Turnbull rolls over "again" to the ultra right

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Monday, 10 Feb 2014 at 7:21pm

No-one got anything to say about the loss of the car industry under a government and high viz Tony that promised to create 1,000,000 jobs?

Slumber away ........

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 at 8:58pm

That second article summed it up; how Tony's issues, and there were many, were projected upon the populace. I get the feeling we'll look back on this period with utter, utter dismay.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 10:44am

I think you will find that all leaders, especially in Aus over the last five years, who have been forcibly moved on, don't blame themselves. Re the articles you linked to - it should be stated that Mark Kenny (The Age) has never supported Abbott or his policies - not really the best person to use when reviewing Abbott time in parliament. The best I like is that 'Abbott was like a dog chasing a car but when you got there didn't seem to know what to do next'.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 11:31am
indo-dreaming wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

Yeah, well....... I'll give Turnbull a go..... I'm a fair man..... With 40 something libs not on his side, he'll have to be careful..
He can't be a turn bull in a china shop... get it? Turn - bull -....china - free trade... Ahh fuck off...... :p

ha ha….im sure we will have a new thread to bag Turnball out by this time next month…and I'm putting my money on you to be the one who starts it :P

Ahhh, indo my old pal.... You can be just a little bit of a pin head at times old chum....
http://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico

As you can see, Lib leadership is floyds cash cow... Send your money to stu at swellnet... He'll make sure it gets to me.... ;)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 11:33am

I don't think any other leader was given so many warnings like 'tony you're being a wanker"

the man seemed to relish in being a wanker,

yep got the car and had no fucking idea, shows how one dimensional and simple minded he really is

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 11:51am

The economy needs a kickstart.... Now, if I was Mal', I'd delicately steer the small L libs towards same sex marriage..... labors and greens vote are a given....
*between 5 and 10% of the populace are openly gay...
* Lets play the numbers down and say 500 000 gays wish to marry
* That's 250 000 weddings.. - But let's play it down some more - 200 000 weddings......
* """""According to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission's latest data, the average wedding in Australia costs $36,200"""""
* But let's play that down to $ 20 000.......

* 20 000 x 200 000 = $4 000 000 000..... That's 4 billion............

* We haven't counted wedding gifts, engagements, honeymoons....
Engagements - say 2k per engagement re - ring, dinner, cards, flowers yadda yadda... - 2000 x 200 000 = $400 000 000.... That's 4 hundred million.....

* 5k in wedding gifts - 5000 x 200 000 = $ 1 000 000 000.... That's 1 billion......

* 10k per honeymoon, but we'll 1/2 that due to overseas honeymoons
- so 5k.... 5000 x 200 000 = $1000 000 000... Another billion.....

$6 400 000 000........................... 6.4 BILLION dollars....... Even over a two year period let alone a one year period is a mighty fine amount of cash thrown into the economy.....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 1:34pm

Someone I know said when he saw Abbott he saw George Pell and when he saw George Pell he saw Abbott.

This was referencing how both knew how to say the "right thing" but act differently and how they were able to reconcile this contradiction because they operate with a deep religious/spiritual conviction that they are right and the end justifies whatever means .... deceit, lies, fabrication, fighting against current day moral & social values.

If you accept this view of Abbott then you clearly see he wasn't a liberal or even a political conservative or anything that can be easily linked to a parliamentary democracy ... a very dangerous man and arguably Australia's worst PM.

Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 2:08pm
floyd wrote:

Someone I know said when he saw Abbott he saw George Pell and when he saw George Pell he saw Abbott.

This was referencing how both knew how to say the "right thing" but act differently and how they were able to reconcile this contradiction because they operate with a deep religious/spiritual conviction that they are right and the end justifies whatever means .... deceit, lies, fabrication, fighting against current day moral & social values.

