start on the likely reduced majority in the house of reps.

Turnbull isn't a good media performer, man he would put a glass eye to sleep, so he could fuck up big time and of course there is the Abbott factor.

The libs have no policies todate so expect a massive scare campaign against labor (again, again, again ... same as it ever was .......

The libs have totally pissed off a lot of people in the electorate but is labor forgiven for the kevin rudd shitpie experience, i don't think so .... so my answer is no, but its a long campaign so anything could happen ..................... what's your take sheepy?

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 5:06pm

Shout out to the title of this thread. Like!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 8:28pm

"I know Abbott meant a lot to you, but.....shits over". Hmm nah, don't think so.

Hands up who'd like to see Windsor beat Joyce? What'd Johnny Depp call Barnaby Joyce - "weird sweaty-pated gut man".

Absolute gold.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 9:29pm

Floyd, My take is there's an outside possibility, and I mean outside, that the right wing of the coalition may get punished at the election.... I think a lot of discerning floating voters like myself can see the Rudd like turmoil being created For Turnbull and the moderates by the nut brigade.... In a DD, Bernardii will survive... But I see danger signs for lower house members like Nikolic, Joyce, even Abbott.... I mean we did see Howard lose his seat..... So I am hoping with all my might that if Turnbull wins with a reduced majority, which he should, It's the hard right that wears the losses..... it'd be the only way he could survive a reduced lower house.... if Moderates fall, but all hard right nutters remain, he'll be rolled within a year..
So lets hope the good folk of Fairy Bower show Abbott the door.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 10:00pm

Sheeparoo, Nice analysis but .... "discerning floating voters like me" .... and you thought you could get away with that since arriving here by boat within the last 2 years? Nice try lad!

I agree if more moderates go than nut cases Turnbull is in big trouble next term if he is returned in fact I see big trouble ahead for the libs regardless of the election result .... just what and who do they stand for these days? I see parallels with what's happening in the land of milk and honey, the republicans are shot, they hate each other more than the democrats ... tea party and trump fighting moderates and in the natural election cycle it should be a republican president but that isn't going to happen ... the USA are a few years ahead of us but if there isn't a wholesale clean out of the ultra right nutters the same thing will happen here ...........

interesting reading in the Age today

an article on Abetz stating it was a mistake sacking him from the ministry ... WTF

an article written by Tim Costello about the lost soul of the liberal party

an article about the most forgetful federal minister of all time Arthur Sinodinos linking him to illegal party donations to the NSW liberals via the Canberra branch

an article about how Tony Jones upset Turnbull on Lateline

an article about the preference whisperer and how micro parties will be targeting Liberal/ National members in marginal seats

none good for the neocons ..... its going to be a long campaign and I don't think anyone is fooled by Turnbull's ABCC bullshit election excuse .... its going to be interesting alright sheepy

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 26 Mar 2016 at 11:53pm

Oh floydaroony..... I do change my vote... I have even voted for a state coalition once, believe it or not - tasmania - Labor/green coalition was a farce.... And I still have nightmares about my preference vote to the coalition in 96, though I dont think they needed it......... Never EVER voted LNP in qld... Labor up there.... Always horses for courses, mate...
What makes you think I'm a tribalist, may I ask? And btw, i will not be voting for the libs, nats, Labor, or greens this election.... The greens I will be putting in last for the senate... I will be checking out my local independent options as a form of protest, as none of the major parties deserve my vote.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 27 Mar 2016 at 11:22am

sheepy, it was just the use of the word discerning ...highly amusing ... yeah i will also be voting independent in the senate 1 to 6,

more dirt on Sinodonis in the Age today ... the Libs aren't off to a good start - week 1 a total disaster.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 27 Mar 2016 at 12:27pm

Floyd - "sheepy, it was just the use of the word discerning ...highly amusing "

Hey!!!!!!!!! That's a bit of a bitch slap.....
Discerning - "having or showing good judgement."

