Next Federal Election

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno started the topic in Monday, 22 Jan 2024 at 2:15pm

Might as well put this up in the politics subforum, to spare the front page. It's 18 months away or so, but here we go.

This is how Dutton wins:

https://www.afr.com/politics/enter-the-liberal-party-working-class-heroe...

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 22 Jan 2024 at 5:04pm

Even though I didn’t vote Labor I was hoping Albo would be someone fresh seeing as he got in anyway…still waitin….still broke Albo.
Well the man who owns 5 eastern suburbs houses after only working in a bank for one year as his only job outside of Labor , has done alright for himself.
The problem is he doesn’t seem to think even though he came from housing commission security , other Australians have to fight 600,000 migrants a year for a roof over their heads and that was “after “ there was already a problem with supply.
And what’s his plan to build a few million new homes?…nup ain’t got one…let em fight it out.
Now it’s the digital id , a new globalisation monster being built in the evil WEF Davos laboratory and being pushed by Labor once again.
So who really is running our show and will spud turn things around if he got in.
Cant be any worse and certainly can’t be worse than what the US is going through with dumb and dumber running for most powerful dementia patient red button holding person in the world.
I do like David littleproud from the nationals but the nuke energy waffle is a step backward when every home can actually run by itself without any grid connection using pure burning lpg and soon renewable bio lpg as well as solar connected to a more basic and traditional battery bank …(think mobile homes systems ) so why bother with nuclear. Nothing to sell us then I suppose.
So who is going to build all the houses on zillions of empty Aussie acres and who is going to re power all the millions of petrol cars to lpg and bio lpg for some clean air and who is going to plant the millions of trees required to neutralise climate change which is the so simple solution to carbon capture and fresh air.
Albo???? Dutto???…anyway while they are all stuffing around, why don’t you the reader of this waffle plant some trees…maybe a hundred or so…if your on petrol convert your car to gas…$1.10 a litre and gets the same mileage now as petrol with the new systems…no pollution and the slowpokes in govt haven’t yet realised that bio gas is a thing and is a clean burning renewable propane being produced commercially as we speak….but hey let’s get a Chinese shitbox electric pig and plug it into the grid for an hour so we can drive hardly anywhere.
WHO shall rescue us australians…..the gay greens who plant NO trees will be busy fighting throat cancer now….then there’s Pauline I suppose …..lots of fire but not much happening…..hard to get a good team these days…..and there’s. “he don’t move he don’t flinch clive he don’t move an inch” ….seems like we are in trouble…
again……back to the garden ….think deep …vote wisely if you can find someone.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 23 Jan 2024 at 5:03pm

In all honesty at this stage i have more interest in the USA elections in 9+ months.

I guess the thread can be both, both are federal elections :P

Big news yesterday Des santis dropped out and is supporting Trump.

As much as i love De santis i think that's a smart move, he read the room right it was not going to happen for him this time, so its much better to support Trump on this one and not burn bridges with the crazy Trump supporter's or even Trump.

He can run again in the future and is only young(45), if he does he will have a much better chance if he has the support of the whole MAGA crowd especially if Trump endorsees him.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 23 Jan 2024 at 5:20pm

Well these two were quick, the twins of dullard.
@Optimist "Well the man who owns 5 eastern suburbs houses after only working in a bank for one year as his only job outside of Labor , has done alright for himself."
Er, no. It's 3 actually. Kirribilli and the Lodge belong to the Australian taxpayer.
"Prime Minister Anthony Albanese owns three properties; one residential in Canberra, another residential in Marrickville and an investment in Dulwich Hill."
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/article/politicians-and-their-prope...
Never let the facts get in the way of another of your incoherent rants @Opti.
Speaking of incoherent ranting, exhibit B above, Dumb Ron from Florida's biggest SN booster @Indo.
If the Syphilitic Mussolini gets the keys again, there won't be another US election by the looks, haven't you been listening to him?
Your boy Ron is just auditioning for a job as Assistant Sec. of the Diaper Dept./Urinalysis Division. Gotta carry around a big plastic spoon with him, a white one to match his white gumboots.
Sheesh.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 24 Jan 2024 at 7:11am