If you accept this view of Abbott then you clearly see he wasn't a liberal or even a political conservative or anything that can be easily linked to a parliamentary democracy ... a very dangerous man and arguably Australia's worst PM.

hmmm Pig Iron Bob takes that gong for me -

I honestly think Abbott is mentally ill... that onion incident is a clinical psychiatrist PHD waiting to happen

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 3:44pm

smurfburger- bob hawke did the onion thing first, it was a picture in a glossy mag of pollies/celebs and their favourite snacks, he was pictured with a half eaten raw onion and quoted as saying "its tasty and controversial" , i thought abbott was referencing bob when he did the onion thing but noone else made the connection (i am ..ahem ..mature, and remember everything) i suspect abbott needs a psychologist as much as bob (not much…abbott is not as smart or complicated as bob)

i would also add the right wing accepted with good grace that mcmahon was the worst pm for a long period, but the left have trouble accepting gillard/rudd have the mantle for the foreseeable future (no matter how much you try to spin it)

having corrected a few facts i only logged in for a laugh to see how card carrying alp trolls like floyd are responding to the ascension of malcolm, because you are f***** for years now. it is really funny, careful what you wish for..

of course i acknowledge that greater truths and insights are visible to the bunch of clowns spending all day in a shed on yorke peninsula , notebook in hand to remember their many aliases as they attempt to influence the course of history , (on a surf website no less..).. go get em champs!

Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 4:40pm
loungelizard wrote:

smurfburger- bob hawke did the onion thing first, it was a picture in a glossy mag of pollies/celebs and their favourite snacks, he was pictured with a half eaten raw onion and quoted as saying "its tasty and controversial" , i thought abbott was referencing bob when he did the onion thing but noone else made the connection (i am ..ahem ..mature, and remember everything) i suspect abbott needs a psychologist as much as bob (not much…abbott is not as smart or complicated as bob)

i would also add the right wing accepted with good grace that mcmahon was the worst pm for a long period, but the left have trouble accepting gillard/rudd have the mantle for the foreseeable future (no matter how much you try to spin it)

having corrected a few facts i only logged in for a laugh to see how card carrying alp trolls like floyd are responding to the ascension of malcolm, because you are f***** for years now. it is really funny, careful what you wish for..

of course i acknowledge that greater truths and insights are visible to the bunch of clowns spending all day in a shed on yorke peninsula , notebook in hand to remember their many aliases as they attempt to influence the course of history , (on a surf website no less..).. go get em champs!

i assume the fact correction happened in another thread?

and of course the tories will go with mcmahon - their worst PM is still lauded as a hero (Pig Iron Bob) in the same way that Thatcher is still lauded by the right as a policy innovator in ol' blighty

as for Abbott and Rudd - - well that's a coin flip - most likely abbott though as his ideological toxicity was quite breathtaking - i detested Rudd though. I know a number of staffers who worked with him both in Qld bureaucracy and federally. The charlie uniform is very strong in that november tango.

and speaking of lady parts - Gillard had to endure a targeted hate campaign the likes of which no tory will ever experience - from her own party, from the opposition and most importantly from the media - and yes - there was mondo misogyny... no matter how you try to spin it

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 7:11pm

@loungelizard-I'm just glad we've got rid of the worst PM I've ever seen in my lifetime. I'm off to Europe next year and will hopefully be able to tell people I'm Australian without being embarrassed as I'm confident Turnbull can start to fix this country and repair its fractured image.

For the record I only have one profile on Swellnet as there is no shortage of people who share my disgust for Abbott.
And I can live with Labor in opposition for another term if that's the way it goes. I'm not a huge Shorten fan.

After all there hasn't been a one term federal government in Australia since World War 2 and I expect a smart politician like Turnbull to manufacture a win. It was clear to everyone on both sides of politics that Abbott was toast.

And I'm sure as hell not living all day in a shed loungelizard. A beachfront shack is my abode. Where do you live buddy? Some suburban shithole no doubt. Here's what my place looks like dickbrain.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 4:53pm

Mr Lizard, I totally agree with Mr Smurfburger's comments immediately above. Latham, Rudd & Abbott how were they ever preselected for a federal seat let alone become leader of their party and in the case of Rudd and Abbott how did they ever become PM.

From a policy and legislation passed into law point of view Gillard surpasses Rudd and Abbott. Abbott passed less legislation than McMahon. Few PMs have ever had a senate majority, Gillard could work with the cross bench when Abbott couldn't.

