Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 10 Feb 2024 at 10:58am

Hey SG

In Melbourne our Big Hospitals seem to be , as usual , coping ok ( they always try so hard and get the job done , somehow ) .

I live 500 meters from the Mighty Alfred Hospital .

It sits opposite of Fawkner Park which is also huge .

The hospital community are everywhere and they all seem like great young kids .

All say they are very busy .

Covid is STILL around , but is lurking around in the dark , it seems .

Our Whole Medical System has to be coordinated and invested in , NOW !

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 10 Feb 2024 at 11:14am

Just for interest..

I got Covid back in November and got put on antivirals…within 24 hours that wonder drug was working. I’ve had respiratory problems that lingered around for 6/7 months from previous Covid but antivirals this time gave me amazing recovery with very few long term issues.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 10 Feb 2024 at 2:02pm
Roadkill wrote:

Just for interest..

I got Covid back in November and got put on antivirals…within 24 hours that wonder drug was working. I’ve had respiratory problems that lingered around for 6/7 months from previous Covid but antivirals this time gave me amazing recovery with very few long term issues.

You got it again! LMAO

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 10 Feb 2024 at 2:45pm

Hahaha ;)

- “Just for interest..”

…ummmmm ;);)

https://m.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 10 Feb 2024 at 2:47pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Just for interest..

You got it again! LMAO

Antivirals ? That ivermectin is good stuff eh

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Saturday, 10 Feb 2024 at 9:27pm

Hey San Guine..... hoping you're well. We both know that, while Everyone SAYS they appreciate health care workers.......
We both know it.
It's a mostly thankless gig.
It has it's own rewards... they come from within, not without.
We both know that, too.
Kinda like surfing, in that way, i spose?
Anyways, i do appreciate ya and thanx.

Slackjawedyokel's picture
Slackjawedyokel Saturday, 10 Feb 2024 at 10:00pm
san Guine wrote:

“There is no possible way for this policy to be enforced or enacted without explicit support from the Australian Health institutions.”
Utter and complete nonsense. The rationale was to protect the sick, and immuno-compromised. End of story….prove it otherwise

Proof? What more proof do you need? The hospital you worked in would let vaccinated people enter under the falsehood that they would not transmit the virus, whilst the unvaccinated were denied. This is the working policy that you yourself operated under as declared by the Health institutions so you should be as familiar as it with anyone.

Remember when your unvaccinated colleagues were not eligible for employment? The explanation was that they would pose a risk of transmitting the virus which was absent in vaccinated nurses and health staff.

I think your frustration and anger should perhaps be directed at the health system instead of someone who is merely pointing out their deceitful nature.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 11 Feb 2024 at 7:25pm

SG, for you to deny all the evidence is astounding and actually a little scary.

It's all in front of you, yet you REFUSE to acknowledge that truth.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 11 Feb 2024 at 8:44pm

Cannot believe this is still going, I mean FFS spot the people who never did / understand / or appreciate statistics, probability, how about a bell curve and risk management but can quote total BS read from some conspiracy website / facebook expert word for word.

Anyway a greater fool is arguing with one... yeah I know that's me.

Edit, throwing shit at a nurse is a dog act no matter what.

Hope you are keeping well SG

Slackjawedyokel Sunday, 11 Feb 2024 at 9:01pm
I focus wrote:

Cannot believe this is still going, I mean FFS spot the people who never did / understand / or appreciate statistics, probability, how about a bell curve and risk management but can quote total BS read from some conspiracy website / facebook expert word for word.

Anyway a greater fool is arguing with one... yeah I know that's me.

Edit, throwing shit at a nurse is a dog act no matter what.

Hope you are keeping well SG

No one threw shit at a nurse. A nurse made as though someone had thrown shit at a them because the nurse was shown to be perpetrating a falsehood and the nurse was frustrated as a consequence.