You’re quite right, didn’t realise he sold 2. But now he gets two free taxpayer funded houses and claims travel allowance of $74000/ year to travel to Canberra what do you know …he lives in Canberra. I’m quite sure he’s not the only one doing it.
He also doesn’t have to claim the income from the houses just list as investments.
I think we should boost politicians pay by a lot and take all the free credit cards and fuel/ travel / accom allowances off them so they can relate to the rest of us in daily expenditure….you can’t relate to normal folk when you live in a padded bubble.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 24 Jan 2024 at 12:38pm

^^^ “ you can’t relate to normal folk when you live in a padded bubble.”

Hahahaha ;)
- this is farkn fool’s gold alright

…ummm …paging the baby jesus imaginary hotline
- and express service sci fi wormhole to planet heaven ;);)

And yet flopti can relate to ‘normal folk’
…hahaha …bubble awaaaaay

https://m.

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Wednesday, 24 Jan 2024 at 2:42pm
Optimist wrote:

You’re quite right, didn’t realise he sold 2. But now he gets two free taxpayer funded houses and claims travel allowance of $74000/ year to travel to Canberra what do you know …he lives in Canberra. I’m quite sure he’s not the only one doing it.
He also doesn’t have to claim the income from the houses just list as investments.
I think we should boost politicians pay by a lot and take all the free credit cards and fuel/ travel / accom allowances off them so they can relate to the rest of us in daily expenditure….you can’t relate to normal folk when you live in a padded bubble.

Turnbull, while in Canberra, stayed in a townhouse owned by his wife, while claiming all relevant allowances. She probably had it NG’d as well.

Sussan Ley is best know for numerous inane comments and using taxpayer funded transport to inspect potential investment properties.

Barnaby Joyce wrote off a brand new Landcruiser, some years ago, when he drove it into a flooded creek.

Don’t restrict your abuse of allowances to Albo.

Then of course there is Angus “Cayman Islands” Taylor. Made some mates a huge amount of money selling water rights to Barnaby.

We could go on but I’m busy.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 24 Jan 2024 at 7:36pm

Speaking of elections.
Big one just up north about to go down.

&pp=ygUdbWljaGFlbCB3ZXN0IG1lZGlhIEluZG9uZXNpYSA%3D

chin's picture
chin's picture
chin Wednesday, 24 Jan 2024 at 10:21pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

As much as i love De santis

If you have ABC iview, watch an episode of foreign correspondent called Florida the war on woke.
Tell me you still love him after that.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 24 Jan 2024 at 10:33pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

^^^ “ you can’t relate to normal folk when you live in a padded bubble.”

Hahahaha ;)
- this is farkn fool’s gold alright

…ummm …paging the baby jesus imaginary hotline
- and express service sci fi wormhole to planet heaven ;);)

And yet flopti can relate to ‘normal folk’
…hahaha …bubble awaaaaay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m3mUUupDtVA

Epic song. Epic album Jelly.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 9:57am

Agreed salty dog, that’s why I wrote “ I’m sure he’s not the only one doing it”.
I believe more pay and no perks is a solution to our frustration with the lot of them.
Unless your buying cars , paying for fuel out of your pocket or renting a room or buying a flight or paying tax and getting super like everyone else pollies can’t relate to the rest of us….whipping out the public paid plastic cards is wrong and disconnects them from reality.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 10:17am

“ Unless your buying cars , paying for fuel out of your pocket or renting a room or buying a flight or paying tax and getting super like everyone else pollies can’t relate to the rest of us…. whipping out the public paid plastic cards is wrong and disconnects them from reality. “

Farkn hell ;);)
- u cannot talk anything in regard to any connection to reality haha