Finally, so nice of you to align me with the ALP. Wrong. I wish Malcolm Turnbull well and hope he is the PM the country is screaming out for. If he is truly a "liberal" PM the country will thank him for it ..... but that means he will have to be left of the current ALP.

For the record I vote Greens.

Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 5:11pm

that is an awesome looking spot yorkesurfer... I just moved to the mid coast... one street behind the esplanade - - it may be best thing i ever did -

but back on topic... i'll just have to see how Turnbull goes. I prefer him to Abbott... but that's kinda like saying I prefer gastro to ebola

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 6:06pm

apologies for aligning you with labor floyd, as i said i only rarely read these columns, is it yorkesurfer who is an acknowledged alp member? (not that there is anything wrong with that..) i could match your view with my beach house vista, and the "suburban shithole" is an acre in the eastern suburbs, yes, sorry..court , pool.. i grew up in the western suburbs tho! vote for xenophon and pyne as local member as he is the most influential local pollie now that wong is in opposition
have to say i always thought keatings use of "tory" as a form of insult made him seem more of a forelock tugger than the objects of his usually clever abuse, but good on you for keeping it alive mr smurfburger! having rendered my apology to floyd i will retire and let you talk amongst yourselves….

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 6:37pm

Yep that's right lounglizard. I joined the ALP about 5 years ago after being disgusted by the Murdoch media's constant attacks on the Labor Party and its values.

I figured if corporate giants like Murdoch, Gina, Twiggy Forrest etc. were going to throw their weight behind the Coalition then Labor would need as many grass root members as they can get to try and balance things out and prevent our country turning into some kind of little America.

Glad to hear you've succeeded in life with an acrerage in the leafy eastern suburbs of Adelaide. And a beach house too, gee you are really doing well for yourself!
But I find it strange how your kind like to denigrate average joe's like me for having an opinion and sticking up for our values.

That comment about living in a shed?

So what if some people have to live in sheds to get by? Does that make you feel better about yourself and your success? Seems a little insecure coming from someone in your position? Why are you afraid of a little man expressing an opinion?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 6:49pm

hey YS, as your "shed" is so close to the dunes is it a "snake pits" during the season? Owned a place in a similar location once and there were snakes everywhere. Snakes and and all sorts of sea birds.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 6:55pm

I see a few snakes around floyd. I've never really been too bothered by them as if you know how they behave you can learn to live with them. We are just coming into snake season now but I haven't seen any yet.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 8:21pm

I read most of my news online and Aussie news on news.com.au and ninemsn (Newscorp and Mi9 respectively). I can't remember when I actually read an article painting the coalition in a favourable light on either of them. In particular Malcolm Farr was/is relentless in his click bait articles denigrating Abbott at any opportunity, not that he didn't deserve it, but now he's getting stuck into Turnbull and it's only been two days.

Yorkes, if that's Murdoch getting behind the coalition I'd hate to see what would happen if he really had an axe to grind.

By the way, I think your little plot is awesome. Looks so peaceful.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 9:15pm
yorkessurfer wrote:

@loungelizard-I'm just glad we've got rid of the worst PM I've ever seen in my lifetime. I'm off to Europe next year and will hopefully be able to tell people I'm Australian without being embarrassed as I'm confident Turnbull can start to fix this country and repair its fractured image.

For the record I only have one profile on Swellnet as there is no shortage of people who share my disgust for Abbott.
And I can live with Labor in opposition for another term if that's the way it goes. I'm not a huge Shorten fan.

After all there hasn't been a one term federal government in Australia since World War 2 and I expect a smart politician like Turnbull to manufacture a win. It was clear to everyone on both sides of politics that Abbott was toast.

And I'm sure as hell not living all day in a shed loungelizard. A beachfront shack is my abode. Where do you live buddy? Some suburban shithole no doubt. Here's what my place looks like dickbrain.