99.98% all population survival rate from day one. That’s the only statistic you need to know. That and the vaccines never prevented transmission and the medical and political institutions lied In saying they did. The lies about the vaccines are important but not as important as the established willingness of the public and governmental institutions to employ lies to deceive the people they are supposed to serve in good faith.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 8:51am

To say the vaccine doesn't stop transmission so was useless and they lied to us is way too simplistic. There is plenty of evidence that it lowered the severity and viral load and along with masks, social distancing and hygiene helped the population gain herd immunity from a novel virus and saved the lives of thousands of old and vulnerable people. This is what you will be told if you ring the medical science dept of any university or hospital and is what will go down in the history books. Luckily these freedumb antivax morons who get their info from twitter and insta and don't understand the complexities of the situation who refused to wear masks etc. and put their own personal freedoms ahead of the good of the herd are only a tiny but very vocal minority.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 9:22am

old dog

As U admit the vaccines didn't stop transmission and Fauci lied to us ( that's a big start ) .

This means that all the Personal Freedoms , like me driving more than 5km for a surf for a year , were removed for NO reason imho .

U have your view and have admitted moving on .

I have no problem with that !

Covid is still causing major problems and certain responses MUST be changed .

It is complicated but it is also a simple question .

What is more important , freedom or equality ???

I say Freedom , what do U say Old Dog ?

If U say Equality , we won't agree on much , ever !

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 9:51am

@old dog , could you please explain this “ herd immunity “ we have apparently gained ? ( according to you )

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 11:22am

Old Dog has apparently moved on, but yet here he is again and again. Thanks for admitting finally that the vaccine didn't stop transmission. That's a big leap forward.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 3:41pm

"No one threw shit at a nurse. A nurse made as though someone had thrown shit at a them because the nurse was shown to be perpetrating a falsehood and the nurse was frustrated as a consequence."

Er... what falsehood I have consistently said from Day 1 that vaccines were designed to ameliorate symptoms, you seem to have an axe to grind with governments et al (not my problem nor in the realms of my control, but obviously causing you great emotional distress). Then you doubled down and questioned my professional integrity.
You are obviously an extremely unhappy individual, but never mind, if you presented at my hospital I would still treat you with dignity and respect.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 3:48pm
san Guine wrote:

"No one threw shit at a nurse. A nurse made as though someone had thrown shit at a them because the nurse was shown to be perpetrating a falsehood and the nurse was frustrated as a consequence."

Er... what falsehood I have consistently said from Day 1 that vaccines were designed to ameliorate symptoms, you seem to have an axe to grind with governments et al (not my problem nor in the realms of my control, but obviously causing you great emotional distress). Then you doubled down and questioned my professional integrity.
You are obviously an extremely unhappy individual, but never mind, if you presented at my hospital I would still treat you with dignity and respect.

Deleted it as I can’t be bothered

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 3:47pm
burleigh wrote:

You talk a lot about evidence without ever providing any scientifically proven papers to back up any of your hyperbolic claims. You've been banging that same drum for 4 years now and it's bored the hell out of everyone here. But carry on...

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 3:49pm
burleigh wrote:
san Guine wrote:

Deleted it as I can’t be bothered

QED

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 4:10pm
san Guine wrote:
burleigh wrote:

You talk a lot about evidence without ever providing any scientifically proven papers to back up any of your hyperbolic claims. You've been banging that same drum for 4 years now and it's bored the hell out of everyone here. But carry on...

Are you serious? It was drummed into us daily "Get vaccinated to stop the spread" thats not a hyperbolic claim at all.

Then dumb shits like old dog vomit back up like they’re some kind of hero as they got vaccinated.

You're doing more damage than good to try and argue otherwise.

You're also still yet to acknowledge any vaccine injuries which is sad as i GUARANTEE you saw them.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 4:45pm

"You're also still yet to acknowledge any vaccine injuries which is sad as i GUARANTEE you saw them."

I work in critical care, from memory over the last 4 years, I have been minimally involved with only one patient who had serious health issues from a vaccine acquired injury (and even that was equivocal given pre-existing co-morbidities) but they were never critically unwell, ie needing ICU admission.

I would NEVER say that vaccine injuries don't exist, EVERY medication we give has potential risks and side effects. But I suggest that most vaccine injuries would be more prevalent in sub-acute medicine.