Flopti :

“ “There are actually 3 heavens in translation, the sky above is the first, space is the second and planet Heaven the third. ( paul talked about the third heaven) You get to planet heaven after your spirit leaves your body. When you die your spirit descends into the heart of the earth and waits. Then if approved by God you are lifted up and go through the tunnel which is probably like a wormhole in Sci Fi. If unapproved you will wait for judgement but there is no time there so you wouldn't know if you've been there a year or a hundred years. At the end of the tunnel you will be greeted by The Christ Himself in His glorified form and put on planet Heaven, a very beautiful and physical place and in your brand new physical body. Earth will also be renewed after the great tribulation so for a time there will still be two seperate habitations and eventually just one.
It is comforting to know that on my death, my heavenly father will still look after me and guide my spirit or "actual person" through the maze of death and to the renewed and promised life.
Also, If anyone is interested in the time of the end and the mark of the beast etc. I think I can answer that for you, as I have a theory which has been playing out exactly correct over the last few years.”

^^^ u can run but u can’t hide you lying hypocrite fool ;)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 10:24am

Ummm… did someone say paying tax ;);)
& “…not the only one doing it”

Talk about a disconnect from reality. That’s u flopti ;)

- hahahaha

&pp=ygUTVGF4IGV4ZW1wdCByZWxpZ2lvbg%3D%3D

…get the fuck outta here haha

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:01pm

zomg what have I started? I thought the pol threads didn't go on the front page. Apologies in advance to Stu, Craig, Ben & team :0

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:04pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

zomg what have I started? I thought the pol threads didn't go on the front page. Apologies in advance to Stu, Craig, Ben & team :0

Are you looking forward to the US elections ? I can only imagine what’s coming up for SN admin.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:26pm

Praise the Lord- for all them there riches>>>https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-25/crypto-pastor-scams-followers-rem...

Optimist wrote:

Agreed salty dog, that’s why I wrote “ I’m sure he’s not the only one doing it”.
I believe more pay and no perks is a solution to our frustration with the lot of them.
Unless your buying cars , paying for fuel out of your pocket or renting a room or buying a flight or paying tax and getting super like everyone else pollies can’t relate to the rest of us….whipping out the public paid plastic cards is wrong and disconnects them from reality.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:31pm
Supafreak wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

Are you looking forward to the US elections ? I can only imagine what’s coming up for SN admin.

As per comment in Gaza thread, not going to pay attention to that one: reckon I know how it will play out. Life will be more simple that way.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:41pm

… aah the simple life ;)
- just add in apocalyptic visions, deliver messages of tribulation and then harness the beauty of retribution… simple haha

…even easier to just have a personal hotline to baby jesus or the big lawd in ya peanut head, they’ll apparently tell us what do do (great lil piece u posted above suchas) and then not pay tax and try point out the perceived corruption and supposed ills of others ;)

Boom

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:48pm
chin wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

If you have ABC iview, watch an episode of foreign correspondent called Florida the war on woke.

Watched it still love him.

Young, smart, military background (so understands those issues better), well educated but has real life experience, family man with strong family values and doesn't hurt that he is good looking, like Trump strongly anti woke but without all the Trump craziness, you have to remember shit around these issue's is way worse in USA than here, but we are still seeing it here, especially in universities and education and just a whole culture of division, the whole divisive identity politics bullshit, most people are good people and treat others fairly but they also dont want to be scape goats for others or be forced to take on others beliefs or takes on reality.

I didnt get into the whole anti Covid thing, but i think we can all agree with hindsight the approach taken in most place's was a big overreaction especially in Victoria, De santis took on a more measured approach.

BTW. also remember all these issues/stances they focus on is really just one part of him and his policies, but yeah they make good sensationalised stories., and the people interviewed, its just their opinions.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:54pm
andy-mac wrote:

Speaking of elections.
Big one just up north about to go down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V_9-zWDihTg&pp=ygUdbWljaGFlbCB3ZXN0IG1lZGl...