Well I'm more discerning than the Essendon Football club....... :p

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 27 Mar 2016 at 1:27pm

Ouch, happy easter sheepy

here's a treat for you, the 2nd album I got with my own money was Ummagumma and have been listening to it ever since ... enjoy

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Monday, 28 Mar 2016 at 8:17pm

Apparently this just happened, today I think. Tones, committing the cardinal sin.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 28 Mar 2016 at 8:47pm
benski wrote:

Apparently this just happened, today I think. Tones, committing the cardinal sin.

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/714366835844472832

Yeah Tones was also riding a SUP ... on his knees ... twice the loser

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 9:19am
benski wrote:

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/714366835844472832

Geez and drop ins just don't happen at Noosa.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 10:09am

from the sheepdog

The greens I will be putting in last for the senate

I wonder how many people will punish the greens for their little deal. it seemed the greens were really gathering momentum for a period until this little dark shadow arrived. I was looking forward to voting for someone with wholeheartedness for the first time thanks to di natalie's leadership, not anymore, a seed of doubt from a seedy deal has arisen...back to weighing up who's least shit... so disappointing

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 10:36am

Floyd/sypo..... Cheers, Floyd.... Hope you had a good break, man.... Very quiet one here.... Enjoyed vietnam Kho Bo beef jerky on good Friday.... Hell awaits ;)

Sypo... Flashback to the democrats dealing with Howard/gst.... within 6 years of that, they were spent... I doubt the greens will fold like the dems, but it will turn a lot of disenchanted Labor voters back to labor...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 11:05am

Abbott drops in on a female surfer.... Misogynist accusation confirmed.... :p

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/tony-abbott-photographed-...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 11:26am

Flashback to the democrats dealing with Howard/gst....

yep was thinking the same, yeh it won't kill em like the democrats, but they'll definitely take a hit. a shame really, it's a big hit for a very small gain. which is why I don't understand their keeness

it's

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 11:44am
floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 11:58am

hey sheepy ........ what do you reckon about these theories ....

Windsor and and a couple of Xenophons plus Wilkie get up in the Reps and suddenly Turnbull has not only a hostile Senate to deal with he also has to to deal with a troublesome Reps

Same situation as above but the independents form a government with Labor aka Gillard style

and this is the best one of them all Barnardi and the ultra right wing born again fucktards sense they are losing their control over the Lib/Nats split from the LNP to form their "Australian Conservatives Movement" Party .... apparently he already has the name ..................

ah, its only week 2 of 15 and Turnbull isn't looking fresh!!!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 7:15pm

Possible, Floyd... Unlikely but possible..... From what I've heard Nikolic is in trouble.... One nutter gone...... Andrew Robb retiring and replaced by gay liberal - 2 nutters gone..... Joyce in BIG trouble re' Windsor - 3 nutters gone..... My smokie - Abbott loses his own seat - 4 nutters gone...... Moderates then blame the hard right for election fiasco.....
Personally, I'd have an all out assault on Abbotts seat if I had anything to do with Labor or the greens.... There would be no stronger message to the neoconic christian right than having Abbott and several high profile lower house members thrown out on their arse..... That in itself would make Cory "don't marry your pets" Bernardi think long and hard about going it alone....
I just hope Labor members aren't WANTING the hard right to remain.... Sure, it might destabilize the libs post election.... But if labor are thinking this way, then they are not thinking about Australia.. They are thinking about 2019.... And that's playing with fire on so many levels.... It just needs the right to be intact, and a terrorist attack in 2018/19, and Labor are in the wilderness 2013 to god knows when......

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 30 Mar 2016 at 4:37pm

Floyd, I might have to take back my "Shunter hasn't got a hope in hell" line..... Turnbull is imploding... It's a shambles..... Blurt might do a Steve Bradbury....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 30 Mar 2016 at 7:23pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Floyd, I might have to take back my "Shunter hasn't got a hope in hell" line..... Turnbull is imploding... It's a shambles..... Blurt might do a Steve Bradbury....

Presumably you are referring to Turnbull's ooooops I mean the IPA's idea of getting the states to raise taxes on the eve of an election.

So the full(er) story is finally coming out, first reduce the Commonwealth's allocation to the states for health and education spending by $80 billion (Abbott's 2014 failed budget) and then get the states to raise the tax to fund the shortfall ........... further proof that Turnbull is just running on Abbott's policies ........ so why change the leader? ...... nothing to do with what's good for the country but what's good for the Liberals!!