In my line of work, vaccine injuries just aren't a thing.

But thanks anyway for your GUARANTEE, remind me not to ever buy a second hand board off you : )

Slackjawedyokel Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 4:44pm

Apparently im a deeply unhappy individual for pointing out that this statement of yours is untrue: :

“Who in Australia told you otherwise? Not one person in the medical field of any repute has ever stated that the vaccine stopped infection.”

Well, mate, it was untrue then and it’s untrue now. Of you want to go off on some victimisation rant then full bore, get stuck in. It’s completely immature and bizarre but do what you want.

The medical institutions in Australia said that the vaccines prevented transmission. They reinforced this with their actions. It’s not in dispute.

Emotionally unraveling will not change this and it’s not doing your credibility any favours. Nor does it make contributing on here very pleasant.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 5:49pm

During the hyperbolic days of the pandemic (say from early 2020 to end 2021), I actually tuned out from all outside political information, stopped watching the news and never read any article from an online news service related to COVID - as part of a self-protective mechanism. I watched a lot of EPL and surfing!

All my medical information at the time came from medical experts in the field, reading scientifically peer-reviewed papers and getting hands-on clinical understanding of the virus at a clinical level, understanding the presentations so we could best manage their clinical deterioration. All my information came from reputable sources. So yes, from my perspective;

"Not one person in the medical field of any repute has ever stated that the vaccine stopped infection.”

You seem to have a problem with the government, health administrators, politicians, apparatchiks etc. Mate you may want to character assassinate me but I reiterate than I would still care for you with dignity and respect if our paths were to unfortunately cross

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 6:11pm

Imagine if Fauci and the Chinese were honest and sensible with us all , at the start .

A Man made disease has just escaped from a Chinese Lab which has been fumigated and the disease was killed .

Don't panic as we know the disease well and it won't be a Pandemic .

China are going to try social distancing and masks and may also lock down the city , in which it is , to see what happens .

All Drug Companies have been given all the scientific details of Covid .

They are now working to find drugs to treat this new disease .

All treatment options used around the world will be evaluated .

I am sorry this happened but don't panic .

We will get through this .

Slackjawedyokel Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 7:07pm

Hey San Guine. This is the sum total of the character assassination for which you think I’m responsible when I questioned if you were willing to continue spreading readily disproven lies :

“Tell me that you’re not really willing to jeopardise your professional integrity with this ludicrous claim?”

Yep. That’s it in its entirety. Since then you’ve assassinated your own character by carrying on like a pork chop. Really mate, you sound like you’re writing your posts from a fainting couch.

I’m not particularly interested in that rubbish.

And here’s the thing fella , whilst you were merely turning up for work at the hospital during covid , I was caring for a terminally ill person 24 hours per day , 7 days a week, 364 days a year. Unlike yourself with your weaponised demand for respect for doing your JOB for which you are well paid . And where you have systemic support and regular breaks during the day. Not to mention structured time away from work and getting to go home at night and leave the caring duties behind for hours at a time. Not to mention that the people you are PAID to look after are strangers so that you are not 100% emotionally wrecked by their daily deterioration and struggles. Neither are you spiritually wrecked when they call you for the fifth time that night and ask you to kill them.

Get it fella? I don’t fall for your weaponised Florence Nightingale routine. Because I did much more, with much less at a far, far greater cost.

And you know why it was particularly difficult? Because support from the government in the form of our ( very capable ) carer was removed when the medical institutions pushed the lie that the unvaccinated would spread covid whilst the vaccinated would not. This LIE basically halved the number of available care assistants in our area. Just as it created a massive reduction in the number of nurses and healthcare professionals who knew the vaccines did not prevent transmission and refused to concede to the institutional bullshit coming from the health establishment.

I’m anything but unhappy, even though myself and my wife didn’t get to leave our home for more than two seperate nights over a two year period specifically because of this institutional health LIE that you think you can blithely repeat and then remain uncontested because you think you’re solely responsible for the health of Australia.