Nice work YS;)

Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 11:05pm
loungelizard wrote:

apologies for aligning you with labor floyd, as i said i only rarely read these columns, is it yorkesurfer who is an acknowledged alp member? (not that there is anything wrong with that..) i could match your view with my beach house vista, and the "suburban shithole" is an acre in the eastern suburbs, yes, sorry..court , pool.. i grew up in the western suburbs tho! vote for xenophon and pyne as local member as he is the most influential local pollie now that wong is in opposition
have to say i always thought keatings use of "tory" as a form of insult made him seem more of a forelock tugger than the objects of his usually clever abuse, but good on you for keeping it alive mr smurfburger! having rendered my apology to floyd i will retire and let you talk amongst yourselves….

if the last time you heard the term tory used pejoratively was from the lips of Keating - you might consider expanding your media consumption to include the 21st Century :)

Be warned though - doing so could make you a pariah in your postcode...

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Sunday, 20 Sep 2015 at 5:10pm
floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 20 Sep 2015 at 5:43pm

Thanks for that Flipped, bout sums up the sniggering sewer rat that was Tony Abbott.

It made my afternoon along with news that Andrews, Hockey and Abetz have been given the arse from the ministry. Eric Abetz, now there was a 1890s man if I ever saw one.

Turnbull will be more popular, well who wouldn't be after Abbott, but has he the ticker to return the liberals to a "true liberal party" to quote him.

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Sunday, 20 Sep 2015 at 7:33pm

Ha ha you need a life mate if that made your afternoon....maybe we should call you pink floyd

Johno210's picture
Johno210's picture
Johno210 Sunday, 20 Sep 2015 at 7:34pm

Agree that attached link by Fliplid was gold.
Good riddance to Australia's worst PM....T.Abbott
I see Hockey is about to call an end to his political career, good this will give Turnbull some breathing space. Hopefully Abbott hangs up the boots & announces his retirement sooner rather than latter.
Cheers Johno

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 20 Sep 2015 at 7:36pm
norchock wrote:

Ha ha you need a life mate if that made your afternoon....maybe we should call you pink floyd

hey norchock, that and a heaving overhead surf ....... life is good offline

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Sunday, 20 Sep 2015 at 7:48pm
floyd wrote:
norchock wrote:

hey norchock, that and a heaving overhead surf ....... life is good offline

Yeah whatever pink talk it up heaving ya reckon?yeah as I said

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 30 Sep 2015 at 7:06am

Wake this morning worried what happened to your superannuation account yesterday?

A new assessment of the financial viability of Glencore* world coal mining giant dealing with a 60% fall in the coal price since 2011 and ongoing downturns in China has caused markets here and around the world to go into free fall.

Remember Abbott's defence of coal and the Adani coal mine in Queensland and his attack on those "green terrorists" holding back the economy? It was all bullshit then and still is but what has changed inside the government? Nothing.

Wouldn't make sense for governments to be encouraging renewables in this environment?

* $50 US billion in debt and facing forecasted falls in sales growth over the next 2 years of up to 16%.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 6 Oct 2015 at 1:22pm

For the benefit of those without a subscription to Crikey... and, frankly... you probably should have one if you can afford it. As ever... Bernard Keane is 'on the money':-

A ‘secret’ trade deal and the damage done

If trade ministers have reached a deal on the TPP, it will just be the start of a process by which Australia’s national interests will be further damaged.

There are confusing reports today out of Atlanta, where trade ministers from 12 countries are rushing to finalise an agreement on the Trans-Pacific Partnership ahead of the Canadian election ....

An agreement that leaves intact Australia’s current position on biologic drugs — under which competitors cannot develop similar drugs based on the same clinical data for five years — is said to have been reached, which is likely to infuriate the US pharmaceutical industry and the politicians it funds in Washington: ...

While the government will boast about hanging tough on biologics, they were never the biggest problem in the TPP — although accepting the US position would have led to a dramatic blow-out in the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme...

The real threat from the TPP to Australia was always in broader intellectual property restrictions that the United States wanted to impose, of which biologics were just one example; the Productivity Commission has identified intellectual property — particularly in the Australia-US Free Trade Agreement — as an area where Australia’s national interest has been harmed by so-called “free trade agreements” (more accurately, preferred trade agreements, as the PC calls them, or “managed trade” agreements, as some economists suggest). The other threat, of course, is the investor-state dispute settlement mechanism, whereby companies will be able to sue governments, using hand-picked pro-business arbitration panels, for any public policy changes that cost them money, meaning multinational tax laws, climate action policies and attempts to protect public health can become the basis for billions in compensation payments.