This idea of getting the states to raise taxes will be a race to the bottom for the smaller states like Tasmania and South Australia ....... second class health and education etc etc. Wantt to see this policy in action ..... look no further than America ... and who has the better health and education ????

I'm old enough to remember how the states competed against each other when the big aluminium producers wanted to build smelters in Australia .... all the states were in a fight/race to the bottom offering tax concessions and, as in the case of Victoria, ridiculously cheap electricity which the Victoria is still saddled with. This is the sort of shit that will happen in the future if this idea gets up ... states tripping over each other offering cheap(er) taxation rates for big business to establish their coal mine or smelter or uranium waste dump site in "their state" ........... maybe this is also the way Gina Rinehart and others get their "special economic zone".............

This is a mine field politically and economically for Turnbull and all future state and federal governments and should be strongly resisted.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 30 Mar 2016 at 11:16pm

floyd... I honestly think they need to check the water at the lodge and in the pm's canberra office.... It has to be laced with idiot juice..... Did they change the plumbing in 1996?

Greebs's picture
Greebs's picture
Greebs Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 2:32am

Sypkan sums an extensive and complex political discourse very neatly: "...back to weighing up who's least shit... so disappointing"

Greebs urges the good folk of swellnet to consider the specific environmental policies of your candidates & parties FIRST.

Ideally, economic sustainability linked to environmental policy, but thats a harder one to crack in a world set up around economic growth.

Federal and state L/NP governments have shown nothing but contempt for the environment, and animal welfare for that matter, so they wont get my vote, as much as I was hoping ol' Malcolm might be a breath of fresh air, supposedly intelligent and principled.

He leads a government that's done all it could to wind back the extensive commonwealth marine parks network introduced by Labor, promoted new coal ventures in the Hunter and Qld against all common sense, hasn't stood up to the Japanese re ILLEGAL whaling despite repeated promises and weasel words to do so, threatened the removal of commonwealth renewable energy incentives for major RE providers and start-ups, hasn't demanded the resignation of abbott following his dropping in on a girl at Noosa .. the list could go on. Then there was Newbrain in Qld revoking native vegetation safeguards leading to massive clearance of native woodlands since, with more being cleared at a phenomenal rate as you read this in a panic move by farmers prior to the Palas...(sorry dont know spelling!) govt flagging an intention to reinstate them. I cant remember the hectares being cleared per day/week atm - it's an outrageous figure... extremely distressing for anyone who cares about australian natural heritage.

But then you've got Bill Sort-of. Seems like he's had an operation which removed that part of his brain containing personality. Let's see what he has to say about specific environmental initiatives - if any. I'm hoping though. Unfortunately an endless stream of corrupt Union shonks aren't doing him or Labor any favours either.

In protest I once voted for some crew called The Natural Law Party. Their main gig was they believed they could levitate off their mattresses if they chanted and thought about it hard enough. Seemed worthwhile at the time, and could be a useful alternative, but they folded, dammit.

So despite their shortcomings, at this stage that really only leaves the Greens for Greebs.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 9:45am

sheepo ........ confirmed ... Turnbull is barking mad!

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/malcolm-turnbul...

****Spoken by M Turnbull for the Labor Party Canberra****

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 1:21pm

yeh gotta agree greebs, I haven't given up on them yet, but only because xenophon was in on the shady deals. I judge the greens harder though as they should be more principled, not fair maybe but that's how I feel.

greens have earned some points back already by questioning the outrageous rorting that is private health insurance and rebates. this really needs an extensive study to show it has done little to eaee pressure on the public system, while it has been a very poor investment for those paying premiums. though it has been a great $5 billion investment in the interests of john howards mates. not sure if that was the goal

still quantifying the turds....