I’ve never met a nurse who I didn’t respect but you’re getting very, very close. Act like a grown up and spare us the daytime TV victimhood theatre when defending your incorrect opinions.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 12 Feb 2024 at 7:12pm
Slackjawedyokel wrote:

Hey San Guine. This is the sum total of the character assassination for which you think I’m responsible when I questioned if you were willing to continue spreading readily disproven lies :

“Tell me that you’re not really willing to jeopardise your professional integrity with this ludicrous claim?”

Yep. That’s it in its entirety. Since then you’ve assassinated your own character by carrying on like a pork chop. Really mate, you sound like you’re writing your posts from a fainting couch.

And here’s the thing fella , whilst you were merely turning up for work at the hospital during covid , I was caring for a terminally ill person 24 hours per day , 7 days a week, 364 days a year. Unlike yourself with your weaponised demand for respect for doing your JOB for which you are well paid . And where you have systemic support and regular breaks during the day. Not to mention structured time away from work and getting to go home at night and leave the caring duties behind for hours at a time. Not to mention that the people you are PAID to look after are strangers so that you are not 100% emotionally wrecked by their daily deterioration and struggles. Neither are you spiritually wrecked when they call you for the fifth time that night and ask you to kill them.

Get it fella? I don’t fall for your weaponised Florence Nightingale routine. Because I did much more, with much less at a far, far greater cost.

And you know why it was particularly difficult? Because support from the government in the form of our ( very capable ) carer was removed when the medical institutions pushed the lie that the unvaccinated would spread covid whilst the vaccinated would not. This LIE basically halved the number of available care assistants in our area. Just as it created a massive reduction in the number of nurses and healthcare professionals who knew the vaccines did not prevent transmission and refused to concede to the institutional bullshit coming from the health establishment.

I’m anything but unhappy, even though myself and my wife didn’t get to leave our home for more than two seperate nights over a two year period specifically because of this institutional health LIE that you think you can blithely repeat and then remain uncontested because you think you’re solely responsible for the health of Australia.

I’ve never met a nurse who I didn’t respect but you’re getting very, very close. Act like a grown up and spare us the daytime TV victimhood theatre when defending your incorrect opinions.

Is that you, blowin?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 13 Feb 2024 at 9:56am

SG are your eyes and ears painted on?
I’ve had legitimate chats with a doctor who will admit we were coerced into a vaccine on false promises. Yet you stay silent and push the blame elsewhere.
I’m not saying you are directly responsible, but for you to not admit people were coerced is crazy.
You are employed by the government you want us to have an issue with.
It’s a world wide issue that your not willing to address:

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 13 Feb 2024 at 11:36am
Roadkill wrote:
Slackjawedyokel wrote:

Is that you, blowin?

Yep...

Loves ya Blowing but you are barking up the wrong tree.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 13 Feb 2024 at 11:39am
I focus wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Slackjawedyokel wrote:

Is that you, blowin?

Yep...

Loves ya Blowing but you are barking up the wrong tree.

Blowin is bang on the money and fuck it's good to have him back.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 13 Feb 2024 at 12:22pm

Welcome back blowin , I’ve enjoyed most of your input and different take on things on a variety of topics , I’m not going to defend anyone on here but personal attacks don’t help on these forums . I respect your angry about what you went through and for good reasons. My mum got covid from her carer that came in each morning for an hour to shower and dress her , both mum and carer were fully vaccinated and as I’ve shared before mum showed no symptoms but her dementia skyrocketed . What your mum went through was terrible. Hope your getting some time to surf . I’m having a few years break, it’s taxing mentally caring for others , especially when they’re family .

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 6:48am

Lest we forget.

At the big picture level this article gives an overview of the:

"false consensus based on inaccurate information have become an infamous reminder of the dangers of excessive reliance on a few politically motivated individuals: Anthony Fauci, Francis Collins, Jerome Adams, Deborah Birx, and later entries like Ashish Jha and Vivek Murthy.

There were a host of others who had a significant impact on the rampant spread of indefensible, immediately disproven ideas, mandates, and policies.

Many continue into 2024 to advocate for failed policies,"

https://brownstone.org/articles/another-variant-another-desperate-cry-fo...