Not going to watch this as cant stand Michael west or whatever his name is, but my wife postal voted the other day, and she had no idea who to vote for.

I was like what do you mean, your dad is involved in PDI and your obviously not going to vote for a pro muslim party (she is Catholic)

But OMFG Indonesian politics is weird i havent been following it or diving into it, but i cant believe Jokowi's son is teaming up with Prabowo..

Weird world, and even the other candidate Anies or whatever his name is has links to Jokowi, working for him long ago.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 12:55pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Might as well put this up in the politics subforum, to spare the front page. It's 18 months away or so, but here we go.

This is how Dutton wins:

The "GOVERNMENT" for want of a better word is practising their chook raffles, they think if they can do one of them right, they might be a chance of coming 2nd in the next election.

It was good for Australia to have this bunch of ideological dimwits,just to show how poor they are at running an economy.

The sooner the election comes the better,People want better than this mob of parasites.

chin's picture
chin's picture
chin Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 1:12pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
chin wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Young, smart, military background (so understands those issues better), well educated but has real life experience, family man with strong family values and doesn't hurt that he is good looking, like Trump strongly anti woke but without all the Trump craziness, you have to remember shit around these issue's is way worse in USA than here, but we are still seeing it here, especially in universities and education and just a whole culture of division, the whole divisive identity politics bullshit, most people are good people and treat others fairly but they also dont want to be scape goats for others or be forced to take on others beliefs or takes on reality.

I didnt get into the whole anti Covid thing, but i think we can all agree with hindsight the approach taken in most place's was a big overreaction especially in Victoria, De santis took on a more measured approach.

BTW. also remember all these issues/stances they focus on is really just one part of him and his policies, but yeah they make good sensationalised stories., and the people interviewed, its just their opinions.

So it doesn’t bother you that his anti woke platform is based on firing up ordinary people with claims that public schools are forcing woke ideals down their kids throats? When in fact there is no woke agenda in the curriculums of schools. Keep telling the same lie over and over and it becomes a fact. He’s a fraud. Trump tactics 101.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 1:48pm

“ … whole culture of division, the whole divisive identity politics bullshit, most people are good people and treat others fairly but they also dont want to be scape goats for others or be forced to take on others beliefs or takes on reality.”.

Couldn’t agree more with this so why do FRWNJs persist with it? Well, quite simply they have nothing else apart from whipping up fear and hatred amongst the perennially angry about some imaginary threat to the status quo. Now that is FRWNJ politics 101 and infowomble gobbles up like there is no tomorrow!

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 3:06pm
GuySmiley wrote:

“ … whole culture of division, the whole divisive identity politics bullshit, most people are good people and treat others fairly but they also dont want to be scape goats for others or be forced to take on others beliefs or takes on reality.”.

Couldn’t agree more with this so why do FRWNJs persist with it? Well, quite simply they have nothing else apart from whipping up fear and hatred amongst the perennially angry about some imaginary threat to the status quo. Now that is FRWNJ politics 101 and infowomble gobbles up like there is no tomorrow!

Yep to all that.
The culture wars are all they got, including this guy, sporting his new look after resurfacing today...
https://twitter.com/SChundercock/status/1750362805252047225

Ronni Salt was on to it, from last year...
https://twitter.com/SChundercock/status/1750365501476462922

Also, in rebuttal to the nutter,
" At least 1 in 246 residents have died from the coronavirus, a total of 87,141 deaths."
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/florida-covid-cases.html
Updated to 93,000+ two days ago
https://health.wusf.usf.edu/health-news-florida/2024-01-23/more-than-93-...

https://twitter.com/SChundercock/status/1750369304162468288

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 3:21pm
GuySmiley wrote:

As far as the "Right is concerned, the original enemy, Communists, died out years ago as a threat, so they then targeted the environmentalists. Given the rise of environmentalism a new enemy was needed and we now have the "Woke".