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 1:43pm

Does it matter that Shorten has no personality? Could be a plus.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 2:00pm

it clearly is a plus as it has allowed him to unite the labor party, no mean feat, credit where credit is due and all that, it's not a plus if you want to inspire some hope in a bleak landscape, not to mention no personality seems to equate to no real conviction about nothing.

which goes to greebs point about labor and the environment. care not much about nothing, except maybe climate change if it's in vogue that month, and even that 'conviction' wanes quickly at the prospect of a new coal mine

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 4 Apr 2016 at 4:10pm

Looks like the Liberals are imploding ..... Andrews, Jensen, lower tax for business at a time when more businesses are shown to be avoiding paying any tax, refusal to reduce tax concessions on super and negative gearing favoured by the wealthy, adani mine approved ......... Liberals declare war on Australia and themselves!! /............. bodes well for the country then .... bring on the election

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 4 Apr 2016 at 7:20pm

Floyd............ Qld Labor........ If it was a coalition state government that approved Adani, well........ Let's just say the silence is deafening...

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 4 Apr 2016 at 9:35pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Floyd............ Qld Labor........ If it was a coalition state government that approved Adani, well........ Let's just say the silence is deafening...

Yes ... Qld Labor did sign off on the mine just recently but are you suggesting greg hunt's grubby fingers haven't been all over it over he last 3 years?

Look both major parties need to distance themselves from these projects ......... in this case i can't see it being built or ever being profitable the world has moved away from coal and the price needs to more than double and stay there for the life of the mine for it to make money ........ so on that basis what's going on? why proceed? has adani suckered tax payer coin that we don't know about? it just doesn't make any common or economic sense

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 4 Apr 2016 at 10:11pm

Yes ... Qld Labor did sign off on the mine just recently but are you suggesting greg hunt's grubby fingers haven't been all over it over he last 3 years?

No..... I didn't suggest that at all...... Are you suggesting Anna signed off on it coz she's a Greg fan?
How about enough of these suggestions, and bag the crap out of Qld labor, mate? They deserve it..

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 5 Apr 2016 at 9:06am

let's not forget federal labor's hypocrisy where questionable jobs and barely/non existent profits override ' our greatest moral challenge'

http://m.smh.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/government-labor-block...

Federal Labor resources spokesman Gary Gray welcomed the decision and said the project was of "great importance to Queensland and to Australia"

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 5 Apr 2016 at 10:22am

Yes, hypocrisy maybe. But understand what drives Labor in Qld, the unions. It is essential they maintain a membership base. Mining is one of those industries where the unions do have significant influence. Creating jobs is essential, interestingly for both parties, in this part of Aus. There aren't many. So is the protest against coal, as such. (India will get its coal from somewhere). Or is it against the fact that its near the barrier reef ? Given the process this approval has gone through - all levels of government, supreme court, federal court, commissions - you name it. The Indians will burn coal regardless what we think.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 5 Apr 2016 at 11:35am

sheepo ...... as my ex navy mates say they were always in the shit only the depth changed. same as political parties, according to my values the shit is lower with labor but its still shit. under newman and abbott it was up to our necks, under turnbull is up to your man boobies :))

tones ....... yeah you are right india will do what india will do but does that mean we have to make our backyard a shit pit for them in a world of diminishing demand for coal? by the way they apparently have 200 years of the stuff on home soil so why dig ours up? it can't be economic reasons, i just don't get it, it cannot be remotely economically viable based on their own figures which were put through all those reviews you refer to. so what's the catch? why are we interested when its likely to only ever get get 1/2 built before the bankers, if they can get any, put out? will this become like the fucking pulp mill proposal that gunns wanted to put in the pristine tamar valley? it just doesn't make sense ...........

sheepster, that gunns mill, you were down there then, what went down at a government level to encourage the gunns government cabinet sub-committee ooooops i mean the gunns board to proceed?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 5 Apr 2016 at 11:56am

not really fussed about the reef

not overly concerned about climate change

it's the hypocrisy and hyperbole

are we 'moving forward' with the new ways of the future or not?

this thing has a long life span, it's going to look ridiculous in 10 years time whether climate change is in vogue or not. that's without even considering how uneconomical it has become, and is becoming exponentially

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/05/cost-of-stopping-new-coa...

subsidising jobs and caveman technology for chicken feed, we need a little more vision

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 5 Apr 2016 at 12:11pm

great link sypkan, precisely what I'm talking about

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 5 Apr 2016 at 12:54pm

Yep awesome article.