"By summer 2020, we knew that masks didn’t stop respiratory viruses, especially Covid. We knew that schools didn’t need to close, because of Sweden’s example. We knew that transmission was airborne, meaning that eradication and elimination was impossible. We also knew that there had already been and would most assuredly continue to be massive harms from the closures and mandates enacted in a futile, feeble attempt to control the uncontrollable. Sridhar forcefully advocated for “zero Covid” anyway, and was quite clear in her definition of such efforts as meant to eliminate the virus from local communities."

"She of course had no plan to continue that “elimination” permanently.

Yet now it was apparently all a poor choice of words. How convenient!"

"oooops" and "those were dark times" is not forgivable when the stakes were so high and the data was available to make better decisions.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 10:46am

"By summer 2020, we knew that masks didn’t stop respiratory viruses, especially Covid."

The correct masks sure do stop respiratory viruses, especially Covid, didn't bother reading pass the above, the fact Tucker makes money from this stuff is reprehensible.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 11:18am

Hey Focus

Gosh U loose focus easily .

Do U still believe Fauci 2 ?

It was only 1 paragraph !

On a minor technicality ( we were told how 2 use the wrong type of mask ( I wore mine back to front for a year ) U missed so much FACT .

I somehow caught covid from no one , as no one I had met , had the disease .

IF masks REALLY work , great , show ME the data !

What type of masks ? Do we have them etc etc .

I am willing to change my view on Masks !!!

Not sure why a journalist is not allowed 2 make money ?

There would not B many if they didn't get paid .

The ABC pays their journalists quite well .

Cheesy , there is always an X Factor ( and Y and Z ) and that is why we need a NEW Nation Wide , PLAN !

Richard Cheese's picture
Richard Cheese's picture
Richard Cheese Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 11:13am

Well 'Disease X' is coming so roll up ya sleeves again.. enjoy.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-02-13-global-eugenicists-pick-vax-hill-...

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 1:06pm
Pop Down wrote:

Hey Focus

Do U still believe Fauci 2 ?

PLAN !

PD believing is for religion, gathering followers, being a follower blindly or perhaps hoping for something you don't understand it should never be a factor when accessing or weighing so called facts evidence or risks.

To be honest I really cannot tell you much about Fauci he is of little use when weighing facts or evidence, like SG I take on board what research or leaders in the area say and understand its always a moving target

In regards to the statement masks not working it is an extortionary misleading false statement.

You could argue anything below a fitted P2 / N95 down to a piece of cloth is less than 100% effective depending on environment, fitting, proximity, time worn and a 1000 other factors etc but all will be better than not wearing one at all for more reasons than just filtering virus.

Arguments that use a small piece of the puzzle to present the total picture (usually with built in outrage i.e. click bait) tend to be the hallmark for getting people hooked on BS.

Note none of the above is meant to be a reflection on your goodself.
Cheers

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 3:06pm
I focus wrote:

"By summer 2020, we knew that masks didn’t stop respiratory viruses, especially Covid."

The correct masks sure do stop respiratory viruses, especially Covid, didn't bother reading pass the above, the fact Tucker makes money from this stuff is reprehensible.

A few conscientious health workers wore the correct masks correctly. One I know wore the best mask tightly fitted and ate her lunch in her car and did not drink all shift. Never touched her mask all day. OCD level caution. That works.

We all saw the rest of us - wrong masks, poorly worn, re-used day after day, taken off for coffee breaks, touched and adjusted all the time, off the nose half the time etc. Ineffective and often just germ collecting devices.

One guy I know told me how difficult it was to sleep with his mask on. I said "what? Sleeping with a mask. Why?"

He said his wife got covid and he still slept next to her!!!!! He used the same cloth mask for weeks. If his coffee mug was any guide (stained black) he never washed the mask. Mostly the mask was below his nose as he talked. The mask was black. Otherwise i would have been close to black with dirt.

That was reality.

Two villages in India were studied. One had strong masking, the other none.