There’s one positive to any conclusion to the TPP, however: citizens of the 12 countries will finally be allowed to see the treaty. In Australia, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has negotiated the entire agreement in secret; the only way Australians have been allowed to see what their own and other governments were proposing was via draft chapters published by Wikileaks. “Negotiated in secret”, however, is a little inaccurate, because while voters have not been allowed to see the treaty, major corporations and peak US industry bodies have not merely been allowed to see the text, they have, in fact, dictated it to the US government. Emails of the US Trade Representative (USTR) obtained under freedom of information laws show industry groups celebrating the inclusion of text they have drafted in the US’ proposed TPP draft...

While big American companies have been allowed to draft the text, the Productivity Commission here has repeatedly complained about the poor quality of “free trade agreements” and the overhyping of their benefits... In July, commission chairman Peter Harris outlined a detailed process whereby the PC could independently assess complex agreements like the TPP. “We think this type of post-negotiation assessment offers a pragmatic, workable approach, and — provided the pre-negotiation analysis is comprehensive and rigorous — could be completed in around four months,” Harris said. “I understand the TPP will have around four months in front of the US Congress, so this would appear reasonable based on other countries’ practices.”

So far, the government... have shown no interest in allowing the PC to vet their often wildly over-the-top claims about the benefits of any trade agreements. DFAT — which has minimal economic expertise — has in the past expressed angry resentment that the PC has assessed bilateral trade deals and found them of minimal benefit. If a deal has been concluded, there will no longer be any excuse for Robb to withhold the deal from PC scrutiny — except if it’s a bad deal, the harmful parts of which he wants to keep hidden.

And bear this in mind about the TPP and all other trade agreements involving the United States: even after other countries have signed up, the US arrogates to itself the right to not sign up itself until it has vetted each countries’ implementation of the treaty, and, if necessary, direct countries it believes have not implemented a treaty in accordance with the interests of US firms. This process, known as “certification”, means that no matter how much or how little Australia caves in on crucial issues, the US will attempt to use its own interpretation of the treaty to direct Australia on how to legislate its implementation.

If there’s a deal today, the TPP isn’t over by a long way. And for Australia’s national interest, it will only get worse from here.

nochaser's picture
nochaser's picture
nochaser Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 8:34am

More on the TPP - 20 Chapters long the public has no idea what's included.

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2015/10/tpp-ecstasy-grips-nation-shame-n...

nochaser's picture
nochaser's picture
nochaser Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 2:31pm

Another one bites the dust...Liberal Party federal director Brian Loughnane, married to Tony Abbott’s chief of staff Peta Cradling gone after 12 years in the job on Thursday.

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 28 Oct 2015 at 12:38pm

With Tones being such a BA Santamaria fan-boy, here's a thought...maybe he can split the Libs like his mentor Bob did with Labor back in the day? The ultra-conservatives vs the liberals...Tones vs Mal...the new unflushable turd vs the glitterman (glitter on the same old LNP policy turds)...

Either way, such a split back then kept the Libs in power for nigh on 20 years...and Australia in a fog and playing catch-up ever since.

Funny, back then it was communists that were the bogey-men...christians versus the godless reds. Now it's the christians versus the muslim hordes (with some hippy-climate-change-probably-communist-anyway shit chucked in).

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

GO TONES GO, YOU BEAUTIFUL USELESS IDIOT YOU

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 28 Oct 2015 at 1:17pm

Been thinking about this and I reckon the Libs will be sandbagging themselves from any potential wedge politics. Labor knows how effective it is, they were on the receiving end of Howard dividing the traditional working class and the progressive left constituencies over immigration way back in 2001. Clearly Mal and Tones have different agendas, as do their followers, but Mal is toeing the line to avoid being divided and conquered.

If anyone other than Shorten was in opposition I think they'd be finding their reach and jabbing away, trying to expose Turnbull's core beliefs and showing how they differ from Tones.

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 7:14pm

Anyone see Leigh Sales' first post-assassination (I believe that's the preferred term as used by corporate/mainstream media...well, certainly in regards to Labor) interview with Glitterman?