I would add the "New Right" globally, over the last 15 years or so, have been hell bent on opposing anything proposed by anyone they perceive as being even remotely associated with the "Left", while simultaneously standing for absolutely nothing. Dutton and his lot are continuing this trend.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 3:35pm
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 4:15pm
A Salty Dog wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

As far as the "Right is concerned, the original enemy, Communists, died out years ago as a threat, so they then targeted the environmentalists. Given the rise of environmentalism a new enemy was needed and we now have the "Woke".

I would add the "New Right" globally, over the last 15 years or so, have been hell bent on opposing anything proposed by anyone they perceive as being even remotely associated with the "Left", while simultaneously standing for absolutely nothing. Dutton and his lot are continuing this trend.

Exactly salty - reactionary politics, not centre right not right wing politics but far right wing nut job politics

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 5:56pm
chin wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
chin wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

So it doesn’t bother you that his anti woke platform is based on firing up ordinary people with claims that public schools are forcing woke ideals down their kids throats? When in fact there is no woke agenda in the curriculums of schools. Keep telling the same lie over and over and it becomes a fact. He’s a fraud. Trump tactics 101.

Actually you have it the wrong way around, its ordinary people that have the concerns be it in regard to issues in schools, universities or just general society and then politicians like Ron just listen to those concern's, but again this aspect is obviously only one side of him, im sure people would vote for him for all kinds of reasons in the same way people voted for Trump for all kinds of reasons.

BTW, on the whole RWNJ thing from other comments really thats bullshit just look at those that are high profile that have been very vocal pushing back on these types of issues, probably the two most famous are J. K. Rowlings and Elon Musk, a feminist and the guy who made EV's kinda cool.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 6:36pm

Gobbling never tasted so good for infowomble

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/9Mb90E-jxPY

chin's picture
chin's picture
chin Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 8:33pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
chin wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
chin wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Actually you have it the wrong way around, its ordinary people that have the concerns be it in regard to issues in schools, universities or just general society and then politicians like Ron just listen to those concern's, but again this aspect is obviously only one side of him, im sure people would vote for him for all kinds of reasons in the same way people voted for Trump for all kinds of reasons.

BTW, on the whole RWNJ thing from other comments really thats bullshit just look at those that are high profile that have been very vocal pushing back on these types of issues, probably the two most famous are J. K. Rowlings and Elon Musk, a feminist and the guy who made EV's kinda cool.

You didn’t watch it did you Indo? The reporter established that Florida’s education system does not have any woke agenda whatsoever. Making DeSantis’ claims to the contrary a bunch of lies.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 9:51pm

Um dude that's just the reporter's opinion, its not the opinion of many others, the people in Florida voted for De Santis if they dont support his views and policies and dont think he is doing a good job they will vote him out.

It's that simple, i just wish we had a De Santis here to vote for, instead of the pathetic lot we have in either party.

BTW. His policy covers all kinds of areas and is also just as much a protective measure, it's also not just about set curriculum, but also about preventing teachers bringing their own social politics into the class room and indoctrinating kids.

Any how end of the day, it's either an issue and the policy helps prevent it from happening, or it's not an issue as you claim and the policy isn't doing anything, so there is no loss.

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 9:52pm

Indo if politics was "that simple", the world would be a very different place. You know this.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 10:16pm

Politics is that simple, what makes it complicated is not everybody thinks or feels the same, so there will always be some that are happy and some that aren't, and generally speaking the ones that aren't happy often the minority make the most noise, but noise is irrelevant, it's votes that matter in a democracy.

chin's picture
chin's picture
chin Thursday, 25 Jan 2024 at 10:45pm

“Um dude that's just the reporter's opinion”
No, the reporter interviewed multiple employees, teachers, principals and administrators throughout Florida’s education system. She didn’t offer an opinion at all.
She covered both sides of the situation, using traditional unbiased journalism. It was left to the viewer to form an “opinion”
Short story is, there is no woke agenda in Florida’s education system. Ron DeSantis has got most of the state angry and supporting him based on something that doesn’t exist.