The differences in contagion levels between the two were very small. A few percent. Even so, the media had headlines saying "India study shows masks do work".

Policy must deal with the possible - not the impossible. Good intentions are no excuse.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 3:40pm

Thanks Focus

I agree with everything U said ( I think :) .

But I DO follow Fauci , like a hawk , since he was first introduced as Covid Supremo of the World .

Turned out he helped invent Covid and was full of it !

As U mentioned and was confirmed , Masks , when worn correctly and Contentiously DO work !!!

All our Front Line Medical People HAVE to have access to them and educated about WHEN and HOW 2 wear them .

IF it makes any positive difference , we all need to be prepared to wear them , again .

We don't kill anyone who doesn't want to wear one in public , though .

No Mask Police !

Just walk away .

Make OUR Pollies DO the same fn thing , starting NOW !!!

We ALL have to be very contentious with passing on diseases , washing hands , coughing into our arms and away from people etc .

All this should be a basic fundamental of Our plan against any air borne disease , surely !

Appreciate U educating me on this important matter .

Cheers 2 U !

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 4:39pm

I wore a tightly fitted N95 2020-2022 at work. Mandatory. Got a new one/ new fitting each week. Masks are still mandatory at work, but downgraded to surgical. Full PPE is also still mandatory when treating a patient who is positive for Covid, of course.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 4:46pm

I never wore a mask and never will. I don’t care if I catch your cold, I keep my body in top health every single day. I eat healthy, I exercise and I don’t drink.
You wear a mask if you want, but I will never put one on. EVER

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 5:37pm

As I wear glasses Masks were a real hassle at work as I kept fogging up .

Before Covid , I would not go into work if sick and expected others to practise Social Distancing if they had a cold .

If anyone was Walking around the Office , after recently having Covid , coughing and Spluttering around me without a fn mask on , shit , they would cop a real earful ( the whole office would hear ) and would either GO home OR get a mask and blow their nose somewhere not near me , 4 sure . And wash their hands :)

I would put 1 on for Covid and go home myself , 4 sure !

Would do the same 4 the Flu and have done ( no mask ) !

I would refuse 2 work in any industry , other than medical , that mandated masks or drugs .

Stok

How sensible 2 have heat resistant Masks at the ready , in case of a Bushfire !!!

Burly , would u wear a mask in a bushfire ?:

A MUST have imho , as leaves 2 hands free to do whatever !

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 5:17pm

I'm actually fascinated by the anti mask trend.

People wear gloves, hard hats, steel caps, long sleeve clothing, hats, sunglasses, glasses for sight etc.

But masks? Why did it strike such a nerve?

Masks sold out in Vicco during the bushfires before covid. No anti mask sentiments existed. Protecting yourself from smoke is ok it seems.

Medical industry have been using long using them. Anyone want major surgery with their surgeons and nurses not masking up?

But to protect yourself and others from a new virus we know very little about is contentious?

Freedom to chose is maybe part of it, but we've sacrificed our freedoms in thousands of other ways in the name of public safety - speed limits, seat belts and airport body scans to name a few.

The even funnier thing is, face masks are an effective tool against facial recognition. Wear a mask everytime you use the self checkout at woolies and fight back against their control.

But it seems trend followers (sheep) bought into the idea that wearing a mask is the ultimate form of submission, and that if you wear one you're weak/scared.

Oh the stupidity.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 5:20pm

Oh and he many times I read, or saw a vid with some freedom fighter back in the lockdown days spurting their BS that this is the new normal and the gov will make us wear masks for ever.

Lol.

Haven't touched a face mask in years.

Just like it was before 2020.

Almost like we had a one off, crazy pandemic right? Who would've thought!

Richard Cheese's picture
Richard Cheese's picture
Richard Cheese Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 5:28pm
burleigh wrote:

I never wore a mask and never will. I don’t care if I catch your cold, I keep my body in top health every single day. I eat healthy, I exercise and I don’t drink.
You wear a mask if you want, but I will never put one on. EVER

Same here Burleigh... I worked in a super busy shopping centre for the last 5 years.. never caught the scary cold once or ever, despite no slave mask and no experimental injections. The slave mask forces people to recycle the most offensive CARBON.

https://freshmag.com.au/covid-19-slavery-masks/

Interestingly on page 12 article 6:1 we have Potassium Chloride...

https://www.tga.gov.au/sites/default/files/auspar-bnt162b2-mrna-210125-p...