I thought she was gonna go all Tom-Jones-throw-the-knickers style LITERALLY (probably wouldn't have been able to peel them off!)

And that was the ABC!?

Apart from the usual suspect, right wing-nuts (their pain and confusion has been delicious), the Turnbull media love-in has been overwhelming. Thus the polls.

Shorten has recent party history, and now smear, all over him.

Tones may have once said to the independent Windsor that he'd sell his arse to be PM.

Malcolm has sold both his arsehole and soul to the diametrically opposed nuts in his own party to get there.

Remember that when climate-change policy is mentioned especially. Who's Mal gonna be lying to? Depending what comes out of his mouth, it's either gonna be us or his colleagues or both (at the same time??).

AND TONES WAS THE LIAR KING?

Hmmm, why does my fevered mind drift to this soundtrack?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss...
Same as the old boss

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 28 Oct 2015 at 4:59pm

Since Turnbull took over as PM, it's just been a case of "same shit different shovel". It's just amazing the swinging voters are looking at the shining new blade in their hands rather than focussing on the steaming piles of turd that are the Liberal Party's policies. Keep shovelling idiots.

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 28 Oct 2015 at 7:37pm

This article ring any bells (alarm or otherwise)? Not our Malcolm, surely?

http://theaimn.com/cheap-labour-conservatives/

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 4 Nov 2015 at 11:47am

"When the IPA came up with their list of 75 plus 25 policies “that would make Australia richer and more free” they described it as “a deliberately radical list”.

“There’s no way Tony Abbott could implement all of them, or even a majority. But he doesn’t have to implement them all to dramatically change Australia. If he was able to implement just a handful of these recommendations, Abbott would be a transformative figure in Australian political history. He would do more to shift the political spectrum than any prime minister since Whitlam.”

So how is the Coalition government going in fulfilling their wishes?"

AND IS THE MERCHANT BANKER ( rhyming slang optional) AND FREE MARKETEER PAR EXCELLENCE, MALCOLM TURDSTILL, GONNA VEER FROM THIS COURSE AT ALL??

http://theaimn.com/when-you-wish-upon-a-star/

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 25 Dec 2015 at 11:52am

In a moment of insightfulness I wondered whether Abbott actually logged on to SW to checkout the surf forecast given he has been seen to regularly fall off a mal around Sydney .... and that got me thinking he may have even read this forum dedicated to how completely and utterly fucking stupid he was a Prime Minister .... and that got me thinking perhaps I could send him a personal message, you know one from the heart ....... and that got me thinking what would I say that hasn't already been said here 100's of times by many many people .... and that got me thinking I should just wish Australia merry christmas, its a far safer place now that Captain Idiot isn't at the helm.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Friday, 25 Dec 2015 at 11:59am
floyd wrote:

.... and that got me thinking I should just wish Australia merry christmas, its a far safer place now that Captain Idiot isn't at the helm.

hear hear....and merry xmas.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 25 Dec 2015 at 12:43pm

Obsession : An idea or thought that continuously preoccupies or intrudes on a persons mind.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 6:00pm

And this mob go on about "keeping Australia safe"...... What a joke.... What an insult.....

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/fake-rolexes--s...

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 6:06pm

there you go sheepster thought I'd update the title for you, given you are such a gentleman .... as they say you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 6:22pm

Yep..... But Blurb shunter is still leading Labor..... Whilst he's there, the Libs are a shoe in.... You do realize that most voters are nimrods, right? And no, I don't mean the hunting version of nimrod lol

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 7:59pm

hey sheepy, yeah agreed Bilbo needs to go but what on earth are the Libs doing ?

Turnbull and Morrison have been cock-teasing the electorate for 5 months now on what they are going to do on tax reform, Abbott was rolled coz he wasn't up to it but it seems the Libs are sooooooo desperate to win the next election the current mob don't have the ticker to do anything meaningful ....... Faaaaark, some-one has to convince Keating to make a come back.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 8:35pm
floyd wrote:

hey sheepy, yeah agreed Bilbo needs to go but what on earth are the Libs doing ?