arcadia's picture
arcadia's picture
arcadia Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 12:43am

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 9:11am
chin wrote:

“Um dude that's just the reporter's opinion”
No, the reporter interviewed multiple employees, teachers, principals and administrators throughout Florida’s education system. She didn’t offer an opinion at all.
She covered both sides of the situation, using traditional unbiased journalism. It was left to the viewer to form an “opinion”
Short story is, there is no woke agenda in Florida’s education system. Ron DeSantis has got most of the state angry and supporting him based on something that doesn’t exist.

Gee's what a surprise those being accused and responsible are saying there is no issue and nothing to see, thats never happened in the history of the world ever.

And you can bet that there is teachers and others with very different views.

And all the parents around the world that have similar concerns with teachers, schools, the education system are also just making shit up. (it's an issue all around the world, so no surprise as issue in Florida)

End of the day, there was either no issue, and teachers are not affected and can go on teaching as they did, or there was an issue and concerned parents are now happy the issues are fixed.

But again its just one aspect of De Santis and his polices, and all kind of irrelevant anyway we don't live in Florida and he isnt even in the running for being president anymore.

And you can not like him, and i can, which BTW doesn't mean i agree with everything he says or all his policies for instance my views on gun control or abortion are more in line with a Democrat viewpoint, but i do agree with most of his policies and i really wish we had a leader like him in Australia with his qualities.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 9:13am
quadzilla wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

This is how Dutton wins:

The "GOVERNMENT" for want of a better word is practising their chook raffles, they think if they can do one of them right, they might be a chance of coming 2nd in the next election.

It was good for Australia to have this bunch of ideological dimwits,just to show how poor they are at running an economy.

The sooner the election comes the better,People want better than this mob of parasites.

I agree but it's really not realistic to think we will see a change of government, there hasn't been a one term government since 1929 and Dutton isn't very popular even with LNP voters.

LNP definitely have a lot to work with though the voice debacle, cost of living and especially the ridiculous claim by Labor energy bills would be $275 cheaper, and now tax cut back flip, among other things.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 9:38am

Who would like to see spud as pm of Australia ? Anyone care to put their hand up ?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 9:54am
Supafreak wrote:

Who would like to see spud as pm of Australia ? Anyone care to put their hand up ?

I'm still waiting for names for NACC to be released.
If body is legit it will have some key members of LNP previous administration being named.
Dutton no doubt re au pairs is just a taste.
Not betting on it but can live with hope.
Angus and his Cayman islands stash, Ley, well haha, what a clown. Joyce... Geez rich pool of talent there.

Could not see Dutton becoming PM, but with MSM being media arm of LNP and the general insight of some Australian voters as demonstrated in these forums, ya never know.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 10:00am

Remember Australia voted for this corrupt happy clapping lying goose...

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 1:16pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
quadzilla wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

This is how Dutton wins:

I agree but it's really not realistic to think we will see a change of government, there hasn't been a one term government since 1929 and Dutton isn't very popular even with LNP voters.

LNP definitely have a lot to work with though the voice debacle, cost of living and especially the ridiculous claim by Labor energy bills would be $275 cheaper, and now tax cut back flip, among other things.

Ok.

The “Voice Debacle” as you refer to it.

The “Voice” proposal was produced under a LNP Government by a LP Senator who just happened to be indigenous. He consulted FNP groups all across the country and basically presented what they had asked for, Constitutional recognition etc etc. This was supported by the ALP and formed part of their policy going into the 2022 election, together with an undertaking to take it to a referendum.

Unsurprisingly, seeing another opportunity to disrupt, Dutton and Co, on the urging of Advance, labelled it “Labor’s Racist Voice”. Wyatt, McMahon and Gee resigned (at least they have principles) over the LNP’s abandonment of the policy, and Bridget Archer expressed her disapproval. Dutton threatened to expel her from the party, which makes a mockery of the Broad-Church concept.