Then this disgrace from 2005'....

https://australianprescriber.tg.org.au/articles/high-risk-medication-ale...

Then this icing on the chemical cake...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/cd49a818-5645-4a94-832e-d22860804779

Yayy for chemicals!! Not.

Slackjawedyokel Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 5:52pm
Stok wrote:

Oh and he many times I read, or saw a vid with some freedom fighter back in the lockdown days spurting their BS that this is the new normal and the gov will make us wear masks for ever.

Lol.

Haven't touched a face mask in years.

Just like it was before 2020.

Almost like we had a one off, crazy pandemic right? Who would've thought!

That’s strange. I can’t recall a single instance of agreement that people would be forced to wear face masks forever.

Reckon you could provide a few examples from the many, many instances you are referring to please Stok?
Thanks.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 6:30pm

Sorry SJY i dont have these instances saved and recorded. I followed a bunch of conspiracy theorist for shits and giggles through covid, and saw plenty of the content from marches and protests. Wasn't unusual for someone to say something like 'this is what the elites want and this is now your future'.

I think most of these people have either jumped on some other bandwagon or disappeared into the oblivion of insignificance.

Slackjawedyokel Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 6:45pm

Or….these people were so discombobulated by the governmental overreach and totalitarianism that , in their dismay at being subject to unprecedented and unjustified harassment, confinement and persecution, they mistakenly extrapolated a potential future along that trajectory.

Having said that, I saw no evidence of such beliefs that mask mandates would never be relinquished.

Luckily enough, the internet doesn’t forget and you personally don’t need to remember where you saw these many, many instances and you can just Google search a few examples to show me as evidence.

Cheers fella.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 9:58pm

stok just outed himself as the extremist he is...

whilst most the world was open to, and talking about, new developments as they arose through covid... stok was deluding himself he was fighting the good fight, screaming into the void, at the 'conspiracy theorists' and the 'cookers' who took a fairly unbalanced view of what was going on... totally oblivious he was doing exactly the same, just in the extreme camp of the opposite direction...

tarring everyone with the same brush who dared question his dogmatic exteme view of the situation as ignorant, stupid, anti-science etc...

with hindsight... oh the irony!

it's the same with the pro-trump / anti-trump crowd... there's actually only about 20% of the population in each group... whilst the sane 60% just laughs out loud, at all the surrounding nuttyness... taking each issue on its merits instead of through this extemist lens...

and guess which camp stok's in?

again...

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 at 11:49pm

Yes SJY, some folk did become a hot mess when things started to go awry. Instead of maintaining a rational position on things and accepting the shit situation we were all in, they instead took to the warm comfort of conspiracies which had crystallised explanations for everything and clear directions on what you needed to do. I agree with you - these folk certainly stretched the likelihood of events.

As for me googling instances of videos or social media posts where the commentator claimed that mask mandates wouldn't end and we'd be on our 20th booster at stage 5 lockdowns by now, well, you got me, I cbf doing that and to be honest I don't even think I'd be able to find anything. The internet doesn't forget but it does dilute on an unimaginably large scale.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 15 Feb 2024 at 12:07am

@sypkan

Dogmatic and extreme?

Really?

My position on the scientific side of things was purely if it ain't within your expertise- don't try to spread ideas or agendas you don't truly understand.

From the political and social side of things, we'll that's a less black and white issue. You're post is highly presumptuous. I'd say I'm well within the centre of things in terms of how the general public reacted to covid and the governments response - I didn't overreact on either end of the scale. Hardly extreme. I guess I did waste a fair amount of time chatting on these forums....that was probably the most extreme thing I did!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 15 Feb 2024 at 12:49am

ok donny...

dude, you played the role of swellnet don lemon

hysterical, abusive, and deranged

but you remember it however you want...