Turnbull and Morrison have been cock-teasing the electorate for 5 months now on what they are going to do on tax reform, Abbott was rolled coz he wasn't up to it but it seems the Libs are sooooooo desperate to win the next election the current mob don't have the ticker to do anything meaningful ....... Faaaaark, some-one has to convince Keating to make a come back.

Funny you should say that.... I was speaking to Paul Keatings secretary about 6 months ago.... I phone his office.... I said exactly what you just said.... "Please tell paul to come back", I begged.... She laughed and said "you would not believe how many calls letters and emails I get asking the same thing"... I don't think he wants to, Floyd...

But I've said it countless times.... Dreyfus...... He'd give Mal a run.....

But what about those fake rolex's aye??? Fuck me..... Bugged for sure..

Did you see the "econobabble" article the other day? A really good read.... Here it is if you missed it..

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/econobabble-equals-obfuscation-plain-en...

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 9:46pm

Great read Sheepster, like that Richard Denniss, heard him speak (plainly) many times on what is needed.

Only trouble with Richard is he is employed by a lobby group that seems not to have the ear of our pollies and herein is the problem ...... as soon as any politician sticks his head up with an idea it (the head and idea) are knocked off by lobbyists camped outside ministers' offices 24/7.

Interesting hearing Charlie Pickering last night on political donations in Australia, I think he said $137 million last year of which 40% is from unknown sources, as allowed under current legislation. Pickering went to explain how our laws on such matters are among the weakest in the world .... worth a look on iview.

Gold on your Keating story ....

ps over to you Tones Barbie to defend lobbyists, again .....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 24 Feb 2016 at 12:56pm

Floyd - Aboriginals called "Noble Savages" by Lib mp

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-24/dennis-jensen-says-noble-savages-d...

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 24 Feb 2016 at 4:10pm

Hey Sheepy,

Yep, that's the way it goes with some members of the Liberal party. Its disgusting in this day and age that elected officials would find it acceptable to use language more in tune with the 18th century and I personally do not think its an accident, it deliberate alright aimed at certain elements in the electorate.

Same with Bernardi and Abetz, if there is electoral reform needed in the senate it should ensure complete and utter f***wits like those imbeciles are booted out of office. Abetz was on TV last night claiming he has had thousands of parents contact him concerned some gay high school student might use the boys toilets as a means of attacking the Commonwealth LGBTI Safe Schools program.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/safe-schools-program-why-zealots-are-tr...

It beggars belief sheepy, all this and what is happening to the refugees, right now I wish I was a Kiwi.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 2 Mar 2016 at 10:02pm

hey sheepy, what do you reckon? Tones up to no good and reloading his leadership aspirations

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 12:12pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

With Tones being such a BA Santamaria fan-boy, here's a thought...maybe he can split the Libs like his mentor Bob did with Labor back in the day? The ultra-conservatives vs the liberals...Tones vs Mal...the new unflushable turd vs the glitterman (glitter on the same old LNP policy turds)...

Either way, such a split back then kept the Libs in power for nigh on 20 years...and Australia in a fog and playing catch-up ever since.

Funny, back then it was communists that were the bogey-men...christians versus the godless reds. Now it's the christians versus the muslim hordes (with some hippy-climate-change-probably-communist-anyway shit chucked in).

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

GO TONES GO, YOU BEAUTIFUL USELESS IDIOT YOU

Turdstill! Now I get it!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 12:33pm
floyd wrote:

hey sheepy, what do you reckon? Tones up to no good and reloading his leadership aspirations

Blabbott is just doing what he always does, mate... He wrecks things... My hope is that those extreme nutters in the lower house get decimated in the election. There would be no better message to the religious neo right than a bloodbath.. Andrews, GONE.. Christensen GONE, Jensen GONE, Abbott turfed from his electorate GONE, Nikolic GONE.... One can dream , right? Lol

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 4 Mar 2016 at 2:45pm
Sheepdog wrote:
floyd wrote:

Blabbott is just doing what he always does, mate... He wrecks things... My hope is that those extreme nutters in the lower house get decimated in the election. There would be no better message to the religious neo right than a bloodbath.. Andrews, GONE.. Christensen GONE, Jensen GONE, Abbott turfed from his electorate GONE, Nikolic GONE.... One can dream , right? Lol

Works for me