The ALP kept its promise to take the Voice to a referendum and was then criticized for wasting $450 million the LNP didn’t want. Of course, the LNP suffered amnesia again, as who can forget Howard calling an early election to cash in on favorable sentiment. Then last year we had Tudge who decided to take his bat and ball and go home, requiring a by election and now Morrisson has decided to quit early. Both by elections would cost in the order of $3 million but no complaints from the LNP.

Much of the “Cost of Living Crisis” was a result of Covid policies. Cessation of immigration and travel meant that our pool of cheap and expendable labour disappeared and prices increased as a result.
Throwing money at people during Covid to do nothing was inflationary and the resultant increases in interest rates only made things worse. The resumption of immigration post Covid then started a housing crisis which in fact had been brewing for 20 years but it was all the ALP’s fault, according to Dutton.

The $275 electricity bill reduction has been again misrepresented by Dutton and Co. The ALP undertook to reduce the wholesale price of electricity by 18% to $50mwh by 2025 which would provide an average saving of $275 per household. They have no control however over the retail price. Read all about the plan here: refer to the download from Reputex for the detail.
https://www.reputex.com/research-insights/report-the-economic-impact-of-...

The changes to the tax rates provide increased benefits and cost of living relief to far more people than the LNP’s version. As circumstances change you should change policy to suit: in no way is that a back flip.

As for back flips, selective amnesia has again struck Dutton and Co. Who can forget Howards “Core and Non-Core Promises”, not to mention the “Never Ever GST”. And of course, the LNP’s abandonment of “The Voice”.

If you are going to criticize policies you really should go and review the source documents rather than rely on Sky News and other compliant media for your information.

The ALP are far from perfect and have made their fair share of mistakes, but they are prepared to initiate change and have a go at improving everything we have here.

The LNP on the other hand have morphed into a disruptive group, taking every opportunity to divide the population with lies and deception, all while having no coherent plan for anything.

Sorry for the length!!!!!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 1:37pm
A Salty Dog wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
quadzilla wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

This is how Dutton wins:

Ok.

The “Voice” proposal was produced under a LNP Government by a LP Senator who just happened to be indigenous. He consulted FNP groups all across the country and basically presented what they had asked for, Constitutional recognition etc etc. This was supported by the ALP and formed part of their policy going into the 2022 election, together with an undertaking to take it to a referendum.

Unsurprisingly, seeing another opportunity to disrupt, Dutton and Co, on the urging of Advance, labelled it “Labor’s Racist Voice”. Wyatt, McMahon and Gee resigned (at least they have principles) over the LNP’s abandonment of the policy, and Bridget Archer expressed her disapproval. Dutton threatened to expel her from the party, which makes a mockery of the Broad-Church concept.

The ALP kept its promise to take the Voice to a referendum and was then criticized for wasting $450 million the LNP didn’t want. Of course, the LNP suffered amnesia again, as who can forget Howard calling an early election to cash in on favorable sentiment. Then last year we had Tudge who decided to take his bat and ball and go home, requiring a by election and now Morrisson has decided to quit early. Both by elections would cost in the order of $3 million but no complaints from the LNP.

Much of the “Cost of Living Crisis” was a result of Covid policies. Cessation of immigration and travel meant that our pool of cheap and expendable labour disappeared and prices increased as a result.
Throwing money at people during Covid to do nothing was inflationary and the resultant increases in interest rates only made things worse. The resumption of immigration post Covid then started a housing crisis which in fact had been brewing for 20 years but it was all the ALP’s fault, according to Dutton.

The $275 electricity bill reduction has been again misrepresented by Dutton and Co. The ALP undertook to reduce the wholesale price of electricity by 18% to $50mwh by 2025 which would provide an average saving of $275 per household. They have no control however over the retail price. Read all about the plan here: refer to the download from Reputex for the detail.

The changes to the tax rates provide increased benefits and cost of living relief to far more people than the LNP’s version. As circumstances change you should change policy to suit: in no way is that a back flip.

As for back flips, selective amnesia has again struck Dutton and Co. Who can forget Howards “Core and Non-Core Promises”, not to mention the “Never Ever GST”. And of course, the LNP’s abandonment of “The Voice”.

If you are going to criticize policies you really should go and review the source documents rather than rely on Sky News and other compliant media for your information.

The ALP are far from perfect and have made their fair share of mistakes, but they are prepared to initiate change and have a go at improving everything we have here.

The LNP on the other hand have morphed into a disruptive group, taking every opportunity to divide the population with lies and deception, all while having no coherent plan for anything.

Well said.....

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:03pm

X2

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:05pm

No time for the threads today, celebrating our national day, been out in the jungle hunting and gangster slapping these monkeys..

might come back later with the final tally, good hunting this year, plenty of 'em around.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:10pm

When exactly did a lot of us become flag waving idiots. It’s not the Aussie way.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:18pm
seeds wrote:

When exactly did a lot of us become flag waving idiots. It’s not the Aussie way.

pretty special flag
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_with_the...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:26pm
A Salty Dog wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
quadzilla wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

This is how Dutton wins:

Ok.

Ha ha the lengths you people will go to try to make excuse for the Labor rabble, every media outlet have reported things as they are there are many stories out right now on Albo breaking election promises and how much it may hurt him.

In regards to the voice we have been through this all before, Yes LNP got the ball rolling on the voice but when the voice & USFTH came back it was rejected even by Turnbull who is so far left i have no idea why he was in the LNP anyway.

And we all know how terrible the whole voice thing was handled, just a complete train wreck, it's almost as if they wanted it to fail.

As for energy bill promise, FFS it was an election promise clearly made just to try to get the swing voter vote, no idea how people ever believed it would happen, but you can bet many sadly did, this is one that had no fuzzy lines a promise that affects all, but was just straight up BS.

Albo should never have been PM, he was never up to it, he is way out of his depth, he is like our own Biden just younger.

But yeah we will have to put up with him and Labor for at least another few years and they wont be easy years.

In regard's to Howards GST broken promise, at least he took it to an election in 98 so people could say yay or nay, and they still voted him in

Other Labor backflips are Gillards carbon tax back flip and Kruds Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme and well not really a promise but his trial of open borders back to offshore detention and strict control was amusing to watch a 360 change in policy.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:23pm

Anyway USA politics is much more interesting at the moment and expect will be for all of 2024.

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:24pm

I can recall for many years Australia Day was of such cultural and national significance that it always fell on the third Monday of January.

Long live the Long Weekend!!!

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:27pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Anyway USA politics is much more interesting at the moment and expect will be for all of 2024.

Then move to the USA and make us all happy.

Good luck with the Green Card you Alien.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 2:37pm
A Salty Dog wrote:

I can recall for many years Australia Day was of such cultural and national significance that it always fell on the third Monday of January.

Long live the Long Weekend!!!

Only the holiday fell on the Monday, Australia day itself has officially been on the 26th Jan in all states since 1935 (almost 100 years)

And yes it was celebrated in July for a few years during the war 1915 to 1918 but before this and after this in most states it was on the 26th Jan.

And yes it has also had other names or dates in some states, but the 26th Jan and the name Australia Day name has by far the longest history .

And the history of celebrating the date in NSW goes back as far as 1808 but really started in 1818 with the 30th anniversary of the founding of the colony and became the first Australian public holiday (NSW only) with official celebrations under the name foundation day, but by 1837 was known as Australia Day.

There is quite a few other notable things that also happened on the date like first inter racial marriage(Aboriginal and English), and the Nationality & citizenship act passed on the 26th Jan 1949., probally more.